PDA

View Full Version : Will we learn anything this Saturday?

Paul Finebaum PWNS!
08-25-2011, 10:44 AM
3rd preseason game is always the most telling and most interesting to watch. Remember the inspired effort the '05 Broncos put forth against Peyton Manning and the Colts on a CBS national broadcast?

How much will we learn about this year's Broncos versus the Seahawks though? Seattle has been ridiculed of late due to their QB situation. However, they have a good set of skill position players in Rice, Lynch, Miller, Williams, Carlson and Tate so I guess they are not chopped liver.

NFLBRONCO
08-25-2011, 11:03 AM
I always like facing a better team in 3rd preseason game just to get a small gauge on the progess we made. Imo Seattle is weak at QB not the strong team I hoped for this preseason.

smoke4815162342
08-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Three seasons ago we learned the Detroit Lions were going to be really good when following their preseason progress. They went 4-0 and looked really good. And then they went 0-16.

BroncoMan4ever
08-25-2011, 11:06 AM
we learn about how we stack up against the rush against one of the better backs in the league and see if we are improved or the same as last season. we get to see what a full game plan from this regime looks like. and not much else.

most of the questions remaining with the team seemingly are about the backups and they will for the most part all be playing in much smaller roles this week.

ozomulsion
08-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Too bad Okung isn't playing. I'd like to see if Von or Doom could beat him just once. That would be enough to get me excited.

PRBronco
08-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Too bad Okung isn't playing. I'd like to see if Von or Doom could beat him just once. That would be enough to get me excited.

You'll have to settle for seeing how they do vs. Polumbus :yayaya:

Ziggy
08-25-2011, 11:22 AM
Seattle has a horrible offensive line and no real QB. Okung being out doesn't help at all. This won't be a real test for this defense unfortunately.

Gcver2ver3
08-25-2011, 11:41 AM
I always like facing a better team in 3rd preseason game just to get a small gauge on the progess we made. Imo Seattle is weak at QB not the strong team I hoped for this preseason.

which would really concern us if we suck then, huh...

NFLBRONCO
08-25-2011, 11:46 AM
which would really concern us if we suck then, huh...

I think most understand we have a long ways to go. So nothing should be that surprising this year. I'm curious the moves we make when teams cut down their rosters. Will we be pretty active or just a few moves.

alkemical
08-25-2011, 11:47 AM
I learned that no matter what, we'll avg 5 new tebow threads a day.

underrated29
08-25-2011, 11:56 AM
lynch is not very good. Just average.

I thought Carlson went to another club, did he stay?

Im more interested to see how we run the ball. If our run D gets chewed up then I will be concerned because I do not think they are a good running team. Stemming from their OL down to their RB.

Powderaddict
08-25-2011, 11:58 AM
I just want to avoid major injuries.

I want to see Miller get another sack, and Von Doom to pester the QB the entire time they are in.

LetsGoBroncos
08-25-2011, 12:02 PM

Like Pittsburgh last year when we murdered them? That meant a lot

Tombstone RJ
08-25-2011, 12:05 PM
It's hard to gauge anything on a preseason game when it comes to the 1st string players. As others have noted a team can look good and preseason and then do lousy in the reg season and vice versa.

I'd like to see Orton get pulled after the first quarter, he doesn't need to play because he's the starter and Fox has concluded he's the starter so why risk injury on a meaningless preseason game?

Play Quin and Tebow with the starters and see what happens. I'd put either Quin or Tebow in with the starting unit in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. My understanding is the first string guys play into the 3rd quarter in the #3 preaseason game. So, let Tebow and Quin get some snaps with the starters.

Gcver2ver3
08-25-2011, 12:08 PM
I think most understand we have a long ways to go. So nothing should be that surprising this year. I'm curious the moves we make when teams cut down their rosters. Will we be pretty active or just a few moves.

fair enough

i'm more optimistic than most...

i think we can compete this season...

CEH
08-25-2011, 12:30 PM
Like Pittsburgh last year when we murdered them? That meant a lot

Great point. Won't learn alot.

