PDA

View Full Version : Sports Authority has screwed the pooch

crush17
09-06-2011, 08:32 PM
WACK.

http://www.kdvr.com/sports/kdvr-photos-new-signage-at-broncos-stadium-20110906,0,4571475.photogallery

I understand they're paying to have their name on the stadium, but the red is just stupid.

Br0nc0Buster
09-06-2011, 08:34 PM
The logo reminds me of a Rawlings baseball

oh and the colors are crap

brncs_fan
09-06-2011, 08:36 PM
If you have to be in a helicopter or blimp to see it, it won't matter. The colors that the fans wear will be greater than this.

Kaylore
09-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Patriots colors?

bronco militia
09-06-2011, 08:41 PM
for ****s sakes people, blame bowlen and the broncos....

cutthemdown
09-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Isn't that just the sports authority colors? Obviously they will get to use their logo colors etc etc by paying the money. I could care less because football games are supposed to be just a ton of colors and a feast for the eyes. Then again I am color blind so maybe nothing looks the same to me. :) I can see red though! especially around this place.

cutthemdown
09-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Also is it just me or is the fanbase around here mostly just made up of whining and complaining?

OBF1
09-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Really???

Another waste of bandwidth.

Sports Authority's logo has ALWAYS been red.... How are they screwing anyone but you?

Kaylore
09-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Also is it just me or is the fanbase around here mostly just made up of whining and complaining?

This.

ZachKC
09-06-2011, 08:49 PM
http://idigitalcitizen.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/kansas-city-chiefs-rough-480x320.jpg

RhymesayersDU
09-06-2011, 08:52 PM
http://idigitalcitizen.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/kansas-city-chiefs-rough-480x320.jpg

I figured an "Arrowhead West" comment was coming.

RhymesayersDU
09-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Anyways.

Look, this isn't worth getting worked up about, BUT at the same time, when a division rival's colors are red, I think it's somewhat dumb to put that prominently on your stadium.

But the truth is, we'll forget the signs are even there after week 1.

cutthemdown
09-06-2011, 08:57 PM
This.

What is funny is you know that I am no homer. I call it like I see it. Last yr with all the injuries, the 3-4 defense, the rbs and oline problems I was like we are going to stink. You remember I was right here saying it, took some heat for it.

But I just didn't say that without looking at the team, i really went position by position and couldnt find any matchups the Broncos would win very often.

But the oline looks slightly better, then rbs alot better, the TE way better, Doom is back, and we have Miller. Both defenders that IMO can beat any 1 blockers to the QB. You have that and you create hell for the OT and TE. We can win the matchups outside with almost any team IMO. That means offenses will have to leave rbs and TE in to help block on 3rd down. Its a very easy concept, if a TE is blocking he can't burn you down the middle. It takes pressure off your FS and coverage linebackers, now they can attack also.

We will be much better this yr IMO. We probably aren't deep enough to last the season and make playoffs, but I think we win some games this yr, get to 8-8.

Los Broncos
09-06-2011, 08:58 PM
I dont see an issue since you cant really see it.

bronco militia
09-06-2011, 08:59 PM
what about the bright red mcdonalds adds that run on the video screens every 20 seconds?? those have been there for 10 years

crush17
09-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Just think the red looks bad on the stadium

Dukes
09-06-2011, 09:03 PM
If people aren't complaining, they aren't happy.

BroncosSR
09-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Anyways.

Look, this isn't worth getting worked up about, BUT at the same time, when a division rival's colors are red, I think it's somewhat dumb to put that prominently on your stadium.

But the truth is, we'll forget the signs are even there after week 1.

This really isn't a problem except for 1 out of every 15 years when they work themselves into an insanely weak schedule.

Boomhauer
09-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Should have left off "field" and just named it Sports Authority at Mile High.
Their storefronts are also all red-print on white-backdrop, which would have looked much better on Mile High.
http://www.have-fun-in-the-southwest.com/images/ChandlerSportsAuthority.gif

jbiel
09-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Unless they changed their mind, I'm hoping this isn't the finished product.

This was less than a week ago.

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_18801428

strafen
09-06-2011, 09:17 PM
people are not happy unless they're bitchin' about the most stupid **** they can find to post it here so others can bitch about it :wave:

Garcia Bronco
09-06-2011, 09:26 PM
They have to change that signage to Orange at Mile High. There is no other choice. Get it done Hickenlooper

Garcia Bronco
09-06-2011, 09:27 PM
people are not happy unless they're b****in' about the most stupid **** they can find to post it here so others can b**** about it :wave:

This is legit though. We can't have red on our stadium lit in lights. This is a rivalry issue.

theAPAOps5
09-06-2011, 09:28 PM
I don't like the red but at least it isn't on the side and it takes a blimp or help to see it. Bet it still gets changed as they already removed one sign.

The sign under the horse actually looks pretty cool.

Boobs McGee
09-06-2011, 09:29 PM
I don't think it's whiny at all to suggest Sports Authority Field ****ed up big time on this one. I understand they paid for the rights, but come one now...giant red banners on the tops of our stadium. That's ****ing weak. Do you see giant red and silver banners atop Coors Field? No. As a matter of fact, Coors Field's signage is all outlined in purple, the teams colors.

I dunno, just think it's pretty lame on SA's part here.

Garcia Bronco
09-06-2011, 09:30 PM
Now that it's a story..they change to orange by Monday and "Lenny, you'll have saved the lives of millions of registered voters"

It would be great PR.

Ghostbusters quote above. NSFC.

MagicHef
09-06-2011, 09:32 PM
The white letters on a red background says "we bought the naming rights just for publicity," where white letters on an orange background would say "we support the team." At least to me.

BigPlayShay
09-06-2011, 09:33 PM
Signs, signs, everywhere signs

http://www.painetworks.com/photos/ic/ic0964.JPG

Taco John
09-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Man, that red is hideous. It's blasphemy.

BigPlayShay
09-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Hardly matters... if you're winning:

http://www.pittsburghsteelers.co.uk/steelers/browns/2001/browns%20images/heinz%20field%20sign.jpg

http://www.homeandabroad.com/s/siteImages/66/134742_MdBtm_MnTBank2_KG.jpg

http://slanchreport.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/2008-04indydev010.jpg

Vegas_Bronco
09-06-2011, 10:12 PM
For the right price I could have you all wearing chiefs gear...or even raiders gear, but, that don't make it right. NFL has become too big to fail and the fan gameday isjust a small part of revenue machine. Get use to it and check your nastalgia at the door. This just in....they are changing milk to plastic and cartons instead of glass bottles.

broncocalijohn
09-06-2011, 10:21 PM
I dont see an issue since you cant really see it.

