PDA

View Full Version : Knowshon Moreno Gets Crossfit (Video)

mkporter
09-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Cool vid with Knowshon about his crossfit training this summer. Should be good fodder for our gym rats to dissect.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BclDoaf35oI" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="345" width="560"></iframe>

PRBronco
09-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Haha sweet, crossfit sets people off here :D

Man he looks thin now. Since his neck got so skinny he looks kind of like Donald Glover.

Edit: That guy's mustache is ridiculous.

Popps
09-01-2011, 12:35 PM

Man he looks thin now. Since his neck got so skinny he looks kind of like Donald Glover.

I had to stop watching.

Dedhed
09-01-2011, 12:40 PM
He's healthy for the first time in his career, and looks more explosive.

Mogulseeker
09-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Knowshon has worked his ass off this offseason, and it's going to pay dividends to both us and the Broncos this football season.

UberBroncoMan
09-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Knowshon has worked his ass off this offseason, and it's going to pay dividends to both us and the Broncos this football season.

Perhaps he will finally live up to what he was in college.

mwill07
09-01-2011, 01:28 PM
There's a whole bunch of crossfit-gym goers in my neighborhood. Seems more like a cult than a gym. They are all very cliquey... highschoolish in how they behave. It's very bizzarre to watch.

I know a few other folks who do the crossfit at home, and it works great for them. Talking to them, Crossfit is supposed to be all about working out independantly, and playing $100/month to crossfit at a gym is the opposite of what its all supposed to be about.

Dedhed
09-01-2011, 01:30 PM
There's a whole bunch of crossfit-gym goers in my neighborhood. Seems more like a cult than a gym. They are all very cliquey... highschoolish in how they behave. It's very bizzarre to watch.

I know a few other folks who do the crossfit at home, and it works great for them. Talking to them, Crossfit is supposed to be all about working out independantly, and playing $100/month to crossfit at a gym is the opposite of what its all supposed to be about.

I've never seen any gym setting that wasn't cliquey and high schoolish.

conrad7120
09-01-2011, 01:32 PM
From that clip Knowshon really looks like he is in great shape... And he comes of as a very nice and likeable guy as well...

_Oro_
09-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Seriously bro, basketball. wtf. These guys need to quit that sh*T.

underrated29
09-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Badass!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-01-2011, 01:45 PM

I've been a few times to the CF gym in Steamboat. It's not really for me, but I show up when I need a break from my regular routine, and it certainly offers that.

And while the people are "cultish" in their support of each other, it seems to work for them, and the result is really what it should be about.

dbfan21
09-01-2011, 02:01 PM

He's going for the Jake Plummer look.

Smiling Assassin27
09-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Hey, I'm glad to see Knowshon mix in some non-football type gym work. Cross Fit's a nice way to keep him mentally fresh. Plus I really do think it'll make him more durable as far as ligaments, joints, back, etc. goes--as long as he doesn't forget that he's still a friggin' tailback and has to maintain some size to take the hits he's gonna take.

Br0nc0Buster
09-01-2011, 02:09 PM

Edit: That guy's mustache is awesome.

fyp

Smiling Assassin27
09-01-2011, 02:11 PM
I've been a few times to the CF gym in Steamboat. It's not really for me, but I show up when I need a break from my regular routine, and it certainly offers that.

And while the people are "cultish" in their support of each other, it seems to work for them, and the result is really what it should be about.

I dig the diverse number of exercises/drills that Cross Fit offers. Workout Of The Day delivered fresh to my inbox everyday. I'm kinda like you right now--using it as a sort of shock therapy and I really think it's cut down on my nagging injuries.

Mogulseeker
09-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Perhaps he will finally live up to what he was in college.

He was a consensus first rounder, and some well-reputed coaches (and some not-well-reputed coaches, i.e. McD) had him as a top 3 pick.

Knowshon isn't particularly fast... surprisingly, he had the lowest high jump of all RBs in the combine, too. What I love about him, though, is that he is a complete back - that is, he is an outstanding blocker and receiver.

I also like how shifty he is, and he seems to have good vision. I've also noticed how well he does at falling forward... one thing different I think we've seen from him so far this year is how he fights for extra yardage - he uses that shiftyness to his advantage in shaking off tackles.

I don't think he'll ever be a workhorse or a feature back to build an offense around. But as a 1-2 option, I wouldn't be suprised to see Knowshon become one of the leagues top 1a backs, with McGahee as his 1b/RZ back.

I've never understood the hate for him on this forum. I really like Knowshon, and I think he'll be very good this year.

Mogulseeker
09-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Also, his head seems to be in the right place... same with B.Lloyd. I was surprised to see how well-spoken they have become in their interviews (no racism intended).

goldengopher1976
09-01-2011, 02:34 PM
That was a cool video and Knowshon seems like a very likeable and gregarious guy. I was already a fan because he's a Bronco (and on my FF team), but it will be all the more easy to cheer his successes now.

