PDA

View Full Version : tebow4gabbert?

rugbythug
09-07-2011, 06:56 AM
Dan Patrick asking if a Tim tebow blaine gabbert trade is possible.

BroncoInferno
09-07-2011, 07:00 AM
Elway could have drafted Gabbert if he thought highly of him.

BHamita
09-07-2011, 07:02 AM

I think trading Tebow for Gabbert is stupid(and it won't happen). However, Denver could have still really liked Gabbert, even though they choose Miller.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
09-07-2011, 07:07 AM
I don't think this has a chance at happening, but if it could, I'd say lets do it. Sounds like a win/win, though Gabbert has looked like crap in Jacksonville so far. Gabbert's contract is far cheaper than Tebow's.

BroncoInferno
09-07-2011, 07:09 AM
I think trading Tebow for Gabbert is stupid(and it won't happen). However, Denver could have still really liked Gabbert, even though they choose Miller.

Elway did not invest all that time evaluating quarterbacks during the draft process just to create a smokescreen. I think he was genuinely interested in seeing if there was a franchise guy available, and he concluded there was not. Furthermore, trying to trade a 1st round QB in his rookie season for a 1st round QB in his 2nd season would be a contractual cluster**** of epic proportions. It was retarded for Patrick to even bring that up.

missingnumber7
09-07-2011, 07:13 AM
I don't think this has a chance at happening, but if it could, I'd say lets do it. Sounds like a win/win, though Gabbert has looked like crap in Jacksonville so far. Gabbert's contract is far cheaper than Tebow's.

I like the sound of Gabbert sitting behind Orton for a year or two or more in waiting alot better than Tebow.

But NO WAY this happens unless the Jags give up alot after Bowlen paid out that big bonus.

peacepipe
09-07-2011, 07:15 AM
jacksonville is having problems filling their stadium ??? with that said it's not going to happen.

WolfpackGuy
09-07-2011, 07:15 AM
Is anybody else on the Jags worth having other than Jones-Drew?

missingnumber7
09-07-2011, 07:18 AM
Is anybody else on the Jags worth having other than Jones-Drew?

I'd take any draft picks I could get my hands on now.

OABB
09-07-2011, 07:27 AM
why would we trade our best qb?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-07-2011, 07:29 AM

We wouldn't be. We'd be trading Tebow.

OABB
09-07-2011, 07:34 AM

i said best. my smartphone keypad suckd.

missingnumber7
09-07-2011, 07:35 AM

and again we wouldn't be its Tebow.

cousinal11
09-07-2011, 07:45 AM
Trade him for a 3rd rounder, I'm sick of the headache and the second season hasn't even started.

oubronco
09-07-2011, 07:50 AM
If anything Elway will use Tebow for ammo to get Luck

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-07-2011, 07:54 AM

Your phone keyboard must have mixed up the "F" and "Q" keys. Hate when that happens.

OABB
09-07-2011, 07:56 AM
and again we wouldn't be its Tebow.

oh. you like quinn that much? i thought he looked terrible in the 4th preseason game.

Archer81
09-07-2011, 07:57 AM
Swear to God these threads just get dumber and dumber.

:Broncos:

Dagmar
09-07-2011, 07:57 AM
This thread got retarded fast.

missingnumber7
09-07-2011, 08:01 AM
oh. you like quinn that much? i thought he looked terrible in the 4th preseason game.

Don't disagree with Quinn looking horrible, just don't think that with the players and the system Tebow will work. Watch the game again and tell me how he moves in a pocket, tell me how he checks down, tell me how many times he looks at more than 2 receivers. Because to me it was drop back and WR ain't open ok where is the running hole. On at least 5 plays I was really paying attention to you could tell that he had no intention of throwing and they weren't draw plays.

OABB
09-07-2011, 08:03 AM
Don't disagree with Quinn looking horrible, just don't think that with the players and the system Tebow will work. Watch the game again and tell me how he moves in a pocket, tell me how he checks down, tell me how many times he looks at more than 2 receivers. Because to me it was drop back and WR ain't open ok where is the running hole. On at least 5 plays I was really paying attention to you could tell that he had no intention of throwing and they weren't draw plays.

yeah. looks like a second year qb out there. bust.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-07-2011, 08:06 AM
yeah. looks like a second year qb out there. bust.