Tell that to the 501 section Row Z fans throwing up from too much beer and have to look at that while "chucking". It will be shown during MNF and then all other games are regional and no blimp. Worst spot for their sign until we start winning and getting primo "Blimp" games.

cutthemdown
09-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Don't care just ready to watch some football.

24champ
09-06-2011, 11:36 PM
Someone in Denver should go to Home Depot and buy orange paint, do it yourselves.

montrose
09-06-2011, 11:40 PM
Red's a big part of the brand - I get why they'd want the stadium in their colors.

enjolras
09-07-2011, 12:00 AM
They tore down that really ugly red sign sometime between my morning commute and my ride home. They were putting up a MUCH nicer red-on-white sign on the main entrance by the team store.

bigbucks24
09-07-2011, 12:14 AM
I figured an "Arrowhead West" comment was coming.

What color are the seats in the lower bowl of Arrowhead?

Hulamau
09-07-2011, 12:36 AM
Really???

Another waste of bandwidth.

Sports Authority's logo has ALWAYS been red.... How are they screwing anyone but you?

Really moronic to paint the entire roof of the four main stairwells red! .. Let them use their red logo color on the signs alone but paint the stadium ORANGE and BLUE numbnuts!

bigbucks24
09-07-2011, 12:53 AM
The white letters on a red background says "we bought the naming rights just for publicity," where white letters on an orange background would say "we support the team." At least to me.

Do you think they bought the naming rights to the stadium to support the team? Really? You don't think they spent all that money to promote their business? Why would they spend millions of dollars and no do everything they could to bring attention to their business? If i were a stockholder, I'd be pissed if they invested that money and didn't do everything in their power to draw everyone's attention to their logo.

Boomhauer
09-07-2011, 03:04 AM

I'd be fine with red-lettered "Sports Authority", but not those massive red billboards and indiscriminate white lettering. It makes it look like red's the team's primary color instead of the sponsor's primary color. It's also harder to read than red letters on light background (think of white print on black screen vs black print on white screen).

Oh, and Great Googly Moogly.................
http://cbsdenver.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/4mile-high-name-change-tra.jpg?w=420&h=236&iact=rc&dur=521&ei=QzJnTu2KI6jWiALx3PGHCg&page=1&tbnh=108&tbnw=193&start=0&ndsp=2&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0&tx=90&ty=62

ol#7
09-07-2011, 03:22 AM
I like how nobody is allowed to complain anymore. Somehow if your not objective enough about what has been a crap franchise going on a few years now your somehow a whiner.

First they left off the At Mile High part...then they are making it look like arrowhead west. Why the eff do the fans get the short end on this, we paid for the freaking stadium, the naming rights are a drop in the bucket.

UberBroncoMan
09-07-2011, 04:54 AM
To be honest. Everyone has the right to be pissed off. These colors represent the Chiefs who we all hate. The red, white, and blue represent the Patriots, which is where McD was from.

SA could have gained a lot of love by just going with an orange background. They made claims of being a Colorado company and wanting show everyone they cared, blah, blah. Signs are one thing. Covering the roof of the stadium, etc, in red is quite different. Doesn't even look like a "Broncos" stadium from aerial pics.

All they've done is the opposite. Really beyond me. Could have gained serious love from the Colorado community for a slight blending of yellow into their red for some orange.

UberBroncoMan
09-07-2011, 05:04 AM
Funny thing is. They've used orange before.

http://www.gamasutra.com/db_area/images/news2001/26124/sportsauthority.jpg

MagicHef
09-07-2011, 05:04 AM
Do you think they bought the naming rights to the stadium to support the team? Really? You don't think they spent all that money to promote their business? Why would they spend millions of dollars and no do everything they could to bring attention to their business? If i were a stockholder, I'd be pissed if they invested that money and didn't do everything in their power to draw everyone's attention to their logo.

I know that they spent the money to promote their business, but that shouldn't be the message they want to send. Their advertisements will be better received and more effective, IMO, if they don't scream "this is an ad placed in an attempt to get you to spend your money with us."

Gort
09-07-2011, 05:20 AM
I'd be fine with red-lettered "Sports Authority", but not those massive red billboards and indiscriminate white lettering. It makes it look like red's the team's primary color instead of the sponsor's primary color. It's also harder to read than red letters on light background (think of white print on black screen vs black print on white screen).

Oh, and Great Googly Moogly.................
http://cbsdenver.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/4mile-high-name-change-tra.jpg?w=420&h=236&iact=rc&dur=521&ei=QzJnTu2KI6jWiALx3PGHCg&page=1&tbnh=108&tbnw=193&start=0&ndsp=2&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0&tx=90&ty=62

while they're at it, they should do something about all that green down on the field. there's no green in the Broncos colors, so there shouldn't be any green on the field. maybe they can paint the grass royal blue. that would be more in keeping with supporting the team. any blade of grass that has a problem with that, should just pick up its roots and go find somewhere else to sponge off the earth and the sun.

THE719!
09-07-2011, 06:26 AM
the human race making mountains out of moles hills since the start time<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

WolfpackGuy
09-07-2011, 06:28 AM
Someone forgot to tell Sports Authority the Broncos won't be playing in a game requiring a blimp for awhile.

It won't be noticeable from the ground, but that red roofing has got to go.

Kaylore
09-07-2011, 06:43 AM
Signs, signs, everywhere signs

OMGWTFBBQ teh cH3F KUL3r$ R oN teh BLUUUUU11!!1!!!!1!!!

alkemical
09-07-2011, 06:43 AM
So, which one of you are going up there to draw a big wang on it?

Ratboy
09-07-2011, 06:48 AM
This for some reason has upset me...

Boomhauer
09-07-2011, 06:53 AM
For a lesson in idiotic hyperbole - see WIJG;

WhoIsJohnGalt - "while they're at it, they should do something about all that green down on the field. there's no green in the Broncos colors ... any blade of grass that has a problem with that, should just pick up its roots and go find somewhere else to sponge off the earth and the sun."

