PDA

View Full Version : what do you want?

peacepipe
09-06-2011, 07:58 PM
I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. I want to see our team either go deep in the playoffs or suck for luck. I hate the in between ****.

Archer81
09-06-2011, 08:02 PM
<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IuRFpL5PFKQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:Broncos:

The Joker
09-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Balls deep mang.

To do so young guys like Miller, Moore, Vaughn, Moreno, Franklin, Beadles, Walton and many other young guys are going to have to step up and play really good football this year.

That would excite me a lot more than seeing our roster suck from top to bottom and praying that some rookie will come along and save the day.

Br0nc0Buster
09-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Ill never root for our team to suck

Luck is no guarantee

Lets go to the playoffs, thats what I want and will root for this year

Dr. Broncenstein
09-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Young Jennifer Tilly. Or old Jennifer Tilly. Or both. You know, to play poker.

HAT
09-06-2011, 08:19 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/lawrence_office_space_RE_if_you_had_3_3_billion_do llars_what_would_you_do_with_it-s498x263-47204.jpg

Two chicks at the same time, man. F'n A!

FireFly
09-06-2011, 08:20 PM
The poll should include the middle of the road option.

I for one would rather years of 10-6 or 11-5 over a SB and then sucking for 15 years afterwards.

OBF1
09-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Denver is alot closer to a high draft pick than it is to a deep run in the playoffs.

NFLBRONCO
09-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Suck for Luck

QB's give you best chance to turn corner FASTER.

Taco John
09-06-2011, 08:46 PM
The poll should include the middle of the road option.

I for one would rather years of 10-6 or 11-5 over a SB and then sucking for 15 years afterwards.

If the choice is to win a Superbowl this year, and then suck for 15 years, my only question is where do I sign?

Mogulseeker
09-06-2011, 08:50 PM
If we're in a race to the bottom, the former... if we have a chance for the latter, then the latter.

I will never cheer against the Broncos though.

Gcver2ver3
09-06-2011, 08:54 PM
easiest question i've ever answered...

broncocalijohn
09-06-2011, 08:59 PM
DENVERDUI55 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=28148), NFLBRONCO (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=440), peacepipe (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=8404)

Three people who should turn in their Broncos fan card.

NFLBRONCO
09-06-2011, 09:06 PM
DENVERDUI55 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=28148), NFLBRONCO (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=440), peacepipe (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=8404)

Three people who should turn in their Broncos fan card.

LOL

I just want to win rings. I think landing QB (if they pan out) is quickest way to do so.

BTW I have no power on the results this year.

If I felt we have that guy at QB for sure I'd feel different. QB is our biggest weakness

Our talent level isn't good right now.

GoHAM
09-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Try to win every game.
I'm tired of losing.

Br0nc0Buster
09-06-2011, 09:23 PM
LOL

I just want to win rings. I think landing QB (if they pan out) is quickest way to do so.

If I felt we have that guy at QB for sure I'd feel different. QB is our biggest weakness

Well you dont NEED a top pick to get a qb
Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Rothlisberger

but there is always the option of trading our draft away to move up for a top pick, ie the Jets with Sanchez

TDmvp
09-06-2011, 09:41 PM
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/9850/ghostbustersh.jpg
Just say no , to Suck for Luck

strafen
09-06-2011, 09:54 PM
That'll be awesome to get Luck, that's for sure.
Having a winning season and/or a play-off appearance is all good, but that's all we're going to get as long as we don't have a QB that will win games for you when things are rough, a QB that will win games year in year out with the potential to go to the SB.
Having a winning season with Orton, will pretty much ensure we will never get over the hump. So close, yet too far type of seasons for many years...

We need a QB that when it comes down to play-off time the guy is going to fight the big boys away or at home. Somebody you know is all about will, and winning...
If we're going to suck, let it be this year. We're still rebuilding and we have at least one season of grace period to start making big strides...

vancejohnson82
09-06-2011, 09:59 PM
LOL

Whats the number of #1 drafted QBs winning the Super Bowl versus the number of 2-7 round picks that have won the Super Bowl?

btw, you are a ****in disgrace of a fan

NFLBRONCO
09-06-2011, 10:06 PM
Well you dont NEED a top pick to get a qb
Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Rothlisberger

but there is always the option of trading our draft away to move up for a top pick, ie the Jets with Sanchez

True, but I'd rather guarantee to land one outright vs having to mortage alot of picks to secure it.

