PDA

View Full Version : Cassel has a cracked rib

cutthemdown
09-04-2011, 06:58 PM
Just read on Profootballtalk that Cassel may not be able to go this weekend. Cracked rib and being a p***Y might keep him out of the game. Those 2 things I guess don't go so good together. Sort of like Chiefs and winning a playoff game.

Kansas City’s preseason finale proved to be a fitting end to a miserable exhibition season.
The Chiefs lost their second leading receiver from 2010 Tony Moeaki (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5841/tony-moeaki) for the season (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/03/tony-moeaki-lands-on-ir-as-chiefs-cut-to-53/) because of an injury in the game. Their starting quarterback is also banged up.
Nick Wright of 610 Sports and Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star reports Matt Cassel (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3237/matt-cassel) has a rib injury that could keep him out of the season opener (http://www.kansascity.com/2011/09/04/3121062/chiefs-qb-cassel-has-rib-injury.html#ixzz1X291JLQk) against the Bills. Wright reports Cassel has a cracked rib (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/04/report-cassel-could-miss-opener-with-rib-injury/Moeaki%20out%20for%20season%20another%20reminder%2 0that%20in-game%20injury%20analysis%20worthless.%20Called%20m inor.%20Put%20helmet%20on%20like%20he%20was%20goin g%20back%20in.). And that could expose one of the shakiest backup quarterback situations in the league.

cutthemdown
09-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Kaylore is right about the Chiefs. They do fall apart the yr after they win the division. When was the last time they won it back to back? I have this feeling Queefs are going to be lucky to win 8 games this yr.

Doggcow
09-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Looks like Haley will be refusing some hand shakes this week?

bronco militia
09-04-2011, 07:04 PM
this might improve thier QB play ;D

Bronx33
09-04-2011, 07:08 PM
A cracked rib is a tough healing process i would think.

cutthemdown
09-04-2011, 07:09 PM
this might improve thier QB play ;D

I doubt it. lol. Cassel is no world beater but Palko? cmon.

broncocalijohn
09-04-2011, 07:30 PM
I doubt it. lol. Cassel is no world beater but Palko? cmon.

Well Croyle got cut. They can always sign him back to try to get his first NFL win.

bronco militia
09-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Well Croyle got cut. They can always sign him back to try to get his first NFL win.

LOLLOL

SouthStndJunkie
09-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Brodie Croyle is about the size of a rib.

cutthemdown
09-04-2011, 07:39 PM
Where is Bob to tell us how this actually could make the Chiefs better this yr.

Soul-Bronco
09-04-2011, 08:10 PM

A cracked rib is a real pain in the ass. Not much blood flow down thier so the healing process is slower than usual, add constant movement from the lungs and you have long lingering pain.

Pony Boy
09-04-2011, 08:31 PM
maybe Bob will give him a rib ........

cutthemdown
09-04-2011, 08:33 PM
maybe Bob will give him a rib ........

He can't women already have one less rib. If he gives another his organs will fall out.

Mogulseeker
09-04-2011, 08:35 PM
He can't women already have one less rib. If he gives another his organs will fall out.

Not true, but lol anyway.

Kaylore
09-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Playing starters the last game. How pissed would all of you have been if Von Miller tore his ACL and Brandon Lloyd cracked his rib?

I cracked a rib once playing football and there's nothing you can do about healing it except be patient and try not to sneeze or cough.

cutthemdown
09-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Not true, but lol anyway.

I always get those bible stories mixed up lol. It's satan trying to fool me. LOL!

cutthemdown
09-04-2011, 08:47 PM
Playing starters the last game. How pissed would all of you have been if Von Miller tore his ACL and Brandon Lloyd cracked his rib?

I cracked a rib once playing football and there's nothing you can do about healing it except be patient and try not to sneeze or cough.

Haley played it safe all preseason lol. Then he decides to get his starters some work the last game and couple get injured. I'm not saying his way stupid, but one reason to do things the normal way, is that when players get injured you don't get second guessed. You play starters the 3rd preseason game, then you sit them for the most part the last week. You do it that way and no one second guesses you. I have never cracked a rib, but did bruise them up one time really bad in a water skiing accident. That was my last time shore starting.

Spider
09-04-2011, 08:48 PM

cracked ribs hurt like hell , even steering aggravates the hell out of a cracked rib ... nothing you can do about it , so might as well play

baja
09-04-2011, 08:50 PM

If God created Eve from Adam's rib wouldn't it be man the is shorted a rib.

Hey is that were the term short ribs came from?

cutthemdown
09-04-2011, 10:47 PM
If God created Eve from Adam's rib wouldn't it be man the is shorted a rib.

Hey is that were the term short ribs came from?

Dude don't question me on the bible. The term short ribs came from the last supper when Jesus said hey can i have another rib....but they were like naw we short on da ribs. So now when you eat short ribs you're supposed to leave a little on the plate to honor Ra the sun god. My Church wasn't exactly mainstream though. :)

Pick Six
09-04-2011, 10:59 PM
Do they serve short ribs on the short bus? :ouwknow:

baja
09-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Dude don't question me on the bible. The term short ribs came from the last supper when Jesus said hey can i have another rib....but they were like naw we short on da ribs. So now when you eat short ribs you're supposed to leave a little on the plate to honor Ra the sun god. My Church wasn't exactly mainstream though. :)

Ha! caught ya. Jesus was a vegan

cutthemdown
09-04-2011, 11:46 PM
Ha! caught ya. Jesus was a vegan

So he was a fisherman who didn't eat fish. That would be like that scarface rule, don't get high on your own supply.

baja
09-04-2011, 11:55 PM
So he was a fisherman who didn't eat fish. That would be like that scarface rule, don't get high on your own supply.

You are sinking deeper. Jesus was a carpenter.

KCStud
09-05-2011, 12:17 AM
Just read on Profootballtalk that Cassel may not be able to go this weekend. Cracked rib and being a p***Y might keep him out of the game. Those 2 things I guess don't go so good together. Sort of like Chiefs and winning a playoff game.

Kansas City’s preseason finale proved to be a fitting end to a miserable exhibition season.
The Chiefs lost their second leading receiver from 2010 Tony Moeaki (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5841/tony-moeaki) for the season (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/03/tony-moeaki-lands-on-ir-as-chiefs-cut-to-53/) because of an injury in the game. Their starting quarterback is also banged up.
Nick Wright of 610 Sports and Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star reports Matt Cassel (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3237/matt-cassel) has a rib injury that could keep him out of the season opener (http://www.kansascity.com/2011/09/04/3121062/chiefs-qb-cassel-has-rib-injury.html#ixzz1X291JLQk) against the Bills. Wright reports Cassel has a cracked rib (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/04/report-cassel-could-miss-opener-with-rib-injury/Moeaki%20out%20for%20season%20another%20reminder%2 0that%20in-game%20injury%20analysis%20worthless.%20Called%20m inor.%20Put%20helmet%20on%20like%20he%20was%20goin g%20back%20in.). And that could expose one of the shakiest backup quarterback situations in the league.

