PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap our D looks great !

Quoydogs
08-27-2011, 10:07 PM
Our D just looks plain nasty out there. 4 sacks, 1 First down, 36 yards by half time and the look on Pete Carroll's face was priceless. He had no idea on what to do to stop the rush. We were very close to having a few more sacks in there as well. Doom and Miller look unstoppable.

I know it's pre-season but this looks very promising.

Any news on DJ ?

Requiem
08-27-2011, 10:11 PM
Dennis Allen for President.

http://prod.static.broncos.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/DEN/photos/persons/coach-cards/allen_dennis.jpg

TheChamp24
08-27-2011, 10:19 PM
Preseason against the Seahawks who are starting Tarvaris Jackson at QB and Justin Forsett at RB.
Then last week with the Bills and their joke of an offense.

I love me some VonDoom but sure would like to see them play against competent offenses.

Ratboy
08-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Doesn't look good for DJ.

His twitter post was "dyme down"

Whatever that means.

Hulamau
08-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Maybe Tim becomes and solid QB for us down the road but its crystal clear he isnt the answer now. Buckle down and work on Footwork, taking a snap throwing passes TIM .... we all know you can run!

bronco militia
08-27-2011, 10:22 PM
dallas

buffalo

seatlte

yawn....

enjolras
08-27-2011, 10:23 PM
dallas

buffalo

seatlte

yawn....

All NFL teams...

GreatBronco16
08-27-2011, 10:25 PM
All NFL teams...

Yeah, but not the SEC though.Ha!

bronco militia
08-27-2011, 10:26 PM
Yeah, but not the SEC though.Ha!

Ha!

Broncoman13
08-27-2011, 10:28 PM
Our D just looks plain nasty out there. 4 sacks, 1 First down, 36 yards by half time and the look on Pete Carroll's face was priceless. He had no idea on what to do to stop the rush. We were very close to having a few more sacks in there as well. Doom and Miller look unstoppable.

I know it's pre-season but this looks very promising.

Any news on DJ ?

I just went back and watched the play again (about 9:40 in the first), DJ's arm went out near the elbow and looked to flop around right after. It didn't look good. I will be surprised if he plays at all this year.

baja
08-27-2011, 10:28 PM
I coin Doom & Gloom

Shoemaker
08-27-2011, 10:29 PM
dallas

buffalo

seatlte

yawn....

You know, considering that we were the second-worst team in the NFL last year, I would think people would be more excited that our first stringers look this much better than other potentially crappy teams.

SoCalBronco
08-27-2011, 10:29 PM
I just went back and watched the play again (about 9:40 in the first), DJ's arm went out near the elbow and looked to flop around right after. It didn't look good. I will be surprised if he plays at all this year.

:(

theAPAOps5
08-27-2011, 10:30 PM
I told my wife he either dislocated his elbow or broke his arm. It was like a noodle. I could be wrong of course but it looked nasty.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-27-2011, 10:30 PM

Whatever that means.

10 months?

bronco militia
08-27-2011, 10:31 PM
You know, considering that we were the second-worst team in the NFL next year, I would think people would be more excited that our first stringers look this much better than other potentially crappy teams.

the defense looked good at times last year in the pre-season. I have no hope for this team when the injury bug hits

vonqkilla
08-27-2011, 10:32 PM
Preseason against the Seahawks who are starting Tarvaris Jackson at QB and Justin Forsett at RB.

I love me some VonDoom but sure would like to see them play against competent offenses.

Thats a good point but I am confident, not many tackles are shutdown tackles like clady and joe thomas.

bronco militia
08-27-2011, 10:33 PM
to give some perspecetive, the seahawks 1st team offense score their first TD of the preseason againt the broncos 2nd team in the 3rd quarter of their 3rd pre-season game

theAPAOps5
08-27-2011, 10:38 PM
Just watched it again, DJ's elbow looked funny but maybe not fully dislocated. Who the hell knows but it got caught between Joe Mays and the Seattle Ball carrier and he immediately started tapping it.

I am not going to say he is out for the season but he looked pretty hurt.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-27-2011, 10:39 PM
Just watched it again, DJ's elbow looked funny but maybe not fully dislocated. Who the hell knows but it got caught between Joe Mays and the Seattle Ball carrier and he immediately started tapping it.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6ohNpV4Rdy8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

theAPAOps5
08-27-2011, 10:41 PM
yeah that thing is broken. At first it looked like someone gave him a dead arm. Like he lost all feeling but that thing is just a damn noodle when you zoom in.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-27-2011, 10:48 PM
yeah that thing is broken. At first it looked like someone gave him a dead arm. Like he lost all feeling but that thing is just a damn noodle when you zoom in.

