PDA

View Full Version : Orangemane Pickem League

Hogan11
09-05-2011, 06:12 AM
Is the pickem league happening this year or has that fallen by the wayside?

Edit: Taco note:

Thanks for reminding me... Been a busy summer. I started one here:

In order to join the group, just go to Pro Football Pick'em, and click the "Join Group" button. From there, enter the following information...

Group ID#: 21778
Password: elway

-- Pro Football Pick'em Commissioner
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem

strafen
09-05-2011, 08:12 AM
I'd love to see it back this year.
There were some people that cheated, don't know how they did that, but if that can be corrected of whatever allowed people to cheat, then it should be fun again.

Hopefully we can have it up this year. It was kind of fun for sure!

TailgateNut
09-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Just hand the title to last years winner (err:cheater) go broncos!

bowtown
09-05-2011, 09:00 AM
gobroncos without the ability to cheat will be like the Colts without Peyton Manning.

GoBroncos84
09-05-2011, 09:23 AM
gobroncos without the ability to cheat will be like the Colts without Peyton Manning.

Hopefully people don't confuse me with this individual... unfortunate to sully such a great name

broncocalijohn
09-05-2011, 09:49 AM
go_broncos with his "fire McDaniels" post in every thread and then trying to cover up his obvious cheating ruined a good time. I think I came in 2nd or close to it and picked honestly even after we all discovered how he did it. Rock Chalk did it last year and hopefully he fixed the Time stamp to prevent the cheating.

Taco John
09-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Thanks for reminding me... Been a busy summer. I started one here:

In order to join the group, just go to Pro Football Pick'em, and click the "Join Group" button. From there, enter the following information...

-- Pro Football Pick'em Commissioner

Dedhed
09-05-2011, 10:16 AM
On a somewhat related note does anyone know of a site that consolidates points scored and given up at home and on the road?

Rock Chalk
09-05-2011, 02:58 PM
If you are talking about the integrated Pickem League, no can do this year. Been a busy year folks, I just changed jobs and I have not had any free time.

I have made some corrections however, but I wont have time to get everythign set up this year. Next year the OM Pickem League will be outstanding, I promise.

brncs_fan
09-05-2011, 03:08 PM
LMAO @ go_broncos is a cheater

DomCasual
09-05-2011, 03:59 PM
So, can someone provide a condensed version of what happened last year? This is the first I've heard about someone cheating.

If that is true (and looking at the standings, I don't really know how it WOULDN'T be true - unless the guy is superhuman), was he banned? I would think that would be worthy of almost a lifetime ban.

DomCasual
09-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Never mind. I just went back and checked out the thread. He probably shouldn't be banned. But bragging about his "victory" after everyone knew he cheated stinks of douchebaggery.

I think that as nice as the thought is, RE: Alec doing the Pick-Em league, it's failed enough times to be able to classify it as a bad idea. Again, it's REALLY NICE that Alec has been willing to try and integrate a seamless system into the Mane. But as I remember, a few years ago, the thing just stopped getting updated with a chunk of the season left. Last year, it looks like mods didn't have time to update the system with game results for as much as a week or two at a time. Plus, you have the glitch that allowed people to cheat.

Is there any compelling reason why we wouldn't just use something like Yahoo going forward? It's simple and easy; almost everyone is signed up for Yahoo anyway (because of fantasy football); and Yahoo has the resources to make sure the games are updated in real time.

go_broncos
09-05-2011, 04:55 PM
Just hand the title to last years winner (err:cheater) go broncos!

Supporter of Mcd calling me cheat..LOLHilarious!Ha!

go_broncos
09-05-2011, 04:57 PM
So, can someone provide a condensed version of what happened last year? This is the first I've heard about someone cheating.

If that is true (and looking at the standings, I don't really know how it WOULDN'T be true - unless the guy is superhuman), was he banned? I would think that would be worthy of almost a lifetime ban.

