PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Lloyd's knee 'injury'?

DarkHorse
08-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Does this bear keeping an eye on?

What do we look like - receiving corp - without Lloyd?

Royal
Decker
?
?
?

Paul Finebaum PWNS!
08-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Why so cryptic?

Requiem
08-25-2011, 08:02 PM
Nobody makes them David Kircus catches like Brandon Lloyd.

Orton better be servin' them up like ****ing Subway this year!

Broncos will go 12-4.

DarkHorse
08-25-2011, 08:29 PM
Why so cryptic?

Dunno what you mean?

Lloyd has been held out of practices citing swelling in his knee, yet he's played in games.

Is this going to be a problem down the road and if so what would our starting/depth at wr look like?

baja
08-25-2011, 08:35 PM
With a thread title like that "sure to open" one you selected you should be in marketing.

vancejohnson82
08-25-2011, 08:43 PM
didnt hear anything about this

but now I definitely won't be able to enjoy my yoga session tonight as much

Mr. Elway
08-25-2011, 08:46 PM
<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jHjFxJVeCQs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DarkHorse
08-26-2011, 07:35 AM
Sorry - is the thread title inaccurate or misleading?

I, for one, cannot stand misleading thread titles like the 18 that currently reside on the main page regarding Tebow being the 7th qb, 9th qb, etc.....

ROFL!

This place seems to turn into jelly when a legitimate question is asked LOL

Drunk Monkey
08-26-2011, 07:40 AM
I am with the others on this one. What is wrong with Lloyd? Care to reference something? Not saying you are wrong I just haven't heard anything about this.

Flex Gunmetal
08-26-2011, 07:43 AM
I am with the others on this one. What is wrong with Lloyd? Care to reference something? Not saying you are wrong I just haven't heard anything about this.

He was out yesterday, or left early. I heard it was his groin tho.

DarkHorse
08-26-2011, 07:59 AM

Sorry I guess it's my fault for assuming that everyone had been keeping up with the camp reports and whatnot.

Lloyd was held out of 2, I think, previous practices for swelling and discomfort in his knee - but he played in both games (could have been prior to just one of the games, I can't remember). Then he was held out of practice yesterday as well, so i'm wondering is there a problem there that may rear it's ugly head sometime during this season and if so - what does our depth look like?

EDIT: Just in case you need reference I found this article in the DP:
http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_18650128?source=commented-

Here's another that references the issues in the pre-season
http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Brandon_Lloyd/1783657/lloyd-misses-practice-thursday

baja
08-26-2011, 08:08 AM
Sorry I guess it's my fault for assuming that everyone had been keeping up with the camp reports and whatnot.

Lloyd was held out of 2, I think, previous practices for swelling and discomfort in his knee - but he played in both games (could have been prior to just one of the games, I can't remember). Then he was held out of practice yesterday as well, so i'm wondering is there a problem there that may rear it's ugly head sometime during this season and if so - what does our depth look like?

Got that in your OP. I think the (small) issue was the wording of the thread title could be taken to mean Lloyd re injured his knee.

Beantown Bronco
08-26-2011, 08:21 AM
I know I sound like a broken record on this one but, "aren't we glad we got rid of Gaffney?"

baja
08-26-2011, 08:23 AM
I know I sound like a broken record on this one but, "aren't we glad we got rid of Gaffney?"

Ya that made no sense

Smilin Assassin
08-26-2011, 09:32 AM
Ya that made no sense

Actually, it did make a little bit of sense. Provided Jarmon becomes a quality D-lineman for us.

Trading from an area of strength and depth (Royal, Lloyd, Anderson, Willis, Decker, D. Thomas (if ever healthy), for one w/out. (D-line)

Makes sense to me.

TheReverend
08-26-2011, 09:40 AM

Btw, I clearly have not been big on Gaffney, but he REALLY looks like a Rod Smith clone in Washington now :/

Drunk Monkey
08-26-2011, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the clarification. I am guilty of of not paying attention to the camp reports lately. All the QB crap that is going on is really taking it's toll on my level of excitement.

