PDA

View Full Version : Does Perrish Cox make this team?

Man-Goblin
09-01-2011, 08:14 AM
Vote. I honestly have no idea what they're going to do with him.

Will he be on the roster come Monday morning?

Requiem
09-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Who?

Drunk Monkey
09-01-2011, 08:46 AM
When does he go to trial?

baja
09-01-2011, 08:56 AM
He will be put on the SDGTP list.

baja
09-01-2011, 08:58 AM
SDGTP = Sexual Deviate Going To Prison.

Kaylore
09-01-2011, 09:12 AM
I wanna vote yes, but not because he's "too good to give up on". He's good enough to make the team, but he's going to go to jail. So he'll make the team and then likely get cut depending on the sentence.

Quoydogs
09-01-2011, 09:16 AM
I wanna vote yes, but not because he's "too good to give up on". He's good enough to make the team, but he's going to go to jail. So he'll make the team and then likely get cut depending on the sentence.

This,

Did I read somewhere that the chick he raped is woodyard's girlfriend ?

Man-Goblin
09-01-2011, 09:30 AM
When does he go to trial?

The trial is scheduled to start the week after the bye, I believe, so week 7.

Man-Goblin
09-01-2011, 09:33 AM

So you think the Broncos would just put him on the final roster just to get 5 games out of him before they cut bait when the trial starts? I don't see how you can do that.

I think if he makes the team it means they think he can legitimately plea this thing down to no jail time, and giving up on him would be a mistake.

RunSilentRunDeep
09-01-2011, 09:57 AM
I think they'll cut him but find out six weeks later he's back in the roster...

If you can forgive me for that, I'm guessing he sticks until he goes to the can.

UberBroncoMan
09-01-2011, 10:04 AM
Why would we have used him as a PR so much over others to get looks if we didn't have intentions to keep him.

gyldenlove
09-01-2011, 10:14 AM
This,

Did I read somewhere that the chick he raped is woodyard's girlfriend ?

Apparently after the fact she met Woodyard and they are not together in some form or another.

ColoradoDarin
09-01-2011, 10:34 AM
No, I'd rather not have rapists on our team.

SportinOne
09-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Apparently after the fact she met Woodyard and they are not together in some form or another.

i dont.... is this a joke?

Durango
09-01-2011, 10:47 AM
I voted 'yes', but the truth is, a trial steeped in deviate detail in the first third of the season with a reasonable chance at conviction probably isn't a distraction the Bronco organization is going to want to endure.

Pick Six
09-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Cox has been keeping a very low profile, after all this went down. That's smart of him to do that. The final roster should have his name on it...

Br0nc0Buster
09-01-2011, 10:53 AM
This year yes

Next year though I dont, I think they cut him even if he somehow avoids going to prison

I think when they interviewed Xanders and he said Cox was being outplayed by Thompson and Cox the organization was setting itself up so that if they cut Cox it would been seen as a football move instead of a PR one

Mogulseeker
09-01-2011, 10:54 AM
1. He's the second best corner on our team.
2. He's innocent until proven guilty is a court of law.
3. The court of the Broncos have to make a decision based on the facts.
4. I'd rather not have the distraction on the team.

Br0nc0Buster
09-01-2011, 10:58 AM

Based on this year's TC and preseason he is the 4th best

Drunk Monkey
09-01-2011, 10:58 AM
The trial is scheduled to start the week after the bye, I believe, so week 7.

I think he is gone. The Bronco's have no idea if he is going to be innocent or guilty. This is a distraction for them and a PR issue. He is not good enough to put up with the downside of his continued association with the team. That's my guess at least.

Man-Goblin
09-01-2011, 11:01 AM
I think he is gone. The Bronco's have no idea if he is going to be innocent or guilty. This is a distraction for them and a PR issue. He is not good enough to put up with the downside of his continued association with the team. That's my guess at least.

It's a tough decision to make. I mean, dude obviously can't play while he's on trial for rape. And I just don't see how you can keep him unless you think he's either going to get a hell of a plea bargain or that the trial is going to be pushed back till after the season.

Drunk Monkey
09-01-2011, 11:03 AM

No they don't. He can be cut for a variety of reasons not including his perceived innocence or guilt in his pending rape trial.

Mogulseeker
09-01-2011, 11:06 AM
No they don't. He can be cut for a variety of reasons not including his perceived innocence or guilt in his pending rape trial.

If OJ was still playing and in his prime, would you cut him?

Drunk Monkey
09-01-2011, 11:08 AM
If OJ was still playing and in his prime, would you cut him?

