PDA

View Full Version : I told you so...

Yoda
09-13-2011, 12:16 AM
I told it would be a HARD fought game! I thought the Raiders would pull ahead in the 3rd. But your Broncos are scrappers. Biggest difference. The Raiders DL man handling the Broncos OL and McFaddens 154+ yards. Personally, I believe the Raiders left too many points on the field. The Raiders O looks like they still trying to get their legs underneath them.

Raiders have a VERY tough game in Buffalo. Broncos have a winnable game vs the Bengals. See you guys in a couple weeks and we do this again in the black hole! Just win baby!:thumbsup:

SoCalBronco
09-13-2011, 12:19 AM
You've been a good guy the last week. Congrats to your team and thanks for talking real football when you've been here. Obviously, you've earned the right to talk some smack, now. Oakland can do things that are important for winning: running the ball and stopping the run. We'll see what they can do this year, I wouldn't be shocked if they finally make it to the postseason if they can clean up some things. Congrats.

ant1999e
09-13-2011, 12:19 AM
Thanks for being humble. Raiders defensive penalties made it look closer than it was. We sucked.

Agamemnon
09-13-2011, 12:20 AM
Thanks for being humble. Raiders defensive penalties made it look closer than it was. We sucked.

Pretty sure we had a lot of penalties as well...

Yoda
09-13-2011, 12:22 AM
Well McFadden's running was outstanding, what scares me is Campbel's 105 yards passing! Terrible!!!! But divisional games no matter what are usually hard fought.

McDman
09-13-2011, 12:36 AM
I honestly think if it didn't downpour we would've won. The rain played right into your hands by making ti a game that was won on the ground.

Even if we had won that game I would've been pissed, just terrible all around.

Yoda
09-13-2011, 12:50 AM
I honestly think if it didn't downpour we would've won. The rain played right into your hands by making ti a game that was won on the ground.

Wait, are you saying that Mile Highs weather adversely affected the Broncos more than the Raiders. Uh, no.Might of well just say that if it were not for Denver's punt return, the Raiders would have won by a larger margin.

Willynowei
09-13-2011, 12:51 AM
What is this, some type of self gloating feel good thread?

Go **** yourself, Raider fan.

Kaylore
09-13-2011, 12:52 AM

This.

Agamemnon
09-13-2011, 12:52 AM
Wait, are you saying that Mile Highs weather adversely affected the Broncos more than the Raiders. Uh, no.Might of well just say that if it were not for Denver's punt return, the Raiders would have won by a larger margin.

Rain favors running teams. It always has. Not sure what you're arguing here. Rain at Mile High in mild temperature isn't advantageous to the Broncos just because it's at Mile High.

OBF1
09-13-2011, 12:54 AM

Right on man.... Go efff yourself midget yoda.

ant1999e
09-13-2011, 12:54 AM
Rain favors running teams. It always has. Not sure what you're arguing here. Rain at Mile High in mild temperature isn't advantageous to the Broncos just because it's at Mile High.

We lost because we suck. We lost because Orton sucks. Rain or shine.

Yoda
09-13-2011, 12:55 AM
Ok, I guess I can give you that. Either way, I expect the next meeting to be also hard fought.

Agamemnon
09-13-2011, 12:55 AM
We lost because we suck. We lost because Orton sucks. Rain or shine.

This is true. Of all people I'm the last to disagree with the statement "Orton sucks".

Borks147
09-13-2011, 01:01 AM
This is true. Of all people I'm the last to disagree with the statement "Orton sucks".

I was an Orton homer, but no more. Bring in the next guy. For every good throw or smart decision he simply ****s the bed and loses the game. Gah. Done.

Yoda - thanks for not being a douche, congrats on the win.

hambone13
09-13-2011, 01:03 AM
I told it would be a HARD fought game! I thought the Raiders would pull ahead in the 3rd. But your Broncos are scrappers. Biggest difference. The Raiders DL man handling the Broncos OL and McFaddens 154+ yards. Personally, I believe the Raiders left too many points on the field. The Raiders O looks like they still trying to get their legs underneath them.

