PDA

View Full Version : So the offense scored ten points on their own.

Kaylore
09-13-2011, 01:14 AM
One nice thing about Montrose's season ticket seats is they are in the nose-bleed north endzone. This means you basically get game tape vision to watch plays develop.

Our offense really sucked, but I don't think you realize how badly.

Think about this. The first field goal was a gift from the defense.

The TD was a special teams play.

That means the our offense scored ten points that they "earned" which is debatable since the yellow flag was our offensive MVP.

The Offensive line played like ass. Kuper played bad. Beadles was barely functional, Walton and Franklin were beat up. Bad offensive line play. They couldn't move the Raiders front to save their life.

The Receivers played like butt too. They dropped a lot of passes and didn't do much to help Orton.

Which leads me to the QB. It honestly reminded me of Plummer his last year when he stopped caring about football and just played like crap. It was borderline Quinn bad. He took sacks at the worst times and for those that say "it's on the oline" it is partially but not up the middle. Throw that crap away. His lack of mobility makes him the easiest man to sack since Drew Bledsoe. And he's the anti-clutch QB.

Orton will never capitalize on an opportunity. We give them the ball on their ten. Field goal. Knowshown makes a great catch down on the five. Orton Takes a sack and then field goal. We're in field goal range and run a play that will probably go for a touchdown. Orton fumbles the damn ball just because he can't help himself. No one is even there. He just gives the ball to the Raiders. And there were so many reads he missed. He doesn't even look to the left side of the field. It's like he doesn't have a progression to work through and doesn't give his receivers a chance.

He's terrible. Our whole offense is, but he's a major part of it.

/end rant. Have to go to work in three hours.

Doggcow
09-13-2011, 01:17 AM
Orton ****ting it in the redzone. Weird.

Tebow scores TD's in the redzone. Just sayin.

vonqkilla
09-13-2011, 01:18 AM
Satuday, my son tried to go HAM on this te he had lined up with a ten yard start, but went high, knocked himself unconscious, and is out for the year. Really scary, ambulance, hospital, just the worst thing you can experience pretty much.

But I got the hookups on tix, and am sitting behind the Larsens at Mile High, great family. And then I get treated to 4 qtrs of Kyle Orton taking sacks, throwing balls into the stands, fumbling, no blocking, no catching, no tackling.
And no Tebow in the redzone.
How could losing to oakland be worse?

We give up the record tying fg to seabass!!! Insult to injury. Horrible game, but I still had fun, and met a pop star.

Football gods hate me now.

It was funny how KO caught fire once Tebow chants got serious, we need tebow chants all game.

Archer81
09-13-2011, 01:19 AM
One of those FG's is a TD and the entire game is different.

:Broncos:

DB-Freak
09-13-2011, 01:22 AM
God I feel sick just thinking about Orton's play....

KO5K
09-13-2011, 01:22 AM
Only 7 really.

The second FG was pretty much down to Raider penalties keeping the drive alive.

TheReverend
09-13-2011, 01:26 AM
One nice thing about Montrose's season ticket seats is they are in the nose-bleed north endzone. This means you basically get game tape vision to watch plays develop.

That means the our offense scored ten points that they "earned" which is debatable since the yellow flag was our offensive MVP.

The Offensive line played like ass. Kuper played bad. Beadles was barely functional, Walton and Franklin were beat up. Bad offensive line play. They couldn't move the Raiders front to save their life.

The Receivers played like butt too. They dropped a lot of passes and didn't do much to help Orton.

Which leads me to the QB. It honestly reminded me of Plummer his last year when he stopped caring about football and just played like crap. It was borderline Quinn bad. He took sacks at the worst times and for those that say "it's on the oline" it is partially but not up the middle. Throw that crap away. His lack of mobility makes him the easiest man to sack since Drew Bledsoe. And he's the anti-clutch QB.

Orton will never capitalize on an opportunity. We give them the ball on their ten. Field goal. Knowshown makes a great catch down on the five. Orton Takes a sack and then field goal. We're in field goal range and run a play that will probably go for a touchdown. Orton fumbles the damn ball just because he can't help himself. No one is even there. He just gives the ball to the Raiders. And there were so many reads he missed. He doesn't even look to the left side of the field. It's like he doesn't have a progression to work through and doesn't give his receivers a chance.

2 years too late, but welcome to being right.

broncocalijohn
09-13-2011, 01:26 AM
Kaylore just spat on his lover, Kuper! I believe Kupes had 3 holding calls. The O line was over matched. Only one that I didnt hear too much on was Clady so that is normally a good sign.

TheReverend
09-13-2011, 01:27 AM
Kaylore just spat on his lover, Kuper! I believe Kupes had 3 holding calls. The O line was over matched. Only one that I didnt hear too much on was Clady so that is normally a good sign.

I heard you can fit 3 state fair award winning cucumbers up your ass, but I said they're wrong and you can do 5.

Prove em wrong!

Cito Pelon
09-13-2011, 01:40 AM

Nice rant.

Agamemnon
09-13-2011, 01:43 AM

Weren't you one of the people supporting the decision to have Orton be our starter? Quite a 180 you did right there...

TheReverend
09-13-2011, 01:44 AM
Weren't you one of the people supporting the decision to have Orton be our starter? Quite a 180 you did right there...

Seeing Orton "play football" has a tendency to do that.

Cito Pelon
09-13-2011, 01:45 AM
I heard you can fit 3 state fair award winning cucumbers up your ass, but I said they're wrong and you can do 5.

Prove em wrong!

Dude, that's just evil. I thought you said in the chat room you were teqila'd out.

Agamemnon
09-13-2011, 01:45 AM
Seeing Orton "play football" has a tendency to do that.

Was he wearing a blindfold the last two seasons? :rofl:

broncocalijohn
09-13-2011, 01:47 AM
Rev, u going to follow me around like a stalker and drunk post in every thread? I am sure the OPs would rather have you sleep off your binger than act like a teenager playing on the computer while the parents are sleeping. ****ting on threads is weak.

Dude, that's just evil. I thought you said in the chat room you were teqila'd out.

That would explain part of it.

TheReverend
09-13-2011, 01:50 AM
Rev, u going to follow me around like a stalker and drunk post in every thread? I am sure the OPs would rather have you sleep off your binger than act like a teenager playing on the computer while the parents are sleeping. ****ting on threads is weak.

That would explain part of it.

...Then you should leave the site?

fontaine
09-13-2011, 02:47 AM
I don't blame Kaylore for changing his mind.

There was a time last year early in the season when Orton was playing out of his mind with no running game and even worse OL play, or when Orton came in against the 'Skins with a busted ankle when Simms was badly pissing away his career.

Orton was still an immobile, limited guy but THAT QB played his heart out for the team, putting his body on the line.

