PDA

View Full Version : Joe Mays

MileHighMagic
09-12-2011, 11:52 PM
I know we will have enough negative threads around here but this guy is atrocious. He over pursued the whole game. Watch the replays of every big raider run. He is so pathetic.

McDman
09-12-2011, 11:53 PM
I saw on that last Bush run he definitely over pursued.

WABronco
09-12-2011, 11:53 PM
Lol the last run before the 2 minute warning...its like ok Bush is about to run into the entire defense we got this.....then he just skates through the entire defense.

Popps
09-12-2011, 11:54 PM
That's the book on him.

Just keeping my Avatar in homage to the idiot cannonball thread.

Agree, though. He's a back-up caliber MLB.

We've got major problems in run D, though... and that involves much more than just Mays.

ant1999e
After watching the game, this is the thread you start?

bronco militia
woodyard and mays were the dynamic duo of suck tonight....it won't be long before Hagan is starting again

That One Guy
09-12-2011, 11:55 PM
Who was it talking about how bad Mays was throughout the preseason?

Come reap your accolades.

razorwire77
Hideous. The guy pursues players in space like a high school MLB. Literally. Start Irving, do something, but Mays should be a goaline/4th and inches thumper. Nothing more.

McDman
We've got d line problems, o line problems, qb problems, lb problems, and rb problems.

About the only person who played well was Dawkins.

That One Guy
09-12-2011, 11:56 PM
That's the book on him.

We've got major problems in run D, though... and that involves much more than just Mays.

This. QB, OL, DB are all secondary concerns to the front seven not having a presence in the run defense.

Bigdawg26
I agree with this thread 100%! He was horrid in run defense. He couldn't get off blocks and over pursue! Nate Irving anybody!

Dedhed
I was a Mays fan because I liked the physicality he brought to a terribly soft defense, but he was drop dead awful tonight. Ran past every play.

MileHighMagic
09-12-2011, 11:57 PM
After watching the game, this is the thread you start?
Yes, actually. He shouldn't even be rostered let alone be starting in the heart of our defense.

ward63
I think he's just too aggressive. I'd rather have a guy like Haggan that is smart in the middle. Or even Woodyard when DJ gets back.

Dedhed

Miller played very well.

Bigdawg26
09-12-2011, 11:58 PM
We've got d line problems, o line problems, qb problems, lb problems, and rb problems.

I thought Champ had a good game too. I think Bunk did pretty well too! I would love to see him and Ty Warren out there together!

WABronco
09-12-2011, 11:59 PM
I thought Champ had a good game too. I think Bunk did pretty well too! I would love to see him and Ty Warren out there together!

Oh hell ya the ultimate retread combo!

Dr. Broncenstein
09-13-2011, 12:01 AM
The friendly fire is part of the excitement.

maven
09-13-2011, 12:05 AM
I think Bunk did pretty well too! I would love to see him and Ty Warren out there together!

i dunno why but i laughed

DBroncos4life
09-13-2011, 12:09 AM
Can we please bring Lofa Tatupu in now.

SoCalBronco
Gotta hope that Irving can get up to speed relatively soon. Or put Woodyard at Mike when DJ is healthy. Again, it all starts up front...if you've got scrubs at DT, its going to be hard for anyone to succeed at backer.

MrPeepers
champ had a solid game.

MileHighMagic
09-13-2011, 12:14 AM
Gotta hope that Irving can get up to speed relatively soon. Or put Woodyard at Mike when DJ is healthy. Again, it all starts up front...if you've got scrubs at DT, its going to be hard for anyone to succeed at backer.

I agree but he was missing badly when he was unblocked...multiple times.

Dedhed
09-13-2011, 12:18 AM
I agree but he was missing badly when he was unblocked...multiple times.

He completely overran the play on McFadden's big run, and he did the same thing on Bush's first down run to ice the game.

OBF1
09-13-2011, 12:20 AM
Instead of beating a dead horse in Mays, Better take a good look at the entire roster.....

There is not a single, true NFL quality MLB on this squad. No one to replace Mays with.

broncocalijohn
09-13-2011, 12:23 AM
woodyard and mays were the dynamic duo of suck tonight....it won't be long before Hagan is starting again

If we want to talk about over pursue or not getting to the runner at all, where does Goodman fall in that catagory? The McFadden 50 yarder had Goodman looking like he is perfect at the flop and fall.

McDman
09-13-2011, 12:31 AM
If we want to talk about over pursue or not getting to the runner at all, where does Goodman fall in that catagory? The McFadden 50 yarder had Goodman looking like he is perfect at the flop and fall.

Goodman's tackling ability matches Dre Bly's, the only difference is Bly actually made some impact plays at times.

broncocalijohn
09-13-2011, 12:40 AM
Goodman's tackling ability matches Dre Bly's, the only difference is Bly actually made some impact plays at times.

How I tried to get that name out of my head. Then you brought him up. Bly and Boss Bailey are two names I would rather forget.

Hulamau
09-13-2011, 12:49 AM
That's the book on him.

Defense looks like it should be improved over all from last year, would be hard not to be better.. Just hope Doom's chest pull isn't a tear like last year??? :-\ ... but the Dline is still porous we need Ty Warren and Marcus Thomas back, Bunkley was okay but he's only one guy. McBean sucks and was slow all night. Miller is stud but tonight it was mostly the Raider run game which makes his position a bit less valuable.

Though DJ can be inconsistent, we really missed him tonight. JOe Mays is a lug unfortunately. Like a bull in a china shop more likely to blow up our own players as he is the Raiders.

Nevertheless, there are signs of hope for the D if that Dline can gel some and have some injury luck in the weeks ahead.

We MUST find a way to move the ball on first down. Out of 31 total 2nd or 3rd down plays 21 of those needed 10 or more yards for a first!! That is loser territory no matter what else we do, so some real work on that run game and first down game planning is in order. I think that is bound to improve some.

Also use Decker more, hes going to be our go too guy by years end and Im a bit worried about Lloyd's swelling knee so early.

Most of all I was really disappointed in Kyle's play. I expected and hoped he could come out to make a real statement tonight. He did but not the one any of us wanted to see!

He is just uninspiring so often at times when inspiring play is most needed! Its true its not usually all his fault, but it seems he needs a near ideal scenario to excel and that is never a good requirement for your starting QB in this league.

I want to support Kyle but nights like tonight make it really hard too. Lets hope this was just one of those first game suck jobs even decent teams often have in game one??

Anyway, we'll see what happens next week? Maybe it winds up being the Suck for Luck sweepstakes after all but I hope not. The Chiefs think they will now win that lucky spot but in typical Chief fashion they will lose 15 games and still lose that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow to the Colts :-)