For a lesson in argument structure - see below;

If someone dings up your car, WIJG, and it goes to a body shop, don't piss and moan if that panel (or the whole car if it's sideswiped) isn't painted the original color. Maybe the new paint is the choice of the offending driver, bodyshop or insurance company (might include a graphic too). You don't have any say in the matter unless you pay for the paint yourself.
Of course, you may argue that you paid for the car to begin with and therefore have a say in what color it's repainted, but the taxpayers paid for MileHigh and you've argued they have no say in how it's repainted.

tsiguy96
09-07-2011, 07:18 AM
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2011/0907/20110907_125333_cd07newbroncossign.jpg

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_18839642?utm_medium=facebook

alkemical
09-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Seriously, if any one of you think you have a say in the Broncos organizational process - I think you are greatly overestimating your importance on such matters.

You are a peon. You don't matter beyond the food you buy from advertisers to stuff in your pie hole, and from the $ you give to the NFL.

That's all you are to them, a consumer. They don't owe you anything.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-07-2011, 08:37 AM
I'm not super duper pissed about this or anything, but I'd read that SA was going to ensure that the Broncos' colors were represented in the signage (during the hullabaloo that followed those cheap-and-ugly looking banners); ie: the Red would be changed to a deep orange and the highlights would be in blue. Disappointed that it appeared to be lip service.

if we make a big enough stink, or write enough letters to Sports Authority, there's a possibility it could be changed by next year. They are a Colorado company.

alkemical
09-07-2011, 08:38 AM
I'm not super duper pissed about this or anything, but I'd read that SA was going to ensure that the Broncos' colors were represented in the signage (during the hullabaloo that followed those cheap-and-ugly looking banners); ie: the Red would be changed to a deep orange and the highlights would be in blue. Disappointed that it appeared to be lip service.

if we make a big enough stink, or write enough letters to Sports Authority, there's a possibility it could be changed by next year. They are a Colorado company.

Buy D.!cks instead.

DHallblows
09-07-2011, 08:51 AM
First the Teddy Bruschi thread, now this...any other stupid threads we want to start ???

Kaylore
09-07-2011, 09:18 AM
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2011/0907/20110907_125333_cd07newbroncossign.jpg

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_18839642?utm_medium=facebook

In before they whine the crane isn't orange.

OOJack
09-07-2011, 09:23 AM
Who spews nothing but douche comments? I do!

This.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-07-2011, 09:26 AM
My friend Jen works for SA in community outreach. I asked her how it's going. She said that Bronco fans and the color red are making her Wednesday ****ing awful.

So, good job, I guess.

Kaylore
09-07-2011, 09:29 AM
This.

::) I'm sorry I'm not taking your red sign as seriously as you. Life is pretty hard when the sign on a stadium is a color you don't like.

Chris
09-07-2011, 09:29 AM
This.

I think he's more just kind of like... a level headed grown up.

Kaylore
09-07-2011, 09:30 AM
I think he's more just kind of like... a level headed grown up.

No, no! He's right. We can't tolerate this. BRB getting my torch and pitch fork....

jhns
09-07-2011, 09:32 AM
In before they whine the crane isn't orange.

LOL

How do you not know that blue is a team color? What a dumbass.

vancejohnson82
09-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Seriously, if any one of you think you have a say in the Broncos organizational process - I think you are greatly overestimating your importance on such matters.

You are a peon. You don't matter beyond the food you buy from advertisers to stuff in your pie hole, and from the $ you give to the NFL.

That's all you are to them, a consumer. They don't owe you anything.

According to some on this board, this is what you should do:

During home games, stand outside of the stadium and boo the sign. The team will HAVE to listen to the fans when they act like that

Kaylore
09-07-2011, 09:36 AM

During home games, stand outside of the stadium and boo the sign. The team will HAVE to listen to the fans when they act like that

LOL rep.

alkemical
09-07-2011, 09:37 AM

Broncos fans in Denver lost any authority when they allowed Bowlen to build a stadium with their tax dollars, and didn't force the issue to allow public ownership ala the Packers.

Basically: "Shut up and pay your taxes"

OOJack
09-07-2011, 09:37 AM
::) I'm sorry I'm not taking your red sign as seriously as you. Life is pretty hard when the sign on a stadium is a color you don't like.

:confuzzle I could give a rats a55 about the sign. But, sure, I'll play...

Kaylore
09-07-2011, 09:40 AM
:confuzzle I could give a rats a55 about the sign. But, sure, I'll play...

Oh you just don't like me personally. I'm actually ok with that and respect you a shade more. I'd rather you hate me personally and not care about the sign color than be an idiot. :)

Beantown Bronco
09-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Broncos fans in Denver lost any authority

nice choice of words

jhns
09-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Oh you just don't like me personally. I'm actually ok with that and respect you a shade more. I'd rather you hate me personally and not care about the sign color than be an idiot. :)

Why would an idiot be offendee that others are idiots? It just doesn't make sense.

Hey guys, I see you crying about something not being team colors. I bet you cry about that blue thing not being team colors next!

Taco John
09-07-2011, 09:49 AM
I think it sucks. One of the big things about sports is the culture and traditions that crop up around the team. Like it or not, team colors are part of that culture and tradition. I personally stopped buying blue jerseys because I much prefer that "predominantly orange" really means "orange jerseys." So I buy the orange ones instead. Once I stop caring about the tradition and culture, that's when I stop buying gear. I won't call. I won't complain. I'll just stop buying stuff. I can enjoy a football game without a blue jersey.

I'm not about to call Sports Authority or anything, but I think that it's pretty weak that the Broncos organization would allow their sponsor to fly the colors of one of our most hated rivals in our home stadium ignoring our own rich tradition and culture. It's not like Sports Authority is a company that understands things like team colors and hated rivalries or anything. They only build products and sell around the concept for a living. The whole thing is pretty stupid, for sure. But it's especially stupid on the part of the people trying to attract the customers.

Beantown Bronco
09-07-2011, 09:58 AM
I'm honestly surprised they stuck with the red. I realize that it's SA's "official" color and all, but they actually went out of their way to note on their trademark applications for the stadium signs that they would not be limited to any one official color. They could've easily gone with orange without losing any of their (very valuable) IP rights.

BroncoFiend
09-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Didn't Sports Authority make a big show of tearing down the temporary banner because there was uproar that it was all red? I don't like it, but I don't really think it is a big deal.

This team needs to start winning, let that be the tradition we get back to.

Agamemnon
09-07-2011, 10:04 AM
So we sold the right to paint the stadium a non-Bronco color as well as the name. What the ****...

