PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs playing starters till end of 1st half, Moeki and Cassel both left field with potential inj.

srphoenix
09-01-2011, 06:18 PM
a GIANT LOL to the Chiefs right now. They're playing the Packers and they still have their 1st string offense and defense playing with 5:30 until half time.

That being said they are still only up 2 points against the Packers 2nd string and Moeki went out with a banged up knee it looked like and even more hilarious Cassel got hammered by some backup dt on the Pack and immediately went to the sideline holding his arm and shoulder, announcers were talking about a possible seperated shoulder. Not sure if true but still how in the hell do you play your starters for the 1st full half in the 4th preseason game. What an absolutely awful team they'll be this year.

bronco610
09-01-2011, 06:21 PM
a GIANT LOL to the Chiefs right now. They're playing the Packers and they still have their 1st string offense and defense playing with 5:30 until half time.

That being said they are still only up 2 points against the Packers 2nd string and Moeki went out with a banged up knee it looked like and even more hilarious Cassel got hammered by some backup dt on the Pack and immediately went to the sideline holding his arm and shoulder, announcers were talking about a possible seperated shoulder. Not sure if true but still how in the hell do you play your starters for the 1st full half in the 4th preseason game. What an absolutely awful team they'll be this year.

I know I am heart broken they were that stupid !!!!

Bob's your Information Minister
09-01-2011, 06:24 PM
packers won the super bowl last year
we are beat the packers
we are awesome

UberBroncoMan
09-01-2011, 06:27 PM
Look at the ****ing Pats. Holy ****.

Haynesworth, Warren, Ellis, Wilfork. Christ.

Oh, and Josh Barrett is doing pretty hot tonight.

BTW Pats starters also played. Pioli runs KC. Similarities show.

Broncoman13
09-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Bad karma!

srphoenix
09-01-2011, 06:33 PM
Bad karma!

we deserve bad karma if we play our 1st string against the cardinals 2nd for the whole 1st half. It's just dumb football.

Bronx33
09-01-2011, 06:37 PM
we are beat the packers
we are awesome

Every chick that runs into you must be in awe.

brncs_fan
09-01-2011, 06:48 PM
we are beat the packers second stringers
I am a giant waste of space

Fixed it

09-01-2011, 06:51 PM
chiefs raping this game

all set to dominate now

DarkHorse
09-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Todd Haley - isn't this the same coach who has twice gotten butthurt over another team putting points up against them?

And now twice he has left his starters in against 2nd and 3rd tier competition so that they could score and not look like a debacle of a starting unit?

Hypocrisy anyone?

brncs_fan
09-01-2011, 06:54 PM
chiefs raping this game

all set to dominate now

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2010/7/9/73%20Level%206%20Tranny%20vs%20Level%204%20Loser_t humb.jpg

broncosteven
09-01-2011, 06:56 PM
we are beat the packers
we are awesome

Packers 1st string won the SB last year, KFC's starters are beating Packers 2nd stringers.

KCStud
09-01-2011, 06:56 PM

Moeaki and Cassel are fine. They're both walking on the sideline. Cassel got sacked by a 340 lb DL and got the wind knocked out of him.

Btw-Cassel went 15/17 for 129 yards, 1 TD and a 117.9 rating in the first half. Guess that means he's going to light it up this year because preaseason means everything right?! Ha!

BMarsh615
09-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Todd Haley - isn't this the same coach who has twice gotten butthurt over another team putting points up against them?

And now twice he has left his starters in against 2nd and 3rd tier competition so that they could score and not look like a debacle of a starting unit?

Hypocrisy anyone?

Gotta get one win to get the fans moral up. The Chiefs have been looking like ass all preseason so if Haley has to keep his first string in against the other teams 3rd string for an entire quarter in order to ensure a win he is going to do it.

broncosteven
09-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Moeaki and Cassel are fine. They're both walking on the sideline. Cassel got sacked by a 340 lb DL and got the wind knocked out of him.

Btw-Cassel went 15/17 for 129 yards, 1 TD and a 117.9 rating in the first half. Guess that means he's going to light it up this year because preaseason means everything right?! Ha!

Can anyone speak to why KFC feels they need to play their starters for a full half in the last PS game?

Chicago and the Browns had their 2nd string start tonight.

KCStud
09-01-2011, 07:01 PM

Hypocrisy anyone?

You Bronco fans don't look at the facts do you? Haley was pissed because Harbaugh blitzed every play of the entire game.

Archer81
09-01-2011, 07:04 PM
You Bronco fans don't look at the facts do you? Haley was pissed because Harbaugh blitzed every play of the entire game.

