PDA

View Full Version : Keys to the Game and Prediction

SoCalBronco
09-11-2011, 10:49 PM
OFFENSE

1. Orange Julius has a great matchup against Kamerion Wimbley or Quentin Groves. Wimbley is really a 3-4 OLB type, not a 4-3 cover OLB and Groves is even bigger. These are definitely not your traditional cover LB's. I think this is a tremendous matchup for Denver and we need to exploit it, especially on PA. There's no way either of these guys can stay with a fleet footed guy like Thomas. What he'll need to do, however, is show the strength to get off the line, because they're going to try and rough him up at the line and that could be a problem. Using motion and lining him up off the LOS could help.

2. Exploit DeMarcus Van Dyke. He's got straight line speed, but stiff hips and its not hard to get seperation against him. This is where Denver's superiority at WR will come in handy. You've got to use formations to force Oakland to use its Nickel defenses. I think Decker could be huge in a matchup like this.

3. Running against Oakland will be difficult considering the interior of our line will likely not control Tommy Kelly or Richard Seymour. We're going to have to manufacture some runs, somehow, though. Perhaps taking advantage of their aggressiveness through traps and runs using fold blocks, rather than traditional leads or IZ/OZ plays, or draws.

DEFENSE

1. Eight man fronts to contain the run when they're in a two back formation, preferably a 46 style front where the center and both guards are covered by linemen, since we're weaker against the inside run with our DT's than the outside run. Force them outside with the design of the front. Clog up the inside to protect the DT's.

2. Switch to zone defenses when we're spread out by Oakland. Oakland is well aware of how thin we are at CB. I'm sure they're going to try and formation guys like Louis Murphy and Ford onto our nickel and dime corners (Vaughn etc.). We've got to make sure we stay out of man to man against 3 and 4 WR formations, because they WILL find a good matchup. Preferably, the zone would be a three deep zone with four underneath, so that even if they go 4 wide, or 3 wide with 1 TE, we'll still have 1 more defender in the box than they have blockers, while at the same time staying out of man to man.

3. When we get Oakland into 3rd and medium/long passing situations, bring a 3 deep 3 underneath zone blitz, that will allow us to rush both Dumervil and Miller, while still having 6 zone defenders in space with their eyes on the ball to make tackles against potential screens. The screen I'm most worried about is not necessarily to a reciever, but rather to McFadden. McFadden in space scares me. We're going to have to have a response to Oakland throwing screens to the backs and throwing 3 step drops to beat the pressure.

PREDICTION: Denver 24, Oakland 16.

Oakland's lost a good deal of talent since last season. I think our pass rush is good for 4 sacks in this game. I'm not impressed by Oakland's OT's, I think they're going to get straight up raped by VonDoom. Ofcourse, Denver will have to counter Oakland's response to our rush, namely going to the quick game, throwing screens, or throwing to the backs on safe throws. If we can just keep the run game under control we'll be able to hold them in check most of the night. Denver will manufacture some points in the passing game and we should be able to hold them off.

What are your keys to the game and you prediction?

broncocalijohn
09-11-2011, 10:54 PM
From Socal,
"1. Eight man fronts to contain the run when they're in a two back formation, preferably a 46 style front where the center and both guards are covered by linemen, since we're weaker against the inside run with our DT's than the outside run. Force them outside with the design of the front. Clog up the inside to protect the DT's. "

Screen passes scare me. Add their running game that will challenge us from the get go. They need to know what are we made of a year later. If this has some success, play action will be worked in. With a decent running game now and some healthy guys on the Oline, I like our chances with our offense. Orton doesnt have to carry the team with his arm with McGahee and Moreno in the backfield. Solve the rushing defense and I think we pull this one out. PRESSURE, PRESSURE and more PRESSURE on obvious passing plays. Stuff it on first down is a big key for our defense. want to see 2nd and 3rd and long all night.

If this happens: Denver wins 23 to 20.
If not, Raiders win 34 to 19. I would love to say 34-21 at least but our red zone problems might show up and we kick 4 field goals.

McDman
09-11-2011, 10:57 PM
It seems our DEs have trouble recognizing the screen, I think they're going to abuse us with it.

Garcia Bronco
09-11-2011, 11:02 PM
If Fox doesn't understand this is a rivalry game, then he needs to be fired now. Lose all season( but don't lose to Oakland.

KO5K
09-11-2011, 11:05 PM
Anyone know the starting DTs?

