PDA

View Full Version : 9-3 Broncos Cut Thread- UPDATE: Cox, Weber, McCarthy, Jarmon, Anderson among final cuts

Pages : 1 [2]

DBroncos4life
09-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Any retard that can use google would know that Thomas was a sub 4.4 guy.

Boomhauer
09-03-2011, 05:24 PM
He didn't run for scouts last year. I'm going to assume that the rest of your take is based on the same imaginary source you used for that bit of info.

He didn't run at his ProDay or the Combine, but he had plenty of workouts. Most scouts thought he had 4.6 speed, judging by his play on field, but a lone video from his agent of Thomas running a 4.38 brought the scouts in for private workouts.

Any idiot that can use Google would come across that fabricated and unverified 4.38 claim.

rbackfactory80
09-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Hopefully Thomas doesn't=Harris.

misturanderson
09-03-2011, 05:27 PM
He didn't run at his ProDay or the Combine, but he had plenty of workouts. Most scouts thought he had 4.6 speed, judging by his play on field, but a lone video from his agent of Thomas running a 4.38 brought the scouts in for private workouts.

Any idiot that can use Google would come across that 4.38 claim.

I'm sure his 25+ yards per catch average just screamed "slow WR" (not that a 4.5 for a 230 lb. guy is slow anyway).

Old Dude
09-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Gotta agree with the majority of posters on the surprise cuts and retentions. But I wouldn't be surprised to see at least 4 or 5 pickups from the waiver wire, so I don't think we're done yet.

Boomhauer
09-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Wow this is terrible

You really like Hochstein and McBean that much? Please explain why.

Agamemnon
09-03-2011, 05:31 PM

Any idiot that can use Google would come across that fabricated and unverified 4.38 claim.

You are seriously an imbecile. The guy was the consensus #2 WR in the draft primarily due to his combination of speed and size (while being considered a raw prospect due to the offense he played in at GT). Just stop while you are behind...

SonOfLe-loLang
09-03-2011, 05:31 PM

You are completely flat wrong about Thomas. He was incredibly quick, explosive off screens last year and, though it was only one game, Seattle had zero answer for him. He's unfortunately injury prone and a bit soft, but untalented? crazy.

Also, why are people here so deathly afraid Weber will be claimed. Do you feel teams who neglected to draft him will be that impressed by his 1 pass in the preseason?

teknic
09-03-2011, 05:40 PM
teknic - "Did you not see Thomas play like a beast last season? Not fast? He runs a 4.3 40. If he can stay healthy, he looks like a legit #1 receiver."

I've never seen Thomas "play like a beast" whether in college, NFL preseason or last season. All I've seen is a lousy WR with zero quickness, route running ability, moderate speed and suspect hands that might get a shot as a 5th/6th out of potential due to his size and ability to win a jump ball. Right now, Green fills that role.
And Thomas has never been a "4.3" receiver. He ran 4.5s for the scouts pre-draft, looked that fast in college and the NFL. Rumors of 4.3 speed came from his agent and have never been witnessed in tryouts or games.
Guy's a scrub that most any team wouldn't consider until the 4th round or later and been cut by now.

Hilarious!

Casper Bronco
09-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Should have kept these guys on the 53-man, and expected these to be cut/moved to the P-Squad. Two I'm not shocked were cut, but thought they had a shot are; L.Robinson has been the #2 SLB and D.Gronkowski as the 3rdTE and 2ndFB.
A few guys that should be cut/replaced before the season starts are;
OL - Taylor is bad and Hochstein completely sucks az. Ramirez isn't good, but it seems they want him as the backup OC/OG.
RB - I don't know what anyone sees in Ball except a blocker on kickoffs, a position now irrelevant. He has zero quickness, power or speed.
WR - Thomas has never been quick, fast or even a moderate WR (no idea how he was drafted first day), yet he's on the roster because Xanders thinks he's showing great burst now that he's had an achilles rupture? Are you F'n kidding me? PUP him and mid-season the Broncos can decide then if they need a 5th/6th WR or cut him.