Teboner
08-25-2011, 12:31 PM
I learned that no matter what, we'll avg 5 new tebow threads a day.

Thank Jesus.

randomtask
08-25-2011, 12:33 PM
If they do play the starters 3 quarters, then we should get at least 3 sacks. Their line is playing really poorly, and their starting QB is Tarvaris Jackson.

On offense, I really want to see how the run game does, since the Seahawks were actually pretty good against it last year (10th overall).

BroncoMan4ever
08-25-2011, 12:34 PM
You'll have to settle for seeing how they do vs. Polumbus :yayaya:

wasn't it going against Polumbus that Doom tore his pec last year?

BroncoMan4ever
08-25-2011, 12:37 PM
If they do play the starters 3 quarters, then we should get at least 3 sacks. Their line is playing really poorly, and their starting QB is Tarvaris Jackson.

On offense, I really want to see how the run game does, since the Seahawks were actually pretty good against it last year (10th overall).

that will be interesting. if in fact our DL is better and since their OL sucks it will be interesting to see if we are still the type of team that plays down to opponents instead of just coming out and dominating from the start.

DivineLegion
08-25-2011, 12:49 PM
Considering in the past our front 7 has made second team linemen look good, to the point where in the preseason they were getting pushed around often. I feel like any situation is a chance for this team to show some improvement. First team linemen, or backups, we still can glean some semblance of progress.

Chris
08-25-2011, 12:57 PM
Maybe we let Quinn beat up on them and hen trade him to Sea for a 3rd.

TheReverend
08-25-2011, 01:07 PM
If Orton fetal sacks to Mebane, we'll have silver platter handed sacks to two of our DT options this past off-season and I will lol

PRBronco
08-25-2011, 01:09 PM
wasn't it going against Polumbus that Doom tore his pec last year?

Hmm...I do believe it was a back up player. If so, maybe Doom will be hell bent on revenge.

Dedhed
08-25-2011, 01:10 PM
We'd learn something if Orton was to stay with his wife and baby this weekend and we got to see Tebow or Quinn with the starters.

HAT
08-25-2011, 09:25 PM
It's hard to gauge anything on a preseason game when it comes to the 1st string players. As others have noted a team can look good and preseason and then do lousy in the reg season and vice versa.

I'd like to see Orton get pulled after the first quarter, he doesn't need to play because he's the starter and Fox has concluded he's the starter so why risk injury on a meaningless preseason game?

Play Quin and Tebow with the starters and see what happens. I'd put either Quin or Tebow in with the starting unit in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. My understanding is the first string guys play into the 3rd quarter in the #3 preaseason game. So, let Tebow and Quin get some snaps with the starters.

Wait....What?

Orton's a starter so he shouldn't play but the back-up QB's should get time with the "starters"?

I've seen alot of ****ty takes around here but this one confuses me like a mofo.

strafen
08-25-2011, 09:35 PM
3rd preseason game is always the most telling and most interesting to watch. Remember the inspired effort the '05 Broncos put forth against Peyton Manning and the Colts on a CBS national broadcast?

How much will we learn about this year's Broncos versus the Seahawks though? Seattle has been ridiculed of late due to their QB situation. However, they have a good set of skill position players in Rice, Lynch, Miller, Williams, Carlson and Tate so I guess they are not chopped liver.

The starters will play well into the 3rd qtr.
Time to see how well our offense sustain for 3 qtrs.
I also want to see the running game and the OL working together.
The running game will be the key to our success and I think will be more heavily employed this season since the Shanahan's era.
I'm curious how the OL will be working together this time since they seem to have been working together since camp started...

And last the defense. Something else to see and find out where we are...

HAT
08-25-2011, 09:53 PM
I also want to see the running game and the OL working together.

I'd like to see them working apart, Dierdorf.

NFLBRONCO
08-25-2011, 10:31 PM
I'd like to see

Our running game improve
Our run D do well
Get Royal more involved