Bunkley and Vickerson?

NUB
09-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Looks like a sloppy matchup where whoever runs best will win unless one/both of the QBs catches fire. Oakland's pass-defense should still be very strong, and, of course, so is Denver's. The difference between the two teams is run-defense. I'm almost certain teams are gonna run through Denver's middle all-day, all-season this year.

Denver does have home-field and it is a home-opener, both typically big advantages... However, the game is at night, on a Monday, both being where Denver has a penchant for embarrassing itself or losing on final-play type games. I think the two cancel each other out.

The homer in me has Denver winning because Campbell sucks and VonDoom will pass-rush them into oblivion; the realist in me has Oakland winning because Denver has cans and journeymen holding up the run-defense. Also, while Campbell sucks, Russell sucks even worse and we ended up paying for about half his paycheck's worth of work.

Homer: Denver comes out hot with Orton passing all over the field and a blistering defense permanently keeping Oakland on their heels. We semi-rout the Raiders in steamy, hot vengeance, 24-10, doing better than the score suggests.

Realist: Denver comes out hot, but peters out in the second half where Oakland's running controls the game. Game is close at half-time, but ends with Oakland winning 24-14 with the 2nd-half being especially depressing.

broncocalijohn
09-11-2011, 11:19 PM
If Fox doesn't understand this is a rivalry game, then he needs to be fired now. Lose all season( but don't lose to Oakland.

I am going to say that I think the players will need to play just a tad. Good observation though.

Maximus
09-11-2011, 11:45 PM
OFFENSE

2. Exploit DeMarcus Van Dyke. He's got straight line speed, but stiff hips and its not hard to get seperation against him. This is where Denver's superiority at WR will come in handy. You've got to use formations to force Oakland to use its Nickel defenses. I think Decker could be huge in a matchup like this.

It's readily apparent that you have no knowledge of what's going on with your opponent. First Michael Huff will be moved to nickle CB, DVD will not see the field in the slot position. Second Nobody has separated from DVD. His problem is not playing the ball and turning his head with the WR. Louis Murphy isn't scheduled to play until week 2

When we're in 2 back formation you have to remember that we have a hybrid FB/WR in the backfield who will out run any safety. I'm talking about Marcel Reece all of our backs catch the ball really well. Stacking the box plays into campbells dink and dunk nature. Plus it's going to leave 1 on 1 coverage with Ford, Moore, Schilens, Hagen or even DHB

Archer81
09-11-2011, 11:56 PM
Offense: Score points.
Defense: Dont let them score points.

There ya go.

:Broncos:

Ratboy
09-12-2011, 12:01 AM
Stopping McFadden is the key to winning this game.

Pseudofool
09-12-2011, 12:08 AM
1) Line backer and safety tackling. It's a given the Raiders running game will get past our dline unit, keeping the first and second down rush to under four yards is essential.

2) Moreno. Let's see this guy earn his draft slot. The Oline is young but might be okay. With the Raiders dline we'll need the feature back to make some plays.

3) Special teams. Win the kicking game. Don't need to be flashy here, but avoid the big mistake.

I think the team is a lot tighter and will be more productive than many believe: 23-10, with a late Oakland touchdown. If we don't dominate this game, we're in for a long, unwatchable season.

OBF1
09-12-2011, 02:17 AM
After the 2 beatings Oakland handed us last year.... I just do not see enough improvement combined with Oakland losing enough for us to get over the hump. Been to too many oakland at Denver games including MNF blizzard game which we lost to be confident about this one. The other issue is that our fans are not what they used to be, too many corporate types that would rather talk to each other, talk to friends on the cell phone and too many fans asking other fans to sit down and be quite to have any sort of home field advantage.

That said, Oakland 31 denver 23

FireFly
09-12-2011, 05:42 AM
I've got money riding on the Broncos so hopefully my wishful thinking will help...

RhymesayersDU
09-12-2011, 05:46 AM
http://th02.deviantart.net/fs26/PRE/f/2008/041/d/0/My_Prediction__Pain_background_by_kingofank.jpg

RhymesayersDU
09-12-2011, 05:47 AM
The other issue is that our fans are not what they used to be, too many corporate types that would rather talk to each other, talk to friends on the cell phone and too many fans asking other fans to sit down and be quite to have any sort of home field advantage.

LOL

WolfpackGuy
09-12-2011, 06:01 AM
Just keep the clutch situations out of Orton's hands.

