PDA

View Full Version : Champ: "I feel good because Kyle Orton is our QB."

UberBroncoMan
09-02-2011, 03:32 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Broncos-at-Cardinals-Sounds/fd5073e2-66ec-4a9e-8aeb-13b701ca149e#?id=fd5073e2-66ec-4a9e-8aeb-13b701ca149e

Go to 1:08.

He goes on to say that Kyle is as good as they come, doesn't get the respect he deserves and that he'll earn that respect this year one way or another.

jhns
09-02-2011, 03:34 PM
Champ is a great team player that always says this kind of thing about any player he is asked about. This is why everyone loves him, other than him being the best CB in the game.

He also said Slowik and Wink were great coordinators. In other words, I wouldn't put much into what he says.

bronclvr
09-02-2011, 03:35 PM
I love Champ, and I think he has a future in Politics when he retires-

Jay3
09-02-2011, 03:38 PM
I think the players feel the shadow of Tebow, and feel a need to go out of their way to support Kyle, because they know the Orton boo-birds will be out early because of Tebow.

DomCasual
09-02-2011, 03:42 PM
I didn't realize Champ's facial hair was so big.

That One Guy
09-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Champ is a great team player that always says this kind of thing about any player he is asked about. This is why everyone loves him, other than him being the best CB in the game.

He also said Slowik and Wink were great coordinators. In other words, I wouldn't put much into what he says.

Don't you think we went through enough D coordinators with similar results to realize the common denominator? We all knock Shanny for his inability to get defensive talent but then blame the guys given muck because they couldn't put together a meal with it?

Archer81
09-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Fastforward to August 2012...

"I feel good because Tim Tebow is our QB"...

:Broncos:

24champ
09-02-2011, 03:48 PM

He's waging a Jihad on opposing QB's...

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/4c/fullj.fb0f4b1c3fcd1155f691a458405f2e25/fb0f4b1c3fcd1155f691a458405f2e25-getty-123342923.jpg

jhns
09-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Don't you think we went through enough D coordinators with similar results to realize the common denominator? We all knock Shanny for his inability to get defensive talent but then blame the guys given muck because they couldn't put together a meal with it?

Nolan proved this theory wrong with his top 10 defense that was right between the two worst defenses in franchise history. I think we lacked talent, but we also lacked good defensive coaching.

That One Guy
09-02-2011, 03:57 PM
Nolan proved this theory wrong with his top 10 defense that was right between the two worst defenses in franchise history. I think we lacked talent, but we also lacked good defensive coaching.

The first 6 games of that season told you that much?

'Cause, see, when I think of that year, I just think of the collapse.

Agamemnon
09-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Guess Champ has a career in comedy waiting for him when he retires from football.

Orton is as good as they come. Oh that's rich. Hilarious!

Cito Pelon
09-02-2011, 04:15 PM

Dude could grow a beard longer than a Mormon, as we say.

Blart
09-02-2011, 04:19 PM
What do players and coaches and training staff and scouts know about football?

I read Woody Paige articles, clearly Tim Tebow is the best!

TDmvp
09-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Champ is starting to get up there in years.
Much like when Baja post here you have to add that to the equation.
I love me some Champ , but we better start watching him , he may be slipping.
:)

Agamemnon
09-02-2011, 04:26 PM

Oh that's cute. You actually think Champ honestly believes Orton is as good as they come. Ha!

TailgateNut
09-02-2011, 04:28 PM
Oh that's cute. You actually think Champ honestly believes Orton is as good as they come. Ha!

No, he just said that to fool everyone, 'cause in earnest he thinks like you, MacGruder and Jhizz, that Tebow is to football as bread is to a sandwich.:spit:

OABB
09-02-2011, 04:37 PM

champ was talking about practice...he feels good practicing catching interceptions.

Goobzilla
09-02-2011, 04:42 PM
What else do you expect a team leader to say?

Dr. Broncenstein
09-02-2011, 04:43 PM
"I don't, for the exact same reason."

Doc B.

Agamemnon
09-02-2011, 04:44 PM

"I don't know about that Orton guy. He's a bit of a bitch to be honest." :thumbsup:

Dedhed
09-02-2011, 04:45 PM

Champ has a quote every year where he supports whoever he is asked about.