If you mean post killer OJ then hell yes!!! The Bronco's have spent many years building up the brand. No one player is above it.

TailgateNut
09-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Cox has been keeping a very low profile, after all this went down. That's smart of him to do that. The final roster should have his name on it...

If the Broncos are smart they should be consulting with some criminal lawyers (legal experts), 'cause I doubt he'll be a free man for long, and wont be able to continually postpone the trial.

The accused rapist will go down!

baja
09-01-2011, 11:34 AM
I don't know the circumstances of the case. Why is everyone assuming he will be convicted?

alkemical
09-01-2011, 11:38 AM
It's not rape if i love you...

broncocalijohn
09-01-2011, 11:52 AM
He will be on the team until he gets arrested/convicted and not able to play. He wouldnt still be here if they were just using him which makes no sense. I doubt he sees week 8 of the season. When he is canned, I have no problem. Just have an extra CB on PS.

TailgateNut
09-01-2011, 12:07 PM
I don't know the circumstances of the case. Why is everyone assuming he will be convicted?

I've been watching/reading the neews coverage and based on that info I would bet he's going to be wearing a different type of uniform latr this year. Same orange but the team name will be CDOC.

MagicHef
09-01-2011, 04:01 PM
I just haven't been very impressed by his play. It seems that for every good play he makes, he makes at least one truly horrible one. Also, if I remember, his returns have been the worst out of anyone we've tried back there.

uplink
09-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Is either Cox or McBath on the final 53? (McBath could play back-up
CB).

Bronx33
09-01-2011, 05:17 PM
His name alone is contradiction.

ant1999e
09-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Playing bad so.far tonight.

DivineBronco
09-01-2011, 07:40 PM
squid injury probably gives him a roster spot..........keep fingers crossed it isn't bad

ozomulsion
09-01-2011, 08:06 PM

Guilty until proven innocent. Nancy Grace would love this thread. The details that sell are the ones that make him sound like a rapist. No one even knows if he was under the influence, or remembers the event yet everyone wants to believe he was sober, of sound judgement, and drugged, then raped the girl. Maybe, but maybe NOT.

Let a jury get the jury get the facts, and decide if he's a strait up rapist like so many of you want to believe. Remember the Duke Lacrosse team? Guilty!!! Wait, NO. Sickos

dbfan21
09-01-2011, 08:22 PM
I am SO glad I waited until the last preseason game before casting my vote!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! :clown:

montrose
09-01-2011, 10:19 PM
He was getting roasted but word is Squid tore his achillies - have to keep him unless something really good is available on waivers.

ScottXray
09-01-2011, 10:56 PM
He was getting roasted but word is Squid tore his achillies - have to keep him unless something really good is available on waivers.

I watched the game then voted. Cox played himself right off the roster tonight. That combined with his pending prison time.
Squid goes to IR and they'll pick someone up off waivers. Just about ANYONE would be better than what Cox showed tonight. His head sure wan't in AZ, just his body.

ozomulsion
09-02-2011, 03:04 AM
I watched the game then voted. Cox played himself right off the roster tonight. That combined with his pending prison time.
Squid goes to IR and they'll pick someone up off waivers. Just about ANYONE would be better than what Cox showed tonight. His head sure wan't in AZ, just his body.

Hmm, with 10's of thousands of people calling him a rapist. I wonder where his head was at. I'm waiting for the legal system to figure it out, for better or worse. I think the coaches are smart enough to know he's a wonderful talent, and if it turns out things aren't what people are assuming. He has a great career to look forward to if he gets this out of the way. I think he'll have a great career in prison if it turns out he's a strait up rapist. I'm not Nancy Grace, so I don't know.

RhymesayersDU
09-02-2011, 04:56 AM

Yeah, this is why I voted yes. Not because he's too good to give up on. But we may not have a choice now.

Agamemnon
09-02-2011, 06:31 AM
Where's the "Yes, we have very few other options right now" choice?

MileHighMagic
09-02-2011, 06:51 AM
He was so bad last night, it was like he was trying to get cut.

Taco John
09-02-2011, 08:35 AM
With Squid going down, we cant afford to cut Cox.

Chris
09-02-2011, 08:41 AM
Lorena Bobbit is frowning right now.

GoHAM
09-02-2011, 08:53 AM
With Squid going down, we cant afford to cut Cox.

This is the only reason he makes the team, not because he's too talented to give up on.

bendog
09-04-2011, 06:29 AM
It's not rape if you're drunk. This thread needs to be immortalized

broncosteven
09-04-2011, 01:53 PM
It's not rape if you're drunk.

Or if your in prison.