Denver 21
Oakland 13

jhns
09-12-2011, 06:17 AM
Easy win.

Rock Chalk
09-12-2011, 06:23 AM
Just keep the clutch situations out of Orton's hands.

Denver 21
Oakland 13

Id rather put clutch situations on Orton. It's up to him to improve in that area. If the Broncos have ANY chance at success, they will require Orton to make improvements on 3rd down and the red zone. Now hopefully the team can help him out and not put him in 3rd and 8 and 3rd and 10 situations and we find ourselves in manageable down and distance but there are going to be times when it is 3rd and long and Orton has to improve there no doubt about it. Red zone efficiency will increase if we have the threat of a run game down there. We did not have that at all last year. If there is still no legitimate threat of the run in the red zone we are going to struggle again. It's that way with all but maybe 2 or 3 QBs in the NFL.

Kaylore
09-12-2011, 06:24 AM
Raiders had the worst scoring offense and second worst scoring defense of preseason. Raider fans will say "Well its preseason!" Well the worst scoring defense was the Chiefs and they were at home yesterday. They are also banged up. Color me optimistic, but I don't think their issues are just "vanilla scheme" during the preseason.

montrose
09-12-2011, 06:27 AM
Damn, after reading SoCal's post I was starting to feel optimistic but then I remembered...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_hdpvLdXVq7o/TSeZH73rmpI/AAAAAAAAAC0/1de4L-GlpZw/s1600/kyle-orton.jpg

In all seriousness I think the key is that the game cannot be close. Denver is not setup to win close games, they cant stop the run and have a QB whose production drops significantly when under pressure (literally and more importantly- figuratively). If the Broncos can score 10-14 points on their 1st 3 possesions I think they can turn their pass rush loose and win the game quite easily, but if they get out to a slow start or goodness forbid get down early (as I suspect)- it'll be a long night.

Key to the game: Stopping the screen pass

Prediction: Oakland 34, Denver 17
Game isnt at close as score indicates as Orton puts up numbers in garbage time.

TonyR
09-12-2011, 06:31 AM
Prediction: Oakland 34, Denver 17
Game isnt at close as score indicates as Orton puts up numbers in garbage time.

Wow, your cup of optimism overfloweth.

Rock Chalk
09-12-2011, 06:32 AM

He cant get laid, what's there to be optimistic about?

stopgap
09-12-2011, 06:33 AM

He doesn't spend munnies on whores?

Rock Chalk
09-12-2011, 06:35 AM

I dont know what he spends his money on. Just giving Taj Mahal a hard time is all.

Ray Finkle
09-12-2011, 06:44 AM
Orton ****s the bed, half Bronco's nation heads explode screaming for Tebow to go in the game....

Raiders 24- Denver 7

WolfpackGuy
09-12-2011, 06:47 AM
Wow, even I think they can pull this one out tonight in spite of Orton.

You guys are harsh.

LOL

TonyR
09-12-2011, 06:51 AM
Everyone wants to lay the fate of the Broncos at Orton's feet but if we can't run the football or stop the run he's really not the thing we need to be concerned about. Those failures exacerbate his mediocrity, the same mediocrity you'll hardly notice if we can do those things reasonably well.

Rock Chalk
09-12-2011, 06:53 AM
Hogwash, Orton is the root of all our problems.

montrose
09-12-2011, 06:54 AM

Well hopefully I'm wrong.

I'm engaged, so yeah fun times over. Lol

I'm about 15k under the poverty level, got no money for that.

I dont know what he spends his money on. Just giving Taj Mahal a hard time is all.

Love you too, and if I'm ever lonely I can just call Joe Mama. :wiggle:

Kaylore
09-12-2011, 06:55 AM
half Bronco's nation heads explode screaming for Tebow to go in the game....

This happens even when Orton plays well.

Rock Chalk
09-12-2011, 06:56 AM
Well hopefully I'm wrong.

I'm engaged, so yeah fun times over. Lol

I'm about 15k under the poverty level, got no money for that.

Love you too, and if I'm ever lonely I can just call Joe Mama. :wiggle:

So I was right, you cant get laid.

Is that family smack?

JCMElway
09-12-2011, 06:59 AM
The nice part is that Louis Murphy is out for this game....

Ray Finkle
09-12-2011, 07:00 AM

damn you and your quick goat thinking!