That One Guy
09-02-2011, 04:46 PM
No, he just said that to fool everyone, 'cause in earnest he thinks like you, MacGruder and Jhizz, that Tebow is to football as bread is to a sandwich.:spit:

I think Agamemnon and MacGruder are the same person.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-02-2011, 04:49 PM
"If we don't win with this guy … I mean, he's doing everything possible to get us ready," Bailey said. "I give this coach credit. I've learned so much from this guy and I'm in my 13th year. We know we are going to be a prepared football team the way he coaches us to be smart, tough, physical, and [McDaniels] knows everything about different game situations"

-- Champ Bailey on Josh McDaniels, Aug 2010.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/columns/story?columnist=mortensen_chris&id=5453473

Agamemnon
09-02-2011, 04:50 PM

I think you're a hydrocephalic midget with a small penis. We all think many things. Some more likely than others...

Agamemnon
09-02-2011, 04:51 PM
"If we don't win with this guy … I mean, he's doing everything possible to get us ready," Bailey said. "I give this coach credit. I've learned so much from this guy and I'm in my 13th year. We know we are going to be a prepared football team the way he coaches us to be smart, tough, physical, and [McDaniels] knows everything about different game situations"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/columns/story?columnist=mortensen_chris&id=5453473

You win this thread. Hilarious!

Sir_Robin
09-02-2011, 04:58 PM

Matt Millen appreciates your support.

Mountain Bronco
09-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Champ, the ultimate motivator. Gotta love him.

Blart
09-02-2011, 05:01 PM

I believe Orton has convinced the locker room he's the best QB. I don't see any players giving this kind of support to Tebow, even when he was our supposed starter.

24champ
09-02-2011, 05:02 PM
I believe Orton has convinced the locker room he's the best QB. I don't see any players giving this kind of support to Tebow, even when he was our supposed starter.

This.

Tebow's time will come, just not now.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-02-2011, 05:06 PM
"To tell the truth, I think this is a year too late," Bailey said Wednesday at the Pro Bowl. "Nothing against (Jim) Bates, but Slowik is the right fit for this defense."

-- Champ Bailey on Bob Slowik, Feb 2008.

Read more: Bailey: Slowik's promotion right fit - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_8189969#ixzz1Wq5zDSJs
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Cito Pelon
09-02-2011, 05:07 PM

Agamemnon posts a lot where Rev does not. Hmmmmmm. . . . . .

Dr. Broncenstein
09-02-2011, 05:12 PM
"We really feel good that Orton is their quarterback, because he requires no special game planning to defend against him."

-- Any team that is scheduled to play the Broncos in 2011.

Dedhed
09-02-2011, 05:14 PM

You weren't paying attention at the end of the season last year.

Dedhed
09-02-2011, 05:15 PM
"To tell the truth, I think this is a year too late," Bailey said Wednesday at the Pro Bowl. "Nothing against (Jim) Bates, but Slowik is the right fit for this defense."

-- Champ Bailey on Bob Slowik, Feb 2008.

Read more: Bailey: Slowik's promotion right fit - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_8189969#ixzz1Wq5zDSJs
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

[Shudder]

Play2win
09-02-2011, 05:20 PM
I would love Orton to have a Tom Brady like season (yeah, that really good one he had a few years ago). I'll be rooting for him to have a season like that.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-02-2011, 05:24 PM
"Champ Bailey says a bunch of stupid shiat in an attempt to be supportive of the current regime and teammates. There is no way he truly believed the stuff that he said about people like Slowik, McDaniels, and Orton. That, or he is dumber than a bag of hammers. I do not believe he is the least bit dumb."

-- Doc B, Sept 2011.

OABB
09-02-2011, 05:24 PM
I would love Orton to have a Tom Brady like season (yeah, that really good one he had a few years ago). I'll be rooting for him to have a season like that.

can you pray for world peace too since youll be wasting your time anyways?

Popps
09-02-2011, 05:28 PM
After watching the preseason, I can't imagine anyone honestly believes that any NFL coach (who cares about his job) would be starting any other QB that Orton for us right now.

I love Tebow. I don't really care about Quinn. But, this has sort of been a no-brainer since camp opened. Orton is the guy you start right now.

Hogan11
09-02-2011, 05:37 PM
This.

Tebow's time will come, just not now.

and probably not here....and given how some people are just unbearably over the top about him, that's totally fine with me.

