PDA

View Full Version : Amobe Okoye

UberBroncoMan
09-11-2011, 12:55 PM
...is making us look pretty stupid for not claiming him off waivers and choosing to go the cheap and try to sign him one year vs a team like Chicago. Great preseason and extremely solid first game so far.

Ray Finkle
09-11-2011, 12:58 PM
...is making us look pretty stupid for not claiming him off waivers and choosing to go the cheap and try to sign him one year vs a team like Chicago. Great preseason and extremely solid first game so far.

He was a FA.....you couldn't claim him

UberBroncoMan
09-11-2011, 01:00 PM

Oh,

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-waive-defensive-tackle-Okoye-receiver-2079411.php

was going by what I read on here and others that said he was on waivers because his contract was 5 years as a 1st rounder, not 4.

Ray Finkle
09-11-2011, 01:11 PM
No, he visited a few teams and Denver did try to bring him in.....

TheReverend
09-11-2011, 01:13 PM

He was a FA... AFTER he cleared waivers.

cutthemdown
09-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Fail thread. Broncos tried to get a few different guys in and a lot were not interested. As we rebuild and get better we will get more and more yes answers from players. Stop thinking anyone on the board really knows what is going on with the front office.

WolfpackGuy
09-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Why would he have signed with Denver unless it was for more money than the Bears (or anyone else) offered?

UberBroncoMan
09-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Fail thread. Broncos tried to get a few different guys in and a lot were not interested. As we rebuild and get better we will get more and more yes answers from players. Stop thinking anyone on the board really knows what is going on with the front office.

My point is that we could have claimed him off waivers, and had the 24 year old DT on our squad for the year. Instead we (and all the other teams) let him through, after which he became an FA and thus out of reach. Naturally he was going to go to a 4-3 team like Chicago which is packed at D-Line, which will amplify his own talent and make him bank as a FA at the end of the year.

White Dragon
09-11-2011, 01:29 PM
My point is that we could have claimed him off waivers, and had the 24 year old DT on our squad for the year. Instead we (and all the other teams) let him through, after which he became an FA and thus out of reach. Naturally he was going to go to a 4-3 team like Chicago which is packed at D-Line, which will amplify his own talent and make him bank as a FA at the end of the year.

He never hit waivers. The new CBA makes it so only players in their 4th year or less go on waivers, the rest go straight through as free agents.

rugbythug
09-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Everyone looked good that game. Give it a season.

OBF1
09-11-2011, 01:36 PM
He never hit waivers. The new CBA makes it so only players in their 4th year or less go on waivers, the rest go straight through as free agents.

Let him continue to fail, please stop throwing facts at the original poster please ROFL!

theAPAOps5
09-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Facts....... they are worthless when throwing a hissy fit!

Kaylore
09-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Yeah that was stupid. On a side note, Cutler played well and Scheffler scored for his team! YEAH! :wave:

broncos-rock
09-11-2011, 01:52 PM
I think we should have gave them a 6th rounder for him! I think we should throw one to them for steve slaton.

UberBroncoMan
09-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Let him continue to fail, please stop throwing facts at the original poster please ROFL!

Facts....... they are worthless when throwing a hissy fit!

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=99100

I'll stop taking anything I glance on this forum as reality. You guys really are a-holes at times. Not everyone spends 10 hours a day on this forum keeping up to date with CBA rules and other ****.

Archer81
09-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Good for Okoye.

If he does the same against Denver, then I'll worry about it.

:Broncos:

theAPAOps5
09-11-2011, 02:04 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=99100

I'll stop taking anything I glance on this forum as reality. You guys really are a-holes at times. Not everyone spends 10 hours a day on this forum keeping up to date with CBA rules and other ****.

Awww did we hurt your wittle feelings. Hilarious!

SoCalBronco
09-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Yeah that was stupid. On a side note, Cutler played well and Scheffler scored for his team! YEAH! :wave:

:strong:

UberBroncoMan
09-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Awww did we hurt your wittle feelings. Hilarious!

Nah, your ******ry just never ceases to amaze me. Besides facts are worthless, right, right, right.

White Dragon
09-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Nah, your ******ry just never ceases to amaze me. Besides facts are worthless, right, right, right.

I don't understand why everyone is piling on you for making a simple mistake. Under the old CBA it was 6 years, so it's a rather simple mistake to make.

I know I joined awhile ago, but just recently started posting regularly and there really are some a-holes here.

TheReverend
09-11-2011, 02:49 PM

Crap. True.

Repped you and Ray for being right.

WABronco
09-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Kids are mad!

theAPAOps5
09-11-2011, 02:50 PM

I am trying to figure out the censored word. That could become a good game.

I can't speak for everyone but I was just busting your balls an poking fun at your hissy fit thread. Doesn't reflect on you personally.

And to the new old guy, shut it! ^5

I am kidding there too. Don't get upset, ok guys. Want to hug?

TheReverend
09-11-2011, 02:51 PM
I am trying to figure out the censored word. That could become a good game.

I can't speak for everyone but I was just busting your balls an poking fun at your hissy fit thread. Doesn't reflect on you personally.

And to the new old guy, shut it! ^5

I am kidding there too. Don't get upset, ok guys. Want to hug?

phaggotry

theAPAOps5
09-11-2011, 02:52 PM
phaggotry

ah, thanks!