So a QB who plays a week and a half after surgery is a pussy? Hilarious!
And players get hurt at anytime. Look at the Giants. It's part of the game.
There are no reports saying Cassel has cracked ribs. Until one is out I'll believe it.

Bob's your Information Minister
09-05-2011, 12:41 AM
Cassel played a great game of football a few days after an appendectomy last year.

He got this.

ChiefsNow
09-05-2011, 12:42 AM
Even bruised ribs take a while to heal , and hurt just as much sometimes.

gunns
09-05-2011, 03:44 AM
Where is Bob to tell us how this actually could make the Chiefs better this yr.

He got the wind knocked out of him, you dumb****.

How do you feel now?

He's in denial

Dr. Broncenstein
09-05-2011, 05:39 AM
A cracked rib is a real pain in the ass. Not much blood flow down thier so the healing process is slower than usual, add constant movement from the lungs and you have long lingering pain.

Blood supply is not an issue. Each rib has an artery (intercostal artery) situated directly beneath it. And the lungs aren't moving anything. The lungs are completely dependent upon pressures generated by the chest to move. The slightest external pressure on a lung causes it to collapse... lungs are softer than Bob's skull.

CEH
09-05-2011, 06:00 AM
I hope Cassell plays with that roid head Merriman coming to town all doped up from the Canada trips those ribs will have a gigantic bulls-eye one them

He's going to have to sit to really let them heal.

AmericanBroncFan
09-05-2011, 06:05 AM
I hope Cassell plays with that roid head Merriman coming to town all doped up from the Canada trips those ribs will have a gigantic bulls-eye one them

He's going to have to sit to really let them heal.

It will happen. Did you see what that Bils Dline did to the bears Olineman? bears oline=kcoline.
Buffalo 38
kc baby haleys 13

Agamemnon
09-05-2011, 06:17 AM
It will happen. Did you see what that Bils Dline did to the bears Olineman? bears oline=kcoline.
Buffalo 38
kc baby haleys 13

Buffalo doesn't have the offensive firepower to score 38 points on anyone...

jbiel
09-05-2011, 06:34 AM
I believe Bob made it very clear he only got the wind knocked out of him. Who's the dumb*** now?

barryr
09-05-2011, 06:49 AM
One really has to wonder just what Haley was thinking leaving his starting QB in for so long in the last preseason game when most it seems do not even play their starting QB. And also lose their starting TE for the year too. The Chiefs, as we all know, other than Chief fans of course, are not really all that great and figure to drop with a harder schedule.

CEH
09-05-2011, 06:56 AM
Cassel played a great game of football a few days after an appendectomy last year.

He got this.

Actually a week and a half after but how did that game go where he sat. Try 67 yards of total offense and zero points. 31-0

Last time I checked it's impossible to win when scoring zero points

Jetmeck
09-05-2011, 07:03 AM
Kaylore is right about the Chiefs. They do fall apart the yr after they win the division. When was the last time they won it back to back? I have this feeling Queefs are going to be lucky to win 8 games this yr.

Exactly. The suck for years, get a soft schedule and win the division then go back into the cellar. They have done this many times.

Cassel is not a pussy, he played a game last year right after appendix surgery I believ it was . Some sort of surgery pretty involved. He may not be a very good qb but he is tough.

09-05-2011, 07:08 AM
Adam Schefter said that the feeling is Matt Cassel (rib) will be able to play Sunday.

09-05-2011, 07:09 AM
One really has to wonder just what Haley was thinking leaving his starting QB in for so long in the last preseason game when most it seems do not even play their starting QB. .

Cassel played as many snaps as Tom Brady the other night.

Pony Boy
09-05-2011, 07:29 AM
Blood supply is not an issue. Each rib has an artery (intercostal artery) situated directly beneath it. And the lungs aren't moving anything. The lungs are completely dependent upon pressures generated by the chest to move. The slightest external pressure on a lung causes it to collapse... lungs are softer than Bob's skull.

So Bob suffers from a collapsed skull ......^5

redrage
09-05-2011, 07:31 AM
One really has to wonder just what Haley was thinking leaving his starting QB in for so long in the last preseason game when most it seems do not even play their starting QB. And also lose their starting TE for the year too. The Chiefs, as we all know, other than Chief fans of course, are not really all that great and figure to drop with a harder schedule.

Haley took a different approach to preseason than most teams. Build up their conditioning, then get some playing time the closer the season gets. For the most part it worked. The non contact injuries (muscle pulls and the like) were nearly non exisentent. Moeaki, already injury prone, got hurt on a weird play. Starting to doubt whether he will ever be healthy enough to have an effective career. Bottom line if it happened earlier, then no one questions him. The players needed reps. I'm much more concerned about penalties and turnovers. They rightfully dominated the Packers backups in that game, but literally gave the game away with turnovers. The packers scored 13 points in the second half with about 20 offensive yards in that span.

The harder schedule argument continues to be downright laughable. Yes, it'll likely result in a worse record, but the rest of the division has the same damn schedule, so how does the schedule have anything to do with it? The two games KC has different than the rest of the division is Pitt and Indy and without Manning, I don't fear the Colts.

I'll let the season play out. The offense does look a little shaky, but the defense does look a lot better. I'm excited to see how they play.

Agamemnon
09-05-2011, 07:32 AM

That would explain a lot.

09-05-2011, 07:32 AM

It's actually a partially exploded skull. The knowledge inside my head grew too vast and forced it's way out. Hence 24,000 posts on this board.

Agamemnon
09-05-2011, 07:33 AM
I'm excited to see how they play.

So am I. I love watching the Chiefs suck. Ha!

Pendejo
09-05-2011, 08:26 AM

Still hurts like a bitch.

Br0nc0Buster
09-05-2011, 08:28 AM
Schefter said Cassel will play, Im sure with a jacket though

AmericanBroncFan
09-05-2011, 08:34 AM
Buffalo doesn't have the offensive firepower to score 38 points on anyone...

TURNOVERS TURNOVERS and more TURNOVERS will help buffalo get to 38 pts. kc is stil not out of offseason mode and now their banged up. That baby piece of crap Hc of theirs has ruined any momentum they had......or was it Baltimore that ended that momentum by showing them they didn't belong in the playoffs?

DENVERDUI55
09-05-2011, 08:43 AM

I was three sheets to the wind and the Cosmo in Vegas this weekend winning at craps and my chick was cleaning up on roulette and I placed a bet on the under 7.5 wins for KC. It's too bad I didn't get them at 8 where they were earlier in the year there is a lot of money going on the under.

DENVERDUI55
09-05-2011, 08:45 AM
They will shoot him up and he will be able to play.

Man-Goblin
09-05-2011, 08:46 AM
I was three sheets to the wind and the Cosmo in Vegas this weekend winning at craps and my chick was cleaning up on roulette and I placed a bet on the under 7.5 wins for KC. It's too bad I didn't get them at 8 where they were earlier in the year there is a lot of money going on the under.

What are you going to do with your winnings?