TheReverend
09-12-2011, 07:03 AM

Link? ;D

vonqkilla
09-12-2011, 08:04 AM
I like us - 10.

Good teams are spanking bad ones early this year. Our depth sucks, but our 1s are gonna be better tonite.

I look for the Raiders to force Orton to beat them by run blitzing, and he does. Same for us, but diff is our pass rush and dbs shut down the raider pass attack.

Broncos 34
Raiders 16

alkemical
09-12-2011, 08:11 AM
OFFENSE

1. Orange Julius has a great matchup against Kamerion Wimbley or Quentin Groves. Wimbley is really a 3-4 OLB type, not a 4-3 cover OLB and Groves is even bigger. These are definitely not your traditional cover LB's. I think this is a tremendous matchup for Denver and we need to exploit it, especially on PA. There's no way either of these guys can stay with a fleet footed guy like Thomas. What he'll need to do, however, is show the strength to get off the line, because they're going to try and rough him up at the line and that could be a problem. Using motion and lining him up off the LOS could help.

3. Running against Oakland will be difficult considering the interior of our line will likely not control Tommy Kelly or Richard Seymour. We're going to have to manufacture some runs, somehow, though. Perhaps taking advantage of their aggressiveness through traps and runs using fold blocks, rather than traditional leads or IZ/OZ plays, or draws.

DEFENSE

1. Eight man fronts to contain the run when they're in a two back formation, preferably a 46 style front where the center and both guards are covered by linemen, since we're weaker against the inside run with our DT's than the outside run. Force them outside with the design of the front. Clog up the inside to protect the DT's.

2. Switch to zone defenses when we're spread out by Oakland. Oakland is well aware of how thin we are at CB. I'm sure they're going to try and formation guys like Louis Murphy and Ford onto our nickel and dime corners (Vaughn etc.). We've got to make sure we stay out of man to man against 3 and 4 WR formations, because they WILL find a good matchup. Preferably, the zone would be a three deep zone with four underneath, so that even if they go 4 wide, or 3 wide with 1 TE, we'll still have 1 more defender in the box than they have blockers, while at the same time staying out of man to man.

3. When we get Oakland into 3rd and medium/long passing situations, bring a 3 deep 3 underneath zone blitz, that will allow us to rush both Dumervil and Miller, while still having 6 zone defenders in space with their eyes on the ball to make tackles against potential screens. The screen I'm most worried about is not necessarily to a reciever, but rather to McFadden. McFadden in space scares me. We're going to have to have a response to Oakland throwing screens to the backs and throwing 3 step drops to beat the pressure.

Oakland's lost a good deal of talent since last season. I think our pass rush is good for 4 sacks in this game. I'm not impressed by Oakland's OT's, I think they're going to get straight up raped by VonDoom. Ofcourse, Denver will have to counter Oakland's response to our rush, namely going to the quick game, throwing screens, or throwing to the backs on safe throws. If we can just keep the run game under control we'll be able to hold them in check most of the night. Denver will manufacture some points in the passing game and we should be able to hold them off.

I don't see anything about Bowlen in here....

Ray Finkle
09-12-2011, 08:23 AM
I don't see anything about Bowlen in here....

give him time.....

Pony Boy
09-12-2011, 08:36 AM
Anyone else in this boat? I use to get all excited about getting together with a group of friends and watching the game but now I watch the games all by myself. I set in front of the 52" big screen all alone because I don't want to hear any my friends b****ing about how bad we are. Even my wife has learned to crack open the door and slide a tray of snacks in the room and my dog stays out in the yard. I will call Doc B a few times during the game to see how he's doing. Wow how I wish for the good old days.

Ray Finkle
09-12-2011, 08:39 AM
Anyone else in this boat? I use to get all excited about getting together with a group of friends and watching the game but now I watch the games all by myself. I set in front of the 52" big screen all alone because I don't want to hear any my friends b****ing about how bad we are. Even my wife has learned to crack open the door and slide a tray of snacks in the room and my dog stays out in the yard. I will call Doc B a few times during the game to see how he's doing. Wow how I wish for the good old days.

yep....pretty much the same here.

Chris
09-12-2011, 08:50 AM

Howard Hughes much batman?

Mediator12
09-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Mistakes, mistakes, mistakes.

There was some real solid football played THU, but yesterday was about losing teams making critical errors with the game on the line. I just finished watching about 80% of the games on shortcuts and taking notes and the teams who lost gave games away, they did not have teams take it from them.

