PDA

View Full Version : Do we play the starter tonight or just rookies.

Quoydogs
08-27-2011, 09:43 AM
Just what it is tilted. With this being the third Preseason game and the last game is this the Rookie show or are we going to play out starters ?

The Joker
08-27-2011, 09:45 AM
3rd preseason game dude.

Starters will play the first half and maybe a series or two in the third quarter.

Jay3
08-27-2011, 09:48 AM
3rd game is traditionally the "tune up" for the starters.

4th game is the scrub game in order to make final cuts.

Los Broncos
08-27-2011, 10:01 AM
I might play tonight, not sure at this point.

Quoydogs
08-27-2011, 10:01 AM
WOW Stupid me. I thought we lost a preseason game with the lock out. Thought it was the Hall of fame game ? Alright one less bong hit before I post next time.

Pick Six
08-27-2011, 10:05 AM
WOW Stupid me. I thought we lost a preseason game with the lock out. Thought it was the Hall of fame game ? Alright one less bong hit before I post next time.

The Bears and the Browns were going to be in the Hall of Fame game. Everyone else has all their preseason games intact...unfortunately...

oubronco
08-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Broncos to give starters long look against Seachickens

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18768830

Cito Pelon
08-27-2011, 11:28 AM

Yeah, you're pretty much an idiot.

You're one of those morons that think if you insult Orton enough it makes you special.

Shananahan
08-27-2011, 12:01 PM
No, he's an idiot for several other reasons than that.

Quoydogs
08-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Yeah, you're pretty much an idiot.

You're one of those morons that think if you insult Orton enough it makes you special.

Nope I just like to say things about Orton because he is a piece of crap. I expect more out of my broncos. You know respecting the fans and not sacking yourself.

Quoydogs
08-27-2011, 12:11 PM
No, he's an idiot for several other reasons than that.

Ahhh do you feel all big and tough because you can insult someone on the net. Good for you. I bet you walked right into your mommy and daddy's room and showed them this post and while jumping up and down said, look what I did, look what I did. You may have even gotten a golden star on the fridge for it. Good for you.

ColoradoDarin
08-27-2011, 12:26 PM
Ahhh do you feel all big and tough because you can insult someone on the net. Good for you. I bet you walked right into your mommy and daddy's room and showed them this post and while jumping up and down said, look what I did, look what I did. You may have even gotten a golden star on the fridge for it. Good for you.

This is really funny for me because we're potty training my son right now. So when he does his business, we all jump around. Yay! Yay! You peed in the potty!! Yay!

And we give M&Ms instead of stars.

Quoydogs
08-27-2011, 12:45 PM
This is really funny for me because we're potty training my son right now. So when he does his business, we all jump around. Yay! Yay! You peed in the potty!! Yay!

So what is it Shananahan, M&M's or Stars ?

Eldorado
08-27-2011, 12:49 PM

We have a song. It runs endlessly in my head.

Pick Six
08-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Nope I just like to say things about Orton because he is a piece of crap. I expect more out of my broncos. You know respecting the fans and not sacking yourself.

The sign of a good quarterback is to know when to take a sack, rather than risk an interception...

Hamrob
08-27-2011, 01:15 PM
The sign of a good quarterback is to know when to take a sack, rather than risk an interception...

Yep.

The sign of a great QB, is one who avoids a sack and makes a play!;)

Shananahan
08-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Quoted for posterity/hilarity.

Quoydogs
08-27-2011, 01:52 PM

LOLLOLROFL!Hilarious!Hilarious!LOLROFL!LOLLOLROFL!

Boomhauer
08-27-2011, 02:41 PM
3rd game is traditionally the "tune up" for the starters.
4th game is the scrub game in order to make final cuts.

Yep, but I still wouldn't be surprised if Quinn replaces Orton in the 2nd, while keeping the rest of the starters in until mid-3rd. Orton doesn't need any 'tune up' - he is what he is and no amount of practice or gametime will make him a functional starter. What does need a 'tune up' is his replacement for when he gets hurt or pulled for sucking donkey kong.

Quinn hasn't had much of a chance this preseaon to work with the starters, but will in a pinch during a game. Bringing him in just such a scenario would help prepare the Broncos for the inevitable and give coaches/fans a true gauge of Quinn. Even though Orton is the expected starter this season (baring a trade, release or demotion) it's just a good idea to give Quinn gametime, 1st team reps.

Next week I expect to be the Tebow show and first looks at Weber.

Dedhed
08-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Just what it is tilted. With this being the third Preseason game and the last game is this the Rookie show or are we going to play out starters ?

Have you ever been part of an NFL pre-season before?

DrFate
08-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Just what it is tilted.

tilted?

Dedhed
08-27-2011, 02:57 PM
tilted?

Actually sounds about right for this thread.

DrFate
08-27-2011, 03:10 PM
Actually sounds about right for this thread.

LOL

ZONA
08-27-2011, 03:12 PM
NFL Network changed the time of the Broncos replay from tomorrow to Monday. Bastards.

Anybody got a link of a live feed for the game tonight?

s0phr0syne
08-27-2011, 03:16 PM
NFL Network changed the time of the Broncos replay from tomorrow to Monday. Bastards.

SAY Whhhhhhat?

s0phr0syne
08-27-2011, 03:20 PM

Just checked website and you're right--looks like they moved the/our game out of the 2 AM slot. But from what I'm seeing it still airs at 10am Sunday (Aug 28), right?

ColoradoDarin
08-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Just checked website and you're right--looks like they moved the/our game out of the 2 AM slot. But from what I'm seeing it still airs at 10am Sunday (Aug 28), right?

This is what I'm seeing too