PDA

View Full Version : Vick a 100 million dollar man again

Conklin
08-29-2011, 05:16 PM
Two years and two weeks after he signed a two-year contract that paid him less than $2 million in 2009, Vick is poised to once again ink a long-term nine-figure deal.

We’ve confirmed that Vick has agreed to terms with the Eagles on a six-year, $100 million contract. The deal replaces the one-year guaranteed franchise tender, which has a value north of $16 million.

read the rest here. (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/29/vick-strikes-it-rich-again/)

Bronx33
08-29-2011, 05:20 PM
first class disgrace

Mogulseeker
08-29-2011, 05:22 PM
Mistake. He'll slow down soon and he's what 6-foot-nothing, playing behing people half a foot taller than him?

He'll always be a dog murderer to me.

That One Guy
08-29-2011, 05:27 PM
LOL

Go Eagles!

Williams
08-29-2011, 05:28 PM
9 figures for a below average quarterback?

Makes sense. Uhh

Dr. Broncenstein
08-29-2011, 05:28 PM
Dream Team.

JDB7821
08-29-2011, 05:44 PM
I can't lie, I still cheer for Vick when he's lighting it up, but I'm glad he's someone else's problem now. I just can't believe they threw that much money at him again.

bronco militia
08-29-2011, 05:46 PM
What's the over/under for games he plays in this year?.......8?

StugotsIII
08-29-2011, 05:52 PM
9 figures for a below average quarterback?

Makes sense. Uhh

Didn't he finish 2nd in the MVP race?

Bronx33
08-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Its a fact the league draws a fine line between right and wrong when it comes to money.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-29-2011, 05:53 PM
I predict a "I can't believe this snake bit me when I picked it up" moment in the Eagles' future.

Bronx33
08-29-2011, 05:54 PM
I predict a "I can't believe this snake bit me when I picked it up" moment in the Eagles' future.

agreed and they don't care about dogs :clown:

JDB7821
08-29-2011, 05:55 PM

But at least they have Vince Young to turn to...

Mr.Meanie
08-29-2011, 05:56 PM
Good for him. Fantastic redemption story!

Bronx33
08-29-2011, 06:00 PM
Good for him. Fantastic redemption story!

redemption?

Williams
08-29-2011, 06:01 PM
Didn't he finish 2nd in the MVP race?

So did Chad Pennington in 2008. I guess he should've got a 9 figure deal.

TailgateNut
08-29-2011, 06:01 PM
Mistake. He'll slow down soon and he's what 6-foot-nothing, playing behing people half a foot taller than him?

He'll always be a dog murderer to me.

This

FireFly
08-29-2011, 06:04 PM
I expect him to do well this year.

But I wouldn't have given him that contract.

UberBroncoMan
08-29-2011, 06:05 PM
"qdog112 says: Aug 29, 2011 8:38 PM

Congratulations Mike! Too bad you can’t recover the two years stolen from you."

ROOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFL

TDmvp
08-29-2011, 06:05 PM
He should have never been allowed back in the league. You don't unlearn sick and stupid and he is sick and stupid. Anyone capable of doing the things he did is someone society should shun and by no means put on a pedestal.

Dude is a Pos who I'd club with a bat if he gave me just the slightest reason.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/3458/prodf.jpg

UberBroncoMan
08-29-2011, 06:07 PM
He should have never been allowed back in the league. You don't unlearn sick and stupid and he is sick and stupid. Anyone capable of doing the things he did is someone society should shun and by no means put on a pedestal.

Are society praises and lavishes the filth of society. We give them TV shows, millions, cover them, print them, magazine covers, etc. This isn't the old days where things made more sense.

baja
08-29-2011, 06:08 PM
How much is guaranteed.

They must have gotten some TARP money

gyldenlove
08-29-2011, 06:08 PM
With that offensive line (or lack of) he is going to get murdered this year.

UberBroncoMan
08-29-2011, 06:09 PM
With that offensive line (or lack of) he is going to get murdered this year.

Eh, he has the mobility to avoid a lot of it. Put Orton behind that O-Line and holy ****.

Bronx33
08-29-2011, 06:11 PM

Future players will learn absolutely nothing from this ( and that's a fact)

TDmvp
08-29-2011, 06:12 PM
Are society praises and lavishes the filth of society. We give them TV shows, millions, cover them, print them, magazine covers, etc. This isn't the old days.

True ... But sadly I'm not that old ... My olden days are like the 80's LOL. I'm 36.

But the world sure has became a $hit hole as far as who we idolize and praise that is for sure.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-29-2011, 06:14 PM
You can buy a lot of valtrex with 100 million. Possibly an entire month's worth.

DrFate
08-29-2011, 06:19 PM
What a crazy contract for about a half-dozen good games last year.

WolfpackGuy
08-29-2011, 06:21 PM
Teams are already continuing to beat him up, and the Beagles switched most of their line around since the beginning of preseason.

It's gonna be funny seeing them go down in flames with their highly paid dog killer.

OBF1
08-29-2011, 06:27 PM
Good for him

TailgateNut
08-29-2011, 06:31 PM
Good for him

Sorry Bro, but he is slime and I hope he has a bad "accident".

Dr. Broncenstein
08-29-2011, 06:33 PM
I hope he gets herpes.

OBF1
Future players will learn absolutely nothing from this ( and that's a fact)

Oh yes they will.... They have learned a ton. No matter what a person does in life, if you commit the crime and get out at an early enough age, the NFL will be there waiting with bags full of cash, As long as the fans keep watching NFL games in person, on TV or on the NFL "Package", playing fantasy football, buying NFL gear... They will continue to prosper.

Sitting on the internet calling Vick a dog killer does ZERO as far as he is concerned.

RhymesayersDU
Are society praises and lavishes the filth of society. We give them TV shows, millions, cover them, print them, magazine covers, etc. This isn't the old days where things made more sense.

LOL

baja
Sorry Bro, but he is slime and I hope he has a bad "accident".

My Rottweiler wants to meet him.

pricejj
08-29-2011, 06:40 PM
Not bad for a guy with a career 55% completion percentage. :sunshine:

Go Vick :strong:

TailgateNut
08-29-2011, 06:41 PM

My Rottie/Dobie would like to take a bite out of crime and my Lab would just munch on the rotten ass carcass.

Bronx33
08-29-2011, 06:43 PM
Oh yes they will.... They have learned a ton. No matter what a person does in life, if you commit the crime and get out at an early enough age, the NFL will be there waiting with bags full of cash, As long as the fans keep watching NFL games in person, on TV or on the NFL "Package", playing fantasy football, buying NFL gear... They will continue to prosper.

Sitting on the internet calling Vick a dog killer does ZERO as far as he is concerned.

Well at least i feel good and that's all that counts. ;)

TDmvp
08-29-2011, 06:52 PM
I hope he gets herpes.

Hilarious!

