PDA

View Full Version : Madden '12

supermanhr9
08-30-2011, 11:55 AM
Didn't see a Madden thread yet, apologies if there was and I missed it.

So Just started up my franchise as our beloved Donkeys, and played the first preseason game.... Man, Tebow is one inaccurate passer as I have ever seen in Madden. Unless those feet are settled, you're guaranteed to sail one out. DOOM and Von are great though.

It looks to me as the game made a lot of improvements, but why they felt the need to change the kick meter is beyond me..... the new one is horrible.

Anyone else get a game in yet?

enjolras
08-30-2011, 11:59 AM
Didn't see a Madden thread yet, apologies if there was and I missed it.

So Just started up my franchise as our beloved Donkeys, and played the first preseason game.... Man, Tebow is one inaccurate passer as I have ever seen in Madden. Unless those feet are settled, you're guaranteed to sail one out. DOOM and Von are great though.

It looks to me as the game made a lot of improvements, but why they felt the need to change the kick meter is beyond me..... the new one is horrible.

Anyone else get a game in yet?

Did you really type.... donkeys?

>:'(>:'(>:'(

RhymesayersDU
08-30-2011, 12:16 PM
I'll be getting it as soon as I leave the office.

If anybody wants to play on Live let me know, I'm usually the Broncos (surprise) but am willing to play as another team.

supermanhr9
08-30-2011, 12:18 PM
Did you really type.... donkeys?

>:'(>:'(>:'(

Yup

Man-Goblin
08-30-2011, 12:19 PM
Hearing the Eagles are ridiculous in that game. Kinda looking forward to all the changes in Madden.

But I have yet to take the beloved Buffaloes to a national championship in NCAA, so Madden must wait.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-30-2011, 12:22 PM
Hearing the Eagles are ridiculous in that game. Kinda looking forward to all the changes in Madden.

But I have yet to take the beloved Buffaloes to a national championship in NCAA, so Madden must wait.

do you have NCAA 12? How is it?

RhymesayersDU
08-30-2011, 12:23 PM

I don't even know that I'll accept any games against the Eagles. I mean, they were ridiculous last year, at least in terms of being able to abuse the system.

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 12:56 PM
I don't play vs certain teams Online. Eagles being one of them.

Broncos are actually serviceable in the game.

2 QB System with Orton/Tebow. I'm still seeing how VON DOOM works as a pass rush, and if our D will be decent.

I finished my Madden 11 Career with like 5.3 points allowed per game, so I assume it could only be better.

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 12:59 PM
Btw, some Sneaky good players Denver has: Both Rookie TE's are my starters, and Quinn (to be competitive) is still playing for me as a FB.

The 2 TE Singleback Set with "Smash" in it, is NASTY for Denver with 2 fast TE's.

Man-Goblin
08-30-2011, 12:59 PM
do you have NCAA 12? How is it?

It's simply awesome. Best football game I've ever played. Haven't played online yet, though.

bowtown
08-30-2011, 01:00 PM
I heard they had to call it Madden 05 this year because the RB on the box couldn't count all the way to 12.

DHallblows
08-30-2011, 01:08 PM
I heard they had to call it Madden 05 this year because the RB on the box couldn't count all the way to 12.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/43/ICEE_what_you_did_there.jpg

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 01:09 PM
Rahim Moore is a stud. Franklin is a stud. Miller is a superstud, and probably will go up (btw, I haven't gotten the first update yet, my internet gets set up in hours)

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 01:11 PM
However, watchout, because Champ still is rated high, but is mediocre and gets absolutely owned by DHB and Jacoby Ford.

But it is MADDEN after all... So getting ****ed raw is expected.

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 01:20 PM
They also made 1 cut running awesome. Holes seem to open up at different places (like in real life) and you gotta make YOUR cut, not just go to the same spot every time.

Also throwing mechanics are greatly improved. If you're scrambling around you can't just launch a bomb instantly.

srphoenix
08-30-2011, 01:24 PM
They also made 1 cut running awesome. Holes seem to open up at different places (like in real life) and you gotta make YOUR cut, not just go to the same spot every time.

Also throwing mechanics are greatly improved. If you're scrambling around you can't just launch a bomb instantly.

this is what I'm most excited for, I used to love running the ball in madden but ever since they made the new engine for the 360 and ps3 its been all but impossible except for a few select plays and I hate calling the same few plays over and over again.

Pontius Pirate
08-30-2011, 01:29 PM
I got the limited edition which comes with an autographed Marshall Faulk card for some reason.

I like that this years version allows you to integrate your fantasy football to your Madden playing (if you use NFL.com for fantasy). So basically you can watch your fantasy scores on Sunday while playing Madden....I guess.

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 01:31 PM
this is what I'm most excited for, I used to love running the ball in madden but ever since they made the new engine for the 360 and ps3 its been all but impossible except for a few select plays and I hate calling the same few plays over and over again.

Running is practical but still not nearly as effective. You totally can grind it out though with Moreno. He's a bit slow though, but he sheds tackles well.

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 01:34 PM
Custom Playbooks ROCKS. However it doesn't like fall into the other plays I.E. I have 3 "formations" of nickels... Really annoying.

Los Broncos
08-30-2011, 02:22 PM
I should be on playing tonight, Xbox GT ocking72

Chris
08-30-2011, 02:27 PM
more firsthand updates doggcow.

DarkHorse
08-30-2011, 02:31 PM
It's simply awesome. Best football game I've ever played. Haven't played online yet, though.

Agree.

I don't play online at all - offline franchise for me all the way. I'm gonna pickup Madden 12 in a week or 2 after they put up the first patch. Gives me time to get a draft class ready in NCAA 12

supermanhr9
08-30-2011, 02:41 PM
Its a good game from what I could tell... but we'll see.

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 02:45 PM
It's much improved from last year. You can't scramble and throw accurately really anymore. Long passes require windups depending on your QB (TEBOW TAKES FOR ****ING EVER).

Ive been getting sacked a lot going for deep balls that I used to be able to get because of the arcade nature.

The Sim part of the game is WAY better. Dline plays like they should, ends contain decently, corners come up and play the run/qb scramble, from what I've seen.

I have to get used to playing less arcade-y for sure. My playbook is changing to much more conservative single-back sets.

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 02:46 PM
Also the "momentum" factor is kinda cool. Whenever I'm down on momentum I just switch to some power running and try and regain it with a blitz or two, play conservative.

Flex Gunmetal
08-30-2011, 02:47 PM
Broncos out the box are an 82. After the update they're an 81. Main difference I noticed was Moore and Decker go up.

They call Tebow #15, tho. It's ridiculous. Champ is unstoppable. Miller's a monster.

For franchise they have player roles which affect on field performance. Dawkins is a team mentor, making all safetys more aware. Champ is a shutdown corner. Tebow is a Playmaker or Gamechanger I think, he plays better on 3rd down and in the 4th. Bunkley is an underachiever, can't remember what that does.
Miller+Doom are pass rushers, Miller is also a Future Star. Can't remember the effects of those roles.

Still haven't had a flag on a rough hit, but Dawkins put out DHB and Mays injured DMC, both for the remainder of the game.
So far it looks better, but gameplay is relatively unchanged IMO.

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Sucks that it doesn't show records in matchmaking anymore, I expect to lose quite a few games to cheesers (since I wont be able to tell who they are)

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Btw I'm Doggcow on XBox Live. Hit me up!

Flex Gunmetal
08-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Sucks that it doesn't show records in matchmaking anymore, I expect to lose quite a few games to cheesers (since I wont be able to tell who they are)

Wow that's incredibly lame.

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Broncos out the box are an 82. After the update they're an 81. Main difference I noticed was Moore and Decker go up.

They call Tebow #15, tho. It's ridiculous. Champ is unstoppable. Miller's a monster.

For franchise they have player roles which affect on field performance. Dawkins is a team mentor, making all safetys more aware. Champ is a shutdown corner. Tebow is a Playmaker or Gamechanger I think, he plays better on 3rd down and in the 4th. Bunkley is an underachiever, can't remember what that does.
Miller+Doom are pass rushers, Miller is also a Future Star. Can't remember the effects of those roles.

Still haven't had a flag on a rough hit, but Dawkins put out DHB and Mays injured DMC, both for the remainder of the game.
So far it looks better, but gameplay is relatively unchanged IMO.

If you like hits, Quinton Carter can lay some wood too, 92 HIT POWAH, I'm very close to playing him over Dawkins. He always plays in the box for me. (Dawkins is still faster and better in man for some reason)

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 02:56 PM
I found a pretty nasty 2-4-5 Nickel setup vs passes. Looks like this

Goodman CB - Cox CB - Moore FS - Dawkins SS - Champ CB
-------------Mays MLB ----- Williams MLB ----------------
------Miller R-OLB Veikune DT Ayers LDE Doom L-OLB------

Doom and Miller are lined up off the LOS as LB's, and they seal off edge runs like nothing. The weakness here obviously is up the middle, which you can put in Ronald Fields for if you need it as he is RUN STOPPING tendency hogger, but it seems Veikune gets in a decent amount so I was using him for passing plays and not worrying about shuffling for runs in this package.

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 02:57 PM
Wow that's incredibly lame.

Yeah, whatever though. I just quit games where people cheat. It doesn't affect the rest of my day other than wasting the 5 mins, lol

Flex Gunmetal
08-30-2011, 03:00 PM
You'd think the eagles would be stoppable if you keep Von/DJ on a spy. Have you quit a few games yet?

enjolras
08-30-2011, 03:07 PM
The cutback running is crazy fun

TDmvp
08-30-2011, 03:13 PM

Lame .... reason 4002 why I stopped playing online... Besides it was turning me into a Nazi.

I used to go around and look for the cheesers and just hand them their @$$.

I used to love picking on people with long win streaks who played the Falcons when they had Vick. I would literally may a whole day out of beating the Falcons over and over.

Everyone who used Vick back then would just go 5 wide and either look to take of with Vick or throw it deep. When Denver had Champ , Darrent , and Foxworth and Payma (spelling) they had so much speed you was set up perfect to stop Vick...

Dime blitz that sent the two inside corners one from each side. and literally as the ball got to them in shot gun you was standing right there for the sack.

And it was good times . But every year I'd figure out what was vogue that year and what stopped it ... Last year I played online I was 852 wins and 56 losses. But i would get mean and hitler like and no one wanted to be around me when I played so I retired LOL ...

Back before you could play it online I would have charts and graphs and what beat what like paper rock scissors . My girlfriend when we met in like 94 was like you are like the Rain Man of Madden LOL ... and when it went online finally it was ON !!!! ... till it became pointless...

I Punt every 4th down , never run the same play over and over , never onside unless it's the 4th Q , and always take FGs when you should and it just hard to find anyone else to play who actually plays in a way that looks like real football ... so i hung it up :)

Chris
08-30-2011, 03:20 PM
852 wins and 56 losses.