You need to stop being so butthurt when people insinuate that maybe Tebow needs some time to get better.

Archer81
09-07-2011, 08:06 AM
On at least 5 plays I was really paying attention to you could tell that he had no intention of throwing and they weren't draw plays.

And then on Denver's lone TD drive he stayed in the pocket, looked for the right receiver and got it to him with great throws in a crumbling pocket...

But by all means, keep ****ing that chicken.

Crushaholic
09-07-2011, 08:07 AM
I was shocked that Gabbert was even considered one of the top quarterbacks in the draft. I didn't think he was anything special in Misery. I'm not surprised that he's not making an immediate impact in the pros...

jhns
09-07-2011, 08:08 AM
You need to stop being so butthurt when people insinuate that maybe Tebow needs some time to get better.

Is that what you are doing when you call him a FB that is worse than the guy he has already proven to be more productive than?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-07-2011, 08:08 AM
And then on Denver's lone TD drive he stayed in the pocket, looked for the right receiver and got it to him with great throws in a crumbling pocket...

Actually, he had a primary option. He looked left to draw the safety, then looked right to find his man streaking down the field. A veteran play to look off the safety like that... and probably how the play was taught to him. Who knows what would have happened if Riley wasn't coming open. Would he have thrown the ball anyway? Taken off running? It's pretty guaranteed that he wouldn't have looked for a second or third option.

Archer81
09-07-2011, 08:10 AM

The post quoted was not saying Tebow needed more time. The post said "Tebow will not work".

I would have really liked to see him behind the first string line, even if for a series...

Tombstone RJ
09-07-2011, 08:10 AM
no thanks. Jax would have to sweeten the deal a whole lot more that just gabbart for Tebow.

Archer81
09-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Actually, he had a primary option. He looked left to draw the safety, then looked right to find his man streaking down the field. A veteran play to look off the safety like that... and probably how the play was taught to him. Who knows what would have happened if Riley wasn't coming open. Would he have thrown the ball anyway? Taken off running? It's pretty guaranteed that he wouldn't have looked for a second or third option.

Jesus Christ...

He made the correct read and it resulted in a TD. Only on this board is that a bad thing.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-07-2011, 08:14 AM
Jesus Christ...

He made the correct read and it resulted in a TD. Only on this board is that a bad thing.

I didn't say it was a bad thing. Please stop cutting yourself.

PRBronco
09-07-2011, 08:15 AM

Because Gabbert has been less successful at every level of football and doesn't have Tebow's elite athleticism or intangibles, but he probably doesn't dip the ball when he winds up to throw, and is thus superior in every way.

Kaylore
09-07-2011, 08:15 AM
Swear to God these threads just get dumber and dumber.

This. Really? Let's trade up, draft a QB and then trade him to the Broncos! NURRR NURR NURRRRRR

Archer81
09-07-2011, 08:16 AM
I didn't say it was a bad thing. Please stop cutting yourself.

I dont cut. It would mar my perfect skin.

OABB
09-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Because Gabbert has been less successful at every level of football and doesn't have Tebow's elite athleticism or intangibles, but he probably doesn't dip the ball when he winds up to throw, and is thus superior in every way.

oh. makes sense now. i was confused.

missingnumber7
09-07-2011, 08:35 AM

So 1 play...congratulations...that should earn him a starting spot right there.

troya900
09-07-2011, 08:42 AM
So 1 play...congratulations...that should earn him a starting spot right there.

Yeah and we have years on how AbOrton screws the pooch on 3rd downs, red zone opportunities and 4th quarter pressure situations....and that earns him the starting spot during the qb "competition". I just hope that when AbOrton starts f'ing up again in those situations I mentioned that Fox will realize AbOrton is a waste of time that will be gone after this year anyway.

missingnumber7
09-07-2011, 08:43 AM
Yeah and we have years on how AbOrton screws the pooch on 3rd downs, red zone opportunities and 4th quarter pressure situations....and that earns him the starting spot during the qb "competition". I just hope that when AbOrton starts f'ing up again in those situations I mentioned that Fox will realize AbOrton is a waste of time that will be gone after this year anyway.

