PDA

View Full Version : Haven Moses

Los Broncos
08-26-2011, 08:41 AM
Anyone have any Haven Moses footage? I know it was a long time ago, just trying to learn more about the earlier players.

Dutch
08-26-2011, 08:58 AM
Great choice. I'll see what I can find. Morton to Moses was a whole lot of fun to watch. Especially after a few (well, several actually) years of sub par play out of our passing game. Be cool to see if someone can come up with anything.....

broncocalijohn
08-26-2011, 09:04 AM
Looks like Adam is ready for a name change. I am thinking "Thank Haven"

Los Broncos
08-26-2011, 09:11 AM
Haha, no way John.

Pick Six
08-26-2011, 10:01 AM
This is all I've found so far. It's a helmet-to-helmet hit from Jack Lambert...

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V6nCejpFQNI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pick Six
08-26-2011, 10:03 AM
<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jXE6ztjLZLA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Los Broncos
08-26-2011, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the videos.

worm
08-26-2011, 10:49 AM
There is a NFL films video talking about that 77 season and that AFCCG with Oakland. Lots of good Haven footage. In it Haven is fighting back the tears in talking about what that season and game meant to him.

The magic of that year meant everything to the fans...but those were great days when you saw how much it meant to the players as well. Sadly, it is the exception and not the norm these days to see players emotionally involved to that level.

Los Broncos
08-26-2011, 11:14 AM
There is a NFL films video talking about that 77 season and that AFCCG with Oakland. Lots of good Haven footage. In it Haven is fighting back the tears in talking about what that season and game meant to him.

The magic of that year meant everything to the fans...but those were great days when you saw how much it meant to the players as well. Sadly, it is the exception and not the norm these days to see players emotionally involved to that level.

Great story, thanks for sharing.

Los Broncos
08-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Thanks to sisterhellfyre for the kick down, love the old games.

Pony Boy
08-26-2011, 02:02 PM
Wow ..... that takes me back seeing #30 Jim Jensen in that video.

Los Broncos
08-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Wow ..... that takes me back seeing #30 Jim Jensen in that video.

How tall was Morton? seems like a giant out there.

Pony Boy
08-26-2011, 02:08 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/42B7ryWx_ds?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/42B7ryWx_ds?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

broncosteven
08-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Get this, it has the 77 championship game on it.

http://www.amazon.com/NFL-Greatest-Games-Denver-Broncos/dp/B00186DF5C

AZorange1
08-26-2011, 03:10 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/42B7ryWx_ds?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/42B7ryWx_ds?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

I remember those days like they were yesterday--wish they were. Watching the "Gimp" try and move around in the pocket.

BroncoLover
08-26-2011, 06:04 PM
This is all I've found so far. It's a helmet-to-helmet hit from Jack Lambert...

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V6nCejpFQNI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In the present day wuss league, does that make a hit on defenseless receiver .. FINE and Penalty :peace:

broncosteven
08-26-2011, 06:41 PM
In the present day wuss league, does that make a hit on defenseless receiver .. FINE and Penalty :peace:

Lambert would have gone after Roselle if he tried to wussify the NFL back in the 70's.

Those guys were tough, smaller but tough as nails.

Hogan11
08-26-2011, 07:45 PM
Great Haven footage, Love it

The Moops
08-26-2011, 10:22 PM
Moses came from Buffalo in '72 for Dwight Harrison who had been shipped out for pulling a gun on Floyd Little, Lyle Alzado and John Ralston.

Haven became our best receiver for the next several seasons. Great route runner with superb hands.

Had a stroke a few years back but is doing well. Still plays a mean game of golf ...

errand
08-26-2011, 11:35 PM
Anyone have any Haven Moses footage? I know it was a long time ago, just trying to learn more about the earlier players.

You need to get a message to b-love......

He's got numerous videos of practically every broncos game there was..... in fact I got a copy of both superbowl XII and '77 afc championship game from him up on vhs

Los Broncos
08-26-2011, 11:56 PM
You need to get a message to b-love......

He's got numerous videos of practically every broncos game there was..... in fact I got a copy of both superbowl XII and '77 afc championship game from him up on vhs

Someone on here is sending me a DVD of the MNF game vs Raiders, think I'm good, got my fix. :)

errand
08-27-2011, 12:11 AM
How tall was Morton? seems like a giant out there.

Morton was 6 foot 4 inches tall I think he weighed about 210 to 215 pounds....

orange 4 life
08-27-2011, 11:56 AM
Great choice. I'll see what I can find. Morton to Moses was a whole lot of fun to watch. Especially after a few (well, several actually) years of sub par play out of our passing game. Be cool to see if someone can come up with anything.....

Absolutely. Riley Odoms wasn't too shabby either!!

And for those looking at stats remember it was a VASTLY different game back then. 3000 yards passing was considered a HUGE year as was 1000 yards receiving.

Anyway the M&M connection was a big part of what got us to New Orleans in '77!!
Unfortunately Morton's leg was so bad (he was in the hospital the morning of the Superbowl!!) he could barely walk, we had 6 turnovers in the 1st HALF, and there was no replay so Butch Johnson's dropped pass was called a touchdown.

We lost 27-10 despite EVERYTHING going against us in that game.
We had already beaten the Raiders and the Steelers (both better than Dallas that year IMHO) to get to the final game and sadly the better team did NOT win that Sunday in New Orleans.
Taking everything into consideration we probably would've won that game 8 out of 10 times but Morton's health and a terrible call ended the miracle season. My favorite radio quote ever is from that season after the AFC Championship.

"The miracle has happened! The Broncos are going to the Superbowl!"
Larry Zimmer

ol#7
08-27-2011, 04:59 PM
Absolutely. Riley Odoms wasn't too shabby either!!

And for those looking at stats remember it was a VASTLY different game back then. 3000 yards passing was considered a HUGE year as was 1000 yards receiving.

Anyway the M&M connection was a big part of what got us to New Orleans in '77!!
Unfortunately Morton's leg was so bad (he was in the hospital the morning of the Superbowl!!) he could barely walk, we had 6 turnovers in the 1st HALF, and there was no replay so Butch Johnson's dropped pass was called a touchdown.

We lost 27-10 despite EVERYTHING going against us in that game.
We had already beaten the Raiders and the Steelers (both better than Dallas that year IMHO) to get to the final game and sadly the better team did NOT win that Sunday in New Orleans.
Taking everything into consideration we probably would've won that game 8 out of 10 times but Morton's health and a terrible call ended the miracle season. My favorite radio quote ever is from that season after the AFC Championship.

"The miracle has happened! The Broncos are going to the Superbowl!"
Larry Zimmer

Yeah, the forgotten SB for most Bronco fans. IF you ever get a chance to watch it, Denver had a chance to run away with it early but just couldnt quite make the play. Morton moved them inside the 35 the first drive but then took a sack that knocked them out of FG range, Dilts punt was fumbled at the 1 and somehow the 3 Broncos that were there missed recovering it for a TD and somehow Charlie Waters came up with it. Then Dallas fumbled deep in there own end but recovered again. Denver makes either or both of those plays and its a different game. They were dominating the game early and Dallas was the team that was rattled.

Morton got hurt in the season finale against Dallas and he never shoud have been on the field, then during the playoffs, he was in the hospital until the morning of the AFCC and went to the stadium not intending to play. He figured if he showed up and the guys saw how bad of shape he was in, that they would understand, his leg was completely filled with coagulated blood. Red Miller had to tie his shoes! That was a courageous game, I dont care what happened in the SB. Morton was way to beat up to go against Dallas and be effective though, especially on that fast turf, but had the D made either of those early plays they could have played it closer to the vest and not had to drop back so much, the Dallas D then ate a beat up Morton up.