This Orton is just going through the motions, pissed off about not being wanted in Denver and like Kaylore said just doesn't give a crap win, lose or fumble.

Send the kid in, at least he'll play like his life depends on it. It's not about talent, proper footwork, mechanics and all that stuff now. It's simply about playing for the team, instead of just playing for a paycheck.

Doggcow
09-13-2011, 02:50 AM
Orton woulda scored 50

tsiguy96
09-13-2011, 03:16 AM
clady might have been offensive MVP. he absolutely stonewalled his guys it appeared.

Durango
09-13-2011, 04:53 AM

There was a time last year early in the season when Orton was playing out of his mind with no running game and even worse OL play, or when Orton came in against the 'Skins with a busted ankle when Simms was badly pissing away his career.

Orton was still an immobile, limited guy but THAT QB played his heart out for the team, putting his body on the line.

This Orton is just going through the motions, pissed off about not being wanted in Denver and like Kaylore said just doesn't give a crap win, lose or fumble.

Send the kid in, at least he'll play like his life depends on it. It's not about talent, proper footwork, mechanics and all that stuff now. It's simply about playing for the team, instead of just playing for a paycheck.

This, and I have been an Orton supporter. Watching that f**kfest last night was excruciatingly painful.

At the very least, why can't Fox design some packages for the Tebow, specifically red zone packages. Lord knows, he couldn't do any worse.

go_broncos
09-13-2011, 05:23 AM

Regarding Orton, everyone knew it..We are witnessing the same **** for the past 2 years.
Just put Tebow in.If he doesn't play well, draft a QB.
It's simple..Not sure why the hell Fox and Elway are making it complicated.
I couldn't sleep the entire night because of the dumb ass Orton.

Shananahan
09-13-2011, 05:47 AM
clady might have been offensive MVP. he absolutely stonewalled his guys it appeared.
Why would you make something like this up?

The entire line played horrible. Clady never stood out, and was seen floundering for and even holding his man on numerous occasions.

BroncoInferno
09-13-2011, 05:55 AM
I'm starting to worry that the All-Pro caliber Clady of 2008-2009 is gone forever. I hope I'm wrong.

Ray Finkle
09-13-2011, 06:01 AM
I'm starting to worry that the All-Pro caliber Clady of 2008-2009 is gone forever. I hope I'm wrong.

give him a QB without cinderblock feet and you'll see the Clady of old.

WolfpackGuy
09-13-2011, 06:02 AM
It's not going to hurt anything to put Teboz in.

The problem isn't Orton, just as long as you keep telling yourselves that...

swaiy
09-13-2011, 06:04 AM
I'm still sick over that fumble. If Orton holds his kid anything like that football... God have mercy.

jhns
09-13-2011, 06:05 AM
Funny, Orton does the same thing for two years and a ton of you argue that he is some polished starter... You guys cant be watching the games... I'm sure you'll be right about something, someday.

robbieopperude
09-13-2011, 06:11 AM
There DL was a tough matchup for our OL. I think I counted about 5 or 6 times where Orton could have ran for 5 to 10 yards and instead stood in the pocket and made throws or was sacked by Seymour. Tebow turns at least 3 of those into first downs and I would guess that none would be sacks. The stunt they ran in the 4th was well designed. Nothing you can do there when you have a guy back there with zero evasiveness.

Drek
09-13-2011, 06:30 AM
There DL was a tough matchup for our OL. I think I counted about 5 or 6 times where Orton could have ran for 5 to 10 yards and instead stood in the pocket and made throws or was sacked by Seymour. Tebow turns at least 3 of those into first downs and I would guess that none would be sacks. The stunt they ran in the 4th was well designed. Nothing you can do there when you have a guy back there with zero evasiveness.

Orton made the line look WAY worse tonight. Just standing like a deer in headlights patting the ball or when he finally did try to move basically running into a sack.

One of the sacks Seymour got on Beadles was directly a result of Orton running right to them. He could've gone to Beadles' right and had a massive hole. Instead he tries to roll left and bounces off Beadles' back, well within Seymour's reach.

Oakland didn't respect the pass so they just pinned back and came after us to prevent the run and pressure Orton. They ran two different safeties on blitzes in back to back plays, Orton ended up tossing the ball away on both.

McDaniels carried Orton's ass, programming his reads into him all week before the game. Without McDaniels Orton can't read a defense either before or after the snap. He just pats the ball and hopes for someone to come wide open within his line of sight. If that doesn't happen he chucks it to Lloyd, turfs it, or takes a sack.

Old Dude
09-13-2011, 06:38 AM
Just one question. How badly was Dumervil hurt? He left favoring a shoulder early in the game, but then returned only in limited situations and did not seem effective.

Please don't tell me he's going on IR again.

Kaylore
09-13-2011, 06:41 AM

Exactly. Orton had a bad game. Some might say "can't he have a bad game?"

In our home opener? Against the Raiders? On MNF? Most players get up for this game. Not Orton. I can't tell you how angry I still am about that fumble. That fumble lost us the game and it was just him completely sucking on a play when we got exactly what we wanted and would have got a TD. No pressure, TE wide open ready to take the lead and he literally drops the ball.

By the way, losing to the Raiders will always turn me off to a player, coaching staff, QB and the Broncos in general. Pretty much everyone's on my crap list right now.

TonyR
09-13-2011, 06:52 AM
Orton made the line look WAY worse tonight.

Meh. I don't know what some of you are watching. I think you have it exactly backward. Orton isn't very good but that O-line is awful. The pocket collapses quickly on nearly every play and they barely give the RB's a chance to get out of the backfield. I'm done with Orton but at the same time if he had any semblance of a running game and a little better protection we wouldn't even be talking about him.

Drek
09-13-2011, 06:59 AM
Meh. I don't know what some of you are watching. I think you have it exactly backward. Orton isn't very good but that O-line is awful. The pocket collapses quickly on nearly every play and they barely give the RB's a chance to get out of the backfield. I'm done with Orton but at the same time if he had any semblance of a running game and a little better protection we wouldn't even be talking about him.

How can you run when the raiders are sending 7 or 8 guys on nearly every play?

The raiders had no respect for Orton's ability to read their D and find an open man so they stacked the box and attacked the OL with more men than we could block time and time again. McCoy did them some favors by basically never trying to run out of bigger sets either.

But ultimately it happens because the raiders don't respect Orton's ability to beat them. And why would they? The OL wasn't horrible in pass pro tonight, Orton just held onto the ball way too damn long and even when they gave him five seconds he just lobbed it out of bounds. He can't make challenging throws, he's unwilling to even try them, and he can't read a defense.