Orton has a history of putting teams in the position to win games IN THE NFL.

jhns
09-07-2011, 08:44 AM

LOL

That is a good joke.

strafen
09-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Orton has a history of putting teams in the position to win games IN THE NFL.His combined W/L record in the last two years truly supports your claim...

Agamemnon
09-07-2011, 09:10 AM
This would likely be one of the worst trades ever if the Broncos were stupid enough to actually do it.

vancejohnson82
09-07-2011, 09:15 AM
I'll take "The Rapist" for $200, Alex

Dedhed
09-07-2011, 09:25 AM

And you need to stop being so butt-hurt when people point out that Orton has reached the peak of his potential.

Dagmar
09-07-2011, 09:25 AM
I'll take "The Rapist" for $200, Alex

I'll take Anal Bum Cover

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-07-2011, 09:36 AM
And you need to stop being so butt-hurt when people point out that Orton has reached the peak of his potential.

Compare/Contrast

I say Tebow needs work. OABB says "you're right, he played like a rookie. Bust." That is butthurt.

While we're here though, you could use a bit less butthurt too. Wipe those tears, deadhead.

Why don't you go ahead and show me where I've been "butthurt" when someone says Orton has reached the peak of his potential. Don't forget to link and show your work, simpleton!

OABB
09-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Compare/Contrast

I say Tebow needs work. OABB says "you're right, he played like a rookie. Bust." That is butthurt.

While we're here though, you could use a bit less butthurt too. Wipe those tears, deadhead.

Why don't you go ahead and show me where I've been "butthurt" when someone says Orton has reached the peak of his potential. Don't forget to link and show your work, simpleton!

thats not what happened. someone else said he had problems with reads. i said "no **** ****lock." hes a second year player. you than came in and said he needs to get bettwr. which I never argued with.

however, seeing as your take on reality has always been off Im not too surprised you would get this so so so wrong.

I like to live in reality and facts. thays why I can say Tebow is the better qb.

btw, how hard is it to look back one page dumb****?

Mat'hir Uth Gan
09-07-2011, 09:43 AM
This. Really? Let's trade up, draft a QB and then trade him to the Broncos! NURRR NURR NURRRRRR

LOL!

To be honest, I would have reacted like you if it were any place other than his home town. Who knows what Jacksonville would do. They can't sell out their stadium, and the fans are still in revolt they didn't draft Tebow in the first place. Gabbert knows all about that.

I think a more realistic trade might be Knighton for Tebow. Jacksonville is frustrated with his weight, and I doubt they resign him in two years, but he's a great NT. Maybe if we really like one of the QBs next draft that trade happens. Even if Tebow can't beat out Gabbert, fans will still go, and interest would skyrocket. If he did win the job, stadium would sell out for the year. Hell, I'd actually buy season tickets.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-07-2011, 09:44 AM
"He's a second year player. Bust."

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.urlesque.com/media/2009/04/chris-crocker-leave-britney.jpg

LEAVE TIMMAH ALONE!!!!!!!!!!

OABB
09-07-2011, 09:45 AM
"He's a second year player. Bust."

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.urlesque.com/media/2009/04/chris-crocker-leave-britney.jpg

LEAVE TIMMAH ALONE!!!!!!!!!!

shouldnt do this after I already tore your vagina open on my last post.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-07-2011, 09:52 AM
shouldnt do this after I already tore your vagina open on my last post.

"Tore vagina open" = "over-dramatized what people were saying about the cock you love to suck"

Got it.

Here, this will help:
http://www.iheartpublix.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/211_kleenex.jpg

OABB
09-07-2011, 09:59 AM
"Tore vagina open" = "over-dramatized what people were saying about the cock you love to suck"

Got it.

Here, this will help:
http://www.iheartpublix.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/211_kleenex.jpg

lame. try again. I will wait. have the day off.

Requiem
09-07-2011, 10:04 AM
11:05 AM MST

The Orange Mane has put TheElusiveKyleOrton on the trading block.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-07-2011, 10:04 AM
lame. try again. I will wait. have the day off.

Maybe on your day off you can figure out that questioning whether Tebow is ready to be a starter is not the same as calling him a bust. Maybe. I'm not waiting around to find out, though, as I actually have **** to do, and I'm not convinced that you'll figure this out on your own.

May your self-discovery yield a clue.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-07-2011, 10:05 AM

Yep. Demanded a trade somewhere with members who have an IQ over 40. It clearly ain't here.