ICON
09-05-2011, 08:50 AM
Makes no sense to keep starters out that long in the final preseason game. Tough break for Cassel. Nasty Injury in the sense it could linger...just when you think its healed, he throws the ball he could tweak it and be out longer.

Now we get to see... Palko? Hilarious!

Looks like the Bills might be able to stack the box against Charles with 8 sometimes 9 guys.

If he misses the first game, then he might as well miss the second against the Lions.

DENVERDUI55
09-05-2011, 08:53 AM
What are you going to do with your winnings?

Go back and give it back probably. I hit vegas several times a year.

09-05-2011, 08:55 AM
Makes no sense to keep starters out that long in the final preseason game.

Bill Belichick played his starters as long as Cassel and Moeaki were in the game.

broncswin
09-05-2011, 08:58 AM
i think bobo is a little nervous...i have never seen him so defensive about things

ICON
09-05-2011, 09:02 AM
Bill Belichick played his starters as long as Cassel and Moeaki were in the game.

I suppose if you're an NFL head coach and you think your offense looked awful in the first 3 preseason games, or they didn't seem to be on the same page, then you have to use the 4th game to prepare. No way he could have that kind of production in the first 3 regular season games and expect to start better than 0-3.

It was still a bad decision

KC goes 0-3 first three games.

09-05-2011, 09:06 AM
i think bobo is a little nervous...i have never seen him so defensive about things

The lack of respect for the division champion around here is disgusting....

Ordinarily I could tolerate this insubordination...you guys have been arrogant for years....but coming off a 4-12 season and you pull this?

Don't expect your overlord to be merciful this year.

Man-Goblin
09-05-2011, 09:08 AM
It's just so great that the Chiefs are going to be in the basement again. It just...it just feels so right.

TheReverend
09-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Go back and give it back probably. I hit vegas several times a year.

Still live in SoCal?

09-05-2011, 09:32 AM
It's just so great that the Chiefs are going to be in the basement again. It just...it just feels so right.

The Chiefs have only been in the basement twice in the last 20 years.

The Broncos have been there three times.

Let me tell you what feels right - the Broncos missing the playoffs, again.

You haven't made the playoffs five years in a row.....and you are not sniffing the playoffs this year.

Six long, long years without a postseason.....that's loser territory.

FYI...the Chiefs haven't had a playoff drought that long since the 80s.

Loser territory.

fdf
09-05-2011, 09:47 AM

Or like TD in the superbowl, you put on a flak jacket and play.

Man-Goblin
09-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Actually, in the last 20 years, the Chiefs have finished last in the division 4 times, the Broncos only two. But lets go back another 10 years! In the last 30 years, the Chiefs have finished last in the division 8 times and the Broncos only 3. That's a pretty great accomplishment for the Chiefs! considering the dog-**** Seahawks and Chargers teams that were thrown out there.

Yep. Feels right.

DarkHorse30
09-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Haley took a different approach to preseason than most teams......

Doesn't Haley take a different approach to nearly everything? You look at the guy on the sidelines and you wonder if the wheels spinning in his head will do damage when they fly off the rail.

The only other coach that struck me this way was Childress

jbiel
09-05-2011, 09:51 AM
[QUOTE=Bob's your Information Minister;3279589]The lack of respect for the division champion around here is disgusting....

Probably because your division record was 2-4. Sounds like a champion to me...

Man-Goblin
09-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Doesn't Haley take a different approach to nearly everything? You look at the guy on the sidelines and you wonder if the wheels spinning in his head will do damage when they fly off the rail.

The only other coach that struck me this way was Childress

Gratuitous posting of what is one of my favorite gifs of all time...

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/45895/81492017.gif

Carmelo15
09-05-2011, 10:01 AM
cutthemdown is classic im this thread LOL

TonyR
09-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Just saw that Keary Colbert made the Chiefs. That's not a good sign for them.

Also read that Charles had a poor preseason.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/09/02/3117950/jamaal-charles-disappointed-in.html

09-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Just saw that Keary Colbert made the Chiefs. That's not a good sign for them.

He's the 6th receiver....sixth.

Sixth.

How in any way is that a bad sign?

Also read that Charles had a poor preseason.

Yeah, I'm sure that will stop him from gaining another 1,500 yards. ROFL!

DENVERDUI55
09-05-2011, 10:45 AM
The Chiefs have only been in the basement twice in the last 20 years.

The Broncos have been there three times.

Let me tell you what feels right - the Broncos missing the playoffs, again.

You haven't made the playoffs five years in a row.....and you are not sniffing the playoffs this year.

Six long, long years without a postseason.....that's loser territory.

FYI...the Chiefs haven't had a playoff drought that long since the 80s.

Loser territory.

Blah blah blah have you ever seen a Queef playoff win? I know you have seen everyteam in the AFC west (even Seattle) in the big dance. One form of smack talk a KC fan should never engage is anything to do with playoffs.

09-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Blah blah blah have you ever seen a Queef playoff win? I know you have seen everyteam in the AFC west (even Seattle) in the big dance. One form of smack talk a KC fan should never engage is anything to do with playoffs.

Sorry I live in recent times....the Broncos are cellar-dwellers who have forgotten what the playoffs feel like. The Chiefs are your masters at present.

Show some respect.

Paladin
09-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Is it ........

MILLER TIME ?

Please tell Joe Mays that Cassals has sore ribs.......

DENVERDUI55
09-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Sorry I live in recent times....the Broncos are cellar-dwellers who have forgotten what the playoffs feel like. The Chiefs are your masters at present.

Show some respect.

I did show some respect like everyone else in the country and bet the under on 7.5 wins. Easy money.

ton80
09-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Sounds like something to integrate into the game plan. Miller, we think its on his left side so we want you working the right this week.

OrangeSe7en
09-05-2011, 11:38 AM

If I was KC, I wouldn't mind signing Croyle's wife. Id tell her to leave her husband at home though.

OrangeSe7en
09-05-2011, 11:42 AM
What sucks is that this is the scenario that might have allowed us to trade Orton or Quinn but trading with someone in the division kind of kills it. A 3 out of 31 chance and this is how it happened. So lucky.

09-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Actually, in the last 20 years, the Chiefs have finished last in the division 4 times, the Broncos only two. But lets go back another 10 years! In the last 30 years, the Chiefs have finished last in the division 8 times and the Broncos only 3. That's a pretty great accomplishment for the Chiefs! considering the dog-**** Seahawks and Chargers teams that were thrown out there.

Yep. Feels right.

So the Chiefs have one little rebuilding period, in which we fired our GM AND coach, and suddenly being last in the division is their history, and feels "right."

Bull****.

The Raiders are the sad-sack losers of the AFC West the last 10 years. The Chiefs and the Broncos are pretty much in the same boat. The Chargers have been the best team.

0 chance of the Chiefs being in the cellar this year.

The Broncos? Significant chance.

If you guys don't make the playoffs pretty soon you're going to smell a lot like the Raiders. Six years is a long time. A lonnnnnnnng time.

