PDA

View Full Version : 10-6 this year

Spider
08-30-2011, 11:04 PM
10-6 .....
wild card spot

cutthemdown
08-30-2011, 11:07 PM
Yeah but notice he didn't say what team? Sly move Spider. Bold prediction and doable if the the Raiders and Chefs stink like they have it in them.

Ratboy
08-30-2011, 11:07 PM
I doubt it.

We're going to suck for Luck

Spider
08-30-2011, 11:08 PM
Yeah but notice he didn't say what team? Sly move Spider. Bold prediction and doable if the the Raiders and Chefs stink like they have it in them.

:approve:

baja
08-30-2011, 11:14 PM
Half right - we win the division

broncocalijohn
08-30-2011, 11:20 PM
10-6 .....
wild card spot

yeah he used the wrong word there , He shoulnt have said racist , he should have said dumb asses

Spider, like the homerism but I got to use one of your quotes from earlier today to describe the record. I just hope I look like the dumb ass in this scenario and you can laugh at me all the way to the SuperBowl.

Stugots III here in the thread. Cant wait to see the gifs for Spider.

cutthemdown
08-30-2011, 11:38 PM
It all depends on is our players were as bad as they looked, or if it was also a big coaching problem. We added a couple defenders who can play and got doom back, if the defensive coaching also take a leap its not unreasonable to assume Broncos could get up 7-10 points less per game. No more kickoffs so that cuts down chances for special team mistakes. IMO the new rule stinks but it helps the Broncos, hurts teams that have big time return games.

If the running game got a lot better and the passing was still productive like last yr its not totally unbelievable Broncos could be a surprise team. I think for it to happen the new RT rookie would have to be a stud and Moreno would have to break out for a big yr.

Los Broncos
08-30-2011, 11:57 PM
I would say more like 6-10, but we'll see.

Bronco Boy
08-31-2011, 12:09 AM
8-8 might win the division.

Carmelo15
08-31-2011, 02:12 AM
Spider is spot-on. 10-6, wild card playoff spot

Punisher
08-31-2011, 03:18 AM
We got a chance if we start off 3-0

cmhargrove
08-31-2011, 04:45 AM
I like the enthusiasm, and believe it is possible if all three teams in our division lose some steam.

However, i'm sticking with 8-8, which is a huge turnaround for this team.

Here are my 10-6 ifs...
If Orton and Lloyd have Pro-bowl years.
If we don't lose any more D-tackles, and get a couple back from injury.
If we keep Elvis and Von healthy.
If the O-line starters stay healthy.
If Moreno finally rushes for 1,000.
McGahee stays healthy as a first down / TD machine.
Julius Thomas becomes the next Antonio Gates (800 yards, 8 TD's).

Rock Chalk
08-31-2011, 04:59 AM
I like the enthusiasm, and believe it is possible if all three teams in our division lose some steam.

However, i'm sticking with 8-8, which is a huge turnaround for this team.

Here are my 10-6 ifs...
If Orton and Gaffney have Pro-bowl years.
If we don't lose any more D-tackles, and get a couple back from injury.
If we keep Elvis and Von healthy.
If the O-line starters stay healthy.
If Moreno finally rushes for 1,000.
McGahee stays healthy as a first down / TD machine.
Julius Jones becomes the next Antonio Gates (800 yards, 8 TD's).

Gaffney? He plays for Washington.

cmhargrove
08-31-2011, 05:13 AM

I'm a ruh-tad this morning. I need some coffee...

Blueflame
08-31-2011, 05:15 AM

Um... also, Julius Jones is a RB...used to play for the Cowpies and Seachickens. Don't think he's still playing though. I rather suspect he meant Julius Thomas (the rookie TE wearing #80).

srphoenix
08-31-2011, 05:21 AM
i hope we win the division at 7-9 just like the seahawks last year.

Jesterhole
08-31-2011, 05:40 AM
6-10. At the 2-5 point, Orton finally gets benched and Tebow plays out the year.

jhns
08-31-2011, 05:44 AM
Spider is always so negative. It is pretty obvious that we won't lose another game now that Elway is back.

Powderaddict
08-31-2011, 05:49 AM
I'm very high on Fox and where this team is going.

I just don't know that I see a 10 win team.

We'll need to be much better converting fg's into TD's, be able to stop the run on occasion and cannot afford injuries to key players.