That was pretty funny though, Req.

PRBronco
09-07-2011, 10:07 AM

Pass.

Dedhed
09-07-2011, 10:09 AM

Putting them in position, and then failing to capitalize, that is.

Requiem
09-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Yep. Demanded a trade somewhere with members who have an IQ over 40. It clearly ain't here.

That was pretty funny though, Req.

Everyone on this website has an IQ over 40.

Requiem
09-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Pass.

Tell you what,

I will throw in MacGruder and strafen. That definitely sweetens the pot. Can you say potential?

Shananahan
09-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Did TheElusiveKyleOrton go to Purdue or something? Transplant here from Chicago?

I never really noticed him at all until Tebow became a story around here.

PRBronco
09-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Tell you what,

I will throw in MacGruder and strafen. That definitely sweetens the pot. Can you say potential?

Well, I am moving in a couple weeks, maybe they can carry boxes. Ok I'll trade you a betamax player. I don't have any tapes for it though.

Requiem
09-07-2011, 10:24 AM
You could have traded an ash covered fortune cookie and I'd of still accepted.

You got yourself a deal!

montrose
09-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Jacksonville had a 4th/5th round grade on him. Not happening.

WolfpackGuy
09-07-2011, 10:27 AM
The thread title should be a username...

OABB
09-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Did TheElusiveKyleOrton go to Purdue or something? Transplant here from Chicago?

he was thatdenvermooseguy or whatever his name was. but yeah, his ballcrush on absolute embarrassing has stepped him into the limelight. he his hilarious because he cant.follow a thread without revising truth and he acts objective about tebow in between fullback jokes and than acts as if it never was said.

basically he is a vagina face.

Houshyamama
09-07-2011, 10:32 AM

What type of best are you guys referring to? The best right now? Who has the best potential? I can't stand ambiguous debates. You guys might as well stand around and take turns hitting each other in the head with a hammer.

OABB
09-07-2011, 10:37 AM
What type of best are you guys referring to? The best right now? Who has the best potential? I can't stand ambiguous debates. You guys might as well stand around and take turns hitting each other in the head with a hammer.

only if I go first.

Dagmar
09-07-2011, 10:47 AM

But my opinion is more right that yours!!!

TheReverend
09-07-2011, 10:54 AM

Pardon?

I've never heard anything remotely like this. Source?

Durango
09-07-2011, 11:09 AM

Dumb & unfounded. What's your source?

That floundering franchise could fill the stadium every Sunday with Tebow on the field. Trading anybody for Tebow would be the best thing that bumbling franchise ever did, but they won't, of course.

Dedhed
09-07-2011, 11:12 AM

I think he changes his username every time people catch on to the fact that he's a complete tool.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-07-2011, 11:26 AM
I think he changes his username every time people catch on to the fact that he's a complete tool.

lol at clown shoes obsessed with my username. King clown shoe: deadhead. Runner up (and lead crybaby): OABB. Guy I've never noticed before because he just joined this year: Shananahan.

LOL

Houshyamama
09-07-2011, 11:27 AM

That floundering franchise could fill the stadium every Sunday with Tebow on the field. Trading anybody for Tebow would be the best thing that bumbling franchise ever did, but they won't, of course.

There's a lot of spite in that post.

Gooooooood. Goooooooooooooooood.

Let the hate, floooow through you. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996%E2%80%9397_NFL_playoffs#AFC:_Jacksonville_Jag uars_30.2C_Denver_Broncos_27)

Dedhed
09-07-2011, 11:43 AM
lol at clown shoes obsessed with my username. King clown shoe: deadhead. Runner up (and lead crybaby): OABB. Guy I've never noticed before because he just joined this year: Shananahan.

LOL

No really, how many times have you changed you username?

Rock Chalk
09-07-2011, 11:46 AM
I hate Tebow but there is no ****ing way in hell I am rooting for a Mizzou player.

OABB
09-07-2011, 12:04 PM

LOL

not a crybaby. just want whats best for my broncos. I call it a "fan".

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-07-2011, 12:05 PM
No really, how many times have you changed you username?

Once. No, really.