Man-Goblin
09-05-2011, 12:01 PM
You're right. The Chiefs new slogan should be, "Hey, at least we were better than the Raiders the last 10 years (even though the Raiders went to a Super Bowl in the last decade)!"

Perry1977
09-05-2011, 12:04 PM
You know what's really a lonnnng time? 41 years since the Dallas Texans, aka the Kansas City Chiefs appeared in a superbowl. How old are you, Bob?

09-05-2011, 12:16 PM
You're right. The Chiefs new slogan should be, "Hey, at least we were better than the Raiders the last 10 years (even though the Raiders went to a Super Bowl in the last decade)!"

That could also be the Broncos' slogan, although another five years like the last five years, and the slogan will be: NO PLAYOFFS, NO PROBLEM

IHaveALight
09-05-2011, 12:17 PM

Yep. Feels right.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGWyLsNuLQLq7P5IpCWiWuJ7h0RYS1X ymsYst6yNqngZKxR68L
Then of course Bobo ignores what he was saying before and comes back with some more crap.

HAT
09-05-2011, 12:23 PM
The Raiders are the sad-sack losers of the AFC West the last 10 years. .

They were in the Super Bowl 9 years ago fatty.

09-05-2011, 12:33 PM
They were in the Super Bowl 9 years ago fatty.

That's cute. Getting your ass bombed in the Super Bowl doesn't make you not sad-sack losers.

That loss was as bad as Elway getting his **** pushed in by Montana in the Super Bowl.

Rolandftw
09-05-2011, 01:26 PM
So, you're saying it's better to not win a playoff game then winning a number of them--but then getting blown out in the Super Bowl? Interesting.

09-05-2011, 01:37 PM
DannyParkinsDanny Parkins

Todd Haley claimed Matt Cassel was a full participant in todays #Chiefs practice.

Tyler Palko denied he had been told "be ready to play" and said as the backup he always has to be ready but that Matt is the guy.

Rolandftw
09-05-2011, 01:39 PM
It's funny, but if a Broncos fan found a similar twitter stating the opposite, it would be a clear and unsubstantiated rumor.

He'll probably try to play. Not sure if he'll finish though...

Man-Goblin
09-05-2011, 01:41 PM
So, you're saying it's better to not win a playoff game then winning a number of them--but then getting blown out in the Super Bowl? Interesting.

Of course. It's all their poor fans have to cling to. They're a joke of a franchise. Of course they're going to cite their 2 instances in the last 5 years of falling ass backwards into a playoff spot - then getting destroyed in the 1st round - as a success. The most pitiful part is when they beg for respect afterwards.

boltaneer
09-05-2011, 01:42 PM
The Chiefs don't get a lot of respect from opposing fans because:

1) Haley. No one is going to respect a whiner like that. Give me a break.

2) They went 2-4 in the division last year. People view the Chargers giving away the division with their craptacular special teams rather than the Chiefs taking it.

3) They have an underwhelming QB at the helm.

Get over it.

ICON
09-05-2011, 02:03 PM
The lack of respect for the division champion around here is disgusting....

Ordinarily I could tolerate this insubordination...you guys have been arrogant for years....but coming off a 4-12 season and you pull this?

Don't expect your overlord to be merciful this year.

Mediocre teams win bad divisions all the time. I expect them to fall back to earth. It happens every year.

ICON
09-05-2011, 02:09 PM

Todd Haley claimed Matt Cassel was a full participant in todays #Chiefs practice.

Tyler Palko denied he had been told "be ready to play" and said as the backup he always has to be ready but that Matt is the guy.

They will drug him up but after 2 sacks he's screwed.

Matt Cassel practicing this week. Best scenario for Bills Cassel gets all the reps this week, Hopefully Dareus makes him regret that and knocks him out of the game early Sunday, Palko has to come in cold.

09-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Two sacks? ROFL!

The Bills don't exactly have a pass rush.

Rolandftw
09-05-2011, 02:40 PM
lol. You haven't watched the bills this preseason, have you? With Merriman in the game, they are a much different defense. I'm guessing 3+ sacks if not more.

And again, the Chiefs haven't really done anything to merit respect. I'll give them credit for doing what no one else in the division did--beat the teams that they were supposed to. But, it's all about winning championships. A sign of a team that can do that is one that starts by winning a playoff game. Until that happens, people will continue to doubt the Chiefs.

ICON
09-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Two sacks? ROFL!

First series Cassel will be on the ground !

Brandon Albert gets abused by Merriman followed by Carrington!

Old Dude
09-05-2011, 02:52 PM
That's unfortunate, but you all have to understand how important it was to beat Green Bay in preseason, even if it took KC's starters vs. GB's backups.

Because if they'd gone 0-4 in preseason, that would have been demoralizing to the fanbase.

Oh, wait ...

ICON
09-05-2011, 02:53 PM
Merriman, Dareus, Williams, Batten and Carrington will get after Cassel .

brncs_fan
09-05-2011, 02:54 PM
First series Cassel will be on the ground !

Brandon Albert gets abused by Merriman followed by Carrington!

I highly doubt it. The better scenario is that Cassel sees the pressure coming, pisses himself, and throws the ball away sending 50% of his pass attempts into the sidelines.

Later that evening Chief's fans will be by to tell us how bravely he played.

09-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Batten and Carrington will get after Cassel .

ROFL!

Who the hell are these guys?

Are you just gonna list every scrub on Buffalo? Why not all 11?

09-05-2011, 03:35 PM
:peace:

Cassel says he'll start at QB in Chiefs' opener (http://www.kansascity.com/2011/09/05/3122536/cassel-says-hell-start-at-qb-in.html#ixzz1X7TJLV4q)

maher_tyler
09-05-2011, 03:37 PM
That sucks, seems like they're in the same boat as us. Any loss to a starter and they're screwed!

ICON
09-05-2011, 03:49 PM

Cassel says he'll start at QB in Chiefs' opener (http://www.kansascity.com/2011/09/05/3122536/cassel-says-hell-start-at-qb-in.html#ixzz1X7TJLV4q)It's to their advantage to keep the Bills guessing.

DenverBrit
09-05-2011, 03:58 PM
Two sacks? ROFL!

Tell that to the Bears. 9 sacks.

Rolandftw
09-05-2011, 03:59 PM
I'm sure the Bills will be happy, no matter who it is.

Tim
09-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Palko > Cassel. Hopefully Matt stays healthy all year.

KCStud
09-05-2011, 04:18 PM

This might be the funniest post I've ever seen at the Mane. If you said Stanzi > Cassel than you'd be on to something.

You guys clearly don't give Cassel enough credit when it comes to toughness. The guy played less than 2 weeks after having surgery. He's a tough guy. He's doesn't have "Jay Cutler" syndrome.

CEH
09-05-2011, 04:23 PM

Cassel says he'll start at QB in Chiefs' opener (http://www.kansascity.com/2011/09/05/3122536/cassel-says-hell-start-at-qb-in.html#ixzz1X7TJLV4q)

I hope he does start with a flak jacket . The NFL is merciless and would not be surprised as some point to see a "goon" try to take out the QB. I'd expect the same fate for any QB not just Cassell

Tim
09-05-2011, 04:30 PM
This might be the funniest post I've ever seen at the Mane. If you said Stanzi > Cassel than you'd be on to something.

