The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   JDR highs and lows (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=113979)

SVine 01-19-2014 07:51 PM

JDR highs and lows

Designed two magnificent game plans for their two playoff games. SD was seriously shut down for 2 1/2 quarters, and NE was held without a TD into the 4th quarter. I am not sure how many D Coordinators can design game plans with such a depleted D against good offensive teams.

The prevent D played in both playoff games is very frustrating and concerning. A 2 man rush on the Brady qb run from 2 yards out was an absolutely crap ridiculous play call.

Close a fuggin game out and don't forget how you got to a big lead for crying out loud!

Bronco X 01-19-2014 07:53 PM

Arguably the two best performances of the season by the D when they needed it most, with key players out. I have no complaints.

broncocalijohn 01-19-2014 07:54 PM

Dont sweat it too much. Prevent worked fine but two man rush was not very smart. Kill some time and know they needed two tics and two two point conversions.

SVine 01-19-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronco X (Post 4033614)
Arguably the two best performances of the season by the D when they needed it most, with key players out. I have no complaints.

You would have been complaining if NE converted the 2 point conversion and recovered an onside kick.....

Bronco X 01-19-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVine (Post 4033629)
You would have been complaining if NE converted the 2 point conversion and recovered an onside kick.....

Yeah, when choosing things to complain about, I lean towards things that actually happened.

BroncosfanGuy 01-19-2014 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVine (Post 4033629)

neither of which happened

R8R H8R 01-19-2014 08:31 PM

For those of you that are complaining about the 3 man rush:

For one, it worked. Keep everything in front of you as time is was on side.

Second, could it be possible that he had little choice because pot roast & Sly were hurt earlier?

Relax ladies, the Broncos won.

Archer81 01-19-2014 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVine (Post 4033598)
Designed two magnificent game plans for their two playoff games. SD was seriously shut down for 2 1/2 quarters, and NE was held without a TD into the 4th quarter. I am not sure how many D Coordinators can design game plans with such a depleted D against good offensive teams.

The prevent D played in both playoff games is very frustrating and concerning. A 2 man rush on the Brady qb run from 2 yards out was an absolutely crap ridiculous play call.

Close a fuggin game out and don't forget how you got to a big lead for crying out loud!

The offense going on 10 play, 8 minute drives? I said this in another thread, but NE took 4 minutes off the clock when they were down by 16. They needed to score faster than they did. They did not. If the same situation happens in 2 weeks I'll be happy. It means we have a double digit lead late in the SB.

Some people are never satisfied.

:Broncos:

AboveAverage 01-19-2014 08:42 PM

Allowing 17 and 16 against SD and NE is really impressive. Props.

hades 01-19-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archer81 (Post 4033815)
The offense going on 10 play, 8 minute drives? I said this in another thread, but NE took 4 minutes off the clock when they were down by 16. They needed to score faster than they did. They did not. If the same situation happens in 2 weeks I'll be happy. It means we have a double digit lead late in the SB.

Some people are never satisfied.

I just like when Denver scores 40 or more points a game!

Archer81 01-19-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hades (Post 4033830)
I just like when Denver scores 40 or more points a game!

So do I. Defense giving up 16.5 a game is pretty damn sweet too.