OABB
09-02-2011, 05:39 PM
After watching the preseason, I can't imagine anyone honestly believes that any NFL coach (who cares about his job) would be starting any other QB that Orton for us right now.

I love Tebow. I don't really care about Quinn. But, this has sort of been a no-brainer since camp opened. Orton is the guy you start right now.

good point. unless you actually wanted to start the guy who had the better stats while playing with worse talent and also the guy who scored more points last year...

otherwise...total no brainer.

Goobzilla
09-02-2011, 05:49 PM
"I really think New Coke is the taste us young people are looking for"
Champ Bailey Age 7

UberBroncoMan
09-02-2011, 06:05 PM
"I really think New Coke is the taste us young people are looking for"
Champ Bailey Age 7

The quotes in this thread have made this pretty win.

Powderaddict
09-02-2011, 06:08 PM

Dammit

rbackfactory80
09-02-2011, 06:20 PM
They should drug test Champ. Only a totally waste-case would claim Kyle is as good as it gets.

strafen
09-02-2011, 06:20 PM

I love Tebow. I don't really care about Quinn. But, this has sort of been a no-brainer since camp opened. Orton is the guy you start right now.I truly believe Orton should be named the NFL pre-season MVP.
The guy can tear it up in pre-season, he's also a phenom in practice.

This was not a fluke, folks. He does it every year!

Pre-season superstar, Kyle "mother****in'" Orton!!!
Nuff, said!

Eldorado
09-02-2011, 06:23 PM
The Orton hate on here has reached full blown retard levels.

Dukes
09-02-2011, 06:24 PM
I truly believe Orton should be named the NFL pre-season MVP.

Nuff, said!

Only when he's not making left handed passes against Seattle

Eldorado
09-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Nuff, said!

ROFL!! You might as well tatoo 'I ride the short bus.' to your forhead saying **** like that.

strafen
09-02-2011, 06:27 PM

'ppreciate that!

OABB
09-02-2011, 07:18 PM

not as retarded as the Orton love.

houghtam
09-02-2011, 07:27 PM
and probably not here....and given how some people are just unbearably over the top about him, that's totally fine with me.

Yessir.

I want the Broncos to win just like everyone else, and it would be great if Tebow could be a part of that. However, if he moves on, I would really love to see how many Tebow-first fans emigrate from Broncos fan-hood.

Or will we get the same thing we got with the jilted Cutler nut huggers?

Time will tell.

Mogulseeker
09-02-2011, 07:30 PM

I thought Wink was a good LB coach and Slowik was a good DB coach.

gunns
09-02-2011, 07:41 PM
ROFL!! You might as well tatoo 'I ride the short bus.' to your forhead saying **** like that.

No need. We know

Aftermath
09-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Champ is such a class act. I wish more pro athletes could be like him.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Champ is such a class act. I wish more pro athletes could be like him.

When you say "like him" are you referring to his superhuman / once-in-a-decade talent, or his ability to publicly proclaim the exact opposite of the truth without laughing.

oubronco
09-02-2011, 08:01 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WtdXDEP9fck/TMYAiqxol5I/AAAAAAAABng/g7SEULKqC2o/s1600/KO.jpg

go_broncos
09-02-2011, 08:27 PM
Champ should retire and try in politics.

strafen
09-02-2011, 08:29 PM
No need. We know

Who are "we"?

strafen
09-02-2011, 08:31 PM
ROFL!! You might as well tatoo 'I ride the short bus.' to your forhead saying **** like that.I think it'll look better across your butt-cheeks :thumbsup::welcome:

Popps
09-02-2011, 08:33 PM

Believe me when I tell you... there is absolutely nothing in the realm, or even fantastical real of possibility that Orton can do to win over this board. The best of performance will be met with skepticism that it can continue... and any achievement will be credited elsewhere. People have invested themselves too heavily in back-ups and past players.

But, I'm with you... in an extreme minority here that is pulling for the guy and actually believes he's got a shot to do some good things with the right pieces in place around him.

Go Broncos.

Finger Roll
09-02-2011, 08:43 PM
A lot of bad Qb's play great in the Pre season. The other team doesn't game plan around their lack of talent and not much pressure. I believe game 1 he'll play like poop again.

Jesterhole
09-02-2011, 09:06 PM
You can't blame Champ. I don't doubt he supports starting Orton over Tebow. What vet towards the end of their career wouldn't want a more established guy in there, rather than let a young guy learn the ropes?