HorseHead
09-07-2011, 12:29 PM
any chance you could change your name to douc-e bag?

gunns
09-07-2011, 01:12 PM
I like to live in reality and facts. thays why I can say Tebow is the better qb.

Oh hell, that's like saying Karenin is a better poster than LB42 .

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-07-2011, 01:13 PM
any chance you could change your name to douc-e bag?

I prolly could... but why would I? This name drives all the idiots mad. WAY more fun this way.

OABB
09-07-2011, 01:17 PM
Oh hell, that's like saying Karenin is a better poster than LB42 .

lol.

OABB
09-07-2011, 01:19 PM
I prolly could... but why would I? This name drives all the idiots mad. WAY more fun this way.

good point. how about "the3rddownmachinekyleorton" or "theredzoneconvertingkyleorton"? both would be just as funny imo.

BroncoMan4ever
09-07-2011, 01:19 PM
if this idea had any legs at all, i would say do a Quinn for Gabbert trade. right now too much hope is pinned on Tebow by a large portion of the fans that if he were traded without ever having gotten a real shot at leading the team, it would piss off a lot of fans. and sadly fan morale and loyalty has taken some hits in recent years, a shocker like trading the "Savior" could be hugely detrimental to this team.

the only way Tebow becomes tradeable is if the team wins a lot of games with no contributions from him, and even then it will still piss off some fans who believe he is the only option.

peacepipe
09-07-2011, 01:20 PM
if this idea had any legs at all, i would say do a Quinn for Gabbert trade. right now too much hope is pinned on Tebow by a large portion of the fans that if he were traded without ever having gotten a real shot at leading the team, it would piss off a lot of fans. and sadly fan morale and loyalty has taken some hits in recent years, a shocker like trading the "Savior" could be hugely detrimental to this team.

the only way Tebow becomes tradeable is if the team wins a lot of games with no contributions from him, and even then it will still piss off some fans who believe he is the only option.what's the saying, if you worry too much about what fans think, you'll end up sitting with them.

gunns
09-07-2011, 01:24 PM

Maybe it was based on talent, not "excitement".

cutthemdown
09-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Broncos seem content with the 3 qbs, none will be moved and I wish people would just get ready for some football and stop playing internet GM. None of you know as much as Xanders and Elway even if you think you are really smart. You just don't have all the information needed to make a good guess as to what or why the Broncos do or don't do something.

bombay
09-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Please.

vancejohnson82
09-07-2011, 01:45 PM
good point. how about "the3rddownmachinekyleorton" or "theredzoneconvertingkyleorton"? both would be just as funny imo.

how about "startingquarterbackkyleorton"

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-07-2011, 02:04 PM

Yeah, but not nearly as funny as something like "TheScreenPassConvertingTimTebow" or "TheNFLReadyTimTebow" or "TheNonBallGrabbingBradyQuinn".

Hmmm.

myMind
09-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Why on earth would we want to trade a playmaker with Tebow's potential?
Sure, he has some work to do, but weve already invested time and money in the kid.
It would be beyond stupid to trade him away and not let the situation play out.

Chris
09-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Child Please.

Fixed that for ya.

errand
09-07-2011, 04:31 PM

Well Elway probably knew what everybody else knows......that defense is what we needed....... we already got a first round draft pick going back up we don't need another one do we?

OABB
09-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Yeah, but not nearly as funny as something like "TheScreenPassConvertingTimTebow" or "TheNFLReadyTimTebow" or "TheNonBallGrabbingBradyQuinn".

Hmmm.

nope. mine were way funnier. as usual.

errand
09-07-2011, 04:39 PM

I'm sorry, but that's just funny I don't care who you are......

I say if you could trade away tebow now to the jaguars do it...... Go tebow!.......and take jhns, Macgruder, ooab, and Agamemnon with you

errand
09-07-2011, 04:41 PM

Well wouldn't we be getting gabbert?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-07-2011, 04:42 PM
nope. mine were way funnier. as usual.

I have no doubt that you -- and only you -- think so. As usual.

elsid13
09-07-2011, 05:12 PM
Well Elway probably knew what everybody else knows......that defense is what we needed....... we already got a first round draft pick going back up we don't need another one do we?

Or Elway knew that this year draft was deeper at the QB spot then last years.

OABB
09-07-2011, 05:20 PM
I have no doubt that you -- and only you -- think so. As usual.

well, i was first and on topic. you just ripped me off and changed the qb name. hence mine was funnier.