NFLBRONCO
09-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Whats the number of #1 drafted QBs winning the Super Bowl versus the number of 2-7 round picks that have won the Super Bowl?

Ok fair enough I'm a disgrace wanting to win a SB. I forgot all those SB rings or SB games we've played in since Elway retired. 1 playoff win since SB.

That One Guy
09-06-2011, 10:09 PM
So recent #1 picks that succeeded in turning around their team going back to Peyton (So not recent but let's try it):

Peyton
Vick(Maybe)
Eli/Rivers
Any more?

Archer81
09-06-2011, 10:21 PM
So recent #1 picks that succeeded in turning around their team going back to Peyton (So not recent but let's try it):

Peyton
Vick(Maybe)
Eli/Rivers
Any more?

Ryan. Stafford possibly, depending on what the Lions do this season.

NFLBRONCO
09-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Ok fair enough I'm a disgrace wanting to win a SB. I forgot all those SB rings or SB games we've played in since Elway retired. 1 playoff win since SB.

I want Luck I highly doubt he'd drop past #1 so waiting til later won't work I'm guessing.

myMind
09-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Somebody you know is all about will, and winning...

We do have that somebody.
Wait and see.

That One Guy
09-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Ryan. Stafford possibly, depending on what the Lions do this season.

You're right to a degree but I think that Falcons team just got F'd over by everything happening at once with Vick and the coach bailing. I don't think he had to turn the team around. The overall point was that bad teams stay bad teams even after they draft a QB. I just don't agree that getting a new rookie QB is the answer to a quick turnaround.

DBroncos4life
09-06-2011, 10:35 PM

QB's drafted number one overall
John Elway x2
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
Troy Aikman x3
Terry Bradshaw x4
Jim Plunkett x2

First round QBs
Aaron Rodgers
Ben Roethlisberger x2
Trent Dilfer
Jim McMahon
Phil Simms
Doug Williams
Bob Griese x2
Len Dawson
Joe Namath
What is it 24 out of 44 SB's have been won by a first round QB (one more if you count Steve Young) 13 by the first overall pick alone.

I'm not saying we should suck for Luck but, first round QBs do have more then 50% of the wins.

montrose
09-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Based on the way the question is worded I'd lean Suck for Luck as Andrew Luck looks to have all the makings... however, a deep playoff run would be very profitable and that would assist the team in it's biggest weakness right now (IMO) - cash flow.

That One Guy
09-06-2011, 10:44 PM
QB's drafted number one overall
John Elway x2
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
Troy Aikman x3
Terry Bradshaw x4
Jim Plunkett x2

First round QBs
Aaron Rodgers
Ben Roethlisberger x2
Trent Dilfer
Jim McMahon
Phil Simms
Doug Williams
Bob Griese x2
Len Dawson
Joe Namath
What is it 24 out of 44 SB's have been won by a first round QB (one more if you count Steve Young) 13 by the first overall pick alone.

I'm not saying we should suck for Luck but, first round QBs do have more then 50% of the wins.

If you think stats tell the whole picture here then you're mistaken.

DBroncos4life
09-06-2011, 10:59 PM

Then what does it tell? He asked a question and I answered it and you comeback with that???

Kurt Warner undrafted
Bart Starr 17th round x2
Roger Staubach 10th round x2
John Unitas 9th round
Brad Johnson 9th round
Tom Brady 6th round x3
Mark Rypien 6th round
Joe Theismann 4th round
Jeff Hostetler 3rd round
Joe Montana 3rd round x4
Ken Stabler 2nd round
Brett Favre 2nd round
Drew Brees 2nd round

1st round QBs 15
2nd round QBs 3
3rd round QBs 2
4th round QBs 1
6th round QBs 2
9th round QBs 2
10th round QBs 1
17th round QBs 1
undrafted QBs 1
I would say the Odds increase with a QB drafted in the first round wouldn't you? 15 to 13 in favor of the first round QBs.

SoCalBronco
09-06-2011, 11:42 PM
Based on the way the question is worded I'd lean Suck for Luck as Andrew Luck looks to have all the makings... however, a deep playoff run would be very profitable and that would assist the team in it's biggest weakness right now (IMO) - cash flow.

Why should we care whether its profitable for Bowlen when circumstances seem to suggest that its far from certain that he would reinvest these additional profits (from the playoff run) in the team?

