PDA

View Full Version : My take for Monday Night and yes I am a Raiders fan.

Pages : 1 [2]

Popcorn Sutton
09-08-2011, 03:11 PM
:clown:

You're just being bitter.

Why can't it happen, because a bunch of message board General Managers say so?

IT CAN HAPPEN.

Just not with Moss.... LOL

Kaylore
09-08-2011, 03:41 PM
:clown:

You're just being bitter.

Why can't it happen, because a bunch of message board General Managers say so?

Maybe it can! Maybe Moss can turn it on with the right team. It happened with Brandon Lloyd here in Denver. I would say those guys are the exception and not the rule, and given what we saw out of Moss, his fragility, his work ethic, and his poor conditioning, we are extremely skeptical. But or course the possibility is always there. Broncos fans see it as an unlikelihood because as a group we have gotten to know him well.

By the way, we felt the same way about Javon Walker and Ashley Lelie. There was no sadness when they became Raiders on our end.

Yoda
09-08-2011, 05:05 PM
This is an amazingly civil and entertaining thread. It's baffling that a Raiders fan started it. Rep Yoda, very classy given the fan base you choose to surround yourself with. Your OP is spot on. I'm terrified of any team that can run the ball. I can't make a call on this one. It's going to be tight.

Well, every fan base has their ignorant A$$holes. Like I have said before, I have following the Raiders for 30+ years, I was a youngster and my dad a blue collar worker. There is no weakness in acknowledging an enemies strengths. I would like nothing better than for the Raiders steam roll the Broncos again, but the reality is that this game will close, I believe Raiders pull away because the Offense has been it's system longer than the Broncos have been in theirs.

Yoda
09-08-2011, 05:08 PM
My prediction:

Mile High will be CRAZY loud.

The Raiders decide to go to their roots and "keep it real" and rack up double digit penalties, including several personal fouls.

Broncos jump to a 14-0 lead in the first quarter, one of those scores is off a short field from an early turnover by the Raiders.

Oakland is forced to play catch up with the passing game and gets schooled by Von Miller and Elvis Dumerville.

Final Score: Broncos 31, Chokeland 14.

Uh.................no

Yoda
09-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Jarvis Moss is only used after the opposing OL has been softened up be starting DL and there a sizable lead. JM is very one dimensional.

Yoda
09-08-2011, 05:23 PM
raiders will get Von Doomed

Broncos to get McFlatten....we could do this all day. Let's stick to the match ups.

Gort
09-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Uh.................no

i asked Zoltar and he says you'll be crying in your appletini by the end of the night on monday.

http://knuckleballsblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/zoltar.jpg

Yoda
09-08-2011, 05:36 PM
i asked Zoltar and he says you'll be crying in your appletini by the end of the night on monday.

http://knuckleballsblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/zoltar.jpg

Ya.....uh......is the Mile High air thinner tan usual these days?

Hamrob
09-08-2011, 06:06 PM
This is John Elways' team now!

Broncos 31
Faiders 13

I do not believe that the Fade can keep us from scoring less than 3 TD's and we kick a few fg's.

I like how this game is set up. Monday night football at home on Monday nigt after getting blown out last year.

This is a Denver win....and it will be a big win!

Yoda
09-08-2011, 06:16 PM

Broncos 31
Faiders 13

I do not believe that the Fade can keep us from scoring less than 3 TD's and we kick a few fg's.

I like how this game is set up. Monday night football at home on Monday nigt after getting blown out last year.

The Raiders cannot keep the Broncos scoring.....hmmm.....in the past two meetings the Raiders out scored the Broncos something like 98 to 34. Yes, it was last year, you can't put too much weight on it, but you can't completely disregard it.

montrose
09-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Reasons for optimisim:
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/247/776/122324512_display_image.jpg?1314776271

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/199/826/121136043_display_image.jpg?1313599776

http://media.mlive.com/lions_impact/photo/9219363-large.jpg

Reasons for pessimism:
http://pictures.replayphotos.com/images/BRON/md/denver-broncos-photo-store-setup-automatically-imported-denver-broncos-at-cincinnati-bengals-august-15-20-bron-pss-auto-00031md.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Andre+Goodman+Detroit+Lions+v+Denver+Broncos+PkO7K b9GUJFl.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4085/5015719129_f28c9d88ff_m.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2010/writers/ross_tucker/08/25/tebow.orton/kyle-orton.jpg

Gort
09-08-2011, 06:44 PM

Broncos 31
Faiders 13

the Raiders might not be able to stop the Broncos from scoring, but Orton can. i hope Prater gets properly warmed up... he'll get 4 or 5 FG chances in this game.

Tim
09-08-2011, 06:50 PM
it'll be a good game, hopefully fox has a good gameplan on defending screens and getting to campbell.

Raider Bill
09-08-2011, 07:01 PM
A couple of big plays to our WRs (no Nnamdi) will be the gamebreakers for us though so I expect it to be close but we'll win out.

3 of the top 6 corners in the league in "burn percentage" were on the Raiders last year. 2 of them are still with the team. Stanford Routt was tied with Nnamdi despite being targeted 3x as much

According to Stats Inc., four AFC West cornerbacks -- including three Oakland Raiders -- were among the top six cornerbacks in the NFL in “burn” percentage rates (minimum of 20 targets).

BURN PERCENTAGE
Player Team Targets Completions Yards TDs Burn pct. Pass def.
1. Darrelle Revis Jets 56 19 340 4 33.9 10
2. Terrence McGee Bills 21 8 88 1 38.1 2
3. Stanford Routt Raiders 99 39 635 5 39.4 13
3. Nnamdi Asomugha Raiders 33 13 205 0 39.4 6
5. Brandon Carr Chiefs 108 43 758 6 39.8 25
6. Chris Johnson Raiders 42 17 288 3 40.5 9

Yoda
09-08-2011, 07:06 PM
3 of the top 6 corners in the league in "burn percentage" were on the Raiders last year. 2 of them are still with the team. Stanford Routt was tied with Nnamdi despite being targeted 3x as much

Outstanding point! I gave seen these stats. For the most part, most the Broncos fans believe the Raiders will just roll over. Not going to happen.Btw....missing from this list....Bailey.

broncocalijohn
09-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Jarvis Moss is only used after the opposing OL has been softened up be starting DL and there a sizable lead. JM is very one dimensional.

JM sucks and does it straight ahead. One dimensional suckness. But, he does it like nobody else. As he said last year, "Thank God he is a Raiders."

Yoda
09-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Well, I have said he is one dimensional. If the D is relying on him, the Raiders are in trouble. He is only used occasionally on D and mainly on ST.

Dedhed
09-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Good god, is that really Al these days?

Raider Bill
09-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Had to go back 16 years... LOL LOL

You're acting like the denver defensive staff last year was the be all and end all of talent evaluation.... we did hang 100 points and 1000 yards on that D.

Yoda
09-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Good god, is that really Al these days?

The man is 80+ yrs old!

Dedhed
09-08-2011, 08:25 PM
The man is 80+ yrs old!

And I bet he can afford a hat.

Bronx33
09-08-2011, 08:35 PM
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/7522/crazyal.jpg

Really there's some weird **** going on with those fingers.

Popcorn Sutton
09-08-2011, 09:08 PM
You're acting like the denver defensive staff last year was the be all and end all of talent evaluation.... we did hang 100 points and 1000 yards on that D.

What is it with you guys and staying on topic? The topic was Raiders success or lackthereof with reviving careers of free agents like "Jarvis Moss".

Chris
09-08-2011, 10:04 PM
The man is 80+ yrs old!

I don't know any grandpas that look like that. Seriously he's got some sort of condition.

Bronco Yoda
09-08-2011, 10:13 PM
The man is 80+ yrs old!

Change your name Raider fan. Would a mod here kindly help him with this.

Thanks

Yoda
09-08-2011, 10:19 PM
Change your name Raider fan. Would a mod here kindly help him with this.

Thanks

Let's have a light saber fight over the right to the name or a simple bet, Broncos win I change my name, Raiders win, you change your name.

Raider Bill
09-09-2011, 06:58 AM
What is it with you guys and staying on topic? The topic was Raiders success or lackthereof with reviving careers of free agents like "Jarvis Moss".

I didn't change the subject.

It was pointed out that if the donkey coaches were unable to get anything out of the guy, then it was entirely out of the realm of possibility that he could revive his career elsewehre.

I was just pointing out that these same coaches who determined the guy couldn't play, or couldn't find a role for him got 98 points and 1000 yards hung on them by the Raiders.

TheReverend
09-09-2011, 07:09 AM
I didn't change the subject.

It was pointed out that if the donkey coaches were unable to get anything out of the guy, then it was entirely out of the realm of possibility that he could revive his career elsewehre.

I was just pointing out that these same coaches who determined the guy couldn't play, or couldn't find a role for him got 98 points and 1000 yards hung on them by the Raiders.

Annnnnnd the other one was 21-7 vs Oak.

Look, no one is claiming "if our coaches couldn't no one can!" (Especially for a DE), people ARE claiming that Jarvis can't though. Not because of the coaches.. Because of HIM

Steve Sewell
09-09-2011, 07:18 AM
I've never read anything as dumb as what this guy attempts to write.

I think my 1st grader could write more coherently than this faider fan.

Kaylore
09-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Annnnnnd the other one was 21-7 vs Oak.

Look, no one is claiming "if our coaches couldn't no one can!" (Especially for a DE), people ARE claiming that Jarvis can't though. Not because of the coaches.. Because of HIM

Exactly. Bill, you're taking this the wrong way. We aren't attacking the Fade's history of working with cast-offs from other teams. Nor are we ripping on your coaching staff's ability to develop talent. We're telling you Jarvis Moss sucks balls. That's all!

TheReverend
09-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Exactly. Bill, you're taking this the wrong way. We aren't attacking the Fade's history of working with cast-offs from other teams. Nor are we ripping on your coaching staff's ability to develop talent. We're telling you Jarvis Moss sucks balls. That's all!

Truer words...

theAPAOps5
09-09-2011, 12:56 PM
He really sucks balls. I mean REALLY. SUCKS. BALLS.

Balls..... he sucks them

seriously.

Gort
09-09-2011, 01:05 PM
He really sucks balls. I mean REALLY. SUCKS. BALLS.

Balls..... he sucks them

seriously.

http://media.lehighvalleylive.com/entertainment-general_impact/photo/9977422-large.jpg

RAIDERCZAR
09-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Long time,no talk folks. Hope everyone had a good offseason. Now back to being enemies.

Another Raider fan's $0.02:

First off, my concerns.

Entire right side of our O-Line: I have serious reservations of Satele at Center, Cooper Carlisle at RG, and Khalif Barnes at RT. For this particular game, we may be able to get by with Satele and Carlisle, but Barnes at RT worries me. He's still adjusting to the right side and has so far been the drive killer for us in pre-season with numerous false start penalties. On the road playing on opening night at The Diaphragm, I'm praying he doesn't kill too many drives by putting us into long down and distance situations.

When we do get into those long down and distance situations, Dumerville and Miller at DE worry me. Both guys are outstanding pass rushers.

Defensively, I don't know what to expect with Bresnhahan as the new DC. So far, the team has struggled to pick up the new terminology and the lockout didn't help. Reports are that lately the team is getting better with every practice, but the jury is still out.

Our CB starters are more than adequate in Routt and Johnson but after that, I'm worried. I don't know who we plan to play in the nickle and and quite frankly, non of the options are very appealing. 3rd round pick DVD (Van Dyke) was in his opponents back pocket all pre-season long, but still hasn't learned how to look for the ball when it's in the air. If he ever figures that out, he has great potential to be a good one. Until then, he's a liability. Lito Shepard looked decent, but they cut him. Really hoping the plan is bringing him back after the deadline for vested vets so his contract isn't guaranteed for the entire season.

Our OLB's leave a lot to be desired. They're good in the run game when they can get their hands on the RB's, big strong tacklers, but have struggled with gap discipline (Groves more than anyone). They're also a potential liability in the passing game when out in space due to the size and lack of lateral quickness.