Kaylore
09-07-2011, 10:16 AM
I think it sucks. One of the big things about sports is the culture and traditions that crop up around the team. Like it or not, team colors are part of that culture and tradition. I personally stopped buying blue jerseys because I much prefer that "predominantly orange" really means "orange jerseys." So I buy the orange ones instead. Once I stop caring about the tradition and culture, that's when I stop buying gear. I won't call. I won't complain. I'll just stop buying stuff. I can enjoy a football game without a blue jersey.

I'm not about to call Sports Authority or anything, but I think that it's pretty weak that the Broncos organization would allow their sponsor to fly the colors of one of our most hated rivals in our home stadium ignoring our own rich tradition and culture. It's not like Sports Authority is a company that understands things like team colors and hated rivalries or anything. They only build products and sell around the concept for a living. The whole thing is pretty stupid, for sure. But it's especially stupid on the part of the people trying to attract the customers.

My rebuttal would be there is no tradition of stadiums and arenas being colored the same as the teams that play in them. That is a relatively recent (last 15 years) "tradition." Therefore this isn't stepping on any tradition. Mile High/Bears stadium certainly wasn't tailored to the Broncos in a any particular way. Their official sign had three pennants featuring the primary colors. If we changed our uniforms or color scheme to Sports Authority's you would have a point, but this is how its always been.

El Guapo
09-07-2011, 11:03 AM
It's ok for some to feel indifferent about this subject, that's your right. However this ticks me off. Anyone know a phone number or email address where I can voice my opinion? I've found a # to the corporate offices, but it asks for you to input an extension for your party. I don't want to interrupt someone's work schedule by blatantly dialing extensions. Ha. Here's the # 303.200.5050.

footstepsfrom#27
09-07-2011, 11:13 AM
Well at least they didn't hang their logo on the stadium's primary sign out front like the Cowboys did on this billion dollar baby with the Miller beer ad plastered right on the sign to the main entrance. It's several times the size of the letters announcing "Cowboys Stadium" and a perfectly cheezy fitting for this thing. Plus they're not cozying up to Chinese oil companies supporting genocide in Darfur either so I'm good with these folks despite the crappy red.

crush17
09-07-2011, 11:41 AM
To all of you bitching about this thread, kindly eat a sandwich made of di1cks.

I wasn't freaking out or crying for a mob or really even making that big of a deal about it.

I said it was stupid. Big friggin deal.

Taco John
09-07-2011, 12:02 PM
My rebuttal would be there is no tradition of stadiums and arenas being colored the same as the teams that play in them. That is a relatively recent (last 15 years) "tradition." Therefore this isn't stepping on any tradition. Mile High/Bears stadium certainly wasn't tailored to the Broncos in a any particular way. Their official sign had three pennants featuring the primary colors. If we changed our uniforms or color scheme to Sports Authority's you would have a point, but this is how its always been.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Red is traditionally a Chiefs color. Orange is traditionally a Broncos color. Draping our stadium in our rivals colors might be a new thing, but it doesn't mean that it doesn't step on tradition.

DHallblows
09-07-2011, 12:19 PM
I wasn't freaking out or crying for a mob or really even making that big of a deal about it.

You used the word "WACK". So either you're stuck in the 90's or truly freaking out

Gort
09-07-2011, 12:22 PM
For a lesson in idiotic hyperbole - see WIJG;

WhoIsJohnGalt - "while they're at it, they should do something about all that green down on the field. there's no green in the Broncos colors ... any blade of grass that has a problem with that, should just pick up its roots and go find somewhere else to sponge off the earth and the sun."

For a lesson in argument structure - see below;

If someone dings up your car, WIJG, and it goes to a body shop, don't piss and moan if that panel (or the whole car if it's sideswiped) isn't painted the original color. Maybe the new paint is the choice of the offending driver, bodyshop or insurance company (might include a graphic too). You don't have any say in the matter unless you pay for the paint yourself.
Of course, you may argue that you paid for the car to begin with and therefore have a say in what color it's repainted, but the taxpayers paid for MileHigh and you've argued they have no say in how it's repainted.

i'm not arguing with you. i'm mocking you. there's a difference. but hey... thanks for playing!

RhymesayersDU
09-07-2011, 12:26 PM
You used the word "WACK". So either you're stuck in the 90's or truly freaking out

Yes, because a Dante Hall name is really current.

Beantown Bronco
09-07-2011, 12:34 PM
Yes, because a Dante Hall name is really current.

Just to be a dink, I'm pretty sure his username references Deangelo, not Dante.

RhymesayersDU
09-07-2011, 12:45 PM
Whoops.

Dedhed
09-07-2011, 12:46 PM
What a great PR move. Local company sponsors stadium, pisses on stadium, alienates locals.

Genius.

Kaylore
09-07-2011, 12:55 PM
What a great PR move. Local company sponsors stadium, pisses on stadium, alienates locals.

Genius.

Yes because removing the holy words "Invesco" from the stadium name is akin to pissing on it. Also, everyone is totally upset about this, except not really.

Dedhed
09-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Yes because removing the holy words "Invesco" from the stadium name is akin to pissing on it. Also, everyone is totally upset about this, except not really.

So, you don't think there are people annoyed by this?

Archer81
09-07-2011, 01:05 PM
So, you don't think there are people annoyed by this?

Of course.

But people get annoyed if they have to change lanes while driving or if the cable/dish is out for more than 20 seconds.

:Broncos:

alkemical
09-07-2011, 01:10 PM
If anyone's really outraged by this...I think you need to turn off the TV & Smartphone for 30 days and go enjoy life outside of the TV & interwebs.

DHallblows
09-07-2011, 01:28 PM
1. A Dante Hall reference would be more current than saying "WACK"
2. To be fair Bean, my name was originally for Dante. Luckily it was easily changed for Deangelo
3. But yes, I've been trying to decide what to change my name to for a while DU.

Dedhed
09-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Of course.

But people get annoyed if they have to change lanes while driving or if the cable/dish is out for more than 20 seconds.

I think it's a net negative for SA.