Kaylore
09-01-2011, 02:35 PM
I had to stop watching.
:spit:

At least he's cut and he's playing better so I'm all for it.

Smiling Assassin27
09-01-2011, 02:35 PM
He was a consensus first rounder, and some well-reputed coaches (and some not-well-reputed coaches, i.e. McD) had him as a top 3 pick.

Knowshon isn't particularly fast... surprisingly, he had the lowest high jump of all RBs in the combine, too. What I love about him, though, is that he is a complete back - that is, he is an outstanding blocker and receiver.

I also like how shifty he is, and he seems to have good vision. I've also noticed how well he does at falling forward... one thing different I think we've seen from him so far this year is how he fights for extra yardage - he uses that shiftyness to his advantage in shaking off tackles.

I don't think he'll ever be a workhorse or a feature back to build an offense around. But as a 1-2 option, I wouldn't be suprised to see Knowshon become one of the leagues top 1a backs, with McGahee as his 1b/RZ back.

I've never understood the hate for him on this forum. I really like Knowshon, and I think he'll be very good this year.

Everyone expected him to be a legit homerun threat, which he has turned out not to be. We had shades of TD in our heads and recall hitting some big runs and even outrunning guys at times. I agree that KM can do all the things required of a RB but a)think of the players that we might have taken instead and b)look at where we took him and I don't see the value in the pick (e.g., all the things a #1 RB should be able to do). He's useful but, as the top back in the draft, I don't see that we got what we paid for in KM.

Kaylore
09-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Everyone expected him to be a legit homerun threat, which he has turned out not to be. We had shades of TD in our heads

Sounds like a personal problem...

PRBronco
09-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Everyone expected him to be a legit homerun threat, which he has turned out not to be. We had shades of TD in our heads and recall hitting some big runs and even outrunning guys at times. I agree that KM can do all the things required of a RB but a)think of the players that we might have taken instead and b)look at where we took him and I don't see the value in the pick (e.g., all the things a #1 RB should be able to do). He's useful but, as the top back in the draft, I don't see that we got what we paid for in KM.

As a Broncos fan you should have learned to stop doing that at least 10 years ago. You just can't torture yourself with that game.

Kaylore
09-01-2011, 02:40 PM
As a Broncos fan you should have learned to stop doing that at least 10 years ago. You just can't torture yourself with that game.

Whatever. I reserve the right to hate people personally for not doing what my imagination says they should be doing!

PRBronco
09-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Whatever. I reserve the right to hate people personally for not doing what my imagination says they should be doing!

Eddddddddd Reeeeeeeeeeed!!!!!

Chris
09-01-2011, 02:50 PM
From that clip Knowshon really looks like he is in great shape... And he comes of as a very nice and likeable guy as well...

Sounds like you want to bang him.

HILife
09-01-2011, 03:20 PM
tag

enjolras
09-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Just now.. phone call to my wife:

Me : "Hey honey, did you workout with Knowshon Moreno?"
Her: "I have no idea who that is."
Me: "Broncos running back"
Her: "I don't think so..."
Me: "I just saw you in a video at Crossfit"
Her: "Ohh.. I had no idea why they were filming that."

So..that.

PRBronco
09-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Just now.. phone call to my wife:

Me : "Hey honey, did you workout with Knowshon Moreno?"
Her: "I have no idea who that is."
Me: "Broncos running back"
Her: "I don't think so..."
Me: "I just saw you in a video at Crossfit"
Her: "Ohh.. I had no idea why they were filming that."

So..that.

Hahaha cool!

Also you don't force nearly enough Broncos info on her if she doesn't know who Knowshon is :P

Also I think I speak for everyone when I say: Which one is your wife?

OABB
09-01-2011, 03:40 PM
:spit:

At least he's cut and he's playing better so I'm all for it.

full backs running schemes AND blocking can do wonders for a rb.

enjolras
09-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Hahaha cool!

Also you don't force nearly enough Broncos info on her if she doesn't know who Knowshon is :P

Also I think I speak for everyone when I say: Which one is your wife?

She's in the video for about 2 seconds.. way in the back (at about 7:30). I don't wanna get more specific :)

enjolras
09-01-2011, 03:51 PM
I should also mention.. the guys at Verve really know their stuff. I'm not a huge cross-fit fan, mainly because my knees just can't hold up to the timed and super-quick stuff that they do... but for an athlete like Moreno it's probably a great workout. Particularly when you have pro's like those guys leading the way.

El Guapo
09-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Awesome, good for him! I've been to CF many times and love it, but just can't make it every day. Sure wish I could.

Looking forward to seeing his improvement on the field because of this.:strong:

PRBronco
09-01-2011, 04:04 PM
I looked at crossfit because I wanted some olympic lifting coaching to learn snatching, but the CF gym in north vancouver was too cultish. I guess I will trial and error snatch in private :(

Chris
09-01-2011, 04:07 PM
hmm... I'm curious about crossfit. My only concern is how badly people lose form when you're timing them... seems dangerous unless they're advanced lifters. Additionally kipping pullups... *rolls eyes*

El Guapo
09-01-2011, 04:09 PM
A couple things; 1) you're supposed to do it at your own pace so you maintain form. The minute yoiu don't, you're doing it too fast and 2) kipping is just one style of pullups done while doing CF. It's just to help you gain muscle so that you can do more regular pullups when that time comes. Catch my drift?