Remember there's still no cap floor for one more summer. If you don't think he's going to bleed it for all its worth at least one more time, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Los Broncos
09-06-2011, 11:44 PM
**** sucking for luck, I want to win games.

Taco John
09-07-2011, 12:13 AM
Why should we care whether its profitable for Bowlen when circumstances seem to suggest that its far from certain that he would reinvest these additional profits (from the playoff run) in the team?

Remember there's still no cap floor for one more summer. If you don't think he's going to bleed it for all its worth at least one more time, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Cash flow solves problems, man. You can't invest in your business without it. Whether you trust Bowlen or not anymore - and I fully appreciate why faith in him has been rocked given his recent comments on McDaniels (among other things) - it will always be better for the franchise to make money than to not make money. Especially now that Elway's name is attached to this thing.

Borks147
09-07-2011, 12:55 AM
If the choice is to win a Superbowl this year, and then suck for 15 years, my only question is where do I sign?

Pretty sure you already signed some time in 1998....

Rock Chalk
09-07-2011, 04:52 AM
LOL

Not.Even.Close.

No DT, no true MLB, aging Safeties, are far more glaring weaknesses than QB. Lack of depth is yet another weakness more glaring than QB.

BUT, we at least righted the ship in the coaching department, it appears that we have righted the ship in the pass rush department. It also appears that we have righted teh ship in the run-blocking department. We had a LOT of things to fix from last year, a LOT, and we are on the road to recovery.

And like others have said, Luck is a great prospect but there is no guarantee with him and there will be other QBs next year worth taking a look at IF we have to.

crawdad
09-07-2011, 05:11 AM
Winning games this year takes precedence! I would never want to be bad just to get a draft pick!

peacepipe
09-07-2011, 05:18 AM
Not.Even.Close.

No DT, no true MLB, aging Safeties, are far more glaring weaknesses than QB. Lack of depth is yet another weakness more glaring than QB.

BUT, we at least righted the ship in the coaching department, it appears that we have righted the ship in the pass rush department. It also appears that we have righted teh ship in the run-blocking department. We had a LOT of things to fix from last year, a LOT, and we are on the road to recovery.

And like others have said, Luck is a great prospect but there is no guarantee with him and there will be other QBs next year worth taking a look at IF we have to.

one thing always holds ture in the NFL,if you got a franchise QB sitting there for you to pick in the draft you take him. lack of depth at another position doesn't mean a damn thing when comes to the impact a franchise QB can make on a team. the colts year in & year out have a lack of depth problem on defense.

WolfpackGuy
09-07-2011, 05:39 AM
They're gonna suck regardless, so throw Teboz and any other young guys out there to see what they have moving forward.

strafen
09-07-2011, 05:52 AM

How so?
Please explain...

strafen
09-07-2011, 05:56 AM
We do have that somebody.
Wait and see.

Some of us know that, others ignore, and everybody wants to know...

oubronco
09-07-2011, 06:01 AM
I will always root for them to win every game but reality is this team still needs alot of upgrades and will be in the run for Luck whether we like it or not

strafen
09-07-2011, 06:08 AM

Three people who should turn in their Broncos fan card.Why is that?
The poll results may not be as lopsided as the current numbers would indicate.
There are a lot of big name of posters missing in that poll.
I'll give you a hint: They know the importance of a franchise #1 pick of the draft QB.
Had this poll been "anonymous" the results would have been a lot closer...
Just saying...

jhns
09-07-2011, 06:13 AM
I don't think I have even seen Luck throw a ball. I would rather win games even if you told me Brafy was coming out again.

Kaylore
09-07-2011, 06:27 AM
The problem with "Suck for Luck" is this isn't the NBA or NHL where top tier players are a sure thing. QB's are harder to predict. I was never a fan, but Leinart his junior year was considered to be awesome. Jake Locker was the be-all end-all and then collapsed his senior year. He was still drafted 8th overall by a desperate Titans team wishing to erase the Vince Young taste from their mouths. The point is hoping one player will save you is foolhardy and trying to lose to get one guy is shortsighted and stupid. Everyone benefits when you win.

cmhargrove
09-07-2011, 06:50 AM
Anyone who wants to watch the Broncos lose for any reason isn't my kind of fan.

Let's build a viscious defense and runa game, then insert "x" at QB. I love football, real head pounding, pad-popping football. It's about time that the Broncos got mean again, and that really has less to do with the QB this year.