Michael Vick Hit With Sex Suit
Woman claims star NFL quarterback passed along herpes in 2003

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/michael-vick-hit-sex-suit

OBF1
08-29-2011, 07:00 PM
That was not Vick.... It was Ron Mexico

OBF1
08-29-2011, 07:02 PM

Great...Once again you fail. If Vick was killing trained pit bull killers, do you think he would have a problem with your dog??? You are just as bad as Vick.... Sending him another dog to butcher.

Play2win
08-29-2011, 07:10 PM
Quite a criticism on modern society when we give the most reward to the least deserving and the least contributing to society and civilization. He's a thug true and true. If it wasn't for football he would be making his money selling hard drugs, that or running a cartel doing the same thing.

cutthemdown
08-29-2011, 07:29 PM
Great ****in comeback though. Gotta give Vick and his handlers credit for that.

gyldenlove
08-29-2011, 07:34 PM
I hope he gets herpes.

He has squirrel-aids.

broncosteven
08-29-2011, 07:43 PM
Did he buy his old cell block smokes?

Lestat
08-29-2011, 07:57 PM
most teams, most fans and most owners care about one thing and one thing only.
putting up a W on a consistent basis. Vick does that and draws fans.
he's a money maker and he deserves to get paid.

he paid his debt to society and now he's back to work. love him, hate him, loathe him, despise him. he's still damn good at his job.

Agamemnon
08-29-2011, 07:59 PM
Guess they are cool with paying a guy that much to play 12 games a season. Kind of odd to me...

That One Guy
08-29-2011, 08:01 PM

he paid his debt to society and now he's back to work. love him, hate him, loathe him, despise him. he's still damn good at his job.

Remember, he was NEVER charged with a state crime in all that. The prosecutor was a coward and a racist. He let Vick walk so the Feds jumped in to get SOMETHING on him. If simply committing the crime is what indebts him to society then, no, he hasn't paid his debt.

And I would NEVER want him leading my team in the playoffs. Plain and simple. I think he's quite overrated.

That One Guy
08-29-2011, 08:02 PM
Guess they are cool with paying a guy that much to play 12 games a season. Kind of odd to me...

Just another reason to root against the Eagles.

The only question becomes if his failure is a better reason than "To see the ****ty Eagle fans cry".

StugotsIII
08-29-2011, 08:04 PM
Some of you people are giant babies.

Vick was guilty and served his time. He then paid his dues as a 3rd stringer and slowly worked his way back to the starting lineup.

He makes his owner and the NFL millions upon millions of dollars. He is a hell of a talent and has been paid accordingly because of it.

This is a gif the ghost of a dog Vick raped and murdered:

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/haters%20gonna%20hate/grand/dog_hater_gonna_hate.gif

Play2win
08-29-2011, 08:27 PM

BULL SH!T!!!

shaunroach
08-29-2011, 08:31 PM
He paid the price for what he did. He denounced his criminal actions. He actively works for animal charities. He kept his head down and worked hard to get back on top. I don't understand what more people expect of him.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-29-2011, 08:33 PM
In no way do I condone vicks actions, but society decided his punishment and he, not only served it, lost all his earnings, and seems to have been a model citizen since. He was lucky enough to be gifted athletically so he's more easily forgiven, but people can grow and change, so while I obviously don't approve of murder, I'm not gonna hold it over him forever

Plus, we murder chicken and cows by the thousands per day and no one seems to have a problem with that. And before you tell me we NEED all that meat, well, we don't

GreatBronco16
08-29-2011, 08:37 PM
If Vick was white, he wouldn't have made it back to the NFL.

Yeah I went there.:strong::sunshine:

GreatBronco16
08-29-2011, 08:38 PM
Plus, we murder chicken and cows by the thousands per day and no one seems to have a problem with that. And before you tell me we NEED all that meat, well, we don't

Hilarious!

That One Guy
08-29-2011, 08:41 PM
In no way do I condone vicks actions, but society decided his punishment and he, not only served it, lost all his earnings, and seems to have been a model citizen since. He was lucky enough to be gifted athletically so he's more easily forgiven, but people can grow and change, so while I obviously don't approve of murder, I'm not gonna hold it over him forever

Society set the laws that he was never charged under. Why didn't he face state charges? Again, he never faced a crime for dog fighting and killing dogs. He faced a crime for interstate gambling. Just because that lousy prosecutor didn't try doesn't make him innocent.

That One Guy
08-29-2011, 08:42 PM
He paid the price for what he did. He denounced his criminal actions. He actively works for animal charities. He kept his head down and worked hard to get back on top. I don't understand what more people expect of him.

Do you not remember the recent article where he tried to downplay what he did and the moral aspect of it? Something to the extent of 'well they said it was bad but I had a lot of supporters still so it must not've been THAT bad'...

That One Guy
08-29-2011, 08:44 PM
And I have absolutely no issues with killing any animal. If Fido the family pet is getting too expensive and you want to stop buying dog food, just make sure your shot is accurate and the death swift. Basically torturing an animal for fun though, that's hardly the same thing.

RhymesayersDU
08-29-2011, 08:45 PM
I'm not saying people have to like Vick. You're free to have your own opinions.

But let's stop with the "oh our modern society is screwed up" and it's not like "the old days" nonsense. There have been pretty crappy people playing sports throughout time.

Did you people walk 5 miles in the snow with no shoes, uphill both ways too?

baja
08-29-2011, 08:46 PM
Great...Once again you fail. If Vick was killing trained pit bull killers, do you think he would have a problem with your dog??? You are just as bad as Vick.... Sending him another dog to butcher.

Wanta bet. My dog won't be tied up like the defenseless dogs he tortured and watched fight to death for his betting pleasure.

BTW you are an a-hole and prove it with almost every post.

Now run along and play with your rep stick loser.

51 year old guy spending most of his time on a rep thread building his rep hammer on a message board it pretty pathetic dude.

Mogulseeker
08-29-2011, 08:49 PM
Some of you people are giant babies.

Vick was guilty and served his time. He then paid his dues as a 3rd stringer and slowly worked his way back to the starting lineup.

He makes his owner and the NFL millions upon millions of dollars. He is a hell of a talent and has been paid accordingly because of it.

This is a gif the ghost of a dog Vick raped and murdered:

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/haters%20gonna%20hate/grand/dog_hater_gonna_hate.gif

All of this is true. But it takes a certain kind of sick person to to be capable of taking pleasure in killing animals. Mike Vick is that kind of person.

He will always be a dog murderer, just like a child rapist will always be a child rapist. Lowest of all human beings. If he hadn't gotten caught, he'd still be doing it.

Mike Vick is a terrible human being.

maher_tyler
08-29-2011, 09:02 PM

More time in prison...like everyone on mane would have gotten for the same crime...