I think playing at home, playing conservatively on offense, and having a revised defensive scheme should benefit DEN tonight. Unless they hand this game to the Raiders, like KC did to BUF yesterday, its a close game. We all KNOW OAK will make a bunch of errors, but Will DEN turn those into TD's or suck in the red Zone again?

No predictions, this is rivalry game and no rules apply. However, I like our chances with the way the Raiders have looked with mistakes, attrition, and a stupid mentality ;D

Rigs11
09-12-2011, 08:55 AM
orton leads a rout of the raiders.Tebownites keep crying that he throws to much to Lloyd.

Broncos 28
Raiders 13

Kaylore
09-12-2011, 08:56 AM
No predictions, this is rivalry game and no rules apply. However, I like our chances with the way the Raiders have looked with mistakes, attrition, and a stupid mentality ;D

And they smell bad!

Raider9175
09-12-2011, 08:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUXsLXQu1GQ&feature=player_embedded

I hope this isn't someone posting on here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUXsLXQu1GQ&feature=player_embedded

Mediator12
09-12-2011, 09:04 AM

I hope this isn't someone posting on here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUXsLXQu1GQ&feature=player_embedded

Not watching that crap. Anyone who starts analysis with a freaking Horses head hat on is summarily dismissed.

Kaylore
09-12-2011, 09:05 AM

http://youtu.be/lVJTJpfknSc

Raider9175
09-12-2011, 09:11 AM
Raiders had the worst scoring offense and second worst scoring defense of preseason. Raider fans will say "Well its preseason!" Well the worst scoring defense was the Chiefs and they were at home yesterday. They are also banged up. Color me optimistic, but I don't think their issues are just "vanilla scheme" during the preseason.

Okay Sherlock when you don't have D Mcfadden, Jacoby Ford, Chaz Schilens, louis Murphy and etc in the lineup your talking about just a little diffrent offensive firepower. (wouldn't you say)

Now on the defense - Raiders are starting 10 out of 11 same players on defense that they started in 2010. N Asomugha obviously a big loss) but you do know he didn't play at all in the raiders blowout of the Broncos. So your seeing the same defense that you saw in 2010. BIg Loss is MIke Mitchell was in alot of their defensive packages. That will be filled by Jerome Boyd.

NOw why you can't take preseason defense stats seriously. With no offseason Raiders had to get their young players some experience. Those young guys played alot in the preseason but won't see anywhere close to the playing time in regular season. I rather see DVD playing the nickel than Huff. Hisx skills seem more suited to playing inside.

Raider9175
09-12-2011, 10:16 AM
OFFENSE

DEFENSE

1. Your right Groves can't stay with the Te not because the Te is faster but because he has no instincts for LB poisition. Guys alot slower than him play alot faster than him. Here is a video demonstating just how fast Groves is. http://www.nfl.com/videos/oakland-raiders/09000d5d82027574/Reece-challenges-Groves-to-40-yard-dash

With Mike Mitchell out that task will fall on Jerome Boyd- and ss Tyvon Branch will be asked to cover the Te.

2 Vandyke will see action defintely in their dime package and I rather him be the nickel CB. His coverage wasn't bad in preseason but he never turned for the ball. Playing inside i think his skills are better suited for

3. Raiders Dline is one of the best defending the run. Can you run on the Raiders. Probably because the raiders LB corp isn't always wherev they suppose to be(IE Groves) That leaves Raiders suspectible to one or two big runs a game.

On defense -
.Here is what your missing when raiders ill go to two backs.

Raiders will move one OF those Rbs/Fb outside right before the snap. Looking for a LB or safety to have to cover them. Thats a big mismatch. (thats going to take someone out of the box) Von Miller better not get over agressive because Raiders will run alot of reverses and if he overpursues he could get burntt badly.

2. I hope Broncos go to zone thats going to make those screens/ dump off passes that more effective to Raiders Rb's(Mcfadden and T Jones) + Fb marcel reece. Raiders have a chance to go along way on those plays. Reason being say what you like about Raiders oline but they are very mobile and they thrive on getting out to the second level. Watch the Tape of the blowout and see how far down the field Raiders olineman are blocking on some of those long plays.

3. Raiders have so much speed at the skill positions . A jacoby Ford or Denarius Moore can take a quick slant and beat that kind of coverage . NOt to mention Raiders have some Tes that are going to be matchup problems for Broncos 6'4 245 4.47 David Ausberry and Te R Gordon 6'4 265 4.64 . Some nice big targets for campbell to find.