What I do like:

Our RB position is absolutely LOADED. Reports are saying that McFadden looks even better than last year, which is hard to imagine because he was an absolute beast in 2010. Bush is also in great shape for the first time in his career (contract year). Taiwan Jones looks like Chris Johnson (TEN) re-incarnated. At FB, Reece may be average at best as a blocker, but is phenomenal as a receiver (can actually run away from DBs). Everyone of these guys are outstanding pass catchers and Al Saunders brings the same screen expertise that made the Chefs and Priest Holmes one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL back in their day.

Jason Campbell, so far has looked much improved over last year. He's picked up where he left as he got better every week down the stretch. He looks comfortable and quicker in his decision making. He's not going to be a world beater, but I expect him to be in the low 90's in QB rating, which would be the best we've had at the position since Gannon.

Our WR's: For the first time in nearly a decade, I am cautiously optimistic of our WR's. My main concern is not the talent per say, only that I am worried politics might keep our better WR's from seeing the field as much as they should. Hue Jackson has insisted that draft position will play no part in deciding who plays and who sits, that mantra will be put to the test if DHB is seeing more reps than guys like Jacoby Ford, Denerious Moore, and Derek Hagan. If those 3 see significant playing time, I'm loving our chances at really being an explosive offense.

Our D-Line: One thing that will make Chuck Bresnahan look better than he really is our D-Line. This is the best group we've assembled in many many many years. Houston and Shaunnesey are an excellent pair of all around DE's as they play the run and pass equally well. Kelly is in great shape again and looking to continue his great performance from last year, and Seymour is a man among boys and damn near unblockable almost every snap. We also have great depth in Henderson and Bryant at DT and excellent passing situation DE's in Trevor Scott and Wimbley.

Rolando McClain is also said to be in much better shape (leaner and quicker) and looking significantly better than he did last year, where he was rock solid as a rookie.

My prediction for the game: Broncos are going to be fired up to prove last year's games are history. They will be playing with a lot of energy and the Raiders better not come out nervous early or they will give the Broncos a chance to get a lead.

I don't see that happening though as our D-Line will be fresh and too much to handle across the board for your O-Line. I see our DT's wreaking havoc on the interior of your O-Line.

Offensively, if our WR's are Ford, Hagan, and Moore, I really don't think your D has any idea of what is about to hit them. I expect to see our RB's going off again vs your banged up middle with a nice collection of screens thrown in the mix as well. That will set up playaction to Ford who is not only fast as ****, but can catch and knows what to do with the ball when he does.

When all is said and done, the energy, the better coaching staff, the revenge from last year will taper off when the Raiders physicality and speed wears the Broncos down.

Raiders win despite some defensive struggles:

Oakland 42
Denver 27

Bet the over!!!

RAIDERCZAR
09-09-2011, 01:12 PM
In regards to Jarvis Moss, he's a bubble player that has looked better for us than he did in Denver (which isn't saying much). I was not impressed when we signed him, but I have to say in the few opportunities he's had, he's flashed enough times for me not to be in a rush to cut him at least. He's exceeded my rock bottom expectations.

Bottom line...he's a 3rd string passing down DE, no more no less. Definitely not worthy of any discussion this game though as the only time he is likely to see the field is in pre-game warmups.

Ugly Duck
09-09-2011, 01:27 PM
my concerns: Entire right side of our O-Line.

What I do like: Our RB position is absolutely LOADED.

ESPN has a different take on this stuff. They give Denver the edge at RB and Oakland the edge at OL. Apparently, they figure that Moreno & McGahee are so much better than McFadden & Bush that they will do better even behind what they say is an inferior line.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/scouting?gameId=310912007&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2fscouting%3fgameId%3d310912007

Kaylore
09-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Long time,no talk folks. Hope everyone had a good offseason. Now back to being enemies.

First off, my concerns.

Entire right side of our O-Line: I have serious reservations of Satele at Center, Cooper Carlisle at RG, and Khalif Barnes at RT. For this particular game, we may be able to get by with Satele and Carlisle, but Barnes at RT worries me. He's still adjusting to the right side and has so far been the drive killer for us in pre-season with numerous false start penalties. On the road playing on opening night at The Diaphragm, I'm praying he doesn't kill too many drives by putting us into long down and distance situations.

When we do get into those long down and distance situations, Dumerville and Miller at DE worry me. Both guys are outstanding pass rushers.

Defensively, I don't know what to expect with Bresnhahan as the new DC. So far, the team has struggled to pick up the new terminology and the lockout didn't help. Reports are that lately the team is getting better with every practice, but the jury is still out.

Our CB starters are more than adequate in Routt and Johnson but after that, I'm worried. I don't know who we plan to play in the nickle and and quite frankly, non of the options are very appealing. 3rd round pick DVD (Van Dyke) was in his opponents back pocket all pre-season long, but still hasn't learned how to look for the ball when it's in the air. If he ever figures that out, he has great potential to be a good one. Until then, he's a liability. Lito Shepard looked decent, but they cut him. Really hoping the plan is bringing him back after the deadline for vested vets so his contract isn't guaranteed for the entire season.

Our OLB's leave a lot to be desired. They're good in the run game when they can get their hands on the RB's, big strong tacklers, but have struggled with gap discipline (Groves more than anyone). They're also a potential liability in the passing game when out in space due to the size and lack of lateral quickness.

What I do like:

Our RB position is absolutely LOADED. Reports are saying that McFadden looks even better than last year, which is hard to imagine because he was an absolute beast in 2010. Bush is also in great shape for the first time in his career (contract year). Taiwan Jones looks like Chris Johnson (TEN) re-incarnated. At FB, Reece may be average at best as a blocker, but is phenomenal as a receiver (can actually run away from DBs). Everyone of these guys are outstanding pass catchers and Al Saunders brings the same screen expertise that made the Chefs and Priest Holmes one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL back in their day.

Jason Campbell, so far has looked much improved over last year. He's picked up where he left as he got better every week down the stretch. He looks comfortable and quicker in his decision making. He's not going to be a world beater, but I expect him to be in the low 90's in QB rating, which would be the best we've had at the position since Gannon.

Our WR's: For the first time in nearly a decade, I am cautiously optimistic of our WR's. My main concern is not the talent per say, only that I am worried politics might keep our better WR's from seeing the field as much as they should. Hue Jackson has insisted that draft position will play no part in deciding who plays and who sits, that mantra will be put to the test if DHB is seeing more reps than guys like Jacoby Ford, Denerious Moore, and Derek Hagan. If those 3 see significant playing time, I'm loving our chances at really being an explosive offense.

Our D-Line: One thing that will make Chuck Bresnahan look better than he really is our D-Line. This is the best group we've assembled in many many many years. Houston and Shaunnesey are an excellent pair of all around DE's as they play the run and pass equally well. Kelly is in great shape again and looking to continue his great performance from last year, and Seymour is a man among boys and damn near unblockable almost every snap. We also have great depth in Henderson and Bryant at DT and excellent passing situation DE's in Trevor Scott and Wimbley.

Rolando McClain is also said to be in much better shape (leaner and quicker) and looking significantly better than he did last year, where he was rock solid as a rookie.

My prediction for the game: Broncos are going to be fired up to prove last year's games are history. They will be playing with a lot of energy and the Raiders better not come out nervous early or they will give the Broncos a chance to get a lead.

I don't see that happening though as our D-Line will be fresh and too much to handle across the board for your O-Line. I see our DT's wreaking havoc on the interior of your O-Line.

Offensively, if our WR's are Ford, Hagan, and Moore, I really don't think your D has any idea of what is about to hit them. I expect to see our RB's going off again vs your banged up middle with a nice collection of screens thrown in the mix as well. That will set up playaction to Ford who is not only fast as ****, but can catch and knows what to do with the ball when he does.

When all is said and done, the energy, the better coaching staff, the revenge from last year will taper off when the Raiders physicality and speed wears the Broncos down.

Raiders win despite some defensive struggles:

Oakland 42
Denver 27

Bet the over!!!

Not a bad take.

You're going to lose.

:)

MileHighMagic
09-09-2011, 01:32 PM
- The Raiders have lost 11 straight prime-time games, seven of them on Monday night.

- Darren McFadden, legs fresh after a carry-less preseason, has faced the Broncos six career times. He's averaged an otherworldly 6.16 yards per carry with six touchdowns

Ugly Duck
09-09-2011, 01:47 PM
- Raiders ran the ball for 592 yards vs Denver in the last two games

- Denver has lotsa injuries on the DL

- ESPN gives Denver the edge at RB for Monday night's game

Kaylore
09-09-2011, 01:55 PM
- Raiders ran the ball for 592 yards vs Denver in the last two games

- Denver has lotsa injuries on the DL

- ESPN gives Denver the edge at RB for Monday night's game

- Raiders lost Miller and Kevin Boss missed practice again today.

- Raiders have lost Nnamdi at corner and Chris Johnson has groin pull.

- Raiders have lotsa injuries at receiver

- Al Davis accidentally ate a scab that fell off his scalp while eating his Wheaties.

- The Broncos haven't lost a home opener in ten years and have lost 3 going back to 1984.

- Raiders are made of poo.

We'll win.

RAIDERCZAR
09-09-2011, 01:55 PM
ESPN has a different take on this stuff. They give Denver the edge at RB and Oakland the edge at OL. Apparently, they figure that Moreno & McGahee are so much better than McFadden & Bush that they will do better even behind what they say is an inferior line.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/scouting?gameId=310912007&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2fscouting%3fgameId%3d310912007

Hilarious! LOL

RAIDERCZAR
09-09-2011, 02:09 PM
- Raiders lost Miller and Kevin Boss missed practice again today.

- Raiders have lost Nnamdi at corner

- Raiders have lotsa injuries at receiver

- Al Davis accidentally ate a scab that fell off his scalp while eating his Wheaties.

- The Broncos haven't lost a home opener in ten years and have lost 3 going back to 1984.

- Raiders are made of poo.

We'll win.

- Boss won't really be needed until week 3. We don't need him to win this game.

- Losing Nnamdi sucks bigtime, but we still handled you guys and other teams last year without him.

- There are a couple of injuries at WR, but none to our best 3 (Ford, Moore, Hagan). In this case, injuries could be a blessing as it gives these guys more of shot to grab onto starting roles.

- Unless your home opener history is planning on tackling folks, it's not going to help much.

- Pat Bowlen wears lingerie under his fur coats.

We dominate

Ugly Duck
09-09-2011, 02:57 PM
- Raiders have lost Nnamdi at corner and Chris Johnson has groin pull.

We'll win.

- Nnamdi didn't even play when Oakland beat Denver 59-14 last game at PileHigh.

- Chris Johnson sat out the preseason, but will play on Monday.

Chronic
09-09-2011, 02:59 PM
. They give Denver the edge at RB

LOL

Lol

Thats extremely funny

Really? The #2 rushing team in the NFL with McFadden, Bush and Tiawan Jones?

Drugs are dangerous

Ugly Duck
09-09-2011, 03:02 PM
LOL

Lol

Thats extremely funny

Really? The #2 rushing team in the NFL with McFadden, Bush and Tiawan Jones?

Drugs are dangerous

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/1091/asdfsdffds.gif

broncocalijohn
09-09-2011, 03:13 PM
Raiders have a good backfield and we are suspect at defending the Run and didnt do enough to upgrade that weakness. I believe if they can't run effeciently Monday Night, we will clobber Campbell.

Bronco Yoda
09-09-2011, 03:14 PM

I'd take McFadden & Bush over Moreno & McGahee any day of the week. We're going to see just where we stand in our run defense.

broncosteven
09-09-2011, 03:51 PM

First off, my concerns.
... Al Saunders brings the same screen expertise that made the Chefs and Priest Holmes one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL back in their day.

Thanks for the legible post and good scouting report on the Butt-pirates.

I hope you guys get the Chicago bear version of Al Saunders. I recently rewatched a Bronco/SD game from when he was the SD HC, I had forgot how bad he was as an HC.

You are talking about Jason Campbell, seriously Jason Campbell.

