PDA

View Full Version : Crow

Boobs McGee
09-13-2011, 12:27 AM
wow.

Gotta say, I honestly thought Orton was going to play better. Yes, our line got destroyed. Yes, our run game was non existent. But **** me running, aside from about 10 decent throws that guy just looked like he didn't want to be there. I know, I know, receivers dropped a few balls. But he seriously pissed away all of that remaining hope I had for him after tonight. I'm finally beginning to see what everyone has been talking about, but it's just so disheartening to see what I saw out there tonight.

I'm so conflicted right now, because I want to say he'd do better with ANY semblance of a run/blocking game, but ffs I'm ready for Tebow. Give me something different, because obviously Kyle didn't do **** this offseason to change his game.

I want the team to rally around someone. I want competitive fire. I want a guy to go out and win a mother****ing game.

Kyle, I'll always be thankful for what I THOUGHT was courageous play over the last couple of years, but obviously, you just aren't built to be a winner, and it's time to see what the football Jesus might have.

Pity.

I'll be happy to eat crow, but it's the ****tiest tasting crow ever because I feel like I'm giving up on our team.

Sad night for me

TheReverend
09-13-2011, 12:32 AM
"Courageous play"

OMG I'm gonna piss myself laughing.

McDman
09-13-2011, 12:34 AM
One or two more games like that and he's gotta be done.

Doggcow
09-13-2011, 12:35 AM
I'm only OK with this loss if it costs Orton his job.

OBF1
09-13-2011, 12:38 AM
Kyle Orton is who I thought he was... Can't wait for TGN and Hat to chime in :)

Rolandftw
09-13-2011, 12:39 AM
One game people. One game doesn't make a season. If we play like this against Cinci, then I'll be worried.

maven
09-13-2011, 12:40 AM
Orton ****ing sucks!!!!!!!!!! Glad you are seeing the light.

zdoor
09-13-2011, 12:41 AM
One game people. One game doesn't make a season. If we play like this against Cinci, then I'll be worried.

The last 14 games should be enough to see what Orton is...

Archer81
09-13-2011, 12:41 AM
The more I see and the more I think about it the more willing I am to think that we have struggles in the rungame in part because of Orton. He scares no one.

:Broncos:

broncocalijohn
09-13-2011, 12:42 AM
We still didnt have a running game. I hope it is because Raiders are just so ****ing awesome at stopping the run. Not much easier next week.

Boobs McGee
09-13-2011, 12:45 AM
"Courageous play"

OMG I'm gonna piss myself laughing.

My opinion. But thanks for being a dick.

NUB
09-13-2011, 12:45 AM
The last 15 games this season should be enough to see what Orton is...

:(

Broncochica
09-13-2011, 12:46 AM
wow.

Gotta say, I honestly thought Orton was going to play better. Yes, our line got destroyed. Yes, our run game was non existent. But **** me running, aside from about 10 decent throws that guy just looked like he didn't want to be there. I know, I know, receivers dropped a few balls. But he seriously pissed away all of that remaining hope I had for him after tonight. I'm finally beginning to see what everyone has been talking about, but it's just so disheartening to see what I saw out there tonight.

I'm so conflicted right now, because I want to say he'd do better with ANY semblance of a run/blocking game, but ffs I'm ready for Tebow. Give me something different, because obviously Kyle didn't do **** this offseason to change his game.

I want the team to rally around someone. I want competitive fire. I want a guy to go out and win a mother****ing game.

Kyle, I'll always be thankful for what I THOUGHT was courageous play over the last couple of years, but obviously, you just aren't built to be a winner, and it's time to see what the football Jesus might have.

Pity.

I'll be happy to eat crow, but it's the ****tiest tasting crow ever because I feel like I'm giving up on our team.

Sad night for me

Your not the only one tonight that has said this, I read 3 other posters that feel the same way, now that's very sad. :(

Broncochica
09-13-2011, 12:50 AM
Orton ****ing sucks!!!!!!!!!! Glad you are seeing the light.

LOL Finally alot of posters are seeing the light! :thumbs:

Archer81
09-13-2011, 12:53 AM
I feel a lot of apathy towards the Broncos, and it started setting in late last year. Tebow alleviated it. I understand Denver will not be a good team for awhile...but give us something to hang our hats on. There is no positives on offense with Orton as our quarterback.

300 yard day from KO...1 TD, 2 turnovers. Sacked 5 times...and he wont get any better. He is what he is.

TheReverend
09-13-2011, 12:54 AM
My opinion. But thanks for being a dick.

Anytime.

Let's just say I'm eager for what you would term "cowardly play"

24champ
09-13-2011, 12:55 AM
wow.

Pity.

Sad night for me

He tried to rally the troops in the first half, I remember him yelling at the OL and trying to get everyone on the same page. Orton was pissed off, and I just didn't see any of his teammates fired up by him.

Broncochica
09-13-2011, 12:59 AM
He tried to rally the troops in the first half, I remember him yelling at the OL and trying to get everyone on the same page. Orton was pissed off, and I just didn't see any of his teammates fired up by him.

LOL He's lost his mojo! :)

smoke4815162342
09-13-2011, 01:01 AM

thats because none of them have any faith in him to make a play

t-diddy
09-13-2011, 01:03 AM
I feel a lot of apathy towards the Broncos, and it started setting in late last year. Tebow alleviated it. I understand Denver will not be a good team for awhile...but give us something to hang our hats on. There is no positives on offense with Orton as our quarterback.

300 yard day from KO...1 TD, 2 turnovers. Sacked 5 times...and he wont get any better. He is what he is.

This is spot on... The last few games last year gave me an excitement that i hadn't had in years for Bronco football. Now, like the last few years, there is just an overwhelming pessimism/apprehension going into every game. It's because you know what you are gonna get... with Tebow, you know that he will do something to surprise and excite you. Makes the fan experience much better... Plus, what the hell do we have to lose?

Hulamau
09-13-2011, 01:04 AM

That will happen when you have a wide open TE as in Fells running with no one anywhere near him and ready for the GIMME' go ahead score and you freakin' drop the damn ball like a hot potato with no one anywhere near you to cause such a FUBAR athletic move!

TheReverend
09-13-2011, 01:05 AM

Did you see Tebow bertstaring him from behind during that tirade?

Borks147
09-13-2011, 01:06 AM

Seriously. Tebow in basically the exact same spot last season (vs the Texans) had friggin defensive players, not just the offense, head-butting him and ready to go to war after his sideline speech.

Cito Pelon
09-13-2011, 01:06 AM
Yeah, I'm eating crow also. Start Tebow now. He's the only QB on the roster that has potential to win games.

Broncochica
09-13-2011, 01:08 AM
Yeah, I'm eating crow also. Start Tebow now. He's the only QB on the roster that has potential to win games.

:thumbs:

Archer81
09-13-2011, 01:09 AM

Which is not totally unfounded. When Orton makes plays to win games, its a surprise and not the expected.

razorwire77
09-13-2011, 01:09 AM
Crow here too. Kyle's done. At this point McCoy might as we install a 1 read and run spread offense around Tebow. It would be better than what we saw tonight.

hambone13
09-13-2011, 01:14 AM
That will happen when you have a wide open TE as in Fells running with no one anywhere near him and ready for the GIMME' go ahead score and you freakin' drop the damn ball like a hot potato with no one anywhere near you to cause such a FUBAR athletic move!

What I found even worse was his pathetic ability to show a sense of urgency to actually recover the ball. I think he actually tried to look at his hand to see if it was true.....meanwhile, the Faid are recovering the fumble.

Rolandftw
09-13-2011, 01:16 AM
The last 14 games should be enough to see what Orton is...

Not really, considering we had a coach who confused Orton for Brady...

Rother8
09-13-2011, 01:17 AM
I'm only OK with this loss if it costs Orton his job.

Echoed.

Wow. Tebow! Tebow!
Best sounds I've heard in a while

Crow
09-13-2011, 01:40 AM
Saw this thread and thought someone had turned on the Bat Signal. :~ohyah!:

Good game, guys. To quote one of the fellas from Black Reign, "We won by 63 yards."

smoke4815162342
09-13-2011, 09:17 AM
Which is not totally unfounded. When Orton makes plays to win games, its a surprise and not the expected.