You guys clearly don't give Cassel enough credit when it comes to toughness. The guy played less than 2 weeks after having surgery. He's a tough guy. He's doesn't have "Jay Cutler" syndrome.

I never questioned his toughness.. He just sucks. Lets see how well he does without fat charlie calling the plays.

ICON
09-05-2011, 04:37 PM

Matt is going to try and play...that being said he takes another hard shot and the cracked rib isn't going to get any better.

KC is going to run the ball a lot Sunday..........I think the Bills are going to be up for the challenge of stopping the run on Sunday @ Arrowhead.

Bills will handle the KC rushing attack better then last year.

Bills lost in overtime by 3, and should have won the game.

20 10 BILLS

KCStud
09-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Matt is going to try and play...that being said he takes another hard shot and the cracked rib isn't going to get any better.

KC is going to run the ball a lot Sunday..........I think the Bills are going to be up for the challenge of stopping the run on Sunday @ Arrowhead.

Bills will handle the KC rushing attack better then last year.

Bills lost in overtime by 3, and should have won the game.

20 10 BILLS

Cassel doesn't have a cracked rib. That's a rumor. I don't see someone with a cracked rib being able to throw the ball on the sidelines and in practice without being in pain.

KC is gonna beat the Bills. They won't be able to stop KC's rushing attack.

KCStud
09-05-2011, 04:43 PM
I never questioned his toughness.. He just sucks. Lets see how well he does without fat charlie calling the plays.

Same can be said about Orton. He is an average at best player without McDaniels coaching.

AmericanBroncFan
09-05-2011, 04:54 PM
M. Dareus and S. Merriman are going to end cassy and his baby bi*** hc

broncosteven
09-05-2011, 05:17 PM
I'm sure the Bills will be happy, no matter who it is.

Doesn't KFC have OL troubles this year?

I could see that lights out pervert having a big day along side Dareus, it is the Stone age offense that the Bills need to watch out for.

Best case would be to see Thomas Jones melting down and neck punching his teammates by the half.

gunns
09-05-2011, 06:30 PM
So the Chiefs have one little rebuilding period, in which we fired our GM AND coach, and suddenly being last in the division is their history, and feels "right."

Bull****.

The Raiders are the sad-sack losers of the AFC West the last 10 years. The Chiefs and the Broncos are pretty much in the same boat. The Chargers have been the best team.

0 chance of the Chiefs being in the cellar this year.

The Broncos? Significant chance.

If you guys don't make the playoffs pretty soon you're going to smell a lot like the Raiders. Six years is a long time. A lonnnnnnnng time.

0 chance? One little rebuilding? Dude there's a chance every year and the Chiefs have been "rebuilding" for quite awhile.

But I do see where you are coming from. You think because the Chiefs won the division, they are the SB champs, well, of the AFC West. Hell, the Buffalo Bills could have won this division last year.

Bob, a tip, clue, whatever, here. Remember 1997? A team won the division and hosted a division team in the divisional playoffs. Coming back to you? Yes Bob, winning the division and getting to the playoffs mean nada unless you win. The goal is the SB and you cannot get there without winning a playoff game. Guess what Bob? KC won as many playoff games as Denver last year. Yup.

broncosteven
09-05-2011, 06:56 PM
0 chance? One little rebuilding? Dude there's a chance every year and the Chiefs have been "rebuilding" for quite awhile.

But I do see where you are coming from. You think because the Chiefs won the division, they are the SB champs, well, of the AFC West. Hell, the Buffalo Bills could have won this division last year.

Bob, a tip, clue, whatever, here. Remember 1997? A team won the division and hosted a division team in the divisional playoffs. Coming back to you? Yes Bob, winning the division and getting to the playoffs mean nada unless you win. The goal is the SB and you cannot get there without winning a playoff game. Guess what Bob? KC won as many playoff games as Denver last year. Yup.

I still love Marty's desperation move of trying a fake punt.

Black96WS6
09-06-2011, 12:29 PM
This bears repeating...Todd Haley....Super Genius:
Todd Haley upset with John Harbaugh
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 20, 2011, 7:18 AM EDT

Chiefs coach Todd Haley was upset with Ravens coach John Harbaugh after Friday night’s preseason game, telling Harbaugh that he didn’t appreciate the Ravens running up the score in their 31-13 win.

Baltimore scored two touchdowns in the last two minutes of the game, including one with just five seconds left, and Haley thought Harbaugh should have had his quarterback taking a knee, not leading a touchdown drive.

Harbaugh began his post-game press conference by addressing the issue.

“I want to apologize to the Chiefs if they feel like we were not doing the right thing at the end of the game,” Harbaugh said. “That wasn’t the midset, OK? The mindset was – this is the preseason. If this had been the regular season, we would’ve been on a knee. The idea in that situation is to give those young guys who work hard and who are trying to make a football team – this football team or another football team – to play the whole 60 minutes and give them a chance to show what they can do. Offensive line, running backs, everybody.”

In other words, Harbaugh would rather get his third-string offense some work than spare the feelings of the Chiefs’ players who didn’t want the score run up on them.

“I know that’s debatable, I know there’s a point of view both ways, I understand that,” Harbaugh said. “But I just feel like that was the right thing to do for our players, to give them a chance to play the game out and see what they can do.”

Harbaugh said Haley made it clear to him that he wasn’t happy about it, and Harbaugh made clear that he meant no offense.

“I think he said something like, ‘I don’t know about that,’” Harbaugh said. “I understood, and I just said, ‘Preseason, preseason for the young guys.’ He said ‘OK.’ I’ve got a lot of respect for Todd Haley, and a lot of respect for the Chiefs.”

Haley was involved in a similar incident last season, when he refused to shake the hand of Broncos coach Josh McDaniels after the Broncos blew out the Chiefs. Haley clearly doesn’t like it when opposing teams score a lot of points on his team. Maybe his anger would be better directed at his own defense than at opposing coaches

Black96WS6
09-06-2011, 12:32 PM
And also this as another reminder...wow...how Haley still has a job...just wow...

Report: Haley stripped play-calling duties from Weis
Posted by Mike Florio on January 10, 2011, 12:56 PM EDT
As pointed out (I think) in the first segment of today’s edition of ProFootballTalke Live and then reiterated (I know) in the third segment, the Chiefs’ horrendous offensive performance in the second half of Sunday’s 30-7 wild-card loss to the Ravens suggests that few if any meaningful halftime adjustments were made. Which suggests that the issues that prompted offensive coordinator Charlie Weis to take the same job with a college program potentially prevented Weis and coach Todd Haley from working effectively and cooperatively bubbled up during the 12-minute window between the second and third quarters.

As it turns out, those issues boiled over.