Yeah...

That's SO much better than Haley being bitchy about scoring late in games...

:Broncos:

srphoenix
09-01-2011, 07:05 PM

Actually the facts are that you don't risk injuries to your starters during the 4th preseason game. You also miss out on evaluating your 2nd and 3rd string players.

What makes you think coaches will do anything different than what Harbaugh did if it works.

KCStud
09-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Can anyone speak to why KFC feels they need to play their starters for a full half in the last PS game?

Chicago and the Browns had their 2nd string start tonight.

Chemistry. Haley has focused on conditioning at the beginning of camp. They're treating this like the 3rd preseason game.
Every team is handling preseason differently after the lockout.

KCStud
09-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Actually the facts are that you don't risk injuries to your starters during the 4th preseason game. You also miss out on evaluating your 2nd and 3rd string players.

What makes you think coaches will do anything different than what Harbaugh did if it works.

Like I said, every team is handling the lockout differently.
And it's a freaking preseason game. There is no need to blitz your 3rd and 4th string players on every play of the game. It's hard to evaluate guys who are trying to make the team when players blitz every game. Doing that in a meaningless game with 4th stringers is tasteless.

DivineBronco
09-01-2011, 07:11 PM
And it's a freaking preseason game. There is no need to blitz your 3rd and 4th string players on every play of the game. It's hard to evaluate guys who are trying to make the team when players blitz every game. Doing that in a meaningless game with 4th stringers is tasteless.

that is a very Haley-esque way to look at things......neat

KCStud
09-01-2011, 07:14 PM
that is a very Haley-esque way to look at things......neat

And that's a Haley hater-esque way to look at things. From a football standpoint, that was a dick move to pull.

Bronx33
09-01-2011, 07:15 PM
sniff sniff

broncosteven
09-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Wow even the Broncos started their #2nd string.

Sounds like KFC doesn't feel very good about their starters and feel the need to try to get something going against inferior competition.

brncs_fan
09-01-2011, 07:24 PM
So much for that lead against GB

teknic
09-01-2011, 07:28 PM

That is possibly the most stupid thing I have ever heard.

Is he mad that they blitzed every down (obvious exaggeration), or because he couldn't stop it? ROFL!

If the blitz is working, why would the other team stop calling them? Maybe if Haley had a better team, or could coach worth a damn, he wouldn't have to cry every time he gets embarrassed by another team.

If that's the case, Haley is going to be REALLY mad when Miller and Doom are coming every down and dominating that pathetic offensive line the Queefs have.

tsiguy96
09-01-2011, 07:30 PM
they are leaving charles on the field? come on be smart!

broncosteven
09-01-2011, 07:33 PM
chiefs getting raped in this game

all set to take it up the butt all year now

Fixed it for you

KCStud
09-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Fixed it for you

wishful thinking

broncosteven
09-01-2011, 07:42 PM
wishful thinking

At least you know your starters can take a lead into the half vs the Packers 2nd string

brncs_fan
09-01-2011, 07:43 PM
At least you know your starters can take a lead into the half vs the Packers 2nd string

And that their second string can give it right up.

KCStud
09-01-2011, 07:44 PM

Preseason. Ha!LOL

broncosteven
09-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Preseason. Ha!LOL

Chemistry!

tsiguy96
09-01-2011, 07:50 PM
unlikely would be my guess.

KCStud
09-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Chemistry!

That's what preseason is for :welcome::approve:

Doggcow
09-01-2011, 08:15 PM
You lose

Rolandftw
09-01-2011, 08:21 PM
The Chiefs are such a weird team. They barely played their starters for three games, and then in the 4th game decided to play a lot of them throughout most of the game. Just so weird. Especially since they play GB later in the year. I really, don't get it.

I'm guessing Haley wasn't liking what he saw the first three games and wanted to get more of his core guys some playing time.

09-01-2011, 08:22 PM
They barely played their starters for three games, and then in the 4th game decided to play a lot of them throughout most of the game..

The Chiefs gave their starters plenty of snaps in the 2nd and 3rd games.

broncosteven
09-01-2011, 08:29 PM

But if Chemistry is so important why not at least start your starters in the 1st game for a couple plays.

It appears that since the KFC 1st team has been teh suck all PS that Haley is worried his guys arent prepared hence starting his 1st team and playing them until the half.

The Joker
09-01-2011, 08:30 PM
I can see the logic, your starters have struggled to get anything going in preseason so you want to see them put together a few nice drives to take some momentum into the opener next week.

