PDA

View Full Version : Week 1: The good, the bad, and the ugly.

mkporter
09-13-2011, 01:13 AM
Good:
-Von Miller: This kid might have a future in this league
-Eric Decker: The Ed is strong with this one.
-Dawkins: This was a Dawkins kind of game. He laid some wood tonight. Also loved the superman routine at the goal line.
-Champ: The dude has to be the best tackler on the team. He so rarely misses.
-That one play where Moreno broke those dude's ankles. Sweet.
-Daniel Fells: It was cool to see a tight end involved in the offense again.
-We played like crap in most phases of the game, and we still had several chances to win.

Bad:
-Oline: Total lack of running game? Check. Whole bunch of sacks? Check. Lots of penalties? Check.
-Run D: Joe Mays, Matador.
-Orton: C'mon buddy, I've tried talking you up around here, saying it wasn't the end of the world that you were starting and boring competence isn't so bad. You forgot to be competent. I don't mind the cement boots, but when you cower like my dog when she knows she's done something bad, and I'm going to yell at her, it just makes me want to smack you with a rolled up newspaper.

Ugly:
-Orton's unforced fumble. He makes the throw and we've got at least 20 yards, maybe even a score.
-Penalties. Maybe they should have delayed the season a couple weeks, so the games wouldn't be so god damn ugly to watch.
- Raider fans

TheReverend
09-13-2011, 01:17 AM
This:

****:

Kyle Orton
Andre Goodman
JD Walton
Zane Beadles
Orlando Franklin
Chris Kuper (sorry Kupesdad, this week he gets it)
Joe Mays
Gase
McCoy
John Fox
John Elway
Pat Bowlen

Props:

Brian Dawkins
Eric Decker
Jay Cutler
Mike Shanahan

mkporter
09-13-2011, 08:14 AM
This:

What about Scheffler, Hillis, and Marshall? Disappointed with so many current broncos in your post.

ColoradoBuff
09-13-2011, 08:28 AM
Good:
-Von Miller: This kid might have a future in this league
-Eric Decker: The Ed is strong with this one.
-Dawkins: This was a Dawkins kind of game. He laid some wood tonight. Also loved the superman routine at the goal line.
-Champ: The dude has to be the best tackler on the team. He so rarely misses.
-That one play where Moreno broke those dude's ankles. Sweet.
-Daniel Fells: It was cool to see a tight end involved in the offense again.
-We played like crap in most phases of the game, and we still had several chances to win.

Bad:
-Oline: Total lack of running game? Check. Whole bunch of sacks? Check. Lots of penalties? Check.
-Run D: Joe Mays, Matador.
-Orton: C'mon buddy, I've tried talking you up around here, saying it wasn't the end of the world that you were starting and boring competence isn't so bad. You forgot to be competent. I don't mind the cement boots, but when you cower like my dog when she knows she's done something bad, and I'm going to yell at her, it just makes me want to smack you with a rolled up newspaper.

Ugly:
-Orton's unforced fumble. He makes the throw and we've got at least 20 yards, maybe even a score.
-Penalties. Maybe they should have delayed the season a couple weeks, so the games wouldn't be so god damn ugly to watch.
- Raider fans

Joe Mays has no business starting! NONE! dude flat out sucks!

robbieopperude
09-13-2011, 08:34 AM
Good:
Miller looked good
Nice to see Dumervil back on the field
Champ

Bad:
Rahim Moore being so fragile
The rest of the DB's looking very poor
Run Defense when it counted in the second half

Ugly:
Kyle Orton in the Red Zone
Kyle Orton moving around in the pocket
All the OL not named Ryan Clady
RB's handling the ball in the offense

robbieopperude
09-13-2011, 08:36 AM
I actually don't mind Joe Mays in there on obvious run downs. He seemed like he mixed it up in there alot. He is certainly a part that will be replaced in the near future.

Also for the bad:
I hated the decision to try and kick a 56 yard FG in the rain. That ended up costing us 3 pts. That one was on Fox.

alkemical
09-13-2011, 08:46 AM
I actually don't mind Joe Mays in there on obvious run downs. He seemed like he mixed it up in there alot. He is certainly a part that will be replaced in the near future.

Also for the bad:
I hated the decision to try and kick a 56 yard FG in the rain. That ended up costing us 3 pts. That one was on Fox.

Lord knows we can't score a TD in the redzone.

Tombstone RJ
09-13-2011, 09:26 AM
Week 1

The Good:
--Eric Decker, great punt return for a TD, looks good
--Lloyd, if Orton actually gets him the ball he's good
--Bailey, he's still the best tackler on the team
--Dawkins, he still brings the wood

The Bad:
--The oline, no holes, no lanes, no run game
--The dline, everyone knew McFadden was gonna whack you and yep, it happened
--Moreno, the fumble just does not inspire confidence
--Special Teams, really, a blocked punt, really?

The Ugly:
--Orton, you just can't handle 3rd and longs and you have no clue in the redzone
--Orton, the phantom fumble that was a 14 point abomination
--The offense as a whole, it's leaderless, heartless, mistake prone and boring

DomCasual
09-13-2011, 09:44 AM
I can't believe no one is mentioning Kevin Vickerson in the bad and ugly. I was angry that his ridiculous penalty gave fatty the chance to tie Elam's record on our field. Then, when that ended up being the margin of victory? Nice job, Kevin. It's weird that you got caught doing that. It was so subtle how you unnecessarily hung onto it for five seconds with virtually no other players around you.