OABB
09-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Well wouldn't we be getting gabbert?

maybe for orton? oh wait, no one wants him.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-07-2011, 05:56 PM
well, i was first and on topic. you just ripped me off and changed the qb name. hence mine was funnier.

Actually, my screen name was first, so no, you weren't first, or original, or terribly funny. It was alright, but nothing like "TheElusiveKyleOrton." You're welcome to keep trying, though.

OABB
09-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Actually, my screen name was first, so no, you weren't first, or original, or terribly funny. It was alright, but nothing like "TheElusiveKyleOrton." You're welcome to keep trying, though.

Thefunnyposternamedtheelusivekyleorton?

errand
09-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Jesus Christ...

You think the hatred is bad now...wait'll he throws for 3600 yards 20 TD's against only 9 INT's....

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-07-2011, 06:11 PM
You think the hatred is bad now...wait'll he throws for 3600 yards 20 TD's against only 9 INT's....

Except that it wasn't hatred. Just a statement of fact.

I feel the need to say, again, how much I hope Tim Tebow turns into the QB that you all think he is already, mostly because of what we gave up to get him and what we're paying him.

But then you'll call that hate, and we can all have a good laugh about your stupidity. Again.

baja
09-07-2011, 06:19 PM
IS THIS THREAD REALLY 5 PAGES long

What have I missed besides; Tebow sucks - No he doesn't

DBroncos4life
09-07-2011, 06:21 PM
IS THIS THREAD REALLY 5 PAGES long

What have I missed besides; Tebow sucks - No he doesn't

Im sure Orton sucks has been tossed out there as well.

errand
09-07-2011, 06:47 PM
maybe for orton? oh wait, no one wants him.

maybe...maybe not. However starters generate a higher asking price than say, i dunno....underachieving 1st rounders

errand
09-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Except that it wasn't hatred. Just a statement of fact.

I feel the need to say, again, how much I hope Tim Tebow turns into the QB that you all think he is already, mostly because of what we gave up to get him and what we're paying him.

But then you'll call that hate, and we can all have a good laugh about your stupidity. Again.

Look again at the numbers posted in the post I made....do they look familiar?

Know of any Broncos QB that put up those kind of numbers?

prunch
09-07-2011, 07:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/hQxue.gif

Dedhed
09-07-2011, 07:32 PM
You think the hatred is bad now...wait'll he throws for 3600 yards 20 TD's against only 9 INT's....Tebow?

zdoor
09-07-2011, 08:21 PM

Won't matter if he goes 3-10. He'd be on the **** list just like your boy...

OABB
09-07-2011, 08:32 PM
maybe...maybe not. However starters generate a higher asking price than say, i dunno....underachieving 1st rounders

what about first rounders who outperform current starters?

Punisher
09-07-2011, 08:34 PM
DO IT NOW!

errand
09-08-2011, 04:32 AM
what about first rounders who outperform current starters?

You say tebow outperformed kyle orton but the bottom line is this........

He only won 1 out of 3 starts which is basically the same thing kyle orton did in '10

And he did not beat Kyle out in practice and training camp this season.....

And since you claimed that he has all this immense talent then it should be assumed that he could beat out kyle orton who is allegedly of mediocre talent. So I would say they're about the same.......

errand
09-08-2011, 04:41 AM
Won't matter if he goes 3-10. He'd be on the **** list just like your boy...

First off..... orton is not my boy......I'd dump him in a heartbeat if it meant the broncos winning the superbowl...... unlike a lot of hero worshippers on this board I do not put any one player above the team.

As for you saying that if tim tebow went 3-10 that he too would be booed...... I'll just go ahead and throw a b******* flag on that right now. Way too many people on this board are in love with tim tebow... more so than they are in love with the denver broncos. They would rather go 3-10 with Tebow than 10-3 with orton.

swaiy
09-08-2011, 04:49 AM
Way too many people on this board are in love with tim tebow... more so than they are in love with the denver broncos. They would rather go 3-10 with Tebow than 10-3 with orton.