Can Broncos win this game . Sure but they are going to have to limit the Raiders to fieldgoals instead of touchdowns. The more fieldgoals Raiders score instead of Tds the better chance Broncos have to steal this one.

TheReverend
09-12-2011, 10:58 AM
I'm struggling to think of a worse rival fan poster than Raider9175...

Little help?

bronco militia
09-12-2011, 11:01 AM
no turnovers...keep the raiders out of the endzone

that is all

Rock Chalk
09-12-2011, 11:05 AM

that is all

We need to get in the end zone too.

We've lost games keeping teams out of the end zone (remember the opening day against the Rams? Never forget "Predator" and that roughing the kicker penalty in their own endzone at the end of the game).

Smiling Assassin27
09-12-2011, 11:05 AM
1. we need to start running the ball again and make that our identity. run attempts will be key.

2. turnover margin. we win it, we win it.

3. make the raiders offense one dimensional, then tee off on the qb.

4. special teams/kick coverage.

bronco militia
09-12-2011, 11:06 AM
We need to get in the end zone too.

We've lost games keeping teams out of the end zone (remember the opening day against the Rams? Never forget "Predator" and that roughing the kicker penalty in their own endzone at the end of the game).

thanks again Jake Plummer

Ha!

alkemical
09-12-2011, 11:07 AM

that is all

Score more points?

broncosteven
09-12-2011, 11:07 AM

This guy is the definition of a mouth breather. I think it is a raider fan in disguise.

Smiling Assassin27
09-12-2011, 11:08 AM
Score more points?

you and your darn 'mathematics'...

bronco militia
09-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Score more points?

Raider fans are confused....

Rock Chalk
09-12-2011, 11:12 AM
thanks again Jake Plummer

Ha!

Yeah, not his best game but IIRC Lelie screwed us on a bomb and didn't even try to play defender on an underthrown pass and despite having a bad game we would have had a chance to win that if PRedator doesnt get that roughing the kicker penalty.

Plummer had very poor first games of the season. Even when the team went 13-3 I dont remember that being a good start.

alkemical
09-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Raider fans are confused....

Of course they are.

But the key to winning the game, is to score more points. :D

broncosteven
09-12-2011, 11:17 AM
We have a good enough secondary where we can pull off a 46 front and stack the line to keep the run game in check, the 1st team did well vs the run in PS.

I think we confuse Campbell into a turnover or 2 at the LOS by all the shifting presnap. From what I read here Fox worked on creating turnovers with the D during TC.

I think it may take our O a couple drives to get going but the key will be if we can get any semblance of a run game going. I would love to see Orton connecting to Thomas, Oakland doesn't have anyone who could matchup on him. Then there is the CiDtL option which should be good for a couple D stretching plays tonight.

If Denver can keep it close they find a way to win tonight,

I am going somewhere around the 20-16 24-19 Denver wins range.

Eldorado
09-12-2011, 11:23 AM
I'm struggling to think of a worse rival fan poster than Raider9175...

Little help?

:drawingblank:

I feel like there is a chugger fan who is horrifically bad, but I'm struggling to remember. Just have to wait tell chuggers week to see.

bronco militia
09-12-2011, 11:25 AM
:drawingblank:

I feel like there is a chugger fan who is horrifically bad, but I'm struggling to remember. Just have to wait tell chuggers week to see.

you'll have your pick then......(looks at fans with raider gear under their chargers gear)

broncosteven
09-12-2011, 11:29 AM
1. Your right Groves can't stay with the Te not because the Te is faster but because he has no instincts for LB poisition. Guys alot slower than him play alot faster than him. Here is a video demonstating just how fast Groves is. http://www.nfl.com/videos/oakland-raiders/09000d5d82027574/Reece-challenges-Groves-to-40-yard-dash

With Mike Mitchell out that task will fall on Jerome Boyd- and ss Tyvon Branch will be asked to cover the Te.

2 Vandyke will see action defintely in their dime package and I rather him be the nickel CB. His coverage wasn't bad in preseason but he never turned for the ball. Playing inside i think his skills are better suited for

3. Raiders Dline is one of the best defending the run. Can you run on the Raiders. Probably because the raiders LB corp isn't always wherev they suppose to be(IE Groves) That leaves Raiders suspectible to one or two big runs a game.