Lestat
08-29-2011, 09:15 PM
he was tried, he was convicted and he served his time.
his debt to society is paid. whether the punishment was satisfactory in your eyes is irrelevant because he endured the sentence given to him.

personal beliefs nor morality have any bearing on the matter. you have people who do much worse who never pay for their crimes within the justice system.

if Vick sucked as a NFL player but was a great guy he'd be just like Phil Mickelson before he started winning. "man he's a great guy, but he needs to win and stop choking in the clutch."

it'd be amazing if every superstar athlete was as great a person as they are a player.
but that's not reality, you have guys who have helped win superbowls who are grade A pieces of **** but at the end of the day it's about the W and revenue.

fans can say it all they want and partially believe it in their heads that they wouldn't want a player on their team. but if a douche bag POS person helps your team win a title or two you tend to excuse off the field issues.
winning doesn't cure all, but it certainly helps to stomach certain issues.

baja
08-29-2011, 09:23 PM
he was tried, he was convicted and he served his time.
his debt to society is paid. whether the punishment was satisfactory in your eyes is irrelevant because he endured the sentence given to him.

personal beliefs nor morality have any bearing on the matter. you have people who do much worse who never pay for their crimes within the justice system.

if Vick sucked as a NFL player but was a great guy he'd be just like Phil Mickelson before he started winning. "man he's a great guy, but he needs to win and stop choking in the clutch."

it'd be amazing if every superstar athlete was as great a person as they are a player.
but that's not reality, you have guys who have helped win superbowls who are grade A pieces of **** but at the end of the day it's about the W and revenue.

fans can say it all they want and partially believe it in their heads that they wouldn't want a player on their team. but if a douche bag POS person helps your team win a title or two you tend to excuse off the field issues.

OJ Simpson was acquitted how do you feel about him.

Child molesters serve their time do you want them working at the playground park where your kids play?

Some crimes carry a stigma, torturing and killing many innocent animals for pleasure is one of them in most peoples eyes.

TDmvp
08-29-2011, 09:27 PM

I disagree ... I hated Romo being a Bronco.
And I live in Cincinnati and turned my back on that team in the mid to late 80's because they was then and still are douche bag central.

If the Broncos signed Vick I'd root for every team we played to break his leg and us win with our back up on a late fg.

I think you are projecting a little and that was just your take on the issue and not most peoples.

Miss I.
08-29-2011, 10:00 PM
okay my take on this, yes I do not like Michael Vick. I think he's broken internally in a way that cannot be fixed. However, yes he did pay his legal debt to society and seems to be keeping it clean. This does not lessen the magnitude of what he did. He's a lousy human being. What I don't understand is why they are paying him so much? He's done well, but he isn't Peyton Manning or Tom Brady and let's be honest he never will be.

He also is a huge risk to any organization that takes him. Yes he served his legal debt, but do you really think there isn't a huge risk that he won't do something horrible or stupid again? Right now he had good handlers keeping him in the appearance of being on the right path. OJ Simpson had good handlers when he played too, but he was always a wife abusing POS even before the night he murdered his exwife and Ron Goldman and before he held people up at gun point to get back his memorabilia.

I am not saying what did Vick is the same as OJ, but he is the same kind of risk. The guy is prone to violence already and plays in a sport, in a league that is geared towards violence and lack of responsibility. NFL is nicknamed the National Felons League for a reason. Vick is hardly the only defective personality in it. The Eagles I think are paying him way too much given the risk he brings.

Vick got his 2nd chance, fair enough, but $100M is way too much for him. He is a very high risk investment and while talented, I don't think he's worth that.

OBF1
08-29-2011, 10:29 PM
Wanta bet. My dog won't be tied up like the defenseless dogs he tortured and watched fight to death for his betting pleasure.

BTW you are an a-hole and prove it with almost every post.

Now run along and play with your rep stick loser.

51 year old guy spending most of his time on a rep thread building his rep hammer on a message board it pretty pathetic dude.

Yeah biotch I want to bet... A 200lb plus man who is used to being around fight trained dogs his entire life and had no problem killing them would not have a problem with you or your biotch dog. You are a freeking scab, nothing more, nothing less. Any person that spends the time that you do making usesless polls and sits on more peoples ignore feature should just shut his fu cking piehole. Stay in mexico where a loser like your biotch self belongs.

Last question.... What loser, piece of trash started stated rep thread??? If you lived in my county, I would personally hunt you down knock the crap out of you. ROFL!

Internet pus sy

TailgateNut
08-29-2011, 10:32 PM

He could do us a small favor if he were to FOAD.

TDmvp
08-29-2011, 10:36 PM
http://chriskendall.eu/archive/otherstuff/popcorn.gif

GoHAM
08-29-2011, 10:36 PM
You can buy a lot of valtrex with 100 million. Possibly an entire month's worth.

Ron Mexico approves of this post. :thumbs:

GoHAM
08-29-2011, 10:39 PM
CBF1 beat me to it... by 3+ hrs

Lestat
08-30-2011, 04:26 AM
no i'm not, look around the NFL and you will see a ton of fans who still cheer for guys they swore they never would.
Big Ben was public enemy #1 in Pitt before he led them back to the SB, Ray Lewis was accused of Murder at one point but almost no Ravens fan cares because it was never proven, Philly,Dallas and Buffalo fans hated TO before he became a player for their team and when he came to their club some of them were the first in line to buy his jersey, Leonard Little killed a person but Rams fans still cheered him on when they won that SB.

there is no projection to be made. it's been proven throughout sports as a whole. fans will ignore things if you win.

we all talk about Tebow and some love him, some hate him, some want him to be great because he's a Bronco and that's the only reason they root for him to succeed.
but despite him being a damn near saint if he doesn't become a great player no one is going to care that he goes on missions, is a great humanitarian, he'll just be the next NFL bust.

the reason you keep score is because it matters at the end of the day.
the reason you like athletes is because they're great at their job, some conflate being a fan of the player with that of the player being in line with their own personal beliefs.

it doesn't matter how good the person is off the field if he doesn't win.
it doesn't matter how bad off the field the player is if he helps the team win.
W's and cash rule sports, without both there would be no professional leagues.
whomever helps in both is who rules the roost.

people talk about Vick like he's the worst POS on the planet but he's been a multi-millionaire and then bankrupt. he's now back on top of his game and able to provide for his family in a way most will likely never be able to do(but would love to).

love him, hate him, loathe him, call him names and despise him.
but if he wins a superbowl you still would have to call him a champion.

I disagree ... I hated Romo being a Bronco.
And I live in Cincinnati and turned my back on that team in the mid to late 80's because they was then and still are douche bag central.

If the Broncos signed Vick I'd root for every team we played to break his leg and us win with our back up on a late fg.

I think you are projecting a little and that was just your take on the issue and not most peoples.

Rock Chalk
08-30-2011, 04:32 AM
Eh, he has the mobility to avoid a lot of it. Put Orton behind that O-Line and holy ****.

Or Manning either one, Brady, Cassel, BRadford, Palmer, lots of QBs that would get destroyed behind that o-line.

Furthermore, VIck is among them. THey are horrible bad and not even Vick is going to be able to escape the rush all year long.

