PDA

View Full Version : Tiki isn't taking it well

Pony Boy
09-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Tiki Barber remains unemployed and sad

Where this will leave Tiki Barber the person, I don't know. He's also recently proposed to his girlfriend, the one with whom he was involved while still married to his pregnant wife.

According to Peter King at Sports Illustrated, Tiki isn't taking it well.

I tried to reach Barber on Sunday, but he wasn't talking. I hear he's devastated that no team gave him a chance. You might wonder if teams would bring him in after the first game of the season, so his contract wouldn't be guaranteed, and that could still happen. But with no team calling [Barber's agent Mark] Lepselter with even a hint of interest, it's more likely teams would start with backs who've been in some football competition this summer.

Lepselter told me Sunday: "We are flabbergasted that Tiki has not had an opportunity with any team, especially when rosters were at 90 players this year. I certainly thought some team would be intrigued to see what he had left in the tank.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Tiki-Barber-remains-unemployed-and-sad?urn=nfl-wp6443

Doggcow
09-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Good to see this happen IMO.

So often it works the other way, like Michael Vick.

DHallblows
09-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Gosh, poooor Tiki...

Spider
09-06-2011, 02:12 PM
despite his personal life , it sucks when your professional life comes to an end ....

Powderaddict
09-06-2011, 02:13 PM
I'm not sure what he expected, he bad mouthed the Giants and was generally a malcontent, and left his pregnant wife for a 24 year old. That wouldn't keep him from getting a job though if he wasn't an aged RB with a ton of miles.

He's created his own mess. Now he has to deal with it.

boltaneer
09-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Karma's a b*tch...

bronco militia
09-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Tiki Barber “has moved forward,” agent says

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 6, 2011, 7:54 AM EDT

On Monday we passed along a report from Peter King that Tiki Barber is devastated and flabbergasted that no team would give him a shot to make an NFL comeback at age 36. After that report started to create a buzz in the NFL world, Barber’s agent became exasperated.

Agent Mark Lepselter told the New York Post that he’s done talking about Barber’s aborted comeback, and that Barber is ready to get on with his life.

“This is the last time I am speaking on this subject in any way, shape or form.” Lepselter said. “You can’t worry about the things in life you can’t control and Tiki has moved forward accordingly.”

Lepselter told King that Barber was “flabbergasted,” but he seemed to object to King’s use of the word “devastated.”

“That is not correct,” Lepselter told the Post. “I never said he was devastated. That term never came out of my mouth.”

Lepselter and the New York Post seem to be suggesting that King misquoted Lepselter, but King never attributed the word “devastated” to Lepselter — that was King’s word, based on how he has heard Barber is feeling. (Barber is free to clear it up and tell everyone how he’s feeling, but he isn’t talking to anyone right now.)

In any event, Lepselter sounds like he realizes that Barber isn’t going to get another chance in the NFL. It may take some more time for Barber to accept that

vancejohnson82
09-06-2011, 02:24 PM
very interesting IMO that nobody even sniffed around him.....

although, the Broncos for example, don't have tremendous depth and I believe the guys at the bottom of our depth chart during camp would have probably beat him out

bronco militia
09-06-2011, 02:27 PM
very interesting IMO that nobody even sniffed around him.....

although, the Broncos for example, don't have tremendous depth and I believe the guys at the bottom of our depth chart during camp would have probably beat him out

the dolphins worked him out, but never offered him a contract. I'm sure the Dolphins shared their film and interview results with other teams

Br0nc0Buster
09-06-2011, 02:27 PM
at least hell have more time to write some crappy kids books again

DomCasual
09-06-2011, 02:28 PM
So, quitting a one-in-a-million career that pays obscene money while you're still in your prime, and leaving your pregnant wife while she is about to give birth to twins so you can be with a girl just out of college turned out to be a bad life's direction, huh?

Duly noted. I will now never do that.

(No matter how I tried, I couldn't make that first sentence sound right.)

vancejohnson82
09-06-2011, 02:29 PM
the dolphins worked him out, but never offered him a contract. I'm sure the Dolphins shared their film and interview results with other teams

oh, wow....didn't have any idea

did any reports come out of that publicly?

when I saw the HBO Inside the Sports with him they slanted it so that he looked real good.

bronco militia
09-06-2011, 02:31 PM
oh, wow....didn't have any idea

did any reports come out of that publicly?

when I saw the HBO Inside the Sports with him they slanted it so that he looked real good.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/08/tiki-barber-works-out-for-dolphins/1

vancejohnson82
09-06-2011, 02:33 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/08/tiki-barber-works-out-for-dolphins/1

guess they have somebody on deck when Bush goes down

bronco militia
09-06-2011, 02:35 PM

not bad for an Asian

;D

DomCasual
09-06-2011, 02:37 PM
not bad for an Asian

;D

That's rearry offensive!

Dr. Broncenstein
09-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Interesting thread. BRB shopping for milk that is five years past it's expiration date.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-06-2011, 02:54 PM
That's rearry offensive!

It made me raugh and smirre.

Aftermath
09-06-2011, 02:56 PM
F$&k Tiki Barber.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-06-2011, 02:57 PM
That's rearry offensive!

http://item.slide.com/r/1/179/i/DYw_hZ306T8_-vY9lwpbbD8J5oTxIUrE/

Garcia Bronco
09-06-2011, 03:00 PM
What is up with people. I just don't understand giving someone your word and then intentionally breaking it. And why men and women do that to each other is beyond me. We can talk about all the ills in the world and what causes problems, but it really starts at the individual character. The corner stone of good character is honesty. Tiki Barber isn't honest, even with himself.

huh??
09-06-2011, 03:05 PM
So, quitting a one-in-a-million career that pays obscene money while you're still in your prime, and leaving your pregnant wife while she is about to give birth to twins so you can be with a girl just out of college turned out to be a bad direction in life, huh?

Duly noted. I will now never do that.

I think just a simple little change pulls it together.

Tombstone RJ
09-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Tiki Barber “has moved forward,” agent says

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 6, 2011, 7:54 AM EDT

On Monday we passed along a report from Peter King that Tiki Barber is devastated and flabbergasted that no team would give him a shot to make an NFL comeback at age 36. After that report started to create a buzz in the NFL world, Barber’s agent became exasperated.

Agent Mark Lepselter told the New York Post that he’s done talking about Barber’s aborted comeback, and that Barber is ready to get on with his life.

“This is the last time I am speaking on this subject in any way, shape or form.” Lepselter said. “You can’t worry about the things in life you can’t control and Tiki has moved forward accordingly.”

Lepselter told King that Barber was “flabbergasted,” but he seemed to object to King’s use of the word “devastated.”

“That is not correct,” Lepselter told the Post. “I never said he was devastated. That term never came out of my mouth.”

Lepselter and the New York Post seem to be suggesting that King misquoted Lepselter, but King never attributed the word “devastated” to Lepselter — that was King’s word, based on how he has heard Barber is feeling. (Barber is free to clear it up and tell everyone how he’s feeling, but he isn’t talking to anyone right now.)

In any event, Lepselter sounds like he realizes that Barber isn’t going to get another chance in the NFL. It may take some more time for Barber to accept that

you stay classy peter...

Chris
09-06-2011, 04:08 PM
That's rearry offensive!

You're an asian mormon?

DomCasual
09-06-2011, 04:10 PM
You're an asian mormon?

No, the Asian thing is an inside joke. It's bronco militia that is Asian.

Pontius Pirate
09-06-2011, 05:13 PM
KILL HIM!

briane
09-06-2011, 05:22 PM
http://media.fakeposters.com/results/2009/07/24/ahx3b1zkdh.jpg

bronco militia
09-06-2011, 07:24 PM
No, the Asian thing is an inside joke. It's bronco militia that is Asian.

only from the waist up

Ha!

gunns
09-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Barber's ego got the best of him and now a lack of interest pin has burst it. Good.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-06-2011, 08:09 PM
I thought teams would be knocking down the door for a 40 year old former running back who only wants to play because of dire financial problems.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Also, that has to be some of the most expensive tail in recent history. Maybe not literally the most expensive, but all things considered...

Pony Boy
09-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Also, that has to be some of the most expensive tail in recent history. Maybe not literally the most expensive, but all things considered...

Right, maybe not literally the most expensive

bronco militia
09-06-2011, 09:10 PM
oh yeah...ha ha