I'd be worried if it was us because there's a hint of desperation about it. Better than going in off the back of what they did against the Rams though so I don't think it's a bad idea by Haley.

Rolandftw
09-01-2011, 08:32 PM

According to their great head coach. They pulled their starters WELL before the Rams did. Don't you think it would have made sense to see how their starters would have played for one full half--against another teams starters?

Their decisions in the preseason make absolutely no sense. No sense whatsoever.

09-01-2011, 08:32 PM
But if Chemistry is so important why not at least start your starters in the 1st game for a couple plays.

Haley didn't think their legs were ready. Simple as that.

09-01-2011, 08:33 PM
According to their great head coach. They pulled their starters WELL before the Rams did. Don't you think it would have made sense to see how their starters would have played for one full half--against another teams starters?

Their decisions in the preseason make absolutely no sense. No sense whatsoever.

I'm going to give Haley the benefit of the doubt. He won the division last year. And this preseason should not have been handled like a traditional preseason.

Bronx33
09-01-2011, 08:35 PM
I'm going to give Haley the benefit of the doubt. He won the division last year. And this preseason should not have been handled like a traditional preseason.

you do that..

Rolandftw
09-01-2011, 08:37 PM
lol. see how that blind faith works out for you.

they've had a complete opposite approach to the preseason to the rest of the nfl.

What reasoning would a Chief fan have for not playing Stanzi at all? Pathetic.

09-01-2011, 08:38 PM

they've had a complete opposite approach to the preseason to the rest of the nfl.

The season rides on the evaluation of our third-string rookie 5th rounder. ROFL!

KCStud
09-01-2011, 08:41 PM

Didn't like it that they didn't play Stanzi either. We'll see how KC plays next week. Until then it is what it is.....preseason.

Rolandftw
09-01-2011, 08:42 PM
It will if Cassel gets hurt. Unless you think Palko has a better future. I thought most Chief fans were in agreement that he was terrible.

And either way, this was the time to give the rookie some reps as ideally he won't have many during the season.

09-01-2011, 08:42 PM
Cassel got hammered by some backup dt on the Pack and immediately went to the sideline holding his arm and shoulder, announcers were talking about a possible seperated shoulder.

He got the wind knocked out of him, you dumb****.

How do you feel now?

Bronx33
09-01-2011, 08:43 PM
He got the wind knocked out of him, you dumb****.

How do you feel now?

eat another bearclaw before bedtime fat****.

broncosteven
09-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Haley didn't think their legs were ready. Simple as that.

They had time to neck punch each other.

mwill07
09-01-2011, 08:56 PM

Don't you think its important to see how guys blitz, or pick up the blitz? Isn't blitzing part of the game, and important to evaluate?

maher_tyler
09-02-2011, 02:08 AM
Didn't like it that they didn't play Stanzi either. We'll see how KC plays next week. Until then it is what it is.....preseason.

Preseason..as in, preview of what your season could look like. A few years ago, we couldn't stop the run for **** in preseason..a lot of people around here including myself were concerned. Turned out, we couldn't stop the run in the regular season either. Just sayin..if i were a KC fan, i'd be a little concerned.

Old Dude
09-02-2011, 04:52 AM
That is possibly the most stupid thing I have ever heard.

Stick around. The season hasn't even started yet.

Rolandftw
09-02-2011, 08:49 AM

Only rational that I could think of is they thought Cassel might have been hurt (initially) and so they decided Palko needed as many reps as he could get. Doesnt sound like too many of the injuries were serious for KC. Although they aren't really saying anything about them other then Cassel's.

broncocalijohn
09-02-2011, 09:57 AM

Would this be considered one, long ass sentence or somewhere there needs to be a period to end a sentence I mean if we are going to talk about the chiefs, I don't want to get all winded like Boob does shining up his mocked up Star Wars light saber while he gets ready for battle with the other fat geeks at some lame sci fi convention as they battle the Anime weirdos in a game of who is the better nerd of the entire universe and who should be leader of the geeks with their own Sci Fi show on a cable network where there are at least 13 episodes and showing off the coolest of a cool gadgets according to the Nerds? (breath)

BMF Bronco
09-02-2011, 10:10 AM
SO what's the word on Cassell?

09-02-2011, 10:13 AM
wind knocked out

ant1999e
09-02-2011, 10:15 AM
wind knocked out
What a pussy.

underrated29
09-02-2011, 10:22 AM
How did thomas jones look? Did he even get reps?

Im looking at him in FF as a backup backup backup backup to my backups. But I want to see if he is getting looks or if its all charles and mccluster.