When has Orton made plays to win a game?

go_broncos
09-13-2011, 09:24 AM

where were you for the past 2 seasons.?

Rolandftw
09-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Again, not judging him based on the McDaniels system. I can understand if Tebow fans want him to get a shot, but it's not happening until later in the year.

Again, lose to Cinci and I'll be worried.

Dagmar
09-13-2011, 12:38 PM
I have NEVER in my whole life seen a fanbase completely behind starting a guy and the front office being completely against the idea. It's depressing deflating and plain infuriating.

Rolandftw
09-13-2011, 01:00 PM
It happens all the time. Pretty sure the vast majority of Chief fans would have preferred them to stick with Gannon rather then go back to Grbac. KC might have a Super Bowl, if they had. I'm sure there were plenty of Chargers fans that would have preferred Brees over Rivers. You could also argue the Chargers would have won a championship by now had they went the other direction at QB.

You don't think Bills fans were up in arms over benching Doug Flutie after he led them to the postseason, for Rob Johnson?

We're talking about players that actually accomplished something beyond winning a meaningless regular season game against the worse passing defense in the NFL.

Believe it or not, there really isn't a crusade against Tim Tebow starting in the NFL.

DenverBroncosJM
09-13-2011, 01:05 PM
I have NEVER in my whole life seen a fanbase completely behind starting a guy and the front office being completely against the idea. It's depressing deflating and plain infuriating.

Like Elway with Reeves?

broncosteven
09-13-2011, 01:22 PM
At least Orton will never be confused with Tom Brady ever again.

Crow
09-13-2011, 01:26 PM

Doesn't seem like the fanbase is completely behind starting lolTebow. Doesn't seem close.

United against Orton? Kinda looks that way. United behind lolTebow? 50/50, at best.

I think the current brass recognizes that lolTebow is a novelty rather than an NFL QB. They supposedly tried to trade him and got no real offers. Sounds like an offseason cut to me.

maher_tyler
09-13-2011, 01:34 PM
The more I see and the more I think about it the more willing I am to think that we have struggles in the rungame in part because of Orton. He scares no one.

Exactly! They stack 8-9 in the box, taking our run game away. Forcing Orton to beat us with his arm. They know if they get a tiny bit of pressure on him that he'll take a sack, throw a pick, throw a lame duck or throw it out of bounds. Orton scares no one! He can't scramble, he can't convert 3rd downs, he can't score in the redzone...the only thing that Orton has ever done consistently is **** his pants under any pressure! He sucks! He's a back up at best!

Taco John
09-13-2011, 01:38 PM
I wasn't expecting threads like this until October.

Dedhed
09-13-2011, 01:38 PM
I think the current brass recognizes that lolTebow is a novelty rather than an NFL QB. They supposedly tried to trade him and got no real offers. Sounds like an offseason cut to me.

lulz. I can see the pee running down your leg. You know as well as anyone that if Tebow started last night, the Raiders are 0-1.

alkemical
09-13-2011, 01:39 PM
I wasn't expecting threads like this until October.

I saw it coming in AUG.

alkemical
09-13-2011, 01:40 PM
lulz. I can see the pee running down your leg. You know as well as anyone that if Tebow started last night, the Raiders are 0-1.

Speculative.

I also have no Bronco in this race either - our D is atrocious.

rbackfactory80
09-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Fox and Elway are sitting around scratching their heads wondering how they are gonna turn things around. Pretty sad the answer is sitting on the bench. Open your eyes jerks.

Taco John
09-13-2011, 01:45 PM
I saw it coming in AUG.

Not me. I expected that there would be a lot more defense of Orton through the first month, and that by October, a lot of that would be ground down. I *did* expect to hear Tebow's name chanted on night one. I knew that was coming. But for Orton backers to be jumping off in the large numbers we're seeing, I didn't think it would happen this fast.

None of this changes that the lockerroom is behind Orton - not to mention the coaches.

maher_tyler
09-13-2011, 01:49 PM

:thumbsup:

alkemical
09-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Not me. I expected that there would be a lot more defense of Orton through the first month, and that by October, a lot of that would be ground down. I *did* expect to hear Tebow's name chanted on night one. I knew that was coming. But for Orton backers to be jumping off in the large numbers we're seeing, I didn't think it would happen this fast.