How do you find the time man? I struggle to get in a game a week.

supermanhr9
08-30-2011, 03:43 PM
I hate when you get a guy who goes for it on every 4th down.... bugs me. That's not football, that's arcade "Blitz" style.

I don't go hunting online matches, i just play my friends and do offline and it keeps me sane.

TDmvp
08-30-2011, 03:53 PM
How do you find the time man? I struggle to get in a game a week.

It got to the point where I was getting tons of wins from people turning it off in the middle of games . They would see cheese didn't work vs me and just turn it off.

But I was playing it tons and have no job and no life LOL .... I was totally addicted. But my girlfriend and friends wouldn't even come around me when I was playing cause it made me mean heheh ... Hence the retirement. Hilarious!

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 04:11 PM
You'd think the eagles would be stoppable if you keep Von/DJ on a spy. Have you quit a few games yet?

One game played. 34-9 (he got a 98yd td run in garbage time from Madden buffs) and I missed an XP because of lag lol...

I usually move DJ/Von/Doom around like crazy, some formations Von is a MLB for me, some a RDE some a LDE, L-OLB, R-OLB, I even lined him up as a Nickel corner for a blitz (that was really filthy actually) sometimes I have both of them coming off the edges and DJ at Mike. I'm having tons of scheming fun with these guys.

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 04:12 PM
I hate when you get a guy who goes for it on every 4th down.... bugs me. That's not football, that's arcade "Blitz" style.

I don't go hunting online matches, i just play my friends and do offline and it keeps me sane.

I don't have enough friends to play. Plus it seems like one person generally elevates themself above the rest, and they're just flat out better...

Or it gets redundant. :(

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 04:15 PM
One thing I've noticed is Elite QB's really are Elite now, like holy wow. You just can't compete with them if you don't have one.

Punisher
08-30-2011, 04:19 PM
I found a pretty nasty 2-4-5 Nickel setup vs passes. Looks like this

Goodman CB - Cox CB - Moore FS - Dawkins SS - Champ CB
------Miller R-OLB Veikune DT Ayers LDE Doom L-OLB------

Doom and Miller are lined up off the LOS as LB's, and they seal off edge runs like nothing. The weakness here obviously is up the middle, which you can put in Ronald Fields for if you need it as he is RUN STOPPING tendency hogger, but it seems Veikune gets in a decent amount so I was using him for passing plays and not worrying about shuffling for runs in this package.

Nice

TDmvp
08-30-2011, 04:22 PM
One game played. 34-9 (he got a 98yd td run in garbage time from Madden buffs) and I missed an XP because of lag lol...

I usually move DJ/Von/Doom around like crazy, some formations Von is a MLB for me, some a RDE some a LDE, L-OLB, R-OLB, I even lined him up as a Nickel corner for a blitz (that was really filthy actually) sometimes I have both of them coming off the edges and DJ at Mike. I'm having tons of scheming fun with these guys.

People actually used to cause the game to lag when you was attempting fg's and even just to be dic#s if they was losing by messing with their router.

Hearing you all talk about the game is giving me the shakes tho hehe ...
Try Dime and quads that have the wrs in man coverage but also blitzs and always be the MLb to spy middle vs Vick.

I about always would call plays that had the wr's man covered and MLB in zone coverage with no real responsibly so I could run around and cover peoples money plays and I'd rarely blitz unless it's a running qb.

That was my game plan on D... No deep balls and I cover the money routes myself. If you score it's taking 10 plays or more , and typically people online want to hit home runs and making them chip away at you they would finally make a boo boo.

But MLB in zone so you can stop the money routes with you playing him and Dbs in man is a must. Yea definitely a must (in rain man voice) Hilarious!

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 04:23 PM
A modification to my previous one. KEEP THAT GAME PLAN CHANGING!

Goodman CB - Quinton Carter SS - Moore FS - Dawkins SS - Champ CB
------Miller R-OLB Ty Warren DT Ayers LDE Doom L-OLB------

This still has teeth for the outside speed rush, and Warren hoggers in the middle (and get's in surprisingly often as well) also, you put Carter at Nickel QB as he has speed and CAN ****ING BLAST a RB or someone on a slant/drag, or you can blitz him/seal the edge with him if you're having problems with a RB like McFadden or Peterson he should definitely shore up the edge.

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 04:25 PM
People actually used to cause the game to lag when you was attempting fg's and even just to be dic#s if they was losing by messing with their router.

Hearing you all talk about the game is giving me the shakes tho hehe ...
Try Dime and quads that have the wrs in man coverage but also blitzs and always be the MLb to spy middle vs Vick.

I about always would call plays that had the wr's man covered and MLB in zone coverage with no real responsibly so I could run around and cover peoples money plays and I'd rarely blitz unless it's a running qb.

That was my game plan on D... No deep balls and I cover the money routes myself. If you score it's taking 10 plays or more , and typically people online want to hit home runs and making them chip away at you they would finally make a boo boo.

But MLB in zone so you can stop the money routes with you playing him and Dbs in man is a must. Yea definitely a must (in rain man voice) Hilarious!

The broncos have been so weak the past few years that I've become very aggressive going for Sacks and Picks and sacrificing big plays. My D was always really stout. If I got that 1st down Sack it was a punt or 4th down turnover every time.

Denver was so slow that covering fast WR's was impossible last year.

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 04:35 PM
Btw the dual QB sets of Tebow for Deep Passes/Scrambles and Orton for everything else... Nasty.

TDmvp
08-30-2011, 04:38 PM
The broncos have been so weak the past few years that I've become very aggressive going for Sacks and Picks and sacrificing big plays. My D was always really stout. If I got that 1st down Sack it was a punt or 4th down turnover every time.

Denver was so slow that covering fast WR's was impossible last year.

Yea I bet our Db would be totally annoying to play online with the last few years... With all the crap safeties we've had I can see it being a nightmare if they was to get a wr 1on1.

I about always called plays that had even number of wrs to db going by the formation they chose preplay ... And I should EDIT what i said earlier ...

I WOULD ALWAYS CALL something with CBs in man Safeties and MLB in zone .... It gets you sorta a double team over the top to help stop deep balls and you are free as mlb to run around and stop money plays.

Like vs a base 2wr 2back 1te set De contain is one play off the top of my head in base 4/3 that has the look im talking about.

http://www.maddentips.com/bootcamp07/10-02-06%20DE%20Contain/DE-Contain.jpg

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 04:40 PM
Yea I bet our Db would be totally annoying to play online with the last few years... With all the crap safeties we've had I can see it being a nightmare if they was to get a wr 1on1.

I about always called plays that had even number of wrs to db going by the formation they chose preplay ... And I should EDIT what i said earlier ...

I WOULD ALWAYS CALL something with CBs in man Safeties and MLB in zone .... It gets you sorta a double team over the top to help stop deep balls and you are free as mlb to run around and stop money plays.

Like vs a base 2wr 2back 1te set De contain is one play off the top of my head in base 4/3 that has the look im talking about.

Even 2 and 3v1 with no rush our secondary got annihilated.

TDmvp
08-30-2011, 04:42 PM
Even 2 and 3v1 with no rush our secondary got annihilated.

LOL yea I bet ... Online we was so a sleeper team those years we had all that youth at db with Champ.

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 04:56 PM
Im playing the Redskins now and apparently beck is a superstar...

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 04:59 PM
Well that's Madden. Beck hits 2 90yd bombs vs Champ and Moreno fumbles twice inside the 5.

TDmvp
08-30-2011, 05:00 PM
Well that's Madden. Beck hits 2 90yd bombs vs Champ and Moreno fumbles twice inside the 5.

Jeez ... /lame

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 05:06 PM
Jeez ... /lame

That's how Madden is. I went up 14-0 then every time I got in the redzone I turned it over, he beat me 17-14.

Oh and Doomervil and Williams got hurt in the 3rd Quarter, so his offense became salvageable.

Love how madden just ****ing rawdogs you sometimes.

Oh and one of them was on a 4th and 19 vs a 3 Deep Man...

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 05:21 PM
Oh and I'm never gonna kick a field goal again. Sorry. The new kicking scheme is ****ing stupid.

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 05:27 PM
Madden needs to implement these features:

Player Assignments in each Formation, so you dont have to do it during the game
Online Matchmaking "Will Not Play Vs: X" because there's no ****ing point in playing against the eagles with the Broncos... You might win one out of 20, against equal skill level if you get lucky.
Always Double Coverage in Defensive Assignments
Pre-Game Defensive Assignments vs Teams
My Top 20 Plays Playcall Menu

FireFly
08-30-2011, 05:30 PM
Does anyone know, can player earn/lose their weapon status as a result of play?

Like, could Bunkley play himself out of underachieving?
Or Miller earn underachieving?

etc.

FireFly
08-30-2011, 06:17 PM
Also, can you edit player tendencies or weapon status?

Bronx33
08-30-2011, 06:55 PM
Can vick fight dogs for really cool cleat upgrades?

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 07:08 PM
Can vick fight dogs for really cool cleat upgrades?

We enjoy Madden. You don't. Go be a ****** somewhere else.

Just means our lives are more enjoyable, as we have one more thing in them that we enjoy and you're bitter about.

tsiguy96
08-30-2011, 07:09 PM
absolutely not wasting my money on this one. they seem to get worse the more advanced they get. give me nfl 2k1 anyday, keyshaun johnson was a beast in that game.

Bronx33
08-30-2011, 07:16 PM
We enjoy Madden. You don't. Go be a ****** somewhere else.

Just means our lives are more enjoyable, as we have one more thing in them that we enjoy and you're bitter about.

easy there champ no disrespect intended just funnin around just like i usually do.

ps : i buy it every year

myMind
08-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Just saw the commercial for this game on the tv.
Thought it was funny that the only Bronco in it is Orton going fetal.

Archer81
08-30-2011, 07:49 PM
When I get some cash I think I am going to get Deus Ex 3, NCAA12 and preorder Uncharted 3, Batman: Arkham City and Mass Effect 3.

I dont see a big enough jump between Madden 11 and Madden 12 to spend $60 on it.

:Broncos:

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 07:54 PM
When I get some cash I think I am going to get Deus Ex 3, NCAA12 and preorder Uncharted 3, Batman: Arkham City and Mass Effect 3.

I dont see a big enough jump between Madden 11 and Madden 12 to spend $60 on it.

Other than it being better in every way and having updated rosters? lol

But sure, I'd rather spend money on 15-20 hours of gameplay max on uncharted when I could just rent it for $2 :P

Archer81
08-30-2011, 07:58 PM
Other than it being better in every way and having updated rosters? lol

But sure, I'd rather spend money on 15-20 hours of gameplay max on uncharted when I could just rent it for $2 :P

Examples? Graphically it does not appear to be that different. Obviously I dont know about the game mechanics or what exactly they tweaked, but are the tweaks worth 60 bucks?