For every catch one of your favorite 3 WR's makes Heyward-bust will have at least 2 drops!

The biggest thing the Broncos have going for them coming into this game (and season for that matter) is that we don't have mCd as our HC. For that reason alone I bet this will become a much lower scoring game and very winnable for Denver.

Everyone here knows Oakland will try to bring the screen and pound the ball, I am optimistic (which is usually hard for me to be) that Fox will have the team ready vs the run, I am not sure our LB's will be able to cover in the passing game but you don't have a TE that strikes fear into me so other than Ayers not being able to read a screen play I think we will be OK there.

Old Dude
09-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Everyone's been talking about how Denver is going to get screen-passed to death this year.

Maybe so, I don't know.

But there is a big difference between using the screen strategy because your opponent is especially vulnerable to it - - versus using it because you can't deal with their pass rush.

In the first case, you're exploiting a weakness. In the second, you're basically giving up on your downfield passing game and allowing the defense to dictate your game.

We've been on the wrong side of that equation a few times and we've learned that screens don't work that well if that's all you can really do.

Chronic
09-09-2011, 04:25 PM
The biggest thing the Broncos have going for them coming into this game (and season for that matter) is that we don't have mCd as our HC. .

McD didnt have anything to do with the horrible tackling by the Broncos last year

Really tho'.. you guys suck tackling, cant run the ball, cant block

Lets not try and pretend to blame everything on boy wonder here

Broncos talent is very well below the avg bar

RAIDERCZAR
09-09-2011, 04:43 PM
You are talking about Jason Campbell, seriously Jason Campbell.

Yes, I can't believe I am saying it, but yes. That Jason Campbell. If you look at his career, he's been a mid-80's QB rating kind of a guy. In other words, an average NFL starter.

His main fault (mechanically at least) is his longer wind up when he throws (similar to Kerry Collins). Like Collins, the only way he can have success in the NFL with this throwing motion to know where to throw and make his decisions quicker. So far, in pre-season he looks to be doing just that.

It's one of the first things that jumped out at me. He's stepping back, going through his progressions much quicker and delivering the ball where it needs to go. He's also made a big jump in completion percentage this pre-season (over 70%) compared to 59% last year.

Also, let's not forget this is the first time in his NFL career he is playing in the same offense two years in a row. The only signifigant change he's had in the system is the hiring of Al Saunders who has experience with back in Washington.

I'm not saying he's going to the Pro Bowl mind you, just saying he's ripe to have the best season of his career and the best we've had since Gannon (which isn't saying a whole lot cause our QB's have been horrendous)

For every catch one of your favorite 3 WR's makes Heyward-bust will have at least 2 drops!

Thanks for that, that's my biggest fear. He shouldn't even be on the field. DHB does has some value and has improved each year (from $hit). He just needs to be utlized properly. The team needs to stop using him like Randy Moss and use him more like T.O. He's much better on the shorter routes and getting YAC than he is trying to locate and find the ball downfield, where he is atrocious.

Still, he should be 6th on the depth chart and will likely play more than he should due to Al's stubborness.

The biggest thing the Broncos have going for them coming into this game (and season for that matter) is that we don't have mCd as our HC. For that reason alone I bet this will become a much lower scoring game and very winnable for Denver.

Everyone here knows Oakland will try to bring the screen and pound the ball, I am optimistic (which is usually hard for me to be) that Fox will have the team ready vs the run, I am not sure our LB's will be able to cover in the passing game but you don't have a TE that strikes fear into me so other than Ayers not being able to read a screen play I think we will be OK there.

Agree that Fox is a big upgrade, especially defensively. I just think personell-wise you guys had too much ground to make up in one year and that losing Warren and DJ for this game puts you behind the 8-ball in trying to stop our rushing attack.

Your stong suit defensively is going to be getting after the passer. But as they say in football you need to earn the right to rush the passer by stopping the run. I don't think you have the horses (no pun intended) to get that done this week.

As for your LB's stopping the pass, the TE should be the least of your worries. Reese and our RB's will give them all they can handle and then some.

UberBroncoMan
09-09-2011, 04:47 PM
He's right though. It's coming down to the interior D-Lines in this game.

Either we stop the run and win, or they run all over and it's game.

Unless we go old-school zone on their ass I don't see us running up that gut.

RAIDERCZAR
09-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Everyone's been talking about how Denver is going to get screen-passed to death this year.

Maybe so, I don't know.

But there is a big difference between using the screen strategy because your opponent is especially vulnerable to it - - versus using it because you can't deal with their pass rush.

In the first case, you're exploiting a weakness. In the second, you're basically giving up on your downfield passing game and allowing the defense to dictate your game.

We've been on the wrong side of that equation a few times and we've learned that screens don't work that well if that's all you can really do.

I dunno, that's all KC had back when Priest Holmes was tearing it up. They screened you to death or threw to Gonzo. That was basically their only offense and they were one of the league leaders in pts and yds/game.

Our RBs are the strength of the team and their ability to catch the ball needs to be utilized relentlessly. If McFadden or Jones get the ball in the open field and make one guy miss, they can take it the house at any given moment.

The threat of that will eventually cause the the secondary to creep up and that's when you go downfield.

Bronx33
09-09-2011, 04:58 PM
Same old crap every year from raider nation we shall see where you part timers are half way through the season.

RAIDERCZAR
09-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Same old crap every year from raider nation we shall see where you part timers are half way through the season.

Oh come on, I intentionally didn't come back after the games last year because I figured the results on the field were demoralizing enough. You guys did a fine job eating your own anyway. Ha!

Bronx33
09-09-2011, 05:12 PM
congrats on your 1 year streak..

ghwk
09-09-2011, 05:21 PM
I don't think Joe Mays is getting enough love in this thread.

I also found it interesting the whole espn crew picked Denver to win this, not a single person backing the rump raiders. Maybe it's because they all want to get shot.

Denver 900 Raiders 3 on a lucky bounce off the uprights for some dude who had the unfortunate luck to be named Sebastian. Otherwise it's a shut out. Cambell will be atrocious.

Chronic
09-09-2011, 05:23 PM
congrats on your 1 year streak..

Actually a 4 year streak... it;ll be a 5 win streak in Denver Monday night

Iced Janikowski like a vaj jay...lol

Requiem
09-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Knowshon Moreno is going to take a dump on a Raiders player in the end zone, rip off his jersey and spit in around his head like a helicopter.

Bronx33
09-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Actually a 4 year streak... it;ll be a 5 win streak in Denver Monday night

Iced Janikowski like a vaj jay...lol

AFC title??? superbowl??? anything???

Yoda
09-09-2011, 06:47 PM

Maybe so, I don't know.

The screens aren't meant to be a staple, just mix in enough to keep the D guessing and slow down the pass rush. The run game is the staple of the Raiders O. The Raiders will take their shots down field, I would guess 2 -3 times. They will try some quick hits and try to pile up YAC's. This O is loaded with speed that can catch.

broncosteven
09-09-2011, 06:51 PM
McD didnt have anything to do with the horrible tackling by the Broncos last year

Really tho'.. you guys suck tackling, cant run the ball, cant block

Lets not try and pretend to blame everything on boy wonder here

Broncos talent is very well below the avg bar

mCd brought in wink as DC who had no experience as a DC at the NFL level and they ran a vanilla 3-4. I read an article somewhere that said that their scheme was fundamentally unsound.

Fox has already shown the ability to mask alignments and assignments far beyond what mCd and "wink" were able to. mCd was so full of himself that he wanted his team to lineup and beat the opponent staightup. I think Fox will be able to keep this game close enough to win by confusing Campbell at the line.

I would feel better if DJ were playing but May's expertise is run stuffing, as is Ayers. Doom is excellent in backside pursuit, Miller upgrades team speed.

I don't think this team will be world beaters, they still need to upgrade but we are better at all 3 levels (DL, LB, backfield) and coaching this year.

It remains to see what a 1st time HC can do with an octageniarian with a history of meddling with in game play calling and personnel decisions. Cable actually got the team sort of turned around only to be shown the door, it is hard for 1st time HC's to come into the league and develop a playoff team and this year it will be even harder with the lockout. I give Fox the nod in this matchup because he has been an HC before.

Yoda
09-09-2011, 06:51 PM
I don't think Joe Mays is getting enough love in this thread.

I also found it interesting the whole espn crew picked Denver to win this, not a single person backing the rump raiders. Maybe it's because they all want to get shot.

Denver 900 Raiders 3 on a lucky bounce off the uprights for some dude who had the unfortunate luck to be named Sebastian. Otherwise it's a shut out. Cambell will be atrocious.

That was as insightful as a 1st grader trying make a case for the existence of the tooth fairy.

Bronx33
09-09-2011, 06:54 PM
That was as insightful as a 1st grader trying make a case for the existence of the tooth fairy.

I guess you put it all out on the line vs (a first grader ) you better pray your idiot team comes through ROFL!

broncosteven
09-09-2011, 06:54 PM
... The Raiders will take their shots down field, I would guess 2 -3 times. They will try some quick hits and try to pile up YAC's. This O is loaded with speed that can catch.

And Heyward-bey will have 2-3 drops.

randomtask
09-09-2011, 06:55 PM
mCd brought in wink as DC who had no experience as a DC at the NFL level and they ran a vanilla 3-4. I read an article somewhere that said that their scheme was fundamentally unsound.

Fox has already shown the ability to mask alignments and assignments far beyond what mCd and "wink" were able to. mCd was so full of himself that he wanted his team to lineup and beat the opponent staightup. I think Fox will be able to keep this game close enough to win by confusing Campbell at the line.

I would feel better if DJ were playing but May's expertise is run stuffing, as is Ayers. Doom is excellent in backside pursuit, Miller upgrades team speed.

I don't think this team will be world beaters, they still need to upgrade but we are better at all 3 levels (DL, LB, backfield) and coaching this year.

It remains to see what a 1st time HC can do with an octageniarian with a history of meddling with in game play calling and personnel decisions. Cable actually got the team sort of turned around only to be shown the door, it is hard for 1st time HC's to come into the league and develop a playoff team and this year it will be even harder with the lockout. I give Fox the nod in this matchup because he has been an HC before.

You know, I was actually really impressed with how well Doom was defending the run when the play came at him this preseason. Those 20 lbs he gained look like they might really pay off.

Yoda
09-09-2011, 06:56 PM
I guess you put it all out on the line vs (a first grader ) you better pray your idiot team comes through ROFL!

Ok, that rebuttal had the strength of wet TP and just as sh!tty.

Yoda
09-09-2011, 06:58 PM
And Heyward-bey will have 2-3 drops.

....and Orton will have 2-3 turnovers.....

Bronx33
09-09-2011, 06:58 PM
Ok, that rebuttal had the strength of wet TP and just as ****ty.

Reading isn't tough most of the time comprehending is a whole different thing i guess.

ICON
09-09-2011, 07:00 PM
raiders updated injury report

Safety Mike Mitchell is out with a knee injury and receiver Louis Murphy is sidelined with a groin injury. When they are back is anyone's guess. Cornerback Chris Johnson's "oil change" surgery was pertaining to his groin, likely a sports hernia. He is a go Monday night for the season-opener in Denver.

Running back Taiwan Jones was limited in practice Thursday night because of a foot injury, and we all know receiver Chaz Schilens is working back from a sprained knee. Other minor injuries were receiver Derek Hagan (calf), linebacker Darryl Blackstock (concussion) and cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke (ribs). Those three all participated in full Thursday.

Yoda
09-09-2011, 07:01 PM
I have watched this "Von-Doom" combo. To be honest, it appears more Von than Doom. This kid is going to be one hell of a player. He will make some plays, but thus speed th Raiders have is off the charts....speed with hands. You thought the Raiders were fast last year, just wait and see Monday night.

Yoda
09-09-2011, 07:03 PM
raiders updated injury report

Yuuuup.

ghwk
09-09-2011, 07:06 PM

What!!! No tooth fairy? Son of a b@@ch

TheReverend
09-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Raiderczar seems like a pretty damn good poster.

Shame he's a Jokeland fan.