Lifetime ban...Man..you guys are awesome here.
That's the reason i visit this site.
some of the posts are hilarious

HAT
09-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Whatever happened to the vbookie feature?

Taco John
09-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Whatever happened to the vbookie feature?

The people who developed the mod stopped supporting it, and we upgraded the forum to 3.x, and the old version of the software is no longer compatible. I've heard another group is taking on the project, but we'll see.

DomCasual
09-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Lifetime ban...Man..you guys are awesome here.
That's the reason i visit this site.
some of the posts are hilarious

You will notice I retracted that with the next post.

That said, you still acted like a douchebag. This post (with you and everyone else knowing you cheated) gets you the award:

GO BRONCOS ..OM PICKEM WINNER..:yayaya:

go_broncos
09-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Mcd supporters didn't utter a word when he screwed this franchise.
He even cheated during SF game. Yet, you guys keep supporting him.
I told that i didn't cheat..Yet, you keep posting the same ****.

missingnumber7
09-05-2011, 06:00 PM
The people who developed the mod stopped supporting it, and we upgraded the forum to 3.x, and the old version of the software is no longer compatible. I've heard another group is taking on the project, but we'll see.

I still attend vbookie gamblers annonymous

HAT
09-05-2011, 06:01 PM

Right on. Would be cool to see it come back.

broncocalijohn
09-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Dom Casual, the link is to YAHOO so sign up and this time go_broncos has to play fair. He should be banned from this pick em since he is an admitted cheat.

go_broncos
09-05-2011, 06:38 PM
Dom Casual, the link is to YAHOO so sign up and this time go_broncos has to play fair. He should be banned from this pick em since he is an admitted cheat.

I didn't cheat.If you guys think i should be banned from pickem.it's fine.
I will not participate.It's not the end of the world.
There are so many things that are more important to me than participating in pickem league.
Have fun..

tsiguy96
09-05-2011, 06:55 PM

how can this be remotely about mcd? seriously, are you that butthurt about him that you blame your cheating in a pickem league on him?

go_broncos
09-05-2011, 07:15 PM
how can this be remotely about mcd? seriously, are you that butthurt about him that you blame your cheating in a pickem league on him?

that's what you understood after reading my post..ROFL!

bowtown
09-05-2011, 07:19 PM
that's what you understood after reading my post..ROFL!

I understood that you are now both a cheater AND a liar.

go_broncos
09-05-2011, 07:26 PM
I understood that you are now both a cheater AND a liar.

you are genious..LOL

TailgateNut
09-05-2011, 08:04 PM
you are genious..LOL

and you are not, that's why you had to resort to cheating on the picks.

DomCasual
09-05-2011, 08:06 PM

I think you pretty much admitted to cheating, right? So why are you now saying you didn't? Am I missing something?

NOBODY wins something like that by thirty games over the field. It just doesn't happen. If there were two or three players, maybe. But you get a field of more than about twenty, it just doesn't happen.

DomCasual
09-05-2011, 08:07 PM
you are genious..LOL

REP for irony.

go_broncos
09-05-2011, 08:09 PM
I think you pretty much admitted to cheating, right? So why are you now saying you didn't? Am I missing something?

NOBODY wins something like that by thirty games over the field. It just doesn't happen. If there were two or three players, maybe. But you get a field of more than about twenty, it just doesn't happen.

I never admitted it as i didn't cheat.

go_broncos
09-05-2011, 08:11 PM
and you are not, that's why you had to resort to cheating on the picks.

says the guy that supported the cheater for 2 years.

Punisher
09-05-2011, 08:23 PM
yes its going back up i was doing pretty good untill i got banned for my rant on McD

broncocalijohn
09-05-2011, 10:15 PM
There are so many things that are more important to me than participating in pickem league.
Have fun..

