PDA

View Full Version : In Order For The Denver Broncos To Become Playoff Contenders. . .

Requiem
09-07-2011, 04:28 PM
They Need To:

<b>(A) Find a long-term solution at quarterback. Someone to be endorsed and get behind. This could involve
drafting a QB early in the coming draft.

(B) Use a wealth of resources (early picks) and FA signing on defensive lineman. Defensive tackle is already a dire need; Robert Ayers has a chance to prove himself this year and Dumervil remains a liability against the run. This has been beating

(C) Star power on offense. A legit offensive weapon outside the quarterback who will acquire special attention. I think we have talented players on offense, but no elite skill players.
</b>

Give your three solutions to make the Broncos legit contenders again.

Swedish Extrovert
09-07-2011, 04:31 PM
A) Reconnect with the fans to increase revenue.

B) Use the revenue on the team - bring in quality coaches, staff and use up every penny towards the salary cap.

C) We need a marque player for the offense to rally around (Tebow?) I think VonDoom will be that on D.

TheReverend
09-07-2011, 04:32 PM
1. Find a real QB whether it's Tebow or a 2012 pick.
2. Improve the secondary
3. Improve the interior offensive line

MLB and DL aren't far behind...

Dagmar
09-07-2011, 04:37 PM
A) Reconnect with the fans to increase revenue.

B) Use the revenue on the team - bring in quality coaches, staff and use up every penny towards the salary cap.

C) We need a marque player for the offense to rally around (Tebow?) I think VonDoom will be that on D.

:strong: ^5

Bob's your Information Minister
09-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Fire John Fox, draft a quarterback.

Houshyamama
09-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Fire John Fox, draft a quarterback.

Stop ****ing Bob's mom for 5 bucks. Gonna get a venereal disease if I don't.

rugbythug
09-07-2011, 04:47 PM
1. Dominant Offensive Line- Replace until its a done deal.
2. Dominant Pass Rush- More value to pass rush on Defense than any other thing. Including run Stop.
3. QB who can make it happen.

go_broncos
09-07-2011, 04:48 PM
This is QB league.Need to draft a stud QB in 2012 if Fox doesn't believe in Tebow.
Orton is a average QB.Can't win games with him.
We can bring all Stud players in other positions.But, if the QB is average..it is difficult to win games on a consistent basis.

SoCalBronco
09-07-2011, 04:49 PM
1) Better ownership and management
2) Long term solution at QB
3) DT

maher_tyler
09-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Good run game, good defense, good special teams, good coach, elite QB...

OBF1
09-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Stop ****ing Bob's mom for 5 bucks. Gonna get a venereal disease if I don't.

She has raised her rates??? used to be 3 for $5

Old Dude
09-07-2011, 04:53 PM
1. Stay healthy.
2. Avoid injuries.
3. Stay healthy.

I think the starting units are well above average and can be competitive with anyone.

But, other than WR, this team has no depth at all. And yes, that includes QB.

OBF1
09-07-2011, 04:55 PM
1) Better ownership and management
2) Long term solution at QB
3) DT

None of the above gives us depth on the OL.... The jury is still out on Walton and Beadles and Franklin. or a stud running back... forget mentioning a younger CB with depth and a MLB worth a damn.

Vegas_Bronco
09-07-2011, 04:57 PM
A. Beat the raiders (good run defense with avg pass defense)
B. Beat the chiefs (good run defense with avg short pass defense)
C. Beat the chargers (avg run defense with good overall pass defense)

...it really is this easy to win and although orton is good to mask his emotion...his play sure as hell wobbles with the momentum changes.

Requiem
09-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Now send these ideas to broncos@nfl.com.

HAT
09-07-2011, 05:19 PM
For this year?

1) Keep Orton healthy
2) Get creative with Tebow around the goal line
3) Get substantial pressure on opposing QB's so there is not such a turnover disparity.

Next year and beyond?

1) Name Tebow the starter the second Orton signs his FA deal
2) Draft or acquire a STUD MLB
3) Replace the OC

OBF1
09-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Simple.... WIN MORE GAMES

end thread :)

SoCalBronco
09-07-2011, 05:33 PM
None of the above gives us depth on the OL.... The jury is still out on Walton and Beadles and Franklin. or a stud running back... forget mentioning a younger CB with depth and a MLB worth a damn.

I agree that none of the above gives us more depth on the OL, however all three of the above are probably more vital to success than getting depth on the OL.

gyldenlove
09-07-2011, 05:33 PM
1. Defensive identity - we have replaced the DC every year for a long time that **** has to stop.
2. Commitment to running - running the ball well is the best offensive predictor of winning.
3. Improve the middle of the defense - the most important players when it comes to run defense are your middle linebacker(s) and defensive line, both need upgraded.

OABB
09-07-2011, 05:35 PM
1.start tebow
2.score more points
3.win more games

Houshyamama
09-07-2011, 05:38 PM
She has raised her rates??? used to be 3 for $5

She said Bob's going through his adult-diapers faster than he used to.

Dedhed
09-07-2011, 05:42 PM
1. Find a real QB whether it's Tebow or a 2012 pick.
2. Improve the secondary
3. Improve the interior offensive line

MLB and DL aren't far behind...

Almost perfect.