Bronx33
09-09-2011, 07:07 PM
I have watched this "Von-Doom" combo. To be honest, it appears more Von than Doom. This kid is going to be one hell of a player. He will make some plays, but thus speed th Raiders have is off the charts....speed with hands. You thought the Raiders were fast last year, just wait and see Monday night.

What exactly leads you to this conclusion?

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2011/8/29/2392339/2011-oakland-raiders-post-preseason-game-3-assessment-1st-team-has-a

RAIDERCZAR
09-09-2011, 07:07 PM
but thus speed th Raiders have is off the charts....speed with hands. You thought the Raiders were fast last year, just wait and see Monday night.

Agreed, that Raiders have always had speed, but usually it was just track speed trying to play football.

These guys can actually play, and they are all over the place.

Yoda
09-09-2011, 07:18 PM
What exactly leads you to this conclusion?

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2011/8/29/2392339/2011-oakland-raiders-post-preseason-game-3-assessment-1st-team-has-a

Who the hell is brhynno? This is just some do it yourself blog by a fan. Read the major papers in the bay area before you go digging lame insiders like that.

Bronx33
09-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Who the hell is brhynno? This is just some do it yourself blog by a fan. Read the major papers in the bay area before you go digging lame insiders like that.

ummmm ok diss one of your own and why the **** would reading the homer town papers support your theory? sure i understand your going to talk up your team but please at least be realistic and not homeristic ( we see this **** every year from your camp) and believe me son you're are no different.

Yoda
09-09-2011, 07:31 PM
ummmm ok diss one of your own and why the **** would reading the homer town papers support your theory? sure i understand your going to talk up your team but please at least be realistic and not homeristic ( we see this **** every year from your camp) and believe me son you're are no different.

Ha, then you don't know bay area media....they are FAR from homer. As far as me being homer.... that's an assanine statement by you....you clearly have not read my threads.

Bronx33
09-09-2011, 07:37 PM
Ha, then you don't know bay area media....they are FAR from homer. As far as me being homer.... that's an assanine statement by you....you clearly have not read my threads.

Ummm yes i know the bay area media ( they are like any other media) and what would reading your threads change? are you some all knowing football god? does your shyt not stink? like i said you're one of 15 raider fans that drives through here talking shyt. (Only problem is you cant take it)

Yoda
09-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Ummm yes i know the bay area media ( they are like any other media) and what would reading your threads change? are you some all knowing football god? does your shyt not stink? like i said you're one of 15 raider fans that drives through here talking shyt. (Only problem is you cant take it)

Ok, ya...you did not read my OP. Sigh.....oh well.

Bronx33
09-09-2011, 07:43 PM

end of story LOL

ghwk
09-09-2011, 07:44 PM

Your OP was fine. Your Raider win conclusion was flawed. :wave:

I live in the bay area and the papers are no more homers for the raiders than anywhere else. It just seems like it when we have the moron kiszla writing for the post.

Yoda
09-09-2011, 07:48 PM
end of story LOL

Ya, don't forget to tell your mom how you were the man of the message boards. Congrats.

Bronx33
09-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Ya, don't forget to tell your mom how you were the man of the message boards. Congrats.

She hates the raiders too..

Yoda
09-09-2011, 08:00 PM
She hates the raiders too..

Well, looks like you and mommy will be dissapointed Monday Night.:afro:

Bronx33
09-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Well, looks like you and mommy will be dissapointed Monday Night.:afro:

Guess we will see.

Yoda
09-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Ok, Bronco fans. I will give you that the "Von Doom" tandem will be a major factor. But most of Bronco fans argument had been..... Blah....blah.... Von doom......blah blah.....Van Doom. The federal budget will be solved because of Von Doom..... the economy will improve because of Von Doom. Aside from this, what do you believe the Broncos have going for them. Let's hear some other points.

broncosteven
09-09-2011, 08:06 PM
....and Orton will have 2-3 turnovers.....

You don't know much about Orton do you?

The one thing Orton is actually good at is protecting the ball.

Last year he had 20 TD's but only 9 INT's. Much better than the last 2 QB's we had in town, both Cutler and Plummer were turnover machines.

Campbell had 13 TD's and 8 INTs, Both played in 13 games, though your 1st round bust only started 12.

Campbell had 329 attempts whereas Orton had 498, if you project Campbells stats over 171 attempts he could have another 4-5 INTs.

broncosteven
09-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Ok, Bronco fans. I will give you that the "Von Doom" tandem will be a major factor. But most of Bronco fans argument had been..... Blah....blah.... Von doom......blah blah.....Van Doom. The federal budget will be solved be sude of Von Doom..... the economy will inorove because of Von Doom. Aside from this, what do you believe the Broncos have going for them. Let's hear some other points.

Not in reality, my argument has been coaching. VonDoom will make an impact on the field but it is Fox and Allen who will get them in position to make it.

Bronx33
09-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Ok, Bronco fans. I will give you that the "Von Doom" tandem will be a major factor. But most of Bronco fans argument had been..... Blah....blah.... Von doom......blah blah.....Van Doom. The federal budget will be solved because of Von Doom..... the economy will improve because of Von Doom. Aside from this, what do you believe the Broncos have going for them. Let's hear some other points.

I really think (we bronco fans) have been realistic thus far but i guess (blah blah.....Van Doom) supports something Hilarious!

ghwk
09-09-2011, 08:13 PM

My other point is Campbell has seen vanilla all preseason. Even Elway commented on Greise that anyone can look good in preseason. Campbell will start hearing footsteps, he will get hurried and he will not have a good game. I actually like Denvers chances of keeping your offense off the field a bit.

We can chirp all we want, at this point the only relevant thing will be to play the game which I will unfortunately miss due to my sons boy scout meeting!

ICON
09-09-2011, 08:14 PM
I guess I don't understand - is this thread about VACUUM CLEANERS? Or POPSICLE'S?

ICON
09-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Lets discuss who the best shredder in polka is.

Yoda
09-09-2011, 08:19 PM
My other point is Campbell has seen vanilla all preseason. Even Elway commented on Greise that anyone can look good in preseason. Campbell will start hearing footsteps, he will get hurried and he will not have a good game. I actually like Denvers chances of keeping your offense off the field a bit.

We can chirp all we want, at this point the only relevant thing will be to play the game which I will unfortunately miss due to my sons boy scout meeting!

....anyone can look good in the preseason... Does that thought also to Denver's D?

Bronx33
09-09-2011, 08:21 PM
....anyone can look good in the preseason... Does that thought also to Denver's D?

So you just proved our point.

Yoda
09-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Yup, this thread has ran it's course.

Perry1977
09-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Yes, EXHIBITIION, I have watched football for 30+ years. One thing I have learned is to put little or no weight on preseason games. The 1st two games are a better indicator.

If Yoda you were, watched several hundred years of football you would have, hmmm?

Kaylore
09-09-2011, 10:35 PM
You Raider fans are funny. I'm not buying this act that you really want to discuss things. If you go back and read all your posts between the lines, you can tell you all honestly think you're going to blow us out again. Everyone of you thinks every position is superior and drinks the scabby kool-aid Al Davis is giving you.

What's funnier is you guys jerking each other off like you're even a good team. You were 8-8 and finished third in a crapy division last year and just lost a bunch of good players and are banged up in the preseason. You also fired your coach and first year head coach's, even the really good ones, have crappy first years. And I know after playing with Jafatty Russell that Jason Campbell looks "awesome" but he really sucks. Seriously.

Reading your posts though, winning will be a simple matter of just running the ball and throwing some screens and letting your D-line clean up the mess and it'll be over by half time.

Please.

Guess what? The Broncos are a better team this year and they were a better team than the one that showed up last year. You guys capitalized on some early turnovers and it quickly snowballed out of control. A lot of those points were gifted to you and I know because we've done the same to you. I remember MNF in Oakland when Eddie Royal went crazy and then the You guys came back and played us tough and beat us later that year.

All I'm going to say is I really hope the team is as arrogant and short-sighted as you guys are. It's not going to be another easy win. Prepare to have some humble pie.

Also, you guys suck.

Boobs McGee
09-09-2011, 10:39 PM
this.

broncosteven
09-09-2011, 10:42 PM
You Raider fans are funny. I'm not buying this act that you really want to discuss things. If you go back and read all your posts between the lines, you can tell you all honestly think you're going to blow us out again. Everyone of you thinks every position is superior and drinks the scabby kool-aid Al Davis is giving you.

What's funnier is you guys jerking each other off like you're even a good team. You were 8-8 and finished third in a crapy division last year and just lost a bunch of good players and are banged up in the preseason. You also fired your coach and first year head coach's, even the really good ones, have crappy first years. And I know after playing with Jafatty Russell that Jason Campbell looks "awesome" but he really sucks. Seriously.

Reading your posts though, winning will be a simple matter of just running the ball and throwing some screens and letting your D-line clean up the mess and it'll be over by half time.

Please.

Guess what? The Broncos are a better team this year and they were a better team than the one that showed up last year. You guys capitalized on some early turnovers and it quickly snowballed out of control. A lot of those points were gifted to you and I know because we've done the same to you. I remember MNF in Oakland when Eddie Royal went crazy and then the You guys came back and played us tough and beat us later that year.

All I'm going to say is I really hope the team is as arrogant and short-sighted as you guys are. It's not going to be another easy win. Prepare to have some humble pie.

Also, you guys suck.

Kahn's is the superior

Archer81
09-09-2011, 10:45 PM
Things change from year to year. Last year for Denver was historically bad. It is highly unlikely that repeats. We will see on MNF, and if it goes as expected we wont see any raider idiot until later on this year.

:Broncos:

Yoda
09-09-2011, 11:14 PM

Please.

Also, you guys suck.

Sounds like a inferiority complex with the "you don't really mean what you say" whinning. As far as jerk'n off.....well...Bronco fans are spewing all over eachother over "Von Doom", this Miller kid is with the Broncos and all of a sudden the O is a juggernaut and the problems on D melt away. Broncos can't run the ball answer "Von Doom"......Orton is QB.....answer.....Von Doom.....Broncos interior line can't block Seymore .....Answer.....Von Doom...

Archer81
09-09-2011, 11:38 PM
Sounds like a inferiority complex with the "you don't really mean what you say" whinning. As far as jerk'n off.....well...Bronco fans are spewing all over eachother over "Von Doom", this Miller kid is with the Broncos and all of a sudden the O is a juggernaut and the problems on D melt away. Broncos can't run the ball answer "Von Doom"......Orton is QB.....answer.....Von Doom.....Broncos interior line can't block Seymore .....Answer.....Von Doom...

"Jarvis Moss is a passrush specialist".

A member of the raiders fanbase said this. That is an automatic loss in any argument raider fans have with Broncos fans for the rest of the year.

What is cute that you believe the team Oakland plays in 3 days is the same team they faced last year. Its really endearing to see blind stupidity is alive and well in Oakland.

cutthemdown
09-09-2011, 11:46 PM

Funny because I only watched the raiders 3rd preseason game.Campbell went to scramble, dropped the ball, then got rung up and had to leave the game. I was like yep vintage Campbell. People may say I am crazy but he either even, or not quite as good as Orton. No way the Raiders have any advantage at QB or WR. I think we are better then you at both of those spots. Our oline, like yours has some question marks. At RB Raiders are significantly better then the Broncos. DT raiders are much better because of Seymore, but I think our pass rushers every bit as good, or better then Oaklands. Secondary I think Raiders probably better at one spot, I don't think much of Goodman, but Bailey still as good or better the Rout. Rout very good though I like him, and he's younger.

At TE I think the Broncos are more athletic then the Raiders are without Miller. At the safety spot I'm hoping Moore is better then any of the suck the Raiders have. Huff is horrible.

Yoda
09-09-2011, 11:55 PM
"Jarvis Moss is a passrush specialist".

A member of the raiders fanbase said this. That is an automatic loss in any argument raider fans have with Broncos fans for the rest of the year.

What is cute that you believe the team Oakland plays in 3 days is the same team they faced last year. Its really endearing to see blind stupidity is alive and well in Oakland.