Br0nc0Buster
09-02-2011, 10:26 AM
How did thomas jones look? Did he even get reps?

Im looking at him in FF as a backup backup backup backup to my backups. But I want to see if he is getting looks or if its all charles and mccluster.

Jones looks slow and old

Crushaholic
09-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Jones looks slow and old

Tell that to Jonathan Baldwin...:spit:

Br0nc0Buster
09-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Tell that to Jonathan Baldwin...:spit:

lol touche

underrated29
09-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Jones looks slow and old

I think i will keep sproles then.

thanks.

mwill07
09-02-2011, 10:47 AM
The way chief fans are defending Haley reminds me of how some of us defended McD about this time last year. Just sayin...

AmericanBroncFan
09-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Who else can't wait for Doom and Miller to end cassys career and hear that baby Hc whine for years and years?

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Moeaki to the IR

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/9/3/2402638/tony-moeaki-injury-kansas-city-chiefs

AmericanBroncFan
09-03-2011, 11:05 AM
Moeaki to the IR

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/9/3/2402638/tony-moeaki-injury-kansas-city-chiefs

That baby piece of crap Hc deserves this

Br0nc0Buster
09-03-2011, 11:07 AM
is this the BroncosLB guy again?

Steve Sewell
09-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Moeaki to the IR

On the bright side he gets to avoid Joe Mays for a year.

09-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Moeaki's injury is not confirmed yet.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-03-2011, 12:57 PM
But it will be.

And then we'll see how you try to spin that one.

Rolandftw
09-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Either way, it's an incredibly stupid approach to the last game.

Sure KC will pick up another TE on the waiver wire but it's still a huge loss.

09-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Moeaki's injury was in the 1st quarter....it had nothing to do with the approach to the game.

ICON
09-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Chiefs are a dark horse for Andrew Luck at the moment, their offense was terrible prior to his injury.

srphoenix
09-03-2011, 03:50 PM
wow, so Moeki actually is done for the year from that game. Glad I'm not a chiefs fan, Haley should be fired... just plain stupid coaching.

DaFace
09-03-2011, 05:23 PM
wow, so Moeki actually is done for the year from that game. Glad I'm not a chiefs fan, Haley should be fired... just plain stupid coaching.

What a shortsighted, homerific, and ignorant post.

1. Moeaki is injury prone. It was the major knock on him coming out of college.
2. This happened in the first quarter. It's not like it happened in the 4th quarter. If it had, you might have some level of a point.
3. Different coaches had different approaches to how fast to bring guys back. Fox pushed people early. Ty Warren went down. Haley pushed guys late. Moeaki went down. It happens.

mwill07
09-04-2011, 02:50 PM

Moeaki out for season, and now I'm hearing Cassel has a cracked rib.

KCStud
09-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Moeaki out for season, and now I'm hearing Cassel has a cracked rib.

Cracked rib? Where did you hear that?

mwill07
09-04-2011, 03:19 PM

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=608746&pid=13493889&st=0&#entry13493889

DenverBrit
09-04-2011, 03:22 PM

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-city-chiefs/2011/9/4/2404872/kansas-city-chiefs-matt-cassel-reportedly-suffers-cracked-rib

KCStud
09-04-2011, 03:40 PM
http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-city-chiefs/2011/9/4/2404872/kansas-city-chiefs-matt-cassel-reportedly-suffers-cracked-rib

Idk how credible that is. People have also said Cassel has a fractured clavicle from the hit.
He was up and throwing the ball around in the 2nd half of the game. Never know though. The DL who sacked him weighed over 330 lbs. Can't imagine that weight falling on me.

AmericanBroncFan
09-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Buffalo is one of those teams capable of putting 30+ points on the board one week and 3 FG's the next. I hope theyre ready to score on opening day. That would put cassy in a bad spot having to thorw the ball into the ground and 5 yrds behind his WR's all game long. Baby haley would have tears and snot running down his face by the 3rd quarter.

Rolandftw
09-04-2011, 05:23 PM
It's hard to say since KC is always secretive with stuff. Like, with the TM thing I generally think once something like that is reported it usually ends up being true. Hope not, as I never like to see a guy get injured... but I definitely never bought the "wind knocked out of him," statement either.

A guy doesn't act like how Cassel acted if he had the "wind knocked out of him." He was obviously hurt, we just don't know to what extent.

Them not playing Stanzi now makes sense though. Needed to give Palco all the reps they could, in case Cassel wasn't ready.

KCStud
09-04-2011, 05:47 PM
Cassel is fine. This is simply a rumor just like the fractured clavicle talk.