WABronco
09-11-2011, 02:53 PM
You guys are just so damn antagonizing! Jimmy thinks he's showed everyone on here what's what then you guys all just gang up on him. Goodness gracious!

Ray Finkle
09-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Crap. True.

Repped you and Ray for being right.

Framing this post :D

BroncoLover
09-11-2011, 03:15 PM
I don't understand why everyone is piling on you for making a simple mistake. Under the old CBA it was 6 years, so it's a rather simple mistake to make.

I know I joined awhile ago, but just recently started posting regularly and there really are some a-holes here.

People like you show, number of posts doesn't matter. People who have 20k and 80k posts on this board just try to throw down everyone because they post here often. Thanks for coming to someone's defense and shutting some of the iditios on this board down.

Kaylore
09-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Well if he never was waived and we brought him in, I am not surprised. Of course he went to Chicago. He's on a great defense with great defensive coaching.

BroncoLover

You are a bigger fail, and not the thread.

Ray Finkle
White Dragon,
that's just the nature of the board, there are some A-holes but there are a lot of smart asses....Take Kaylore, you can't believe anything he posts....save maybe his man-love for Kuper :D

theAPAOps5
09-11-2011, 03:20 PM
People like you show, number of posts doesn't matter. People who have 20k and 80k posts on this board just try to throw down everyone because they post here often. Thanks for coming to someone's defense and shutting some of the iditios on this board down.

You should go back to Broncos Country. If this thread offends you then you won't be long for this site.

Grow a pair man, no one is being serious.

McDman
09-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Sensing a the makings of an epic thread?

theAPAOps5
09-11-2011, 03:23 PM
White Dragon,
that's just the nature of the board, there are some A-holes but there are a lot of smart asses....Take Kaylore, you can't believe anything he posts....save maybe his man-love for Kuper :D

Yeah you can't trust those Mormons. They are bad people.

BroncoLover
09-11-2011, 03:28 PM
You should go back to Broncos Country. If this thread offends you then you won't be long for this site.

Grow a pair man, no one is being serious.

If you point out the obvious you are advised to leave the Mane.. LOL , Oh.. i checked now, you are one of those 20k posts guy. So it hit you somewhere. Hilarious!

Kaylore
09-11-2011, 03:28 PM
White Dragon,

It is a universal constant.

Ray Finkle
09-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Yeah you can't trust those Mormons. They are bad people.

Yeah, I hear they beat baby seals for fun and profit!

theAPAOps5
09-11-2011, 03:34 PM
If you point out the obvious you are advised to leave the Mane.. LOL , Oh.. i checked now, you are one of those 20k posts guy. So it hit you somewhere. Hilarious!

No, I don't want anyone to leave. You are just complaining a lot about the exiting members. Just pointing out you should go to Broncos Country if you can't handle a few smart asses. ^5:egbgb:

theAPAOps5
09-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Yeah, I hear they beat baby seals for fun and profit!

And they don't drink caffeine but own Pepsi! :spit:

White Dragon
09-11-2011, 03:38 PM
No, I don't want anyone to leave. You are just complaining a lot about the exiting members. Just pointing out you should go to Broncos Country if you can't handle a few smart asses. ^5:egbgb:

Honestly, sarcasm doesn't bother me even a little, in fact, that's how I live.

I used to be over at BC, and I really did like it there, but Al banned me for BS and that's actually why I've taken shelter over here now.

One thing I do wish people would do when being sarcastic is throw in an emoticon or something to indicate it, it's hard to decipher through simple text on a screen.

BroncoLover
09-11-2011, 03:44 PM

I used to be over at BC, and I really did like it there, but Al banned me for BS and that's actually why I've taken shelter over here now.

One thing I do wish people would do when being sarcastic is throw in an emoticon or something to indicate it, it's hard to decipher through simple text on a screen.

You are on fire , I like your posts. Roll on with your posts, loving them

theAPAOps5
09-11-2011, 03:47 PM

That is a fair request. Glad you posted some level headed ideas rather than just complain without solutions like BroncoLover (she sure likes to complain).

BroncoLover
09-11-2011, 03:51 PM
That is a fair request. Glad you posted some level headed ideas rather than just complain without solutions like BroncoLover (she sure likes to complain).

If you post day in and day out.. and have 20k posts, you should know how to post in a level headed manner. If you want advice i can do so, But i have seen lot of them dont like that either. So i just pointed the obvious. I dont have anything against you. You like broncos and i do as well. So take it easy and enjoy the season. But give everyone there space and just dont make fun because someone is new here. Which lot of them here like to do. Sarcasam is fair and if something is wrong, pointing that out is awesome. But not all the time. Good luck for a good season, let rock it tomorrow night. I have seen some good posts by you.. keep up the good work.

theAPAOps5
09-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Ok BroncoLover I will take that as a truce. Go Broncos, I will be there so I hope it is great and not at all like last year. It won't be though, Broncos are going to be much improved.

Ray Finkle
09-11-2011, 05:51 PM

After a while you get an idea whose who.....and dont trust Kaylore with your women or Socal with Dorsey jerseys...

broncosteven
09-11-2011, 05:57 PM

They are probably the same ones who blindly followed mCd.