Raiders have a VERY tough game in Buffalo. Broncos have a winnable game vs the Bengals. See you guys in a couple weeks and we do this again in the black hole! Just win baby!:thumbsup:

Congrats Yoda. I agree with SoCal, you have in fact been classy this last week. You have a lot to be excited about in pure talent, outside the QB position. Both teams left a ton of points on the field. It was one of the sloppiest 1st halves I can remember in a VERY long time. If we didn't have a similar problem with QB talent, I think we win this one on a small margin just because the Faid, in true Silver and Black fashion couldn't control their emotions, into the second half. As we both mentioned throughout the week, the turnovers and special teams were the ultimate deciding factor. Your squads raw power on both lines is scary. I hope you do well enough this year to not keep drafting as high as you have been able to for the last 5 years or so ;-) The last thing I want to see in Oakland is a decent QB. Kudo's to you as you did call it in many ways the way it ultimately turned out.

hambone13
09-13-2011, 01:07 AM

It's embarrassing when a Broncos fan is making excuses like this to a logical Raiders fan. You Sir, frequently represent the ultimate buffoon for any sports team fan.

Yoda
09-13-2011, 01:07 AM
Thanks, you have to respect the rivalry, without it football is boring. I still sting at times over the Floyd Little fumble!!!! I was just kid, but I remember. Miller looks like the real deal, he needs help.

LongDongJohnson
09-13-2011, 01:10 AM
Raiders have a pretty good team but there innefective passing offense and average pass defense will haunt them against real teams. Especially teams with stout run defenses. Raiders will have a shot at the division though.

Doggcow
09-13-2011, 01:11 AM

I was thinking that too. Really forced our weaknesses against their strengths, and none of our strengths against their weaknesses.

Yoda
09-13-2011, 01:12 AM
Raiders have a pretty good team but there innefective passing offense and average pass defense will haunt them against real teams. Especially teams with stout run defenses. Raiders will have a shot at the division though.

Ya, the 105 yards passing is PATHETIC! That needs to be adressed!

wolf754life
to the victor go the spoils...................that was painful, people left early, tebow chants

DB-Freak
I was thinking that too. Really forced our weaknesses against their strengths, and none of our strengths against their weaknesses.

What are our strengths?

ZONA
09-13-2011, 05:37 AM
I don't think either of these teams will do much this season. The Raiders have to run, their passing offense sucks. The Broncos have to pass, their running game sucks. So both offenses are pretty much 1 dimensional which you can get by over weaker teams but the better teams will be all over that.

Very sloppy game I might add. Not just from the rain but the amount of players getting personal fouls because they can't control their emotions was unreal. It got the point where you expected a flag on every play for 1 reason or another. I would have loved for the Broncos to win but honestly, even if they did, I would still say it was not a fun game to watch.

WolfpackGuy
09-13-2011, 06:09 AM
Both teams suck.

Neither team should be pulling their puds over last night's debacle.

Gort
09-13-2011, 06:31 AM

THIS

+1

Gort
09-13-2011, 06:34 AM
What are our strengths?

on offense, we hold pretty well... and we over pursue on defense. so we've got that going for us.

Raider9175
09-13-2011, 06:39 AM
You've been a good guy the last week. Congrats to your team and thanks for talking real football when you've been here. Obviously, you've earned the right to talk some smack, now. Oakland can do things that are important for winning: running the ball and stopping the run. We'll see what they can do this year, I wouldn't be shocked if they finally make it to the postseason if they can clean up some things. Congrats.

How did Doom and Von Miller do against Max Protection- did either one have a sack? Again there is always ways to slow down a pass rush.
Alot OF Bronco fans underestimated Raiders strength on defense- the Dline. Raiders Dline is not one dimential as they can rush the passer and defend the run.

