The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Von Miller on Pace to Break the NFL Sack Record (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=131436)

pricejj 09-21-2018 12:13 AM

Von Miller on Pace to Break the NFL Sack Record
 
Record is 22.5. Von has 12 tackles and 4 sacks. That means Von Miller is on pace for 96 tackles, and 32 sacks.

pricejj 09-21-2018 12:23 AM

Had a strip sack nullified with Todd Davis holding call.

Strip Sacked 09-21-2018 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricejj (Post 5332782)
Had a strip sack nullified with Todd Davis holding call.

Of which I still canít see Todd actually doing anything...

hades 09-21-2018 06:30 AM

Once teams watch some film on Von, they will figure out a way to stop him.


/sarcasm

ludo21 09-21-2018 07:07 AM

2 sacks a week is tough, but if anyone can do it the Vonster can!

DHallblows 09-21-2018 07:14 AM

Von's also on pace to have -2 sacks this week...

ColoradoDarin 09-21-2018 07:15 AM

Chubb is already making Von great again! Nice when the offense can't just triple team Von.

rmsanger 09-21-2018 07:25 AM

We’re going to need it with our secondary performing like this. I’m nervous about our Def.

BroncosfanGuy 09-21-2018 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strip Sacked (Post 5332814)
Of which I still canít see Todd actually doing anything...

Yeah, the officiating is out of control. They play such a huge hand in just about every game anymore.

I was pretty sure when it was called that flag was thrown after the play was over as well.

MamaMia 09-21-2018 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy (Post 5332850)
Yeah, the officiating is out of control. They play such a huge hand in just about every game anymore.

I was pretty sure when it was called that flag was thrown after the play was over as well.

Thats the biggest problem with the nfl. You got third and 20, the team fails to convert but because there was hands to the face on a d lineman its first down for the offense.
What??

Or these ridiculous unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. I know we benefitted from one last week but its insane how influential they can be.

Jason in LA 09-21-2018 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strip Sacked (Post 5332814)
Of which I still canít see Todd actually doing anything...

During the broadcast, there wasn't a replay angle that showed the hold. The hold would of had to happen off screen, and the producers didn't bother showing it after the play. It looked like Davis turned to run with the receiver and then they ran off screen. I'd have to assume that the hold happened after that.

Jahtilla 09-21-2018 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricejj (Post 5332781)
Record is 22.5. Von has 12 tackles and 4 sacks. That means Von Miller is on pace for 96 tackles, and 32 sacks.

Have we not been down this jinxy cat road before?

I hope he can do it, but let us see where he is in a few more weeks.

DENVERDUI55 09-21-2018 08:36 AM

And Mahomes and Fitzpatrick are on pace to smash Mannings 2013 record season.

DHallblows 09-21-2018 08:40 AM

Ryan Fitzpatrick has 16 more passing TDs in 44 less starts than Troy Aikman.

DENVERDUI55 09-21-2018 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHallblows (Post 5332874)
Ryan Fitzpatrick has 16 more passing TDs in 44 less starts than Troy Aikman.

Troy did not like that stat.

Jason in LA 09-21-2018 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHallblows (Post 5332874)
Ryan Fitzpatrick has 16 more passing TDs in 44 less starts than Troy Aikman.



Off the top of my head, I don't think that Larry Bird is in the top 200 in 3-pointers made. I believe Lamar Odom hit more. lol

CEH 09-21-2018 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason in LA (Post 5332861)
During the broadcast, there wasn't a replay angle that showed the hold. The hold would of had to happen off screen, and the producers didn't bother showing it after the play. It looked like Davis turned to run with the receiver and then they ran off screen. I'd have to assume that the hold happened after that.

Yes he held Cook around the waist at about the 35 yard line as Cook made an in cut . Carr was actually looking the other side of the field away from Cook then Von strips him.

DENVERDUI55 09-21-2018 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason in LA (Post 5332884)
Off the top of my head, I don't think that Larry Bird is in the top 200 in 3-pointers made. I believe Lamar Odom hit more. lol

Kyle Korver is number 4 all time! There are really no old timers on the list which isn't too surprising.

This is the comment I was thinking of.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Who cares? <a href="https://t.co/b0t8BWGPCM">https://t.co/b0t8BWGPCM</a></p>&mdash; Troy Aikman (@TroyAikman) <a href="https://twitter.com/TroyAikman/status/1042543210000728064?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 19, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

bowtown 09-21-2018 09:38 AM

Salty Troy

CEH 09-21-2018 11:40 AM

Von had a good point about the new rule sacking the QB
He goes for the ball not the QB
If the QB holds he ball heís trying to rip it out if heís throwing heís trying to hit the ball. Takes the emphasis away from the qb himself

Kaylore 09-21-2018 12:04 PM

Von has a chance. Two sacks against the Raiders stout line is no joke. Unfortunately we don't get to play the Seahawks line every week, so it's unlikely he'll maintain that production. However he probably is trending at least towards another 16-18 sack season.

DENVERDUI55 09-21-2018 12:09 PM

I always find these threads as accurate as KC fan excuses. There have been probably 100 players or so to have 4 or more sacks through 2 games. CC last year in game 1 had 4 sacks. Von will probably have a 3 game stretch with no sacks at some point. I could see him getting 15 plus or minus a couple.

Smilin Assassin 09-21-2018 12:42 PM

He was on pace for 48 sacks after week one, just to keep things in perspective....


That said, I hope he DOES get the sack record. And, even if not, he does SO much for this D.

From setting the edge, containing mobile QBs, stuffing the run and even allowing others to get to the QB (watch Von on Chris Harris' sack vs Seattle).

If you haven't been already, I implore you look for him before the snap and watch him each play. It's amazing the things he does that don't get the attention.

LiberalsRClueless 09-21-2018 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smilin Assassin (Post 5333024)
He was on pace for 48 sacks after week one, just to keep things in perspective....


That said, I hope he DOES get the sack record. And, even if not, he does SO much for this D.

From setting the edge, containing mobile QBs, stuffing the run and even allowing others to get to the QB (watch Von on Chris Harris' sack vs Seattle).

If you haven't been already, I implore you look for him before the snap and watch him each play. It's amazing the things he does that don't get the attention.

Maybe Brett Favre will come back to lay down in the backfield, so Von can get that record.

socalorado 09-21-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin (Post 5332840)
Chubb is already making Von great again! Nice when the offense can't just triple team Von.

Chubb is becoming that Demarcus Ware that is allowing Von to seek and destroy.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.