PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Tebow likely to be 7th string QB for DEN

Pontius Pirate
08-25-2011, 11:33 AM
According to unnamed sources within John Elway Chevrolet, Mr. Elway was overheard describing the latest QB depth chart:

"Well, Pat, here's how I see it: Kyle is #1. He's earned it. Brady has come along quite nicely. He's our #2. Now, Adam Weber - he's a gunslinger. He's got moxie. I like him at #3. Tim? I'll get to Tim in a second. For #4, I think Matt Prater would be a great emergency option. Have you seen him throw? Have you seen him drive? Great driver. Really bounces off defending cars very well. For #5, I personally would like to get out there and QB if necessary. That's a deep emergency option. At #6, I think we go with Plummer. Yep, call him up and see if he'll stand-by. And then #7, we'll go with Tebow. He's got lots of potential."

Full article here:

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Entertainment/images-5/gary-coleman-mark-messier.jpg

Gcver2ver3
08-25-2011, 11:38 AM
lol...

Dr. Broncenstein
08-25-2011, 12:06 PM
The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Smiling Assassin27
08-25-2011, 12:15 PM
According to unnamed sources within John Elway Chevrolet, Mr. Elway was overheard describing the latest QB depth chart:

"Well, Pat, here's how I see it: Kyle is #1. He's earned it. Brady has come along quite nicely. He's our #2. Now, Adam Weber - he's a gunslinger. He's got moxie. I like him at #3. Tim? I'll get to Tim in a second. For #4, I think Matt Prater would be a great emergency option. Have you seen him throw? Have you seen him drive? Great driver. Really bounces off defending cars very well. For #5, I personally would like to get out there and QB if necessary. That's a deep emergency option. At #6, I think we go with Plummer. Yep, call him up and see if he'll stand-by. And then #7, we'll go with Tebow. He's got lots of potential."

Full article here:

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Entertainment/images-5/gary-coleman-mark-messier.jpg

Actually, Rod Smith, the emergency qb during the glory days has already committed to the 7th spot. Timmy's 8.

RhymesayersDU
08-25-2011, 01:00 PM
Hah!

Chris
08-25-2011, 01:01 PM
Where is Jarious Jackson in all of this.. he deserves a shot.

supermanhr9
08-25-2011, 01:04 PM
I think Elvis Grbac deserves another chance under center. Great arm, high motor guy.

Smiling Assassin27
08-25-2011, 01:07 PM
Where is Jarious Jackson in all of this.. he deserves a shot.

He's at some park throwing passes and waiting for a call that will never come...from the UFL.

ghwk
08-25-2011, 01:08 PM
I'd go with George Blanda if we can get him out of the grave.

Smiling Assassin27
08-25-2011, 01:10 PM
I'd go with George Blanda if we can get him out of the grave.

WTF? I didn't even know he was sick.

ghwk
08-25-2011, 01:15 PM
WTF? I didn't even know he was sick.

Passed in Sept. of 2010. Gotta give him his props even though he was a Raider.

Still he pushes Tebow to #8 if he signs. :~ohyah!:

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
08-25-2011, 03:13 PM

Full article here:

Ok now you guys are just being mean. He is a Denver Bronco. Stop.

Aftermath
08-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Hostetler + Mustache for 8th!

missingnumber7
08-25-2011, 07:05 PM
He's at some park throwing passes and waiting for a call that will never come...from the UFL.

He's actually a backup in canada.

http://bclions.com/uploads/assets/BC/pages/Depth_Chart/2011/BC%20Lions%2046-Man%20Roster%20-%20Aug%2019.pdf

Pick Six
08-25-2011, 07:08 PM
Well, 7 IS a lucky number in Denver. I'm just sayin'...:Elway:

Broncos_2231
08-25-2011, 08:23 PM
LOL ... who cares if he's #2 or #22. There will be a package of plays specifically for him and as long as he has success moving the ball, he'll always be in integral part of the offense this season and beyond.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Dagmar
08-25-2011, 08:25 PM
http://tf2chan.net/vg/src/129657196058.gif

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
08-25-2011, 08:35 PM
He's actually a backup in canada.

http://bclions.com/uploads/assets/BC/pages/Depth_Chart/2011/BC%20Lions%2046-Man%20Roster%20-%20Aug%2019.pdf

I was at a Canadian Football game couple weeks ago. Trust me I'd rather be the janitor at Sports Authority Field @ Mile High(just wanted to write that once, it feels wrong).