Bob Fescoe of 610 Sports in Kansas City reports that Haley stripped Weis of the play-calling duties during the second half of the game. Which means that the horrendous showing is on the shoulders not of the guy who left the team, but of the guy who’ll still be there.

The news confirms Jason Whitlock’s in-game instincts. After the Chiefs tried to run a sweep on fourth and short early in the second half, Whitlock said via Twitter: “Todd Haley, ladies and gentlemen. He just put his stamp on the game with 4th-down call. And trust me, that was all Haley.”

It was all Haley. For all of the second half.

Moving forward, the Chiefs have a real problem. Haley is believed to be too insecure to welcome a highly competent offensive coordinator. Instead, he’ll want someone over whom he can lord — and on whom he can place blame if things don’t go well.

At some point, it’ll become fair to ask whether G.M. Scott Pioli should be aiming one level higher than offensive coordinator when it comes to the question of filling vacant jobs.

dictionary
09-06-2011, 12:51 PM
And also this as another reminder...wow...how Haley still has a job...just wow...

As pointed out (I think) in the first segment of today’s edition of ProFootballTalke Live and then reiterated (I know) in the third segment, the Chiefs’ horrendous offensive performance in the second half of Sunday’s 30-7 wild-card loss to the Ravens suggests that few if any meaningful halftime adjustments were made. Which suggests that the issues that prompted offensive coordinator Charlie Weis to take the same job with a college program potentially prevented Weis and coach Todd Haley from working effectively and cooperatively bubbled up during the 12-minute window between the second and third quarters.

Bob Fescoe of 610 Sports in Kansas City reports that Haley stripped Weis of the play-calling duties during the second half of the game. Which means that the horrendous showing is on the shoulders not of the guy who left the team, but of the guy who’ll still be there.

The news confirms Jason Whitlock’s in-game instincts. After the Chiefs tried to run a sweep on fourth and short early in the second half, Whitlock said via Twitter: “Todd Haley, ladies and gentlemen. He just put his stamp on the game with 4th-down call. And trust me, that was all Haley.”

Moving forward, the Chiefs have a real problem. Haley is believed to be too insecure to welcome a highly competent offensive coordinator. Instead, he’ll want someone over whom he can lord — and on whom he can place blame if things don’t go well.

At some point, it’ll become fair to ask whether G.M. Scott Pioli should be aiming one level higher than offensive coordinator when it comes to the question of filling vacant jobs.

This just made me smile. Thanks!

bronco militia
09-06-2011, 12:54 PM

Ha!Ha!

awesome

KCStud
09-06-2011, 03:06 PM

Weis was calling terrible plays two games in a row. He deserved to have the playcalling stripped.

KCStud
09-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Cassel to the Mane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4jgnUD5nmg&feature=player_detailpage

DenverBrit
09-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Cassel to the Mane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4jgnUD5nmg&feature=player_detailpage

Elvis to Cassel.

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gP-JvLD8J8Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dictionary
09-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Weis was calling terrible plays two games in a row. He deserved to have the playcalling stripped.

What was Weis doing the rest of the year? Is it more likely that Haley had already taken over play calling by that point since Weis was rumored to leave by that point?

Haley is well known to have some serious control issues, so it would not surprise anyone on this board, boob included, that Haley had his heavy-hand in the inevitable downward spiral at the end of the KC 2010 season.

Word to the Weis...buckle-up. This season is going to be a bumpy ride for KC.

09-06-2011, 06:20 PM
We lost the last game of the regular season, and we lost a playoff game to a clearly superior team.

How is that a downward spiral?

****ing morons.

DENVERDUI55
09-06-2011, 06:24 PM
We lost the last game of the regular season, and we lost a playoff game to a clearly superior team.

****ing morons.

Exactly wheb u faced good teams KC got add handed to them. Sign of mediocre team.

Rolandftw
09-06-2011, 06:30 PM
To be fair, they didn't play too many good teams. Sd x2, Indy and Baltimore.

I'd be more concerned about their depth at certain positions, and the shortened training camp is bound to result in more injuries league wide. Pretty much the same problems the Broncos will be facing.

boltaneer
09-06-2011, 06:32 PM

****ing morons.

Plus, the team looked like crap so far in the pre-season.

And their OC left.

And their first round pick got jacked up by a teammate after pissing off the vets.

And they lost Moeaki and now their starting QB is hurting.

And Haley is still whining to opposing coaches to stop running up the score on them instead of kicking his own team in the ass to do something about it.

It just all depends how you look at it...

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-06-2011, 06:35 PM
http://rlv.zcache.com/golf_coach_hat-p148073235544043907qz14_400.jpg

09-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Trolling the troll....bastards

broncosteven
09-06-2011, 06:48 PM

****ing morons.

41 years of being beaten by clearly superior teams.

dictionary
09-06-2011, 07:10 PM

****ing morons.

Read your first sentence aloud to yourself ad infinitum until it starts to sink in...

brncs_fan
09-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Trolling the troll....bastards

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/79/Album_no_respect.jpg

KCStud
09-06-2011, 10:50 PM
What was Weis doing the rest of the year? Is it more likely that Haley had already taken over play calling by that point since Weis was rumored to leave by that point?

Haley is well known to have some serious control issues, so it would not surprise anyone on this board, boob included, that Haley had his heavy-hand in the inevitable downward spiral at the end of the KC 2010 season.

Word to the Weis...buckle-up. This season is going to be a bumpy ride for KC.

Weis called bad plays all season. Weis constantly called passing plays on 3rd and 1/3rd and 2 plays. The Texans game was the worst. He lost us that game IMO. You don't throw the ball on third and short when you have the #1 rush attack in the damn league.

I still don't see why Weis leaving is going to have such a big effect? He helped out Cassel a lot, but Jim Zorn is no slouch. Flacco was even pissed and lashed at the Ravens brass when they let him go.
We'll see how Cassel does this season. I'm just waiting for my boy AmeriStanzi to play in the next few years. That kid has some talent.

KCStud
09-06-2011, 10:52 PM
Exactly wheb u faced good teams KC got add handed to them. Sign of mediocre team.

No. It was a sign of a young team with hardly any players who had playoff experience going against a built team with a ton of playoff experience.

boltaneer
09-06-2011, 11:41 PM
3rd and 2 is a passing down now. A lot of teams even run on 3rd and 1 so Weiss was not doing anything out of the ordinary.

09-06-2011, 11:50 PM
The loss of Weis is being hugely overstated.

The Chiefs were goddamn 30TH in passing offense.

30TH.

Weis is not a running game guru. His forte is the passing game. And ours sucked.

I admit that he helped Cassel a great deal. There's no reason Zorn can't perform the same work at approximately the same level.

KCStud
09-07-2011, 12:50 AM
3rd and 2 is a passing down now. A lot of teams even run on 3rd and 1 so Weiss was not doing anything out of the ordinary.

That may be, but when you have the best rushing attack in the game, you don't throw the damn ball most of the time. KC was statistically one of the worst teams on 3rd down and that was why.

Bob has a good point too. We were 30th in passing with Weis. We should be better this year.