None of this changes that the lockerroom is behind Orton - not to mention the coaches.

Indeed. I still saw this coming man. Look at the impatient nature of fans, the way "access" to teams and information is - people want it instant, they want it now - and they overestimate their importance to the team by being a fan* (consumer).

think about it - what do people think: "If we bitch, someone will do something about it".

Meanwhile, the problems with the broncos are seriously deep. The thing, IMO we miss with Shanny is his "consistency" with the front office (for better/worse).

But more or less, most of our fans don't have the patience to deal with any more "pain" due to the last few years.

I personally won't buy the NFL sunday ticket, or broncos merchandise until things change.

Infact, the last few years has made me more apathetic. I don't care who the QB is - I just want the team to turn the corner and be a real competitive team again.

jhns
09-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Speculative.

I also have no Bronco in this race either - our D is atrocious.

The d is not that bad. You should watch the game again. While they do need to imorove, they worked with horrible field position all night and still kept the score pretty low. Last years defemse would have given up 50 under the same circumstances.

jhns
09-13-2011, 01:59 PM

The locker room thing is crap. Two players have talked. One was Bailey, the guy that always says good things about starters. The other was Lloyd, the guy that came out in support of Tebow when it looked like Orton was being traded. You guys can't actually be taking that stuff seriously. Remember when it was argued that the team is behind McDaniels. Where did that get us?

Boobs McGee
09-13-2011, 02:01 PM

I think, for me anyway, it finally just clicked last night. He's had some incredible games with us here, and I SO WANTED TO BELIEVE that those could be replicated on a consistent basis...but when I finally sat down and thought about what I was seeing last night, it just clicked. So many times, I've thought to myself "well hey, he just needs a running game. He needs better pass blocking. He needs the D to pick him up". But the reality is, that's not the QB I want. I've fooled myself into thinking that his mediocrity (yes, I know, last year his passing yardage was "better" than mediocre) was ok with me, and that he'd somehow turn it around. But, dammit, I want my mother****ing broncos to excel. I want a guy that can get a team fired up. I want a guy that can make plays out of nothing when our run game is worthless. I want a guy that can rally the troops, get in teamates faces, and will them to victory. I want a guy that's a gamer ALL GAME. I want a guy that, when he sees the opportunity, will grab it by the balls and squeeze.

Last night, Kyle had the opportunity to shut up alllllll of the haters. Two separate times. Against my most hated division rivals. In our house. And he couldn't get it done.

Again, I'll always be thankful for what he did considering who he was and the situation he came into, but right now that's not good enough anymore. I want exciting Broncos football again. WHO KNOWS, that may or may not be Tebow. I'd rather find out NOW than sit through another season watching someone who obviously isn't our franchise' future.

I'm not going to be a classless ****ing chodebag at the game though (all of you no talent ass clowns who boo the Broncos can seriously pound sand). I'll be pissed, I'll scream at my tv and yell at my ceiling, maybe even kick a random baby on the street, but I won't boo our GD team.

I just feel ****ty for feeling this way, and hope the FO can figure out a way to make the situation better....somehow make we, the disgruntled or unsatisfied fans, feel better about the direction we're going. If Kyle succeeds, fantastic. We win. At this point, I'd rather throw Timbow out there and see what we got.

Pick Six
09-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Saw this thread and thought someone had turned on the Bat Signal. :~ohyah!:

Good game, guys. To quote one of the fellas from Black Reign, "We won by 63 yards."