Of course, in terms of the Broncos and the future, starting Tebow is clearly the better choice.

Taco John
09-02-2011, 11:18 PM
Believe me when I tell you... there is absolutely nothing in the realm, or even fantastical real of possibility that Orton can do to win over this board. The best of performance will be met with skepticism that it can continue... and any achievement will be credited elsewhere. People have invested themselves too heavily in back-ups and past players.

But, I'm with you... in an extreme minority here that is pulling for the guy and actually believes he's got a shot to do some good things with the right pieces in place around him.

Go Broncos.

Seriously though - you believed that McDaniels was going to do special things for us. Now you're telling us that Orton has a shot to do some good things? What kind of good things? Go 8-8?

OABB
09-02-2011, 11:24 PM

Go Broncos.

not true. if he became a good qb wed root for him.

Bob's your Information Minister
09-02-2011, 11:43 PM
http://carlwatkins.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/feels-good-man-frog.png

Popps
09-02-2011, 11:44 PM
Seriously though - you believed that McDaniels was going to do special things for us. Now you're telling us that Orton has a shot to do some good things? What kind of good things? Go 8-8?

Hey, McDaniels drafted the guy everyone is ass-hurt over right now.

Sure, I was optimistic about McDaniels like many other people. Never guaranteed anything "special" though. I also like the Fox hiring. I also liked Shanahan.

Btw, 8-8 would be a massive improvement for this team. If you're expecting much more than that, you may want to have a closer look at the roster.

Taco John
09-02-2011, 11:49 PM

Sure, I was optimistic about McDaniels like many other people. Never guaranteed anything "special" though. I also like the Fox hiring. I also liked Shanahan.

Btw, 8-8 would be a massive improvement for this team. If you're expecting much more than that, you may want to have a closer look at the roster.

8-8 is the ceiling I think. I'd be pretty excited about doubling our win production from last season.

strafen
09-02-2011, 11:50 PM

You're one one of the best I've seen at hedging your posts.
I guess years of being wrong made you cove your ass better.
Hi popps! long time, man. Welcome back! ^5 :wave:

Popps
09-03-2011, 12:15 AM
8-8 is the ceiling I think. I'd be pretty excited about doubling our win production from last season.

Couldn't agree more. Only way to go is up. Hoping for playoffs, but will also be happy with the reality of something less than that.

Taco John
09-03-2011, 01:12 AM
Couldn't agree more. Only way to go is up. Hoping for playoffs, but will also be happy with the reality of something less than that.

I'm going to be very forgiving whatever happens this season, I think - though I'm certain that all of our patience is going to be tested at times. We're looking at a 5 year rebuild as far as I can tell, and our quarterback situation is so messed up right now it hurts my head to think about for too long.

Archer81
09-03-2011, 01:33 AM
I'm going to be very forgiving whatever happens this season, I think - though I'm certain that all of our patience is going to be tested at times. We're looking at a 3 year rebuild as far as I can tell, and our quarterback situation is so messed up right now it hurts my head to think about for too long.

5 year rebuilds are too reminiscent of other organization's "five year plans"...

:Broncos:

go_broncos
09-03-2011, 04:37 AM

You are the one who defended every move Mcd made.I said this many time..you don't have individual opinion.you just keep defending whatever the broncos coach does.

BabyTO
09-03-2011, 04:55 AM
He goes on to say that Kyle is as good as they come
Hilarious!

outplayed, outproduced by a rookie QB that shouldnt be playing QB according to some Hilarious!

imagine peyton manning getting outpalyed by orlovski ROFL!

theres a reason why we tried hard to get rid of orton, a reason why we dont offer him a long term deal, a reason why we drafted tebow. and its certainly not because orton is "as good as they come". or just good period. he flat out sucks, he's a loser

Kaylore
09-03-2011, 07:55 AM
not true. if he became a good qb wed root for him.

That's so lame. "I won't root for you to play well until you do!"

Denver has some really crappy fans.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-03-2011, 08:07 AM

You know he didn't have to say anything at all, right? You do realize that, correct?

OABB
09-03-2011, 08:07 AM

its not that. I rooted for orton hugely. I hated cutler and loved orton. you should reaearch people before you talk.

its actually "i wont root for you to play well because its a waste of time and you were outperformed by a project rookie who by you being delusional as to your worth, is stuck on the bench.!"