Rolandftw
09-07-2011, 01:33 AM
Weis called bad plays all season. Weis constantly called passing plays on 3rd and 1/3rd and 2 plays. The Texans game was the worst. He lost us that game IMO. You don't throw the ball on third and short when you have the #1 rush attack in the damn league.

I still don't see why Weis leaving is going to have such a big effect? He helped out Cassel a lot, but Jim Zorn is no slouch. Flacco was even pissed and lashed at the Ravens brass when they let him go.
We'll see how Cassel does this season. I'm just waiting for my boy AmeriStanzi to play in the next few years. That kid has some talent.

You do throw the ball on 3rd and 1 to 2 yards, when you have more success doing so. Kc ran the ball on 3rd and short situations three times in the game and were stuffed every time (one was a 4th and short). They went back to pass on four other occasions and picked up first downs/td other then the last time late in the game.

So, Weis just went with what had worked in the game and tried a pass. Didn't work. Texans got the ball back and drove down the field for the winning score. Can hardly fault Weis for that. Texans had a good run defense, and a piss poor pass defense so again attacking the weakness of the team made sense.

KC lost the game on a bogus PI call, and the fact they couldn't stop a nosebleed.

boltaneer
09-07-2011, 05:33 AM

30TH.

Weis is not a running game guru. His forte is the passing game. And ours sucked.

I admit that he helped Cassel a great deal. There's no reason Zorn can't perform the same work at approximately the same level.

Is Zorn calling the plays in KC now? Just wondering since he's the QB coach, not OC.

I don't think Zorn is a bad QB coach or anything but he was in Seattle for a long time and what has he done other than work with Hasselbeck, who a lot of people credit Holmgren for developing?

Kaylore
09-07-2011, 05:46 AM
Does anyone remember the game when Weis was relieved of his play calling duties at the half and Haley took over and their offense disappeared altogether?
Which game was that? That was funny.

DenverBrit
09-07-2011, 06:22 AM
Does anyone remember the game when Weis was relieved of his play calling duties at the half and Haley took over and their offense disappeared altogether?

Their playoff game against the Ravens. 37-7.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3280952&postcount=112

dictionary
09-07-2011, 06:31 AM

Weis leaving will be a big effect due to consistency. Zorn's role is emasculated again, much in the same way he was with the 'skins. Flacco lashed out because he is smart enough to know that to develop, as a QB quickly and efficiently, Flacco needs consistency--especially from coaches. Zorn is like a quarterback wet nurse. He knows the baseline for everything but if you asked him for long term strategic development he would open and close his mouth like a guppy.

The thing I find most interesting in your flailing comment, is that you are already looking at Stanzi?! Really--Why?!

DENVERDUI55
09-07-2011, 07:08 AM
No. It was a sign of a young team with hardly any players who had playoff experience going against a built team with a ton of playoff experience.

It's simpler than that even though you guys try to rationalize it different. The much better team went on road and beat down a mediocre team. All this playoff experience and bulletin board material cliches mean nothing once ball is snapped.

KCStud
09-07-2011, 08:55 AM
You do throw the ball on 3rd and 1 to 2 yards, when you have more success doing so. Kc ran the ball on 3rd and short situations three times in the game and were stuffed every time (one was a 4th and short). They went back to pass on four other occasions and picked up first downs/td other then the last time late in the game.

So, Weis just went with what had worked in the game and tried a pass. Didn't work. Texans got the ball back and drove down the field for the winning score. Can hardly fault Weis for that. Texans had a good run defense, and a piss poor pass defense so again attacking the weakness of the team made sense.

KC lost the game on a bogus PI call, and the fact they couldn't stop a nosebleed.

Texans had a porous run defense. Teams just threw the ball on them bc they sucked so bad.
Weis called throwing plays on 3rd and short all game long. The Texans knew we were gonna throw it on the Moeaki play and the playcall was just a terrible call in general.
I do agree that a bogus PI call lost us that game, but it never should have come to that.

09-07-2011, 08:57 AM
Is Zorn calling the plays in KC now? Just wondering since he's the QB coach, not OC.

I don't think Zorn is a bad QB coach or anything but he was in Seattle for a long time and what has he done other than work with Hasselbeck, who a lot of people credit Holmgren for developing?

Zorn did a great job with Flacco.

Peoples Champ
09-07-2011, 08:59 AM
it doesnt matter if this guy is tough if your not that good when your healthy. Just ask tough guy Tim Tebow.

KCStud
09-07-2011, 09:17 AM

God you Donkey fans crack me up. Ever think that Haley replaced Weis bc KC had 40 yards passing, multiple punts and was miserable in the first half? Outside of Charles, the offense was ineffective completely. But please continue to tell us how Weis was so important to our offense bc of our 30th ranked passing attack. Hilarious!Ha!

Inkana7
09-07-2011, 09:31 AM

"Now Joe, I'm gonna teach you something that'll keep you in the league for 15 years. When Boldin isn't open, just check it down."

Inkana7
09-07-2011, 09:32 AM
God you Donkey fans crack me up. Ever think that Haley replaced Weis bc KC had 40 yards passing, multiple punts and was miserable in the first half? Outside of Charles, the offense was ineffective completely. But please continue to tell us how Weis was so important to our offense bc of our 30th ranked passing attack. Hilarious!Ha!

Your rebuttal: "Hah! You fools! We sucked just the same in the 1st half!"

KCStud
09-07-2011, 09:38 AM
it doesnt matter if this guy is tough if your not that good when your healthy. Just ask tough guy Tim Tebow.

Tebow can't even secure a back up job in the NFL, no less win 10 games like Cassel has done in two out of his three years starting in the NFL.
Cassel is not elite, but he's nowhere near terrible. He's slightly above average.

DenverBrit
09-07-2011, 09:51 AM

How many points did KC score after Ms Haley took over as OC?

http://tailslide.firelightsoftware.com/images/zero_n_val.jpg

Rolandftw
09-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Texans had a porous run defense. Teams just threw the ball on them bc they sucked so bad.
Weis called throwing plays on 3rd and short all game long. The Texans knew we were gonna throw it on the Moeaki play and the playcall was just a terrible call in general.
I do agree that a bogus PI call lost us that game, but it never should have come to that.

Houston gave up 4.0 yards per carry last season. That was the 11th lowest in the NFL. Guess I don't know where you're getting the idea that they weren't a decent run defense.

Still think it's a copout to blame the coach, when running for it on short plays had backfired all game long--while passing the ball had worked every time. It's just an armchair QB thing. If they ran the ball in that spot, fans would have just said he went against what was working all game long. It's a lose/lose situation.

And the Baltimore game was tough in that Jamaal Charles seemed to get hurt in the 1st half. KC's not like the Raiders that have multiple backs that each can have huge games. For the most part, if Charles didn't bring production KC can't run the ball effectively (Jones really started declining halfway through the season). Made it pretty hard on KC's offense, particularly when Bowe got shut out.