Blueflame
08-25-2011, 08:35 PM

Orton's a Denver Bronco too... yet we have all this hand-wringing over Tebow's possible hurt feelers, but not a single word of concern about how Kyle might feel if he lurked here and read some of the posts.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
08-25-2011, 08:45 PM
Orton's a Denver Bronco too... yet we have all this hand-wringing over Tebow's possible hurt feelers, but not a single word of concern about how Kyle might feel if he lurked here and read some of the posts.

I don't mind talking about Orton/Tebow/Quinn. So long its serious, but when you're making fun of Tebow or Orton or Quinn, you're making fun of a Bronco. That's all I'm sayin. When you make a Bronco the butt end of a joke, you make the Broncos the butt end of a joke.

baja
08-25-2011, 08:46 PM

When I saw Kyle in line at Cabo Wabo a few months ago we struck up a conversation and I didn't have the heart to tell him about the OM for that very reason Blue.

AZorange1
08-25-2011, 09:05 PM
Now I'm gettin' pis*sed. Just listened to Mark Schlereth on ESPN critique Cam Newtons performance tonite against Cincy. "Well, he's having trouble in the pocket (looks like a deer in the headlights) and they just need to design some plays to capitolize on his talents out of the pocket I think he said. So let's continue to bash Tebow (he'll never be a NFL Q-back according to numerous sources) and coddle Scam Newton. Tebow looks like an all-pro compared to what I saw Scam do tonite.

TDmvp
08-25-2011, 09:19 PM
Now I'm gettin' pis*sed. Just listened to Mark Schlereth on ESPN critique Cam Newtons performance tonite against Cincy. "Well, he's having trouble in the pocket (looks like a deer in the headlights) and they just need to design some plays to capitolize on his talents out of the pocket I think he said. So let's continue to bash Tebow (he'll never be a NFL Q-back according to numerous sources) and coddle Scam Newton. Tebow looks like an all-pro compared to what I saw Scam do tonite.

I used to listen to a lot of sports talk radio and watch all the sport talk tv shows I could find be it espn or whatever I stumbled onto ...

Now not so much. The older I get the more I hate most of them and would rather just watch the games and know who really sucks and who doesn't.

AZorange1
08-25-2011, 10:18 PM
I used to listen to a lot of sports talk radio and watch all the sport talk tv shows I could find be it espn or whatever I stumbled onto ...

Now not so much. The older I get the more I hate most of them and would rather just watch the games and know who really sucks and who doesn't.

Very good point----it is what it is

Miss I.
08-25-2011, 10:35 PM
I don't mind talking about Orton/Tebow/Quinn. So long its serious, but when you're making fun of Tebow or Orton or Quinn, you're making fun of a Bronco. That's all I'm sayin. When you make a Bronco the butt end of a joke, you make the Broncos the butt end of a joke.

Actually, I am going to respectfully disagree to a point. I find the humorous takes less offensive then the ones that seriously say nasty things about our players most of the time. Again, this is at least partially dependent on the situation.

Some of the jokes are actually funny and I think it helps lighten things up. I love the Broncos, but it is football, not my life and people get really butthurt if you disagree with them over something when it is all just an opinion and hardly worth the effort.

Now there are times, both in serious and joking situations things are taken too far. I find some comments on the Kyle Orton's new baby thread outright assholish and clearly posted with the intent to incite yet another Tebow vs Orton debate. That **** is getting old.

On the other hand some of the joking posts aimed at Orton are funny and posted clearly in the sense of light hearted fun.

I believe this OP was posted in this sense of light heartedness as an attempt to get this board to lighten up about the whole where is Tebow on the depth chart because right now it doesn't matter and frankly none of the bitching is going to change it. The only thing that will get this changed is Tebow performing better and managment making the move. All the armchair analysis is amusing bickering but pointless and I find this thread hysterical at moments.

Anyway, my 50 cents for what it's worth.

Go Broncos! Also, I concur 7 is a lucky # for the Broncos! Go Tebow! Go Orton! Go Hillis,oh wait, um...oops. Oh I know, Go Eric Decker! ;D

Pick Six
08-26-2011, 07:19 AM

He is a multi-millionaire, playing a game. I'm not going to worry about hurting his feelings...

Blueflame
08-26-2011, 12:53 PM

And that was one of the primary reasons why I was so harsh on McDaniels... because of some of his rookie mistakes it seemed like my beloved Broncos were the punchline of the joke nearly every week on Sportscenter throughout his tenure. :-/

The harsh glare of fame has its drawbacks for all celebrities... and one facet is the increased likelihood of being lampooned by publications like The Onion. It kinda "comes with the territory" when one seeks the spotlight... and Tim's hype (the distractions that come with his high profile) was one of the reasons why some Broncos fans reacted somewhat negatively when McDaniels drafted him.