PDA

View Full Version : Spot the terrible oline

Sir_Robin
09-13-2011, 04:17 PM
My first thread. I know stats don't tell the whole story. Humor me anyway. I present you with four teams. Spot the terrible oline(s).

broncocalijohn
09-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Too much reading after last night and today's meltdown. Can I cheat and you point it out for me?

ScottXray
09-13-2011, 04:53 PM
My first thread. I know stats don't tell the whole story. Humor me anyway. I present you with four teams. Spot the terrible oline(s).

Last four years of Denver stats?

Sir_Robin
09-13-2011, 04:53 PM
Two of them are our Beloved 09 & 10 Broncos...

Sir_Robin
09-13-2011, 08:18 PM
Bunch of lazy bums. Lower left and upper right would be your AFC Champion Broncos from 86 & 89.

I guess one player can make a difference.

strafen
09-13-2011, 09:13 PM
Rick Dennison and Bobby Turner anyone?
Those have been the biggest losses to this team, aside from players that habe impacted this team so badly. You think Dennison could help our line right now?
Turner and Dennison worked well in tandem. They were both very successful at what they did here for the Broncos.
Unfortunately little napoleon couldn't handle somebody managing that aspect of the football team without him ****ing with it...

The way McDaniels dismantled this football team was almost like he did it on purpose.
How can somebody do so much damage and nobody put the brakes on the little ****er to stop him from doing further damage

baja
09-13-2011, 09:17 PM
Rick Dennison and Bobby Turner anyone?
Those have been the biggest losses to this team, aside from players that habe impacted this team so badly. You think Dennison could help our line right now?
Turner and Dennison worked well in tandem. They were both very successful at what they did here for the Broncos.
Unfortunately little napoleon couldn't handle somebody managing that aspect of the football team without him ****ing with it...

The way McDaniels dismantled this football team was almost like he did it on purpose.
How can somebody do so much damage and nobody put the brakes on the little ****er to stop him from doing further damage

Dennison was my choice for HC, too bad he came a close second

fdf
09-13-2011, 11:11 PM

This keeps getting repeated and it is wrong. When McDaniels took over, we had an OL comprised of Ryan Clady, Chris Kuper and . . . It was in very bad shape. Similarly, I don't expect even the Shanny hounds would contend his DL was anything less than a disaster, or for that matter the safeties or LB's. I also thought QB and Wide were talented time-bombs waiting to happen and they needed to be someone else's problem.

So there was NO team core when Shanny was let go. Anyone with any sense would project a complete rebuild forced by years of bad personnell judgments, Bad drafts, and Bad free agency decisions, and bad coaching decisions over a period of years got us to the point where the franchise was falling apart.

McDaniels can be fairly faulted for not taking advantage of a group of high draft picks he inherited or created with the Cutler trade. Disappointing production so far from those draftees. But the starting point in understanding how we got as bad as we are starts and ends with Shanahan. Had he drafted as well as he coached, we would be in the superbowl year after year.

TheChamp24
09-14-2011, 08:03 AM
Bunch of lazy bums. Lower left and upper right would be your AFC Champion Broncos from 86 & 89.

I guess one player can make a difference.

You honestly expected people to look up past years of Broncos offense? lolol
NI NI NI NI

This keeps getting repeated and it is wrong. When McDaniels took over, we had an OL comprised of Ryan Clady, Chris Kuper and . . . It was in very bad shape. Similarly, I don't expect even the Shanny hounds would contend his DL was anything less than a disaster, or for that matter the safeties or LB's. I also thought QB and Wide were talented time-bombs waiting to happen and they needed to be someone else's problem.

So there was NO team core when Shanny was let go. Anyone with any sense would project a complete rebuild forced by years of bad personnell judgments, Bad drafts, and Bad free agency decisions, and bad coaching decisions over a period of years got us to the point where the franchise was falling apart.

McDaniels can be fairly faulted for not taking advantage of a group of high draft picks he inherited or created with the Cutler trade. Disappointing production so far from those draftees. But the starting point in understanding how we got as bad as we are starts and ends with Shanahan. Had he drafted as well as he coached, we would be in the superbowl year after year.

When Shanahan left, he left with IMO these positions "locked" down for years, barring injuries:
QB - Cutler
RB/FB(pick one) - Hillis
WR - Marshall
WR - Royal
TE - Scheffler
OT - Clady
OT - Harris
OG - Kuper

DE - Dumervil
LB - DJ Williams
CB - Champ Bailey

K - Prater

Plus Weigmann, our center, was coming off a Pro Bowl year.
That is 8 offensive players that were looking to be core of the team for years. That, to me, is having a good core to build on for the future. The defense was a train wreck and needed heavy investment from the draft/free agency.

bendog
09-14-2011, 08:17 AM
That's an interesting set of stats. I figured you threw in a ringer kind of team that played on turf and didn't run much, like Indy. But, when elway said you can't win a championship not making plays from the pocket, he may have know what he was talking about. I wish Sammy Winder the best, but I don't miss those second and 8's.

Sir_Robin
09-14-2011, 11:01 AM
That's an interesting set of stats. I figured you threw in a ringer kind of team that played on turf and didn't run much, like Indy. But, when elway said you can't win a championship not making plays from the pocket, he may have know what he was talking about. I wish Sammy Winder the best, but I don't miss those second and 8's.

It was Elway's comments that got me thinking and looking up some stats. Elway became famous by what he did outside of the pocket. It surprises me that he's making such comments knowing his history. He made it to several championships with average talent surrounding him.

OABB
09-14-2011, 11:02 AM
I thought we were just going to blame Knowshon. no?

bendog
09-14-2011, 11:23 AM
It was Elway's comments that got me thinking and looking up some stats. Elway became famous by what he did outside of the pocket. It surprises me that he's making such comments knowing his history. He made it to several championships with average talent surrounding him.

Why is it surprising? Elway wants to win another championship, and he knows Tebow cannot be his qb unless he can play in the pocket .... and outside it too, most likely. He literally said that as good as he was, he could only win if the team was good enough for him to not have to consistently freelance on 3rd down. (and when he did win, his body wouldn't let him freelance consistently. a helicopter here, a roll out and deep pass there)

gunns
09-14-2011, 11:24 AM

Gee, ya think?

gunns
09-14-2011, 11:30 AM

Are you kidding me? Let me see if I'm understanding you....Elways fame comes from what he did outside the pocket and getting to several championships with average talent was because of what he did outside the pocket. Is that right? If so, PLEASE. The things outside the pocket were highlights to a great career INSIDE THE POCKET, the times where you laughed and high fived, instead of just "Damn" and a high five. That stuff outside the pocket took him from a level with Montana, Unitas, the elite, to a higher level because he could. Don't EVER besmirch his play again.

Just messin with ya. :)

Kind of

broncosteven
09-14-2011, 11:45 AM
I thought we were just going to blame Knowshon. no?

I was thinking during the game that KM is a poor man's Steve Sewell

Sir_Robin
09-14-2011, 04:08 PM
Are you kidding me? Let me see if I'm understanding you....Elways fame comes from what he did outside the pocket and getting to several championships with average talent was because of what he did outside the pocket. Is that right? If so, PLEASE. The things outside the pocket were highlights to a great career INSIDE THE POCKET, the times where you laughed and high fived, instead of just "Damn" and a high five. That stuff outside the pocket took him from a level with Montana, Unitas, the elite, to a higher level because he could. Don't EVER besmirch his play again.

Just messin with ya. :)

Kind of

I wouldn't be a Broncos fan if it weren't for Elway and his mesmerizing career. I would never besmirch his play. :)

I also agree that being a pocket passer, and having a pocket to pass from, are significant elements to winning a championship. We don't have a line that can do that yet. It only makes sense to me to go with a guy who can make things happen on the fly. He can learn pocket play as the team learns to form a pocket.

Maybe I'm just crazy though. I'm okay with that. :)

OABB
09-14-2011, 04:28 PM
I was thinking during the game that KM is a poor man's Steve Sewell

I was thinking our oline was a poor man's texans expansion year oline.