If everything goes well and the team stays very healthy by NFL standards then yes, a 10 win season is possible. I'm thinking 6 to 8 is where we will end up. Without any 59-14 blowouts.

tnedator
08-31-2011, 05:51 AM
Damn hard to predict following last year, new coach, four rookies starting or looking to be big contributors, some new FA's, and of course the brutal schedule.

I think 6-9 wins is the most likely, but I do think that if this defense is for real that the team has a legit shot at competing for a playoff spot.

alkemical
08-31-2011, 05:58 AM
This year will be rough at times. Next year is where we start to see the payoff. I don't think the Broncos suck enough for Luck. I really, when the front office evaluated the team, and the league - they knew they couldn't play that game. Might as well invest in what you have and move on.

BroncosSR
08-31-2011, 06:27 AM
10-6 .....
wild card spot

Only if we start the year 10-6 then we might have a chance.

crawdad
08-31-2011, 06:30 AM
I like your call, Spidey, and I believe it is doable. Mark me down as a believer.

Steve Sewell
08-31-2011, 06:53 AM
The first team looks good, but the depth on this team is god-awful. Any injuries to key players will likely result in a pretty bad record. I like the optimism though.

bronclvr
08-31-2011, 07:16 AM
Spider, you didn't drink your Dinner last night, did you?

Cito Pelon
08-31-2011, 07:51 AM
Eh, I have to say 9-7 is the max for this year, but you never know. If the D can generate a lot of turnovers . . . .

Chronic
08-31-2011, 07:57 AM
We won 4 games last year, and got blown out in a couple of them- harder schedule, new coach with shorten minis

Where are some of you getting this 10-11 wins?

We better worry about getting tis defense healthy for monday night, the Faid is stacked on RB's and did anyone see that kid they dtafted Tiwan Jones on sunday night?

Holy crap dud looked like Chris Johnson and Marcus Allen all rolled up into one. Darren Mc Fadden, Bush, now this kid?

They are gonna run at us all night

Punisher
08-31-2011, 08:03 AM
We won 4 games last year, and got blown out in a couple of them- harder schedule, new coach with shorten minis

We better worry about getting tis defense healthy for monday night, the Faid is stacked on RB's and did anyone see that kid they dtafted Tiwan Jones on sunday night?

Holy crap dud looked like Chris Johnson and Marcus Allen all rolled up into one. Darren Mc Fadden, Bush, now this kid?

You must have a medium dick

Chronic
08-31-2011, 08:16 AM

I have the girth of a soda can

Chris
08-31-2011, 08:55 AM
I have the girth of a soda can

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2689/4229196731_c166c03893.jpg

Los Broncos
08-31-2011, 08:57 AM

What does that have to do with football?

Tombstone RJ
08-31-2011, 09:03 AM
Spider is hopped up on caffeine, NoDoz and diesel.

bronco militia
08-31-2011, 09:04 AM

isn't that called Meth? Ha!

Rock Chalk
08-31-2011, 09:10 AM

1) Better coach, by far.
2) Dumervil is back, huge different.
3) Von Miller looks awesome, add with #2 above and you got Ron Jeremy Cock Size difference.
4) Offensive line healthy otu of the gate.
5) Run game looks dramatically improved.

From what I can see, the only thing the team didn't really address as far as deficiencies last year was the run defense. This may or may not be a problem, it's really difficult to tell right now.

AND, its a new season and every teams fans across the country are SUPPOSED to be ****ing optimistic at this time of year.

Smiling Assassin27
08-31-2011, 09:12 AM
No way we improve by 6 games.

7-9 at best this year. fox brings respectability to dove valley but we're still gonna be the less talented team on just about every sunday, still. we'll compete, though.

srphoenix
08-31-2011, 09:13 AM

welcome to the forum closet raiders fan. Taiwan Jones is not... and I repeat, IS NOT Marcus Allen and Chris Johnson after playing several snaps against 2nd string guys.

Dedhed
08-31-2011, 09:37 AM

He also didn't mention anything about when Orton gets benched.

Spider
08-31-2011, 09:42 AM
Spider, like the homerism but I got to use one of your quotes from earlier today to describe the record. I just hope I look like the dumb ass in this scenario and you can laugh at me all the way to the SuperBowl.

Stugots III here in the thread. Cant wait to see the gifs for Spider.