The raiders ran back to back safety blitzes on 2nd and 3rd down one drive. Both times the safety was jumping pre-snap, obviously coming on the blitz. Both times Orton stood right in the face of it and chucked the ball out of bounds. NFL level QBs read that blitz and either get a back in to pick it up or identify a quick read left open by the blitzing DB. Orton did neither. He watched the guy come unblocked and lobbed the football away like a bitch.

Kyle Orton made the Broncos offense look like dog **** all night and it wasn't even because he's nonathletic and has **** accuracy. It was because he simply can't read a ****ing defense without McDaniels breaking it all down for him and carrying his water.

jhns
09-13-2011, 07:02 AM

That is complete crap. They were bad in the run game but Orton had pockets to pass from. Ortonites love the excuses though.

Kaylore
09-13-2011, 07:05 AM
No, I'm an offensive line apologist and they didn't have a good game. That said, I saw the entire field. I basically saw every alignment every snap and Drek's right. They stacked the box and blitzed their safeties up the middle every play. They dared Orton to beat us and he obliged. Not saying the line can't or doesn't need to play better because they obviously do. He had time though.

Also taking a sack on a blitz up the middle is bogus. You need to get rid of the ball. Blind side sacks happen. Orton sacks himself.

jhns
09-13-2011, 07:11 AM
Also, you girls say I should get off the McFan thing but guess what every Orton defender has in common with McFans... Tyats right, every Orton defender happens to have also been a McFan. You would think that yoy wouod learn to think for yourself after looking like an idiot over and over again.

WolfpackGuy
09-13-2011, 07:13 AM
No, I'm an offensive line apologist and they didn't have a good game. That said, I saw the entire field. I basically saw every alignment every snap and Drek's right. They stacked the box and blitzed their safeties up the middle every play. They dared Orton to beat us and he obliged. Not saying the line can't or doesn't need to play better because they obviously do. He had time though.

Also taking a sack on a blitz up the middle is bogus. You need to get rid of the ball. Blind side sacks happen. Orton sacks himself.

Yup.

After 2+ seasons, I can't believe it's not painfully obvious.

Some people just see what they want to see, I guess.

TonyR
09-13-2011, 07:13 AM
Ortonites love the excuses though.

I'm not an "Ortonine" and I'm not making excuses for him. I'd rather have Tebow in there. But I saw an offensive line that got manhandled on nearly every play by a pretty good Oakland front 7. Orton is very limited and he needs some help, just as any QB does. Denver doesn't have the players to help him. Outside of maybe Lloyd the players on that offense are average or worse. It's easy to single out the QB for all the blame since it's the most important position on the field but it's not quite that simple unfortunately. We're not going to be any better with Tebow in there, but like I said may as well give it a shot.

jhns
09-13-2011, 07:17 AM
I'm not an "Ortonine" and I'm not making excuses for him. I'd rather have Tebow in there. But I saw an offensive line that got manhandled on nearly every play by a pretty good Oakland front 7. Orton is very limited and he needs some help, just as any QB does. Denver doesn't have the players to help him. Outside of maybe Lloyd the players on that offense are average or worse. It's easy to single out the QB for all the blame since it's the most important position on the field but it's not quite that simple unfortunately. We're not going to be any better with Tebow in there, but like I said may as well give it a shot.

You are makinv excuses because the pass blocking was there. The run game doesn't help Orton but Orton doesn't help this offense. You say Tebow won't be better and I say he was much better in the exact same situation last season.

BroncosSR
09-13-2011, 07:18 AM
I'm hoping that Orton brings us Luck.

rmsanger
09-13-2011, 07:19 AM
gonna be a long year, get used to it gentlemen!

TonyR
09-13-2011, 07:20 AM
You are makinv excuses because the pass blocking was there. The run game doesn't help Orton but Orton doesn't help this offense. You say Tebow won't be better and I say he was much better in the exact same situation last season.

I'm all for putting Tebow in there and finding out. There's nothing to lose at this point. I just think a lot of you are overlooking how terrible our offensive line is, and how low the overall level of talent is. You're all so busy hating Orton that you're not noticing all the other problems. Personally Orton was pretty much what I expected. I was more disappointed because I expected to see improvement from the O-line and Moreno/running game and didn't see it. The disparity between McFadden and Moreno was jarring.

McDman
09-13-2011, 07:22 AM
On the plus side, Jason Hunter looked pretty good...

Raider Bill
09-13-2011, 07:23 AM
If Tebow can play QB at all, his athleticism gives you another dimension and makes someone at least account for him... teams can just tee off on Orton because he's a statue.

TheReverend
09-13-2011, 07:23 AM
We're not going to be any better with Tebow in there, but like I said may as well give it a shot.

What? We win that game EASY with Tebow.

Easy.

jhns
09-13-2011, 07:24 AM
I'm all for putting Tebow in there and finding out. There's nothing to lose at this point. I just think a lot of you are overlooking how terrible our offensive line is, and how low the overall level of talent is. You're all so busy hating Orton that you're not noticing all the other problems. Personally Orton was pretty much what I expected. I was more disappointed because I expected to see improvement from the O-line and Moreno/running game and didn't see it. The disparity between McFadden and Moreno was jarring.

I agree with everything you are saying. Most of the offense needs rebuilt, or at least coached. We hound on Orton because everyone agrees about the rest of the offense, while some still claim Orton isn't part of the problem(granted, that may stop now).

WolfpackGuy
09-13-2011, 07:25 AM
Being able to crash down the edges without regard for the QB moving is a big advantage for the defense against the run and pass.

And it's not like Orton made them pay when he DID get decent protection.

TonyR
09-13-2011, 07:27 AM

Easy.

I hope you're right and that Elway/Fox/McCoy/etc. see this as well and do something about it. I'm just not as sure as you are about it. But I'm hoping we get to find out.

Ray Finkle
09-13-2011, 07:28 AM

Easy.

I wouldn't go that far. Does he make a play or two with his feet? yes but the entire team ate the **** plate last night.

TheChamp24
09-13-2011, 07:28 AM
Shoot I remember watching one play in the 4th quarter and the Raiders had 10 guys at the line of scrimmage. How is that not saying "We dare you to throw it because we know you can't".
I saw several blitzes by the Raiders where we had a guy open and either Orton didn't see him or couldn't even come close to completing it. Yes, the OL wasn't too great, but Orton wasn't either. Some of those sacks shouldn't have been sacks, as in when Orton got sacked by Seymour in the red zone. Yeah, just walk right into Seymour Orton, good job.
I just remember two plays, both I believe Eddie Royal was wide open on and Orton never saw him. One play we were on the 40ish yard line, Raiders did a safety blitz that Franklin whiffed on, but Orton had Royal on a slant/seam route open. Instead he just chucks it to the right sideline out of bounds.
Then our first opportunity in the red zone, he has Royal on a slant, and instead he overthrows Thomas in tight coverage.

I really was expecting to see Tebow in for a couple plays. He can provide a unique look and last year showed, he could be pretty effective coming in. I thought a perfect opportunity was the drive after Moreno caught the ball and took it to the 6 yard line. 1st down was a 1 yard run by McGahee. I thought "Man, put Tebow in for this play and see what happens". Nope, and an incomplete pass and then Orton walks into a sack.

Also, wtf was with the defense. VonDoom was pretty much neutralized.

WolfpackGuy
09-13-2011, 07:30 AM
Shoot I remember watching one play in the 4th quarter and the Raiders had 10 guys at the line of scrimmage. How is that not saying "We dare you to throw it because we know you can't".
I saw several blitzes by the Raiders where we had a guy open and either Orton didn't see him or couldn't even come close to completing it. Yes, the OL wasn't too great, but Orton wasn't either. Some of those sacks shouldn't have been sacks, as in when Orton got sacked by Seymour in the red zone. Yeah, just walk right into Seymour Orton, good job.
I just remember two plays, both I believe Eddie Royal was wide open on and Orton never saw him. One play we were on the 40ish yard line, Raiders did a safety blitz that Franklin whiffed on, but Orton had Royal on a slant/seam route open. Instead he just chucks it to the right sideline out of bounds.
Then our first opportunity in the red zone, he has Royal on a slant, and instead he overthrows Thomas in tight coverage.

I really was expecting to see Tebow in for a couple plays. He can provide a unique look and last year showed, he could be pretty effective coming in. I thought a perfect opportunity was the drive after Moreno caught the ball and took it to the 6 yard line. 1st down was a 1 yard run by McGahee. I thought "Man, put Tebow in for this play and see what happens". Nope, and an incomplete pass and then Orton walks into a sack.

Also, wtf was with the defense. VonDoom was pretty much neutralized.

It took about 5 plays to realize they could just let the two zoom by and gash the vacated areas with a run or screen.

Kaylore
09-13-2011, 07:39 AM
It took about 5 plays to realize they could just let the two zoom by and gash the vacated areas with a run or screen.

You can't bring the heat if you can't create third and long. I knew doing well on first and second down was going to be a key to winning this game.

DarkHorse
09-13-2011, 07:46 AM

Whatever.

He gives us the best chance to win right now, don't you listen to the FO and the media?

DarkHorse
09-13-2011, 07:47 AM

Von Doom was neutralized in the 1st qtr when Dumervil was injured.

Broncoman13
09-13-2011, 07:52 AM
You can't bring the heat if you can't create third and long. I knew doing well on first and second down was going to be a key to winning this game.

We had several 3rd and long situations for our defense. Atleast a half dozen times the Raiders were in 3rd and 8 or greater. We actually did a decent job getting off the field in those situations. The draw play by McFadden was obviously the most frustrating play in those situations, but for the most part we were able to get off the field on 3rd downs. Raiders converted only 5 of 14 3rd down conversions. I think one of those was due to penalty. Decker had 5 punt returns which is plenty of opportunity created by the defense.

Kyle Orton is just incapable of making a defense pay in the redzone. He is incapable of making a defense pay for stacking the line, not with 8 but 9 or 10.

It is funny how most believe that KO gives us our best chance to win b/c he can make a progression, yet how many plays did he make that were a result of progressions? Watch the game again and just look at the play where McGahee dropped the ball as he was coming out of his break. Yeah, he was able to get a step on McClain... but look about 8 yards to McGahee's left. Fells was running over the middle with about a 3 yard step on his defender. Piss poor read by Orton which is the norm. Orton's best play of the night was the deep comeback to Decker. Guess what, Tebow can make that pass all night long as well as the 9 route. And he can avoid pressure.

At a bare minimum EFX need to put Tebow in when we get inside the redzone. I don't think you'd see the defense put 10 on the line and say "go ahead Tebow, try and beat us".

WolfpackGuy
09-13-2011, 07:56 AM
Von Doom was neutralized in the 1st qtr when Dumervil was injured.

Yeah, that too.

TheReverend
09-13-2011, 07:59 AM

Exactly what I was saying all off-season to now when talking about Miller. From a couple days ago:

I understand where you're coming from and hope you're right. But in some ways it can cost us forcing to scheme aggressively to utilize his strengths.

Time will tell. Let's hope for a several sack night and a score for him too.

Square peg and such. Insane athlete but let him be a LB first please, Allen. That way he's somewhat in the field of play on screens and draws.

fontaine
09-13-2011, 08:03 AM
I've haven't been posting this offseason but what the hell happened to the general football IQ of this board?

Every QB we've had from a limp shoulder Griese, to Plummer, now Orton that couldn't beat defenders (especially safeties) stacking the box by kicking them square in the nutsack over the top with intermediate+ passes caused the same damn thing to happend again and again, slowing down our run game and making our OL look like trash.

There's a reason why NO NFL GM/FO/Scout says gosh, I wish we could draft a weak armed QB that can't make intermediate throws, has limited mobility, can't escape pressure up the middle and makes stupid decisions in the red zone.

We've got that QB now. At least last year Orton could chuck it to Lloyd deep and sometimes make the defenses pay from stacking the box but last night he looked lost and clueless with McD.

Time for Tebow.

Broncoman13
09-13-2011, 08:12 AM
I've haven't been posting this offseason but what the hell happened to the general football IQ of this board?

Every QB we've had from a limp shoulder Griese, to Plummer, now Orton that couldn't beat defenders (especially safeties) stacking the box by kicking them square in the nutsack over the top with intermediate+ passes caused the same damn thing to happend again and again, slowing down our run game and making our OL look like trash.

There's a reason why NO NFL GM/FO/Scout says gosh, I wish we could draft a weak armed QB that can't make intermediate throws, has limited mobility, can't escape pressure up the middle and makes stupid decisions in the red zone.

We've got that QB now. At least last year Orton could chuck it to Lloyd deep and sometimes make the defenses pay from stacking the box but last night he looked lost and clueless with McD.

Time for Tebow.

QFT... McD was able to program Orton into being an almost adequate QB. Without McD Orton looks like a middle of the road back up. Dilfer probably saw a lot of himself in Orton. Same exact QB.

jhns
09-13-2011, 08:14 AM
QFT... McD was able to program Orton into being an almost adequate QB. Without McD Orton looks like a middle of the road back up. Dilfer probably saw a lot of himself in Orton. Same exact QB.

What? Orton is exactly the same. Just look at the results. They are exactly the same... McDaniels has this offensive genius title but we never had a good offense with him.

DarkHorse
09-13-2011, 08:16 AM
I'd really like to know if anyone has ever coached Orton on the fact that he's allowed to actually move left, right, forward when the rush is coming. Does he know how to slide out of the way of pressure? I did see him try it once last night - unfortunately he slid right into Seymour instead of throwing the TD to McGahee.