Ok, you too did not read my OP, bottom line, if the Raiders have to rely on the pass, it plays into Denver's strength at rushing the passer. I also stated that this game will be close.

The talk of ignorance from an ignorant bronco fan......yup

Yoda
09-09-2011, 11:58 PM
Funny because I only watched the raiders 3rd preseason game.Campbell went to scramble, dropped the ball, then got rung up and had to leave the game. I was like yep vintage Campbell. People may say I am crazy but he either even, or not quite as good as Orton. No way the Raiders have any advantage at QB or WR. I think we are better then you at both of those spots. Our oline, like yours has some question marks. At RB Raiders are significantly better then the Broncos. DT raiders are much better because of Seymore, but I think our pass rushers every bit as good, or better then Oaklands. Secondary I think Raiders probably better at one spot, I don't think much of Goodman, but Bailey still as good or better the Rout. Rout very good though I like him, and he's younger.

At TE I think the Broncos are more athletic then the Raiders are without Miller. At the safety spot I'm hoping Moore is better then any of the suck the Raiders have. Huff is horrible.

Good insight, Campbell, with all his flaws is MUCH better than Boller. If Boller had to take over, things start looking bad fir the Raiders fast.

Chronic
09-10-2011, 02:03 AM
It might be okay to see that this is a different team from last year if the Raiders won by 7 or 10 points

Ladies, ladies, ladies.... The Raiders blew you the ****out to a tune of 100 points

Chronic
09-10-2011, 06:50 AM
AFC Playbook

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/09000d5d82216ff0/Playbook-Raiders-vs-Broncos

Raider9175
09-10-2011, 06:55 AM
Ok, you too did not read my OP, bottom line, if the Raiders have to rely on the pass, it plays into Denver's strength at rushing the passer. I also stated that this game will be close.

I don't believe that will be the case. JMO I think Raiders get in known passing downs you might see TE Richard Gordon 6'4 265 (Raiders best blocking TE) play in the backfield just waiting for either VOn Doom and Miller.( bigger than both)
Once raiders pick up that pass rusher they should be able to make some big plays down the field.

Or Raiders just might go with four WR( Chaz Schilens + D moore on outside with Jacoby Ford and Hagan inside - spread out that defense with Mcfadden in backfield. Mcfadden is very good in pass protection. Could take a pass or a draw . Heck they could even empty the backfield.

No matter how good a pass rush is they still need a couple seconds to get there . Raiders have so many guys that are very good getting YAC. That they shouldn't even let those two become a factor. (whether its a known passing down)

Raider9175
09-10-2011, 07:33 AM

You do know that Raiders offense was without some of their most explosive weapons on offense( D Mcfadden, jacoby Ford, Chaz Schilens- L Murphy(not playing so forget him) in that preseason game. You would have to say that some pretty big weapons to be out and there offense with first and second stringers went up and down the field. (now add those weapons we were missing and you get the point) Also Raiders aren't stupid as they know every team has to submit those third preseason game tapes to the league.(broncos get to review them) They purposedly didn't utilize their rookie Wr Denarius Moore or WR/TE D Ausberry( he more questionable as how big a role he will have Monday).

Qb I will give you but I don't think i would say you have better Wr's.(no way your as deep or as explosive.) IF Campbell goes out raiders are in big trouble.

Your TEs aren't more athletic than The raiders even without K Boss. Do you have a david Ausberry 6'4 245 4.47 (former wr) or Richard Gordon 6'4 265 4.64 (raw reciever but still has speed to hurt your secondary. Both are rookies but are way way more athletic than Zach Miller ever was. can they be as reliable catching it. (thats the question) Brandon Myers who will start at Te is just average both as reciever and blocker.

Here is where raiders have a big advantage against Broncos Dline. Big reason is that there Dlineman aren't one dimential. They can play the pass and run equally well. Broncos can't.
Raiders Lbs outside of R Mcclain and K Wimbley suck .
TO me At this point in bailey career I don't necessarily think he better than Routt. Routt and Chris Johnson were right there with the top- Cbs in burn rate. bailey wasn't. M Huff playing nickel cb scares me.

Special teams with Jankowski and Lechler I think raiders win the field piosition battle all night.

Kaylore
09-10-2011, 07:50 AM
I don't believe that will be the case. JMO I think Raiders get in known passing downs you might see TE Richard Gordon 6'4 265 (Raiders best blocking TE) play in the backfield just waiting for either VOn Doom and Miller.( bigger than both)
Once raiders pick up that pass rusher they should be able to make some big plays down the field.

Or Raiders just might go with four WR( Chaz Schilens + D moore on outside with Jacoby Ford and Hagan inside - spread out that defense with Mcfadden in backfield. Mcfadden is very good in pass protection. Could take a pass or a draw . Heck they could even empty the backfield.

No matter how good a pass rush is they still need a couple seconds to get there . Raiders have so many guys that are very good getting YAC. That they shouldn't even let those two become a factor. (whether its a known passing down)
LOL It's so simple! All those years of those great sack artists for several decades and you've solved the problem right here! Why it won't ever be a problem again! You may have revolutionized the game! I mean, no one has ever tried these things before. A TE blocking/chipping a DE? That's Genius! These guys are used to splitting guard's and tackles, but I know when I see a TE, check that, a rookie TE matched up to block a veteran DE, well they never get through. That defensive end is just shut down.

And that's to say nothing for the fact that the great Jason Campbell on third and long averages completed passes for about six yards. And his "deadly down field" throwing percentage, last year attempting 42 such passes of 21 yards or more and completing a whopping 13 of them. Granted, 4 of those were completed to defenders, and only 1 was for a TD for a combined passer rating of 38.83. However, as James Blunt says before he throws himself into the ocean "I won't lose no sleep on that, 'cause" Raiders9175's got a plan! Empty backfield, rookie TE to block.

Game over. Should the Broncos even go through the motion of playing the game? I mean we have no shot!

ICON
09-10-2011, 07:50 AM
raiders can't fill in adequately for Mike Mitchell he is unique an position that would give there defense a much needed added dimension as a LB/S hybrid, Kevin Boss was brought in to replace Zach Miller as both a blocker and receiver, I can already see how two of those injuries could potentially be bad news on Monday if their replacements can't successfully step in.

Brandon Myers is going to be asked to fill in for Boss as an extra pass blocker, helping aid the offensive line at protecting Jason Campbell from Von Doom. ROFL!

Without Mike Mitchell, who steps in? Quentin Groves will get b****ed slapped around.Witch scrub will have to fill in at safety when Huff plays the nickel raider fan should not be comfortable with either injury and their alternatives, The Raiders are not good enough to compensate with all of this going on.

Bronx33
09-10-2011, 09:25 AM
Hey its a west coast writer so you know its true! huh yoda.

pressure (http://www.sacbee.com/2011/09/09/3895930/broncos-have-players-to-pressure.html)

Archer81
09-10-2011, 09:35 AM

Oh noes...its the I'm rubber you're glue defense...

Bronx33
09-10-2011, 09:41 AM
The Raiders finally posted their injury report, and it sheds some light on the information that coach Hue Jackson has refused to divulge for, in some cases, more than a month.
For instance, the Raiders officially list cornerback Chris Johnson with a groin injury and safety Mike Mitchell with a knee injury.
I reported Mitchell’s injury, but the information came from a person close to Mitchell. Jackson revealed the Johnson had a surgery in mid-August but not that it was for his groin.
Also, for the first time, we learned that:
1. Wide receiver Chaz Schilens’ injury against the Arizona Cardinals on Aug. 11 was to his knee, and he was limited in practice Thursday.
2. Wide receiver Louis Murphy’s surgery was on his groin.
3. Outside linebacker Darryl Blackstock suffered a concussion at some point.
4. Rookie running back Taiwan Jones is nursing a sore foot, and he was limited in practice Thursday night.
5. Wide receiver Derek Hagan suffered a calf injury and not a “ding.”
6. Rookie cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke injured his ribs at some point, though he was full go in practice.

The Raiders don’t practice until 7:05 tonight. Jackson is required to provide an update on the aforementioned players. At that time, we also should get a better idea as to whether Mitchell and/or tight end Kevin Boss (knee) will be able to play against the Denver Broncos on Monday night.

Yoda
09-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Hey its a west coast writer so you know its true! huh yoda.

pressure (http://www.sacbee.com/2011/09/09/3895930/broncos-have-players-to-pressure.html)

Wow, I tried to give you the "benefit of doubt", but your w/out a doubt dense. When, did I ever DENY Denver's ability to rush the passer? The Raiders will have to scheme their O around this.

TheReverend
09-10-2011, 10:46 AM
You do know that Raiders offense was without some of their most explosive weapons on offense( D Mcfadden, jacoby Ford, Chaz Schilens- L Murphy(not playing so forget him) in that preseason game. You would have to say that some pretty big weapons to be out and there offense with first and second stringers went up and down the field. (now add those weapons we were missing and you get the point) Also Raiders aren't stupid as they know every team has to submit those third preseason game tapes to the league.(broncos get to review them) They purposedly didn't utilize their rookie Wr Denarius Moore or WR/TE D Ausberry( he more questionable as how big a role he will have Monday).

Qb I will give you but I don't think i would say you have better Wr's.(no way your as deep or as explosive.) IF Campbell goes out raiders are in big trouble.

Your TEs aren't more athletic than The raiders even without K Boss. Do you have a david Ausberry 6'4 245 4.47 (former wr) or Richard Gordon 6'4 265 4.64 (raw reciever but still has speed to hurt your secondary. Both are rookies but are way way more athletic than Zach Miller ever was. can they be as reliable catching it. (thats the question) Brandon Myers who will start at Te is just average both as reciever and blocker.

Here is where raiders have a big advantage against Broncos Dline. Big reason is that there Dlineman aren't one dimential. They can play the pass and run equally well. Broncos can't.
TO me At this point in bailey career I don't necessarily think he better than Routt. Routt and Chris Johnson were right there with the top- Cbs in burn rate. bailey wasn't. M Huff playing nickel cb scares me.

Special teams with Jankowski and Lechler I think raiders win the field piosition battle all night.

http://oi52.tinypic.com/2r3gltu.jpg

Raider9175
09-10-2011, 10:49 AM
LOL It's so simple! All those years of those great sack artists for several decades and you've solved the problem right here! Why it won't ever be a problem again! You may have revolutionized the game! I mean, no one has ever tried these things before. A TE blocking/chipping a DE? That's Genius! These guys are used to splitting guard's and tackles, but I know when I see a TE, check that, a rookie TE matched up to block a veteran DE, well they never get through. That defensive end is just shut down.

And that's to say nothing for the fact that the great Jason Campbell on third and long averages completed passes for about six yards. And his "deadly down field" throwing percentage, last year attempting 42 such passes of 21 yards or more and completing a whopping 13 of them. Granted, 4 of those were completed to defenders, and only 1 was for a TD for a combined passer rating of 38.83. However, as James Blunt says before he throws himself into the ocean "I won't lose no sleep on that, 'cause" Raiders9175's got a plan! Empty backfield, rookie TE to block.

Game over. Should the Broncos even go through the motion of playing the game? I mean we have no shot!

Learn to read . there are many proven tactics Raiders can do to neutralize both if they become a problem. The one scenario I mention keeping The 6'4 265 pound Te in at FB. (He was drafted because his strength is blocking playing at Miami as Extra olineman when they went to unbalanced oline formations) Beat a raiders tackle and your undersized pass rusher has this guy waiting right for him in raiders backfield. Lets see him overpower him.

another thing I wouldn't mind seeing is Raiders using OT Bruce campbell 6'6 315 as an Extra TE. Him and Veldheer 6'8 325 would open a grand canyon type of hole in your defense. Like to see Doom penetrate against that tandem

Again The Broncos can't handle Raiders speed at the skill positions. That pressure better come very quick or not Raiders will have crazy mismatches all over the field. (alot of guys are going to be running free somewhere.

Again you have no chance of holding this raider offense down. Raiders are going to be going up and down the field all night. The question is can your offense keep up. That will determine if this game is close or another laughter.