We all found out that you can change your picks after some of the games (or close to ending) based on the wrong time stamp for the games. When I found this glich out by you or someone that admitted it, I still played fair. To cheat on anything is wrong but to do it for something that only has bragging rights is low down and shows your lack of character. How pathetic that you needed to win this low key pic 'em by cheating. Show some good chaacter and skip this year. Obviously, you are not wanted by the masses.

bowtown
09-06-2011, 01:04 AM
you are genious..LOL

Can't make this stuff up. You win fail post of the day.

Doggcow
09-06-2011, 01:13 AM
you are genious..LOL

Just gotta get in on this. I didn't even make picks.

Taco John
09-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Plenty of room available for anyone interested in the pickem league:

Chris
09-06-2011, 10:33 AM
you are genious..LOL

Pretty assum.

http://pictures.replayphotos.com/images/UMD/xlg/university-of-maryland-football-gang-tackle-on-fsu-umd-f-x-00023xlg.jpg

broncocalijohn
09-06-2011, 10:52 AM
you are genious..LOL

I guess will pile on.

You are absolute redeculous.

go_broncos
09-06-2011, 11:02 AM

thanks..I am going to join.

Drunk Monkey
09-06-2011, 11:10 AM

I'll give it a go.

TailgateNut
09-06-2011, 11:12 AM
thanks..I am going to join.

Hey low-life, you gonna check to see if you can cheat the system before you do?

go_broncos
09-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Hey low-life, you gonna check to see if you can cheat the system before you do?

Can you check it for me..

TailgateNut
09-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Can you check it for me..

I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire! Low-life scum!

Dedhed
09-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Have fun..
It's rich that you claim it has little value to you, yet you went so far as to cheat in order to win it.

Pick Six
09-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Even if he did cheat, what would be his motivation? There's no money involved. He either, didn't cheat, or is a very pathetic individual (on the level of Bob). I'll side with the former...

broncocalijohn
09-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Even if he did cheat, what would be his motivation? There's no money involved. He either, didn't cheat, or is a very pathetic individual (on the level of Bob). I'll side with the former...

He cheated and his life is so full of nothing that it gavve him a sense of accomplishment in an otherwise miserable life.

go_broncos
09-06-2011, 01:23 PM
I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire! Low-life scum!

I will not open my zip if you were on fire..

Los Broncos
09-06-2011, 01:27 PM
i hope your life becomes hell from today.
you will remember me when it becomes hell..

Wow, this is serious business.

go_broncos
09-06-2011, 01:33 PM
i am done with his topic..Believe it or not..i didn't cheat.

TailgateNut
09-06-2011, 01:42 PM

:rofl:

TailgateNut
09-06-2011, 01:43 PM
i hope your life becomes hell from today.
you will remember me when it becomes hell..

:rofl:

DomCasual
09-06-2011, 01:58 PM

I'll say it again. It would take a "genious" to win a pick'em contest by thirty games. You, sir, are no "genious!"

Taco John
09-06-2011, 02:46 PM

Bump

Rock Chalk
09-06-2011, 03:53 PM
I'll say it again. It would take a "genious" to win a pick'em contest by thirty games. You, sir, are no "genious!"

Oh he cheated. I have a record of when picks were made and he clearly exploited the fault in the system.

go_broncos
09-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Oh he cheated. I have a record of when picks were made and he clearly exploited the fault in the system.

Please post all the users that cheated..It would be helpful.

brncs_fan
09-06-2011, 04:00 PM

So he has the moral fiber to not only cheat, then lie about multiple times, then wish someone ill will for calling him out on it, all the while saying that it is ok because McD filmed a SF practice?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mu3ueGsO4rk/TRABja_R5MI/AAAAAAAABGc/LkIRSD0G2K4/s1600/LOLcats+interesting.jpg

go_broncos
09-06-2011, 04:06 PM
So he has the moral fiber to not only cheat, then lie about multiple times, then wish someone ill will for calling him out on it, all the while saying that it is ok because McD filmed a SF practice?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mu3ueGsO4rk/TRABja_R5MI/AAAAAAAABGc/LkIRSD0G2K4/s1600/LOLcats+interesting.jpg

He cheated and his life is so full of nothing that it gavve him a sense of accomplishment in an otherwise miserable life.
I responded to this.
If you are so concerned, why didn't you quote tailgatenut when he said 'I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire! Low-life scum!'