And Uncharted is awesome. The day I get that game I am having an Uncharted 1-3 marathon. It will be epic.

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 07:59 PM
Examples? Graphically it does not appear to be that different. Obviously I dont know about the game mechanics or what exactly they tweaked, but are the tweaks worth 60 bucks?

And Uncharted is awesome. The day I get that game I am having an Uncharted 1-3 marathon. It will be epic.

And then you wont play them much at all ever again.

Read the thread if you want to know about the game.

Archer81
08-30-2011, 08:01 PM
And then you wont play them much at all ever again.
Read the thread if you want to know about the game.

I'm one of those gamer nerds that play his games over and over again. Thats why I buy them instead of renting them.

Anyhoo, I have read through the thread. When you first played Madden 12 what was the biggest difference that made you go whoa, that was awesome?

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 08:09 PM
BAHAHAHA Epic game

Btw Kyle Orton went 0-7 with 1 Pick
Tebow was 1-1 with 80 Yards and a TD
Knowshon / Defense did the rest...

I won 31-7, Total offense 145 Yards...

4 Interceptions 2 Forced Fumbles.

enjolras
08-30-2011, 09:41 PM
Despite the fact that the Broncos are AWFUL.. this is my favorite version of Madden in years. You can actually run the ball, gang tackling seems to work this year, and there is a lot more variation in the defensive packages.

There are some bugs for sure... one particular play I called seems to consistently call some other play entirely. In the two-minute drill the presentation keeps you from actually getting players to the line of scrimmage which is INFURIATING.

Still... love the running game above all else.

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 09:43 PM
WHO WANTS TO BALL OUT ONLINE?

Lets get to it, do it, get ruined!

Houshyamama
08-30-2011, 10:06 PM
Just picked it up. First Madden game I've bought since 07' I think. I have a lot of catching up to do. I'm down to play online with any of you, just know it won't be much of a challenge for you :)

What's the online community like?

vonqkilla
08-30-2011, 10:07 PM
I have it on ps3

Tebowelway is my id

hookemhess
08-30-2011, 10:27 PM
I'd like to play someone on the Mane. My gamertag is hookemhess.

RhymesayersDU
08-30-2011, 10:31 PM
Played a horrible game online tonight, lost in OT. But this game is cool, highly enjoying.

maher_tyler
08-30-2011, 10:46 PM
Best Madden since 05! No more getting sucked into tackles. Running the ball is the best its been since PS2. Cutting back is pretty cool..you actually got find the hole then hit the turbo. Everything is more realistic than its ever been. Only thing I don't like is the kicking..the should have left it the way it was. I think they switched it back so its not as easy to time kicks. If you hold X when the bar swings back down for the accuracy part of the kick, your kicker won't kick it until you let go. Also, seems like guys freeze up on draw plays. Was playing a friend and some random guy and this happened. Both picked up 15yards or more. Overall, it seems to be worth the money for once!

Orange&BlueMohawk
08-31-2011, 12:11 AM
I saw a commercial for Madden 2012. It is the commercial where it is talking about how the guy's best friend wont stop doing the replays. Then the guy throws it back in his face.

Anyway, when they show the actual game, they start with Eagles vs the Redskins, Vick doing a fake handoff.

The next "game" is the Broncos. Kyle Orton getting sacked.

I take this one of two ways. Either that's what EA Sports thinks of the Broncos or they like seeing Orton getting sacked every time their commercial airs.

I will stick with the latter. Maybe because I am an a**hole.

Flex Gunmetal
08-31-2011, 09:04 AM
Something I've noticed, when I was playing franchise on Pro, I blew out everyone and avg'd 15 ypc, 225 yards on the ground and 2-3 rushing TDs a game. I destroyed the Packers by 42 points.
I put it on all pro and I've yet to breach 40 yards rushing. Same old madden.

kdissette
08-31-2011, 09:11 AM
the sugar blitz is money for miller and doom. its in the nickel package...and yeah champ for some reason is slow....julius is a beast

Drek
08-31-2011, 09:23 AM

Madden 12 has...

Gameplay Upgrades
superior gang tackling animations
removed super jump catches for WRs
far less vacuum blocking
man v. man blocking on the OL that creates realistic gaps between the line
significant improvement in zone defense
player specific style traits like "big hitter", "aggressive in coverage", etc.

Visual Upgrades
Similar to the dumps received in NCAA 2012, though NCAA 2011 was better looking than Madden 2011, so the difference is bigger here.

Franchise Upgrades
massively overhauled new FA system that uses a bidding process
can now trade two years ahead on draft picks
player specific traits play a large role in franchise mode
improvement seems far more balanced
Opposing AI that won't draft a new "franchise" QB every single year, or draft a scrambling QB and still try to run a pocket focused offense that fails to make use of the scrambler's abilities

I could go on. Tiburon even admitted that Madden 2011 was a "get me over" year for them while they tore down and completely rebuilt franchise mode. Meanwhile they've combined with the NCAA team to make some big gameplay steps that make it a far more enjoyable playing experience.

NCAA 2011 was great and Madden 2011 was ****. NCAA 2012 is great but it is VERY similar to NCAA 2012 (its a good formula, so no need to shake it up too much). Madden 2012 is at least as big a step forward for Madden as NCAA 2011 was for NCAA.

broncs2bowl
08-31-2011, 09:59 AM
Julius Thomas is amazing and Lloyd is burned Revis play after play ;)

Chris
08-31-2011, 10:14 AM
Do they have any Lloyd celebrations? The skipping? The ball spin?

His jump stat must be insane.

Quoydogs
08-31-2011, 11:01 AM
Have to pick it up tonight but I got my Projector set up last night and I have to say 8 foot tall Madden is awesome but so much harder. You have to turn your head to look at where you WR are and lose track of the biltzer.

DBruleU
08-31-2011, 02:02 PM
Have to pick it up tonight but I got my Projector set up last night and I have to say 8 foot tall Madden is awesome but so much harder. You have to turn your head to look at where you WR are and lose track of the biltzer.

I'm trying to convince my wife that I need a projector in the basement (Mancave). Which one did you get? I want to upgrade to a projector over my 42" plasma.

Quoydogs
08-31-2011, 02:13 PM
I'm trying to convince my wife that I need a projector in the basement (Mancave). Which one did you get? I want to upgrade to a projector over my 42" plasma.

I found a Yamaha on craigslist. It's only 1080I but it was in my budget for the man cave. 200 bucks. Be careful though there are a lot of scams on projectors out there. A dude on here saved my bacon. Anyways 1080I is fine I was running it a 8' in high and 10 foot in width and it was clear, zero lag time and PURE AWESOME !

Doggcow
08-31-2011, 02:21 PM
I'm one of those gamer nerds that play his games over and over again. Thats why I buy them instead of renting them.

Anyhoo, I have read through the thread. When you first played Madden 12 what was the biggest difference that made you go whoa, that was awesome?

Like I said. QB Throwing is actually SIM now, you can't just throw a rocket without loading it up.

Also RUNNING THE BALL has running lanes, and is INSANELY fun to run through them, I feel like a bad ass running people into the ground now. You can actually score long rushing touchdowns up the middle too if you cut right and follow your blocks on a good play call. You can't just use speed to get to the edge and run away from everyone as the old Maddens were.

Also tackling is cooler.

Doggcow
08-31-2011, 02:22 PM
the sugar blitz is money for miller and doom. its in the nickel package...and yeah champ for some reason is slow....julius is a beast

Julius and Green are my TE's for receiving. I use fells as my FB.

ChampBailey24
08-31-2011, 07:14 PM
I'm down to play on 360 my gamertag is edaveybaker, just shoot me a friend request

Man-Goblin
09-01-2011, 07:31 AM
Madden 12 has...

Gameplay Upgrades
superior gang tackling animations
removed super jump catches for WRs
far less vacuum blocking
man v. man blocking on the OL that creates realistic gaps between the line
significant improvement in zone defense
player specific style traits like "big hitter", "aggressive in coverage", etc.

Visual Upgrades
Similar to the dumps received in NCAA 2012, though NCAA 2011 was better looking than Madden 2011, so the difference is bigger here.

Franchise Upgrades
massively overhauled new FA system that uses a bidding process
can now trade two years ahead on draft picks
player specific traits play a large role in franchise mode
improvement seems far more balanced
Opposing AI that won't draft a new "franchise" QB every single year, or draft a scrambling QB and still try to run a pocket focused offense that fails to make use of the scrambler's abilities

I could go on. Tiburon even admitted that Madden 2011 was a "get me over" year for them while they tore down and completely rebuilt franchise mode. Meanwhile they've combined with the NCAA team to make some big gameplay steps that make it a far more enjoyable playing experience.

NCAA 2011 was great and Madden 2011 was ****. NCAA 2012 is great but it is VERY similar to NCAA 2012 (its a good formula, so no need to shake it up too much). Madden 2012 is at least as big a step forward for Madden as NCAA 2011 was for NCAA.

Good to know. I've always enjoyed playing NCAA more than Madden, but I'm really looking forward to Madden this year.

srphoenix
09-01-2011, 12:06 PM
so question for everyone, Does the OLine really matter in this game or is it like previous maddens where a bunch of 70 OVR scrubs can do just as well. I've tried experimenting with it a bit but can't really tell yet if the 90's overall are really better or if it's just all in my head.

Los Broncos
09-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Anyone else have lag issues when playing a live game?

enjolras
09-01-2011, 12:14 PM
so question for everyone, Does the OLine really matter in this game or is it like previous maddens where a bunch of 70 OVR scrubs can do just as well. I've tried experimenting with it a bit but can't really tell yet if the 90's overall are really better or if it's just all in my head.

It most DEFINITELY does, and the Broncos (by default) can't block a thing. They have Hochstein starting at RT in my offline-franchise? I finally had to do some player editing to bring Orlando up to anything reasonable.

Even then, Walton (71) is consistently killed up the middle. Couple that with the much slower QB releases (probably too slow if you ask me) and I'm getting sacked 5-8 times a game. It's incredibly frustrating.

Run blocking is much the same. Running left Clady does a good job, but Beadles is consistently swallowed up (not sure of the ratings). New and improved Franklin + Kuper is pretty reliable. I've had a lot of luck running to the left side and finding cut-back lanes to the right.

The overall realism of the game is really enhanced. The whole "zone defenses improved' thing in the list above is no lie. I can no longer call drag-route after drag-route and absolutely murder defenses as their linebackers drop 10 yards into coverage. I'm still working on coming up with a passing attack that works.

Drek
09-01-2011, 12:17 PM

I fired up a franchise last night with Denver, got through pre-season but lost Kuper and the vet I signed to start over Franklin for a few weeks due to injuries. Had to start the season with Clady, Beadles, Walton, Daniels, and Franklin on the OL if I recall.

I had basically zero time to pass, no room to run, etc.. Basically not even playable. But what you expect when I have two 60 somethings, a low 70's and a high 70's starting on my OL with Fells as my best "blocking" TE (who isn't all that standout at blocking).

So I restart the 'chise. Sign O'Hara to play C, Setterstrom to play RT. Have Walton fill in for Kuper at RG. Suddenly Moreno is breaking off 5-10 yard runs regularly, putting up a solid mid-4's YPC, and Tebow is 14/17 with three TDs at the end of the third quarter.

So yeah, the quality of your OL is a BIG difference maker this year. There is no OL wall blocking, its man on man. So if Richard Seymour is getting to roll down on Walton (who is very underrated in the game if you ask me, but he's got an A potential, so he'll come around) you're going to have up the middle pressure on you all day.

Same works for your defense though. Doom constantly folds in the Raiders' LT.

As for Von Miller strategies, I'm a big fan of the following:

1. Move him to LOLB (strong side), for some reason the game has him and DJ flipped. Miller will drop one point of overall, but it doesn't really matter and he's going to improve like a monster anyhow.

2. Sub him in as your strongside end for your nickel package.

3. Then run a ton of 4-3 under with him blitzing on 2 WR downs and go nickel on 3 WR downs with only a four man rush. Doom and Miller will make **** happen.

You'd think that Miller's small size would limit him with handling RTs, but the sheer speed difference leads to him just blowing by them so often. I damn near tackled Campbell and McFadden mid-handoff because he blew by the RT so fast, would have had 'em but I just didn't expect it and I'm super rusty.

Drek
09-01-2011, 12:25 PM
The overall realism of the game is really enhanced. The whole "zone defenses improved' thing in the list above is no lie. I can no longer call drag-route after drag-route and absolutely murder defenses as their linebackers drop 10 yards into coverage. I'm still working on coming up with a passing attack that works.

So far for the Broncos I'm really liking the Singleback>Ace formation. Royal and Lloyd at WR, Moreno alone in the backfield, Thomas and Fells at TE.

Fells basically always stays in to block for me. I'm considering a 6th OL to take his place in that package actually, though I'd prefer it to be one who can kinda catch. Julius Thomas is a beast over the middle. He goes after the ball on shorter routes and is a real threat if you have him send him straight up the seam and throw a bomb to him. Lloyd is very good too, I like working him on curls and slants to keep the chains moving.

When I go Singleback > Doubles with D. Thomas as the slot WR I really like him working across the field on slants. He accelerates after the ball well, even though the WR super jumps from previous Madden games is gone.

Seriously though, don't be fooled by J. Thomas' 64 overall rating or whatever it is. He's a major weapon in your passing game as the #2 TE.

A big thing this year is finding a good rhythm so that your players' confidence goes up and they get on hot streaks. I have Walton starting at RG in place of the injured Kuper and him being on a hot streak and bookended by O'Hara and Setterstrom is doing wonders for him.

I signed Lofa Tatupu as a one year stop gap at MLB and moved Ayers to MLB, thanks to some excellent waiver wire pickups (Ron Brace, Drake Nevis, and Stephen Paea). Nevis is a good DE project and with Brace and Bunkley I'd rather play Ty Warren at LDE where he takes only a modest downgrade to give Miller a big space eater to open up for him in the 4-3 packages.

We'll see if Ayers can make a move as a long term MLB, but if he doesn't I'm scouting a 260 pound MLB with a first round grade and 98 hit power as the replacement.

Doggcow
09-01-2011, 02:40 PM
So far for the Broncos I'm really liking the Singleback>Ace formation. Royal and Lloyd at WR, Moreno alone in the backfield, Thomas and Fells at TE.

Fells basically always stays in to block for me. I'm considering a 6th OL to take his place in that package actually, though I'd prefer it to be one who can kinda catch. Julius Thomas is a beast over the middle. He goes after the ball on shorter routes and is a real threat if you have him send him straight up the seam and throw a bomb to him. Lloyd is very good too, I like working him on curls and slants to keep the chains moving.

When I go Singleback > Doubles with D. Thomas as the slot WR I really like him working across the field on slants. He accelerates after the ball well, even though the WR super jumps from previous Madden games is gone.

Seriously though, don't be fooled by J. Thomas' 64 overall rating or whatever it is. He's a major weapon in your passing game as the #2 TE.

A big thing this year is finding a good rhythm so that your players' confidence goes up and they get on hot streaks. I have Walton starting at RG in place of the injured Kuper and him being on a hot streak and bookended by O'Hara and Setterstrom is doing wonders for him.

I signed Lofa Tatupu as a one year stop gap at MLB and moved Ayers to MLB, thanks to some excellent waiver wire pickups (Ron Brace, Drake Nevis, and Stephen Paea). Nevis is a good DE project and with Brace and Bunkley I'd rather play Ty Warren at LDE where he takes only a modest downgrade to give Miller a big space eater to open up for him in the 4-3 packages.

We'll see if Ayers can make a move as a long term MLB, but if he doesn't I'm scouting a 260 pound MLB with a first round grade and 98 hit power as the replacement.

Julius Thomas plays like an 85ish overall tight end. Check his Awareness.

You do know that Awareness (where your guys lose OVERALL #s from) is a completely worthless stat right?

Go put everyone at 99 Awareness to compare/contrast, it's what I do.

maher_tyler
09-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Is there a way you can sub guys in on certain packages before the game like you can with the depth chart??

Flex Gunmetal
09-01-2011, 02:59 PM
I fired up a franchise last night with Denver, got through pre-season but lost Kuper and the vet I signed to start over Franklin for a few weeks due to injuries. Had to start the season with Clady, Beadles, Walton, Daniels, and Franklin on the OL if I recall.

I had basically zero time to pass, no room to run, etc.. Basically not even playable. But what you expect when I have two 60 somethings, a low 70's and a high 70's starting on my OL with Fells as my best "blocking" TE (who isn't all that standout at blocking).

So I restart the 'chise. Sign O'Hara to play C, Setterstrom to play RT. Have Walton fill in for Kuper at RG. Suddenly Moreno is breaking off 5-10 yard runs regularly, putting up a solid mid-4's YPC, and Tebow is 14/17 with three TDs at the end of the third quarter.

So yeah, the quality of your OL is a BIG difference maker this year. There is no OL wall blocking, its man on man. So if Richard Seymour is getting to roll down on Walton (who is very underrated in the game if you ask me, but he's got an A potential, so he'll come around) you're going to have up the middle pressure on you all day.

Same works for your defense though. Doom constantly folds in the Raiders' LT.

As for Von Miller strategies, I'm a big fan of the following:

1. Move him to LOLB (strong side), for some reason the game has him and DJ flipped. Miller will drop one point of overall, but it doesn't really matter and he's going to improve like a monster anyhow.

2. Sub him in as your strongside end for your nickel package.

3. Then run a ton of 4-3 under with him blitzing on 2 WR downs and go nickel on 3 WR downs with only a four man rush. Doom and Miller will make **** happen.

You'd think that Miller's small size would limit him with handling RTs, but the sheer speed difference leads to him just blowing by them so often. I damn near tackled Campbell and McFadden mid-handoff because he blew by the RT so fast, would have had 'em but I just didn't expect it and I'm super rusty.

You playing on Pro or All Pro?

Drek
09-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Julius Thomas plays like an 85ish overall tight end. Check his Awareness.

You do know that Awareness (where your guys lose OVERALL #s from) is a completely worthless stat right?

Go put everyone at 99 Awareness to compare/contrast, it's what I do.

I know. But unless a guy has absolute dog **** or crazy high awareness its not that big of a deal.

Ty Warren and Von Miller are at a point on awareness where moving from DT to DE or LOLB to ROLB is negligible on their awareness score. Some people still get hung up on overall ratings though, and while the coding for traits hasn't been divulged I'd be very surprised if many of them don't actually now hinge on what a guy's overall rating is at. In that aspect they could be a big deal.

As for Julius Thomas, he isn't an ideal TE because he can't block ****. The 64 isn't entirely unjustified. But he's great as a 3rd receiving option, which is what you should be using him all the time as he develops his blocking and becomes a #1 TE.

Is there a way you can sub guys in on certain packages before the game like you can with the depth chart??

Nope. In game you can do quick package specific subs but I haven't seen a way to do them before the game.

You playing on Pro or All Pro?

All-Pro for now. Probably go up to All-Madden after a few games. I never got a chance to make much time for NCAA 2012 back in July so its been nearly a full calendar year since I've played EA's brand of electronic football.

Doggcow
09-01-2011, 05:18 PM
****ing servers are down

Doggcow
09-01-2011, 05:19 PM

I wish. I'm customizing my plays for like the first 3 or 4 defensive plays usually. Hoping the computer picks 2 man unders or something lol

Doggcow
09-01-2011, 05:23 PM
I know. But unless a guy has absolute dog **** or crazy high awareness its not that big of a deal.

Ty Warren and Von Miller are at a point on awareness where moving from DT to DE or LOLB to ROLB is negligible on their awareness score. Some people still get hung up on overall ratings though, and while the coding for traits hasn't been divulged I'd be very surprised if many of them don't actually now hinge on what a guy's overall rating is at. In that aspect they could be a big deal.

As for Julius Thomas, he isn't an ideal TE because he can't block ****. The 64 isn't entirely unjustified. But he's great as a 3rd receiving option, which is what you should be using him all the time as he develops his blocking and becomes a #1 TE.

Nope. In game you can do quick package specific subs but I haven't seen a way to do them before the game.

All-Pro for now. Probably go up to All-Madden after a few games. I never got a chance to make much time for NCAA 2012 back in July so its been nearly a full calendar year since I've played EA's brand of electronic football.

Fells is our best fullback option though. When I REALLY need to run 1 yard, he's in the backfield picking up that MLB for me. More often than not I'm throwing to my TE so blocking is totally irrelevant for me.

DarkHorse
09-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Sounds like a lot of you guys are playing with the default sliders too. Try going to Operation Sports and finding some well researched slider settings to give you realistic gameplay.

Has anyone started scouting players in offline franchise? Can you provide any info on that part of the game - supposedly that's the area that EA spent most of it's time on. Offline Franchise.

How does scouting work? Does it show college stats for the players? Is there a combine that you get numbers from? Etc.....

Thanks

Doggcow
09-01-2011, 11:49 PM
HOLY ****ING ****, FUNNIEST THING EVER IS TEBOW QB SNEAK FROM THE GOAL LINE FORMATION!

He like turbo runs through the line vs 3 man line dimes/nickle packages.

Go check it out. I was crying I was laughing so hard.

Houshyamama
09-01-2011, 11:55 PM
HOLY ****ING ****, FUNNIEST THING EVER IS TEBOW QB SNEAK FROM THE GOAL LINE FORMATION!

He like turbo runs through the line vs 3 man line dimes/nickle packages.

Go check it out. I was crying I was laughing so hard.

LOL That was great.

You can't stop it.

hookemhess
09-01-2011, 11:59 PM
LOL That was great.

You can't stop it.

I didn't know how to turn the sound off while I was in another game and I heard y'all going crazy over the Tebow play, but didn't know what it was. Getting a mic tomorrow.

Doggcow
09-02-2011, 12:01 AM
I didn't know how to turn the sound off while I was in another game and I heard y'all going crazy over the Tebow play, but didn't know what it was. Getting a mic tomorrow.

He's like super speed right at the snap. So damn funny.

Houshyamama
09-02-2011, 12:05 AM

Oh ha yeah you were still in the party. Once you get your mic, we should do the team play. Me you and Doggcow

Maximus
09-02-2011, 12:21 AM
However, watchout, because Champ still is rated high, but is mediocre and gets absolutely owned by DHB and Jacoby Ford.

But it is MADDEN after all... So getting ****ed raw is expected.

LOL Taiwan Jones in the flat on Bailey side was hysterical... Bailey is showing age in Madden... DHB is unrealistic in Madden... Come on... he's damn near HOF material... But you are right. I owned the donks with DHB, Ford, Moore and Taiwan jones

Doggcow
09-02-2011, 12:28 AM
LOL Taiwan Jones in the flat on Bailey side was hysterical... Bailey is showing age in Madden... DHB is unrealistic in Madden... Come on... he's damn near HOF material... But you are right. I owned the donks with DHB, Ford, Moore and Taiwan jones

Pretty sure they wouldn't for you on All Madden.

Even though the raiders are ridiculously overrated every year.

Maximus
09-02-2011, 12:56 AM
Pretty sure they wouldn't for you on All Madden.

Even though the raiders are ridiculously overrated every year.

We'll see after this first season! I'll let you know

Agamemnon
09-02-2011, 01:45 AM
Sounds like a lot of you guys are playing with the default sliders too. Try going to Operation Sports and finding some well researched slider settings to give you realistic gameplay.

Has anyone started scouting players in offline franchise? Can you provide any info on that part of the game - supposedly that's the area that EA spent most of it's time on. Offline Franchise.

How does scouting work? Does it show college stats for the players? Is there a combine that you get numbers from? Etc.....

Thanks

No one is going to have well researched sliders for this game yet.

Anyway, all I can say is don't buy Madden expecting a truly legitimate simulation of the NFL. It's never going to happen. Which is why I can't bring myself to play them anymore. Too many glaring gameplay issues every year.

Agamemnon
09-02-2011, 01:49 AM
It most DEFINITELY does, and the Broncos (by default) can't block a thing. They have Hochstein starting at RT in my offline-franchise? I finally had to do some player editing to bring Orlando up to anything reasonable.

Even then, Walton (71) is consistently killed up the middle. Couple that with the much slower QB releases (probably too slow if you ask me) and I'm getting sacked 5-8 times a game. It's incredibly frustrating.

Run blocking is much the same. Running left Clady does a good job, but Beadles is consistently swallowed up (not sure of the ratings). New and improved Franklin + Kuper is pretty reliable. I've had a lot of luck running to the left side and finding cut-back lanes to the right.

They are going to keep our o-line in the ratings gutter until they prove otherwise unfortunately. I have a funny feeling a few guys are going to get 10+ point boosts through updates by the end of the season.

DarkHorse
09-02-2011, 02:59 AM

Anyway, all I can say is don't buy Madden expecting a truly legitimate simulation of the NFL. It's never going to happen. Which is why I can't bring myself to play them anymore. Too many glaring gameplay issues every year.

Actually there are sliders out already by guys that have been doing them year after year.

The base sliders are developed in NCAA 12 and carried over to Madden - then tweaked. Guys should give some of them a try.

Doggcow
09-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Btw the "USER REP" Feature is ****ing retarded.

I'll hold my breath for the day I have good rep, it's weird how you always have bad rep if you have a winning record.

Drek
09-03-2011, 02:18 PM

I like to give slider adjustments a month or so, by then the community has gotten them tweaked in really tight. It also lets me start up a franchise and play the same style of game for my first franchise run, which I usually burn out on in a few weeks, then a month or so down the road I pick it back up, get the top community sliders from OS, and go with that for another franchise run with updated rosters. Brings new life to the game.

Thanks
I'm in year three of my franchise. My tips on scouting:

In-Season
This scouting opportunity will uncover basic skills like juke, spin move, pass block, run block, hit power, etc.. Nothing that gives a star away, but helps construct a legit list for the more important scouting.

You get to scout 15 players four times (if I recall its four). I'd recommend breaking this up into positional groupings, one group of 15 for your QB/RB/TEs, one for OL, one for DL and LBs, and one for DBs. Flex it a little depending on what you see for targets and your needs, obviously.

Start with your biggest need positions so that if none of your targets look good you can short change another position to pick up a few more. The game notifies you when these are available, so no big fears about missing out.

Combine
20 players, one time, gives you the major physical stats. This is the money maker in my opinion. You need to take guys you found interesting in the first phase (in-season) and lock them down as viable picks here. SPD, STR, AGI, ACC are, as always, the core of Madden's game play. I like to use these picks primarily on RBs (where an 85 SPD v. a 90 SPD is a huge difference), DBs (where a single bad score on SPD/AGI/ACC can kill their coverage ability), LBs (I've found several crazy 80+ SPD/STR/AGI/ACC LBs, even late rounders), and DL (STR is KEY). But again, your needs come first and your biggest need positions should get the focus on this round.

Don't scout your top 5 favorite prospects here though, save those for later!

Pro Days
The worst scouting event. 20 guys, one time. Only gives you technique skills like throw accuracy, catch, etc.. Useful but they're the skills you'd expect to come along with elite speed, strength, etc..

Doesn't give **** for OL numbers either from what I've noticed, which kinda borks the whole purpose of it. As a result I just throw it out there and don't spend too much time dwelling on it.

Individual Workouts
5 guys, one time, complete disclosure. You get everything unlocked, including potential. Use this on your five biggest targets.

My personal recommendations:

1. If you see a mid-rounder who looks better to you than the early 1st rounder don't convince yourself that you're mistaken. Chances are the late rounder really is.

2. I personally save after the owner phase (coaching staff) and then do a sim through to the draft, keeping notes on paper. I do this because the game doesn't differentiate between a general 1st rounder and a top 5 pick until you're in the actual draft, and by then your guys might be getting picked up. So I go into a draft, play it out through the first two rounds, and get a feel for where guys go. Then my next time through I have notes on who I liked before and focus my combine and individual workouts on other guys.

3. Watch the FA market after you get to pre-season and start going through cuts. Some very solid rookies end up getting cut in pre-season, you can find some real steals there (like how in year one I added Stephen Paea and Drake Nevis to the Broncos off the cut pile).

Agamemnon
09-03-2011, 02:28 PM
(like how in year one I added Stephen Paea and Drake Nevis to the Broncos off the cut pile).

Say what? Hilarious!

broncs2bowl
09-03-2011, 04:55 PM
Moreno is undeservingly amazing haha and I love it

FireFly
09-03-2011, 11:53 PM
Moreno is undeservingly amazing haha and I love it

I know - I just broke off a 95 yard run with him, haven't seen him do that recently

Archer81
09-04-2011, 12:09 AM
I know - I just broke off a 95 yard run with him, haven't seen him do that recently

My brother bought Madden 12 a few days ago. I play the game for the first time and have 525 yards rushing. 237 for Moreno, 245 for Woodhead (trade) with Tebow and Larsen splitting the difference.

It surprised me because Moreno ran away from people.

Drek
09-04-2011, 05:35 AM
Say what? Hilarious!

Paea is a 68, Nevis is a 69 DT at the start of the game. The CPU will pass on them for a higher rated veteran as a result.

If you signed Paea and had him start as a rookie he'd be a big liability. You can minimize that with Nevis because he's better suited to LDE in the game. But yes, there are some shocking cuts coming out of every draft, including this year's.

elsid13
09-04-2011, 07:35 AM
Paea is a 68, Nevis is a 69 DT at the start of the game. The CPU will pass on them for a higher rated veteran as a result.

If you signed Paea and had him start as a rookie he'd be a big liability. You can minimize that with Nevis because he's better suited to LDE in the game. But yes, there are some shocking cuts coming out of every draft, including this year's.

They are getting cut because of the UDFA logic EA put in. Real players under 75 rating get cut (including 1st rounders) if made-up UDFA projects higher rating in preseason. Once the real season starts the make believe UDFA are garbage and never get replaced. That how I was able to pick up in FA pool - Paea, Vereen (2nd Rounder RB) Casey Mattews, and Muhammad Wilkerson. Also C Scott (7th rounder) out of Maryland is steal because his speed,size and acceleration are deadly in Madden.

elsid13
09-04-2011, 07:37 AM

Once again speed is the only thing that matter in Madden; that why Chokeland is good, it almost like Al Davis is related to the programmers.

Drek
09-04-2011, 08:18 AM
They are getting cut because of the UDFA logic EA put in. Real players under 75 rating get cut (including 1st rounders) if made-up UDFA projects higher rating in preseason. Once the real season starts the make believe UDFA are garbage and never get replaced. That how I was able to pick up in FA pool - Paea, Vereen (2nd Rounder RB) Casey Mattews, and Muhammad Wilkerson. Also C Scott (7th rounder) out of Maryland is steal because his speed,size and acceleration are deadly in Madden.

Yeah, its janky logic that needs to be fixed, but its not like those guys are ranked exceptionally well out of the gate.

But yes, its an issue, and it continues year after year with every draft. Not as bad as it does year one, but you still see much better players getting cut than you should.

Noel Devine is a real free agent who is ungodly good in the game. Low overall due to awareness and technique issues, but speed, agility, and acceleration galore along with an A potential. He's got huge upside.

I grabbed Vereen as well, he's a better WR than a HB, FYI.

RhymesayersDU
09-04-2011, 12:16 PM
0-4 online, boy do I suck something fierce at this game so far.

enjolras
09-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Actually there are sliders out already by guys that have been doing them year after year.

The base sliders are developed in NCAA 12 and carried over to Madden - then tweaked. Guys should give some of them a try.

Did that yesterday. Improved the game quite a bit. Still tweaking them a bit myself... always hard to find the balance between challenging and f***ing impossible:)

enjolras
09-04-2011, 01:01 PM
0-4 online, boy do I suck something fierce at this game so far.

The one game I played so far was (surprisingly) against the Broncos. Kid ran that Tebow QB sneak on every first down. I was sliding everything to the middle and stacking it... didn't matter. It's a guaranteed 4 yards.

RhymesayersDU
09-04-2011, 01:15 PM
The one game I played so far was (surprisingly) against the Broncos. Kid ran that Tebow QB sneak on every first down. I was sliding everything to the middle and stacking it... didn't matter. It's a guaranteed 4 yards.

Out of what formation?

Just curious because I was playing the Pats this morning, and for some reason the guy went offside on an XP that I was kicking. With the ball moved to the 1, I subbed Tebow in for the Goalline package and I ran the sneak. Got stuffed.