Yeah...A Raider tying Elam's record doesn't exactly make me happy, either...ugh!~

Tombstone RJ
09-13-2011, 02:10 PM
I think, for me anyway, it finally just clicked last night. BRANDON LLOYD had some incredible games with us here, and I SO WANTED TO BELIEVE that those could be replicated on a consistent basis...but when I finally sat down and thought about what I was seeing FROM ORTON last night, it just clicked. So many times, I've thought to myself "well hey, he just needs a running game. He needs better pass blocking. He needs the D to pick him up". But the reality is, that's not the QB I want. I've fooled myself into thinking that his mediocrity (yes, I know, last year his passing yardage was "better" than mediocre) was ok with me, and that he'd somehow turn it around. But, dammit, I want my mother****ing broncos to excel. I want a guy that can get a team fired up. I want a guy that can make plays out of nothing when our run game is worthless. I want a guy that can rally the troops, get in teamates faces, and will them to victory. I want a guy that's a gamer ALL GAME. I want a guy that, when he sees the opportunity, will grab it by the balls and squeeze.

Last night, Kyle had the opportunity to shut up alllllll of the haters. Two separate times. Against my most hated division rivals. In our house. And he couldn't get it done.

Again, I'll always be thankful for what he did considering who he was and the situation he came into, but right now that's not good enough anymore. I want exciting Broncos football again. WHO KNOWS, that may or may not be Tebow. I'd rather find out NOW than sit through another season watching someone who obviously isn't our franchise' future.

I'm not going to be a classless ****ing chodebag at the game though (all of you no talent ass clowns who boo the Broncos can seriously pound sand). I'll be pissed, I'll scream at my tv and yell at my ceiling, maybe even kick a random baby on the street, but I won't boo our GD team.

I just feel ****ty for feeling this way, and hope the FO can figure out a way to make the situation better....somehow make we, the disgruntled or unsatisfied fans, feel better about the direction we're going. If Kyle succeeds, fantastic. We win. At this point, I'd rather throw Timbow out there and see what we got.

fixed it for you. I've said in the past and I'll say it again, Brandon Lloyd makes Orton look good, not vice versa.

Miss I.
09-13-2011, 02:11 PM
Mr OP, I feel your sadness sir (I would say Boobs, but then people might think my boobs were sore or something and immediately ask for pictures...and my girls were already squeezed by a drunk Norwegian in Scotland and then today I think I got mistaken for a hooker...anyway..I digress). I woke up at the crack of dawn to watch this game, had to leave just at 4th quarter started, but I had hope as I left because Eric Decker is freaking awesome. I love that dude.

anyway, I saw some very painful plays by Orton and it made me sad. I keep backing people out of loyalty to the team. I will never call Orton the names some of the ****wits on this site do, because I honestly believe he gives the best HE is capable of, but unfortunately that just isn't enough. He didn't choose the Broncos, they, through the incredible poor decisions of an inexperienced, arrogant coach did (yes I am acknowledging my blind loyalty made me back a jackass too, though I still think he has some merits as a QB coach) I will always respect that he wears our uniform and works very hard and doesn't beat the **** out of or rape women or get ****ed up on drugs and piss it all away. But it is probably time for a change, whether or not Tebow is the answer is hard to say until he plays regularly, but it's maybe time to see him engaged more. If he's not the answer we will find out soon enough and the fanbase will turn on him like rabid dogs, like they do for pretty much everyone. At any rate, OP I understand.

TailgateNut
09-13-2011, 02:12 PM

LOL

'cause he just makes EVERYBODY better, even the cheerleaders.

maven
09-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Come on down boys and girls

http://pakistanmediawatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/crow.jpg

Archer81
09-13-2011, 05:12 PM
I would say Boobs, but then people might think my boobs were sore or something and immediately ask for pictures...and my girls were already squeezed by a drunk Norwegian in Scotland and then today I think I got mistaken for a hooker...anyway..I digress

This post is worthless without pics...

;)

Rolandftw
09-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Royal's also stated he's behind Orton.

Crow
09-13-2011, 05:54 PM

If lolTebow had started last night, Elway would have been wearing a paper bag over his head by halftime. Why people think this guy has NFL talent is beyond me.

I was chanting for lolTebow right along with the Denver faithful last night. He's 3rd string for a reason.

Just move the guy to H-back and be done with it. Get some kind of value out of that pick.

Kyle Orton is your best option right now the same way that Jason Campbell is ours. We may not be happy about it, but it is what it is.

Crow
09-13-2011, 06:00 PM
Fox and Elway are sitting around scratching their heads wondering how they are gonna turn things around. Pretty sad the answer is sitting on the bench. Open your eyes jerks.