Stugots is a tool ............ Homer ism ? I am the very definition of Homer ism ;) But seriously our defense , Von Miller is so fast Doom , and on the other side , I think MahGahee will be a serious chain mover .. Much better Head Coach ...

Spider
08-31-2011, 09:44 AM

LOL nodoz .....that stuff never did work

Spider
08-31-2011, 09:46 AM

us ? you Raider fan ?

Spider
08-31-2011, 09:46 AM
He also didn't mention anything about when Orton gets benched.
LOL if Orton gets Benched , then we go 7-9 ...... I like Tebow , but the Boy isnt ready

Dedhed
08-31-2011, 09:49 AM
LOL if Orton gets Benched , then we go 7-9 ...... I like Tebow , but the Boy isnt ready

So you think Orton gets benched after going 0-9?

AlienBronco
08-31-2011, 09:49 AM
Eh, I have to say 9-7 is the max for this year, but you never know. If the D can generate a lot of turnovers . . . .

Also the Offense has to have better ball security. The TO and Fumbles Lost must go down!In 2010 the offense committed 27 TO of which 15 fumbles lost!

Spider
08-31-2011, 09:54 AM
So you think Orton gets benched after going 0-9?

you silly bastard .

Dedhed
08-31-2011, 09:56 AM
you silly bastard .

Had to be done.

Spider
08-31-2011, 09:57 AM
Had to be done.

no it didnt . when has ORTON EVER QB a team to 0-9 ?

Dedhed
08-31-2011, 10:03 AM
no it didnt . when has ORTON EVER QB a team to 0-9 ?

The same number of times Tebow's scored fewer than 23 points as a starter?

Beantown Bronco
08-31-2011, 10:09 AM

Tebow kicks field goals and returns kicks for TDs. Nice.

Old Dude
08-31-2011, 10:37 AM
After seeing three preseason games, I'm upgrading my 7-9 prediction to 9-7. 30/70 shot at a wild card.

I'll be very happy with a 5-game improvement, and with a lot of youngsters on the team, even more optimistic for next year.

Spider
08-31-2011, 11:34 AM

well not going to bring up win loss , it is clear McDouche lost control of the team , I dont get your hatred for Orton , maybe he banged someone close to you , then took pics and posted em on the internet , I dont know dont care , that hatred you have is for you to deal with , I will respectfully ask your monkey ass not to bring it to me .......... Thanks in advance , your bestest buddy evah .spider

Chronic
08-31-2011, 12:12 PM
us ? you Raider fan ?

You cut me man, you cut me deep

I was a Bronco when you were being spoon feed

Doom will no doubt help bring pressue on passing downs, but unlike the majority here that ooze homerism I dont mind calling things the way they are

I'm okay watching this team put the pieces back together after Josh f*cked it all up..

I'm okay seeing this team win a couple more games this year

I'm okay having another great draft next year and seeing us get even better

I'm okay with all this

11 wins this year? Hilarious!

C'mon man, theres being funny and then theres being just dumb

Me? I roll with Tebow and forget Orton and draft and bring guys in around him, much like the Packers did with Rogers

Some of you are running before you even know how to walk..

baja
08-31-2011, 12:15 PM

<b>I was a Bronco when you were being spoon feed</b>

Doom will no doubt help bring pressue on passing downs, but unlike the majority here that ooze homerism I dont mind calling things the way they are

I'm okay watching this team put the pieces back together after Josh ****ed it all up..

I'm okay with all this

Me? I roll with Tebow and forget Orton and draft and bring guys in around him, much like the Packers did with Rogers

That's no big deal, Spider is still being spoon fed. ;D

Cito Pelon
08-31-2011, 12:21 PM

I'm okay watching this team put the pieces back together after Josh ****ed it all up..

I'm okay with all this

Or Chefing before they know how to spoon. That's Tebow's problem.

Spider
08-31-2011, 12:24 PM

I'm okay with all this

LOL been a fan since 1972 ....... who said 11 wins ? I clearly said 10-6 wild card spot , not once did I mention winning a play off game . there is reading , then there is reading and understanding what you read ........ Just saying

Peoples Champ
08-31-2011, 12:40 PM
We got a chance if we start off 3-0

yes that is huge, its a must if we want to have anything of a season.

orange 4 life
08-31-2011, 03:08 PM
1) Better coach, by far.
2) Dumervil is back, huge different.
3) Von Miller looks awesome, add with #2 above and you got Ron Jeremy Cock Size difference.
4) Offensive line healthy otu of the gate.
5) Run game looks dramatically improved.