DL - McBean is the DL version of Hochstein
LB - Haggan has never been more than a sub-average backup and SP-Ts player, yet it looks like he beat out Robinson for the #2 SLB spot -- unless Mohamed locked that down and Haggan is 3rd/SP-Ts where he belongs. Either way, we'd be better getting a rook to develop in that role than keep wasting time on Haggan.
S - McBath has never been any good and I'd assume he's just holding a spot until tomorrow when a FS that actually knows how to cover is brought in.

Your posts make me vomit.

baja
09-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Should have kept these guys on the 53-man, and expected these to be cut/moved to the P-Squad. Two I'm not shocked were cut, but thought they had a shot are; L.Robinson has been the #2 SLB and D.Gronkowski as the 3rdTE and 2ndFB.
A few guys that should be cut/replaced before the season starts are;
OL - Taylor is bad and Hochstein completely sucks az. Ramirez isn't good, but it seems they want him as the backup OC/OG.
RB - I don't know what anyone sees in Ball except a blocker on kickoffs, a position now irrelevant. He has zero quickness, power or speed.
WR - Thomas has never been quick, fast or even a moderate WR (no idea how he was drafted first day), yet he's on the roster because Xanders thinks he's showing great burst now that he's had an achilles rupture? Are you F'n kidding me? PUP him and mid-season the Broncos can decide then if they need a 5th/6th WR or cut him.

DL - McBean is the DL version of Hochstein
LB - Haggan has never been more than a sub-average backup and SP-Ts player, yet it looks like he beat out Robinson for the #2 SLB spot -- unless Mohamed locked that down and Haggan is 3rd/SP-Ts where he belongs. Either way, we'd be better getting a rook to develop in that role than keep wasting time on Haggan.
S - McBath has never been any good and I'd assume he's just holding a spot until tomorrow when a FS that actually knows how to cover is brought in.

This post has been quoted 9 times (now 10) Congratulations the unanimous decision is you are an idiot.

uplink
09-03-2011, 06:26 PM

I didn't know he was a sub 4.4 guy + I can use google. I guess that means I can't be a retard.

uplink
09-03-2011, 06:29 PM
I think Eron Riley will find a home, elsewhere. Unfortunately for him, WR is one of our strong points...

Teams will be especially looking at broncos WR cuts/waves since its a strong unit.

rbackfactory80
09-03-2011, 06:30 PM
What the hell does it matter if he ran a 4.3 or 3.9 if he can't get on the field?

You guys know the saying "don't count your chickens before they hatch"?

In football there is a different one. Don't count your receivers before they catch.

Hulamau
09-03-2011, 07:14 PM
Riley will be on the PS

Hulamau
09-03-2011, 07:18 PM

Its posts like these that make me SOOOO glad guys like you have zero decision making power for the Broncos ..

GreatBronco16
09-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Its posts like these that make me SOOOO glad guys like you have zero decision making power for the Broncos ..

LOL, I'm SOOOOOO glad that everybody on this board has zero decision making power for the Broncos.

Non of us work for them for a reason.

Mogulseeker
09-03-2011, 07:58 PM
McBean wont make it past the first round of waivers for the Broncos.... I doubt that reserve corner we kept does either.

McCarthy will be picked up by someone else. Weber will end up on the practice squad.

Mogulseeker
09-03-2011, 08:06 PM
Who's Unrein, and what has he done?

gyldenlove
09-03-2011, 08:22 PM
LOL, I'm SOOOOOO glad that everybody on this board has zero decision making power for the Broncos.

Non of us work for them for a reason.

That is what people said about McD and I can name a dozen folks on here who would have made better decisions than that clown.

gyldenlove
09-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Who's Unrein, and what has he done?