Archer81
09-10-2011, 10:50 AM

Oh Jesus Christ...

Archer81
09-10-2011, 10:52 AM
Learn to read . there are many proven tactics Raiders can do to neutralize both if they become a problem. The one scenario I mention keeping The 6'4 265 pound Te in at FB. (He was drafted because his strength is blocking playing at Miami as Extra olineman when they went to unbalanced oline formations) Beat a raiders tackle and your undersized pass rusher has this guy waiting right for him in raiders backfield. Lets see him overpower him.

another thing I wouldn't mind seeing is Raiders using OT Bruce campbell 6'6 315 as an Extra TE. Him and Veldheer 6'8 325 would open a grand canyon type of hole in your defense. Like to see Doom penetrate against that tandem

Again The Broncos can't handle Raiders speed at the skill positions. That pressure better come very quick or not Raiders will have crazy mismatches all over the field. (alot of guys are going to be running free somewhere.

Again you have no chance of holding this raider offense down. Raiders are going to be going up and down the field all night. The question is can your offense keep up.

I know this might come as a shock to you, but both Dumervil AND Miller have shown the ability to get to the QB at the same time. Its magical, really. So this "allstar" rookie TE/OL for Miamiwhateverthe**** is gonna block them both, huh?

Reality is your friend, gidget.

Raider9175
09-10-2011, 11:00 AM
Oh Jesus Christ...

Okay Champ Bailey 33 years old and on the wrong side of his career. When NFl released their burn rates all of raiders Cbs were way up their with top Cbs . ( S routt and C johnson) Champ Bailey wasn't anywhere to be found.

Also even though bailey on the downside of his career you still have easier picking from Broncos other cb's. please explain whats so shocking what i wrote. Thanks.

Yoda
09-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Okay Champ Bailey 33 years old and on the wrong side of his career. When NFl released their burn rates all of raiders Cbs were way up their with top Cbs . ( S routt and C johnson) Champ Bailey wasn't anywhere to be found.

Also even though bailey on the downside of his career you still have easier picking from Broncos other cb's. please explain whats so shocking what i wrote. Thanks.

Logic doesn't work here very well, sadly only with a few Bronco fans.

Powderaddict
09-10-2011, 11:07 AM

So Champ isn't all that great and Jarvis Moss is a pass specialist.

You are not doing much to disprove the opinion most Bronco fans have of raiderfans LOL

Kaylore
09-10-2011, 11:08 AM
ROFL! Ok Yoda and idiot 9175 how many points you guys win by this time? 21? Too low? 35? Enlighten me on how bad we're getting beat down.

Raider9175
09-10-2011, 11:19 AM
I know this might come as a shock to you, but both Dumervil AND Miller have shown the ability to get to the QB at the same time. Its magical, really. So this "allstar" rookie TE/OL for Miamiwhateverthe**** is gonna block them both, huh?

Reality is your friend, gidget.

Von miller hasn't shown Jack yet as he hasn't played in a real game yet. Thats a big mistake on your part skippy. We don't know if he can get to the Qb. (true or false) Look at A Maybin who has alot of sacks in the preseason and zero when they count for real in his career.

NOw in that scenario I layed out for you, Richard Gordon(FB) wouldn't be the only Guy in the backfield now would he. Darren Mcfadden who is an excellent blocker (has taken on and won against guys alot bigger than himself) MCfadden could pick up V miller(if he got around the tackle) or sneak out late and take a swing pass and go the distance.
Or better yet D Mcfadden could take a draw . Still might be able to get a first down.

The Point is Denver has some nice pieces (Doom and Miller) to build a defense around but its not there yet , and Raiders will take advantage of those holes all night long.

Bronx33
09-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Patience raider fan you will soon get to know miller as that (SOB) every time you throw an empty beer can at your television.

Archer81
09-10-2011, 11:39 AM

If you think "burn rates" are the only thing that determines what a good cornerback is then I have to question how long you have been watching football.

Bailey is a #1 shutdown corner, and has been for over a decade. Routt and Johnson? GTFO of here with that until they do it for multiple seasons and actually have offensive coordinators scheme around them. You had that with Aso...now, not so much.

Yoda
09-10-2011, 11:39 AM
ROFL! Ok Yoda and idiot 9175 how many points you guys win by this time? 21? Too low? 35? Enlighten me on how bad we're getting beat down.

Read my OP that started this thread. :afro:

Yoda
09-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Here's a thought. Many talk about the dangers of an O being 1 demensional. Does that apply to a D? If the only thing Denver dies well is rush the passer, does that make their D 1 dimensional and subsequently vunarable? Just something to think about.

Archer81
09-10-2011, 11:44 AM
Von miller hasn't shown Jack yet as he hasn't played in a real game yet. Thats a big mistake on your part skippy. We don't know if he can get to the Qb. (true or false) Look at A Maybin who has alot of sacks in the preseason and zero when they count for real in his career.

NOw in that scenario I layed out for you, Richard Gordon(FB) wouldn't be the only Guy in the backfield now would he. Darren Mcfadden who is an excellent blocker (has taken on and won against guys alot bigger than himself) MCfadden could pick up V miller(if he got around the tackle) or sneak out late and take a swing pass and go the distance.
Or better yet D Mcfadden could take a draw . Still might be able to get a first down.

The Point is Denver has some nice pieces (Doom and Miller) to build a defense around but its not there yet , and Raiders will take advantage of those holes all night long.

http://blog.compete.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Antoine-Dodson-Dumb.gif

ZONA
09-10-2011, 11:45 AM
Well, here we go again Broncos fans. I love this rivalry, and love to hate the Broncos. With that said, here is my take...

Broncos will no doubt come out fired up and wanting revenge for being humiliated in front of the home crowd. I would not be surprised if Denver carries momentum into the 2nd quarter. But, all games eventually settle in and that's where the Raiders run game comes in. I see this game being close, with the Raiders taking over in the 3rd due to the run game.

If the Raiders decide to focus on the pass, Denver wins as this would just play into Denver's strength on D to rush the passer.

If the Raiders can effectively run the ball, Raiders win.

Denver's O must be able to run the ball. The Raiders were able to shut down AFC west running games, and the DL was able to man handle the AFC West O lines. The same DL is back and is the strength of the D. The DL may be able to dominate the LOS to help out a weaken secondary. If the DL does not apply pressure, Then Orton will carve up the DB's.

I expect a much improved Broncos, but not have quite enough to win the game.

Raiders 21 Denver 17.

I think you'll see the Broncos stack the box against the run. We've got a good secondary, not world beaters but good and they can hold their own against the WR's the Raiders have. Broncos stack the box, forcing Raiders to throw and then it's VONDOOM time !!!!

Ugly Duck
09-10-2011, 11:54 AM
Things change from year to year. Last year for Denver was historically bad.

Is that also an argument that Oakland may be historically good? Seems many are assuming that "things don't change" for the Raiders, but they do change for Denver. Actually, "things change from year to year" is an excellent philosophy for a team that earned the 2nd pick in the draft (been there). Problem is that principle may also apply to your opponents. We just won't know until Monday night....

Yoda
09-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Is that also an argument that Oakland may be historically good? Seems many are assuming that "things don't change" for the Raiders, but they do change for Denver. Actually, "things change from year to year" is an excellent philosophy for a team that earned the 2nd pick in the draft (been there). Problem is that principle may also apply to your opponents. We just won't know until Monday night....

Outstanding point!

Kaylore
09-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Yeah you lost some of the best players in the game and got better. ::)'

And Yoda, I don't think you really think you'll just win by a bit. I think deep down you're as retarded as these other Raider fans and think you're hanging another 30 at least. I mean reading through this thread, you basically believe the Fade are superior at every position.

Yoda
09-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Yeah you lost some of the best players in the game and got better. ::)'

And Yoda, I don't think you really think you'll just win by a bit. I think deep down you're as retarded as these other Raider fans and think you're hanging another 30 at least. I mean reading through this thread, you basically believe the Fade are superior at every position.

You need some counseling for those self-esteem issues your having. Not good, not good at all.

hambone13
09-10-2011, 12:16 PM
If you think "burn rates" are the only thing that determines what a good cornerback is then I have to question how long you have been watching football.

Bailey is a #1 shutdown corner, and has been for over a decade. Routt and Johnson? GTFO of here with that until they do it for multiple seasons and actually have offensive coordinators scheme around them. You had that with Aso...now, not so much.

Let's not forget that Champ doesn't get mentioned in many of the stats because he looks unnoticeable because he doesn't get thrown at. That's the greatest compliment ever.

Doggcow
09-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Let's not forget that Champ doesn't get mentioned in many of the stats because he looks unnoticeable because he doesn't get thrown at. That's the greatest compliment ever.

Let's also not forget that teams that are losing consistently aren't thrown on as much too...

Yoda
09-10-2011, 12:22 PM

Champ is a shut down CB, no doubt....but Rout is no chump and Johnson is solid. More than anything, it's the preassure from the Raiders DL, spacifically the interior that will make them better. Yes Bronco fan, same goes with the Von Doom and your DB's.... but your DB's will be too busy with trying to clean up after your DL and LB's in the run game.

hambone13
09-10-2011, 12:25 PM
You need some counseling for those self-esteem issues your having. Not good, not good at all.

Kaylore has no self esteem issues but he does have some homer issues. As much as I would like to talk some ****, our strengths and your weaknesses line up with the Raiders win on paper. It's a ****ty reality but our pass rush is not enough for me to believe that we can actually have a balanced game. We probably won't be able to run the ball and Orton will cower in the pocket trying to play to his pocket strengths. It's really, his only true strength. He is accurate enough to be effective given time but I doubt he has it in this game. The left stays strong with Clady but the balance doesn't seem to be there in the long game where I anticipate the pocket to collapse even before Orton does.

hambone13
09-10-2011, 12:30 PM
Champ is a shut down CB, no doubt....but Rout is no chump and Johnson is solid. More than anything, it's the preassure from the Raiders DL, spacifically the interior that will make them better. Yes Bronco fan, same goes with the Von Doom and your DB's.... but your DB's will be too busy with trying to clean up after your DL and LB's in the run game.

I can't respond with a logical response. I'm terrified of our talent on both lines against the Raiders. I will give the edge to Orton if he gets any time, against Campbell player to player. He has solid chemistry with the WR corps. If we're going to win this game, it will be because Orton shows up with quick-step drops and winning the turn-over battle as a team.

Yoda
09-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Kaylore has no self esteem issues but he does have some homer issues. As much as I would like to talk some ****, our strengths and your weaknesses line up with the Raiders win on paper. It's a ****ty reality but our pass rush is not enough for me to believe that we can actually have a balanced game. We probably won't be able to run the ball and Orton will cower in the pocket trying to play to his pocket strengths. It's really, his only true strength. He is accurate enough to be effective given time but I doubt he has it in this game. The left stays strong with Clady but the balance doesn't seem to be there in the long game where I anticipate the pocket to collapse even before Orton does.

Well, this why I say the game will be close up to the 3rd QT. Emotions will run high w/Denver....but the match ups you speaks of will eventually help the Raiders pull ahead for good. But the Raiders need to put Denver away by the 3rd if not, then in the 4th it's anybody's game.

hambone13
09-10-2011, 01:03 PM
Well, this why I say the game will be close up to the 3rd QT. Emotions will run high w/Denver....but the match ups you speaks of will eventually help the Raiders pull ahead for good. But the Raiders need to put Denver away by the 3rd if not, then in the 4th it's anybody's game.

You and I are on the same sheet of music, on paper which I think favors the Raiders but you never know. Home field advantage after some embarrassing showings last year could put us ahead early or hurt us in the long run. Bottom line, it will be a game worthy of MNF as long as the turn-over battle doesn't favor the Raiders early.

I can't wait, one way or the other. I'm just stoked the season is kicking off. As much as I love my Broncos, my expectations are low for the next year or three. I'm too much of a realist to believe we're even close to being contenders. GB looks scary strong despite the Conference difference. I can't make my mind up on the Steelers, Patriots or the Ravens in the AFC but solid is what they are and I haven't had that feeling about my own team for a decade. Kinda blows.