That One Guy
08-30-2011, 05:06 AM
no i'm not, look around the NFL and you will see a ton of fans who still cheer for guys they swore they never would.
Big Ben was public enemy #1 in Pitt before he led them back to the SB, Ray Lewis was accused of Murder at one point but almost no Ravens fan cares because it was never proven, Philly,Dallas and Buffalo fans hated TO before he became a player for their team and when he came to their club some of them were the first in line to buy his jersey, Leonard Little killed a person but Rams fans still cheered him on when they won that SB.

there is no projection to be made. it's been proven throughout sports as a whole. fans will ignore things if you win.

we all talk about Tebow and some love him, some hate him, some want him to be great because he's a Bronco and that's the only reason they root for him to succeed.
but despite him being a damn near saint if he doesn't become a great player no one is going to care that he goes on missions, is a great humanitarian, he'll just be the next NFL bust.

the reason you keep score is because it matters at the end of the day.
the reason you like athletes is because they're great at their job, some conflate being a fan of the player with that of the player being in line with their own personal beliefs.

it doesn't matter how good the person is off the field if he doesn't win.
it doesn't matter how bad off the field the player is if he helps the team win.
W's and cash rule sports, without both there would be no professional leagues.
whomever helps in both is who rules the roost.

people talk about Vick like he's the worst POS on the planet but he's been a multi-millionaire and then bankrupt. he's now back on top of his game and able to provide for his family in a way most will likely never be able to do(but would love to).

love him, hate him, loathe him, call him names and despise him.
but if he wins a superbowl you still would have to call him a champion.

I would be comfortable betting that the Eagles regret this decision and we never have to face the day when anyone has to call Vick a champion. We'll see though.

alkemical
08-30-2011, 05:35 AM

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/576x324_vickwhite.jpg

Play2win
08-30-2011, 05:52 AM

And he would have gone to jail for a lot longer. But, also if he was white, no way in hell would he be involved in a dog-murder ring (RE: replacement/front for hard drug distribution ring).

Play2win
08-30-2011, 05:55 AM

What a world we live in, somebody can commit heinous acts, then say I'm sorry, I really didn't mean it... And its all okay?!?

Play2win
08-30-2011, 06:19 AM
okay my take on this, yes I do not like Michael Vick. I think he's broken internally in a way that cannot be fixed. However, yes he did pay his legal debt to society and seems to be keeping it clean. This does not lessen the magnitude of what he did. He's a lousy human being. What I don't understand is why they are paying him so much? He's done well, but he isn't Peyton Manning or Tom Brady and let's be honest he never will be.

I think Vick is broken just like Mike Tyson is. Its just a matter of time before Vick will have to pay his debt to society again. Hopefully next time there is actually some justice.

BroncosSR
08-30-2011, 06:45 AM
With this contract, isn't Vick the first NFL player to sign 2 contracts worth 9 figures?

alkemical
08-30-2011, 06:46 AM
With this contract, isn't Vick the first NFL player to sign 2 contracts worth 9 figures?

The man's keepin' him down.

maher_tyler
08-30-2011, 08:13 AM
OJ Simpson was acquitted how do you feel about him.

Child molesters serve their time do you want them working at the playground park where your kids play?

Some crimes carry a stigma, torturing and killing many innocent animals for pleasure is one of them in most peoples eyes.

Some people just dont ****in get it!!

dbfan21
08-30-2011, 08:13 AM
I am all for someone working hard to rehabilitate their lives and become contributing members of society. I believe Vick is remoreseful for his acvtions with the dog fighting and has learned a lot during his time in prison and his newfound freedom. While I do not want people or players to think that they can do illegal things and still get rewarded, I do like the idea that people or players can learn a valuable life lesson following a horrible mistake - That when you fall down in life, it doesn't mean your life is over and you no longer have value, rather you can, through hard work and sincerity, humility and contrition, rehabilitate your life and do good things.

Having said all that, I would have never paid Vick what the Eagles just did. That's just insanity.

dbfan21
08-30-2011, 08:16 AM
I just read some other posts that I did not see on the first page, so let me also say this. There are particular crimes that deserve less forgiveness than dogfighting, i.e. child exploitation of various kinds, human traffiking, homicide, etc.

Tombstone RJ
08-30-2011, 08:37 AM
It's a risky contract for the iggles. Vick could get seriously hurt with the way he plays and he could also still do something stupid that will violate his probation, like a DUI or something.

But if they want to pay him stupid money, so be it.

baja
08-30-2011, 09:02 AM
It's a risky contract for the iggles. Vick could get seriously hurt with the way he plays and he could also still do something stupid that will violate his probation, like a DUI or something.

But if they want to pay him stupid money, so be it.

How much is guaranteed?

Tombstone RJ
08-30-2011, 09:05 AM
How much is guaranteed?

$40m, I wonder if this money will be paid if he violates his probation.

That One Guy
08-30-2011, 09:06 AM
I just read some other posts that I did not see on the first page, so let me also say this. There are particular crimes that deserve less forgiveness than dogfighting, i.e. child exploitation of various kinds, human traffiking, homicide, etc.

For a moral sense, I think the intent behind a crime is a huge factor in it. Is dogfighting worse than murder? No. However, is dogfighting worse than a guy working a 12 hour shift, coming home to his wife in a gangbang, and cleaning out everyone with a 12 gauge? Maybe.

Why crimes are committed should be factored in. The dogfighting and the torturing of the animals was for pure pleasure. That is more important than simply breaking some laws, to me.

RhymesayersDU
08-30-2011, 09:20 AM
Apparently his creditors will be paid off by 2014, per Darren Rovell of CNN.

Beantown Bronco
08-30-2011, 09:25 AM
Apparently his creditors will be paid off by 2014, per Darren Rovell of CNN.

After Vick's agent, they are probably the happiest folks in this entire situation.

shaunroach
08-30-2011, 09:26 AM
What a world we live in, somebody can commit heinous acts, then say I'm sorry, I really didn't mean it... And its all okay?!?

Uh you forgot the part about him being in prison for 2 years. And now contributing time and money towards animal charities.

If Mike Vick didn't earn another chance, I honestly don't know who has. Don't you all believe in redemption? Under what circumstances do you ever forgive anyone?

That One Guy
08-30-2011, 09:43 AM
Uh you forgot the part about him being in prison for 2 years. And now contributing time and money towards animal charities.

If Mike Vick didn't earn another chance, I honestly don't know who has. Don't you all believe in redemption? Under what circumstances do you ever forgive anyone?

Some quotes to keep in mind made very recently:

Since his release from prison in July 2009, Michael Vick has had a team of "at least seven" PR professionals working for him. He says they laid down a plan while he was still locked up, a plan "I try to follow to the letter." They have him working with the Humane Society, with whom he recently came out against an Android app called Dog Wars. ("It just sends the wrong message," he said in a press release.) Most recently, he appeared on Capitol Hill to back an anti-dogfighting bill: "During my time in prison, I told myself that I wanted to be a part of the solution and not the problem."

I ask him if he buys this argument, if he believes he was treated unfairly. Most people convicted of dogfighting don't spend a year and a half in prison. They aren't forced to declare bankruptcy. I ask him if he was sent to prison for too long.