I have not been able to catch a ****ing break in this game so far. Or maybe the Broncos suck. IDK.

Doggcow
09-04-2011, 01:25 PM

QB Sneak is stoppable. If he runs it out of goal line just call a goal line and put your LB's in the gaps. Half the time they'll get like 4 yards, half they'll get 2. They'll also fumble a lot using it to get down the field.

The Broncos fumble like 3 times a game for me...

Doggcow
09-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Btw if anyone wants to play some practice games with me, I'm totally down to help show you some tricks I've learned, we can trade ideas.

I really need some work on offense this year, since I'm so Arcadey still.

Aftermath
09-04-2011, 01:58 PM
All I've been playing is Ultimate team online. You buy packs of cards and whoever you get is on your team, its really sweet. They had it in NHL 11 too. I'm 7-3 so far. I still have a bad team with David Carr as my QB lol.

HBK
09-04-2011, 03:28 PM
All I've been playing is Ultimate team online. You buy packs of cards and whoever you get is on your team, its really sweet. They had it in NHL 11 too. I'm 7-3 so far. I still have a bad team with David Carr as my QB lol.

Does the Ultimate mode get much of a following?

Pontius Pirate
09-04-2011, 07:53 PM

A "truly legitimate simulation of the NFL"...? That would be beyond boring.

And what gameplay issues are you referring to? I'm playing Madden 12 right now and it's pretty sweet. No glaring issues.

Doggcow
09-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Does the Ultimate mode get much of a following?

I thought it was nifty for a moment, then I realized that I could never compete with the kids that pay for their cards lol.

Also, I'd rather just play with Denver.

HBK
09-04-2011, 08:19 PM
I thought it was nifty for a moment, then I realized that I could never compete with the kids that pay for their cards lol.

Also, I'd rather just play with Denver.

I had the same thoughts. I would give it a good go if I knew I was on the same playing field. It also progresses quite slowly!

McDman
09-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Anyone know how to get the rosters updated on the 360?

NZ Bronco
09-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Von Miller isn't fast enough in Madden 12 ... have downloaded updates and he is still slower than DJ.

vonqkilla
09-04-2011, 09:08 PM
80 yard run w tebow using that bs, got tim tebow award. Lol

Doggcow
09-04-2011, 09:34 PM
QB sneak is hilarious though

Doggcow
09-05-2011, 03:05 AM
Serious question. Has anyone here EVER played against a Seahawks fan that DIDN'T use exploits or cheats? I stopped playing them for about 2 years, decided to play one again this year, and go figure they have some glitch exploits already. Guess Seahawks are back on my DO NOT PLAY list or still on it.

Doggcow
09-05-2011, 03:08 AM
80 yard run w tebow using that bs, got tim tebow award. Lol

I got the Peterson award on a play that was flagged for Holding... lol (it was a BS flag though)

Doggcow
09-05-2011, 03:10 AM
Serious question. Has anyone here EVER played against a Seahawks fan that DIDN'T use exploits or cheats? I stopped playing them for about 2 years, decided to play one again this year, and go figure they have some glitch exploits already. Guess Seahawks are back on my DO NOT PLAY list or still on it.

Speaking of which, they should make a feature that allows you to decline playing certain teams, as it is a VIDEO GAME and NUMBERS are all that matter, you literally stand no chance against 90 overall rated teams, so it would save me the time of idling in lobbies waiting for the GB/PHI fags to just leave (YEAH IM A PUSSY FOR NOT PLAYING YOU... love those PM's)

Agamemnon
09-05-2011, 05:41 AM
A "truly legitimate simulation of the NFL"...? That would be beyond boring.

And what gameplay issues are you referring to? I'm playing Madden 12 right now and it's pretty sweet. No glaring issues.

Haven't played 12. In previous years though there were the super linebackers that could knock down passes intended for receivers twenty yards behind them, o-lines that had no clue how to block anything other than a straight rush, and DBs that didn't know how to play zone defense. The running game has usually been pretty wonky as well. Not sure why you think it would be boring for a game to simulate the actual game (within reason), but I seriously disagree.

RhymesayersDU
09-05-2011, 06:02 AM
Speaking of which, they should make a feature that allows you to decline playing certain teams, as it is a VIDEO GAME and NUMBERS are all that matter, you literally stand no chance against 90 overall rated teams, so it would save me the time of idling in lobbies waiting for the GB/PHI fags to just leave (YEAH IM A p***Y FOR NOT PLAYING YOU... love those PM's)

Agreed to an extent. I mean, I've played the Pats a couple times already. I don't have a major issue playing the good teams. But I do have issue playing with the teams (i.e., Philly) that are easy to cheese with. So I agree with you in that respect.

Agamemnon
09-05-2011, 06:07 AM
Speaking of which, they should make a feature that allows you to decline playing certain teams, as it is a VIDEO GAME and NUMBERS are all that matter, you literally stand no chance against 90 overall rated teams, so it would save me the time of idling in lobbies waiting for the GB/PHI fags to just leave (YEAH IM A p***Y FOR NOT PLAYING YOU... love those PM's)

I don't know how anyone puts up with Madden online to be honest. The amount of cheesy crap people pull is mind-boggling.

RhymesayersDU
09-05-2011, 06:37 AM
I don't know how anyone puts up with Madden online to be honest. The amount of cheesy crap people pull is mind-boggling.

It's not that bad. I think there are people with this attitude and it's extreme. I mean don't get me wrong at all, there are jerks online. But that's with any game. I think Madden has actually done a good job in tweaking the game so people can't exploit things as much.

For a lot of people (like yourself, I assume) they got frustrated with online play and dropped it a long time ago. I think it's fun and it gets better every year. Again for Madden, but also Call of Duty, racing games, other game types, etc.

Agamemnon
09-05-2011, 06:42 AM
It's not that bad. I think there are people with this attitude and it's extreme. I mean don't get me wrong at all, there are jerks online. But that's with any game. I think Madden has actually done a good job in tweaking the game so people can't exploit things as much.

For a lot of people (like yourself, I assume) they got frustrated with online play and dropped it a long time ago. I think it's fun and it gets better every year. Again for Madden, but also Call of Duty, racing games, other game types, etc.

So no more asshats going for it on every 4th down and/or faking every punt? No more spamming of plays that exploit the inherent flaws in the AI that you can't prevent because you only control one player at a time? If so, maybe playing online could actually be fun...

McDman
09-05-2011, 12:49 PM
When I go nickel or dime it puts Mays in and not Miller, how do I switch it so Miller is taking those snaps?

Doggcow
09-05-2011, 02:21 PM
When I go nickel or dime it puts Mays in and not Miller, how do I switch it so Miller is taking those snaps?

You hit RB (On Xbox) and it'll highlight a player, usually the Dend, then move through with the D-Pad until you get the player you want to sub, hit A, and then select the one you want from the list.

Doggcow
09-05-2011, 02:24 PM
So no more asshats going for it on every 4th down and/or faking every punt? No more spamming of plays that exploit the inherent flaws in the AI that you can't prevent because you only control one player at a time? If so, maybe playing online could actually be fun...

There are still exploiters, they all play Philly, Oakland, or Seattle though I've found, so I never play those teams.

If someone exploits I just quit the game, I could care less what my record is or my "DID NOT FINISH" is at the end of the day.

Agamemnon
09-05-2011, 02:36 PM
There are still exploiters, they all play Philly, Oakland, or Seattle though I've found, so I never play those teams.

If someone exploits I just quit the game, I could care less what my record is or my "DID NOT FINISH" is at the end of the day.

Kind of sad that as player of the Broncos (I assume) you can't play the Raiders.

errand
09-05-2011, 02:44 PM
.... Man, Tebow is one inaccurate passer as I have ever seen in Madden. Unless those feet are settled, you're guaranteed to sail one out.

So it's pretty realistic then huh?

TDmvp
09-05-2011, 02:57 PM
Man, Tebow is one inaccurate passer as I have ever seen in Madden. Unless those feet are settled, you're guaranteed to sail one out.

On last years sometimes you would go to pass with Tebow and hit say X to throw it to a guy going over the middle , and he was so inaccurate he would throw it so bad it would be nearer to a completely different WR who would go catch it ...

It was totally L o L ...

Doggcow
09-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Btw, I've found some solid blitzes if anyone wants to jump in a game with me I'll help show you the setups.

Doggcow
09-05-2011, 03:18 PM
On last years sometimes you would go to pass with Tebow and hit say X to throw it to a guy going over the middle , and he was so inaccurate he would throw it so bad it would be nearer to a completely different WR who would go catch it ...

It was totally L o L ...

I've had some amazing roll out deep passes with Tebow.

His Deep Throw Accuracy is his best, I use Orton for Short-Medium, then Tebow for 3rd and Long with scrambling and deep routes.

Doggcow
09-05-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm really praying Von comes out and busts off 3 or 4 sacks on MNF... No way EA Could dispute making him a near elite pass rushing LB after that.

Show your SPEED STAT Von!

maher_tyler
09-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Last 3 games i've played, i made the other guy quit. I played against the Steelers, Colts and can't remember the other team. Not sure how you guys are saying Champ has showed age in Madden. He's a beast and rarely gets beat for me. I think he's had 3-4 ints in 8 games, 2 went for TD's. To the guy saying Miller is slower than DJ, not sure what's up but on PS3 his speed is 87.

Edit: If you are running the ball, especially straight up the gut, set your oline to block aggressively. If your running left or right, have them block that way.

Agamemnon
09-05-2011, 05:15 PM
I'm really praying Von comes out and busts off 3 or 4 sacks on MNF... No way EA Could dispute making him a near elite pass rushing LB after that.

Show your SPEED STAT Von!

I hope so as well. You know because it would help us win...

Requiem
09-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Von Miller will be no match for Johnny ****face, star sophomore running back at UCLA when he arrives in the NFL!

RhymesayersDU
09-05-2011, 07:32 PM

Why is Seattle popular? Philly and Oakland are obvious.

Doggcow
09-06-2011, 12:05 AM
Btw don't kick too much ass.

I went up 56 to 6 then this happened. So I guess I lose because I'm too awesome..

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LZaVnYjrgs4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hookemhess
09-06-2011, 12:07 AM

I went up 56 to 6 then this happened. So I guess I lose because I'm too awesome..

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LZaVnYjrgs4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.ragemaker.net/images/Laughing/LOL.png

Doggcow
09-06-2011, 12:13 AM
I'm gonna just leave it idle and go to bed then work tomorrow and hopefully the fag disconnects :P

Doggcow
09-06-2011, 12:15 AM
Better video...

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b7fedSuywjc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Houshyamama
09-06-2011, 01:15 AM

what. the. bleeding. ****.

Archer81
09-06-2011, 01:19 AM
Better video...

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b7fedSuywjc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EA laughs at your issues to the point of tears, and then uses your $60 to wipe those tears from their soulless zombie faces.