He owns the largest collection of incriminating photos of John Elway in existence.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
09-03-2011, 08:42 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d821f0e73/article/bills-hand-veteran-center-hangartner-a-surprise-pink-slip

The lack of experienced depth along the Buffalo Bills (http://www.nfl.com/teams/buffalobills/profile?team=BUF)' offensive line grew even thinner after veteran center Geoff Hangartner (http://www.nfl.com/players/geoffhangartner/profile?id=HAN148149) was among the team's cuts in establishing its 53-player roster Saturday.
Hangartner was among 22 players released, four days after telling The Associated Press he had assurances from the Bills' coaching staff that he would make the team. He's a six-year NFL veteran who had lost his starting job at center to Eric Wood (http://www.nfl.com/players/ericwood/profile?id=WOO033999) this offseason.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d821efa96/article/cowboys-part-with-dl-olshansky-fb-gronkowski-two-kickers

"Things are up in the air," he said. "I don't know what is going to happen or what the best opportunity is going to be for me. But something will work out."
The move also saves Dallas more than $3.3 million against the salary cap.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d821f2dbe/article/seahawks-get-to-53-but-might-not-be-done-making-moves
The Seattle Seahawks (http://www.nfl.com/teams/seattleseahawks/profile?team=SEA) released veteran defensive tackle Colin Cole (http://www.nfl.com/players/colincole/profile?id=COL089722)

Seems to be players that were cut because of things other than plays on the field.

BroncoBuff
09-03-2011, 08:48 PM

I think you're right on the speed, but Pessimist Prime does have that wiry, evasive talent. Kind of like Darius Watts actually.

DENVERDUI55
09-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Typical transaction for us........bust for us then a starting corner w/ lots of INTs for someone else. In the end it works out bad for us, good for the Lions..............

He's horrible there too. Gives up ton of tds. Int s aren't hood indication of player.

HAT
09-03-2011, 10:45 PM
That is what people said about McD and I can name a dozen folks on here who would have made better decisions than that clown.

No....You couldn't name one. If they could, they would. Simple as that.

teknic
09-04-2011, 12:18 AM

I don't know if I'm going out on a limb here, but I wouldn't have traded Cutler before even seeing him practice.???:kiddingme

SPORTSWRITER
09-04-2011, 01:41 AM
Another McD player bites the dust............we trade a bust of a second round pick for a player to be cut one year later.... As each day goes by it becomes more and more apparent how much damage the little arsehole has done to this organization......... :unamused: :crazy:

AMEN Brother!! I could not agree more!! Another year of McD.A. and we'd have been toast for the next decade!

Agamemnon
09-04-2011, 04:02 AM

Not working in the NFL doesn't necessarily mean a person couldn't or wouldn't be good at it (just as actually having a job in the NFL doesn't mean you won't suck). Obviously most the people on this board wouldn't be good at it, but the logic you are using is fallacious in the extreme.

DrFate
09-04-2011, 06:11 AM
Not working in the NFL doesn't necessarily mean a person couldn't or wouldn't be good at it (just as actually having a job in the NFL doesn't mean you won't suck). Obviously most the people on this board wouldn't be good at it, but the logic you are using is fallacious in the extreme.

^ this

Simply getting hired in the NFL doesn't magically grant that individual prescience. I would think anyone who watched McDaniels the last two years would find this obvious.

Dedhed
09-04-2011, 06:58 AM
No....You couldn't name one. If they could, they would. Simple as that.Not at all true. I wouldn't want to be a part of the decision making on an NFL team. Way too much time commitment.

bendog
09-04-2011, 07:31 AM
I'm not sure DT was the consensus no. 2, but given the WR class that year, even that isn't an endorsement of Mcidiot's drafting. He took the two guys with injuries.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2010_WR

SonOfLe-loLang
09-04-2011, 08:21 AM

I definitely don't want to make this a huge argument, but to suggest that decision makers are always the most qualified is wrong. Often times these people were in the right place at the right time years ago and have failed upwards. It's not nearly as cut and dry as, say, athletic ability is.

HAT
09-04-2011, 08:28 AM
Not working in the NFL doesn't necessarily mean a person couldn't or wouldn't be good at it

Yes, it actually does.

We've been down this road before....Those that can, do.

Let me know when you get your big break and work your way up ok princess?

HAT
09-04-2011, 08:30 AM
^ this

Simply getting hired in the NFL doesn't magically grant that individual prescience.

This, I agree with.

Smilin Assassin
09-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Deadline for waiver claims was 12:00 est.

Should find out what we got out of the grab bag any minute now, yes?