On defense -

Raiders will move one OF those Rbs/Fb outside right before the snap. Looking for a LB or safety to have to cover them. Thats a big mismatch. (thats going to take someone out of the box) Von Miller better not get over agressive because Raiders will run alot of reverses and if he overpursues he could get burntt badly.

2. I hope Broncos go to zone thats going to make those screens/ dump off passes that more effective to Raiders Rb's(Mcfadden and T Jones) + Fb marcel reece. Raiders have a chance to go along way on those plays. Reason being say what you like about Raiders oline but they are very mobile and they thrive on getting out to the second level. Watch the Tape of the blowout and see how far down the field Raiders olineman are blocking on some of those long plays.

3. Raiders have so much speed at the skill positions . A jacoby Ford or Denarius Moore can take a quick slant and beat that kind of coverage . NOt to mention Raiders have some Tes that are going to be matchup problems for Broncos 6'4 245 4.47 David Ausberry and Te R Gordon 6'4 265 4.64 . Some nice big targets for campbell to find.

Can Broncos win this game . Sure but they are going to have to limit the Raiders to fieldgoals instead of touchdowns. The more fieldgoals Raiders score instead of Tds the better chance Broncos have to steal this one.

If Denver goes up 2 scores will you be sipping your PurpleDrank or does that start before kickoff?

Mountain Bronco
09-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Stop the run, stop the run, stop the run. Seriously, we have to stop their running game. Jason Campbell is not a good QB, so if we can either get them down two scores or stuff their running game and put the game in his hands, we should win this game.

However, if their running game is even mildly successful, we loose this game.

On Offense, we need balance. 30+ runs (130 total yards) , 25 passes (270 total yards) and no turnovers. Good production on 1st downs to keep the game out of Orton's hands because he is not effective in 3rd and long situations.

Pretty basic football stuff really.

Broncos 27 Raiders 21

Steve Sewell
09-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Alright let me shift gears here a little bit. What is God's role in this? Obviously, he's rooting for the Broncos.

Otherwise, he wouldn't have put Tebow in Denver.

Now did God create the Broncos, and make them superior to all other teams, or is he simply a huge fan, and Tebow made them superior to all other teams?

That's a tough one. Either way:

Mini-Broncos 74, Raiders 2 (mercy punt snap safety...Tebow is not mini)

Raider9175
09-12-2011, 11:40 AM
If Denver goes up 2 scores will you be sipping your PurpleDrank or does that start before kickoff?

No Raiders will have a chance still to come back and win the game. Too much fireepower Raiders are going to unleash on the Broncos tonight. This time I hope the raiders don't pull back in the fourth quarter. Instead of 45 minutes of football , unleash 6o minutes of Hell on Broncos. Investo Field- Raiders home away from home.

tebowisdabomb
09-12-2011, 11:46 AM
59-7 Raiders

lol

No seriously

Raiders 24
Donks 10

Requiem
09-12-2011, 11:55 AM
(1) The Run Game, Trenches and Time Management:

A heavy dose of Knowshon Moreno and Willis McGahee. Denver needs to come out running the ball. Run on first downs, run when it is close. A strong running game will help in the passing game, and should be beneficial in being able to establish some quality PA. It has to be established to help Orton make plays, because I am fearful he cannot make them on his own.

In conjunction with the aforementioned, Denver's biggest worry this game is in the trenches -- on both sides of the ball. Can our defensive front seven keep from wearing down against the duo of McFadden and Bush? Can our youthful offensive line battle Richard Seymour and Co.? If we can win the battle at the L.O.S., we should easily win this game. If we struggle to run the ball or stop the run, we are toast.

Last but not least, establishing the run will help with clock management, allowing our defense to be fresh and keeping McFadden and Bush off the field, which is probably the best idea for a team that is missing a few components on an already average defensive front seven.

(2) Pressure Via Edge Rush and Blitzes

If the Broncos can hold their own in the running game, it'll force the Raiders to have to pass the ball to win. I like our odds, but expect to see a lot of zone coverage to help defend against the Raiders speedy receivers. If we can create third and longs, I will Dumervil and Miller will be best poise to attack off the edge and put the quarterback in a precarious situation. I am really excited to see what Allen does with coverage schemes tonight and how our players fit with it. He had a great stable of defensive backs (didn't really show against Rodgers) with the Saints and they caused a lot of turnovers.