Hmm.

ColoradoDarin
09-13-2011, 08:20 AM
Wow, exactly what we saw last year during live games. Maybe for the rest of the year we can ask the other teams to play 7 on 7 and in shorts - Orton for MVP of that league!

We were subject to the "Orton goes through progressions, Tebow looks once and runs." Well, with the game last night, I'd take look once and run rather than look once and chuck it out of bounds, or look once and go fetal - which seem to be Orton's 2 main plays.

Is anyone, I mean ANYONE surprised by Orton's performance last night?

Tebow time.

TheDave
09-13-2011, 08:30 AM
When you trade Cutler, Marshall, Hillis, and Schefler for the likes of Walton, Beadles, Mr. Glass, Knowshon, and Orton/Tebow... Well, 10 pts sounds generous.

Add Shanny's dismal '07 & '08 drafts coupled with McD's brilliant FA acqusitions and we could easily be one of the least talented offenses in the league.

Strap in folks this "rebuild" could take a while.

WolfpackGuy
09-13-2011, 08:34 AM
I don't think they ran enough TE screens.

Dedhed
09-13-2011, 08:35 AM
But I saw an offensive line that got manhandled on nearly every play by a pretty good Oakland front 7.
That's exactly what Tebow had to overcome in every pre-season snap, and guess what? He did overcome it to the tune of a 108+ passer rating. Orton got better line play than Tebow's seen under this regime and drops a 71 passer rating for you Ortonites to try to explain away.

TheReverend
09-13-2011, 08:35 AM
When you trade Cutler, Marshall, Hillis, and Schefler for the likes of Walton, Beadles, Mr. Glass, Knowshon, and Orton/Tebow... Well, 10 pts sounds generous.

Add Shanny's dismal '07 & '08 drafts coupled with McD's brilliant FA acqusitions and we could easily be one of the least talented offenses in the league.

...what was wrong with 08?

Clady and Royal were beasts when someone knew how to use them.

Otherwise, Lichtensteiger, Hillis and Barrett are ALL starting.

5 starters (and that's not even counting Spencer Larsen) in one draft ain't "dismal", that's for sure.

TheReverend
09-13-2011, 08:36 AM
That's exactly what Tebow had to overcome in every pre-season snap, and guess what? He did overcome it to the tune of a 108+ passer rating. Orton got better line play than Tebow's seen under this regime and drops a 71 passer rating for you Ortonites to try to explain away.

Almost all of it was yet again in garbage time...

TheDave
09-13-2011, 08:40 AM
...what was wrong with 08?

Clady and Royal were beasts when someone knew how to use them.

Otherwise, Lichtensteiger, Hillis and Barrett are ALL starting.

5 starters (and that's not even counting Spencer Larsen) in one draft ain't "dismal", that's for sure.

Right now Clady and Royal still look nothing like they did their rookie years...

But you are right '08 was a decent draft. I completely forgot about Lichtensteiger and Barrett... that and I always put Hilis in 2006. Stupid.

TheChamp24
09-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Exactly what I was saying all off-season to now when talking about Miller. From a couple days ago:

Square peg and such. Insane athlete but let him be a LB first please, Allen. That way he's somewhat in the field of play on screens and draws.

And it frustrates me we took a LB at the #2 pick that apparently can be easily neutralized. I remember thinking we have to use him right in order to justify the pick, and blitz him from different spots creating havoc. What do we do? Have him rush off the edge like a DE.
He needs to get better at his other moves than just using speed.

fontaine
09-13-2011, 08:42 AM
I expect my QB, no matter how limited to put it all on the line against the silver and black.

Orton, not only failed doing that, he did so in such a completely meek, weak willed manner that I don't ever want to see him staining Orange and Blue again, even on the sidelines.

I wish him well as a person in the future, but Orton the player is pretty much dead to me.

Get the kid in there, at least he'll play with some heart.

vonqkilla
09-13-2011, 08:44 AM
I expect my QB, no matter how limited to put it all on the line against the silver and black.

Orton, not only failed doing that, he did so in such a completely meek, weak willed manner that I don't ever want to see him staining Orange and Blue again, even on the sidelines.

I wish him well as a person in the future, but Orton the player is pretty much dead to me.

Get the kid in there, at least he'll play with some heart.
Exactly.

Enough!!!!

TheReverend
09-13-2011, 08:48 AM
Right now Clady and Royal still look nothing like they did their rookie years...

But you are right '08 was a decent draft. I completely forgot about Lichtensteiger and Barrett... that and I always put Hilis in 2006. Stupid.

Of course they don't.

Clady has to block for Stone-Shoes-McGee who will actually shuffle in the pocket INTO whoever Clady is blocking or against 10 man fronts that say "Lol what pass?"

And Royal has to try and catch passes that are... well... silly Orton, receivers catch balls with hands, not feet!

Archer81
09-13-2011, 08:49 AM
Of course they don't.

Clady has to block for Stone-Shoes-McGee who will actually shuffle in the pocket INTO whoever Clady is blocking or against 10 man fronts that say "Lol what pass?"

And Royal has to try and catch passes that are... well... silly Orton, receivers catch balls with hands, not feet!

I thought Tebow was the only one to throw it at receiver's feet because of his flawed mechanics and fluky throwing motion...

TheDave
09-13-2011, 08:50 AM
Of course they don't.

Nah, I know you are joking around to a point but neither has regained their form from 2008 and it is more than just the QB.

Trust me the QB play is part of their suck... just not all of it.

24champ
09-13-2011, 08:55 AM

The only thing that will be going for a rebuild is this defense. I don't ever see the Broncos becoming an offensive power under Fox.

TheReverend
09-13-2011, 08:59 AM
Nah, I know you are joking around to a point but neither has regained their form from 2008 and it is more than just the QB.

Frankly, neither were as good as they looked.

Clady gave up a lot of hurries but Jay was good at shuffling.

Royal didn't get the separation he was credited with as a "sudden" WR and was thrown open a lot.

Other supporting cast members were better too. Having a vet like Hamilton next to Clady made inside moves easier to defend. Having Marshall across from Royal kept the field less crowded on his side.

And then there's scheme. ZBS was MUCH nicer for Clady and Shanahan designed plays for Royal.

****ing mess.

Broncoman13
09-13-2011, 09:04 AM

Cutler made both look a lot better. In fact, Cutler made Ryan Harris and Chris Kuper Pro-bowl caliber players. See, when a QB can move and actually make a play by sliding in the pocket it helps everyone look better. The sad thing is, you don't have to be an Elway like athlete to do this, Manning and Brady are not geat athletes and both can slide in the pocket.