From what I can see, the only thing the team didn't really address as far as deficiencies last year was the run defense. This may or may not be a problem, it's really difficult to tell right now.

AND, its a new season and every teams fans across the country are SUPPOSED to be ****ing optimistic at this time of year.

And #4 and #5 should lead to a DRAMATIC improvement in the red zone.
While the blind Tebow fans love to blame the red zone woes on Orton OBVIOUSLY it was primarily due to the playcalling and lack of a running attack.

If we can stay relatively healthy we should be VASTLY improved (for all the reasons you mentioned) and that should translate to Orton and Lloyd actually improving an already impressive duo. If the preseason is any indicator we'll be much improved inside the 20's and even the most ardent Orton haters will acknowledge that he was very good between the 20's.
Definitely reason to be optimistic.

orange 4 life
08-31-2011, 03:18 PM

I'm okay with all this

Maybe you should smoke less of your namesake and you'll make more sense. ;)

Like Spidey I go back to the 70's and like Spidey I think 10-6 is entirely possible and it's likely if we stay relatively healthy.

As for your final comments I'm glad it's not you making decisions.
Tebow is NOTHING like Rodgers. All you people comparing Tebow to Elway, Rodgers, etc. are being ridiculous.
You see those other guys were EXPECTED to be solid NFL qb's.
Tebow was thought to be a project by everyone and only McMoron would've drafted him in the first round. You do realize the rest of the league laughed at that pick right?

As for going forward why would you want to play a QB that's CLEARLY not the best on the roster? Do you want to lose?

Bottom line is Fox and Elway would've LOVED it if Tebow had come into camp and taken the starting job.
Fact is it just didn't happen that way. Between practice and games Tebow has played to the #3 so I don't see why you'd want to throw him to the wolves.
Build around Orton as we have this off season.
Tebow will keep learning and he'll get another shot next year. If he takes the job (they'll make him earn it so I don't see it happening but given his athleticism and attitude it's possible) then he's our future. As of now the future is this season and we have a chance to turn some heads.

Spider
08-31-2011, 03:50 PM
Build around Orton as we have this off season.
Tebow will keep learning and he'll get another shot next year. If he takes the job (they'll make him earn it so I don't see it happening but given his athleticism and attitude it's possible) then he's our future. As of now the future is this season and we have a chance to turn some heads.

Bang . right there , but you cant get Tebownites and Teboners to understand this .....Tebow does have the right mentality and the athleticism to succeed , why not let him sit and learn ......

baja
08-31-2011, 03:57 PM
Bang . right there , but you cant get Tebownites and Teboners to understand this .....Tebow does have the right mentality and the athleticism to succeed , why not let him sit and learn ......

What are you haulin in your avatar.

Spider
08-31-2011, 03:58 PM
What are you haulin in your avatar.

Jesus Juice ;) . actually it is class 3 oil field waste

Rock Chalk
08-31-2011, 03:59 PM
Jesus Juice ;) . actually it is class 3 oil field waste

Cleaned out baja's ass again i see.

Chronic
08-31-2011, 04:03 PM
Maybe you should smoke less of your namesake and you'll make more sense. ;)

Like Spidey I go back to the 70's and like Spidey I think 10-6 is entirely possible and it's likely if we stay relatively healthy.

You are aware we won 4 games last year?

You are aware we got blown out in a couple of those games right

You honestly belive Von Miller is gonna win us 6 games because we drafted him?

Seriously?

C'mon man, we'll be lucky to finish .500

I'll be okay with 7-9 or 8-8. I just want to see improvement in this team

We'll find out in 12 days tho'

Raiders run game is sick, and they could easily embarass us in national TV again

Rock Chalk
08-31-2011, 04:13 PM
You are aware we won 4 games last year?

You are aware we got blown out in a couple of those games right

You honestly belive Von Miller is gonna win us 6 games because we drafted him?

Seriously?

C'mon man, we'll be lucky to finish .500

I'll be okay with 7-9 or 8-8. I just want to see improvement in this team

We'll find out in 12 days tho'

Raiders run game is sick, and they could easily embarass us in national TV again

Von Miller no. Von Miller + Dumervile + Smart Defensive Minded coach + fully healthy offensive line + improved run game? Yes.

Spider
08-31-2011, 04:16 PM
Von Miller no. Von Miller + Dumervile + Smart Defensive Minded coach + fully healthy offensive line + improved run game? Yes.

^5 .....stoked for the season , love a good defense ..... I also think McGahee will be the tough runner we need to move the chains ..... wont be pretty but effective

baja
08-31-2011, 04:19 PM
Cleaned out baja's ass again i see.

No He's union and wouldn't scab the job from you.

besides his union doesn't allow straws for this work

Rock Chalk
08-31-2011, 04:25 PM
No He's union and wouldn't scab the job from you.

besides his union doesn't allow straws for this work

Nothing against Spider but he couldn't scab my job even if unions were allowed.

baja
08-31-2011, 04:33 PM
Nothing against Spider but he couldn't scab my job even if unions were allowed.

true I know you are devoted to sucking my ass.

Rock Chalk
08-31-2011, 04:34 PM
true I know you are devoted to sucking my ass.

Wait, what?

Dedhed
08-31-2011, 04:40 PM
well not going to bring up win loss , it is clear McDouche lost control of the team , I dont get your hatred for Orton , maybe he banged someone close to you , then took pics and posted em on the internet , I dont know dont care , that hatred you have is for you to deal with , I will respectfully ask your monkey ass not to bring it to me .......... Thanks in advance , your bestest buddy evah .spider

My hate for Orton stems from the fact that he does nothing positive for the future of the Broncos.

Rock Chalk
08-31-2011, 04:41 PM
My hate for Orton stems from the fact that he does nothing positive for the future of the Broncos.

Bwahahahahahahaha.

The future is a crapshoot good buddy. And by good buddy I really mean douche nozzle.

Orton brings positives to week 1, thats all I care about at this point in time.

Teblow does not.

Spider
08-31-2011, 04:42 PM

Alrighty then , your hatred is noted . now if you will excuse me I have to clean out Baja ass and scab Rocks job , so as you can see I am a lil busy here

Rock Chalk
08-31-2011, 04:43 PM
Alrighty then , your hatred is noted . now if you will excuse me I have to clean out Baja ass and scab Rocks job , so as you can see I am a lil busy here

Just awesome.

Dedhed
08-31-2011, 04:54 PM
Bwahahahahahahaha.

The future is a crapshoot good buddy. And by good buddy I really mean douche nozzle.

Orton brings positives to week 1, thats all I care about at this point in time.

Teblow does not.

By positives do you mean like the 13 points he put up in a loss in week 14, or the 6 p[oints he put up against the mighty Chiefs in a loss in week 13?

Are those the types of effort you hope he brings to week 1?

Dedhed
08-31-2011, 04:56 PM
And your ignorance is noted as well.

vancejohnson82
08-31-2011, 04:59 PM

I'm okay with all this

Me? I roll with Tebow and forget Orton and draft and bring guys in around him, much like the Packers did with RogersSome of you are running before you even know how to walk..

ummmmm.......what?????

how long did it take Rodgers to get the keys to the car? please learn what you are talking about before posting

7 posts in and you've already Absolut Emburracced yourself

Spider
08-31-2011, 05:00 PM
And your ignorance is noted as well.

im hurt , gonna need a minute here ............. Ok all better ...go **** yourself you idiot ........ Seriously do you have to **** up every thread with your I hate Orton bull**** ? Do you really think people want to read that **** ? Your pinnin your hopes on nothing right now , I know you know more about Football then Elway , Fox , Bowlen etc ...... But right now they are drawing the Pay check , meanwhile you are posting on a message board inbetween zit popping ..... By all means haul your Monkey ass down to Dove valley and biatch there .......god speed to you penis noggin

Dedhed
08-31-2011, 05:50 PM
im hurt , gonna need a minute here ............. Ok all better ...go **** yourself you idiot ........ Seriously do you have to **** up every thread with your I hate Orton bull**** ? Do you really think people want to read that **** ? Your pinnin your hopes on nothing right now , I know you know more about Football then Elway , Fox , Bowlen etc ...... But right now they are drawing the Pay check , meanwhile you are posting on a message board inbetween zit popping ..... By all means haul your Monkey ass down to Dove valley and biatch there .......god speed to you penis noggin

Do you have trouble expressing yourself without resorting to rage, insulting, sexual slander, and malapropisms?