That's a little extreme don't you think? lol

errand
09-08-2011, 04:54 AM

Have you read the posts of these hero worshippers? They don't care how the team does as long as tim tebow is our starting quarterback...... which is why they cannot understand his not being named our starter..... so they come up with all of these conspiracy theories to justify his sitting on the bench.

errand
09-08-2011, 05:02 AM
It's got to be an extreme sickness when people cannot even say that kyle orton does anything good....

He throws a touchdown pass and it was just a great catch of a crappy throw by the wide receiver..... he doesn't turn the ball over in the red zone and we have to settle for a field goal instead of 0 points and it's a bad thing.... however if it was the other way around with tim tebow as our quarterback it would be the smartest thing a guy could do

strafen
09-08-2011, 05:51 AM
It's got to be an extreme sickness when people cannot even say that kyle orton does anything good....

He throws a touchdown pass and it was just a great catch of a crappy throw by the wide receiver..... he doesn't turn the ball over in the red zone and we have to settle for a field goal instead of 0 points and it's a bad thing.... however if it was the other way around with tim tebow as our quarterback it would be the smartest thing a guy could do

Let me say it. Kyle Orton sucks ass. Period. End of story.
He does a good thing here and there, at the end of the day, he's still a mediocre QB. /end thread.

jhns
09-08-2011, 06:16 AM

Or just stupid. Pretty much on par with all of his posts.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-08-2011, 06:51 AM
Let me say it. Kyle Orton sucks ass. Period. End of story.
He does a good thing here and there, at the end of the day, he's still a mediocre QB. /end thread.

And yet, Tebow couldn't take his job.

So... what does that make Tebow?

OABB
09-08-2011, 08:03 AM
And yet, Tebow couldn't take his job.

So... what does that make Tebow?

screwed by the broncos?

OABB
09-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Have you read the posts of these hero worshippers? They don't care how the team does as long as tim tebow is our starting quarterback...... which is why they cannot understand his not being named our starter..... so they come up with all of these conspiracy theories to justify his sitting on the bench.

i dont care who is quarterback as long as the best guy plays. why cant you understand this? I hated Tebow.

but as a BRONCO fan I want him.

because he is the better qb. period. end of story.

Dedhed
09-08-2011, 08:14 AM
And yet, Tebow couldn't take his job.Relax, he will.

So... what does that make Tebow?Slighted. He's proven better at every opportunity. He wasn't given an opportunity this pre-season by the new regime. As soon as he is given one, it will be over.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-08-2011, 08:14 AM
screwed by the broncos?

yes, you absolutely nailed it. The franchise wants to "screw" its meal ticket. He's the better QB, but he won't start because of the agenda against him.

:rofl:

That's simply retarded. You're welcome to think that, but it's simply retarded.

jhns
09-08-2011, 08:22 AM
yes, you absolutely nailed it. The franchise wants to "screw" its meal ticket. He's the better QB, but he won't start because of the agenda against him.

He didn't claim there was an agenda against him. You are such a drama queen. You have to be a retarded drama queen to come with that response...

Dedhed
09-08-2011, 08:22 AM

He throws a touchdown pass and it was just a great catch of a crappy throw by the wide receiver..... he doesn't turn the ball over in the red zone and we have to settle for a field goal instead of 0 points and it's a bad thing.... however if it was the other way around with tim tebow as our quarterback it would be the smartest thing a guy could doAny QB in the NFL can do some good things.

You've lit on a great point regarding Orton. The support is based ore on what he doesn't do, turn the ball over in the RZ, than what he can do. He doesn't make many bad throws, but he also can't make anything happen, and is his worst when it matters most.

OABB
09-08-2011, 08:25 AM

does it matter that thats not at all what I said? dont want to make your hateboner go limp..but I never claimed conspiracy **** job. he just got screwed. its fact. it happens. like how you got screwed by getting the stupod gene. not your fault.

peacepipe
09-08-2011, 08:25 AM
Relax, he will.

Slighted. He's proven better at every opportunity. He wasn't given an opportunity this pre-season by the new regime. As soon as he is given one, it will be over.he had every opportunity during camp & PS. hell,they were ready to trade orton to give him the chance to be the QBOTF in denver.

baja
09-08-2011, 08:26 AM
I'm glad we pon't post with ink and paper because these Tebow threads would be a gross waste of trees

OABB
09-08-2011, 08:29 AM
he had every opportunity during camp & PS. hell,they were ready to trade orton to give him the chance to be the QBOTF in denver.

maybe. but shouldnt game action be more important than tc? brady quinn anyone?

we are veter with tebow...in games. thats kind of important to winning games.

zdoor
09-08-2011, 08:34 AM
First off..... orton is not my boy......I'd dump him in a heartbeat if it meant the broncos winning the superbowl...... unlike a lot of hero worshippers on this board I do not put any one player above the team.