Doggcow
09-06-2011, 01:24 AM
EA laughs at your issues to the point of tears, and then uses your $60 to wipe those tears from their soulless zombie faces.

*Shrug*

$45 (you trade in old madden) for the already 100 or so hours of entertainment I've gotten? Well worth it.

Plus I can always play franchise :)

Doggcow
09-06-2011, 01:25 AM
what. the. bleeding. ****.

When I dove at the endzone both players disappeared from the field, then everyone ran over for that gangbang lol. It was on a pick 6.

Archer81
09-06-2011, 01:26 AM
*Shrug*

$45 (you trade in old madden) for the already 100 or so hours of entertainment I've gotten? Well worth it.

Plus I can always play franchise :)

True.

I shouldnt be a total dick about EA. They did bring the world Mass Effect and Dragon Age: Origins. Its not all bad.

Doggcow
09-06-2011, 01:30 AM
True.

I shouldnt be a total dick about EA. They did bring the world Mass Effect and Dragon Age: Origins. Its not all bad.

The only reason it's so problematic with madden is "Records" which I stopped caring about a few years ago. I just play for fun. If the person is exploiting or cheating, I just quit, and don't really care, if I lose a close game legitimately I'm a bit riled up but when I win it's also pretty cool.

Archer81
09-06-2011, 01:35 AM
The only reason it's so problematic with madden is "Records" which I stopped caring about a few years ago. I just play for fun. If the person is exploiting or cheating, I just quit, and don't really care, if I lose a close game legitimately I'm a bit riled up but when I win it's also pretty cool.

When I had roommates one of them had a 360, and I'd play Madden 10 online, had the headset. What bugged me more than the game glitches were some of the tard's you play. Like really? You are going to rape my ******y ass corpse and make my mother watch? Its 35-0, son. Pay attention and maybe I wouldnt be kicking your hillbilly ass.

Silliness.

RhymesayersDU
09-06-2011, 06:15 AM
When I had roommates one of them had a 360, and I'd play Madden 10 online, had the headset. What bugged me more than the game glitches were some of the tard's you play. Like really? You are going to rape my ******y ass corpse and make my mother watch? Its 35-0, son. Pay attention and maybe I wouldnt be kicking your hillbilly ass.

Silliness.

You know what's funny? I've encountered my share of jerks online with Madden who glitch, etc. But none of them ever have mics. I use the headset and nobody ever talks, either the people who play legit and the people who don't.

I've gotten a few angry messages after the game, but encounter very few real time talkers.

elsid13
09-06-2011, 01:30 PM
That good, but this one better - IT IS NOT SAFE FOR WORK OR AROUND LITTLE KIDS
DUE TO LANGUAGE

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1P0yfq2wDvU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Doggcow
09-06-2011, 01:35 PM
The injuries are out of control in this Madden though unfortunately.

I just pray I don't lose doom/miller/champ every game...

vonqkilla
09-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Anyone playing in the arena for cash?

elsid13
09-06-2011, 01:43 PM
The injuries are out of control in this Madden though unfortunately.

I just pray I don't lose doom/miller/champ every game...

turn the slider down. about 65% gets realistic results for me.

Archer81
09-06-2011, 01:43 PM
You know what's funny? I've encountered my share of jerks online with Madden who glitch, etc. But none of them ever have mics. I use the headset and nobody ever talks, either the people who play legit and the people who don't.

I've gotten a few angry messages after the game, but encounter very few real time talkers.

Only a few times I played Madden on the Xbox360 where I was online. Have not done it since. He quit after halftime. The homo.

Only game I do online with lately is Borderlands and thats with some buddies. Good times had by all.

Doggcow
09-06-2011, 01:48 PM
turn the slider down. about 65% gets realistic results for me.

I play online almost exclusively.

Houshyamama
09-06-2011, 01:53 PM
I play online almost exclusively.

**** the Ravens

Pontius Pirate
09-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Haven't played 12. In previous years though there were the super linebackers that could knock down passes intended for receivers twenty yards behind them, o-lines that had no clue how to block anything other than a straight rush, and DBs that didn't know how to play zone defense. The running game has usually been pretty wonky as well. Not sure why you think it would be boring for a game to simulate the actual game (within reason), but I seriously disagree.

To compare to FPS: Arma is supposedly ultra-realistic to the point of being stuck on some battlefield doing nothing for an hour before any action really begins. Also, one-shot one-kill. It's not a very popular game compared to BF, Halo, COD, etc. for obvious reasons.

You could make an ultra-realistic NFL sim, but I think it wouldn't be nearly as fun nor as popular as Madden.

hookemhess
09-07-2011, 12:44 AM
It's not showing up when I embed the video for some reason -- but me & houshyamama just got screwed on a game, too.

http://youtu.be/4i_XNozzfXA

Doggcow
09-07-2011, 03:45 AM
4-3 Over is pretty much killer for me btw.

maher_tyler
09-07-2011, 03:23 PM

It was totally L o L ...

Had that happen with Orton in this years game..after I threw it I was like wtf..then some other guy caught it...

Houshyamama
09-07-2011, 03:25 PM
It's not showing up when I embed the video for some reason -- but me & houshyamama just got screwed on a game, too.

that pissed me off

Chris
09-07-2011, 03:29 PM

Your dog is so one with the ball. Blew my mind.

Flex Gunmetal
09-07-2011, 04:18 PM
lol@phillys rivers fumbling 9 times in 2 games in my Denver franchise. Every sack he fumbles. lulz

maher_tyler
09-07-2011, 05:20 PM
I subbed Tebow in on all my shotgun packages and did pretty good for my first game doing it. I played some guy, he was the Eagles and I dominated using this strategy.

OABB
09-07-2011, 10:27 PM
So it's pretty realistic then huh?

yeah. madden rocks.

if you play as orton on third down- all passing icons are displayed as fetuses.

Doggcow
09-08-2011, 01:37 AM
I subbed Tebow in on all my shotgun packages and did pretty good for my first game doing it. I played some guy, he was the Eagles and I dominated using this strategy.

I probably run less shotgun than anyone in the Madden community. I'm at 6% right now I think.

Because I'm a man.

Fusionfrontman
09-08-2011, 06:12 PM
I started my franchise mode today and realized accelerated clock is automatically on and apparently you are not able to take it off for franchise mode. Really annoying and stupid. I play 6 minutes quarters and now I can barely get a ten play drive in one quarter. I may have to make qrts 8 minutes now.

Anyone have any ideas on turning accelerated clock off during franchise mode?

Thanks

phibacka31
09-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Just got the game. I'm not that great yet, but my Tag is RealMusician31

Pontius Pirate
09-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Wookie cum? It's more than sour - it's jizzum!

Los Broncos
09-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Since I suck at just about every game, I'm trading this game in.

RhymesayersDU
09-10-2011, 08:20 AM
Just made this tool playing as the Eagles quit before the first quarter was over. Although I will admit, he just plain sucked. Had he been any good I'm sure he would have torn me apart.

yerner
09-10-2011, 08:47 AM
I started my franchise mode today and realized accelerated clock is automatically on and apparently you are not able to take it off for franchise mode. Really annoying and stupid. I play 6 minutes quarters and now I can barely get a ten play drive in one quarter. I may have to make qrts 8 minutes now.

Anyone have any ideas on turning accelerated clock off during franchise mode?

Thanks

You have to do it in the main screen. Not in the franchise. It's where you can adjust injuries and other stuff. It does seem to revert back to accelerated so you need to keep an eye on it.

Fusionfrontman
09-10-2011, 10:11 AM
You have to do it in the main screen. Not in the franchise. It's where you can adjust injuries and other stuff. It does seem to revert back to accelerated so you need to keep an eye on it.

Right, there is no option for franchise mode to turn off accelerated clock. However, even if on ther main screen it is turned off, it still reverts back and turns on for franchise mode. I'm guessing there is no way to change this?

elsid13
09-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Right, there is no option for franchise mode to turn off accelerated clock. However, even if on ther main screen it is turned off, it still reverts back and turns on for franchise mode. I'm guessing there is no way to change this?

You need to save that option in your profile and ensure that profile is used in your game.

maher_tyler
09-10-2011, 10:54 AM
I probably run less shotgun than anyone in the Madden community. I'm at 6% right now I think.

Because I'm a man.

I like to use all my options available to keep the other guy guessing. It's to bad the Broncos oline is rated so crappy in this game, i'd run at will on people. Also, not sure if it was you or someone else in this thread, but the Sugar Blitz IS money!! On dime packages, i sub Von in at the other DE spot. It's awesome because the people i play think i only have Doom on the other side, so they roll to the right a bit..only to be met by an even faster Von!

TheReverend
09-10-2011, 11:00 AM
Bottom line now that it's been out for a bit:

Worth it or no?

enjolras
09-10-2011, 11:21 AM
I'm still enjoying it. I've gotten the difficulty tweaked to the point that I have a good game almost every time out.

Doggcow
09-10-2011, 01:18 PM
I like to use all my options available to keep the other guy guessing. It's to bad the Broncos oline is rated so crappy in this game, i'd run at will on people. Also, not sure if it was you or someone else in this thread, but the Sugar Blitz IS money!! On dime packages, i sub Von in at the other DE spot. It's awesome because the people i play think i only have Doom on the other side, so they roll to the right a bit..only to be met by an even faster Von!

I rush for 150+ in almost every game. Idk what problem you're having.

I get stopped by LB/Safety shooting the gap, not by the guys my Oline blocks.

maher_tyler
09-10-2011, 03:24 PM
I rush for 150+ in almost every game. Idk what problem you're having.

I get stopped by LB/Safety shooting the gap, not by the guys my Oline blocks.

It's usually against guys that use the Jets, Steelers etc...that i have a hard time running the ball...

elsid13
09-10-2011, 04:16 PM

Worth it or no?

Worth it and stay away NCAA this year.

vonqkilla
09-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Def yes. You have to set to throw now.

I put Clady at te in off set I formation, run counter his way, kills. 368 yards rushing.

Nickel with von at de, blitz the lb at tackles, one lb I put in zone, 10 sacks a game.

Doggcow
09-18-2011, 11:53 PM
Ranked team play rocks.

schaaf
09-22-2011, 09:56 PM
Anyone else notice when Julio jones catches a pass they say Julius Thomas haha

Cosmo
09-23-2011, 08:13 AM
Def yes. You have to set to throw now.

I put Clady at te in off set I formation, run counter his way, kills. 368 yards rushing.

Nickel with von at de, blitz the lb at tackles, one lb I put in zone, 10 sacks a game.

Right, thats exactly what I want in my football game. May as well call it Fantasy Football 2012.

Screw Madden, with all the server bugs in NCAA this year its still better than that bullsh*t.

Flex Gunmetal
09-23-2011, 08:54 AM

Worth it or no?