Yoda
09-10-2011, 01:09 PM
You and I are on the same sheet of music, on paper which I think favors the Raiders but you never know. Home field advantage after some embarrassing showings last year could put us ahead early or hurt us in the long run. Bottom line, it will be a game worthy of MNF as long as the turn-over battle doesn't favor the Raiders early.

I can't wait, one way or the other. I'm just stoked the season is kicking off. As much as I love my Broncos, my expectations are low for the next year or three. I'm too much of a realist to believe we're even close to being contenders. GB looks scary strong despite the Conference difference. I can't make my mind up on the Steelers, Patriots or the Ravens in the AFC but solid is what they are and I haven't had that feeling about my own team for a decade. Kinda blows.

You and the rest of the fans of the AFC West. If this game was in Oakland, the feel of this game would be FAR different.

GB does look DAMM scary! It's great to see a Cal alum kicking A$$ in the NFL (yup, I'm a Cal graduate, class of '94). GB is going to tear apart the AFC west.

hambone13
09-10-2011, 01:27 PM
You and the rest of the fans of the AFC West. If this game was in Oakland, the feel of this game would be FAR different.

GB does look DAMM scary! It's great to see a Cal alum kicking A$$ in the NFL (yup, I'm a Cal graduate, class of '94). GB is going to tear apart the AFC west.

Aarron Rogers is the real deal. I hate to harp on the Cutler thing because so many around here will call me a drama queen but you know as well as I do, having some decent talent at QB is pretty important. I couldn't give a **** less about his "character" issues during his departure, at least we had someone who could make all the throws and not crumble with the appearance of a DT's hand 3 yards away.

GB is going to get easy wins in the AFC West. None of us even have a shot without the luck of "Any Given Sunday". They look like the repeating Broncos of back in the day with the offensive rule changes favoring AR's strengths. That team is ridiculously stacked at receiver. Something Elway never had. Very depressing given that I favor the Bears in the NFC, having been born in Chicago and strong ties there with family. Needless to say, I hate GB almost as much as I hate the Raiders.

It's truly a pleasure to have an intelligent exchange with a Raiders fan though. Thanks for being as classy as you have been but I still hate your team ;-)

Yoda
09-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Aarron Rogers is the real deal. I hate to harp on the Cutler thing because so many around here will call me a drama queen but you know as well as I do, having some decent talent at QB is pretty important. I couldn't give a **** less about his "character" issues during his departure, at least we had someone who could make all the throws and not crumble with the appearance of a DT's hand 3 yards away.

GB is going to get easy wins in the AFC West. None of us even have a shot without the luck of "Any Given Sunday". They look like the repeating Broncos of back in the day with the offensive rule changes favoring AR's strengths. That team is ridiculously stacked at receiver. Something Elway never had. Very depressing given that I favor the Bears in the NFC, having been born in Chicago and strong ties there with family. Needless to say, I hate GB almost as much as I hate the Raiders.

It's truly a pleasure to have an intelligent exchange with a Raiders fan though. Thanks for being as classy as you have been but I still hate your team ;-)

Thanks, I would wish good luck, but I hate your team. : )

broncosteven
09-10-2011, 02:55 PM

Again you have no chance of holding this raider offense down. Raiders are going to be going up and down the field all night. The question is can your offense keep up. That will determine if this game is close or another laughter.

All that sounds great on your couch (or in the case of raiders fans, from their cell block) but the reason teams don't usually add an extra OT at TE is speed and it limits their passing options. Teams would just stack the box and or run blitz a corner or 2 like they do with the WC now. TE's and good FB's can give you the same benefit but wit more passing options or options to keep the opponent honest.

I have seen NE come out and do it outside of the goal line but they were broadcasting run and daring teams to stop it.

I don't see Hue coming out and not trying to establish some sort of balance especially if Denver gets on the board 1st.

ICON
09-10-2011, 03:05 PM
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YODTeMZsDco" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cWocxhPdlEA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MUqUc-mEExU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yoda
09-10-2011, 03:25 PM
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YODTeMZsDco" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cWocxhPdlEA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MUqUc-mEExU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yaaaaaaaawn.....just more homer propaganda.

ICON
09-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Well, here we go again Broncos fans. I love this rivalry, and love to hate the Broncos. With that said, here is my take...

Broncos will no doubt come out fired up and wanting revenge for being humiliated in front of the home crowd. I would not be surprised if Denver carries momentum into the 2nd quarter. But, all games eventually settle in and that's where the Raiders run game comes in. I see this game being close, with the Raiders taking over in the 3rd due to the run game.

If the Raiders decide to focus on the pass, Denver wins as this would just play into Denver's strength on D to rush the passer.

If the Raiders can effectively run the ball, Raiders win.

Denver's O must be able to run the ball. The Raiders were able to shut down AFC west running games, and the DL was able to man handle the AFC West O lines. The same DL is back and is the strength of the D. The DL may be able to dominate the LOS to help out a weaken secondary. If the DL does not apply pressure, Then Orton will carve up the DB's.

I expect a much improved Broncos, but not have quite enough to win the game.

Raiders 21 Denver 17.

Yoda
09-10-2011, 03:34 PM

Uh, no. This would be homer.

Ahem...."Donkey's suck ass....McFadden going to rack yup 300+ yards..... Nags have no chance.....etc....etc..."

The op is nothing like that.

ICON
09-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Uh, no. This would be homer.

Ahem...."Donkey's suck ass....McFadden going to rack yup 300+ yards..... Nags have no chance.....etc....etc..."

The op is nothing like that.

Nice to see you finally man up in the end and say what you came to say!

somehow the Raiders are going to cure all there ills. What else did Al Davis fill your head with? In any case, is everybody ready for some Bronco on Raider hate for Monday Night Football?

http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/raiders-fans.jpg

Yoda
09-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Nice to see you finally man up in the end and say what you came to say!

somehow the Raiders are going to cure all there ills. What else did Al Davis fill your head with? In any case, is everybody ready for some Bronco on Raider hate for Monday Night Football?

http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/raiders-fans.jpg

I'm really starting doubt your ability to have an opened minded and intelligent conversation. Unlike hambone

ICON
09-10-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm really starting doubt your ability to have an opened minded and intelligent conversation. Unlike hambone

Wow Faiders Fans really crack me up,but this one on here actually sounded reasonable and coherent,but alas he's still a misguided faider fan .

cutthemdown
09-10-2011, 03:47 PM
The big issue will be can Campbell get enough time for players like Ford to get deep on our defense. I don't see anyway Barnes is going to block Miller. I question whether the Raiders have what it takes to block our outside pass rush. It's unproven at this point but I am pretty convinced Miller is a stud pass rusher. We will see. I think Barnes is horrible though. IMO Raiders won't even try unless they have to. They will come out running the ball. Broncos should stack the box and dare them to throw.

Yoda
09-10-2011, 03:50 PM
The big issue will be can Campbell get enough time for players like Ford to get deep on our defense. I don't see anyway Barnes is going to block Miller. I question whether the Raiders have what it takes to block our outside pass rush. It's unproven at this point but I am pretty convinced Miller is a stud pass rusher. We will see. I think Barnes is horrible though. IMO Raiders won't even try unless they have to. They will come out running the ball. Broncos should stack the box and dare them to throw.

Excellent point, Barnes at RT truly worries me. This why the run game must rack up huge chunks of yardage! Rely on the pass and the Raiders play into the Broncos strength.

cutthemdown
09-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Excellent point, Barnes at RT truly worries me. This why the run game must rack up huge chunks of yardage! Rely on the pass and the Raiders play into the Broncos strength.

There is still a good chance Broncos won't be able to score enough to make the Raiders need to throw the ball. Sure Raiders will take there shots deep a few times a game but Raiders may just run the ball and outscore us.

Broncos oline just unproven. I know I sort of pencil miller in but hes way more a sure thing then our rookie RT or Walton at center. I really question whether we can block the Raiders front 7.

Monday night will tell us a lot about both teams.

stopgap
09-10-2011, 04:55 PM
Wow Faiders Fans really crack me up,but this one on here actually sounded reasonable and coherent,but alas he's still a misguided faider fan .

You sound like the ignorant one.

Yoda
09-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Monday night will tell us a lot about both teams.

Yup. You can only put liitle to no stock into the preseason, the 1st two games will give you a better idea of the teams direction.

ICON
09-10-2011, 05:30 PM

I stole this from a bleachreport rant via Google search (I know, I know...) but we must not forget the Conference game where Sewell played his last game (terrible he went out that way).

or: ...to Shanahan is to "Obviously, ......

That guy has way too much time on his hands. Even if he is an AE.

Hilarious!

Are you hitting on him?

She's going to tip the scales in the age factor...

You bagging on Stan Kroenke's wife's lineage?

Gotta love a guy that has to depend on second-hand information and treat it as gospel.

No, just a Orange Mane newbie

^^^ Who's the dick?

^^^ Who's the dick?

Let Me Interrupt Your Social life stopclap With Tactless Palmistry! ..... C 'mon maaan, you've already made your big 11 post that prove that Contraceptives should be mandatory........

100 post rule !

cutthemdown
09-10-2011, 05:33 PM
I couldn't even say for sure how Broncos will play the coverage against the Raiders. They have a lot of speed so we could see a lot of zone. Moore was drafted because he gets to the ball in the deep passing game. He has good ball skills. Watched him a lot of UCLA. He's not super fast, or some killer speedster, but he just seems to react to the ball in the air quickly, he's very agile, and has good hands. Speed is sort of over rated until the pads are on, they should make people run the 40 in full pads as well as in shorts.

Not sure what side Ford is on but I wouldn't just stick Bailey on him 1 on 1 all day. He's too fast. I would make it tougher for Campbell and give him some zones, get Miller and Doom in his face, and try and make him make bad decisions.

I sort of like the idea of sometimes putting Bailey inside. Especially if down and distance allows us to play zones on the WR and the Raiders will be looking for quick slants etc etc. Put Bailey around the ball more and lets try and get some turnovers.

That is really the one thing that could make any yr special. A team that gets turnovers all yr can make the playoffs with a thin roster.

stopgap
09-10-2011, 05:55 PM

Let Me Interrupt Your Social life stopclap With Tactless Palmistry! ..... C 'mon maaan, you've already made your big 11 post that prove that Contraceptives should be mandatory........

100 post rule !

Seriously, how many Natty Lights have you already went through this evening?

Yoda
09-10-2011, 06:02 PM
I couldn't even say for sure how Broncos will play the coverage against the Raiders. They have a lot of speed so we could see a lot of zone. Moore was drafted because he gets to the ball in the deep passing game. He has good ball skills. Watched him a lot of UCLA. He's not super fast, or some killer speedster, but he just seems to react to the ball in the air quickly, he's very agile, and has good hands. Speed is sort of over rated until the pads are on, they should make people run the 40 in full pads as well as in shorts.

Not sure what side Ford is on but I wouldn't just stick Bailey on him 1 on 1 all day. He's too fast. I would make it tougher for Campbell and give him some zones, get Miller and Doom in his face, and try and make him make bad decisions.

I sort of like the idea of sometimes putting Bailey inside. Especially if down and distance allows us to play zones on the WR and the Raiders will be looking for quick slants etc etc. Put Bailey around the ball more and lets try and get some turnovers.

That is really the one thing that could make any yr special. A team that gets turnovers all yr can make the playoffs with a thin roster.

Broncos should seriously think about putting Bailey at FS, it worked for R Woodson and C Woodson.

TheReverend
09-10-2011, 06:08 PM
Broncos should seriously think about putting Bailey at FS, it worked for R Woodson and C Woodson.

......what?

Yoda
09-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Hilarious!......what?

Bailey is not getting younger. Rod Woodson and Charles Woodson made the move and it rejuvenated their careers. If Bailey shows his age this year, it could be a good move for him.

TheReverend
09-10-2011, 06:17 PM
Hilarious!