Defense + Run Game = Winning

The QB drama should settle itself by next year's draft, let's build a good team for our QBOTF, whomever that might be.

vancejohnson82
09-07-2011, 08:33 AM
Then what does it tell? He asked a question and I answered it and you comeback with that???

Kurt Warner undrafted
Bart Starr 17th round x2
Roger Staubach 10th round x2
John Unitas 9th round
Brad Johnson 9th round
Tom Brady 6th round x3
Mark Rypien 6th round
Joe Theismann 4th round
Jeff Hostetler 3rd round
Joe Montana 3rd round x4
Ken Stabler 2nd round
Brett Favre 2nd round
Drew Brees 2nd round

1st round QBs 15
2nd round QBs 3
3rd round QBs 2
4th round QBs 1
6th round QBs 2
9th round QBs 2
10th round QBs 1
17th round QBs 1
undrafted QBs 1
I would say the Odds increase with a QB drafted in the first round wouldn't you? 15 to 13 in favor of the first round QBs.

A lot of those QBs were drafted late in the first round though. I wasn't trying to really prove an overwhelming point or anything, just found it interesting how well it was proportioned up front, but not neccessarily #1 picks.

That One Guy
09-07-2011, 08:37 AM
I'm not at a computer to elaborate but if you don't know the faults in finding stats to support a theory then you're just stuck believing what you want to believe and seeing what you want to see.

oubronco
09-07-2011, 08:46 AM
http://jronmorgan.com/images/funny/1249926691_jamie_lee_curtis.gif

strafen
09-07-2011, 08:57 AM
I don't think I have even seen Luck throw a ball. I would rather win games even if you told me Brafy was coming out again.Once you see him play, you'll know then he's the real deal.
Perhaps the most NFL-ready QB there is.
Don't get me wrong. I'd love for Tebow to get a shot.
I just don't understand this BSing around about not giving the guy a shot.

Tebow will learn on the job. You don't get better at fixing mechanical flaws holding a clipboard on the sidelines.

Now, we have two number "two" QB's on the roster. Translation: When Fox would need somebody to go in for Orton, he's going with Quinn...

Agamemnon
09-07-2011, 09:08 AM
I want Tebow to start and then let the cards fall where they may. We aren't making any deep playoff run with Orton (or Tebow honestly).

NFLBRONCO
09-07-2011, 12:04 PM
The problem with "Suck for Luck" is this isn't the NBA or NHL where top tier players are a sure thing. QB's are harder to predict. I was never a fan, but Leinart his junior year was considered to be awesome. Jake Locker was the be-all end-all and then collapsed his senior year. He was still drafted 8th overall by a desperate Titans team wishing to erase the Vince Young taste from their mouths. The point is hoping one player will save you is foolhardy and trying to lose to get one guy is shortsighted and stupid. Everyone benefits when you win.

We realize that about any player. People act like me wanting Luck and how we'll actually do are the same thing. I want to be a yearly playoff team a legit QB get's you there faster. We aren't a playoff team period so excuse me to want to get there. We sure have been on fire with 1 playoff win since SB. This franchise needs a face of the franchise on offense imo. I like Tebow and believe he should play but, I'm not convinced he's a franchise QB.

vonqkilla
09-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Luck is legit like Manning was at Tenn.
Sucking for Luck might overall be the best strategy long term. But folding and quitting is something unforgivable, and the ticket and sales and revenue lost by such a strategy would probably bankrupt Bowlens budget for the club.

Its the biggest reason Tebow started the last 2 in 2010.

Prepare for a new qb controversy in 12 according to most everyone.

DBroncos4life
09-07-2011, 04:45 PM
A lot of those QBs were drafted late in the first round though. I wasn't trying to really prove an overwhelming point or anything, just found it interesting how well it was proportioned up front, but not neccessarily #1 picks.

Since 1970 17 QBs have been taken number one overall. 6 have won SBs. It's hard to count out the guys drafted from 2001 on as well. Only Russell and Palmer (who will be back) are out of the NFL. Carr is a back up but he still is playing.

broncosteven
09-07-2011, 06:03 PM
What happens if Luck gets busted doing drugs then gets caught stealing clothes from a crappy department store near campus and then blows out his knee in the last game of the college season?

Shouldn't the "suck for luck" idiots wait to see what happens this season?