"One day in prison is too long," he says.

Yes, but I mean for this particular crime.

He sighs. I'm not the first person who's tried to lead him down this road. "For a while, it was all 'Scold Mike Vick, scold Mike Vick, just talk bad about him, like he's not a person,' " he says. "It's almost as if everyone wanted to hate me. But what have I done to anybody? It was something that happened, and it was people trying to make some money." He pauses and looks around. Time to step back from the edge. He's recovered so much ground that he's not about to lose it all again by taking things too far with some writer he just met. "But it's not fair. It's not fair to the animal. I know what to do now. I am strong as an individual, and I can handle anything."

http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/201109/michael-vick-gq-september-2011-interview#ixzz1WWywurDH

If you can't read that and pick up the tones where he clearly wants to say "I really don't think it's as big a deal as everyone wants to make it", then I question your ability to read between the lines. He's got people working his PR around the clock and always telling him the right things to say. You think he's really changed? Ha!...

zdoor
08-30-2011, 09:59 AM
Can't believe the dog killer is getting paid this kind of jack... Pretty pathetic..

WolfpackGuy
08-30-2011, 10:24 AM
I read this a few weeks ago.

http://www.phillymag.com/articles/is_michael_vick_for_real/

He's either not sorry or does just a horrible, horrible job of showing that he's sorry...

orinjkrush
08-30-2011, 10:27 AM
hope he tithes 10% to the ASPCA

That One Guy
08-30-2011, 10:34 AM
I read this a few weeks ago.

http://www.phillymag.com/articles/is_michael_vick_for_real/

He's either not sorry or does just a horrible, horrible job of showing that he's sorry...

Yep. I think he wants so badly to be himself that it almost slips out sometimes before he goes back to towing the party line. His image is so fragile that he really has to protect it. I bet he would absolutely love to be able to tell everyone exactly what he really thinks.

gyldenlove
08-30-2011, 10:45 AM

I believe so, Peyton Manning was close, but I believe Vick is the first football player to reach 9 digits twice.

Mountain Bronco
08-30-2011, 11:01 AM
I don't like MV as a person and the things he did were very very bad to say the least. Also, chances are he is still a thug, but just conceals his thug behavior a lot better than he ever did. That said, it isn't his fault he got this contract so I don't blame him one bit. Also it furthers his noble goal of paying off 100% of the debts he owes through bankruptcy which is almost unheard of in bankruptcy. I blame the Eagles for making a bad football decision. I would have at least seen how he holds up for part of the season and no way I would have done more than 3 years for a running QB who takes a lot of punishment. If you don't want him to play football at all, blame the Commish and the Owners for allowing him back.

Mountain Bronco
08-30-2011, 11:03 AM
For all the people who really hate the guy would you draft him in your fantasy league if he fell to the 4th round for your own personal gain?

Beantown Bronco
08-30-2011, 11:13 AM
I believe so, Peyton Manning was close, but I believe Vick is the first football player to reach 9 digits twice.

....and still be in bankruptcy. :)

alkemical
08-30-2011, 11:24 AM
Mike Vick could be mayor.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-30-2011, 11:31 AM

He didn't just say he was sorry. He also spent two years in the pokey. Oh, and does work with the Humane Society to raise awareness about dog fighting and other animal abuses.

I understand that people are pissed about what he did. Hell, I'm pissed about what he did. But when this country becomes about not giving people a chance to change their lives for the better, we'll all be in a heck of a lot more trouble than we're in currently.

Mogulseeker
08-30-2011, 11:38 AM

I believe in redemption for people who make mistakes. Cheating on your wife is a mistake. Stealing your widowed mother's wedding ring and selling it for crack is a mistake.

Taking pleasure in killing animals is not a mistake. Raping children is not a mistake. Going on a killing spree is not a mistake. These things take a special kind of sick person with an innate immorality to commit. Mike Vick is one of those people.

alkemical
08-30-2011, 11:43 AM
It's not rape if I love you.

baja
08-30-2011, 11:49 AM

I don't think anyone feels he should not have an opportunity to pursue a livelihood but his crime is so heinous that he will carry a stigma that will take many years to overcome.

baja
08-30-2011, 11:51 AM
hope he tithes 10% to the ASPCA

Now there is a damn good idea.

IHaveALight
08-30-2011, 12:08 PM
I like it. He ****ed up big time, he paid dearly. And now he seems to be a new man and hopefully he's changed for good because of it. And this coming from a vegan. What he has done is nothing compared to the mass slaughter, abuse and pain in suffering that society is supporting with animal food / products. Any non vegan has absolutely no basis to judge this man. He had misguided beliefs about dog fighting, society has misguided beliefs about animal products (same thing). It's all just unconsciousness. I can be proud of anyone who can wake up from that. Even if it takes being thrown in prison to make it happen.

Drunk Monkey
08-30-2011, 12:14 PM
I like it. He ****ed up big time, he paid dearly. And now he seems to be a new man and hopefully he's changed for good because of it. And this coming from a vegan. What he has done is nothing compared to the mass slaughter, abuse and pain in suffering that society is supporting with animal food / products. Any non vegan has absolutely no basis to judge this man. He had misguided beliefs about dog fighting, society has misguided beliefs about animal products (same thing). It's all just unconsciousness. I can be proud of anyone who can wake up from that. Even if it takes being thrown in prison to make it happen.

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mTog_NtCEio" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Beantown Bronco
08-30-2011, 12:15 PM
Any non vegan has absolutely no basis to judge this man.

Sorry. Our US courts disagree with you.

Take your preaching somewhere else.

RhymesayersDU
08-30-2011, 12:31 PM
This thread should really get going now.

alkemical
08-30-2011, 12:40 PM
What about if he BBQ'd the dogs after the fights and fed the homeless?

Lestat
08-30-2011, 12:41 PM
I believe in redemption for people who make mistakes. Cheating on your wife is a mistake. Stealing your widowed mother's wedding ring and selling it for crack is a mistake.

Taking pleasure in killing animals is not a mistake. Raping children is not a mistake. Going on a killing spree is not a mistake. These things take a special kind of sick person with an innate immorality to commit. Mike Vick is one of those people.

say what? what was the mistake? "sorry honey, i pulled all my clothes off, got naked with her and then tripped, fell and landed in her pussy?"

alkemical
08-30-2011, 12:44 PM
say what? what was the mistake? "sorry honey, i pulled all my clothes off, got naked with her and then tripped, fell and landed in her p***Y?"

that's why my mistresses wear skirts. Much easier to fall into it.

alkemical
08-30-2011, 12:45 PM
I want a reporter to ask Mike Vick this:

"Does having herpes mean you had more, or less prison sex?"

Requiem
08-30-2011, 12:47 PM
say what? what was the mistake? "sorry honey, i pulled all my clothes off, got naked with her and then tripped, fell and landed in her p***Y?"

Have you not seen his posts regarding women? That should come as no surprise, as crazy as it sounds.