DomCasual
09-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Please post all the users that cheated..It would be helpful.

Have any of them insisted that they didn't cheat?

go_broncos
09-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Have any of them insisted that they didn't cheat?

it might be that the posters calling me cheat themselves cheated..

tsiguy96
09-06-2011, 04:13 PM
worst attempt at deflection ever. its so very obvious you cheated, atleast stop trying to deny it and pretend you forgot about the thread...

go_broncos
09-06-2011, 04:22 PM
worst attempt at deflection ever. its so very obvious you cheated, atleast stop trying to deny it and pretend you forgot about the thread...

it's not..no one has right to call me cheat if they themselves are cheaters in first place.

TailgateNut
09-06-2011, 04:38 PM

Thanks for calling the cheater on his LIE!

TailgateNut
09-06-2011, 04:42 PM
I responded to this.
If you are so concerned, why didn't you quote tailgatenut when he said 'I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire! Low-life scum!'

Why should he quote that? Most people wouldn't piss on you if your worthless cheating and lying ass was on fire.

tsiguy96
09-06-2011, 04:43 PM
it's not..no one has right to call me cheat if they themselves are cheaters in first place.

why would anyone else cheat, when we are playing pickem as a non wagered competitive contest to see who can correctly get the games right? you clearly thought it was worth much, much more. and if anyone else did cheat, why would they cheat just enough to be placed near the top but not excessively "win" it like you did? stupid.

you got caught, might as well admit it or like i said, pretend you didnt see any responses to this thread.

TailgateNut
09-06-2011, 04:43 PM

LOL

Low life scum!

DomCasual
09-06-2011, 04:45 PM

Man, you are a strange bird with some twisted logic.

TailgateNut
09-06-2011, 04:45 PM

So, in your "not so humble opinion" only those who didn't cheat can call you a cheater?

CHEATING LOW LIFE SCUM!

OBF1
09-06-2011, 04:59 PM
I care................

This message is hidden because go_broncos is on your ignore list.

Okay, maybe not. Douche has been on ignore for quite a while.

Rock Chalk
09-06-2011, 05:01 PM
To be fair to go_broncos and in the interest of unbiased reporting, technically speaking he did not cheat. The system allowed him to make changes after the games were completed. Cheating would be hacking into the database and changing records via scripting attacks. He did not do that. He merely changed his picks after the games were completed because of a flaw in the coding (which is complicated but had to do with the server time, and game time and the fact that comparing the two had a major bug in it).

What he did was knowingly changed his picks even though he knew that while the system allowed it, should not have been done. Instead of immediately alerting me to the issue, he kept his mouth shut and changed his picks.

It's all good though.I cant have it integrated this year and I apologize for that but next year it will be and it will not have the issue it had this year and will be automatically updated as the games finish.

And there will be perma-bans on it, and guess who made the list before it even started?

OBF1
09-06-2011, 05:05 PM
I am in. Can someone please show me how to cheat.

TailgateNut
09-06-2011, 05:07 PM
I am in. Can someone please show me how to cheat.

You'll have to take go_raiders off iggy!

DomCasual
09-06-2011, 05:08 PM
And there will be perma-bans on it, and guess who made the list before it even started?

Man, I have read this three times, and I have no idea what it means. What are you saying here, you crazy bastard? :)

go_broncos
09-06-2011, 05:09 PM
You'll have to take go_raiders off iggy!

you are a joker..:spit:

TailgateNut
09-06-2011, 05:11 PM
you are a joker..:spit:

I'm not "joking". In my eyes you are a low life as raiderfan! Even lower!

go_broncos
09-06-2011, 05:12 PM
I'm not "joking". In my eyes you are a low life as raiderfan! Even lower!

haaaaaaaaa......good joke...continue...continue..i am enjoying your posts.!Booya!

Taco John
09-06-2011, 05:12 PM

bump

TailgateNut
09-06-2011, 05:13 PM
I bet that if you went out with some friends (not that you have any) and one of them left some money on the bar, you would steal it and not even be embarrased to do it.

Low Life POS!

go_broncos
09-06-2011, 05:14 PM
I bet that if you went out with some friends (not that you have any) and one of them left some money on the bar, you would steal it and not even be embarrased to do it.

Low Life POS!

just be glad you are not my friend..pls post more..i need more laughs.:thumbsup:

Rock Chalk
09-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Man, I have read this three times, and I have no idea what it means. What are you saying here, you crazy bastard? :)

It means that people who knowingly exploited the system, have ever pissed me off or are named Taco John will not be allowed to play :)

No seriously, it just means that, like the forums, there will be rules and if you break the rules you will get banned from playing.

No one likes a cheater. But I just sent a PM to Isaac and Im going to make a multitude of changes this year throughout the season so that next year it will be fully tested. WHen I first started this I programmed it in about 2 days and the next year I had about 12 hours to get the schedule imported (which btw, caused some issues) and forgot to update any changes I had planned on. With a full year and season to test it next year will be rocking and it will be easy to implement in the future. So easy that say, if I get hit by a bus (god forbid) that all Taco would have to do is create a spreadsheet of the schedule and run the "install" every year with the new schedule.

Since I have started this I have had 2 girls, moved 3 times, bought a house, changed 3 jobs, and basically have run around like a chicken with his head cut off so I havent had the opportunity to really focus on it like I would have liked. C'est la vie. With no pressure to haul ass and get it done and an entire season to test changes, next year the integration will be complete and bug free and much more robust.

DomCasual
09-06-2011, 05:16 PM
It means that people who knowingly exploited the system, have ever pissed me off or are named Taco John will not be allowed to play :)

No seriously, it just means that, like the forums, there will be rules and if you break the rules you will get banned from playing.

No one likes a cheater. But I just sent a PM to Isaac and Im going to make a multitude of changes this year throughout the season so that next year it will be fully tested. WHen I first started this I programmed it in about 2 days and the next year I had about 12 hours to get the schedule imported (which btw, caused some issues) and forgot to update any changes I had planned on. With a full year and season to test it next year will be rocking and it will be easy to implement in the future. So easy that say, if I get hit by a bus (god forbid) that all Taco would have to do is create a spreadsheet of the schedule and run the "install" every year with the new schedule.

Since I have started this I have had 2 girls, moved 3 times, bought a house, changed 3 jobs, and basically have run around like a chicken with his head cut off so I havent had the opportunity to really focus on it like I would have liked. C'est la vie. With no pressure to haul ass and get it done and an entire season to test changes, next year the integration will be complete and bug free and much more robust.

Blah blah blah I am lazy and I am making excuses blah blah blah children blah blah house blah blah chicken hawk blah!

I'm kidding, you profane goof!

Rock Chalk
09-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Blah blah blah I am lazy and I am making excuses blah blah blah children blah blah house blah blah chicken hawk blah!

I'm kidding, you profane goof!

Bashing my Jayhawks? Perma-ban!

broncocalijohn
09-06-2011, 09:04 PM

Go ahead Rock Chalk and post when I put my picks in. I believe I was robbed of first place as I played fair. I give permission.
Have you come forward and actually said that "Yes, I cheated and lied about not cheating!" Dig deeper.

broncocalijohn
09-06-2011, 09:12 PM
To be fair to go_broncos and in the interest of unbiased reporting, technically speaking he did not cheat. The system allowed him to make changes after the games were completed. Cheating would be hacking into the database and changing records via scripting attacks. He did not do that. He merely changed his picks after the games were completed because of a flaw in the coding (which is complicated but had to do with the server time, and game time and the fact that comparing the two had a major bug in it).

