PDA

View Full Version : Poor Sydquan Thompson

LongDongJohnson
09-02-2011, 01:25 AM
That dude is probably going to be out for the year with an achilles tedon tear.

Hopefully he rehabs right and can make it back next season. I thought he was looking pretty good this preseason.

I really dont want to rely on cox much this season. Good thing Vaughn stepped up this summer. And hopefully we place that brandon bing guy on the practice squad. I like his potential.

UberBroncoMan
09-02-2011, 01:38 AM
This sucks. Was hoping for him to be our return man too.

El Guapo
09-02-2011, 04:13 AM
According to broncos on Facebook its just a strain. Hopefully that holds true.

Ironlung
09-02-2011, 06:07 AM
God I hope they don't bring Nate Jones back because of this.

Kaylore
09-02-2011, 06:10 AM
God I hope they don't bring Nate Jones back because of this.

He was in their first round of cuts. Hopefully that reflects their opinion of him.

MABroncoFan
09-02-2011, 07:07 AM
One Denver Post article said it was torn and he's out for the year.

strafen
09-02-2011, 07:10 AM
Sucks to see that hapening on the last game of PS.
I really like his versatility...
Godspeed

Man-Goblin
09-02-2011, 07:14 AM
Ugh.

Requiem
09-02-2011, 07:17 AM
One of my favorite Broncos.

Sucks.

He was a big part of our nickel packages and return game.

Get better soon.

Boobs McGee
09-02-2011, 07:40 AM
Bummer :( they said on the radio this morning it happened without any contact. We want you back squid!!

Kaylore
09-02-2011, 07:42 AM
Bummer :( they said on the radio this morning it happened without any contact. We want you back squid!!

A lot of Achilles tears happen without contact. My buddy tore his running.

Ray Finkle
09-02-2011, 07:44 AM
A lot of Achilles tears happen without contact. My buddy tore his running.

so did Squid.....my brother in law tore his stepping down stairs.

Br0nc0Buster
09-02-2011, 07:49 AM
I guess Im just one of the lucky ones that doesnt tear ligaments and muscles doing normal non contact activities

schaaf
09-02-2011, 07:53 AM
Being superhuman, I myself have never torn anything either

El Guapo
09-02-2011, 08:15 AM
It's a terrible injury. You can't even function; going up stairs is the worst.

bronco militia
09-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Injury issues.

Syd'Quan Thompson will be out for the season after the cornerback suffered a torn right Achilles on a play without contact.

It's the second consecutive year the Broncos lost a key reserve to a torn Achilles in the final preseason game. Running back LenDale White​ suffered the injury in the final preseason game last year at Minnesota. White was released by the Broncos two weeks ago.

Thompson was a Broncos' seventh-round pick in the 2010 draft. As a rookie he played in 13 games and tied for the team lead with two interceptions. Thompson left the stadium wearing a boot and using crutches. Wide receiver Britt Davis suffered a head injury, and rookie linebacker Nate Irving hurt his chest in the second quarter.

Read more: 53-man roster won't be out until Saturday - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18810643?source=rss#ixzz1Wo2dd95f
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Chris
09-02-2011, 09:02 AM
Rub some soy sauce on it

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dzj95jHuPiw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ZONA
09-02-2011, 11:26 AM
He looked ok but I never thought he was something special. Honestly, I thought he was a bubble player all along.

The Joker
09-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Guessing Champ, Goodman, Vaughn, Cox and someone we sign off waivers will be our corners this year.

Hopefully Squid can make a full recovery and compete for a roster spot in 2012.

Quoydogs
09-02-2011, 11:40 AM
The announcers last night would not even talk about him as laid on the ground. They just kept spewing there crap about the cards. I saw him go down and they said nothing. Then after a couple of minutes they were oh there is still a broncos down.

I had high hopes for him.. That is a bad thing to happen. Sometimes they heel up but the players never return to form. I sure hope this is not the case.

Mogulseeker
09-02-2011, 12:17 PM
I really liked Squid. This is unfortunate... I hope we get someone on waivers.

This means Cox probably makes the team.

Lestat
09-02-2011, 12:20 PM
dammit! i wanted to see Squid back returning some punts for us this season.
the defense is not an area we can afford injuries at.

Rolandftw
09-02-2011, 12:52 PM
second big injury of the season for the broncos. probably would have been their #4 corner too. Big blow, hopefully they pick up someone good on the waiver wire.

Play2win
09-02-2011, 12:56 PM
second big injury of the season for the broncos. probably would have been their #4 corner too. Big blow, hopefully they pick up someone good on the waiver wire.

Who was the first?

Ray Finkle
09-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Who was the first?

warren?

UberBroncoMan
09-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Rub some soy sauce on it

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dzj95jHuPiw" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="345" width="560"></iframe>

That video just ended up with me wasting 30 minutes that ended with sea urchin spine removal followed by surgery of a guy who got a fishing hook in his eye.

Rolandftw
09-02-2011, 04:15 PM
warren?

Yeah, I felt the Ty Warren injury was a big loss. Although, hard to tell since we didn't see him play in any preseason games. Dunno if he was back from his injury the previous year yet or not.

Mogulseeker
09-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Warren was a big blow. Squid is too... not only would he be #4 behind Champ, Goodman, and Vaughn... but he'd probably move into a more important role next year w/the aging Goodman/Champ. This means we're probably keeping Cox, and time will tell is he comes back to form... it's the same injury D.Thomas had, but he'll have a season and an offseason to recover. It really is a shame because I liked the kid.

Knowing Fox's history, I say we take a corner in the first round next year. No QB. Remember, Fox and McD were two coaches that took Tebow in for workouts and Fox was rumored to want to spend an early second him... I think that's saying a lot about a defensive/run minded coach.

I hope Squid has a future next year at nickel along with Vaughn. Goodman is through after this year.

Also, I was looking at McBath's measurables at FS, and I think he might have a better future at CB with Dawkins, Moore, Carter, McCarthy and Bruton likely making the team.

Rolandftw
09-02-2011, 10:25 PM
I think it mainly depends how the team fares. If they're competitive 7-9 or better I think they continue to upgrade the defense. Probably at corner. If the team bombs, I think they're more likely to take a QB. Guess it comes down to if they resign Orton and/or trust Tebow to be the starter next season.

Taking a QB would be an unpopular move with veterans as it is usually a few years before you are a playoff caliber club. Some exceptions to that like Matt Ryan, but they're very rare.

Mogulseeker
09-02-2011, 10:46 PM
I think it mainly depends how the team fares. If they're competitive 7-9 or better I think they continue to upgrade the defense. Probably at corner. If the team bombs, I think they're more likely to take a QB. Guess it comes down to if they resign Orton and/or trust Tebow to be the starter next season.

Taking a QB would be an unpopular move with veterans as it is usually a few years before you are a playoff caliber club. Some exceptions to that like Matt Ryan, but they're very rare.

We're dealing with Fox... his entire career as a head coach, he's had Jake Delhomme before taking his next QBOF in the third. It's not in Fox's MO to take a first round QB, Tebow is under contract for three more years and he's a guy that Fox liked anyway.

It's very early, but I think we take a CB first next year.