PDA

View Full Version : Quinn didn't take a snap...

baja
08-27-2011, 09:21 PM
... Could there be a trade in place?

Hum

myMind
08-27-2011, 09:21 PM
good

Inkana7
08-27-2011, 09:22 PM
What on Earth is the plan for Quinn?!

peacepipe
08-27-2011, 09:23 PM
What on Earth is the plan for Quinn?!to be our #2 QB.

Man-Goblin
08-27-2011, 09:23 PM
As predicted by the great MANGOBLIN!

Sorry Tebow fans; but Quinn starts next week.

MG Bows. Goes back into hiding.

bronco militia
08-27-2011, 09:25 PM
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000919371/NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

razorwire77
08-27-2011, 09:28 PM
to be our #2 QB.

Yeah, if Orton gets hurt, there is going to be a full fledged meltdown when Quinn is named the starter.

Timmy is exciting, and hopefully is utilized in special packages, as he learns, but it's becoming more and more clear that he's nowhere near ready to be a 16 game NFL starter.

Mogulseeker
08-27-2011, 10:36 PM

Hum

Ummm....

If there was a trade going down, he would have played the whole second half.

Nice try. Fail, but nice try.

theAPAOps5
08-27-2011, 10:37 PM
Ummm....

Ummmmm no he wouldn't have. If they wanted to trade him he would have played to showcase him. But if there was a trade going down they would sit him so he doesn't get injured.

TDmvp
08-27-2011, 10:37 PM
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6695/weaksauce.jpg

HAT
08-27-2011, 10:41 PM
Ummm....

Wow....Just wow.

That's right up ther with quoydogs post today wondering if the starters were gonna play in the 3rd pre-season game.

I doubt Quinn is going anywhere with the new 3QB rule....But if he were, there's not a chance in hell he saw a snap tonight.

Now run along and almost get laid.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-27-2011, 11:34 PM
It's not FAAAAAAAIR! Why isn't Brady getting every chance? It's not fair to him! Rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble!

serious hops
08-27-2011, 11:45 PM
Uh hh. . . darn?

???

DBroncos4life
08-27-2011, 11:53 PM
Quinn for Justin Smith straight up :)

Finger Roll
08-27-2011, 11:53 PM

Hum

I hope not. The guy has made great strides this season and Tebow isn't ready yet.

Quoydogs
08-27-2011, 11:57 PM
Wow....Just wow.

That's right up ther with quoydogs post today wondering if the starters were gonna play in the 3rd pre-season game.

I doubt Quinn is going anywhere with the new 3QB rule....But if he were, there's not a chance in hell he saw a snap tonight.

Now run along and almost get laid.

Step #1 Take out knife
Step #2 abruptly stick into persons back.

Ouch !

Hamrob
08-28-2011, 07:51 AM
They're not going to trade Quinn.

Tebow is still unproven. If Orton goes down, you want options. That's what Quinn provides.

They can go with Tebow and if he flops, they still have Quinn or vice a versa. They'll keep Quinn.

Quinn will start next week and play the entire 1st half. Tebow will come in and play the 2nd half.

baja
08-28-2011, 08:00 AM
Ummm....

Why yes if there were a trade in place they would play Quinn so he would have a better chance of being injured so the trade would be canceled.

You should go buy 12 of those HELP tee shirts they are cheaper by the dozen.

Old Dude
08-28-2011, 08:05 AM
Fox has repeatedly said they're just alternating. Both will probably play next week and both will stay on the squad. Quinn will be the number two and Tebow will be the specialty guy continuing in his development.

Can we please move on now?

brncs_fan
08-28-2011, 08:08 AM
Fox has repeatedly said they're just alternating. Both will probably play next week and both will stay on the squad. Quinn will be the number two and Tebow will be the specialty guy continuing in his development.

Can we please move on now?

No!

We will continue to bludgeon this lifeless horse until we have all had our fill and grow weary of it.

Miss I.
08-28-2011, 08:11 AM
No!

We will continue to bludgeon this lifeless horse until we have all had our fill and grow weary of it.

This is clearly the answer. I was briefly disconcerted by the Nate Jones sucks thread because everyone agreed, but I see this thread is here to ensure there is a topic to beat into the ground. ;D

Carry on gentlemen. :curtsey:

baja
08-28-2011, 08:29 AM
This is clearly the answer. I was briefly disconcerted by the Nate Jones sucks thread because everyone agreed, but I see this thread is here to ensure there is a topic to beat into the ground. ;D

You do understand this isn't a Tebow thread right?

Miss I.
08-28-2011, 08:34 AM
You do understand this isn't a Tebow thread right?

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/elenamcrgd/default/oh-please-xd--large-msg-125177381095.jpg

You very well know that ALL Threads ARE TEBOW THREADS.

Bronco Vixen
08-28-2011, 08:35 AM

You want an encouraging topic?

Forget the stellar performance of the D, the insane protection packages for the big O, or the much improved running game. The most exciting stat of the night? The significantly increased face time the cameras gave your boy ED on the sidelines.

Miss I.
08-28-2011, 08:52 AM
You want an encouraging topic?

Forget the stellar performance of the D, the insane protection packages for the big O, or the much improved running game. The most exciting stat of the night? The significantly increased face time the cameras gave your boy ED on the sidelines.