(3) Special Teams Integrity:

Everyone thought that the new kicking rules would stop returns from happening in the NFL. False. There were a half a dozen games yesterday with huge returns on both kickoffs and punt returns. Denver needs to make sure that they win the battle of starting field position and don't give Oakland any short fields. Jacoby Ford is dangerous in space and is fast and shifty. We can not allow any points on special teams.

I expect the Broncos to win this game. The team has been completely transformed again and owes it to the fans to produce a good result after the past half decade of being mediocre. Losing to Oakland is unacceptable. I expect Moreno to have a great game and think that Decker and Thomas could really surprise and be used favorably tonight.

I have Denver winning by 10, 27 to 17.

Maximus
09-12-2011, 12:04 PM
According to history... we will continue our dominance of the donks. Why all the hype, this isn't a real rivalry. If we were playing the Chiefs I could understand the hype. Hell It will take the donks 10 straight years of sweeps just to pull even in the series.

Raiders 28
Donkey's 10

Dedhed
09-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Prediction: Orton's role in the game will be dramatically overstated whether we win or lose.

bronco militia
09-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Prediction: Orton's role in the game will be dramatically overstated whether we win or lose.

that's why they pay him the big bucks

Rock Chalk
09-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Prediction: Orton's role in the game will be dramatically overstated if we lose and completely marginalized if we win.

Fixed your post.

TheReverend
09-12-2011, 12:26 PM
Fixed your post.

Poor 9 millionaire...

OBF1
09-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Tebow will score a TD, bank on it.

Steve Sewell
09-12-2011, 12:30 PM

On defense -

Oh lawdy... did kindergarten have a half day today there in Oakland again?

broncosteven
09-12-2011, 12:41 PM
(1) ...
(2) Pressure Via Edge Rush and Blitzes

If the Broncos can hold their own in the running game, it'll force the Raiders to have to pass the ball to win. I like our odds, but expect to see a lot of zone coverage to help defend against the Raiders speedy receivers. If we can create third and longs, I will Dumervil and Miller will be best poise to attack off the edge and put the quarterback in a precarious situation. I am really excited to see what Allen does with coverage schemes tonight and how our players fit with it. He had a great stable of defensive backs (didn't really show against Rodgers) with the Saints and they caused a lot of turnovers.

I think Ayers will be big in the run game setting the edge then he has Mays behind him who's good vs the rush. Can Ayers read screen and get off his block and disrupt remains to be seen.

I like our chances vs the Raiders run. I am hoping the butt-raiders get down 2 scores and Al Davis calls down and orders Hue to chuck the ball deep.

Rock Chalk
09-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Poor 9 millionaire...

Touche

bloodsunday
09-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Mistakes, mistakes, mistakes.

There was some real solid football played THU, but yesterday was about losing teams making critical errors with the game on the line. I just finished watching about 80% of the games on shortcuts and taking notes and the teams who lost gave games away, they did not have teams take it from them.

I think playing at home, playing conservatively on offense, and having a revised defensive scheme should benefit DEN tonight. Unless they hand this game to the Raiders, like KC did to BUF yesterday, its a close game. We all KNOW OAK will make a bunch of errors, but Will DEN turn those into TD's or suck in the red Zone again?

Dallas Cowboys anyone? Brutal to watch them throw away such a big game. They drew the worst opening weekend match up (with 9/11 and all that goes with it) and they had that game won. Worse, they don't have Wade to blame.

As for tonight's game. I agree with your assessment mostly. Keep it simple, limit mistakes (penalties, turnovers, special teams gaffs, blown coverages) and stop the run and Denver should have a great chance in this one. I think Denver wins a game that is closer on paper than on the score board: 27 - 17 good guys.

broncocalijohn
09-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Tebow will score a TD, bank on it.

Only way I dont see it is if Fox gives Orton a couple games to prove he can score in the red zone. I think they have kept Tebw out of any special packages this preseason for the element of surprise. I personally hope that Orton can finally do well in the red zone now that he has two healthy and good backs. My dream is for Tebow to throw and run one TD each as he comes in for mop up duty in the 4th quarter when we are up 35 to 7.

Play2win
09-12-2011, 03:45 PM
1. Throw the ball to Brandon Lloyd.

NFLBRONCO
09-12-2011, 03:58 PM
Limit big plays from Oakland
Keep the ball and score td's (Keep track team on sideline)
No injuries
Our O must find some big plays