PDA

View Full Version : Lombardi is a Joke

SoDak Bronco
08-26-2011, 11:45 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d821b7605/article/blue-chips-and-red-chips-defensive-position-rankings

He is ranking the blue and red chip defensive and offensive players and doesn't even have a single Bronco listed. He lists 15 CB's and not one named Champ. What a freaking ass clown this guy has become. After his butt buddy McD gets canned he can't give Denver any respect.

OrangeSe7en
08-26-2011, 11:49 AM
Definition of a blue-chip player
Player demonstrates rare abilities and can create mismatches that have an obvious impact on the game
Is a premier player in the league and a weapon on the field
Combines competitiveness and skill to have a consistent championship-level performance
Rates in the top five at his position in the league

How is this not Doom?

SoDak Bronco
08-26-2011, 11:50 AM
How is this not Doom?

If he was a Steeler he'd be a blue chip for sure.

jhns
08-26-2011, 11:52 AM
Guys that should be on the lists: Lloyd, Champ, Elvis, and Clady. I think all are top ten players for yheir positions.

Agamemnon
08-26-2011, 11:52 AM
So...no Bailey, Doom, or Clady? No Brandon Lloyd (you know that guy that led the league in receiving yards and made freakish catch after freakish catch)? Does he really expect to be taken seriously?

Drunk Monkey
08-26-2011, 11:53 AM
I think the Bronco's need to go out and take respect. I don't fault the talking heads for not giving them any as of late.

Doom didn't play a down last year, I get why he is not on the list.

Lloyd had 1 good season, he has potential but premium WR is a competitive position.

Champ is probably the only realistic snub we can offer up.

edit: Clady should also be on that list

OrangeSe7en
08-26-2011, 11:55 AM
Guys that should be on the lists: Lloyd, Champ, Elvis, and Clady. I think all are top ten players for yheir positions.

He was just covering defense.

jhns
08-26-2011, 11:57 AM
He was just covering defense.

Nope. You have to click the offensive link at the bottom.

Kaylore
08-26-2011, 11:57 AM
I don't care what he says. He's probably mad because we fired McDaniels.

SoDak Bronco
08-26-2011, 11:58 AM
Orange7 he also has an offensive list and he leaves out clady...tellin you he is an ass clown

WolfpackGuy
08-26-2011, 11:58 AM
I don't care what he says. He's probably mad because we fired McDaniels.

Those people are still around?

LOL

OrangeSe7en
08-26-2011, 12:00 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d821b7605/article/blue-chips-and-red-chips-defensive-position-rankings

He is ranking the blue and red chip defensive and offensive players and doesn't even have a single Bronco listed. He lists 15 CB's and not one named Champ. What a freaking ass clown this guy has become. After his butt buddy McD gets canned he can't give Denver any respect.

Here is what he said about Doom:

OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS
Blue Chips
DeMarcus Ware, Cowboys
Clay Matthews, Packers
James Harrison, Steelers
LaMarr Woodley, Steelers
Terrell Suggs, Ravens

Red Chips
Cameron Wake, Dolphins
Lance Briggs, Bears
Tamba Hali, Chiefs
Brian Orakpo, Redskins
Shaun Phillips, Chargers

Notes
This position is mostly pure linebackers, with the exception of Suggs, who also plays some defensive end.
The Raiders' Kamerion Wimbley and the Broncos' Elvis Dumervil were the biggest omissions. Neither are truly linebackers and are more rushers, and are thus hard to categorize.

Notice how he insists on calling him an OLB. You might be right on with your McD comment.

worm
08-26-2011, 12:01 PM
The link to his rankings from the previous year had Champ, Elvis and DJ as blue and red chip players.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8194b18a/article/with-proper-pieces-in-place-saints-top-bluechip-rankings

After last season and our defensive rankings, I am not sure any Bronco playing defense should make any blue\red chip list. We were that bad.

Paul Finebaum PWNS!
08-26-2011, 12:01 PM
If Lombardi had a legit scouting eye, he would have a job in football. The fact that he is working in a PR capacity for the NFLN tells you everything you need to know.

Ray Finkle
08-26-2011, 12:04 PM
the guy hitched his wagon to McD and will still do so in hopes that he gets a FO job in McD's next coaching stint.

Look at it this way, he claims to be good buddies with Bilicheck yet BB never brought him to NE after their time in Cleveland. He bad mouthed his way out of the Raiders and then tried to power play the Goodmans out in Denver when he got here....

OrangeSe7en
08-26-2011, 12:07 PM
It seems like NFLN in general is kind of sh*tty to the Broncos.

PRBronco
08-26-2011, 12:08 PM
Yeah I think it's safe to be shocked and appalled at Champ and Clady's omissions without being considered a homer. I informed him via twitter; I expect a speedy revision to his list /eyeroll

worm
08-26-2011, 12:11 PM
It seems like NFLN in general is kind of sh*tty to the Broncos.

The outrage! I think the reason that NFLN, ESPN, Bleacherreport, Twitter, God and the internetz hate the Broncos is due to the gigantic alien base hidden under Sports Authority Field.

GreatBronco16
08-26-2011, 12:12 PM
Why get worked up over something like this???

Really who gives a **** about who some guy puts on their list?

PRBronco
08-26-2011, 12:13 PM
The outrage! I think the reason that NFLN, ESPN, Bleacherreport, Twitter, God and the internetz hate the Broncos is due to the gigantic alien base hidden under Sports Authority Field.

And also phallic symbols in the airport.

...so I guess we can expect pro-Broncos reporting from Jeff Garcia if he ever gets into that industry.

theAPAOps5
08-26-2011, 12:17 PM

Even the local media makes fun of this guy. Cecil Lammey loves to call out this human **** stain for saying Tebow has no support in the building when he is never actually in Denver.

They guy is a GM in his own mind an no one else and he will always wear that chip on his shoulder.

OrangeSe7en
08-26-2011, 12:18 PM

No, thats not it.

Pendejo
08-26-2011, 12:27 PM
For some reason I thought this thread was about the "Brooklyn Brawler".

Peoples Champ
08-26-2011, 12:32 PM
biased broncos fans will have champ as a top 5 corner still. Unbiased non-broncos fans will have champ at minimum top 10 CBs, most likely top 5.

Bottom line is this guy is an idiot.

Houshyamama
08-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Who cares? He obviously doesn't know **** about football.