The Broncos have some nice pieces to build their team around but they aren't going to be serious contenders in the division till they upgrade that Dline and the offenseline. Its not rocket science as everyone knows you win in any football league in the trenches.

IM looking forward to the rematch in a couple more weeks and looking forward to see Raiders breaking out there new toys in that one(Kevin Boss ,Taiwan Jones- David Ausberrry- I would have activated this beast instead of the average Brandon Myers)

Good Luck and Goodbye for now captain Obvious signing off.

McDman
09-13-2011, 07:00 AM
How did Doom and Von Miller do against Max Protection- did either one have a sack? Again there is always ways to slow down a pass rush.
Alot OF Bronco fans underestimated Raiders strength on defense- the Dline. Raiders Dline is not one dimential as they can rush the passer and defend the run.

The Broncos have some nice pieces to build their team around but they aren't going to be serious contenders in the division till they upgrade that Dline and the offenseline. Its not rocket science as everyone knows you win in any football league in the trenches.

IM looking forward to the rematch in a couple more weeks and looking forward to see Raiders breaking out there new toys in that one(Kevin Boss ,Taiwan Jones- David Ausberrry- I would have activated this beast instead of the average Brandon Myers)

Good Luck and Goodbye for now captain Obvious signing off.

Doom got hurt early on and Miller was in the backfield plenty of times.

Raider Bill
09-13-2011, 07:13 AM

Playing in Denver is a huge advantage to Denver... at sea level we wouldn't have to sub out our DL as much. Orton completes all those balls with Shaunassey and Houston on the bench.

Raider Bill
09-13-2011, 07:16 AM

Yo So Cal.. how you been?

McDman
09-13-2011, 07:18 AM
Playing in Denver is a huge advantage to Denver... at sea level we wouldn't have to sub out our DL as much. Orton completes all those balls with Shaunassey and Houston on the bench.

Didn't matter how many times you had to sub your line out, they dominated our offensive line about as much as one can be dominated. They won the game for you.

I'd actually say no one deserved to win this game. If either team had been playing a respectful opponent and played like that they'd have gotten destroyed.

Raider Bill
09-13-2011, 07:18 AM

Hugh Jax figured out a way to get those guys blocked, and Denver couldn't block our front 4. That was the difference in this game.

Raider9175
09-13-2011, 07:23 AM

Doom can't defend against the run too small thats why the Broncos used him as a situational pass rusher.(that what he should be used only) So he had his chances rushing the passer. Von Miller and Doom finished with how many sacks again.

McDman
09-13-2011, 07:25 AM
Doom can't defend against the run too small thats why the Broncos used him as a situational pass rusher.(that what he should be used only) So he had his chances rushing the passer. Von Miller and Doom finished with how many sacks again.

No, that is not why we used him as a situational pass rusher. Did you have the sound off on your tv? He hurt his shoulder and they took him out and tried to plug him back in.

He is a solid run defending defensive end.

Raider9175
09-13-2011, 07:33 AM
No, that is not why we used him as a situational pass rusher. Did you have the sound off on your tv? He hurt his shoulder and they took him out and tried to plug him back in.

He is a solid run defending defensive end.

Comeon Dumerville is a great pass rusher(can't deny that) but thats all he is as he a major major liability against the run. We will know when Broncos Dline get good enough, when Dumervile is just a situational pass rusher for them and not a fulltime one. I hope the Broncos use him fulltime at De when they visit the raiders.

Punisher
09-13-2011, 07:39 AM
Didn't you die in Jedi? So I'm guessing there's computers in the Spirit land

ChampJesusBailey
09-13-2011, 07:48 AM

QFT

McDman
09-13-2011, 07:52 AM
Comeon Dumerville is a great pass rusher(can't deny that) but thats all he is as he a major major liability against the run. We will know when Broncos Dline get good enough, when Dumervile is just a situational pass rusher for them and not a fulltime one. I hope the Broncos use him fulltime at De when they visit the raiders.

There is nothing else to say other than your wrong.