Depends if you like NCAA.
I got madden 1st, I've been doing a CSU dynasty (lulz) and haven't played madden in about 2 weeks. Madden is so unrealistic.

maher_tyler
09-23-2011, 08:58 AM
Right, thats exactly what I want in my football game. May as well call it Fantasy Football 2012.

Screw Madden, with all the server bugs in NCAA this year its still better than that bullsh*t.

Yea..i'm getting more frustrated with it. Not sure if it's cause i'm the Broncos so that automatically means that Champ should drop INT's right to him or what. I find it extremely hard to compete with guys that constantly use the Steelers, Packers, Eagles etc. I'll try to throw a quick pass to the TE and the LBer will pick it off but Champ can't catch a ball thrown right to him?? Come on!! Happens every game..its getting extremely annoying!! All my losses have come to guys using teams like the Packers, Steelers etc.

Oh, and it's almost impossible to get a pass in over the LBers and infront of the safetys. Don't think i've seen it done yet. Seems like the WR will be 5-10 yards behind the LBer but the LBer will put a hand up and bat it down or pick it off...

jhns
09-23-2011, 08:58 AM
Depends if you like NCAA.
I got madden 1st, I've been doing a CSU dynasty (lulz) and haven't played madden in about 2 weeks. Madden is so unrealistic.

I haven't played NCAA in a few years. Are you saying it is more realistic or just your preference? In what ways is it more realistic? Gameplay, offseason, etc...?

maher_tyler
09-23-2011, 09:09 AM
I haven't played NCAA in a few years. Are you saying it is more realistic or just your preference? In what ways is it more realistic? Gameplay, offseason, etc...?

I can't remember what year it was but i had NCAA. Computer was like 18/18 on passing. Didn't matter what i did, i wouldn't work. Haven't played a NCAA game since and never will!!

schaaf
09-23-2011, 09:10 AM
Yea..i'm getting more frustrated with it. Not sure if it's cause i'm the Broncos so that automatically means that Champ should drop INT's right to him or what. I find it extremely hard to compete with guys that constantly use the Steelers, Packers, Eagles etc. I'll try to throw a quick pass to the TE and the LBer will pick it off but Champ can't catch a ball thrown right to him?? Come on!! Happens every game..its getting extremely annoying!! All my losses have come to guys using teams like the Packers, Steelers etc.

Oh, and it's almost impossible to get a pass in over the LBers and infront of the safetys. Don't think i've seen it done yet. Seems like the WR will be 5-10 yards behind the LBer but the LBer will put a hand up and bat it down or pick it off...
That is what pisses ms off it's nearly impossible to throw over the middle because the backers have developed 60 inch verts and knock everything down

schaaf
09-23-2011, 09:11 AM
I can't remember what year it was but i had NCAA. Computer was like 18/18 on passing. Didn't matter what i did, i wouldn't work. Haven't played a NCAA game since and never will!!

I've always thought NCAA has it pre determined if you'll lose or not because there are some games that no matter how many times you play they won't let you win

Flex Gunmetal
09-23-2011, 09:28 AM
I'm only in my 1st season of NCAA. Presentation is better, commentary is actually correct, interface is better in every sense. Opponents actually defend the pass. Running doesn't feel as 'arcadey', and it seems like it's much harder to build a super team. The only crossover headache is superman LBs in pass defense. I haven't played online, tho.
Pretty much it's way less buggy in every facet. Just my opinion.

Flex Gunmetal
09-23-2011, 09:30 AM
I've always thought NCAA has it pre determined if you'll lose or not because there are some games that no matter how many times you play they won't let you win

lmao I beat Boise state as CSU in OT last night on the harder mode. You have to use a lot more strategy in NCAA it seems like.

jhns
09-23-2011, 09:31 AM
I'm only in my 1st season of NCAA. Presentation is better, commentary is actually correct, interface is better in every sense. Opponents actually defend the pass. Running doesn't feel as 'arcadey', and it seems like it's much harder to build a super team. The only crossover headache is superman LBs in pass defense. I haven't played online, tho.
Pretty much it's way less buggy in every facet. Just my opinion.

I may try it again. On the commentary thing, Madden is pretty terrible with in game commentary. Like half the times I run with the RB, they talk about Tebow feeling the pressure and being to quick to tuck and run. A lot of their calls are like that.

Cosmo
09-23-2011, 09:32 AM

You need to find some good sliders. I play the game on Heisman, sliders make the game realistic or stupid, depending on where you put them. Computer against me will always pass for 45-65% every game. My sliders make the game about as realistic as I have ever seen in a game so I keep playing NCAA in spite of the server bugs.

I could never get Madden to respond to the slider changes the same way. Perhaps this year is different, but am unwilling to play it because they left out upgrades to the online dynasty.

yerner
09-23-2011, 10:00 AM

Worth it or no?

No.

maher_tyler
09-23-2011, 10:51 AM
That is what pisses ms off it's nearly impossible to throw over the middle because the backers have developed 60 inch verts and knock everything down

I'll think i have my TE going up the seam or on a post route..try to get it in there quick, only to have a LBer jump to knock it down or pick it off! If you try to lob it in there a bit, the samething happens or you leave the safety enough time to knock it down, pick it off or hit you hard enough to drop the ball. If they could fix this issue it'd make this game pretty BA!!

Flex Gunmetal
09-23-2011, 10:54 AM
I'll think i have my TE going up the seam or on a post route..try to get it in there quick, only to have a LBer jump to knock it down or pick it off! If you try to lob it in there a bit, the samething happens or you leave the safety enough time to knock it down, pick it off or hit you hard enough to drop the ball. If they could fix this issue it'd make this game pretty BA!!

To be fair, those LB picks are always when they are in zone, and if you have the time to get your TE out of their zone it's 10 yds every time.

maher_tyler
09-23-2011, 11:28 AM
To be fair, those LB picks are always when they are in zone, and if you have the time to get your TE out of their zone it's 10 yds every time.

Hmmmm...still doesn't explain the LBer being able to jump up and knock down a pass to a TE/WR 10 yards behind him. They need to fix that. Just because i'm the Broncos playing the Packers doesn't mean Champ should be dropping INT's right to him. Just seems like because Denver has a 76 overall and the Packers are a 93...the Packers are more inclined to getting INT's/causing fumbles.

Flex Gunmetal
09-23-2011, 11:32 AM
Hmmmm...still doesn't explain the LBer being able to jump up and knock down a pass to a TE/WR 10 yards behind him. They need to fix that. Just because i'm the Broncos playing the Packers doesn't mean Champ should be dropping INT's right to him. Just seems like because Denver has a 76 overall and the Packers are a 93...the Packers are more inclined to getting INT's/causing fumbles.

Agreed on all. Just giving out advice. Dont throw over the middle to a reciever in an LB's zone. Wait for them to break out of the zone and before hitting the flat/shallow safety.

Doggcow
09-23-2011, 12:37 PM
Agreed on all. Just giving out advice. Dont throw over the middle to a reciever in an LB's zone. Wait for them to break out of the zone and before hitting the flat/shallow safety.

It's not LB's in a Zone, it's LB's in Spy.

Flex Gunmetal
09-23-2011, 01:22 PM
It's not LB's in a Zone, it's LB's in Spy.

either/or

maher_tyler
09-23-2011, 02:50 PM

I guess i need to be more patient..but with Denver's oline sucking, i don't have all day to throw, especially if they blitz.

Do you or anyone else have problems getting pressure with Doom? Seems like the swim move etc isn't as effective as it has been the past few years. I usually control the dlinemen.

jhns
09-23-2011, 02:53 PM
I guess i need to be more patient..but with Denver's oline sucking, i don't have all day to throw, especially if they blitz.

Do you or anyone else have problems getting pressure with Doom? Seems like the swim move etc isn't as effective as it has been the past few years. I usually control the dlinemen.

I moved Elvis to left end and get a lot of sacks with him. I always have trouble getting sacks from the RE in Madden(probably from playing over the LT), although I did just have a rookie go for 13 at RE in my second season.

maher_tyler
10-18-2011, 07:24 PM
Wow just had a crazy ass ending!!!!!! I'm GB he's the Ravens. First of all, the guy i'm playing is running the same play literally all game, a counter play. Couldn't stop it but for a few times. He scores with like 30 seconds left, i have no time outs. I throw for 10 yards or so..hurry to the line, chuck it deep to Nelson, under thrown but leaped and caught it, run in for the TD with no time remaining..70 yard pass. OT, he wins the toss. Same as usual, counter plays. Get him to 4th and 10, he goes for it..GETS IT for a 30 yard pass to my 45. He runs a a few more time down to the 15. Calls a time out with 3 seconds remaining. He kicks it, it's good...GAME OVER!! Or is it???? NO!! Clock resets to 6:00 in OT. The score is 31-28. I run a play caught for 25 yards..i hurry to the line..throw it deep to Jennings on a double move, catches it..breaks a tackle and runs in for a 65 yard pass to THEN end the game!!!!

:rofl:

Poetic justice to a douche that ran the same damn play all game!!

Natedogg
10-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Bump.

Question, I can't find the answer anywhere. Can me and my friend play two other friends online?

I can get to one on one, but not two on two. (4 friends, 2 ps3s, an two different houses).

Make sense. Shouldn't be this hard, it seems.

Many thanks.

Natedogg
10-25-2011, 04:34 PM
Bump.

Question, I can't find the answer anywhere. Can me and my friend play two other friends online?

I can get to one on one, but not two on two. (4 friends, 2 ps3s, an two different houses).

Make sense. Shouldn't be this hard, it seems.

Many thanks.

Sorry, bump again. Can't find an answer to this anywhere. Can four friends play online 2 on 2, with 2 people playing on 2 playstations at two different houses. Many thanks.

Requiem
10-25-2011, 11:47 PM
I challenge any turd on this forum with a PS3 to a match on Madden 12 or NCAA 12.

I will ****in' go bananas.

Doggcow
10-26-2011, 01:13 AM
You can't play 2 on 2 with the same consoles. No.

maher_tyler
10-26-2011, 10:17 AM
I challenge any turd on this forum with a PS3 to a match on Madden 12 or NCAA 12.

I will ****in' go bananas.

Trading this game in for Battlefield...tired of playing dbags that run the same damn play the whole game. I think i commented earlier in this thread about a guy running a counter play. Literallt ran that play 95% of the time. I couldn't stop it, didn't matter what defensive play i called...his guys would pick up on every block and none of my guys could get off blocks. So, yea...it was fun for about a month...

spdirty
10-26-2011, 11:45 AM
Yeah so I spent my first season sucking for luck...went 2-14. Got that pick. Now in my 2nd season Luck starts as a 90 ovr, j. Thomas, D. Thomas, and Decker all had >100 catches and >1000 yards, Orton is Cutlers backup in Chicago, and I'm bout to play the pack in the Super Bowl. :-)

Madden is fun to to do a dream scenario for the Broncos. Need to pump up the sliders though. Getting way too easy.