@bobfescoe Bob Fescoe
talked w 2 ppl who said cassel told them he was fine. that is the warrior in cassel. hopefully the team does the thinking for matt

I'm pretty sure a person with cracked ribs isn't going to be casually twisting and turning without pain throwing a football on the sidelines.

Conklin
09-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star reports Matt Cassel (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3237/matt-cassel) has a rib injury that could keep him out of the season opener (http://www.kansascity.com/2011/09/04/3121062/chiefs-qb-cassel-has-rib-injury.html#ixzz1X291JLQk) against the Bills. And that could expose one of the shakiest backup quarterback situations in the league.
Teicher reports that coach Todd Haley told backup Tyler Palko (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4499/tyler-palko) after Thursday’s game that he “better be ready to play Sunday.’’

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/04/report-cassel-could-miss-opener-with-rib-injury/

KCStud
09-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star reports Matt Cassel (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3237/matt-cassel) has a rib injury that could keep him out of the season opener (http://www.kansascity.com/2011/09/04/3121062/chiefs-qb-cassel-has-rib-injury.html#ixzz1X291JLQk) against the Bills. And that could expose one of the shakiest backup quarterback situations in the league.
Teicher reports that coach Todd Haley told backup Tyler Palko (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4499/tyler-palko) after Thursday’s game that he “better be ready to play Sunday.’’

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/04/report-cassel-could-miss-opener-with-rib-injury/

From that same article.

From Cassel:

“I just got the wind knocked out of me,’’ he said. “We were just being cautious.’’

From Haley:

“He wanted to go back in. I thought the prudent thing was to be smart there.

“Unfortuntately, he got dinged up a little bit. I’m not overly concerned.’’

I think he'll be starting next Sunday.

AmericanBroncFan
09-04-2011, 05:58 PM

This makes baby haley the dumbest hc in the NFL. Now we have proof to what most fans already knew.

DenverBrit
09-04-2011, 06:01 PM
From that same article.

From Cassel:

“I just got the wind knocked out of me,’’ he said. “We were just being cautious.’’

From Haley:

“He wanted to go back in. I thought the prudent thing was to be smart there.

“Unfortuntately, he got dinged up a little bit. I’m not overly concerned.’’

I think he'll be starting next Sunday.

He was winded, yet still questionable for the opener??

Haley is embarrassed by his own dumbassery, keeping starters in the last pre-season game.

KCStud
09-04-2011, 06:03 PM
He was winded, yet still questionable for the opener??

Haley is embarrassed by his own dumbassery, keeping starters in the last pre-season game.

Injury reports aren't out yet. They shouldn't come out until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Rolandftw
09-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Those quotes were immediately after the game Thursday. There's a chance Cassel plays, probably a good one considering he's a tough player.. but I'm fairly certain he still has at least one broke rib.

If true, I'd rest him and get him ready for @Detroit and @San Diego.

KCStud
09-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Those quotes were immediately after the game Thursday. There's a chance Cassel plays, probably a good one considering he's a tough player.. but I'm fairly certain he still has at least one broke rib.

If true, I'd rest him and get him ready for @Detroit and @San Diego.

If he has a broken rib than he's gonna be out for 6-8 weeks, maybe the season.

DenverBrit
09-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Injury reports aren't out yet. They shouldn't come out until Tuesday or Wednesday.

A player doesn't get 'winded' and become 'questionable' for the next game, 10 days later.

Something else is going on with Cassel.

Hang nail??

AmericanBroncFan
09-04-2011, 06:11 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/31686/cassel-has-a-week-to-adjust-to-broken-rib
It still makes that whiny b**ch baby hc look like the idiot that he is.

srphoenix
09-04-2011, 08:16 PM
What a shortsighted, homerific, and ignorant post.

1. Moeaki is injury prone. It was the major knock on him coming out of college.
2. This happened in the first quarter. It's not like it happened in the 4th quarter. If it had, you might have some level of a point.
3. Different coaches had different approaches to how fast to bring guys back. Fox pushed people early. Ty Warren went down. Haley pushed guys late. Moeaki went down. It happens.

Still think its a dumb statement. btw, this all happened long after they should have been playing, if i recall correctly it was closer to the middle of the 2nd quarter for both injuries, meaning long long after the Packers pulled their guys.

Also the Warren comparison is retarded, it was a torn tricep (i.e. freak injury that can happen regardless of game situation or practice). Both of the Chiefs injuries were game and contact related.

Also if your guy is injury prone, don't play him in a game that the starters for every other nfl team do not play their guys.