Lestat
08-30-2011, 12:50 PM
can't say that i have. but cheating on your wife isn't a mistake. that's a severe lapse in judgment.
a mistake would be like goofing around pretending to wrestle and giving them a black eye on accident.
Have you not seen his posts regarding women? That should come as no surprise, as crazy as it sounds.

Mountain Bronco
08-30-2011, 12:52 PM
Will nobody answer the fantasy football scenario?

alkemical
08-30-2011, 12:53 PM
can't say that i have. but cheating on your wife isn't a mistake. that's a severe lapse in judgment.
a mistake would be like goofing around pretending to wrestle and giving them a black eye on accident.

That only happens when she doesn't do the ****ing dishes like I ask.

That One Guy
08-30-2011, 12:56 PM

Sorry if we ignore blatant attempts to corner people with unrelated hypotheticals just so you can say "har har..."

Requiem
08-30-2011, 12:58 PM

I agree with you 100%. People who cheat do it willingly and against better judgment. Not a mistake at all.

IHaveALight
08-30-2011, 01:02 PM

I don't judge anyone for not being vegan. By all means be who you are, I'm not trying to change you. I do contribute it to being unconscious, but that's a whole different story. My message is simply judge not lest ye be judged. None of us are infallible. And the law isn't infallible either so yes he can be judged by the law for doing something illegal but that doesn't make it any more morally wrong then any legal animal abuse.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-30-2011, 01:06 PM

I dunno, youre drawing some weird line here based on your own morality. They are all bad things (well the cheating part isnt a crime).

SonOfLe-loLang
08-30-2011, 01:08 PM

I do find some hypocrasy in it...or i just think people dont realize (or consider) the mass killing that goes on in the meat industry. Its a fine line and a sticky subject. I dont find any of it "right" and obviously killing dogs for sport is appalling...then again, i find raising cattle and chickens for slaughter also appalling, even though i do eat chicken as well. But i do realize this so i kind of keep distance from taking a real stand on the issue.

TailgateNut
08-30-2011, 01:20 PM
I do find some hypocrasy in it...or i just think people dont realize (or consider) the mass killing that goes on in the meat industry. Its a fine line and a sticky subject. I dont find any of it "right" and obviously killing dogs for sport is appalling...then again, i find raising cattle and chickens for slaughter also appalling, even though i do eat chicken as well. But i do realize this so i kind of keep distance from taking a real stand on the issue.

Do chickens become part of a family unit? Do you take your chicken for walks? Are chickens loyal? Do chickens protect you? Are your chickens licensed and innoculated? Do you care for your chickens? Do chickens learn tricks and tasks? Are chickeens intelligent creatures? are chickens pets?

ZONA
08-30-2011, 01:31 PM

The dude fought dogs. Yes not exactly a saint but don't try and paint this guy as some terrorist are human being murderer. There are all kinds of people around the world who still kill animals for sport and even some of them are praised in their countries for doing so.

Vick served a fair sentence for what he did. Get the F over it already.

With that said, no way do I think this guy will earn that contract. Running QB's have a much higher chance of injury and he's probably one of the more frail looking one's out there.

IHaveALight
08-30-2011, 01:45 PM
Do chickens become part of a family unit? Do you take your chicken for walks? Are chickens loyal? Do chickens protect you? Are your chickens licensed and innoculated? Do you care for your chickens? Do chickens learn tricks and tasks? Are chickeens intelligent creatures? are chickens pets?

Is a fully healthy child any more of a being then an autistic child?

TailgateNut
08-30-2011, 01:50 PM

WTF???? dude was comparing livestock and farm animals to pets you ****ing moron.

Vick is an asshole and I hope someonee runs over his head with a heavy vehicle!

gyldenlove
08-30-2011, 01:51 PM

Is a rock the same as a turtle?

gyldenlove
08-30-2011, 01:52 PM

If you pick him before the 6th round you will lose your league - there.

IHaveALight
08-30-2011, 01:57 PM
Comparing a child to a child is equal to comparing an animal to an animal. Not sure where you see such a disconnect there.

IHaveALight
08-30-2011, 01:58 PM
Is a rock the same as a turtle?

No, but a child is a child and an animal is an animal.

TailgateNut
08-30-2011, 02:00 PM

So, IYO it's ok to TORTURE animals for entertainment purposes?

Punisher
08-30-2011, 02:17 PM
Why would you pay a guy 100mill when he is only gonna play like 7 games a season for you

rbackfactory80
08-30-2011, 02:30 PM
f*** Vick. He will serve his time one day, unfortunately not now because he receives star treatment from all his fan-boys.

baja
08-30-2011, 03:06 PM

We call ourselves stewards of the earth yet we commit acts of atrocity a million times a day.

The way we treat animals for "food" all their lives is inexcusable.

Read the classic "Diet for a New Planet" by John Robbins it will turn your stomach .

SonOfLe-loLang
08-30-2011, 03:07 PM

Im sorry, but this statement is retarded. First off, a chicken isnt completely dumb and who gives a **** if a chicken is loyal or does tricks. THEY FEEL PAIN. Watch a video of a chicken getting its beak ripped off. It doesn't enjoy the experience. And im sure to some people, a chicken is a pet. My friend Alex had a pet chicken when she was younger...she grew up on a farm. Basing worthiness on perceived intelligence is an odd thing to do.

But let me ask you this...Would the mass production of dogs only to kill them for food bother you? Probably. But even if you dont think chickens are smart, you know what is an intelligent animal? A pig...yet we slaughter those regularly too.

TailgateNut
08-30-2011, 03:09 PM
Im sorry, but this statement is retarded. First off, a chicken isnt completely dumb and who gives a **** if a chicken is loyal or does tricks. THEY FEEL PAIN. Watch a video of a chicken getting its beak ripped off. It doesn't enjoy the experience. And im sure to some people, a chicken is a pet. My friend Alex had a pet chicken when she was younger...she grew up on a farm. Basing worthiness on perceived intelligence is an odd thing to do.

But let me ask you this...Would the mass production of dogs only to kill them for food bother you? Probably. But even if you dont think chickens are smart, you know what is an intelligent animal? A pig...yet we slaughter those regularly too.

Are you a vegan?

BroncoMan4ever
08-30-2011, 03:09 PM
Two years and two weeks after he signed a two-year contract that paid him less than $2 million in 2009, Vick is poised to once again ink a long-term nine-figure deal.

We’ve confirmed that Vick has agreed to terms with the Eagles on a six-year, $100 million contract. The deal replaces the one-year guaranteed franchise tender, which has a value north of $16 million.

read the rest here. (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/29/vick-strikes-it-rich-again/)

anyone else but me thinking last season was a complete fluke and the Eagles just flushed a **** load of money down the toilet?

i just get the feeling that last season was his career year, similarly like Favre having had his career year the season before.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-30-2011, 03:20 PM
Are you a vegan?

Nope, im fully aware that im hypocritcal, but then again, im not the one killing Vick for killing dogs. I think we're all guilty of killing defenseless animals. Im no better.

thats my point.