Also, what was said earlier is correct. One doesn't need to go to a CF gym, only if you feel like Knowshon does (where he doesn't like to workout with just he and his coach). Just check out the WOD @ http://www.crossfit.com/ (workout of the day) and do it in your basement or something.

Baba Booey
09-05-2011, 12:15 AM
The thing that stood out to me was that he could do 14 pullups when he got there, and 40 when he left. Holy cow.

TheReverend
09-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Yay! An advertisement for people to either overspend or hurt themselves. Play it again!

Agamemnon
09-05-2011, 07:49 AM
Gotta say this might be something all our skill players should do.

Kaylore
09-05-2011, 08:03 AM
Yay! An advertisement for gross mustaches! Play it again!

FYP

DarkHorse30
09-05-2011, 09:58 AM
I've never understood the hate for him on this forum....

I thinks its a the fear of a wasted 1st round pick. Denver has a bit of a history of wasting #1's in the last 20 years

91 - Mike Croel
92 - Maddox
93 - Dan Williams
98 - Marcus Nash
00 - Deltha O'neal
01 - Willie Middlebrooks
02 - Ashley Lelie
03 - George Foster
07 - Jarvis Moss
note: no 1st round pick in 95 or 05

So, why wouldn't the fans put the #1's under a microscope? We're waiting for a confirmation that the front office may have again screwed the pooch. Not surprising that Denver has had so much difficulty building when our franchise draft picks were whiffed on so many times.

About Knowshon, he is doing a good job of getting himself ready this season. Injuries in pre-season and training camp his first 2 years, plus a lot of bad press from Paige and Legwold may have motivated his training. The best news is when Elway comes out and says he expects a "breakout year" from KM. I am REALLY liking Elway's impact on this team from the office. Is it a coincidence that "mile high stadium" is back in the name in his first year as exec. VP of football ops?

TheReverend
09-05-2011, 10:03 AM
FYP

I already decided to grow mine in. This would be a perfect spot to post fake mustache pic of me from vacation.

Mogulseeker
09-05-2011, 10:17 AM
I thinks its a the fear of a wasted 1st round pick. Denver has a bit of a history of wasting #1's in the last 20 years

91 - Mike Croel
92 - Maddox
93 - Dan Williams
98 - Marcus Nash
00 - Deltha O'neal
01 - Willie Middlebrooks
02 - Ashley Lelie
03 - George Foster
07 - Jarvis Moss
note: no 1st round pick in 95 or 05

So, why wouldn't the fans put the #1's under a microscope? We're waiting for a confirmation that the front office may have again screwed the pooch. Not surprising that Denver has had so much difficulty building when our franchise draft picks were whiffed on so many times.

About Knowshon, he is doing a good job of getting himself ready this season. Injuries in pre-season and training camp his first 2 years, plus a lot of bad press from Paige and Legwold may have motivated his training. The best news is when Elway comes out and says he expects a "breakout year" from KM. I am REALLY liking Elway's impact on this team from the office. Is it a coincidence that "mile high stadium" is back in the name in his first year as exec. VP of football ops?

In all fairness, Deltha and Maddox both had pretty good careers...

I think Knowshon can be very good. Not a wasted pick, but a legit first.

TheReverend
09-05-2011, 10:19 AM
In all fairness, Deltha and Maddox both had pretty good careers...

I think Knowshon can be very good. Not a wasted pick, but a legit first.

Wtf are you on?

Mogulseeker
09-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Wtf are you on?

He was terrible... and he played in several micky mouse leagues.

He had a great season with the Steelers.

TheReverend
09-05-2011, 10:42 AM
He was terrible... and he played in several micky mouse leagues.

He had a great season with the Steelers.

So one mediocre season (3400 yards and more turnovers than TDs is the definition of mediocre...) in 15 years of journeyman play = good career to you?

Dedhed
09-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Yay! An advertisement for people to ... hurt themselves.

Well for Knowshon at least the opposite seems true.

TheReverend
09-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Well for Knowshon at least the opposite seems true.

He's a professional athlete and can afford proper instruction. Why did you cut down the post to make it into something else entirely?

Dedhed
09-05-2011, 12:03 PM
He's a professional athlete and can afford proper instruction. Why did you cut down the post to make it into something else entirely?

I hardly think addressing only one part of the post amounts to "making into something else entirely."

Your post said "overspend or hurt themselves". I addressed the latter option.

TheReverend
09-05-2011, 12:07 PM
I hardly think addressing only one part of the post amounts to "making into something else entirely."

Your post said "overspend or hurt themselves". I addressed the latter option.

Right... Knowshon's in the "overspending" category.

What part of the word "or" are you having problems with? Did you read it as "and"?