DBroncos4life
08-31-2011, 05:59 PM
Do you have trouble expressing yourself without resorting to rage, insulting, sexual slander, and malapropisms?

I googled it and all of those things are brought up by Bitching-about-Orton-in-every-threaditis.

Spider
08-31-2011, 06:09 PM

I learned along time ago , dont reason with idiots ........ Insult em less headaches .......

Spider
08-31-2011, 06:09 PM
I googled it and all of those things are brought up by b****ing-about-Orton-in-every-threaditis.

LOL

Chronic
08-31-2011, 06:55 PM
ummmmm.......what?????

how long did it take Rodgers to get the keys to the car? please learn what you are talking about before posting

7 posts in and you've already Absolut Emburracced yourself

Hey Mr Wizard

2 goofy plays and we win 6 games in 2009 instead of 8

We won 4 games last year

Kyle Orton is 12-20 as a starter, and a nut hair away from a 10-22 record

Now I understand your expectations are low-

But I'm looking for something a little bit better sweetheart

vancejohnson82
08-31-2011, 07:01 PM
Hey Mr Wizard

We won 4 games last year

again....a post that makes very little sense

you don't answer the question I posed....then come up with hypothetical results to a season two years ago.

Two fluke plays (the Jets PI and the 49ers flea flicker callback on a phantom hold) and we win 6 games last year instead of 4. Isnt that a fun game!!!

answer the question...be relevant...know your facts....rinse and repeat

you could have the ability to be a good poster if you follow that strategy

sweetheart

Spider
08-31-2011, 07:22 PM

you don't answer the question I posed....then come up with hypothetical results to a season two years ago.

Two fluke plays (the Jets PI and the 49ers flea flicker callback on a phantom hold) and we win 6 games last year instead of 4. Isnt that a fun game!!!

sweetheart
Snap !!!

ZONA
08-31-2011, 08:12 PM
Well there is no doubt the defense will be much improved. They'll keep us in some games that were were not in last year.

However, this team will only go as far as the running game takes us. Orton isn't bad but he's not great. He'll have some nice series and get some TD's but there will be series where he takes a sack, we have penalties, and the run game doesn't provide enough umph. And again, IMO I think we have a pretty tough schedule. I'll go with 7-9 from what I've seen so far.

enjolras
08-31-2011, 08:22 PM

Well played:) This line of reasoning really hurts my brain, as apparently 100% of our win/loss record is on the QB. Tebow was 1-2 himself.

DENVERDUI55
08-31-2011, 09:08 PM
Hey Mr Wizard

We won 4 games last year

Not that I think Denver will sniff 10 games but there isn't a team in the league that can't say 2 plays would of resulted in different results.

Chronic
09-01-2011, 05:14 AM
You're suppose to get better not worse

Orton won 4 games.. Cuartro, Four.. FORE!!!!

You guys keep keeping your expectations low.. You'll never get that paperhat off of your head when you clock in..

Spider
09-01-2011, 07:03 AM

You guys keep keeping your expectations low.. You'll never get that paperhat off of your head when you clock in..

now your just babbling like a fool

vancejohnson82
09-01-2011, 08:46 AM

Now I'm having trouble even reading your posts...

Are you the guy from Nigeria who keeps sending me emails about the fortune he inherited?

strafen
09-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Please, a little more respect for pre-season super-star Kyle "mother****in' Orton!

ppablo
09-01-2011, 08:50 AM
I'm going with 9-7 with Doom and Von improving the D big time! I hope Orton can win more than 4 games in a season!

Mile High Mojoe
09-01-2011, 09:02 AM
Love the optimism but not a chance, 6-10 is more like it. 8-8 would be a great season for this team.

crawdad
09-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Love the optimism but not a chance, 6-10 is more like it. 8-8 would be a great season for this team.

Stop being a wet blanket! Positive attitudes work well, try it!