Agamemnon
09-03-2011, 08:08 AM

Are we supposed to be happy with a mediocre journeyman at QB? Are we supposed to embrace him as our guy when he clearly is never going to get us anywhere? I'm not sure I follow.

We're all rooting for the Broncos. But most of us have a list of players we really wish weren't on the team (or at least not starting). That doesn't make a person a bad fan.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-03-2011, 08:09 AM
I truly believe Orton should be named the NFL pre-season MVP.

Nuff, said!

Um, actually, no. He didn't look good AT ALL the last two years in preseason. Keep throwing **** against the wall though, retard. Some will stick one of these days.

Agamemnon
09-03-2011, 08:10 AM
You know he didn't have to say anything at all, right? You do realize that, correct?

You do realize he didn't actually say anything right? Just typical Champ-speak...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-03-2011, 08:14 AM
You do realize he didn't actually say anything right? Just typical Champ-speak...

And if he'd said this about Tebow you'd have to change your shorts.

Agamemnon
09-03-2011, 08:21 AM
And if he'd said this about Tebow you'd have to change your shorts.

He has said lots of good things about Tebow. He also praised McD and Martindale. The guys says nice **** about everybody. It's meaningless...

alkemical
09-03-2011, 08:29 AM
He's waging a Jihad on opposing QB's...

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/4c/fullj.fb0f4b1c3fcd1155f691a458405f2e25/fb0f4b1c3fcd1155f691a458405f2e25-getty-123342923.jpg

is he sporting a neckbeard?

dizz
09-03-2011, 08:56 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Broncos-at-Cardinals-Sounds/fd5073e2-66ec-4a9e-8aeb-13b701ca149e#?id=fd5073e2-66ec-4a9e-8aeb-13b701ca149e

He goes on to say that Kyle is as good as they come, doesn't get the respect he deserves and that he'll earn that respect this year one way or another.

He also said that Revis was the best in the NFL (cuz he was negotiating a contract) after Revis signed, Champ went back to saying - yeah I'm the best LOL

So yeah, Champ will say the right things when he needs to - doesn't mean he believes it

I will concede that it seems he offered that tidbit up without being asked about it though which gives it more weight (coulda been edited tho)

UberBroncoMan
10-17-2011, 04:40 PM
Does Champ still feel good?

baja
10-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Champ is the ultimate team guy.

If he asks for a trade you can know we are fÚcked

strafen
10-17-2011, 05:38 PM
Um, actually, no. He didn't look good AT ALL the last two years in preseason. Keep throwing **** against the wall though, retard. Some will stick one of these days.Words of wisdom. **** finally stuck to the wall.
I knew if I kept trying, that I will eventually succeed, just like you've said.
'ppreciate that! :welcome: :wave: LOL

Captain 'Dre
10-17-2011, 06:07 PM

Prophetic words... in the apocalyptic sense, anyhow... ugh!~

smoke4815162342
10-17-2011, 07:25 PM
Does Champ still feel good?

Now he feels GREAT!

http://www.glorifythepast.com/forums/attachments/tony-the-tiger-frosties-jpg.4261/

maher_tyler
10-17-2011, 10:06 PM
What was he gonna say "Kyle sucks. We'll be lucky to win 1 game with him as starter. Knew I shouldn't have resigned". Just saying what he's suppose to, he prolly really believed Kyle would play better, who knows.

Pick Six
10-18-2011, 09:16 AM
Champ and Dawkins need to be shown the door. We can't have anybody over 30 on our team...

Kaylore
10-18-2011, 09:28 AM
Champ and Dawkins need to be shown the door. We can't have anybody over 30 on our team...

Worst post ever?

Ray Finkle
10-18-2011, 09:31 AM
Worst post ever?

hell no,

take anything Casino Royale, Majik, or Waffle wrote...

bendog
10-18-2011, 09:42 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063808/plotsummary

Miss I.
10-18-2011, 09:46 AM

Presumably this is sarcasm, otherwise....wow. just wow. Does this mean we can keep Kyle Orton, I think he's still under 30.

LRtagger
10-18-2011, 09:48 AM
I remember when Champ said Slowick was going to be a great DC ROFL!

smoke4815162342
10-18-2011, 11:54 AM
Champ is a company man, and has always said positive things