No I don't need an encouraging topic. I saw the game. I saw good things, bad things, etc. I was simply trying to be humorous.

Bronco Vixen
08-28-2011, 08:56 AM
No I don't need an encouraging topic. I saw the game. I saw good things, bad things, etc. I was simply trying to be humorous.

Yes, my point exactly. Good things = Mr. Decker's mug
I was simply trying to bring up the MOST relevant point of evening and knew you'd appreciate it :)

bfoflcommish
08-28-2011, 08:58 AM
It's not FAAAAAAAIR! Why isn't Brady getting every chance? It's not fair to him! Rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble!

bingo!!!! open comp, etc etc etc

Bronx33
08-28-2011, 12:15 PM
I hope not. The guy has made great strides this season and Tebow isn't ready yet.

I have to agree.

Lestat
08-28-2011, 01:21 PM
i hope Brady is ready all season long. because if Orton struggles or gets hurt he's likely first man in. heck he might get his name chanted in a few games if Orton plays badly.

orange 4 life
08-29-2011, 09:56 AM

Hum

If there is it would likely be for Tebow but I don't see that happening either.
Seems to me the organization knows what they have.
An above average QB in Orton that will get his chance this season to show that with a running game he can get it done in the red zone and close. If he doesn't show that he'll be gone.
With Quinn we have a guy who's likely just a career back up BUT he has improved a lot in this system so maybe there's something there. Likely just as the backup but you never know.

And finally Tebow. For all the talk he's NOT a bust at this point and he's ALSO not starting material.
I'm guessing he has this season (in practice and next week anyway) to improve and he'll get another shot to compete next season.
If he can earn the job obviously we'll go forward with him and if not then he'll be shipped out.

If none of the three take the next step we'll likely keep one of the three, draft another project, and sign a free agent vet as a mentor.
Just my .02.

orange 4 life
08-29-2011, 10:18 AM
In other words I think the team has a simple wish list.

- Orton plays so well he gives them no choice but to extend him and he becomes the guy for at least the next 5 years or so.

- Tebow elevates his game and is able to step in as a starter next season and play at least close to the level that Orton is at now.

If neither of those happen then my guess is Quinn might hang around as a stop gap and we'll look in the draft for yet another QB of the future.
I just think this front office has already shown that winning NOW is their priority so the QB that gives us the best chance to do that will be the guy.
Right now that's Orton but I also think the team is expecting him to elevate his game well above the level of the last two years. He's been FANTASTIC between the 20's (especially factoring in the lack of a running attack) but we've struggled in the red zone. That must improve dramatically and the preseason is a GREAT sign.

The things Tebow has done in games are encouraging and you can bet he'll be watched and mentored.
He will REALLY be expected to improve dramatically in order to take the starting job but fortunately with this regime I believe he'll only start if he really EARNS the job and that SHOULD make us all happy.
With Elway at the helm this team will play whoever gives us the best chance to win.

EVERYONE says that but in many cases (see Cutler starting over Plummer in '06) it's a bald face lie and everyone knows it.

TailgateNut
08-29-2011, 10:21 AM
In other words I think the team has a simple wish list.

- Orton plays so well he gives them no choice but to extend him and he becomes the guy for at least the next 5 years or so.

- Tebow elevates his game and is able to step in as a starter next season and play at least close to the level that Orton is at now.

If neither of those happen then my guess is Quinn might hang around as a stop gap and we'll look in the draft for yet another QB of the future.
I just think this front office has already shown that winning NOW is their priority so the QB that gives us the best chance to do that will be the guy.
Right now that's Orton but I also think the team is expecting him to elevate his game well above the level of the last two years. He's been FANTASTIC between the 20's (especially factoring in the lack of a running attack) but we've struggled in the red zone. That must improve dramatically and the preseason is a GREAT sign.

The things Tebow has done in games are encouraging and you can bet he'll be watched and mentored.
He will REALLY be expected to improve dramatically in order to take the starting job but fortunately with this regime I believe he'll only start if he really EARNS the job and that SHOULD make us all happy.
With Elway at the helm this team will play whoever gives us the best chance to win.

EVERYONE says that but in many cases (see Cutler starting over Plummer in '06) it's a bald face lie and everyone knows it.

Not that I ever liked ****ler, but that was a better option than putting TimBow in as starter over Orton.

Cito Pelon
08-29-2011, 10:37 AM

Hum

No way they let BQ go, no way.

bendog
08-29-2011, 10:39 AM
Chris Henne (-:

Br0nc0Buster
08-29-2011, 11:19 AM
FO hates Quinn

They should stop jerking him around and cut him so he can go to a team that wants him

You either get behind your former 1st round qb or you dont

bronco militia
08-29-2011, 11:21 AM
FO hates Quinn

They should stop jerking him around and cut him so he can go to a team that wants him

You either get behind the Browns former 1st round qb or you dont

fixed I think...still doesn't make much sense...

bendog
08-29-2011, 11:23 AM
Quanatative Easing wouldn't increase the demand for Quinn

Br0nc0Buster
08-29-2011, 11:28 AM
fixed I think...still doesn't make much sense...

EFX didnt draft Tebow either