Bailey is not getting younger. Rod Woodson and Charles Woodson made the move and it rejuvenated their careers. If Bailey shows his age this year, it could be a good move for him.

Charles Woodson made the move?

...Really?

TheReverend
09-10-2011, 06:19 PM
You should replace that name with Aeneas Williams or something.

But making that BS claim about Charles Woodson was super cute. Waiting for the backpedal twist of "Well in SOME occasional packages" etc etc etc

McDman
09-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Clearly since you're the opposite of bright, we have to use pictures to spell things out for you. I even labelled the frames since you're probably not sharp enough to read left to right :)

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/thereverend316/MillerVBarksdale.png

1. Miller has already taken his outside jab step and is currently starting to swim back inside on Barksdale

2. Full swim humiliating the buffoon

3. Barksdale tries to reach back. My only complaint is the angle doesn't show his "Oh noooooooooooo! I've been had!" face.

4. Here's the guard holding Miller in a bear hug just for kicks.

5. Boom.

L-O-L at you sir.

Your efforts to make someone look stupid are ridiculous.

Props.

Yoda
09-10-2011, 07:07 PM
You should replace that name with Aeneas Williams or something.

But making that BS claim about Charles Woodson was super cute. Waiting for the backpedal twist of "Well in SOME occasional packages" etc etc etc

I should have been clearer, R. Woodson did make the full time move to FS. GB will C Woodson as a FS at times. Eventually he will probably make a full time move to FS.

I keep forgetting that I need to slow down a bit for some you and inferencing is not a strength for many of you.

TheReverend
09-10-2011, 07:11 PM
I should have been clearer, R. Woodson did make the full time move to FS. GB will C Woodson as a FS at times. Eventually he will probably make a full time move to FS.

I keep forgetting that I need to slow down a bit for some you and inferencing is not a strength for many of you.

No, REALITY is not a strength for you.

You said his career was rejuvenated by making the switch. Not me. That was YOU.

Reality: He's probably taken 10 snaps (give or take) in a "safety" position in all the years in GB combined.

My assumption: You heard Woodson offering to switch to S if GB ponied up to sign Nnamdi this off-season and twisted that in your warped make-up, spiked shoulder pad, Darth Vader mask mind.

Yoda
09-10-2011, 07:14 PM
No, REALITY is not a strength for you.

You said his career was rejuvenated by making the switch. Not me. That was YOU.

Reality: He's probably taken 10 snaps (give or take) in a "safety" position in all the years in GB combined.

My assumption: You heard Woodson offering to switch to S if GB ponied up to sign Nnamdi this off-season and twisted that in your warped make-up, spiked shoulder pad, Darth Vader mask mind.

Angry? Does this mean we are not friends anymore?

Woodson career has been rejuvenated in GB because they use him in different capacities.

TheReverend
09-10-2011, 07:16 PM

Woodson career has been rejuvenated in GB because they use him in different capacities.

Not angry, just amused by bull****.

I'll agree with your second statement for sure. It's just a far cry from your earlier fallacy and you know it.

vancejohnson82
09-10-2011, 07:19 PM

at corner? unfortunately for you, Rev has the innate capability to run an argument into the ground and his opponent into submission

soon enough

Yoda
09-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Not angry, just amused by bull****.

I'll agree with your second statement for sure. It's just a far cry from your earlier fallacy and you know it.

My original point was that S may be a good move for Bailey in the long run.

Kaylore
09-10-2011, 07:38 PM

Oh I think losing this game is a definite possibility. We sucked against the run last year and our interior line is banged up. I might be a homer, but I'm not the one predicting failure at all levels. This discussion has consisted of Broncos fans trying argue we have some answers for the Raiders and Raider fans saying none of them will be even a little bit of a problem. When we bring up injuries, losses in free agency, or our player talent, they're all dismissed out of hand and then the response is how the silver and black will "dominate."

I think the few times when they've finally relented and admited we have some matchup advantages, they quickly suggest simplistic strategies that they believe will totally neutralize them. They're also being incredibly smug dickholes. You can tell they think they'll win handily and are honestly expecting last year all over again. I can guarantee that is not going to happen.

Bottom line:

I think we can win this game. If we can't run well enough, can't stop the run enough to create some long yardage situations and we need Orton to make big plays, we'll lose unless we're gifted some turnovers. No question in my mind.

If we can play first and second down well, create some negative plays, create some third and long situations and watch the screen game, we have more than an outside shot of winning.

Now watch. We'll all be wrong and this will come down to something no one's talked about like the return game and Denver's tight ends or something. Ha!

TheReverend
09-10-2011, 07:39 PM

Cool. Next time valid examples would be swell.

ICON
09-10-2011, 07:44 PM

Your original body of thought is more a case of hiding your real Feelings in plain sight. .... Right now, playing hide and seek games along with peek-a-boo are very entertaining... Try putting a hat on your head so no one can see your lame ass point.

vancejohnson82
09-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Oh I think losing this game is a definite possibility. We sucked against the run last year and our interior line is banged up. I might be a homer, but I'm not the one predicting failure at all levels. This discussion has consisted of Broncos fans trying argue we have some answers for the Raiders and Raider fans saying none of them will be even a little bit of a problem. When we bring up injuries, losses in free agency, or our player talent, they're all dismissed out of hand and then the response is how the silver and black will "dominate."

I think the few times when they've finally relented and admited we have some matchup advantages, they quickly suggest simplistic strategies that they believe will totally neutralize them. They're also being incredibly smug dickholes. You can tell they think they'll win handily and are honestly expecting last year all over again. I can guarantee that is not going to happen.

Bottom line:

I think we can win this game. If we can't run well enough, can't stop the run enough to create some long yardage situations and we need Orton to make big plays, we'll lose unless we're gifted some turnovers. No question in my mind.

If we can play first and second down well, create some negative plays, create some third and long situations and watch the screen game, we have more than an outside shot of winning.

Now watch. We'll all be wrong and this will come down to something no one's talked about like the return game and Denver's tight ends or something. Ha!

this would be awesome....Julius Thomas breakout game?

ghwk
09-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Nope Joe Mays has Jason Campbell doing the Icky shuffle.

Play2win
09-10-2011, 08:12 PM

Hilarious! :rofl: :rofl:

The Bizarro Universe Orange Mane... Ha!

Kaylore
09-10-2011, 08:22 PM
Hilarious! :rofl: :rofl:

The Bizarro Universe Orange Mane... Ha!

Intelligent = thinking the Raiders win.

ICON
09-11-2011, 07:33 AM
OAK
Kevin Boss TE Knee Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Michael Mitchell S Knee Did Not Participate In Practice Out.
Louis Murphy WR Groin Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Darryl Blackstock LB Concussion Full Participation in Practice Probable
Derek Hagan WR Calf Full Participation in Practice Probable
Chris Johnson CB Groin Full Participation in Practice Probable
Taiwan Jones RB Foot Full Participation in Practice Probable
Chaz Schilens WR Knee Full Participation in Practice Probable
DeMarcus Van Dyke CB Ribs Full Participation in Practice Probable

DEN
Marcus Thomas DE Shoulder Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Ty Warren DT Triceps Did Not Participate In Practice Out
D.J. Williams LB Elbow Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Demaryius Thomas WR Achilles Out (Definitely Will Not Play) Out
David Bruton S Shoulder Full Participation in Practice Probable
Brodrick Bunkley DT Knee Full Participation in Practice Probable
Quinton Carter S Hamstring Full Participation in Practice Probable
Chris Kuper G Toe Full Participation in Practice Probable
Matt Willis WR Toe Full Participation in Practice Probable

Yoda
09-11-2011, 11:58 AM
You know, Denver's best chance on O is to spread the Raider's D out and isolating DVD. Basically, pick on the rookie.

hambone13
09-12-2011, 08:22 AM

Bottom line:

Ha! That would be hilarious of the TE's had a break out game. I'm all for it. I don't think they win the game handily but I'm doubtful. Nothing would make me happier to get a W. It's going to be a great game to watch. There are quite a few tools touting typical Raiders propaganda, that they just win because it's the Raiders vs. the Broncos. Like J. Moss coming out winning the sack title for the year in one game. That was ludicrous. I just can't see us stopping big run plays. We looked pretty weak in that department all last year and it didn't look much better in preseason. If we can create some turnovers, do well on special teams and give Orton enough time for a few big plays, I think we have a solid shot. And hey, why not have the TE's in there too :giggle:

~Crash~
09-12-2011, 09:04 AM
Well, the last game in Denver, Namndi did not play. Aside from Namndi, Miller, and Gallery, this is virtually the same team. Boss is a good replacement for Miller, Gallery was not a world beater. But the loss of Namndi is huge. This is why the DL MUST help the DB's.

same game yep:giggle::giggle::giggle:

~Crash~
09-12-2011, 09:05 AM
You know, Denver's best chance on O is to spread the Raider's D out and isolating DVD. Basically, pick on the rookie.

um no our best chance is Dvile and Miller .plan on being with your 3rd sting QB early.

~Crash~
09-12-2011, 09:51 AM
Silly raiders fans actually think they have a shot. How cute.

Someone should inform them that Elway is back.

I love my broncos but maybe you should look at elway record vs radiers. but here is the deal he is smart to what did work in the west.

He got us a pass rush and did work on a up grade on the OL .so I do love what he has done.:thumbsup:

montrose
09-21-2011, 10:02 AM
For some reason I've always pictured Montrose looking like Brian Xanders... Am I correct? Hahaha

I'm nowhere near that good looking.

http://www.dlcache.indiatimes.com/imageserve/0eIubVE2SU2OQ/x350.jpg

CEH
09-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Nice job there Raiders

5 TDs on 5 drives in the second half for Buffalo. You just made the Bills look like the 98 Broncos or 00 Rams.

bendog
09-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Nice job there Raiders

5 TDs on 5 drives in the second half for Buffalo. You just made the Bills look like the 98 Broncos or 00 Rams.

yes, but damn ... we suck.

Raider Bill
09-30-2011, 06:52 PM

ROFL!

Raider Bill
09-30-2011, 06:54 PM
IT CAN HAPPEN.

Just not with Moss.... LOL

ROFL!

Raider Bill
09-30-2011, 06:56 PM
JM sucks and does it straight ahead. One dimensional suckness. But, he does it like nobody else. As he said last year, "Thank God he is a Raiders."

ROFL!

Maybe Mike Waufle knows a little more about DL play than the message board General Managers on the Orangelame

TonyR
10-01-2011, 05:42 AM
Patriots (-4) over RAIDERS

I get it. You want to pick the Raiders. It's a fun pick. You want to think Richard Seymour is going to be fired up, that Darren McFadden is going to run amok, that Jason Campbell is going to complete a couple of bombs, that the fans will carry them the rest of the way. Just remember three things …

1. The Pats lost last week. Their record after losses in the Belichick/Brady era is something like 950-2.

2. The Raiders are coming off a "We did it!" game. Never a good sign.

3. Oakland's secondary is in shambles post-Nmamdi — it's banged up and wasn't even good to begin with. The Raiders gave up 937 passing yards and six passing TDs to Kyle Orton, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Mark Sanchez. Brady has thrown for 1,327 yards and 11 TDs already. Unless it's one of those "everything went wrong" games (like what happened in Buffalo last week), the Pats should move up and downfield at will. So if you're picking Oakland, you're saying that (a) the Raiders are going to score 35-plus points, or (a) for the second straight week, the Pats' offense is going to have an "everything went wrong" game. Believe me, those four points look enticing. I know. I thought about it. And then, I kept thinking about the Pats leading 34-10 in the third quarter and CBS throwing up one of those "BRADY: 30-32, 345 yards, 4 TDs" graphics. He's just done it too many times. This is a stay-away game if anything.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/5479/bill-simmons-week-4-quick-picks

Ugly Duck
10-01-2011, 07:01 AM
if you're picking Oakland, you're saying that the Raiders are going to score 35-plus points

Thats not too far-fetched. Raiders scored 35 last week vs the Jets #11 defense (34 vs BUFF the week before). Pats defense is ranked dead last by far. 35 points vs the #32 defense is not an impossible task in the Black Hole.