Kuper and Beadles both played like shiat. Clady and Franklin barely average. Don't know if Tebow could have made them look better or not, but I am now certain that Kyle Orton isn't changing his stripes.

alkemical
09-13-2011, 09:05 AM
I'm just over it.

uplink
09-13-2011, 09:06 AM
I sure hope they play Tebow at least about 8 plays a game from now on. He is a talent if you put him in the gun and spread things out for the pass or QB run. We don't have a franchise QB, so why not play Tim a bit. Doesn't make sense.

They should be working in nate irving into the games, maybe a series a game so he gets experience.

TheDave
The only thing that will be going for a rebuild is this defense. I don't ever see the Broncos becoming an offensive power under Fox.

Maybe, maybe not... but thats goes to the bigger point.

Until we put some talent on this team we have no way of telling anyone what effect the coaches are having. We were literally man handeled at the point of attack. I have absolutely no idea how scheme or coaching adjusts to that.

Just as a side note, having watched both the Baltimore and NE games. It literally makes me sad to think of the distance between us and either of those squads.

alkemical
Josh McDaniels TROLLED the broncos:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDqjDDnoQTuwOGJ6y6Zcjl9HTZmUmy2 bDXs2NZdk-vxX9cejXP

Archer81
09-13-2011, 09:07 AM
I'm fairly certain the Broncos fanbase are akin to the abused animals in the ASPCA's commercials with Sarah McLauchlin's music in the backround.

alkemical
I sure hope they play Tebow at least about 8 plays a game from now on. He is a talent if you put him in the gun and spread things out for the pass or QB run. We don't have a franchise QB, so why not play Tim a bit. Doesn't make sense.

They should be working in nate irving into the games, maybe a series a game so he gets experience.

With the success in the first game the Panthers had with Cam operating out of the shotgun - I would rather the Broncos do this.

Kaylore
This goes back to the question of whether the Broncos have the offensive coaching staff to develop a QB - meaning even if they draft someone can they develop them. At least Fox is a coach known to bench QB's for bad play. McDaniels I guess was an all season guy where hell or high water he won't bench his starter. Fox will bench someone. Hopefully Orton either plays better or bad enough to see some real change.

alkemical
09-13-2011, 09:08 AM
I'm fairly certain the Broncos fanbase are akin to the abused animals in the ASPCA's commercials with Sarah McLauchlin's music in the backround.

Donkey Show

WolfpackGuy
09-13-2011, 09:08 AM
I'm really surprised Teboz didn't come out after the half.

Tombstone RJ
09-13-2011, 09:10 AM
it wasn't Orton, is was the rain. The Broncos just had no way to compensate for that rain last night.

PRBronco
Cutler made both look a lot better. In fact, Cutler made Ryan Harris and Chris Kuper Pro-bowl caliber players. See, when a QB can move and actually make a play by sliding in the pocket it helps everyone look better. The sad thing is, you don't have to be an Elway like athlete to do this, Manning and Brady are not geat athletes and both can slide in the pocket.

Kuper and Beadles both played like shiat. Clady and Franklin barely average. Don't know if Tebow could have made them look better or not, but I am now certain that Kyle Orton isn't changing his stripes.

I don't know how much different it would have been on the whole, but Tebow wouldn't have run right into Seymour's arms for that one sack, and he would have been quick enough to not get tripped up by Tommy Kelly on another.

DarkHorse

This is the defensive version of the Orton/Tebow debate. Joe Mays is absolute trash so why is he even in there?

TheDave
09-13-2011, 09:12 AM
Frankly, neither were as good as they looked.

Clady gave up a lot of hurries but Jay was good at shuffling.

Royal didn't get the separation he was credited with as a "sudden" WR and was thrown open a lot.

Other supporting cast members were better too. Having a vet like Hamilton next to Clady made inside moves easier to defend. Having Marshall across from Royal kept the field less crowded on his side.

And then there's scheme. ZBS was MUCH nicer for Clady and Shanahan designed plays for Royal.

****ing mess.

I couldn't agree more with that... Well Said.

DarkHorse
it wasn't Orton, is was the rain. The Broncos just had no way to compensate for that rain last night.

I agree 100% - NFL QB's cannot play in the rain, we're just asking for too much. Now if we can just find a reason why he can't play in good weather too.....hmmmm........what could it be?

TheReverend
This goes back to the question of whether the Broncos have the offensive coaching staff to develop a QB - meaning even if they draft someone can they develop them. At least Fox is a coach known to bench QB's for bad play. McDaniels I guess was an all season guy where hell or high water he won't bench his starter. Fox will bench someone. Hopefully Orton either plays better or bad enough to see some real change.

:strong:

Hypothetically speaking, let's say we did suck for Luck and got him.

Does anyone seriously trust Gase, McCoy and Fox with Luck?

SonOfLe-loLang

Easy.

We probably win that game if they just let Tebow play on that 1st and goal from the 5.

alkemical
09-13-2011, 09:13 AM
We really need Wayne Fonts as our OC. He knows how to shuffle QB's around for matchups.

TheReverend
09-13-2011, 09:14 AM
We probably win that game if they just let Tebow play on that 1st and goal from the 5.

We probably win that game if Fox shakes Tebow's hand on the way out the tunnel.

DarkHorse
09-13-2011, 09:15 AM
I think Weber would have been/still is a better option than Orton. Yeah, I said it.

It's not about just getting Tebow in there - it's about getting Orton out and keeping Quinn as far from Center as possible.

pricejj
09-13-2011, 09:40 AM
Broncos will not have a winning record until McCoy, Orton, Walton, Beadles, Kuper, Moreno, and Mays are ALL replaced.

alkemical
09-13-2011, 09:49 AM
Broncos will not have a winning record until McCoy, Orton, Walton, Beadles, Kuper, Moreno, and Mays are ALL replaced.

Ayers?

Mediator12
09-13-2011, 09:52 AM
We probably win that game if Fox shakes Tebow's hand on the way out the tunnel.

Or, Tebow makes twice as many errors as Orton did and the Raiders win going away Hilarious!

Tombstone RJ
09-13-2011, 09:53 AM

LOL

well alrighty then

jhns
09-13-2011, 09:55 AM
Or, Tebow makes twice as many errors as Orton did and the Raiders win going away Hilarious!

Yeah! Just like when Tebow played live games last year!

Oh, wait...

I guess what we should take from this is that the Orton lovers will never see reality

TheReverend
09-13-2011, 09:58 AM

Possible. Judging from Tebows actual play last year and Orton's play tonight, it's retardedly unlikely, but not impossible.

And then where would be? 0-1

Steve Sewell
09-13-2011, 10:03 AM

The biggest issue is that the Broncos had the game by the balls in the 2nd half. Defense was playing lights out (at the time), and they were moving the ball. Then, inexplicably, Orton fumbles the ****ing ball on a play that should have gone for a TD. His unathletic, sorry ass 13 point a game scoring self is the reason we lost the game. The entire team and stadium deflated BECAUSE of him, nothing else.