BroncoBuff
09-04-2011, 09:37 AM
We have the #2 priority for waiver claims, right?

elsid13
09-04-2011, 09:38 AM
We have the #2 priority for waiver claims, right?

yes

gyldenlove
09-04-2011, 09:39 AM

No. It is a baseless and frankly inane assumption that the best people for the job hold it, the Broncos are no better than anyone else in that regard.

I know a lot of people here who would never consider putting in the time necesary to get a foot inside the door, the NFL is not a magical organization that can spot talent from a mile away, on the contrary there is a very rigid and traditional process of people going through volunteer assistantships at the college level, becoming position coaches or assistants, then moving up either to college head coaching or NFL assistant positions before being promoted to head coach positions. For front office personel the route is typically through volunteer coaching, quality assessment and scouting positions at the college or high school level, and low paying entry level jobs.

You don't get hired just because you are good, you get hired because you have a resume similar to all the other people in the same position - I hope this helps clear up your obvious delusion that the NFL is somehow run by the best qualified.

Dedhed
09-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Yes, it actually does.

We've been down this road before....Those that can, do.

Let me know when you get your big break and work your way up ok princess?
Are you really naive enough to believe this?

Old Dude
09-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Deadline for waiver claims was 12:00 est.

Should find out what we got out of the grab bag any minute now, yes?

Shouldn't be long now, but I haven't seen anything out of anyone yet. I'm guessing the top priority is to notify anyone they cut to make room.

HAT
09-04-2011, 09:45 AM
I definitely don't want to make this a huge argument, but to suggest that decision makers are always the most qualified is wrong. Often times these people were in the right place at the right time years ago and have failed upwards. It's not nearly as cut and dry as, say, athletic ability is.

I wasn't suggesting that at all. Without a doubt, there are unqualified people in every industry.

I'm simply saying I could read webMD until my eyeballs bled and I'd still be 1000x times more unqualified than the most incompetent Dr.

BroncoBuff
09-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Bears signed Meriweather, Patriots signed Brian Waters.

HAT
09-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Are you really naive enough to believe this?

100%.

Apparently you agree with me. LOL

Exactly. There are always going to be questions about what an organization does, and it's laughable to think that anyone on this board is in a better position to determine what to do than the people who actually have the information and experience to make those decisions.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2577471&postcount=46

Oopsie.

ICON
09-04-2011, 09:53 AM
Shocker: I'm told the Panthers have waived DE Everette Brown.

http://twitter.com/caplannfl/statuses/110385202039242752

Brown was the Panthers 2nd round pick in the 2009 draft but they traded a 2010 first round pick to the 49ers in order to grab him.

In 2 seasons with the Panthers he started only 3 games and recorded 6 combined sacks.

HAT
09-04-2011, 09:59 AM
No. It is a baseless and frankly inane assumption that the best people for the job hold it, the Broncos are no better than anyone else in that regard.

I know a lot of people here who would never consider putting in the time necesary to get a foot inside the door, the NFL is not a magical organization that can spot talent from a mile away, on the contrary there is a very rigid and traditional process of people going through volunteer assistantships at the college level, becoming position coaches or assistants, then moving up either to college head coaching or NFL assistant positions before being promoted to head coach positions. For front office personel the route is typically through volunteer coaching, quality assessment and scouting positions at the college or high school level, and low paying entry level jobs.

You don't get hired just because you are good, you get hired because you have a resume similar to all the other people in the same position - I hope this helps clear up your obvious delusion that the NFL is somehow run by the best qualified.

I agree with every single thing in your post.

Re: The bolded part.....They wouldn't consider it because they CANT do it.

Dedhed
09-04-2011, 10:36 AM
100%.

Apparently you agree with me. LOL

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2577471&postcount=46

Oopsie.

Those are not parallels at all. The fact that you think they are speaks volumes.

PRBronco
09-04-2011, 10:39 AM
http://twitter.com/caplannfl/statuses/110385202039242752

Brown was the Panthers 2nd round pick in the 2009 draft but they traded a 2010 first round pick to the 49ers in order to grab him.

In 2 seasons with the Panthers he started only 3 games and recorded 6 combined sacks.

Aaron Maybin, Jarvis Moss and Vernon Gholston think he sounds like a stud.