What he did was knowingly changed his picks even though he knew that while the system allowed it, should not have been done. Instead of immediately alerting me to the issue, he kept his mouth shut and changed his picks.

If a vending machine keeps spitting out candy when you hit the return button, it isn't his fault that the machine malfunctioned. It is his fault to keep taking something that is not paid for. Same thing with go_broncos. He found a flaw and took AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE THAT NO ONE ELSE HAD THE SAME ADVANTAGE! Therefore, it would be ruled that he cheated. As far as I know, people followed the rules and picked at least 5 minutes before game time. He did that and then changed it BREAKING THE RULES OF THE PICK 'EM GAME. He didn't have to break in to the system to cheat. Instead of telling you of the flaw, he took advantage of the system and game. To me and most others, that is cheating. Look the meaning up and you will see he followed it to a "T".

Taco John
09-07-2011, 12:29 PM
13 spots left.

Get in while you can!

DomCasual
09-07-2011, 12:54 PM
13 spots left.

Get in while you can!

:spamattac

go_broncos
09-07-2011, 01:17 PM
bump

I joined..:thumbsup:

Taco John
09-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Dont forget to get your picks in!

Taco John
09-08-2011, 02:57 PM
2 spots left open by the way!

Ratboy
09-08-2011, 02:58 PM
Looks like I made it just in time!

vonqkilla
09-08-2011, 03:17 PM
$ due or bragging rights only?

broncocalijohn
09-08-2011, 03:25 PM
$ due or bragging rights only?

bragging unless some want to put up a $5 spot for winner takes all (or top 2) for year or weekly. Must have paypal to do so. Not sure if TJ would want to set up but it might get all that pays to be active on their picks.

Taco John
09-08-2011, 04:50 PM
There is no official money pool. I've talked with a lawyer about this once before, and he basically put the fear of God into me about the liability concerns. I have no problem with people in our community hosting their own leagues and calling them "Orange Mane" leagues and having a money pool. The liability concerns are considerably less in those circumstances, but where I act as a money broker, I open myself and the site up to a lot more hassle than it's worth.

broncocalijohn
09-08-2011, 05:11 PM
^ plus you stole from us lasttime we had you as treasurer. Last I heard $385 went into the OrangeMane for Ron Paul Campaign Fund. LABF was not happy about that!

Sassy
09-08-2011, 05:35 PM
tRYING TO PICK SAINTS...WON'T LET ME.

Sassy
09-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Says game is 7:30 but they haven't started.

Sassy
09-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Ok It wouldn't let me pick...but kickoff was 7:40 and I posted Saints here at 7:35 so it should count right? It said gametime 7:30 and I tried at 7:35.

broncocalijohn
09-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Ok It wouldn't let me pick...but kickoff was 7:40 and I posted Saints here at 7:35 so it should count right? It said gametime 7:30 and I tried at 7:35.

No excuses lil lady. I think it needs to be in 10 minutes before game time. Just because they started late, Yahoo doesn't set it up like that. Now if Rock Chalk was doing it, you could have picked your team 3 hours after the game started!

Ratboy
09-08-2011, 07:24 PM
No excuses lil lady. I think it needs to be in 10 minutes before game time. Just because they started late, Yahoo doesn't set it up like that. Now if Rock Chalk was doing it, you could have picked your team 3 hours after the game started!

I believe it is 5 minutes.

vonqkilla
09-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Bragging rights is cool, I just want to test myself. Stupid call by sean peyton on 4th and 1!

OBF1
09-11-2011, 08:16 AM
bump

Popcorn Sutton
09-11-2011, 08:37 AM
Just joined...