Brady Quinn? Pretty sure he sucks, too.

Sodak
09-13-2011, 06:07 PM
It's only a matter of time until Orton goes down with an injury. He'll sprain his squigglyspooch falling down when someone whiffs on a shoestring tackle...

Dedhed
09-13-2011, 06:15 PM
If lolTebow had started last night, Elway would have been wearing a paper bag over his head by halftime. Why people think this guy has NFL talent is beyond me.

I was chanting for lolTebow right along with the Denver faithful last night. He's 3rd string for a reason.

Just move the guy to H-back and be done with it. Get some kind of value out of that pick.

Kyle Orton is your best option right now the same way that Jason Campbell is ours. We may not be happy about it, but it is what it is.

I don't argue with pure fantasy, sorry.

Bronx33
09-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Doesn't seem like the fanbase is completely behind starting lolTebow. Doesn't seem close.

United against Orton? Kinda looks that way. United behind lolTebow? 50/50, at best.

So you read national inquirer about a tebow trade and ran with it and no fans dont see him as a novelty most see him as a unproven rookie ( which he is) sadly some folks around here see him as more when hes proven nothing so please save your POS condescending idiot raider posts.

Crow
09-13-2011, 07:25 PM
I don't argue with pure fantasy, sorry.

That's exactly what you're doing, though. Silly speculation based on the misguided notion that Tim Tebow is an NFL QB is pure, undiluted fantasy.

It's far more likely that the score differential would have been much more significant, not to mention the likelihood of lolTebow turning the ball over twice as much. I mean, if we're building arguments completely on silly speculation, let me know in advance. I'll know not to waste my time. But if there's something of substance you'd like to add, I'm all ears.

The bottom line is that your team's best QB had awful pass protection and no ground game and lost to a team with no passing game by the most outrageous of margins: A 63 yard FG.

Crow
09-13-2011, 07:32 PM
So you read national inquirer about a tebow trade and ran with it and no fans dont see him as a novelty most see him as a unproven rookie ( which he is) sadly some folks around here see him as more when hes proven nothing so please save your POS condescending idiot raider posts.

The National Enquirer...NFL Network...same thing, I guess.

I also made no mention of the fans seeing him as a novelty. I said the brass. That's slang for the people in charge. The higher-ups. The boss(es). You know. The people whose opinions actually matter.

He's proven an inability, or unwillingness, to correct the worst throwing mechanics ever to grace the NFL stage. That's why he's 3rd string right now.

But, you go right ahead and cling to the idea that because I'm not a Denver fan, I'm just here to bash Tebow. Misguided minds are what make fans fans. I see it every day on Raider sites. Some people still think Al Davis is good for the game. I laugh at them much harder than some silly Tebow lovers.

Bronx33
09-13-2011, 07:35 PM
The National Enquirer...NFL Network...same thing, I guess.

I also made no mention of the fans seeing him as a novelty. I said the brass. That's slang for the people in charge. The higher-ups. The boss(es). You know. The people whose opinions actually matter.

He's proven an inability, or unwillingness, to correct the worst throwing mechanics ever to grace the NFL stage. That's why he's 3rd string right now.

But, you go right ahead and cling to the idea that because I'm not a Denver fan, I'm just here to bash Tebow. Misguided minds are what make fans fans. I see it every day on Raider sites. Some people still think Al Davis is good for the game. I laugh at them much harder than some silly Tebow lovers.

And yet your parents managed to teach you to shyt in toilet ( over time) or did they?

Dedhed
09-13-2011, 08:01 PM
That's exactly what you're doing, though. Silly speculation based on the misguided notion that Tim Tebow is an NFL QB is pure, undiluted fantasy.

If all Tebow can manage is to continue to do what he did in his first 3 starts, I'll be pretty happy with a top ten offense.

Dedhed
09-13-2011, 08:05 PM
It's far more likely that the score differential would have been much more significant
Like last year when the Orton-led Broncos lost by 45 to the Raiders in Denver, and Tebow led the team in a much more competitive contest in Oakland in his first ever start.

There actually is real evidence you can look at if you leave you Dungeons and Dragons cards alone for a few minutes and deal in reality.