Dexter
09-07-2011, 01:32 PM
The sign itself doesn't really bother me. Painting whole sections of the stadium red does. What a poor choice.

bronco militia
09-07-2011, 01:35 PM
hopefully this won't affect our home field advantage

Mountain Bronco
09-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Waaaahhhhaaaaaa! Get over it cry babies. Seriously, this isn't a big deal at all. Looks like Sports Authority's signs at their stores, what did you think it would look like?

enjolras
09-07-2011, 01:45 PM
The sign on the east side dominates the stadium now. It most definitely makes our beloved temple look like the home of the Chiefs. The sign is huge and really visible from Downtown.

It's kind of embarrassing.

Mountain Bronco
09-07-2011, 01:46 PM
The sign on the east side dominates the stadium now. It most definitely makes our beloved temple look like the home of the Chiefs. The sign is huge and really visible from Downtown.

It's kind of embarrassing.

You people take this **** to seriously. Does it say Chiefs? Will there be more chiefs fans? If you see Red does it make you angry? If so, get a life outside of football or become a Bull.

Kaylore
09-07-2011, 01:49 PM
You people take this **** to seriously. Does it say Chiefs? Will there be more chiefs fans? If you see Red does it make you angry? If so, get a life outside of football or become a Bull.

So awesome.

Kaylore
09-07-2011, 01:53 PM
What do you guys want? Should we ban any teams from sponsoring that use the colors Gold, Silver, Red, Yellow and Black anywhere in their logo? Red is the most common sign color because it draws the eye to it. "Yeah but there's a lot of it, dude!" So what? Do the Chiefs or whoever have a monopoly on the color red? Are we so insecure that just having that on places of the stadium, even when its obviously for Sports Authority, that we can't handle it just being used in a mundane fashion?

Dedhed
09-07-2011, 02:09 PM
hopefully this won't affect our home field advantageHopefully it WILL affect our home field advantage. We haven't had an advantage at home for awhile.

oubronco
09-07-2011, 02:12 PM
If anyone's really outraged by this...I think you need to turn off the TV & Smartphone for 30 days and go enjoy life outside of the TV & interwebs.

I highly recommend this to everyone

enjolras
09-07-2011, 02:12 PM

Maybe go to a different thread? Jesus, I expressed an opinion about a sign.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-07-2011, 02:16 PM
I think it's a net negative for SA.

I don't think it'll manifest itself in lower sales or anything, but I do know the community outreach person and she's been getting negative emails and calls all day.

/shrug

MagicHef
09-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Just remember everyone:

Whining about a sign? Totally lame.
Whining about people whining about a sign? Totally awesome.

And in case you were wondering, whining about people whining about people whining about a sign? Rots your soul.

fdf
09-07-2011, 02:45 PM

It's just you. It's been years since a Bronco fan has whined or complained.

Gort
09-07-2011, 02:54 PM

i think they're all mad because secretly they are crips.

orangeatheist
09-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Hey Taco, can you change the background color of the forum to white, then make the coloring in the "Orangemane" logo red? Or vice versa? See what sort of reaction we'll get. See if those saying it's "no big deal" also don't mind the color change here when it looks more like ChiefsPlanet.

cutthemdown
09-07-2011, 03:04 PM
If the publicity gets too bad Sports Authority would be wise to change the colors. I have no problem with people complaining if they don't like it. But go do it to the Broncos mgmt, to sports authority, and we can talk some football. Season getting ready to start I don't care about a red sign at the stadium. Then again I don't get to go to the game like you locals do so i will leave it in your capable whiny complaining hands. I'm sure you can bug them enough to get it changed. :)

TailgateNut
09-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Maybe we can just start wearing red shirts to the game.

jhns
09-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Go all red. The Denver Huskers has a nice ring to it.

cutthemdown
09-07-2011, 03:10 PM

You won't do it. Stop talking out your ass and be a man.

TailgateNut
09-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Red Sunday has a nice ring to it!

El Guapo
09-07-2011, 03:21 PM

Contrary to popular belief, bulls do not get "mad" when they see red. Red is used during bullfights to camoflauge the blood from the bull.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_uLYbic99bDY/TUoMdRxVbWI/AAAAAAAAAco/As0DV9rVgMk/s1600/TheMoreYouKnow.gif

BigPlayShay
09-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Just to reiterate:

http://www.pittsburghsteelers.co.uk/steelers/browns/2001/browns%20images/heinz%20field%20sign.jpg

ol#7
09-07-2011, 03:38 PM

Given that the stadium is less than 15 years old, doesnt this make the counter point for just how bad an idea this is. Contrary to the repeated posts of various signs hanging on the stadium, I would say painting large swaths of the stadium in red and white is a bit more of an issue than some signage (which according to the original DP article was also about leaving off the "at Mile High" monicker.

FWIW, few sports teams anywhere are as identified by their colors as the orange and blue of the broncos. Its a proud tradition that we should celebrate and protect.

El Guapo
09-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Just to reiterate:

Yeah, but they didnt coat those places in the respective sponsors colors a la mile high.

alkemical
09-07-2011, 03:49 PM
This is fascinating.

crush17
09-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Yeah, but they didnt coat those places in the respective sponsors colors a la mile high.

Exactly. If it was just the sign I could give a crap but painting those four rooftops red is what I didn't like...

oubronco
09-07-2011, 04:07 PM

Sooner Sunday I like it :strong:

Gort
09-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Exactly. If it was just the sign I could give a crap but painting those four rooftops red is what I didn't like...

how can anybody look at this picture and come away thinking the stadium looks like the sort of place the Chefs might play? the main color is blue. not that sissy powder blue of the Sparklers either.

http://media.trb.com/media/photo/2011-09/328076180-06120656.jpg

...so much drama over such an inconsequential thing

Dagmar
09-07-2011, 04:30 PM
The infighting in this thread is hilarious.

crush17
09-07-2011, 04:37 PM
how can anybody look at this picture and come away thinking the stadium looks like the sort of place the Chefs might play? the main color is blue. not that sissy powder blue of the Sparklers either.

Oh yeah SUPER dramatic and all... If anything its all you people getting bent out of shape towards the people that don't like the signs who are being dramatic.

TheReverend
09-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Maybe go to a different thread? Jesus, I expressed an opinion about a sign.

...So you don't want to swap species? Ha! This thread is ridiculous. And it takes a lot for me to say that about a thread, clearly.

TheReverend
09-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Side note: "Become a bull" is going to be my new go-to smack talk line.

WolfpackGuy
09-07-2011, 04:45 PM
The Cheaps and Pats should feel right at home.

That red is pure garbage.

What's wrong with orange or white on blue or some sort of Broncos related colors?