Kaylore
09-07-2011, 10:15 AM

It was awesome to see Haley step in and personally orchestrate a few drives where you guys went backwards. That fourth and 1 when you guys lost five yards was pretty awesome too. You could see Haley's genius at work. Clearly Weis was holding your team back and once he got out of the team's way, they really came to play.

broncosteven
09-07-2011, 11:19 AM
It was awesome to see Haley step in and personally orchestrate a few drives where you guys went backwards. That fourth and 1 when you guys lost five yards was pretty awesome too. You could see Haley's genius at work. Clearly Weis was holding your team back and once he got out of the team's way, they really came to play.

It is hard to call Run Right, Run Left, Gut Dive, Punt, Just ask duh bear head coaching great Neill Armstrong.

Not to be confused with the X-15, Gemini 8 &11, and Apollo 11 1st man on the moon Neil Armstrong.

boltaneer
09-07-2011, 11:32 AM

Not saying that he didn't help him but Flacco was already playing at the level he was at before Zorn got there. And actually there was some disappointment that Flacco didn't step it up more from his previous year.

You still didn't answer my question. Who is calling the plays in KC now?

Peoples Champ
09-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Tebow can't even secure a back up job in the NFL, no less win 10 games like Cassel has done in two out of his three years starting in the NFL.
Cassel is not elite, but he's nowhere near terrible. He's slightly above average.

Cassell was a career backup. He was in college and in the NFL until the Chiefs. He will be a backup again after 2 more seasons including this one.

09-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Not saying that he didn't help him but Flacco was already playing at the level he was at before Zorn got there. And actually there was some disappointment that Flacco didn't step it up more from his previous year.

You still didn't answer my question. Who is calling the plays in KC now?

Bill Muir, but he's basically Haley's puppet.

And Flacco was pissed off that the Ravens let Zorn go.

broncosteven
09-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Bill Muir, but he's basically Haley's puppet.

And Flacco was pissed off that the Ravens let Zorn go.

He just misses Jim Zorns Hip Hip Hooray's!

I wonder if Cassel can still do a Pre and post game Hip Hip Hooray with cracked ribs?

UberBroncoMan
09-07-2011, 01:39 PM
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/matt-cassel-chiefs.jpg

Isn't he dreamy!

boltaneer
09-11-2011, 04:34 PM

30TH.

Teehee.

Agamemnon
09-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Now that McD is no longer a head coach, is there any real question that Haley is the worst head coach in the league?

boltaneer
09-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Now that McD is no longer a head coach, is there any real question that Haley is the worst head coach in the league?

The real question is, did Haley shake Chan Gailey's hand today?

Or did he give another finger wag?

broncosteven
09-11-2011, 06:10 PM
The real question is, did Haley shake Chan Gailey's hand today?

Or did he give another finger wag?

One one knows, everyone had emptied the stadium by then.

Man-Goblin
09-11-2011, 06:14 PM
This thread is so full of win.

Black96WS6
09-11-2011, 06:42 PM
No one knows, everyone had emptied the stadium by then.

And we can't check the DVR because all the stations switched to better games after the half!

LoL

TonyR
09-11-2011, 06:44 PM

I dislike the Chiefs as much as the next guy but let's not get too crazy after one game. Steelers got crushed today too but I don't think anybody's ready to run Tomlin out of town. Weird stuff happens week 1 every season.

09-11-2011, 06:46 PM
What's amazing is that the cracked rib had 0 effect on Cassel today.

He was ****ty as usual.

Black96WS6
09-11-2011, 06:48 PM
I dislike the Chiefs as much as the next guy but let's not get too crazy after one game. Steelers got crushed today too but I don't think anybody's ready to run Tomlin out of town. Weird stuff happens week 1 every season.

Right but the Ravens are and have been for some time, a quality team.

This was THE BILLS!!!

broncocalijohn
09-11-2011, 06:51 PM

Maybe he can take over for the Rams Offensive Coordinator. I hear the Rams OC only had 13 points at home. Probably wants to trade Jackson for a backup QB.

DBroncos4life
09-11-2011, 06:54 PM

What does that have to do with Haley and McD being flat out trash as HC's?

TonyR
09-11-2011, 06:55 PM
What does that have to do with Haley and McD being flat out trash as HC's?

I think I made that pretty clear. I'm not ready to write anybody off after 1 game.

DBroncos4life
09-11-2011, 07:01 PM
I think I made that pretty clear. I'm not ready to write anybody off after 1 game.

So the Steelers losing to a PLAYOFF team is the same as losing to the Bills in your mind?

Tomlin is 43 and 22 as a HC and 5-2 in the post season. Haley is 14-19 and 0-1 in the playoffs. Which one do you really I mean REALLY think they are on the same level???

TonyR
09-11-2011, 07:07 PM
So the Steelers losing to a PLAYOFF team is the same as losing to the Bills in your mind?

Tomlin is 43 and 22 as a HC and 5-2 in the post season. Haley is 14-19 and 0-1 in the playoffs. Which one do you really I mean REALLY think they are on the same level???

Sigh. They're not. I was just pointing out, or trying to, that you can't judge a team by one week. The Chiefs didn't look very good today. The Steelers didn't look very good today. Haley comes across as a pr*ck but he did a decent job with the Chiefs last year. I don't know why anybody is ready to write the guy, or the team, off after one bad game. Silly.

DBroncos4life
09-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Sigh. They're not. I was just pointing out, or trying to, that you can't judge a team by one week. The Chiefs didn't look very good today. The Steelers didn't look very good today. Haley comes across as a pr*ck but he did a decent job with the Chiefs last year. I don't know why anybody is ready to write the guy, or the team, off after one bad game. Silly.

I don't know how you think he is close to a good coach. Also it isn't one week that makes most of us feel this way. I think he will be good as gone after this season.

Rock Chalk
09-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Im not agreeing with Tony here but I think what he is saying is one week doesn't make a season and "upsets" happen all the time in the NFL. Team's have a bad week here and there. We've seen teh Chargeless start off 0-4 and win the god damn division and they lost to some crappy teams in that span.

But, he (Tony) is wrong. The cheaps suck.

DBroncos4life
09-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Im not agreeing with Tony here but I think what he is saying is one week doesn't make a season and "upsets" happen all the time in the NFL. Team's have a bad week here and there. We've seen teh Chargeless start off 0-4 and win the god damn division and they lost to some crappy teams in that span.

I get that but, no one called out any other coach for losing other then Haley.

TonyR
09-11-2011, 07:39 PM

I hope so!

barryr
09-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Losing is one thing, but to lose 41-7 at home in your first game of the season to a team hardly considered great is pretty bad to say the least. But only a devoted Chief fan could believe that team is a real contender anyway. 41 years(soon to be 42) and counting of no Super Bowl and this year will be no different.

maven
09-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Losing is one thing, but to lose 41-7 at home in your first game of the season to a team hardly considered great is pretty bad to say the least.

Usually doesn't get any worse than that as a fan. Been pumped for the season for months upon months. Coming off an AFC West crown. And they **** the bed and proved it was all a fluke. A lot of camaro fans crying in the booze today.

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!