Mile High Mojoe
09-01-2011, 09:15 AM
Stop being a wet blanket! Positive attitudes work well, try it!I hope for the best but I'm setting my expectations low because there's been to many changes in a short time to think of 10-6 season. The D will improve but I still believe offensively the Broncos have a long long way to go.

crawdad
09-01-2011, 09:19 AM
Well, that is certainly better than "no way". Stay positive.

vancejohnson82
09-01-2011, 09:26 AM
We are BOSSING this year

Spider
09-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Please, a little more respect for pre-season super-star Kyle "mother****in' Orton!

no one is calling Orton a super star , But Dayum he isnt the destroyer of all life as we know it either ....... Orton is good , he isnt outstanding , but he can get the job done

OABB
09-01-2011, 09:46 AM

just finally watched the first half of the seattle game. wow....I cant believe how much hate orton doesnt get. int, 16 yard sack. three and outs. only seven points scored with a dominant d....the 3 points allowed was off his terrible t.o.....that means we were only plus four after 30 mins of football with a dominant d.

thats not gonna get us to 10 wins... 25 ppg would be better with this d.
if only we had a qb who could do that...

Beantown Bronco
09-01-2011, 09:58 AM
just finally watched the first half of the seattle game. wow....I cant believe how much hate orton doesnt get. int, 16 yard sack. three and outs. only seven points scored with a dominant d....the 3 points allowed was off his terrible t.o.....that means we were only plus four after 30 mins of football with a dominant d..

Not to nitpick, but it was 10-3 at the half, so they were plus seven, not plus four.

ScottXray
09-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Nice call Spider, but like some others I don't think we can get to 10-6 this year, unless we get very lucky on the offense injury front and Orton doesn't lock in on Lloyd as much, and the Defense can stay completely healthy.
I have no problem with Orton starting...he is the best option right now. He can't carry the team, but he had a deck loaded against him last year with no run game and a crap O-line, and the league worst defense. But if he hasn't got us at over .500 after 10 games then we need to see what Tebow (or maybe Quinn) have in the tank so the year isn't wasted on determining if we have a QBOTF.

I do think that we will surprise some people early on, and we should start hot.
If that can be maintained is the question, because of our lack of depth. Run game and Defense should show major improvements, and Decker and Royal and the TE's need to be more involved in the pass attack for us to get over 8 wins, which is where I question Ortons play.

I think 8-8 is likely if we have a few (relatively) minor injuries to key players. Lose anyone major for a good stretch and our chances go down..

Edit is Post Az game.....Quinn....NOOOOOOOO! keep Webber and cut Q.

Some injuries tonight and ALL the reserves we have were just awful...
Depth is gonna kill any chance at >7 or 8 wins.

Spider
09-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Nice call Spider, but like some others I don't think we can get to 10-6 this year, unless we get very lucky on the offense injury front and Orton doesn't lock in on Lloyd as much, and the Defense can stay completely healthy.
I have no problem with Orton starting...he is the best option right now. He can't carry the team, but he had a deck loaded against him last year with no run game and a crap O-line, and the league worst defense. But if he hasn't got us at over .500 after 10 games then we need to see what Tebow (or maybe Quinn) have in the tank so the year isn't wasted on determining if we have a QBOTF.

I do think that we will surprise some people early on, and we should start hot.
If that can be maintained is the question, because of our lack of depth. Run game and Defense should show major improvements, and Decker and Royal and the TE's need to be more involved in the pass attack for us to get over 8 wins, which is where I question Ortons play.

I think 8-8 is likely if we have a few (relatively) minor injuries to key players. Lose anyone major for a good stretch and our chances go down..
:thumbsup:
well alot of problems last year was 3 rd downs , converting and stopping other teams , we drafted some fast line backers with size , no more midgets , and McGahee we turn more 3 rd downs into first downs for us and 4 th downs for the other guys ...Fox did alot this offseason to address this problem

OABB
09-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Not to nitpick, but it was 10-3 at the half, so they were plus seven, not plus four.

oh ****. still the point stands imho.

Punisher
09-01-2011, 03:55 PM
What does that have to do with football?

Alot

vancejohnson82
09-01-2011, 05:15 PM
just finally watched the first half of the seattle game. wow....I cant believe how much hate orton doesnt get. int, 16 yard sack. three and outs. only seven points scored with a dominant d....the 3 points allowed was off his terrible t.o.....that means we were only plus four after 30 mins of football with a dominant d.

thats not gonna get us to 10 wins... 25 ppg would be better with this d.
if only we had a qb who could do that...

what the hell have you been reading on here

thats all he gets