ZONA
09-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Talk about being nit picky. I see nothing wrong with the red on top of the stadium. As said, you won't even see it really, unless you happen to be sitting up in the blimp.

THE719!
09-07-2011, 08:43 PM
you know why Denver is a cow town? people are b****ing about colors on a stadium that is a logo from a company.... cow town..... moooooo denver

Bronx33
09-07-2011, 08:45 PM
you know why Denver is a cow town? people are b****ing about colors on a stadium that is a logo from a company.... cow town..... moooooo denver

Do you even know what a cow town is?

THE719!
09-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Do you even know what a cow town is?

Denver

Bronx33
09-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Denver

I am going with wauneta nebraska as a prime example of a cow town.

DBroncos4life
09-07-2011, 09:01 PM
I am going with wauneta nebraska as a prime example of a cow town.

Wichita, Kansas is...

BroncoFiend
09-07-2011, 09:31 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c3/Sports_authority_field_logo.jpg

The mountains add a nice touch to the logo

Boobs McGee
09-07-2011, 09:35 PM

How can anybody look at this picture and come away thinking the stadium looks like the sort of place the Broncos might play?

Kaylore
09-07-2011, 10:13 PM
How can anybody look at this picture and come away thinking the stadium looks like the sort of place the Broncos might play?

Because they do?

Kaylore
09-07-2011, 10:21 PM
Hey Taco, can you change the background color of the forum to white, then make the coloring in the "Orangemane" logo red? Or vice versa? See what sort of reaction we'll get. See if those saying it's "no big deal" also don't mind the color change here when it looks more like ChiefsPlanet.

Yeah that's the same thing. Because the Broncos changed their logo. The horse is now red. And the server that hosts this site probably has a brand logo on the equipment and it probably isn't Bronco colors. I've also noticed Taco's banners feature black and red! How DARE they! Let's boo our monitors until Taco agrees to only show orange drink adds and blue star ointment cream adds!

Boobs McGee
09-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Because they do?

Be as cynical as you'd like, but it looks like ****. And by **** I mean patriot/chief esque.

Broncobiv
09-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Yeah that's the same thing. Because the Broncos changed their logo. The horse is now red. And the server that hosts this site probably has a brand logo on the equipment and it probably isn't Bronco colors. I've also noticed Taco's banners feature black and red! How DARE they! Let's boo our monitors until Taco agrees to only show orange drink adds and blue star ointment cream adds!

http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/4128/PreviewComp/SuperStock_4128R-6301.jpg

Lestat
09-07-2011, 11:02 PM
the sign looks fine, it's their colors and they're paying for their name on the building.

DHallblows
09-07-2011, 11:57 PM
1. Colorado Springs is more of a cow town than Denver.

2. The stadium looks absolutely nothing like somewhere the Chiefs would play.

3. If you rotated that stadium view 180 degrees, you would see the giant ****ing Broncos emblem that clearly shows that it isn't where the Patriots play.

4. Over 10% of colorblind Broncos fans can't even tell if the logo is red (fun fact). Hell, with a poor monitor, normal orange could look like red to anyone online.

5. Is there a way I can work in complaining about people complaining about people complaining about people complaining about a sign?

ol#7
09-08-2011, 02:39 AM

If I had to guess where that stadium was I wouldnt say it was in Denver based on that photo. Giants or Pats stadium maybe. Since when does naming rights extend to exterior decorating? Why is that even an option?

Ratboy
09-08-2011, 04:48 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c3/Sports_authority_field_logo.jpg

The mountains add a nice touch to the logo

It looks pretty nice.

Did they mention they were going to repaint the top parts of the stadium?

Boomhauer
09-08-2011, 04:49 AM

Very important point. Sports Authority paid to advertise on, not own, Mile High Stadium. The interior signs are as expected from advertisers, but the original exterior signs just looked like crap. The all-red South entrance sign was sharply redone to keep the naming rights, while making it still the home of the Broncos.
http://www.maxdenver.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/sports_authority.jpg

http://media.publicbroadcasting.net/kuvo/newsroom/images/3523770.jpg
The original East and West entrance signs were already taken down, and I have yet to see what they'll be replaced with. I'd imagine a color scheme similar to the South entrance. But the red-painted roof billboards are still a serious error that has to go.
http://cbsdenver.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/field-sign.jpg?w=300http://media.trb.com/media/photo/2011-09/328076180-06120656.jpg
In line with the South entrance design, as well as improved artistic and marketing appeal, I'd hope they repaint those roof billboards base-white; add dominant red lettered "Sports Authority" in two lines with a small italisized "Mile High" below it; border either the entire billboard or just a rectangle around the wording in blue and orange pinstripes (actually a foot wide), and maybe paint from said rectangle pinstriping to the edges in the corporate red color to match their storefronts.
http://www.sign-access.com/images/installation3.jpg

maven
09-08-2011, 08:09 AM
I do not see the big deal. Sports authority colors are red/white. And since they paid the money to sponsor the stadium, well that is the colors. Looks like they have to finish adding their logos on the other red tops.

El Guapo
09-08-2011, 08:10 AM
I do not see the big deal. Sports authority colors are red/white. And since they paid the money to sponsor the stadium, well that is the colors. Looks like they have to finish adding their logos on the other red tops.

Go Mavericks!

maven
09-08-2011, 08:15 AM

moooooooooooooooooooo

:rofl:

Isn't Denver still considered a cow town?

bronco militia
09-08-2011, 08:29 AM
Hopefully it WILL affect our home field advantage. We haven't had an advantage at home for awhile.

nothing gets past this guy

;D

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-08-2011, 08:37 AM

Says a guy who brags about being from "The719!"? Now that's funny.

BroncoFiend
09-08-2011, 11:08 AM

More to the point, if Taco did get a sponsor who wanted to change the colors of the site, wouldn't we all support that?

Popcorn Sutton
09-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Personally I think the red on the top of the stadium looks silly. The signs on the side are fine and compare to others around the league like Heinz field. However, the 4 enormous red banners on the top really stand out. I don't see why SA couldn't adapt and do a blue or orange banner instead.

Bob's your Information Minister
09-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Nice Chiefs colors! ROFL!

Elway is an embarrassment to your franchise now...

Dagmar
09-08-2011, 12:17 PM
http://s1.proxy03.twitpic.com/photos/large/392825025.jpg

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-08-2011, 12:20 PM

Why aren't more people complaining that the sign looks like a home plate? ITS A FOOTBALL STADIUM GUYS NOT A BASEBALL STADIUM!