As for you saying that if tim tebow went 3-10 that he too would be booed...... I'll just go ahead and throw a b******* flag on that right now. Way too many people on this board are in love with tim tebow... more so than they are in love with the denver broncos. They would rather go 3-10 with Tebow than 10-3 with orton.

Your entire premise is based on assumption. 99% of those arguing for Tebow are for seeing what we have in him, not keeping him regardless of his play. He's shown flashes, and regardless of what has happened in camp (which most haven't seen) his play on the field is not horrible, as most posters on the board who support Orton make it out to be. He's a 2nd year player, who had an unprecedented off season with no coaching contact or OTA's and he needs work. The hate for him is ridiculous. You'd think he was damn Jamarcus Russel...

Look, IMO, Orton earned the right to enter the season as the starter but hardly a shred more and that is solely based on camp and giving our new FO the benefit of the doubt, because his play in the preseason wasn't all that. His previous play as the Broncos starting QB has earned him the shortest of leashes and the right to have his ass boo'd off the field if he reverts back to what he's been for the last 2 years, a guy who chokes under pressure, and a guy who led us to the worst loss and worse season in my lifetime. The best chance to win BS that is given to Orton needs to be shown on the field or he should be thrown the **** off the field.

Like any other fan, I'd like to see wins, unfortunately Orton has not shown the ability to lead anyone to ****... I hope he's successful (as in over .500 at the bye while showing the ability to win a game in the clutch), if not, IMO, get the **** out of Denver and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

missingnumber7
09-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Relax, he will.

Slighted. He's proven better at every opportunity. He wasn't given an opportunity this pre-season by the new regime. As soon as he is given one, it will be over.

You second statement is the problem. How is he slighted? Its not like being a first round pick entitled him to anything.

jhns
09-08-2011, 09:12 AM
You second statement is the problem. How is he slighted? Its not like being a first round pick entitled him to anything.

He was slighted by having a coach that is a terrible judge of QB play. He outplayed Orton by a lot in live games last season. They both looked the same this season and Tebow completely outplayed Quinn. From all this, Tebow never got a fair competition with Orton this offseason as he never got to work with the first team. He is also listed as two, with Quinn, the guy that looked about a fifth as good as Tebow this preseason.

What exactly do you call outplaying your competition every time you step on the field only to not even get the chance at a fair competition, while being told you are no better than a guy that was terrible?... This is pretty much the definition of slighted.

peacepipe
09-08-2011, 09:29 AM
IDK what to tell you, I've watched all 4 preseason games and he hasn't outplayed orton for one & he's about even at best with quinn.

Tombstone RJ
09-08-2011, 09:32 AM
IDK what to tell you, I've watched all 4 preseason games and he hasn't outplayed orton for one & he's about even at best with quinn.

shocking

jhns
09-08-2011, 09:40 AM

In reality. It is pretty obvious that you didn't watch preseason and there is no way you watched last season. If you thought Quinn played as well as Tebow in this preseason, you don't have eyes. Like that one isn't even somewhat close.

OABB
09-08-2011, 09:43 AM

and with that you have lost any or all credibility. please troll elsewhere.

vancejohnson82
09-08-2011, 09:43 AM
In reality. It is pretty obvious that you didn't watch preseason and there is no way you watched last season. If you thought Quinn played as well as Tebow in this preseason, you don't have eyes. Like that one isn't even somewhat close.

Tebow will be our starter next year, barring some sort of a miracle season by Orton

but Tebow looked like crap in the preseason...if you didn't see that than you have blinders on

jhns
09-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Tebow will be our starter next year, barring some sort of a miracle season by Orton

but Tebow looked like crap in the preseason...if you didn't see that than you have blinders on

He had a better QB rating than the other two( which only measures throwing and doesn't show what he brings with his legs). I think you are seeing what you want to see, especially if you think he is even with Quinn.