A)Find a franchise QB to start the 2012 season. That might be Tebow, and if it is, commit to building an offense around his unique skills. If it's not, sell out for one of the top 3 guys in the 2012 draft.

B)Improve the secondary. The developments this off-season have left us desperately thin in the secondary. Champ will be fine for a couple of years. The truth about Rahim will be revealed this year, as will Vaughn. Whether they're both gold or both duds, way we need to replace Dawk and find better depth.

C)The OL is scary thin. Beadles and Walton are both still major question marks, and there's total garbage behind them.

MLB- I like Mays as a thumper inside, but he's limited as far as versatility goes, and I doubt he stays healthy. I like Irving and think he has the potential to be a very good all around Mike, but there are still major question marks. At least DJ's back outside where he belongs.

DL- I like Vickerson, and think that if Von and Doom are up to billing, we can get away without a marquis player inside. Although to make them truly effective we need an offense that can put up some points and force teams to throw the ball.

vonqkilla
09-07-2011, 05:47 PM
1. Start Tebow by week 10, last 6 determine what we do with our 1st rounder in 2012

2. Either draft the qb or build around tebow, by drafting best player available at dt and guard.

3. Be aggressive and creative in playcalling ala Saints and Steelers.

That end around option call in SB for 2 pt was one of the best designed calls ive ever seen.

Pony Boy
09-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Keep Elway from trading two years worth of draft picks for Luck.

OrangeSe7en
09-07-2011, 06:15 PM
1. Be effectie at running the ball
2. Get off the field on 3rd downs
3. Get more turnovers on defense

Br0nc0Buster
09-07-2011, 06:20 PM
For this year

1. Run the ball with some effectiveness
2. Force turnovers on defense
3. Stay healthy

AlienBronco
09-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Since, Orton is our starting QB this year and we know what he brings(~20 TD with about 10 int), we can only hope for him to stay healthy.

Our Offense has to go back to basic, and improve ball security so limiting team TO and fumbles. Moreno must at least double his production to 10 TD.

Now the hard part, Defense has to take a quantum leap in run defense, and turn into a turnover machine. I fully expect our defense will not have any problem in getting to opposing QB s with Doom and Miller, causing havoc and mayhem. This will cause errant throws that will results in a lot of INT!

Now couple this with some luck from the football Gods, were the defense can turn some of these TO and INT into points. We may win enough games to make it to the playoff.

Play2win
09-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Run the ball- at least 110 ypg

Stop the run- opponents < 90 ypg

Score touchdowns instead of fieldgoals.

serious hops
09-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Have the same defensive coordinator for more than a year.

Dedhed
09-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Since, Orton is our starting QB this week
fixed

errand
09-07-2011, 07:01 PM
[] Generate a running game....

[] Generate a pass rush and create turnovers....

[] better pass protection.....

Stop the run and running the ball will more than likely open up so many opportunities that this team didn't have the last two seasons.....

Rascal
09-07-2011, 07:06 PM
1) Become a better running team (interior o-line play)
2) Improve running defense (DT-MLB)
3) Improve overall depth

Worse QBs than Orton have won SBs.

GoBroncos84
09-07-2011, 08:17 PM
1- Fix the middle of the defense. Most notably, we could benefit from getting two quality starters at defensive tackle, allowing Bunkley and M. Thomas to be the 2nd unit rotating in. MLB also needs to be resolved. Would love it if Nate Irving can develop and be that guy, but it is unknown at this point

2- Have a "Franchise Quarterback". He may be on the roster right now and is the only QB under contract next season, but if the team doesn't believe in Tebow as the long term solution then this is a dire need. High draft pick or blockbuster trade, we've gotta have a top level QB. Haven't had one since Elway retired, and we haven't been very good over that period of time.

3- Coach up the young guys. I like the young talent we have on the offensive line, tight ends, receivers, linebackers, and in the secondary. I also still have faith in Moreno at running back. We've seen too many young players get cut lately who never reached their potential. The staff needs to be better and getting the most out of this current group of developing players and allow us to use the draft as our primary means of growth.

I should also mention "Consistency", we cannot keep switching coordinators every season. Long term stability is a hallmark of the elite franchises

Swedish Extrovert
09-07-2011, 08:19 PM
:strong: ^5

A starts with advertising. Milk the Tebow thing as far as they can. Comrel projects with the players, ect.

SoDak Bronco
09-07-2011, 08:24 PM
1. Andrew
2. Friggin
3. Luck

Punisher
09-07-2011, 08:41 PM
They Need To:

<b>(A) Find a long-term solution at quarterback. Someone to be endorsed and get behind. This could involve
drafting a QB early in the coming draft.

(B) Use a wealth of resources (early picks) and FA signing on defensive lineman. Defensive tackle is already a dire need; Robert Ayers has a chance to prove himself this year and Dumervil remains a liability against the run. This has been beating

(C) Star power on offense. A legit offensive weapon outside the quarterback who will acquire special attention. I think we have talented players on offense, but no elite skill players.
</b>

Give your three solutions to make the Broncos legit contenders again.

Pat Bowlen let some ten year old to trade them away

Punisher
09-07-2011, 08:42 PM
1. Andrew
2. Friggin
3. Luck

If we do terrible this year and draft Luck my dick will be hard everyday