Re Lloyd I wouldn't read to much into it. He is a vet and if he is a little banged up it makes sense to sit him. He really dosen't need to prove anything in preseason.

TheReverend
08-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Actually, it did make a little bit of sense. Provided Jarmon becomes a quality D-lineman for us.

Trading from an area of strength and depth (Royal, Lloyd, Anderson, Willis, Decker, D. Thomas (if ever healthy), for one w/out. (D-line)

Makes sense to me.

Starter at premium position =/= 3rd string for lower tier position

Beantown Bronco
08-26-2011, 09:48 AM

Strength and depth? I see one guy that would start for the majority of the teams in the league, one who MIGHT start for a few teams, and a bunch of walking wounded, scrubs or unknowns.

DivineBronco
08-26-2011, 09:56 AM
Denver_Broncos Denver Broncos
Brandon Lloyd, who left practice early yesterday due to a team decision, has also returned to today's practice

Quoydogs
08-26-2011, 10:00 AM
Strength and depth? I see one guy that would start for the majority of the teams in the league, one who MIGHT start for a few teams, and a bunch of walking wounded, scrubs or unknowns.

Wow I just read a whole thread without the you know vs you know who. It was nice. Thanks.

I think we will be fine at WR. They have all looked really good in the games I have seen. If all else fails we can always try champ at wide out again. :)

Rock Chalk
08-26-2011, 10:08 AM
Starter at premium position =/= 3rd string for lower tier position

I believe the equation operator you are looking for is !=

Ray Finkle
08-26-2011, 10:10 AM
Btw, I clearly have not been big on Gaffney, but he REALLY looks like a Rod Smith clone in Washington now :/

I'm forced to watch every skins game.....Gaffney is the only complete WR they have....

TheReverend
08-26-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm forced to watch every skins game.....Gaffney is the only complete WR they have....

Santana Moss frowns at you.

Agamemnon
08-26-2011, 10:50 AM

I'm still not totally clear on why we traded him. It's not like we needed the cap space.

Kaylore
08-26-2011, 11:11 AM
John Beck is awesome, by the way.

cutthemdown
08-26-2011, 12:40 PM
Dunno what you mean?

Lloyd has been held out of practices citing swelling in his knee, yet he's played in games.

Is this going to be a problem down the road and if so what would our starting/depth at wr look like?

How would anyone know and don't you know who the bkups are? Of course we will stink if we lose our best offensive weapon. That goes without saying. But I wouldn't worry too much about it until he misses games.

Ray Finkle
08-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Santana Moss frowns at you.

if you think he is even close to a complete receiver, you're smoking drayno...

TheReverend
08-26-2011, 01:29 PM
if you think he is even close to a complete receiver, you're smoking drayno...

...............but Gaffney is? Ha!

Moss has had 3x the career and a good bit of it with much worse QBs. Moss is also a much better (and especially more vicious) blocker. I personally wonder what the dynamic has been like between him and Atogwe now that they're teammates after Santana's crack on him last year.

DarkHorse
08-26-2011, 05:51 PM
Sorry for the confusion with the thread title. Just wanted to start a Broncos football thread that had somewhat relevance and didn't include Orton or Tebow.

How would anyone know and don't you know who the bkups are? Of course we will stink if we lose our best offensive weapon. That goes without saying. But I wouldn't worry too much about it until he misses games.

Well you would think that without Lloyd in there that Orton would be forced to choose at least 1 more receiver to throw the ball to since his 1st, 2nd and 3rd read (Lloyd) could possibly be out. We may actually see something else in the WR corp that we won't see with Lloyd in there. Not saying that I want Lloyd to miss any time but at some point we're going to have to include the other receivers in our gameplan.

Maybe my memory isn't that great but for some reason this reminds me of the Javon Walker deal. Am I wrong or did we have some weird issue with Walker and an injury where he was healthy then not then healthy then out for a while? Anyone remember that?

broncosteven
08-26-2011, 06:21 PM
John Beck is awesome, by the way.

Do you have to say that because your mormon?

gunns
08-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Do you have to say that because your mormon?

They don't have to but they do.