Success or failure in games comes at a few key moments in a game, and that was the KEY moment of the game. As usual, Kyle Orton BLEW it BIG TIME.

Again, I don't want to hear anything about bad o-line play, penalties, run defense and offense, etc. The Broncos had the game BY THE BALLS at that moment, period.

Mediator12
09-13-2011, 10:06 AM
Yeah! Just like when Tebow played live games last year!

Oh, wait...

I guess what we should take from this is that the Orton lovers will never see reality

I do not love orton, but i do not deal in fantasy either like Tebow's mystic abilities :approve:

ScottXray
09-13-2011, 10:08 AM

Exactly why Dilfer kept praising KO for his Smart play throwing the ball away....except of course for the fumble/drop with no pressure.

TheReverend
09-13-2011, 10:08 AM
I do not love orton, but i do not deal in fantasy either like Tebow's mystic abilities :approve:

2 yes or no questions:

1. Does Tim Tebow open up a defense? (and be honest)

2. Do you REALLY think he/Quinn/orevenWeber would've played as poorly as Kyle did (accountable for as many points to Oakland as he was to Denver - and he had the help of flags for Den) ?

Mediator12
09-13-2011, 10:10 AM
The biggest issue is that the Broncos had the game by the balls in the 2nd half. Defense was playing lights out (at the time), and they were moving the ball. Then, inexplicably, Orton fumbles the ****ing ball on a play that should have gone for a TD. His unathletic, sorry ass 13 point a game scoring self is the reason we lost the game. The entire team and stadium deflated BECAUSE of him, nothing else.

Success or failure in games comes at a few key moments in a game, and that was the KEY moment of the game. As usual, Kyle Orton BLEW it BIG TIME.

Again, I don't want to hear anything about bad o-line play, penalties, run defense and offense, etc. The Broncos had the game BY THE BALLS at that moment, period.

Wait, did I miss where OAK scored on that play? Or, did they drive the ball down the field on this defense that was playing lights out and score on them?

There is the thing called sudden change on defense. Good defenses do not let sudden change make them look like a pee wee team scrimmaging the varsity.

And, the DEF had the game by the balls too. There is way more than one moment in a game partner.

Chris
09-13-2011, 10:10 AM
Orton has terrible pocket awareness. Some of the worst I've seen.

He fails to sense pressure when it's there. Really a lot of the time he does.

The worst part is he senses pressure when it's not there and then moves INTO opposing players.

Tebow, for all his current flaws, is a jedi in this regard. Do you really think Houston's finger grap at the foot would have downed Tebow? Nein. Ish don tink so.

jhns
09-13-2011, 10:11 AM

No one does. We deal in reality with the fact that Tebow has already comlletely outplayed Orton in real games. We deal with the reality that Orton, in his seventh year, is not a good QB. We deal with the reality that Tebow helps a crap line and run game. We deal with the reality that this team needs to know what they have in Tebow so they know if they need to use lots of resources on QB in the future.

Dedhed
09-13-2011, 10:12 AM

Again, I don't want to hear anything about bad o-line play, penalties, run defense and offense, etc. The Broncos had the game BY THE BALLS at that moment, period.There were numerous chances for the Broncos to take control of this game and at every opportunity Orton was a complete failure.

Starting with creating a turnover in the red zone on the very first play of the game for the defense. Great opportunity to set the tone for the game, and it did set the tone; unfortunately it set a tone of suck.

After a full half of complete suck by the offense, Decker picks the team up and gets them into the game. Defense forces a 3 and out and big MO is directly on the Broncos side. Then Orton enters the game and the balloon deflates.

Etc, etc

Mediator12
09-13-2011, 10:16 AM
2 yes or no questions:

1. Does Tim Tebow open up a defense? (and be honest)

2. Do you REALLY think he/Quinn/orevenWeber would've played as poorly as Kyle did (accountable for as many points to Oakland as he was to Denver - and he had the help of flags for Den) ?

1. Remains to be seen. He is a mobile QB though and you have to gameplan him much differently. Oak already played a lot of Zone and zone blitzing though so we will see if and when he gets a chance to play.

2. Yes! Yes, I do. I do not blindly believe in this kid. He is going to have to make me see it to believe it. We already saw him blindly throw a ball up for grabs in the preseason when he got pressured, fortunately it was a PI call. I do not believe he mentally has what it takes to play QB at this level yet. It is a mental game, and he has struggled mightily to execute even simple reads IMHO. Does he have talent? Of Course, and he was a transcendent College QB. Of course, so was Vince Young!

Dedhed
09-13-2011, 10:16 AM

What do you find phony about Tebow's ability to put points on the board? In his worst effort as a professional he put up 23 points.

It seems to me that you have to rely on more fantasy to deny that Tebow's skills translate to the NFL than to believe they do after seeing him in 3 starts.

There's nothing fake about the fact that when given a chance, Tebow has produced at a higher level.

Tombstone RJ
09-13-2011, 10:21 AM
1. Remains to be seen. He is a mobile QB though and you have to gameplan him much differently. Oak already played a lot of Zone and zone blitzing though so we will see if and when he gets a chance to play.

2. Yes! Yes, I do. I do not blindly believe in this kid. He is going to have to make me see it to believe it. We already saw him blindly throw a ball up for grabs in the preseason when he got pressured, fortunately it was a PI call. I do not believe he mentally has what it takes to play QB at this level yet. It is a mental game, and he has struggled mightily to execute even simple reads IMHO. Does he have talent? Of Course, and he was a transcendent College QB. Of course, so was Vince Young!

Hilarious!

Keep polishing that Orton turd. Fact is Tebow gives the Broncos a better chance to win than Orton because of his mental toughness and his competitive nature. Yah, he'll make some mistakes but he'll also make alot of great plays and he'll get better the more he plays.

Steve Sewell
09-13-2011, 10:22 AM
Wait, did I miss where OAK scored on that play? Or, did they drive the ball down the field on this defense that was playing lights out and score on them?

There is the thing called sudden change on defense. Good defenses do not let sudden change make them look like a pee wee team scrimmaging the varsity.

And, the DEF had the game by the balls too. There is way more than one moment in a game partner.

I have a ton of respect for you Mediator, but if you don't think that boneheaded fumble by Orton changed the entire face/outcome of the game, I don't know what to say.

TheReverend
09-13-2011, 10:25 AM

Oh please...

He HAS to be accounted for, for one and two, you DID see it. You don't have to "blindly" believe in anything.

But let me guess, you're going to claim that a rookie QB on the road in his first ever NFL start is a nightmare for DC's because they don't have film again, huh? Sorry Matt, but this is absurd and you do know it.