Dagmar
09-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Why aren't more people complaining that the sign looks like a home plate? ITS A FOOTBALL STADIUM GUYS NOT A BASEBALL STADIUM!

I think it looks great myself. :strong:

Irish Stout
09-08-2011, 01:25 PM
I think it looks great myself. :strong:

I ran stairs at Mile High Lite last night and have to say... I think the sign looks pretty in cool in person. Also, their temporary sign on the west side looked good too, nice and orange.

I'm not a fan of the corporate sponsorship for stadium names, or decking the stadium out in the company's color (especially when more tax dollars went into the stadium than corporate). But I truly believe we could have done worse than Sports Authority for a sponsor, and worse for the signage around the stadium.

Any new pictures from above to show if they have changed any of those red topped corners to a different color?

Boobs McGee
09-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Thanks for taking the pic Dag...THAT sign looks pretty nice! I like the way they've incorporated the mountains into the logo.

The problem I still have, is with the giant red banners atop the stadium.

Popcorn Sutton
09-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Thanks for taking the pic Dag...THAT sign looks pretty nice! I like the way they've incorporated the mountains into the logo.

Same here.... everything else looks fine.

Miss I.
09-08-2011, 02:38 PM

Sweetie, I don't know how to tell you this, but um your avatar is red and blue. ;D

Popcorn Sutton
09-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Sweetie, I don't know how to tell you this, but um your avatar is red and blue. ;D

Broncos don't play there....ROFL!

24champ
09-08-2011, 02:45 PM

Thanks, that photo will be used in the game thread for MNF. Unless of course a better picture pops up.

broncocalijohn
09-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Broncos don't play there....ROFL!

Actually, Cox did but can't remember. Oh wait, no longer a Broncos' player. Carry on.

ol#7
09-08-2011, 04:15 PM
OK, I have bitched about this enough, but for those who dont get this, you do realize they only took down the red sports authority signs (minus the at mile high) and replaced them with the admittedly cool ones because people complained right? Now repain the retarded red roof and we can call it a day.

BroncosSR
09-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Nice Chiefs colors! ROFL!

Elway is an embarrassment to your franchise now...

Superbowl Titles

Elway: 2
Kansas City Chiefs: 1

I guess that qualifies as the entire Chiefs organization as an embarrassment.

DaFace
09-08-2011, 04:25 PM
OK, I have b****ed about this enough, but for those who dont get this, you do realize they only took down the red sports authority signs (minus the at mile high) and replaced them with the admittedly cool ones because people complained right? Now repain the retarded red roof and we can call it a day.

To clarify: your belief is that the plan was to leave up a $200 Kinko's banner, but when people complained, they decided to drop $10k+ on a real sign? (Not to mention the logo development that had been in the works for six months.)

THE719!
09-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Says a guy who brags about being from "The719!"? Now that's funny.

I never bragged about being from the 719!.... actually i want to move from the 719! and colorado.... this is off topic but the reason why Denver is a cow town is because nobody wants to do anything with the city.... nobody wants to build and make the place bigger an better with same goes with the 719

Dagmar
09-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Just a heads up, I didn't take the picture, the Broncos did. I love the sign though!

BroncosinDC
09-08-2011, 10:48 PM
"I am a Broncos fan and I believe. I believe in Mile High Magic and Bleed Orange and Blue. I celebrate the drive and the Mile High Salute. I create the THUNDER, share in the common dream and will forever be a proud citizen of BRONCOS COUNTRY!"

Just saying if I was in charge of marketing for a company based in Denver that had the ability to brand Mile High, and also claimed to be a "fan" of the Denver Broncos it would take my blood before I put red on the stadium.

Still wish Auto Nation never bought out Elway.

Elway's Field at Mile High

Archer81
09-09-2011, 12:39 AM
I never bragged about being from the 719!.... actually i want to move from the 719! and colorado.... this is off topic but the reason why Denver is a cow town is because nobody wants to do anything with the city.... nobody wants to build and make the place bigger an better with same goes with the 719

...wut?

2.5 million people in a 6 county area in a state with maybe 5 million people total. How much bigger do you want it to get?

enjolras
09-09-2011, 12:40 AM

Ok... huh?

In the 5 years I've been here we've had three major skyscrapers built, literally hundreds of infill projects, and are in the midst of the single biggest rail expansion in the nation. We currently have our third major light rail line along with our first commuter line to the airport under construction (speaking of which, we built one of the largest and most efficient airports in the whole damn country).

There is an entire neighborhood Downtown with several thousand residents that more or less didn't exist when 9/11 happened.

Currently we have one of the biggest infrastructure projects in the nation going on behind Union Station with the construction of an entire transit neighborhood. In addition to the infrastructure (including a large train hall and a huge underground bus station) there are two confirmed wing buildings, and a large residential development. The primary developer just closed on $500M in financing to fund a number of other projects in the area including a hotel and 5 other parcels slated for development as part of the master plan. Of course this is all right next to a brand-new 18 story building with another 12 story building under construction RIGHT NEXT TO IT to house our newest fortune 500 HQ n Davita.

That's not even touching the huge amount that's gone into the Golden Triangle with the new wing of the art museum (that literally launched the career of Daniel Liebskind), the addition of the new Clyfford Still musuem, the new Colorado history museum, and several prominent government buildings.

Every single one of those projects I've outlined was within 3 miles of each other. I haven't even TOUCHED on the other projects going on in just the city alone (the large expansion underway at Auraria campus springs to mind immediately).

Don't say stupid things... seriously... don't do it.

*edit: I was wrong. There have been 4 major skyscrapers built since I moved here.

Boobs McGee
09-09-2011, 01:11 AM

God bless America ;D

THE719!
09-09-2011, 06:17 AM
Ok... huh?

In the 5 years I've been here we've had three major skyscrapers built, literally hundreds of infill projects, and are in the midst of the single biggest rail expansion in the nation. We currently have our third major light rail line along with our first commuter line to the airport under construction (speaking of which, we built one of the largest and most efficient airports in the whole damn country).

There is an entire neighborhood Downtown with several thousand residents that more or less didn't exist when 9/11 happened.

