PDA

View Full Version : Official Oakland Raiders @ Denver Broncos MNF Game Thread 9.12.11

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]

Broncoman13
09-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Maybe this is the problem... As a fan you've listened to all the negative stuff while the Raiders have built one of the better offenses in the league not just against the stinking donks. We out scored the Saints last season. This is a fact!

Your defense is still soft and your offensive line is horrible!

Meh, the Saints didn't get to play the Denver Broncos twice!

eddie mac
09-13-2011, 10:56 AM
Maybe this is the problem... As a fan you've listened to all the negative stuff while the Raiders have built one of the better offenses in the league not just against the stinking donks. We out scored the Saints last season. This is a fact!

Your defense is still soft and your offensive line is horrible!

Sorry Maxi but Campbell is no ****ing better than Orton. Your OL is crap, you've one stud RB and a decent one, no TE's and **** WR's bar Ford.

You lost 2 of your 3 best offensive players in free agency ffs.

Boltjolt
09-13-2011, 11:31 AM
When Brees was in SD and you had Rivers on the bench, did you not feel frustration when you had the thought that maybe Rivers could pull it off when Brees could not?

I am not comparing Brees to Orton, nor Rivers to Tebow. But we have a first round pick at QB sitting behind a guy with certain physical limits, playing in a game that would have fit the first round QB's talents exactly.

And Tebow is not our 3rd stringer.

:Broncos:

Completely different circumstances.

For starters, many said had McDaniels not had a hardon for Tebow, he was most likely a 4th round pick.

Brees was a good QB when we had him but we knew Rivers eventually would replace him and at no time were the media and our coaches and hometown writers saying how badly Rivers looked in practice and he didnt get beat out by Whitehurst and be 3rd string.

You guys are fickle. Wanted to trade Orton for a high pick and when that wasnt happening, the news that Tebow was looking awful was coming out. Then your happy they kept Orton and now your calling for his head and want Tebow in when you get in the RZ while Quinn is the backup. John Fox just dont roll that way. He sank with Delhomme and thats the way he is.

Did Tebow play well in preseason? I thought he was pretty good but he was playing against backups and guys who didnt make teams who were playing vanilla defenses. You cant take what happens in praseason as a true measure of anything.

Boltjolt
09-13-2011, 11:40 AM
Same reason the Jets would use Brad Smith around the field? To waste great talent on the roster because you want to stick to the "depth chart" is moronic.

Brad Smith has 8 career pass attempts. He was mostly a kick returner who occasionaly got a run play out of the wildcat and was used more as a WR than a rusher. In six years he has 101 rushing attempts and 2 TD's. A far cry from you guys wanting Tebow in everytime you reach the RZ.

Tebow isnt going to return any kicks and isnt going to play any WR. Tebow is a limited player who many said should switch to TE if he couldnt make it as a QB.

Now i can see Tebow being used when your down at the GL like he was used at Florida. But he will get banged up doing that all the time in the NFL. Its just rare to see QB's doing that. In fact, you dont see it.

DontBeMessin
09-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Thought Miller played well with what he was ASKED to do (missed tackle aside), but I think Allen asked him to do the wrong ****.

Not following? Explain please...

TheReverend
09-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Not following? Explain please...

Allen had him running into the backfield almost every play.

And almost every play all that did was remove a defender for Oakland to block en route to chunks of yardage on the ground.

Should be focusing on letting him play within a disciplined, solid defensive structure before trying to get cute.

DontBeMessin
09-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Allen had him running into the backfield almost every play.

And almost every play all that did was remove a defender for Oakland to block en route to chunks of yardage on the ground.

Should be focusing on letting him play within a disciplined, solid defensive structure before trying to get cute.

I didn't see that... I saw him trying to shoot gaps though. He did was he was supposed to I thought. I could be wrong, but he wasn't supposed to blitz every down - was he?

Where was Elvis Dumervil? Did he even play?

Ugly Duck
09-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Where was Elvis Dumervil? Did he even play?

Dumervil is the Chaz Schielins of Denver. Great player, but can't stay on the field. Missed all of last season, gimped around the field last night, questionable for Game 2..... sound familiar?