FrankieTwoThumbs
09-04-2011, 11:16 AM

So your saying the most experienced and those most successful within that experience get the jobs... as opposed to the most "talented"? Sounds right to me. Untapped talent and potential are words many losers carry like a blanket, while the "untalented" hard worker keeps actually accomplishing things in real life. Anyways, even if you prove that many in the NFL are incompetent, you still have to prove that the outsiders are more competent under the same conditions. Someone can suck and still be the best choice if everyone else sucks worse.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-04-2011, 11:19 AM
I wasn't suggesting that at all. Without a doubt, there are unqualified people in every industry.

I'm simply saying I could read webMD until my eyeballs bled and I'd still be 1000x times more unqualified than the most incompetent Dr.

Right, but medical decisions (hopefully) aren't based on luck. Obviously you need some kind of scouting, decision making skill in football, but since there is so much unknown behind every single decision, luck majorly comes into play. I work in an industry (tv/film) that is similar in the sense that tons of people THINK they know what they are doing, but guessing public opinion and predicting the zeitgeist is mostly luck. If these guys were really that smart, every movie would make money. And, trust me, I know a lot of them got where they are by getting lucky to be hired years ago and showing up everyday and doing their work. Its not that they are more talented than other people, they just got lucky enough to get a chance and didnt completely **** up their opportunity.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-04-2011, 11:21 AM
I agree with every single thing in your post.

Re: The bolded part.....They wouldn't consider it because they CANT do it.

I think a lot of people would do it if they 1) knew someone in the industry (after all, 85 percent of getting those jobs is who know you) and 2) had any idea of the path that would lead to a job like that. I've long thought, perhaps im being naive, that if you gave me the Yankee's manager job, the results wouldnt be all that different.

enjolras
09-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Carolina claimed Josh Thomas.. I was hoping we'd pick him up.

broncosteven
09-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Cut List Finalized:

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Say hello to your 2011 Denver Broncos.

The team on Saturday waived or released 24 players and placed three others on injured reserve in order to trim the roster to the regular-season total of 53 players.

Below is a rundown of the transactions:
WR David Anderson released
DE Jeremy Beal waived
CB Brandon Bing waived
LB Alvin Bowen waived
DT Ronnell Brown waived
G Jeff Byers waived
CB Perrish Cox waived
G Stanley Daniels waived
WR Britt Davis waived
WR D'Andre Goodwin waived
T Adam Grant waived
TE Dan Gronkowski waived
K Steven Hauschka waived
DT Jeremy Jarmon waived
RB Jeremiah Johnson waived
S Kyle McCarthy waived
G Eric Olsen waived
WR Greg Orton waived
DT DeMario Pressley waived
WR Eron Riley waived
LB Lee Robinson waived
TE Dante Rosario released
RB Austin Sylvester waived
QB Adam Weber waived

In addition, WR Jamel Hamler, RB Brandon Minor and CB Syd'Quan Thompson were placed on injured reserve.

Looks like I have to find a new Adopt a Bronco.

Dedhed
09-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Looks like I have to find a new Adopt a Bronco.
Did you really think he was going to stick after seeing him last year?

broncosteven
09-04-2011, 12:25 PM
In my opinion, with Denver cutting Eron Riley, Anderson and Britt, Denver is going to go alot of 2 TE sets and a power running game. No way we are going to be a pass happy team with only 4 WR's on the squad...... Unless we do the unheard of and start throwing the ball to our TE's, Something that has not happened in a number of years.

I do not understand all the hate for Mohamed, Guy was our leading tackler vs Arizona, last I saw in the early 4th qtr he has 10.5 total tackles.

I would not doubt seeing a bunch of 2 TE sets, maybe more as protection for Orton rather than 1st choice receiving options.

I bet we go big on 1st and 3rd down alot and have TE's doing a lot of chipping and giving Orton a dump off option.

The one good think KM has shown is that he can pick up a blitz so having a TE who can chip then get open on 3rd and short could be huge for Orton.

broncosteven
09-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Did you really think he was going to stick after seeing him last year?

I think my judgement was clouded by the one play he had vs Dallas. It is hard to see CB and WR play on TV but he seemed to get to the ball and make a play on the carrier.

Doggcow
09-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Weren't a lot of people high on Beal too?