BroncoMan4ever
08-30-2011, 03:30 PM
Nope, im fully aware that im hypocritcal, but then again, im not the one killing Vick for killing dogs. I think we're all guilty of killing defenseless animals. Im no better.

thats my point.

i slightly disagree here. i am not a hunter and have never physically killed an animal in my life. i have never grabbed a chicken and hacked its head off, never slaughtered a pig or a cow, but i have eaten chicken, pork and beef in my life. most people are like that in the physically haven't killed an animal but have eaten meat. the difference between normal people and Vick is the motive behind the supposed killing of animals.

most people who don't kill their own food eat meat for sustenance. hunters use what they kill for food and in a lot of cases decoration, Vick murdered innocent animals for nefarious and disgusting reasons.

motive completely changes the way a carnivorous human and an animal killer like Vick should be viewed.

Mountain Bronco
08-30-2011, 03:32 PM
If you pick him before the 6th round you will lose your league - there.

He was the top fantasy point producer in my league last year. Just sayin.

Mountain Bronco
08-30-2011, 03:34 PM
i slightly disagree here. i am not a hunter and have never physically killed an animal in my life. i have never grabbed a chicken and hacked its head off, never slaughtered a pig or a cow, but i have eaten chicken, pork and beef in my life. most people are like that in the physically haven't killed an animal but have eaten meat. the difference between normal people and Vick is the motive behind the supposed killing of animals.

most people who don't kill their own food eat meat for sustenance. hunters use what they kill for food and in a lot of cases decoration, Vick murdered innocent animals for nefarious and disgusting reasons.

motive completely changes the way a carnivorous human and an animal killer like Vick should be viewed.

I agree with this. However, Vicki was punished according to the laws of our nation. What more do people want?

Play2win
08-30-2011, 03:38 PM

Its not just that (which is hideous), but its also the criminal/hard drug/distribution ring and racket that runs through all this. Just horrible on all accounts.

BroncoMan4ever
08-30-2011, 03:40 PM
I agree with this. However, Vicki was punished according to the laws of our nation. What more do people want?

i agree, he has paid his debt to society.

i was simply pointing out that to call a regular everyday person who eats meat a murderer of animals like Vick is just wrong and not even close to the same thing.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-30-2011, 03:42 PM

I think the fact that we hold dogs in such high regard is arbitrary and emotional. We like dogs because they are cute and loyal, but that doesn't make their life any more worthy than a cow's or pig's. We don't need to slaughter as many pigs, chickens, and cows for sustenence...we do it because we like the way they taste. Most nutrionists recommend a more plant based diet anyway. So yes, what Vick did was horrible...he condoned the killing of dogs for sport. But had he done the same thing for chickens, lets say it was a cockfighting ring, i doubt the public backlash would be so severe.

On a similar note, we COULD eat dogs if we chose, but we dont for probably a variety of reasons. But regarding actual value, the placing of canines on a pedestal is ultimately arbitrary.

Tombstone RJ
08-30-2011, 03:44 PM
wow, this thread just got whacky...

TDmvp
08-30-2011, 03:45 PM
wow, this thread just got whacky...

Just ? ... where ? Don't make me reread all this LOL ...

Edit
Never mind LOL ....

Mogulseeker
08-30-2011, 03:51 PM

It's a lapse in judgement. Electrocuting dogs for fun is not a lapse in judgement.

Mogulseeker
08-30-2011, 03:56 PM
I dunno, youre drawing some weird line here based on your own morality. They are all bad things (well the cheating part isnt a crime).

Cheating on your wife might not be a crime, but it is legally considered in divorce court.

It's a legal ground for divorce as well. That is, if one side is faithful and the other isn't, the faithful party is in a favorable financial position.

That One Guy
08-30-2011, 04:03 PM
i agree, he has paid his debt to society.

i was simply pointing out that to call a regular everyday person who eats meat a murderer of animals like Vick is just wrong and not even close to the same thing.

So has Casey Anthony by that logic.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-30-2011, 04:46 PM
Cheating on your wife might not be a crime, but it is legally considered in divorce court.

It's a legal ground for divorce as well. That is, if one side is faithful and the other isn't, the faithful party is in a favorable financial position.

And your point is?

Lestat
08-30-2011, 04:53 PM
yeah it's a heinous act that he went to jail for.
i'm not saying what he did was right, but the justice system rendered him guilty and he served his sentence.

his debt to society is paid in full based upon our justice system. anything else is just personal beliefs and opinion. could he have gotten more time? absolutely, but he didn't and he served the sentence he was given.

disallowing his time served in prison as if it was some sort of picnic and not proper punishment is kinda ridiculous.
i've never been to prison, i don't plan on going to prison and i don't foresee committing any crimes.
anyone who has the ability to have all of their personal freedoms intact and never interrupted likely can't understand the duration and the aftermath of essentially being stripped of your humanity.

i've known people who have been incarcerated. some managed to move on and improve their lives from the experience, others were in so long they went right back because it's all they were familiar with. but all of them would tell you the same exact thing, it's not an experience that most can live through and be better for.

what you(people in general) are asking for is to send him to prison, make him serve his time, never allow him to make a return to his livelihood, be persecuted for the rest of his land and brand him as some sort of demonic presence.
all so that your own moral compass can be satisfied and you can have some sense of accomplishment in knowing that he will suffer as much as or more than the beings he wrong.

i think what he did was disgusting and that he likely should have had more time. but the prosecutor and judge saw fight to render the sentence that they did and he served his time.

he's out now, he's good at his job and he's trying to make amends for his wrong doings. it would be better had he never been a part of the actions that took place, but he was and he was punished for it.

if one action and one action alone is what is set to define us then we will all likely be in trouble at some point in the future.
what he did says that he was a spoiled athlete who thought that what he did was not wrong and that he was untouchable.
he learned the hard way that he was wrong and he was not untouchable.

the main issue i see throughout this whole ordeal isn't that he did it.
it's that he didn't see anything wrong with it and the people around him did not either.
this is a cultural(no i don't mean race or class)issue to me.
the culture that he was around obviously believes in dog fighting and it is highly prevalent where he is from. so to him it was socially acceptable for him to do.

hopefully he will now surround himself with people who will give him the type of advice he needs to hear to better himself and not chirp in his ear to entice him to gamble with his freedom.

It's a lapse in judgement. Electrocuting dogs for fun is not a lapse in judgement.

Lestat
08-30-2011, 04:56 PM
just because it's not technically a crime doesn't make it any less wrong.
the context was in comparison, someone said cheating on your wife isn't a crime and made it sound as if it was ok. but committing an actual crime was wrong and should be punished and not forgiven.
And your point is?