Currently we have one of the biggest infrastructure projects in the nation going on behind Union Station with the construction of an entire transit neighborhood. In addition to the infrastructure (including a large train hall and a huge underground bus station) there are two confirmed wing buildings, and a large residential development. The primary developer just closed on $500M in financing to fund a number of other projects in the area including a hotel and 5 other parcels slated for development as part of the master plan. Of course this is all right next to a brand-new 18 story building with another 12 story building under construction RIGHT NEXT TO IT to house our newest fortune 500 HQ n Davita.

That's not even touching the huge amount that's gone into the Golden Triangle with the new wing of the art museum (that literally launched the career of Daniel Liebskind), the addition of the new Clyfford Still musuem, the new Colorado history museum, and several prominent government buildings.

Every single one of those projects I've outlined was within 3 miles of each other. I haven't even TOUCHED on the other projects going on in just the city alone (the large expansion underway at Auraria campus springs to mind immediately).

Don't say stupid things... seriously... don't do it.

*edit: I was wrong. There have been 4 major skyscrapers built since I moved here.

And how many companies dose Denver have in the Forbes top 150? hows the school sysrem in colorado right now.... answer poor..... also in thoes 4 skyscrapers is there a company in there that is Relevant in today society.... add 5 because Qwest moved else where and they where in the Forbes top 100

Popcorn Sutton
09-09-2011, 08:03 AM
And how many companies dose Denver have in the Forbes top 150? hows the school sysrem in colorado right now.... answer poor..... also in thoes 4 skyscrapers is there a company in there that is Relevant in today society.... add 5 because Qwest moved else where and they where in the Forbes top 100

Another dumb statement... Might want to do some research on Qwest.

maven
09-09-2011, 08:17 AM

The Denver metro area can only get so big. And yes it's still a cow town..

SOLOKING
09-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Welcome to patriots/texans field at mile high!!!!!! The main sign is not that bad the problem is that red painted roofs! What a disgrace!

bronco militia
09-09-2011, 10:52 AM
Welcome to patriots/texans field at mile high!!!!!! The main sign is not that bad the problem is that red painted roofs! What a disgrace!

why would a Jets fan care?

TheReverend
09-09-2011, 10:53 AM

Your avy pic is awesome Ha!

Edit: Crap you changed it :/

TheReverend
09-09-2011, 10:55 AM

Wrong Ryan.

SOLOKING
09-09-2011, 10:57 AM

Jets fan?????? DIE HARD BRONCO FAN, season ticket holder for 30 years! Red has no place on the broncos stadium.

bronco militia
09-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Wrong Ryan.

LOL he changed his avatar......

and yes, the Ryans are awesome

bronco militia
09-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Jets fan?????? DIE HARD BRONCO FAN, season ticket holder for 30 years! Red has no place on the broncos stadium.

it's a bird, it's a plane, IT'S SUPER FAN!!!!!!!!!!

saving Donkland from the wrong colors

Mr. Elway
09-09-2011, 11:01 AM
brb registering redmane.com for future extortion of Taco John.

bronco militia
09-09-2011, 11:03 AM
brb registering redmane.com for future extortion of Taco John.

relax everyone......

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/beerbulance1.jpg

BroncoFiend
09-09-2011, 11:23 AM

Please go look up the word 'disgrace', this situation does not fit in any way, shape, or form.

broncocalijohn
09-09-2011, 11:51 AM

Are you related to MVPlaya?

White Dragon
09-10-2011, 06:55 PM
I would just like to point this out to all those complaining about red signs that can't be seen unless you're FLYING OVER the stadium.

Here's a look at the inside of Arrowhead Stadium.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/188/465908300_0c0945ee14.jpg

Now tell me, please, what color are ALL the lower level seats?

KipCorrington25
09-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Edited, yeah, what he said above...

Hey Blob, Camarrowhead has orange seats...

http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/north_america/united_states/missouri/kansas_city_arrowhead1.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_DEvW1x7Yex8/TJIA_S_5z9I/AAAAAAAACCU/SDVvj3TdNwo/s1600/IMG_1110.jpg

BigPlayShay
09-10-2011, 10:15 PM
I would just like to point this out to all those complaining about red signs that can't be seen unless you're FLYING OVER the stadium.

Here's a look at the inside of Arrowhead Stadium.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/188/465908300_0c0945ee14.jpg

Now tell me, please, what color are ALL the lower level seats?

It looks like part of a rainbow:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/68/Gay_flag.svg/200px-Gay_flag.svg.png

Coincidence? I think not.

Rock Chalk
09-10-2011, 11:57 PM
relax everyone......

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/beerbulance1.jpg

That's just full of awesome.

Rock Chalk
09-11-2011, 12:02 AM
The Denver metro area can only get so big. And yes it's still a cow town..

The Denver metro area is surrounded by a crapload of nothing so it can get a LOT bigger. Annexation of suburbs, renovating the crappy parts, building "wonders", etc are all things cities do to grow and adapt. And cities have been doing it for a very long time.

That's a BS excuse.

maven
09-11-2011, 12:14 AM
The Denver metro area is surrounded by a crapload of nothing so it can get a LOT bigger. Annexation of suburbs, renovating the crappy parts, building "wonders", etc are all things cities do to grow and adapt. And cities have been doing it for a very long time.

That's a BS excuse.

You can say that about a lot of states. But, not everyone wants to live in farm land. What is the metro area now? 2 million out of 5(state)? Going to take a long time to build any/all of that up. You could say the entire state is potential for growth, but it's not going to blow up anytime soon. Denver is still a cow town near the mountains. Though it's probably king cow town today. I guess that's some props.

BroncosinDC
09-11-2011, 12:44 AM
You can say that about a lot of states. But, not everyone wants to live in farm land. What is the metro area now? 2 million out of 5(state)? Going to take a long time to build any/all of that up. You could say the entire state is potential for growth, but it's not going to blow up anytime soon. Denver is still a cow town near the mountains. Though it's probably king cow town today. I guess that's some props.

And the Capitol of Raider Hater Nation!!!

Jason in LA
09-11-2011, 10:10 AM

Folks around here complain about everything. It gets annoying at times. But that is the nature of any sports fan message board. Places where people show up to complain about anything and everything.

Cito Pelon
09-11-2011, 11:10 AM
Folks around here complain about everything. It gets annoying at times. But that is the nature of any sports fan message board. Places where people show up to complain about anything and everything.

This ^

El Guapo
09-18-2011, 02:44 PM
I just enjoyed seeing the red atop the stadium on TV. http://www.club3g.com/forum/images/smilies/runaway.gif