Steve Sewell
09-13-2011, 10:29 AM

What about Cam Newton? The kid couldn't even recite a play for Gruden yet he's ballin' for 400+ yards in his first game. Not everyone is going to be Tom Brady chillin' in the pocket all game processing reads like IBM's Watson computer and throwing perfect darts.

Good grief its as if no one even bothered to watch (or maybe they conveniently forget) Elway early in his career. The dude looked clueless at lot of the time. It's not like he was standing firm in the pocket all game making 3-4 progression reads and throwing touch passes. A lot of his game was really raw, and if it wasn't, it still translated to "raw" on the field.

pricejj
09-13-2011, 11:34 AM
Ayers?

Ayers is a serviceable strongside DE...way better than Engelberger. For the Broncos to win a championship, almost everyone would need to be replaced. I am shooting for a winning record first. For a winning record, Broncos need to replace:

1. Xanders
2. McCoy
3. Orton
4. Walton
5. Beadles
6. Kuper
7. Moreno
8. Mays
9. Vickerson

jhns
09-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Ayers is a serviceable strongside DE...way better than Engelberger. For the Broncos to win a championship, almost everyone would need to be replaced. I am shooting for a winning record first. For a winning record, Broncos need to replace:

1. Xanders
2. McCoy
3. Orton
4. Walton
5. Beadles
6. Kuper
7. Moreno
8. Mays
9. Vickerson

I agree with a lot of that list(minus Kuper). I would put Ellis at one though. It has been all down hill since he arrived.

Dedhed
09-13-2011, 11:39 AM
Good grief its as if no one even bothered to watch (or maybe they conveniently forget) Elway early in his career. The dude looked clueless at lot of the time. It's not like he was standing firm in the pocket all game making 3-4 progression reads and throwing touch passes. A lot of his game was really raw, and if it wasn't, it still translated to "raw" on the field.

I just don't get it. We know what Orton is, everyone does, and it was on display last night in living HD, prime time, color. He's a worthless lame duck.

Start Tebow, put him in the shotgun, and let him loose.

Irish Stout
09-13-2011, 11:41 AM

You weren't in Section 517 by any chance?

TheReverend
09-13-2011, 11:46 AM

Stalker :)

vonqkilla
09-13-2011, 11:46 AM
As I and others said, ko is a great flag football qb.... Any rush, pressure, folds.

Tebow competes to the whistle.

Coward qbs shouldnt be in orange, or the nfl.

Idiot media annointed him playing vs no rush or pressure.

Kaylore
09-13-2011, 11:58 AM
Orton has terrible pocket awareness. Some of the worst I've seen.

He fails to sense pressure when it's there. Really a lot of the time he does.

The worst part is he senses pressure when it's not there and then moves INTO opposing players.

Tebow, for all his current flaws, is a jedi in this regard. Do you really think Houston's finger grap at the foot would have downed Tebow? Nein. Ish don tink so.
This is so true. When the pocket is good enough he runs or steps into a lineman. When the pressure is there he's a statue. When he sees the rush coming he takes a sack rather than throw it away.

Irish Stout
09-13-2011, 12:02 PM
I was somewhere between accepting and pulling for Orton for the last season and a game. Call it my idiocy in blindly believing that the Broncos FO and coaching staff know more than I do. I am now done with him.

I really think the Broncos need to have a serious plan for giving Tebow a shot this year. If KO doesn't have a really strong showing in 2 of the next 3 games, the Broncos will have a real fan relationship nightmare on their hands... unless they plan on starting Tebow vs Sand Diego at home on the 9th of October. Otherwise, the fans that do show up at that game will be booing very, very, very loudly.

Lets go John John. Figure out whats best for the team and you will find it is whats best for your fans. If Tebow ends up sucking ass you have then learned two things to help the Broncos become an actual contender again. 1) You will know if you need to draft a high QB, and, 2) you might be able to unload him for some nominal value.

Rohirrim
09-13-2011, 12:03 PM
As I and others said, ko is a great flag football qb.... Any rush, pressure, folds.

Tebow competes to the whistle.

Coward qbs shouldnt be in orange, or the nfl.

Idiot media annointed him playing vs no rush or pressure.

Speaking of coward QBs. Did you catch Cutler's act in the playoffs last year?

TheReverend
09-13-2011, 12:04 PM
Boos and cries for Tebow IN THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON AT HOME is just remarkably impressive.

I'm not sure even McDaniels couldve worked that one.

jhns
09-13-2011, 12:05 PM
Boos and cries for Tebow IN THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON AT HOME is just remarkably impressive.

Orton was booed in his first training camp. He had people calling for Simms to start.

alkemical
09-13-2011, 12:18 PM

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdp1F-sgKzg1-51UVN8NAK6dxBUmC9joLs6w_fqj1BjPJEmzoMdw

Kaylore
09-13-2011, 07:35 PM

522 actually.

Maximus
09-13-2011, 08:13 PM
Satuday, my son tried to go HAM on this te he had lined up with a ten yard start, but went high, knocked himself unconscious, and is out for the year. Really scary, ambulance, hospital, just the worst thing you can experience pretty much.

But I got the hookups on tix, and am sitting behind the Larsens at Mile High, great family. And then I get treated to 4 qtrs of Kyle Orton taking sacks, throwing balls into the stands, fumbling, no blocking, no catching, no tackling.
And no Tebow in the redzone.
How could losing to oakland be worse?

We give up the record tying fg to seabass!!! Insult to injury. Horrible game, but I still had fun, and met a pop star.

Football gods hate me now.

It was funny how KO caught fire once Tebow chants got serious, we need tebow chants all game.

It's ok... You have VonDoom & Teblow They will fix it all!

vonqkilla
09-13-2011, 08:42 PM
The only thing in football im looking forward to in football, is my fantasy team, and vondoom.

FU Mcd!!!!! On 2nd thought since we cant stop run, its just fantasy.

Ugh.

2012 draft here we come.

DENVERDUI55
09-13-2011, 08:51 PM

He should spat on him he played TERRIBLE! Unacceptable from a guy who has been in the league and being compensated like him. Beadles Walton and Franklin were bad too. Franklin gets a first pro game pass but other two need to step up.

baja
09-13-2011, 09:32 PM
...Then you should leave the site?

Keep posting you've cleared out many already and you'll get the rest just by being you.

BroncoSexyDaddy
09-13-2011, 10:10 PM
Orton ****ting it in the redzone. Weird.

Tebow scores TD's in the redzone. Just sayin.Every time we get close to the redzone we should have some redzone packages for Tebow,he should be a situational player if he is getting paid that type of money.I would rather score 7 instead of 3,just sayin!

LRtagger
09-14-2011, 06:39 AM

He did throw a block on McClain and had a 13 yard run on 3rd and 10 on Monday which I was very impressed with, but aside from that he looked like half the player he has been the past two years...which is a scary concept.