Bronx33
08-30-2011, 05:01 PM
yeah it's a heinous act that he went to jail for.
i'm not saying what he did was right, but the justice system rendered him guilty and he served his sentence.

his debt to society is paid in full based upon our justice system. anything else is just personal beliefs and opinion. could he have gotten more time? absolutely, but he didn't and he served the sentence he was given.

disallowing his time served in prison as if it was some sort of picnic and not proper punishment is kinda ridiculous.
i've never been to prison, i don't plan on going to prison and i don't foresee committing any crimes.
anyone who has the ability to have all of their personal freedoms intact and never interrupted likely can't understand the duration and the aftermath of essentially being stripped of your humanity.

i've known people who have been incarcerated. some managed to move on and improve their lives from the experience, others were in so long they went right back because it's all they were familiar with. but all of them would tell you the same exact thing, it's not an experience that most can live through and be better for.

what you(people in general) are asking for is to send him to prison, make him serve his time, never allow him to make a return to his livelihood, be persecuted for the rest of his land and brand him as some sort of demonic presence.
all so that your own moral compass can be satisfied and you can have some sense of accomplishment in knowing that he will suffer as much as or more than the beings he wrong.

i think what he did was disgusting and that he likely should have had more time. but the prosecutor and judge saw fight to render the sentence that they did and he served his time.

he's out now, he's good at his job and he's trying to make amends for his wrong doings. it would be better had he never been a part of the actions that took place, but he was and he was punished for it.

if one action and one action alone is what is set to define us then we will all likely be in trouble at some point in the future.
what he did says that he was a spoiled athlete who thought that what he did was not wrong and that he was untouchable.
he learned the hard way that he was wrong and he was not untouchable.

the main issue i see throughout this whole ordeal isn't that he did it.
it's that he didn't see anything wrong with it and the people around him did not either.
this is a cultural(no i don't mean race or class)issue to me.
the culture that he was around obviously believes in dog fighting and it is highly prevalent where he is from. so to him it was socially acceptable for him to do.

hopefully he will now surround himself with people who will give him the type of advice he needs to hear to better himself and not chirp in his ear to entice him to gamble with his freedom.

Ill bet hes still allowed to own a dog Hilarious! he learned nothing and was rewarded 10 fold and the NFL could care less.

That One Guy
08-30-2011, 05:09 PM
Anyone want to define Vick's "Debt to society"? Who chooses that? Is a conviction the end all, be all, to this notion of a debt to society?

Lestat
08-30-2011, 05:09 PM
he's not, as part of his sentence he can't own a dog for a certain amount of time. he's said this many times in his interviews.
Ill bet hes still allowed to own a dog Hilarious! he learned nothing and was rewarded 10 fold and the NFL could care less.

Bronx33
08-30-2011, 05:15 PM
I wonder if vick has to inform his neighbors their dogs are not safe.

GreatBronco16
08-30-2011, 05:44 PM
We like dogs because they are cute and loyal, but that doesn't make their life any more worthy than a cow's or pig's.

You know just the other day, I saw a cow being used as a police cow.

But yeah, we like dogs only because they are cute and loyal. I can tell you don't even have a dog.

baja
08-30-2011, 06:19 PM

I want him to be contained in an arena with Orlando Franklin in a last man standing no holds barred fight with 100 pitbulls looking on and making bets on the winner.

Bronx33
08-30-2011, 06:22 PM
I want him to be contained in an arena with Orlando Franklin in a last man standing no holds barred fight with 100 pitbulls looking on and making bets on the winner.

Thats a real start.

TDmvp
08-30-2011, 06:23 PM

Hilarious!
Yea I'd watch that.

And they need to put that on PVP with the proceeds going to help feed the needy.

baja
08-30-2011, 06:24 PM
You know just the other day, I saw a cow being used as a police cow.

But yeah, we like dogs only because they are cute and loyal. I can tell you don't even have a dog.

My aunt Bessie has a seeing eye cow. She gets lots of looks when she goes grocery shopping.

TDmvp
08-30-2011, 06:25 PM
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/multimedia/dynamic/00119/ofrank800_119311c.jpg

baja
08-30-2011, 06:27 PM
Especially in the dairy section.

TailgateNut
08-30-2011, 07:36 PM

thats my point.

I think your point is like comparing apples to rhubarb.

TailgateNut
08-30-2011, 07:38 PM

Thanks you

gyldenlove
08-30-2011, 07:51 PM

An object is an object - arbitrarily grouping different things together does not make them the same.

rmsanger
08-30-2011, 08:55 PM
haters, Go Purina Puppy Chow!

Willynowei
08-30-2011, 09:01 PM
honestly? good for him, he was chastised to hell for a mistake that I don't think was that grave. I love dogs but let me be frank for a second, there are a hell of a lot worse problems in this world than a couple of idiots fighting domesticated animals.

He did work hard to get back into playing shape and to improve his Quarterbacking skills.

Willynowei
08-30-2011, 09:02 PM
An object is an object - arbitrarily grouping different things together does not make them the same.

you're going to compare animal abuse to child abuse?

Only in the western developed world can people afford to be this out of touch with reality.

Willynowei
08-30-2011, 09:24 PM

So do you also want every single domesticated dog owner to be separated into groups based on their level of obedience and docility; with the most docile/least threatening group being the only humans allowed to breed with each other? And then after thousands of years we can finally have a bunch of idiots left with no survivalist traits, then we can take all the males and chop their balls off.

I love picking on whiney little bitches in general, but you're my favorite baja, always will be ;)

baja
08-30-2011, 09:32 PM
So do you also want every single domesticated dog owner to be separated into groups based on their level of obedience and docility; with the most docile/least threatening group being the only humans allowed to breed with each other? And then after thousands of years we can finally have a bunch of idiots left with no survivalist traits, then we can take all the males and chop their balls off.

I love picking on whiney little b****es in general, but you're my favorite baja, always will be ;)

No I want to come here and make jokes on asinine threads to lighten up my sometimes complicated day/ evening. I could care less about Michael Vick and his 100 million dollar contract. I know people will change only when they are forced to change, usually by pain.

BTW how long has mail had balls? Oh I see you caught your error.

You think quite a lot of yourself don't you.

StugotsIII
08-30-2011, 09:38 PM
http://www.anunews.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/aa-Michael-Vick-being-chased-by-dog.jpg

IHaveALight
08-30-2011, 09:55 PM

No, IMO it's not ok to torture animals for any reason. My question comparing children was only to show the failed logic in your questions comparing animals. Torture is torture whether it is for entertainment, food, clothing, physical labor or other.

http://archives.citypaper.net/articles/2003-11-27/cb2-1.jpg

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1MkXwqeEZ-ezZhKUrJZzSU53xbxCmLD4fRXGBKGBY2pRrtfY0

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5lX2EAQ2yac2e1lhID7mGfKFrla0FG 1YhiF7LjsgaHI00dSFHlw

Mogulseeker
09-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Vick has requested that all of his $100 million contract be paid in dead dogs:

<iframe frameborder="no" width="480" height="270" scrolling="no" src="http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/video_embed/?id=21263"></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/panthers-name-cam-newton-starting-qb-because-every,21263/" target="_blank" title="Panthers Name Cam Newton Starting QB Because Everybody Seems To Think They Should">Panthers Name Cam Newton Starting QB Because Everybody Seems To Think They Should</a>