It could be a trick from the angle, but that does not look natural. That, and the guy was obviously in significant pain.

DBroncos4life
08-27-2011, 10:53 PM
Rub some dirt on it and get back out there DJ.

OrangeSe7en
08-27-2011, 10:54 PM
Thats a good point but I am confident, not many tackles are shutdown tackles like clady and joe thomas.

The thing is, a lot of the more competent offenses have QBs who are less mobile. And VonDoom's ability to close in on a QB is quite remarkable. Denver might have the two most explosive pass rushers in the NFL. So, when the more stationary QBs think they have an extra second, that may not be the case. And then the other thing is the idea that, its one thing to look out of the corner of your eye for one of them but Denver has two Dobermans that can really get after it.

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-27-2011, 10:54 PM
They've already come out and said it's a sprain.

OrangeSe7en
08-27-2011, 10:57 PM
Regarding DJ, there's a lot going on at the elbow. There are tendons and there are two prominant nerves that go down the forearm. I couldnt tell if he hyperextended it or what but just seeing his arm like jello could mean it has something to do with the nerves, no? If he hyperextended it, it's possible he only sprained some tendons.

theAPAOps5
08-27-2011, 10:58 PM

They said that as he walked to the locker room about 5 minutes after it happened.

Quoydogs
08-27-2011, 11:00 PM
They said that as he walked to the locker room about 5 minutes after it happened.

All I had were the damn Seattle announcers. It sucked.

hookemhess
08-27-2011, 11:00 PM
Maybe Tim becomes and solid QB for us down the road but its crystal clear he isnt the answer now. Buckle down and work on Footwork, taking a snap throwing passes TIM .... we all know you can run!

"Holy crap our D looks great !"

Quoydogs
08-27-2011, 11:02 PM

Bills put up 35 against the The Jags ?? They suck too I suppose. Can we go ahead and just say Arizona sucks too right now and get it out of the way.

Broncoman13
08-27-2011, 11:08 PM

Hope that's it but I don't have a lot of confidence.

theAPAOps5
08-27-2011, 11:12 PM

Especially when the Broncos PR was so quick to tell the media it was a sprain. I mean it was literally 5 minutes after the play when they "diagnosed" it. I have a feeling it is much worse.

SoCalBronco
08-27-2011, 11:13 PM

Unfortunately, even an "elbow sprain" isn't a minor injury.

Mild sprains--2 to 6 weeks.
Moderate sprains--6 to 8 weeks.
Severe sprains--8 to 10 weeks.

http://www.mdadvice.com/library/sport/sport256.html

schaaf
08-27-2011, 11:16 PM

I fully dislocated my elbow last year, I missed the first four games of the season but made it back for all of our conference. After the season I had surgery to take out bone chips.

If it is dislocated he will only miss 4-6 weeks

Garcia Bronco
08-27-2011, 11:30 PM
I coin Doom & Gloom

Vern already said that during the broadcast.

baja
08-27-2011, 11:33 PM
Vern already said that during the broadcast.

I didn't hear him so it doesn't count. ;D

OBF1
08-27-2011, 11:51 PM
Man that looked painful

Broncos4tw
08-28-2011, 12:01 AM
Noodle isn't so bad. Stiff is much worse. Maybe he'll be back sooner than we think.

tnedator
08-28-2011, 12:05 AM
I told my wife he either dislocated his elbow or broke his arm. It was like a noodle. I could be wrong of course but it looked nasty.

Dislocated, out 3-4 weeks.

Orange&BlueMohawk
08-28-2011, 12:09 AM
Joe Mays was doing some pretty good things too. Wesley Woodyard was not.

Broncoman13
08-28-2011, 12:18 AM
I don't care for Doom and Gloom.

I'd rather just stick with his nickname from Bryan/CS instead... The Matrix.

razorwire77
08-28-2011, 12:26 AM
I don't get the "well it's only Buffalo and Seattle" mentality that some people are throwing around. It's not 1998, and top to bottom our team sucked donkey balls last year. Any sort of defensive dominance like we saw tonight, and success in the running game is encouraging against any team in the NFL. Especially, when you picked 2nd overall last year.

Quoydogs
08-28-2011, 12:29 AM
I don't get the "well it's only Buffalo and Seattle" mentality that some people are throwing around. It's not 1998, and top to bottom our team sucked donkey balls last year. Any sort of defensive dominance like we saw tonight, and success in the running game is encouraging against any team in the NFL. Especially, when you picked 2nd overall last year.

