PDA

View Full Version : Julius Thomas ?

Quoydogs
09-13-2011, 10:40 AM
So what happened to him ?? zero yards ?? I really thought he looked great in preseason and was going to continue to be a Redzone threat. I am sadly disappointed.

Ray Finkle
09-13-2011, 10:42 AM
he's a rookie.....he was open on a few ducks that Orton threw.

jhns
09-13-2011, 10:45 AM
So what happened to him ?? zero yards ?? I really thought he looked great in preseason and was going to continue to be a Redzone threat. I am sadly disappointed.

He had a nice catch called back by a penalty but I didn't see him much after that. He us a rookie though.

TheReverend
09-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Fox won't play you unless you're old and bad.

Chris
09-13-2011, 10:48 AM
Basically what happens is you need a quarterback to throw passes and we don't have one of those.

WABronco
09-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Dudes a bust...hype a 3rd day pick lolz.

Paul Finebaum PWNS!
09-13-2011, 10:51 AM
With the probability that Lloyd doesn't play this Sunday, I expect to see a whole lot more of him and Eric Decker.

Kaylore
09-13-2011, 10:52 AM

A bit hyperbolic, but this is essentially true. Fox favors vets. Reminds me of a less superstitious/quirky George Allen.

TonyR
09-13-2011, 10:59 AM
A bit hyperbolic, but this is essentially true. Fox favors vets.

We did start at least 3 rookies.

Dedhed
09-13-2011, 11:00 AM
I'm not worried about Thomas.

TheReverend
09-13-2011, 11:01 AM
We did start at least 3 rookies.

In favor of...? Ha!

And our #2 overall pick hit the bench in the fourth for Haggan, so that's cool too.

swaiy
09-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Hard to be a threat when Orton is only throwing to one receiver half the damn game.

broncosteven
09-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Orton under threw him on at least one play he was wide open, I saw him in the slot and knew they were going to him so I watched him and he did a good job of finding the soft part of the zone. Orton had decent time but still managed to skip it off the ground. I think the next play or 2 he threw the INT.

DB-Freak
09-13-2011, 03:09 PM
He was wide open for a possible TD during Orton's Phantom fumble.

DB-Freak
09-13-2011, 03:12 PM
Nvm it was Fells I think.

vbplaya
09-13-2011, 03:32 PM
Hard to be a threat when Orton is only throwing to one receiver half the damn game.

I'm sorry but where are you getting your information? Orton moved the ball around a lot last night. He hardly ever got back and threw to the primary receiver ... he was continually having to go to the second and third options. Sure he targeted Lloyd 11 times but there were 4 others who were targeted 5 or more times. Overall he was targeted just under 1/4 of the time ... as your star receiver ... I don't see a problem with that. Other teams do that quite frequently ... Hell, Vick targeted his star receiver Desean Jackson 12 times and only had one other player on the team who was looked at more than 3 times.

As for Orton ... he didn't do great ... but he definitely wasn't the cause of it all. I am not sure why we aren't seeing anything about how poorly our offensive line ... BUT HEY ... IT'S EASIER TO JUST BLAME THE QB.

Tombstone RJ
09-13-2011, 03:40 PM
I'm sorry but where are you getting your information? Orton moved the ball around a lot last night. He hardly ever got back and threw to the primary receiver ... he was continually having to go to the second and third options. Sure he targeted Lloyd 11 times but there were 4 others who were targeted 5 or more times. Overall he was targeted just under 1/4 of the time ... as your star receiver ... I don't see a problem with that. Other teams do that quite frequently ... Hell, Vick targeted his star receiver Desean Jackson 12 times and only had one other player on the team who was looked at more than 3 times.

As for Orton ... he didn't do great ... but he definitely wasn't the cause of it all. I am not sure why we aren't seeing anything about how poorly our offensive line ... BUT HEY ... IT'S EASIER TO JUST BLAME THE QB.

you're right, there's plenty of blame to go around...

http://i51.tinypic.com/2uy4v0w.gif

broncosteven
09-13-2011, 04:02 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/2uy4v0w.gif

Maybe Jesus is just mad that Timbo isn't starting?

Simple Jake
09-13-2011, 04:03 PM

Kyle orton ?

Simple Jake
09-13-2011, 04:05 PM

Wow

DENVERDUI55
09-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Haven't you learned from the Madise, Devoe, Watts and the rest of scrub camp hype over past few years?

Simple Jake
09-13-2011, 04:16 PM

You can go on all day about him moving the ball around.. but he didn't make the plays when he needed to.. horrible throw on the INT when he had lloyd for a TD.. dropping the ball when Fells was open, probably for a touchdown, which I don't even like thinking about that play.. and didn't see mcgahee running on a slant, right in front of him, open in the endzone, and ran into a sack.. orton can get all the yards in the world but until he makes the plays needed to win the game, we will get the same result every Sunday.. also him constantly putting our D on the field like he did made our defense look alot worse than it actually was.. ill admit the oline didn't open up any holes for our runners all night and that made it tougher for him, but at some point he has to make these plays

Simple Jake
09-13-2011, 04:18 PM
Some of you guys on here are ridiculous.. calling our 2nd string tight end a bust after not totally breaking out in his first career game.. wow

maher_tyler
09-13-2011, 04:38 PM
You can go on all day about him moving the ball around.. but he didn't make the plays when he needed to.. horrible throw on the INT when he had lloyd for a TD.. dropping the ball when Fells was open, probably for a touchdown, which I don't even like thinking about that play.. and didn't see mcgahee running on a slant, right in front of him, open in the endzone, and ran into a sack.. orton can get all the yards in the world but until he makes the plays needed to win the game, we will get the same result every Sunday.. also him constantly putting our D on the field like he did made our defense look alot worse than it actually was.. ill admit the oline didn't open up any holes for our runners all night and that made it tougher for him, but at some point he has to make these plays

Obviously the dline and olines were terrible..but that fumble and INT gave Oakland 10 points directly because of Orton. Fells was wide open when he fumbled and would have been a TD or in the least put us inside the 5, either going up by 4 or tying the game. Instead Oak drives down for a TD making it a 10 point game. Everyone knew the game was over at that point because we have a no talent ass clown as our QB!

vbplaya
09-13-2011, 05:04 PM
Obviously the dline and olines were terrible..but that fumble and INT gave Oakland 10 points directly because of Orton. Fells was wide open when he fumbled and would have been a TD or in the least put us inside the 5, either going up by 4 or tying the game. Instead Oak drives down for a TD making it a 10 point game. Everyone knew the game was over at that point because we have a no talent ass clown as our QB!

The fumble and the INT gave Oakland 10 points directly? So the fumble was at the 35 and the INT was at the 25 on Oaklands side of the field and the defense didn't have anything to do with preventing those 10 points?

Do you realize that the defense couldn't stop the Raiders from scoring on any of the Broncos turn overs (including the ones that weren't Orton's fault)? Thats right ... Moreno's fumble, Orton's INT and a missed FG attempt ... the Raiders drove down for a FG ... and after Orton's fumble and the blocked punt the Raiders drove down for TDs. ALL of the Raiders points came off of turnovers ... not just Orton's turnovers ... ALL OF THEM.

I'm not saying I'm blaming the defense because I really think the main issue last night was the O-line ... but the D still needs some work. They let the Raiders drive 65 yards after that fumble in essentially 2 plays and when they needed a stop in the closing minutes of the game ... they allowed 3 first downs and couldn't stop them even when they knew the run was coming.

ColoradoDarin
09-13-2011, 07:45 PM
If Thomas put himself in the right spot, such as sitting 5-7 yards behind Orton at the snap and waiting for the ball to slip, then he'd get his opportunities. Bust!

montrose
09-13-2011, 07:52 PM
Was he even targeted? Orton's got worse google eyes for Lloyd than Jay did for BMarsh.

campocorto
01-04-2012, 12:57 PM
What happened to Julius Thomas after the Oakland game?

He got open a few times down near the red zone in Oakland but Tebow was unable to hit him for a completion. Since then, he has been inactive even though he could be a matchup problem for defenses in the passing game.

Is his run blocking that porous?

yerner
01-04-2012, 01:03 PM
What happened to Julius Thomas after the Oakland game?

He got open a few times down near the red zone in Oakland but Tebow was unable to hit him for a completion. Since then, he has been inactive even though he could be a matchup problem for defenses in the passing game.

Is his run blocking that porous?

Must be. It's too bad. It's exactly the kind of guy that could help out Tebow.

TonyR
01-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Forget Julius Thomas, what happened to Montrose? Driven away by the Tebonites?

vonqkilla
01-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Still has bad ankle. Not a bust.

broncocalijohn
01-04-2012, 01:24 PM

Thomas or Montrose?

vonqkilla
01-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Thomas or Montrose?

Jt

campocorto
01-04-2012, 01:34 PM

Why hasn't he been listed on the injury report?

Steve Prefontaine
01-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Jt

So your calling Montrose a bust? That's ****ed up.

:)

vonqkilla
01-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Why hasn't he been listed on the injury report?

He could play, he's practicing, but ankle still not good enuf, vets established themselves.

bowtown
01-04-2012, 01:53 PM

Once upon a time we had another coach that pretty much went with the same philosophy, These days he can be seen in our nation's capital, keeping a young Helu on the bench for a majority of the season, in favor of an oft injured Sun Devil vet.

oubronco
01-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Rosario isn't playing bad he's like everyone else when you don't pull the trigger noone gets the ball

Houshyamama
01-04-2012, 03:01 PM
In favor of...? Ha!

Marquand Manuel.

Vine
01-04-2012, 03:21 PM

John Fox

Chris
01-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Jt

http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/images/photos/justin-timberlake-strange-faces.jpg

Hamrob
01-04-2012, 04:22 PM
So what happened to him ?? zero yards ?? I really thought he looked great in preseason and was going to continue to be a Redzone threat. I am sadly disappointed.Fox goes double tight the entire game...utilizing Fells and Clark as blockers. We rarely use the TE anymore in the passing game. When you only throw the ball 10-15x a game...there's not a lot of balls to go around.

I said this in the offseason.....Tim Tebow's best friend should be a Stud TE. Can you imagine Romo without Witten?

~Crash~
01-04-2012, 05:29 PM

A ....no he is a guy that showed some promise and then got a High ankle Spring that red shirted him .get a ****ing clue.

KevinJames
01-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Wow this forum has become full of idiots what happened.

Hes not a bust he can't be a bust if we haven't seen him play in games, he has issues blocking we knew this when we drafted him he has to improve that if he wants to get on the field, that said he isn't playing right now because he doesn't fit into this offense he is a pass catching TE and right now our team is focusing on the running game primarily.

We cannot judge Thomas long term until he gets on the field and in an offense that actually passes.

McDman
01-04-2012, 05:43 PM
Is Baja dead?