This !

Play2win
08-28-2011, 01:02 AM
Seriously, it seems like our 2nd team defense tonight, was our starting defense last year.

As soon as the 2nd team went in, I started having flashbacks to last year...

TomServo
08-28-2011, 02:01 AM
wow, a coach that appreciates defense. the orange crush? no. but damn! if we can keep the other team from scoring 28 points per game! imagine.

Rock Chalk
08-28-2011, 06:43 AM
10 months?

Man remind me to never get a doctor from the school you went to. You have never once been right in your diagnosis of injuries. Basically, you suck as a Doctor.

Punisher
08-28-2011, 06:50 AM
http://x3d.xanga.com/76b811e6d2d40257482234/m167343996.gif
Loving It

alkemical
08-28-2011, 08:39 AM
i'm not sure how many of you have ever really seen tavaris jackson play...but i've suffered though many games hanging out with my vikes friend. Lemme say this, when Kyle Orton looks good compared to Tavaris...that says something.

Broncoman13
08-28-2011, 08:45 AM
Man remind me to never get a doctor from the school you went to. You have never once been right in your diagnosis of injuries. Basically, you suck as a Doctor.

Doh!!! He watches a 15 second clip, sees what looks like a broken/dislocated elbow and offers a diagnosis based on that. Had there been a fracture with the dislocation, 10 months would still be excessive. He was trying to decipher DJ's tweet of Dyme Down. What does that mean to you, makes no sense to me!

UberBroncoMan
08-28-2011, 09:10 AM
Doh!!! He watches a 15 second clip, sees what looks like a broken/dislocated elbow and offers a diagnosis based on that. Had there been a fracture with the dislocation, 10 months would still be excessive. He was trying to decipher DJ's tweet of Dyme Down. What does that mean to you, makes no sense to me!

Dyme = Dame = Young Girl. In the case of ghetto talk. A hot young girl.

Likely arose from the focal obsession of that culture (Money). Dime = Money = Hotness. Still refers to a woman though.

Bronco Vixen
08-28-2011, 09:18 AM

I think he was just trying to translate DJ's "twitterese"

Dr. Broncenstein
08-28-2011, 09:19 AM
Rock Chalk is still buttsore over making fun of his Gannon take. "Gannon was a statue in the pocket" was his take, basically.

Punisher
08-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Dyme = Dame = Young Girl. In the case of ghetto talk. A hot young girl.

Likely arose from the focal obsession of that culture (Money). Dime = Money = Hotness. Still refers to a woman though.

Dyme means a 10

So when a guy say She a dyme in "ghetto talk" he saying she is a 10 out of 1-10

A hot girl in Ghetto Talk is "Bad Bitch" "Shes a bad bitch"

Cito Pelon
08-28-2011, 09:26 AM
I think there will be improvement from the D this season. There's a lot of new faces, new scheme, but so far so good considering all the new faces and new scheme.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-28-2011, 09:33 AM
Possibly in this case "Dyme" is his nickname. 55 --> 5+5 = 10. Dime. Dyme.

This post does not represent a medical diagnosis. It is message board speculation. Read at your own risk after consulting your physician. The risks include bleeding, infection, internal injury, unsatisfactory cosmesis, dysphoria, impotence, dyspepsia, and chronic proctalgia.

OrangeSe7en
08-28-2011, 09:36 AM
My outlook on the season has changed drastically because of the defenses ability to get after the QB.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-28-2011, 09:39 AM
My outlook on the season has changed drastically because of the defenses ability to get after the QB.

Agreed. Orton can't run out of sight in a week.

Bronco Vixen
08-28-2011, 09:39 AM

This post does not represent a medical diagnosis. It is message board speculation. Read at your own risk after consulting your physician. The risks include bleeding, infection, internal injury, unsatisfactory cosmesis, dysphoria, impotence, dyspepsia, and chronic proctalgia.

phenomenal

DENVERDUI55
08-28-2011, 10:20 AM

Whatever that means.

He drooped his dime bag of weed I think.

Garcia Bronco
08-28-2011, 10:23 AM

Well done..well done. You have impressed me once again.

Bigdawg26
08-28-2011, 11:06 AM
I'm really starting to like this defense! We could be top 10 again!

broncogary
08-28-2011, 12:07 PM
I'm really starting to like this defense! We could be top 10 again!

Dyme!:sunshine: