PDA

View Full Version : Broncos begin to push back against Tebow criticism

bronclvr
08-25-2011, 06:35 AM
For the past few weeks, as criticism of quarterback Tim Tebow from beyond the organization grew, the team didn’t say much of anything. Instead, the new coaching staff’s actions did all the talking, with Tebow sliding from No. 2 to No. 3 on the depth chart. Coupled with a biting item from ESPN’s Rick Reilly, who has a pipeline to Broncos football czar John Elway, there was an unmistakable sense that the Broncos had begun the process of distancing themselves from the final first-round pick of the two-year Josh McDaniels regime.

In the wake of a report from Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports claiming that, according to “one highly knowledgeable member of the organization,” Tebow actually would land behind Adam Weber on the four-deep quarterback depth chart, the Broncos are finally pushing back.

Asked about Silver’s report on Wednesday, coach John Fox gave Tebow a boost.

“First of all, I would like to say that nobody in this building that is in the decision-making process — coach, official, or I don’t know, maybe they heard it from the cook,” Fox said. “I’m not sure, but we hold Tim in high regard. I think he’s got a bright future in this game. He’s playing maybe the hardest position I know in the NFL there is to play, and maybe in all of sports. He’s progressing fine. He’ll get more opportunities in games as we go; those are great opportunities. Last week, he was cut a little short based on how the game went. Defensively, we didn’t get them off the field, and by the time he got in, it was a four-minute situation.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/24/broncos-begin-to-push-back-against-tebow-criticism/related/

dbfan21
08-25-2011, 06:39 AM
Good. I'm glad Fox is stepping up to put these BS reports to rest. I'm sick of the Rick Reilly's, Michael Silver's, Merrill Hoge's and Bommer Esiason's...they are a bunch of puny, inferior wannabes or washed up neverhasbeens.

Lycan
08-25-2011, 06:40 AM
"The Cook"= Code name for Xanders? "The Pizza Boy" just doesn't sound official enough.

strafen
08-25-2011, 07:03 AM
"The Cook"= Code name for Xanders? "The Pizza Boy" just doesn't sound official enough.LOL

tsiguy96
08-25-2011, 07:04 AM
jim sacco went to town on these people, and rightfully so.

maher_tyler
08-25-2011, 08:05 AM
Good. I'm glad Fox is stepping up to put these BS reports to rest. I'm sick of the Rick Reilly's, Michael Silver's, Merrill Hoge's and Bommer Esiason's...they are a bunch of puny, inferior wannabes or washed up neverhasbeens.

This! All those people bashing Tebow, i take with a grain of salt.

bronco militia
08-25-2011, 08:07 AM
Paige: Jump on Tim Tebow-bashing bandwagon at your peril

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_18752495

I'm not jumping aboard.

Less than a month ago, Tebow was deemed to be the Broncos' starter — the returning starter. He started the final three games last season. And Orton, for those who have forgotten, was about to be traded to Miami — at his own and the Broncos' wishes.

Orton has lost eight of nine, 14 of 17 and 17 of his past 22 starts.

Much has been made of Orton's lack of a running game and a miserable defense in such starts as Oakland (59-14), San Diego (35-14) and Arizona (43-14). Tebow had the same backs and defense at Oakland (39-23) and at home against Houston (24-23) and San Diego (33-28). In the 13 games Orton started, the Broncos scored touchdowns inside the red zone on 17 of 104 trips (one on a Tebow run). With Tebow as the starter, the Broncos scored touchdowns 6-of-8 times inside the 20.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-25-2011, 08:10 AM

But if those same people bashed Orton, it's to be believed 100%.

Hilarious!

I love this place.

jhns
08-25-2011, 08:13 AM

I'm not jumping aboard.

Less than a month ago, Tebow was deemed to be the Broncos' starter — the returning starter. He started the final three games last season. And Orton, for those who have forgotten, was about to be traded to Miami — at his own and the Broncos' wishes.

Much has been made of Orton's lack of a running game and a miserable defense in such starts as Oakland (59-14), San Diego (35-14) and Arizona (43-14). Tebow had the same backs and defense at Oakland (39-23) and at home against Houston (24-23) and San Diego (33-28). In the 13 games Orton started, the Broncos scored touchdowns inside the red zone on 17 of 104 trips (one on a Tebow run). With Tebow as the starter, the Broncos scored touchdowns 6-of-8 times inside the 20.

Tebow actually had less help from RBs and didn't have the same backs. Moreno got injured after rushing for 250 in two games with Orton. We only scored 19 total points in those two games.

TheReverend
08-25-2011, 08:14 AM

Hilarious!

I love this place.

...What? Seriously don't understand what you're going for in this post

jhns
08-25-2011, 08:18 AM

Hilarious!

I love this place.

We don't need others to bash Orton. We have watched him start multiple seasons...

OABB
08-25-2011, 08:27 AM

I'm not jumping aboard.

boom! there is finally some sense!

it was like being in a bad dream these past weeks.

Man-Goblin
08-25-2011, 08:28 AM
Tebow will be the #2 on Saturday and will probably play the whole 4th quarter.

Put it in the bank and smoke it.

Teboner
08-25-2011, 08:28 AM

A grain of salt because it was the cook?

Paladin
08-25-2011, 08:30 AM
Tedious TT temper tantrums.......

55CrushEm
08-25-2011, 08:30 AM

I'm not jumping aboard.

Wow.......just wow.

OABB
08-25-2011, 08:34 AM
Wow.......just wow.

crazy right? and people are arguing FOR this....

Peoples Champ
08-25-2011, 08:36 AM
when we got Tebow, i was like meh, he might be good , he might turn out to be average or maybe suck and released. It was whatever. Now after all this Tebow bashing, I am rooting for him to be a HOF quarterback, for the Broncos of course.

WolfpackGuy
08-25-2011, 08:40 AM
Not all his fault, but I didn't realize they were that bad with Orton at the helm in the red zone.

17 TD's in 104 trips is awful no matter how you spin it.

It would be interesting to see the 2009 stats too.

Man-Goblin
08-25-2011, 08:42 AM
I feel bad for the cook. All he wanted to do was feed the players some nutritious meals, and now he's caught up in all this.

bronclvr
08-25-2011, 08:44 AM
I feel bad for the cook. All he wanted to do was feed the players some nutritious meals, and now he's caught up in all this.

LOL :yayaya: Hilarious! Hilarious!

montrose
08-25-2011, 08:48 AM
jim sacco went to town on these people, and rightfully so.

All media, all types and levels, desperate for headlines that will move product...

...great pressure for headlines, and sometimes the tabloid mentality overtakes objectivity, at expense of some great journalists...

...Recent story in NYTimes says 24 of 25 top dailies have experienced record decline in circulation--Wall Street Jrnl the one exception...

...A serious concern for teams is granting access to outlets that provide incentives to writers based on page clicks. That is a problem.

http://twitter.com/#!/broncos_sacco

alkemical
08-25-2011, 08:49 AM
All media, all types and levels, desperate for headlines that will move product...

...great pressure for headlines, and sometimes the tabloid mentality overtakes objectivity, at expense of some great journalists...

...Recent story in NYTimes says 24 of 25 top dailies have experienced record decline in circulation--Wall Street Jrnl the one exception...

...A serious concern for teams is granting access to outlets that provide incentives to writers based on page clicks. That is a problem.

Interesting.

CEH
08-25-2011, 08:53 AM

That's what I told Gary Miller yesterday about Tebow and page clicks and how gullible media guys are to think this story had merit and he took me to task on air. Pretty cool but I was right. Gary was in a surly mood yesterday anyways

Kaylore
08-25-2011, 08:56 AM
"The Cook"= Code name for Xanders? "The Pizza Boy" just doesn't sound official enough.

:~ohyah!:

Garcia Bronco
08-25-2011, 08:59 AM
Wait...according to SoCalBronco, the Broncos hate him and give him a hard time. So now we've had Elway support him and the head coach...and they are paying him 8 million. I wish people would hate on me like that.

ludo21
08-25-2011, 09:00 AM
TEbow can be a red zine threat THIS year. I hope all the media garbage isnt influencing the coaches to think otherwise.

OABB
08-25-2011, 09:00 AM

Hilarious!

I love this place.

well yeah...because its warranted.

Garcia Bronco
08-25-2011, 09:01 AM
That's what I told Gary Miller yesterday about Tebow and page clicks and how gullible media guys are to think this story had merit and he took me to task on air. Pretty cool but I was right. Gary was in a surly mood yesterday anyways

Why do you waste your time talking to those losers? By doing so you only perpetuate the myth that they know anything about the Broncos or sports in general.

Dagmar
08-25-2011, 09:05 AM
I like Ross Tucker's tweet on the whole thing.

RossTuckerNFL (http://twitter.com/#%21/RossTuckerNFL) Ross Tucker

Evidently the fastest way to get attention/pub these days is to criticize Tebow. So, I hate him. He smells. He's left-handed. :)

Dagmar
08-25-2011, 09:08 AM

Hilarious!

I love this place.

You make yourself look incredibly ignorant here. Go into the Boomer thread. Orton supporters did the EXACT same thing, but this came from the team, not an outside douche like Boomer.

Dedhed
08-25-2011, 09:14 AM

Hilarious!

I love this place.

Or if they praise Orton. You're getting funny to watch.

TonyR
08-25-2011, 09:15 AM
Here's a brief article on a study that might help explain why so many people "hate" Tebow. It's called "anticipated reproach". Probably a bit above and beyond the level of most discussion here but just passing along fyi...

http://articles.boston.com/2011-08-11/bostonglobe/29877019_1_questionnaire-task-alibi

Dedhed
08-25-2011, 09:16 AM
I like Ross Tucker's tweet on the whole thing.

RossTuckerNFL (http://twitter.com/#%21/RossTuckerNFL) Ross Tucker

Evidently the fastest way to get attention/pub these days is to criticize Tebow. So, I hate him. He smells. He's left-handed. :)

That's pretty good. Also it's pretty true.

It's clear that anything that the debases Tebow is getting attention right now. The media will write anything that gets attention, so articles debasing Tebow are media gold right now whether they possess any truth or not.

Pick Six
08-25-2011, 09:18 AM
It's preseason. Quinn needed an opportunity to show he belongs on the team. There is nothing sinister about this...

baja
08-25-2011, 09:22 AM
Here's a brief article on a study that might help explain why so many people "hate" Tebow. It's called "anticipated reproach". Probably a bit above and beyond the level of most discussion here but just passing along fyi...

http://articles.boston.com/2011-08-11/bostonglobe/29877019_1_questionnaire-task-alibi

Very interesting thanks for posting it.

CEH
08-25-2011, 09:24 AM
Why do you waste your time talking to those losers? By doing so you only perpetuate the myth that they know anything about the Broncos or sports in general.

First and foremost I enjoy the show. I like the guests that come on. I like the ability to communicate directly with them, alot of times they talk about the topics I am interested in that day and if I ask a question more times than not they will give me an answer off the record.

I guess To each his own

OABB
08-25-2011, 09:25 AM

i swear that article is about tgn. another tern for it, and I think less sciency sounding is better, is hateboner.

Chris
08-25-2011, 09:31 AM
ah... zee hateboner... hopefully not ending in anne coulter hatesechs.

Kaylore
08-25-2011, 09:44 AM
I really think not only do they believe in Tebow, they want to work on developing him. I have seen it when they spend segments of practice with Tebow working on packages built around Tebow's ability - with the first team offense. Several packages and plays that never made it on the field in the preseason game which suggests to me they're keeping them for the regular season. I think the front office is trying to balance developing the guys they see in their future without being unfair to those who are performing and deserve more playing time.

Quinn has really come along. He made an extra effort in the offseason and its paid off in the preseason. If you don't reward players like him then you risk sending the wrong message to team that hard work doesn't matter. Fox already has the locker room's respect, but that doesn't mean he is going to burn through it his first year (see Mcdaniels) and turn his new team off to him.

I think in a few weeks we'll look back on these events and see the front office and coaching staff had a plan and are sticking to it and being patient with it. And I firmly believe that plan has Tebow here in the long term.

Tombstone RJ
08-25-2011, 09:47 AM

This is nothing new at all and is part of human nature. The Bible has shown this to be a fact for centuries and centuries. The righteous are persecuted over and over and over and over...

wanna know why our society is tanking? no one is living via biblical principles and it is absolutely affecting the moral foundation of our society.

yah, yah I know, spew away on your hate...

tsiguy96
08-25-2011, 09:50 AM
This is nothing new at all and is part of human nature. The Bible has shown this to be a fact for centuries and centuries. The righteous are persecuted over and over and over and over...

wanna know why our society is tanking? no one is living via biblical principles and it is absolutely affecting the moral foundation of our society.

http://dekerivers.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/bush-say-what.jpg

Steve Sewell
08-25-2011, 09:51 AM

Hilarious!

I love this place.

One of my friends called me today and said that Cowturd was singing Orton's praises on his show today. What does that tell ya?

bronclvr
08-25-2011, 09:52 AM
I really think not only do they believe in Tebow, they want to work on developing him. I have seen it when they spend segments of practice with Tebow working on packages built around Tebow's ability - with the first team offense. Several packages and plays that never made it on the field in the preseason game which suggests to me they're keeping them for the regular season. I think the front office is trying to balance developing the guys they see in their future without being unfair to those who are performing and deserve more playing time.

Quinn has really come along. He made an extra effort in the offseason and its paid off in the preseason. If you don't reward players like him then you risk sending the wrong message to team that hard work doesn't matter. Fox already has the locker room's respect, but that doesn't mean he is going to burn through it his first year (see Mcdaniels) and turn his new team off to him.

I think in a few weeks we'll look back on these events and see the front office and coaching staff had a plan and are sticking to it and being patient with it. And I firmly believe that plan has Tebow here in the long term.

I really hope you are right about this one, Kaylore, and thank you for the analysis regarding how they are working with Tebow and hopefully, Quinn-

Steve Sewell
08-25-2011, 09:53 AM
Not all his fault, but I didn't realize they were that bad with Orton at the helm in the red zone.

That can't be right.

104 trips to the red zone in 13 games? That would require insane production.

Captain 'Dre
08-25-2011, 09:53 AM

Tim's not quite as awful as everbody's making him out to be," Fox told reporters at an impromptu after-practice talk with the media. "He's really excellent at bussing tables in the lunch room, and collecting towels off the lockerroom floor. We're confident that, with more hard work, Tim will soon be taking charge of the club's recycling program that raises money for local charities. People who claim that Timmy is useless really are mis-characterizing the situation."

Hilarious!

worm
08-25-2011, 09:57 AM
The 'Life of Tebow' movie rights have been going up in value in the last month. How can you have an epic, over-coming adversity saga without...adversity?

I think this will all be much ado about nothing when Fox finds a way to give him opportunities in the red zone this year (to be successful IMO, some of those have to be throwing opportunities).

Hopefully in a blow-out type game, Fox will go to him as well to give him some prolonged work.

BTW, I think the press squealer is Joe Ellis. The man responsible more than anyone for the current state of affairs at Dove Valley (along with Bowlen's misplaced trust in him).

Kaylore
08-25-2011, 09:58 AM

The problem with this argument is Tebow isn't telling people what to do and he isn't in a position of authority. He's just a football player. He doesn't go around telling people to live their lives a certain way except in places that people are willing to listen to him (churches, ministries, etc.). Unfortunately we live in a time where people get aggravated just being reminded that they might be living wrong or even less righteously than they perhaps could be. Just being around someone who lives a certain way according to certain principles can make some insecure people feel they are judging them. I mean if they think living a certain way is right, then obviously they think me not living that way is wrong. Which of course is fallacious and superficial, but that's how it is. What is disturbing is the anger factor seems to be going up where the intolerance or and hatred for people who try to live religiously is increasing every day. It is unfortunate.

AlphaSeirra
08-25-2011, 10:01 AM
CBS Press Event - Esiason plainly stated that Tebow isn't an NFL quarterback.
"He can't play. He can't throw," Esiason said. Reported by USA-Today
In an NFL.com Interview: "I wouldn't want him to be my 1st round draft choice starting QB, which he's not capable of being right now."

Boomer Esiason is to STU-PID to be able to read the stat sheet and understand what it's saying.
But his biased Tebow-Hater view is so typical of the 'media morons' that are busy stinking up the place. Merril Hoge is another in this slimmy mold.

Tebow's NFL QB Passer Rating:
Rookie = 82.1 (#1 2010 Rookie Passer Rating)
Rushing 5.3 ypc with 6 rushing TD's (Broncos leading runner)
* Rushing 6.4 ypc with 3 TD's as the starter .

Against Oakland in his Black-Hole 1st start, he had a 100.5 QB Passer Rating with a 33 yd TD pass.
Against Houston he threw for over 300 Yards with a TD in just his 2nd start.
Against San Diego the threw for 2 TD's and over 200 Yards in his 3rd start.
But of course, 3 COLD starts at the end of a season on a 3-10 team means absolutely nothing at all. :spit:

2011 Preseason Passer Rating: 91.7 (better than Orton's or Quinn's)
He is 7 of 9 (77.8%) for 101 yds, (14.4 yds/comp) (way better)
Rushing 7.25 ypc (their's is non-existent)
So yep, Tebow is a joke with no chance...:ouwknow:

>>> Both areas have improved from his rookie 9 Games, 3 Starts. Even though he had no off season training with the coaches, to his limited use in the preseason with virtually ZERO practice or playing time with the Bronco 1st teamers.

More Booming horsechit: "Esiason said he's rooting for Tebow and welcomes the opportunity to shower the former Heisman Trophy winner with positive commentary were he to turn things around.
For now, however, he has no qualms about the criticism."

~ But every media moron also knew that Tim wouldn't be able to take a snap from under center,,, right?
However, on 137 snaps as a Bronco, Tim has ONLY 1 fumble that did NOT even result in a turnover.

Tebow, on 137 Total career plays, ZERO lost poss fumbles.
On 46 runs for 249, 5.4 ypc, 6 TD's to ZERO lost poss. fumbles.
(Way better than FB Mike 'A-Train' Alstott did as an NFL rookie with the Bucs)zowie!

Idiots also claim that Tebow can't throw an accurate pass, or read defenses and then make good decisions.

~ On 91 Career passes: 15.7 yds/comp with 5 TD's to 3 Ints.
(that was only the best TD/Int ratio for any 2010 Rookie QB)

Tim Tebow's Career passing accuracy as a Bronco:

48 of 91 (52.7%) for 755 yds, (8.3 yds/att - 15.7 yds/comp), 5 TD's, 3 Ints.
Only 8 sacks for 42 yds, 5.2 yds/Sck.

Analysis: -- Should Tim throw more short yardage dink & dunk passes and tolerate Ints, just to slightly increase his completion percentage? (like Orton & Quinn do):ban:

When Tim Tebow (http://www.nfl.com/players/timtebow/profile?id=TEB603856) was taken in the first round of the 2010 NFL Draft, Boomer Esiason couldn't believe it. "Maybe Josh McDaniels saw something in him that none of us saw," the CBS Sports analyst and former NFL quarterback thought. Less than a year later, McDaniels was out as the Broncos coach, and Esiason's thoughts seem to be validated: "McDaniels must have been the only one who saw it." Esiason was particularly critical of Tebow during a CBS press event Tuesday. As reported in USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/mccarthy/story/2011-08-23/CBS-Sports-analysts-cool-on-Tim-Tebows-NFL-chances/50111678/1), Esiason plainly stated that Tebow isn't an NFL quarterback.
"He can't play. He can't throw," Esiason said.
Esiason didn't hesitate to elaborate on his comments Wednesday afternoon in an interview with NFL.com. Esiason said; "The kid is a tremendous character kid," but I wouldn't want him to be my first-round draft choice starting quarterback, which he's not capable of being right now." "If he was drafted in the fifth round, we wouldn't be talking about this. But the fact he was drafted so high ... it's one of the reasons in my opinion Josh McDaniels was fired."
(no Josh probably got fired because he didn't start Tebow over Orton in game 1 last year, Tebow might have saved him, 3-10 Orton certainly didn't):kiddingme

Esiason said he's rooting for Tebow and welcomes the opportunity to shower the former Heisman Trophy winner with positive commentary were he to turn things around. For now, however, he has no qualms about the criticism. "I think what I said was accurate, and I'll stand by it," Esiason said. "I'm not backing away from it or apologizing for it. It's unfortunate he got drafted so high because a great deal of scrutiny and criticism comes with that."

So yep, Esiason is a comfirmed Tebow-Hater media moron and/or he has terminal STU-PIDITY. :stirstir:

To quote Ron White; "You can't fix stupid, cause Stu-pid is Fo-Eva-Ah".....
Esiason hypothesized that if you combined Russell and Tebow, you could build a pretty good player.

And I hypothesize that if you combined Boomer with a turd, you'd just get a stupid-turd. thwack

>>>> IF they (Broncos staff) really want to get a fix on Tim, then let him practice all week with the 1st team. Then let him start the game with the first team. Send Orton in for the 4th quarter with the 3rd teamers and scrubs and then let's judge their results....:bandwagon

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-25-2011, 10:02 AM
One of my friends called me today and said that Cowturd was singing Orton's praises on his show today. What does that tell ya?

It tells me that there's one guy singing his praises. Nothing more. It's not a media conspiracy like some ****tard in another thread dreamed up.

When someone sings Tebow's praises, everyone celebrates the writer. IF someone disses Tebow, or god forbid says "he's not ready," that writer is to be castigated forever and ever.

It really is humorous. Watching the Tebow Nutsuckers like dedhead and Rev work themselves into a tizzy over every single piece of "news" that comes on the board is the funniest bit.

Steve Sewell

That can't be right.

baja

wanna know why our society is tanking? <b>no one is living via biblical principles and it is absolutely affecting the moral foundation of our society.</b>

Including pseudo Christians

Tombstone RJ
08-25-2011, 10:09 AM
Including pseudo Christians

There are those who talk the talk and then there are those who walk the walk. Obviously a guy like TT is walking the walk. Hypocrits are also acknowledged throughout the Bible, and they will experience a special kind of wrath from God.

OABB
08-25-2011, 10:13 AM
In an NFL.com Interview: "I wouldn't want him to be my 1st round draft choice starting QB, which he's not capable of being right now."

Boomer Esiason is to STU-PID to be able to read the stat sheet and understand what it's saying.
But his biased Tebow-Hater view is so typical of the 'media moronus' that are busy stinking up the place. Merril Hoge is another in this slimmy mold.

Against Oakland in his Black-Hole 1st start, he had a 100.5 QB Passer Rating with a 33 yd TD pass.
But of course, 3 COLD starts at the end of a season on a 3-10 team means absolutely nothing at all. :spit:

>>> Both areas have improved from his rookie 9 Games, 3 Starts. Even though he had no off season training with the coaches, to his limited use in the preseason with virtually ZERO practice or playing time with the Bronco 1st teamers.

More Booming horsechit: "Esiason said he's rooting for Tebow and welcomes the opportunity to shower the former Heisman Trophy winner with positive commentary were he to turn things around.

~ But every media moron also knew that Tim wouldn't be able to take a snap from under center,,, right?
However, on 137 snaps as a Bronco, Tim has ONLY 1 fumble that did NOT even result in a turnover.

(Way better than FB Mike 'A-Train' Alstott did as an NFL rookie with the Bucs)zowie!

Idiots also claim that Tebow can't throw an accurate pass, or read defenses and then make good decisions.

Analysis: -- Should Tim throw more short yardage dink & dunk passes and tolerate Ints, just to slightly increase his completion percentage? (like Orton & Quinn do):ban:

When Tim Tebow (http://www.nfl.com/players/timtebow/profile?id=TEB603856) was taken in the first round of the 2010 NFL Draft, Boomer Esiason couldn't believe it. "Maybe Josh McDaniels saw something in him that none of us saw," the CBS Sports analyst and former NFL quarterback thought. Less than a year later, McDaniels was out as the Broncos coach, and Esiason's thoughts seem to be validated: "McDaniels must have been the only one who saw it." Esiason was particularly critical of Tebow during a CBS press event Tuesday. As reported in USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/mccarthy/story/2011-08-23/CBS-Sports-analysts-cool-on-Tim-Tebows-NFL-chances/50111678/1), Esiason plainly stated that Tebow isn't an NFL quarterback.
Esiason didn't hesitate to elaborate on his comments Wednesday afternoon in an interview with NFL.com. Esiason said; "The kid is a tremendous character kid," but I wouldn't want him to be my first-round draft choice starting quarterback, which he's not capable of being right now." "If he was drafted in the fifth round, we wouldn't be talking about this. But the fact he was drafted so high ... it's one of the reasons in my opinion Josh McDaniels was fired."
(no Josh probably got fired because he didn't start Tebow over Orton in game 1 last year, Tebow might have saved him, 3-10 Orton certainly didn't):kiddingme

Esiason said he's rooting for Tebow and welcomes the opportunity to shower the former Heisman Trophy winner with positive commentary were he to turn things around. For now, however, he has no qualms about the criticism. "I think what I said was accurate, and I'll stand by it," Esiason said. "I'm not backing away from it or apologizing for it. It's unfortunate he got drafted so high because a great deal of scrutiny and criticism comes with that."

So yep, Esiason is a comfirmed Tebow-Hater media moron and/or he has terminal STU-PIDITY. :stirstir:

Esiason hypothesized that if you combined Russell and Tebow, you could build a pretty good player.

And I hypothesize that if you combined Boomer with a turd, you'd just get a stupid-turd. thwack

>>>> IF they (Broncos staff) really want to get a fix on Tim, then let him practice all week with the 1st team. Then let him start the game with the first team. Send Orton in for the 4th quarter with the 3rd teamers and scrubs and then let's judge their results....:bandwagon

what an impressive young qb! how can anyone not be excited about this qbotf?

oh yeah, hateboners. enjoy the next 15 yeats ****s.

OABB
08-25-2011, 10:15 AM
It tells me that there's one guy singing his praises. Nothing more. It's not a media conspiracy like some ****tard in another thread dreamed up.

When someone sings Tebow's praises, everyone celebrates the writer. IF someone disses Tebow, or god forbid says "he's not ready," that writer is to be castigated forever and ever.

It really is humorous. Watching the Tebow Nutsuckers like dedhead and Rev work themselves into a tizzy over every single piece of "news" that comes on the board is the funniest bit.

so you are saying the media reporting on Tebow is that hes "not ready"? you dont think its "he cant okay qb at all"?

are you biased, crazy or stupid?

TheReverend
08-25-2011, 10:17 AM
That can't be right.

Correct. Something's off there.

I BELIEVE Denver hit the redzone 51 times last year. Take out 8 for Tebow and that leaves 43.

So I'm assuming it's meant to be 17/43. Much more realistic figure.

OABB
08-25-2011, 10:18 AM

I BELIEVE Denver hit the redzone 51 times last year. Take out 8 for Tebow and that leaves 43.

this. still sucks.

TailgateNut
08-25-2011, 10:22 AM
i swear that article is about tgn. another tern for it, and I think less sciency sounding is better, is hateboner.

I swear your brain surgery must be elligible for a court judgement in your favor.

ant1999e
08-25-2011, 10:22 AM

Hilarious!

I love this place.

Where you been? Did you get banned again?

baja
08-25-2011, 10:24 AM
There are those who talk the talk and then there are those who walk the walk. Obviously a guy like TT is walking the walk. Hypocrits are also acknowledged throughout the Bible, and they will experience a special kind of wrath from God.

Why is God wrathful?

OABB
08-25-2011, 10:27 AM
I swear your brain surgery must be elligible for a court judgement in your favor.

did you read the article? It's you dude. It's actually kind of funny. don't get mad, alot of people are judgemental assholes.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-25-2011, 10:27 AM
Where you been? Did you get banned again?

I've been around. Couple days of vacation last week, been off-site this week.

Did you miss me, ant? It's quite clear that you did.

Dedhed
08-25-2011, 10:29 AM

My favorite part of this post is that you can't even spell something that's spelled out right in front of your eyes.

I don't get worked up about negative Tebow articles at all. I don't put any stock in media representations. You, on the other hand, have believed everything the media has fed you and come to the conclusion that Tebow has somehow completely lost the ability to do any positive on a football field.

You've also convinced yourself that Orton is something other than a journeyman, below average lame duck QB.

What I get worked up about is people who support Orton and place their faith in the notion that Orton is going to somehow put it all together in his 7th year when he hasn't lead a team anywhere in his first 6.

That takes faith my friend.

Dedhed
08-25-2011, 10:31 AM

Could 104 be his two years in Denver?

Tombstone RJ
08-25-2011, 10:32 AM
Why is God wrathful?

It's called justice... but I'm not going to turn this thread into a theological lesson for you. I know what you believe, and you are free to believe what you believe.

TheReverend
08-25-2011, 10:37 AM
Could 104 be his two years in Denver?

Possibly, and though I dislike KO, there's no WAY the 17 # is accurate either.

Orton alone threw for 13 TDs in the opponents RZ.

So to claim that between RZ rushing TDs, RZ Tebow use during Ortons starts, etc only account for 4 more TDs is silly.

I'm gonna look deeper at any possible validity here, but I think that's a grossly exaggerated and flat out wrong # on both accounts.

TheReverend
08-25-2011, 10:44 AM
Broncos redzone scoring 2010

The only players to score in the RZ were (not counting receiving)
Orton: 13 TDs
Tebow: 8 TDs
Moreno: 5 TDs
Buckhalter: 2 TDs

Total: 28/51 Redzone appearances (which should be on because it's really close to our RZ scoring %)

So if the article was right and Tim was 6/8 in his 3 starts, then that would leave Kyle at 22/43

But since the article is already showing terrible fact checking, I'll double check and brb

ant1999e
08-25-2011, 10:50 AM
I've been around. Couple days of vacation last week, been off-site this week.

Did you miss me, ant? It's quite clear that you did.

I was worried.

Gort
08-25-2011, 10:53 AM

that stat can't possibly be correct.

104 trips in the redzone in 13 games? seriously?? that's 8 trips per game. this team was not getting to the redzone 8 times per game in 2010 or any other year.

c'mon people. sanity check these made-up stats before you believe them.

Orton does suck, but we don't need fake stats to prove it.

TheReverend
08-25-2011, 10:57 AM
Okay, his Tebow stats are off as well, but much closer this time:

Tthe Broncos went 6/9 in the RZ (there was a tricky play in Houston where we broke into the RZ at the 19 yard line, lost 3 yards in a sack and then scored on a 20+ yard play.

Anyway, 6/9 out of a year total of 28/51 puts it at 22/42.

52% vs 67%

Oh and the 52% is a big improvement over 09's season and most likely due to garbage time production. But I'm sick of looking at numbers for now so someone else can break that down if they want.

jhns
08-25-2011, 10:59 AM

Tthe Broncos went 6/9 in the RZ (there was a tricky play in Houston where we broke into the RZ at the 19 yard line, lost 3 yards in a sack and then scored on a 20+ yard play.

52% vs 67%

Oh and the 52% is a big improvement over 09's season and most likely due to garbage time production. But I'm sick of looking at numbers for now so someone else can break that down if they want.

Garbage time production, and pulling him for Tebow, who scored each time(four, I think).

Archer81
08-25-2011, 10:59 AM
"they heard it from the cook,” Fox said.

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a1Y73sPHKxw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:Broncos:

baja
08-25-2011, 11:07 AM
It's called justice... but I'm not going to turn this thread into a theological lesson for you. I know what you believe, and you are free to believe what you believe.

If a 12 year old dies before he can repent for a masturbation session he goes to hell for an eternity = justice?

CEH
08-25-2011, 11:13 AM

52% vs 67%

Tebow aslo scored twice once in the NYJ game and again in the KC game

TheReverend
08-25-2011, 11:14 AM
Tebow aslo scored twice once in the NYJ game and again in the KC game

Right but that counts for the "13 games Orton started" per the articles parameters.

Archer81
08-25-2011, 11:26 AM
If a 12 year old dies before he can repent for a masturbation session he goes to hell for an eternity = justice?

Purgatory.

broncocalijohn
08-25-2011, 11:34 AM
Tebow will be the #2 on Saturday and will probably play the whole 4th quarter.

Put it in the bank and smoke it.

what are you smoking? We are going a minimum of 3 QBs. Sooooo, if he plays the 4th quarter, is he also playing the 2nd quarter, skip the 3rd quarter and then come back in? You need to put the Mary Jane down.

baja
08-25-2011, 11:35 AM
Purgatory.

Sounds like man made concepts instituted for crowd control to me.

Not unlike the 40 virgin promise.

Jay3
08-25-2011, 11:36 AM
Why is God wrathful?

And, what does he need with a starship?

http://i.imgur.com/ZWK1J.jpg

Jay3
08-25-2011, 11:40 AM

Your natural destiny from the time you were born was and is destruction. It is quite literally your default state. It is eternal destruction, permanent. And, like Clint Eastwood tried to explain, "We all got it coming, kid."

Only question is whether this destruction can be transcended.

The notions of eternal, active torment are largely based on stuff the Church said and epic poems from the Middle Ages. Very little description of an eternal hell in the Bible.

Archer81
08-25-2011, 11:40 AM
Sounds like man made concepts instituted for crowd control to me.

Not unlike the 40 virgin promise.

As opposed to animal made concepts?

Jay3
08-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Also, 9/11 was committed by Masons.

Jay3
08-25-2011, 11:41 AM
(kidding)

Beantown Bronco
08-25-2011, 11:42 AM
As opposed to animal made concepts?

Doggystyle baby

jhns
08-25-2011, 11:43 AM

You go to hell for playing with yourself?

Archer81
08-25-2011, 11:44 AM
http://tinyurl.com/43vxg58

ozomulsion
08-25-2011, 11:46 AM

This is the good stuff worth sorting through all the muck to find. Thank you Sir :)

ozomulsion
08-25-2011, 11:53 AM
Defensively, we didn’t get them off the field, and by the time he got in, it was a four-minute situation.

How F*****g sad is it that Fox really did need to point this out...

If you were one of the people who pointed 10+ times over the last week how Tebow only got to throw 2 passes during the last game. I'll let you in on a lil secret.

It's really sad.

alkemical
08-25-2011, 11:55 AM
How ******g sad is it that Fox really did need to point this out...

If you were one of the people who pointed 10+ times over the last week how Tebow only got to throw 2 passes during the last game. I'll let you in on a lil secret.

It's really sad.

You know what this whole Tebow bull**** on the OM reminds me of:

Those stupid ****ing parents that overkill their kid at sports games, ballet, etc.

CEH
08-25-2011, 11:59 AM
\...A serious concern for teams is granting access to outlets that provide incentives to writers based on page clicks. That is a problem.

I was just thinking. Isn't it Sacco who sets up all the interviews for Silver or did Silver get inside Dove Valley and just start going rogue. I'm starting to think SIlver just did his job. Maybe he talked to a player for the 4th string comment but I pretty sure EFX knows who spilled the beans

PRBronco
08-25-2011, 12:01 PM

Those stupid ****ing parents that overkill their kid at sports games, ballet, etc.

That would explain this urge I have to enroll Tim in piano and karate.

Kaylore
08-25-2011, 12:05 PM
And, what does he need with a starship?

http://i.imgur.com/ZWK1J.jpg

rep

alkemical
08-25-2011, 12:12 PM
That would explain this urge I have to enroll Tim in piano and karate.

You know what i'm talking about. The "sports dad", or the "pageant moms".

Man-Goblin
08-25-2011, 12:14 PM
what are you smoking? We are going a minimum of 3 QBs. Sooooo, if he plays the 4th quarter, is he also playing the 2nd quarter, skip the 3rd quarter and then come back in? You need to put the Mary Jane down.

I'm pretty sure the starters will see the first 2 and a half to three quarters, unless Orton's love child keeps him out.

I'll bet they only play 2 QBs on Saturday, with Tebow being the second. Then it's Quinn's turn in the rotation, so he'll start the 4th game.

cmhargrove
08-25-2011, 12:24 PM

I'm not getting wrapped up in this debate (internet religious debates are the worst), but I have a hard time seeing someone misrepresent as well.

People don't go to hell for smacking their weiner around. The Bible clearly states that those who truly accept their "sinfulness" and Christ's forgiveness are saved. Moses was a murderer, David killed a dude to pork his wife, Paul started his religious career as a Christian killer. They all sought forgiveness.

End of theology 101, go ahead and jab the angry poster again...

broncocalijohn
08-25-2011, 12:57 PM

or push themselves in front of the line for a Jay Cutler autograph.

I'm pretty sure the starters will see the first 2 and a half to three quarters, unless Orton's love child keeps him out.

I'll bet they only play 2 QBs on Saturday, with Tebow being the second. Then it's Quinn's turn in the rotation, so he'll start the 4th game.

Well, for my sake, I hope you are wrong after blasting you. When everyone reads **** in the papers, blogs and here, it seemed they were going with Orton, Tebow then Quinn for the 3rd preseason game.

peacepipe
08-25-2011, 01:47 PM
For the past few weeks, as criticism of quarterback Tim Tebow from beyond the organization grew, the team didn’t say much of anything. Instead, the new coaching staff’s actions did all the talking, with Tebow sliding from No. 2 to No. 3 on the depth chart. Coupled with a biting item from ESPN’s Rick Reilly, who has a pipeline to Broncos football czar John Elway, there was an unmistakable sense that the Broncos had begun the process of distancing themselves from the final first-round pick of the two-year Josh McDaniels regime.

In the wake of a report from Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports claiming that, according to “one highly knowledgeable member of the organization,” Tebow actually would land behind Adam Weber on the four-deep quarterback depth chart, the Broncos are finally pushing back.

“First of all, I would like to say that nobody in this building that is in the decision-making process — coach, official, or I don’t know, maybe they heard it from the cook,” Fox said. “I’m not sure, but we hold Tim in high regard. I think he’s got a bright future in this game. He’s playing maybe the hardest position I know in the NFL there is to play, and maybe in all of sports. He’s progressing fine. He’ll get more opportunities in games as we go; those are great opportunities. Last week, he was cut a little short based on how the game went. Defensively, we didn’t get them off the field, and by the time he got in, it was a four-minute situation.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/24/broncos-begin-to-push-back-against-tebow-criticism/related/

we're all reading to much into this,like I might be reading too much into Fox saying he has a bright future in this game. why not say he has a bright future with the broncos? it would end the talk about trade/release rumors & everything else.

orange 4 life
08-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Good to see Fox make the comments he did.
Tebow isn't anywhere NEAR the level or Orton (or Quinn even) but that said enough is enough.
Even if the criticism is valid (and I think most of it is) it's gotten excessive.
He's a 2nd or 3rd string guy right now. No need to bash him daily as a result. Like I said in another thread the rabid (and usually unrealistic) support of some of his fans causes the media to comment but realistically the story (if there ever was one) is dead and to say he's been outplayed by Weber just seems over the top.

He's not a starter, he won't be this year, his future is likely with another team, and NONE of that matters right now.
He's also a good kid who's done most everything right and while it's fair to say he isn't close to being an NFL qb at this point (and even fair to say he may never be if that's the opinion) it's just over the top to continue to ANNIHILATE him with criticism long after the story has run its course. Let him continue to work in practice and we'll see what happens in the future 'cause right now all that's happening is an unnecessary witch hunt.
His rabid fans are likely a big part of what's CAUSED the media backlash but that isn't Tim's fault. Here's to hoping we can all move on and let this subject die at least until next year if he's still a Bronco. Just my .02.

OABB
08-25-2011, 01:52 PM
Tebow isn't anywhere NEAR the level or Orton (or Quinn even) but that said enough is enough.
Even if the criticism is valid (and I think most of it is) it's gotten excessive.
He's a 2nd or 3rd string guy right now. No need to bash him daily as a result. Like I said in another thread the rabid (and usually unrealistic) support of some of his fans causes the media to comment but realistically the story (if there ever was one) is dead and to say he's been outplayed by Weber just seems over the top.

He's not a starter, he won't be this year, his future is likely with another team, and NONE of that matters right now.
He's also a good kid who's done most everything right and while it's fair to say he isn't close to being an NFL qb at this point (and even fair to say he may never be if that's the opinion) it's just over the top to continue to ANNIHILATE him with criticism long after the story has run its course. Let him continue to work in practice and we'll see what happens in the future 'cause right now all that's happening is an unnecessary witch hunt.
His rabid fans are likely a big part of what's CAUSED the media backlash but that isn't Tim's fault. Here's to hoping we can all move on and let this subject die at least until next year if he's still a Bronco. Just my .02.

also he outperformed Orton and is the better qb right now. otherwise good points.

orange 4 life
08-25-2011, 01:53 PM
There are A LOT of good story lines on this team and a lot of reason for optimism (if healthy this team could REALLY turn some heads) yet all any of us talk about is our 3rd string qb.
Especially ludicrous since we've gone through all this before.

Dedhed
08-25-2011, 01:53 PM
it would end the talk about trade/release rumors & everything else.If giving him $6.7M before they needed to didn't end that speculation, not much will.

orange 4 life
08-25-2011, 01:55 PM
also he outperformed Orton and is the better qb right now. otherwise good points.

You can't possibly believe that. If so I just don't know what to say.
He's a great kid but his level of play isn't even close to that of Orton.

OABB
08-25-2011, 01:56 PM

Oh I do. but that's only because it really happened and is true.

jhns
08-25-2011, 01:56 PM

LOL

"If you believe what all the facts clearly show, I just don't know what to say."

NUB
08-25-2011, 02:04 PM
People are just reading way too much into Quinn playing last week. They're both backups at this point, clearly, and most teams give their backups appropriate looks.

baja
08-25-2011, 02:07 PM
I'm not getting wrapped up in this debate (internet religious debates are the worst), but I have a hard time seeing someone misrepresent as well.

People don't go to hell for smacking their weiner around. The Bible clearly states that those who truly accept their "sinfulness" and Christ's forgiveness are saved. Moses was a murderer, David killed a dude to pork his wife, Paul started his religious career as a Christian killer. They all sought forgiveness.

Yes, sought forgiveness but the guilty wanker died before he could ask forgiveness therefore he is hell bound. Use the sin of adultery if more realistic.

orange 4 life
08-25-2011, 02:16 PM
If giving him $6.7M before they needed to didn't end that speculation, not much will.

i just noticed the Schefter article.
If we paid him the 6.7 mil then that ends the speculation for me!
No way we get rid of him AFTER paying that money.

Now I just hope the fans stay together and realistic and I think the fact that we HAVEN'T seen Tebow on the field with Orton just shows that Fox wants to keep that trick up his sleeve until the regular season.
I don't see him being a BIG factor but obviously his athletic ability can help us if it's used properly. McD didn't do that and thus the 13 carries for 28 yards through 13 games.
Not AT ALL Tebow's fault those plays didn't work. If he's in there a few plays a game (at different positions most likely) he could actually make an impact and maybe set himself up for next season whether it's here or elsewhere.

UberBroncoMan
08-25-2011, 02:22 PM
In the 13 games Orton started, the Broncos scored touchdowns inside the red zone on 17 of 104 trips (one on a Tebow run). With Tebow as the starter, the Broncos scored touchdowns 6-of-8 times inside the 20[/I].

That's ****ing insane. He forgot the Tebow pass to Larsen as well.

So basically 15 TD's for Orton in 102 trips vs 8 TD's in 10 trips for Tebow.

Dedhed
08-25-2011, 02:25 PM

If you only look at spirals, that might be true.

If you look at the ability to lead a team and put points on the board, he's already shown he's the better QB.

TheReverend
08-25-2011, 02:26 PM
That's ****ing insane. He forgot the Tebow pass to Larsen as well.

So basically 15 TD's for Orton in 102 trips vs 8 TD's in 10 trips for Tebow.

Grossly inaccurate #s.

I corrected this a few pages ago.

orange 4 life
08-25-2011, 02:26 PM
LOL

"If you believe what all the facts clearly show, I just don't know what to say."

What a surprise that both of you saying this don't live in Denver.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I like the kid too.
That said everyone that's actually watched camp won't dispute that Orton is FAR AND AWAY the best QB on the roster. Even the media guys that thought Tebow should start a few months ago have reversed field. Even his most ardent supporters (those that are Bronco fans 1st anyway) have accepted that he's been badly outplayed.

Do you REALLY think Elway and Fox would start Orton if they thought Tebow was anywhere close?
They would AT LEAST give him some reps with the first team right?
The fact that it hasn't happened should be proof enough that he's not ready.

Bottom line is he's just not the player you want him to be. Maybe he will be in the future (I highly doubt it but it's possible) but it's beyond obvious that he's not right now. With all those Tebow jerseys around town I'm sure the front office wishes he WAS starter material but it's become obvious to everyone but the most blinded and closed minded Tebow fans that it just isn't the case.

Bronco Vixen
08-25-2011, 02:28 PM

pesky details

cmhargrove
08-25-2011, 02:29 PM
Yes, sought forgiveness but the guilty wanker died before he could ask forgiveness therefore he is hell bound. Use the sin of adultery if more realistic.

Theology 102.
Once saved, always saved. The act of being forgiven is a one time thing (biblically), although repentance is something a believer is supposed to seek after any sin. People often confuse human "religion" with biblical teaching.

People don't (can't) make their sins right, ever. They rely on Christ to atone for their sins - 100%.

As stated before, David was an adulterer, then he was credited with writing some of the most significant material in the old testament. The Bible is pretty full of despicable, imperfect people who turned things around.

/end internetz Theology class

jhns
08-25-2011, 02:36 PM
What a surprise that both of you saying this don't live in Denver.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I like the kid too.
That said everyone that's actually watched camp won't dispute that Orton is FAR AND AWAY the best QB on the roster. Even the media guys that thought Tebow should start a few months ago have reversed field. Even his most ardent supporters (those that are Bronco fans 1st anyway) have accepted that he's been badly outplayed.

Do you REALLY think Elway and Fox would start Orton if they thought Tebow was anywhere close?
They would AT LEAST give him some reps with the first team right?
The fact that it hasn't happened should be proof enough that he's not ready.

Bottom line is he's just not the player you want him to be. Maybe he will be in the future (I highly doubt it but it's possible) but it's beyond obvious that he's not right now. With all those Tebow jerseys around town I'm sure the front office wishes he WAS starter material but it's become obvious to everyone but the most blinded and closed minded Tebow fans that it just isn't the case.

The only fact in this thread is that Tebow outplayed Orton in live games, by a lot. This offense went from 22nd in scoring, to seventh. This exact same stuff was said about Orton and Tebow last season. The only conclusion that can be made is that you think practice means more than games.

As for your, everyone is on the Orton wagon, stuff. This front office named Orton starter, and gave him all starter reps, from the start of camp. This means they clearly didn't care about what they saw in those live games. A lot of other crap you spewed is extremely exaggerated. Everyone is not against Tebow. You seem to have read a few hate articles and believed everything in them. Tebow has never been demoted to fourth string and the front office has not said a single negative thing about his play.

baja
08-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Theology 102.
Once saved, always saved. The act of being forgiven is a one time thing (biblically), although repentance is something a believer is supposed to seek after any sin. People often confuse human "religion" with biblical teaching.

People don't (can't) make their sins right, ever. They rely on Christ to atone for their sins - 100%.

As stated before, David was an adulterer, then he was credited with writing some of the most significant material in the old testament. The Bible is pretty full of despicable, imperfect people who turned things around.

/end internetz Theology class

One last thought. So I am saved because I did turn my life over to the Supreme Being so now I can do whatever and I am covered?

Hogan11
08-25-2011, 02:40 PM

Talking him up so they can get more in trade offers no doubt Hilarious!

DarkHorse30
08-25-2011, 03:21 PM
Talking him up so they can get more in trade offers no doubt Hilarious!

Taking who up? Orton, Quinn or Tebow? I think it's a trifecta of talking-up.

Pendejo
08-25-2011, 03:27 PM
One last thought. So I am saved because I did turn my life over to the Supreme Being so now I can do whatever and I am covered?

Like anything else it depends on your bankroll.

OABB
08-25-2011, 03:43 PM
pesky details

where the **** have you been?

Cito Pelon
08-25-2011, 03:49 PM

How many times does a stupid-ass, lame-ass joke have to get repeated before no more morons repeat it?

Cito Pelon
08-25-2011, 03:51 PM
Wait...according to SoCalBronco, the Broncos hate him and give him a hard time. So now we've had Elway support him and the head coach...and they are paying him 8 million. I wish people would hate on me like that.

There are so many stupid, childish, petulant little punks around here these days.

errand
08-25-2011, 07:25 PM

So why is it when john fox sticks up for tim tebow and says that he has a bright future in the nfl it is if God himself is speaking

But when Fox says that Kyle Orton is the best quarterback on the broncos roster you guys go ballistic an act like he's insane

So either he does know quarterbacks or he doesn't know quarterbacks .......you can't have it both ways

So which is it?

errand
08-25-2011, 07:34 PM

First I didn't realize we've been to the red zone 104 times last year......but those numbers are kind of out of place...... he only mentioned 17 touchdowns he doesn't mention how many field goals we had...... or that kyle orton did not have a single turnover in the red zone he did not throw a solitary interception......

I just think it's funny that some of the people who bashed tebow in the media are all of a sudden now sticking up for him

errand
08-25-2011, 07:50 PM
That can't be right.

That would be like 8 trips per game....I wonder if those numbers are true....

errand
08-25-2011, 08:05 PM

Baja....if you don't believe in God, what the hell do you care?

errand
08-25-2011, 08:07 PM
Sorry Rev...posted the numbers thing before reading your researched post that debunked it..lol

TheReverend
08-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Sorry Rev...posted the numbers thing before reading your researched post that debunked it..lol

Yeah, no worries.

I'm no Orton fan, so make believe #s aren't necessary to show Tim's vast superiority :)

baja
08-25-2011, 08:09 PM
Baja....if you don't believe in God, what the hell do you care?Oh I deeply believe in God, religion not so much.

Hogan11
08-25-2011, 08:17 PM
<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aXCRyggRs-E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A friggin' classic

missingnumber7
08-25-2011, 08:19 PM
Yeah, no worries.

I'm no Orton fan, so make believe #s aren't necessary to show Tim's vast superiority :)

LMAO

Blueflame
08-25-2011, 09:06 PM

Not "quite" accurate. David didn't want to kill Bathsheba's husband, but either the husband had to die so that David could marry Bathsheba... or Bathsheba would have been put to death by stoning because David had already slept with her and she became pregnant during her husband's lengthy absence. The husband refused to return (so that the pregnancy could be foisted off as his child) and the law was rigid; even the King couldn't have saved Bathsheba. And David loved Bathsheba (and his unborn child) so he did what he had to do to. One sin (lust) led to several more sins.

But carry on... :)

hambone13
08-25-2011, 09:28 PM

But his biased Tebow-Hater view is so typical of the 'media morons' that are busy stinking up the place. Merril Hoge is another in this slimmy mold.

You seem to be about as much of a turd for displaying stats that are so irrelevant as stats go, its ridiculous. I'm not a Tebow lover or hater but I do believe it would be interesting to see what happens over the course of an entire season as many 1st round draft choices get. I'm as disinterested in Orton as all the Tebow lovers but the reality is, the coach and the front office loses credibility with the team, if they start him for that reason alone, given Orton's capacity to deliver in an NFL offense as mediocre as he is. The fact is, Tebow can't deliver in practice or drills at an NFL level. He doesn't deserve to just get the shot because he's Tebow. He's fun to watch but almost none of his games or opportunities to play were against teams that were in dire need of a win or coached to his strengths and weaknesses, should he get a full season start.

I don't believe that any intelligent fan would disagree that he could win a few games on his "Tebow-ness" and could benefit from the time but if he can't learn the playbook and deliver all the throws better or even close to as well as Orton, how can a legitimate NFL staff put him in? He lacks diversity and with the talent of NFL defenses/coaching, he will get crushed late in the season and everyone likes to win late in the season.

I wish we would have traded Orton so we didn't have so much controversy surrounding "the team" needing to believe that the organization is playing the best player for the job but frankly, they may have had the problem with Quinn anyway. Just let him develop and lose the stupid irrelevant stats.

hambone13
08-25-2011, 09:36 PM

Both of you are ridiculous if you think anyone's god give a **** about football. Just leave it alone. It's really lame when you don't have enough balance in your life that you bring religion to a football discussion board.

hambone13
08-25-2011, 09:44 PM
Your natural destiny from the time you were born was and is destruction. It is quite literally your default state. It is eternal destruction, permanent. And, like Clint Eastwood tried to explain, "We all got it coming, kid."

The notions of eternal, active torment are largely based on stuff the Church said and epic poems from the Middle Ages. Very little description of an eternal hell in the Bible.

I sure hope you're being sarcastic, otherwise you're just nutz and brainwashed.

hambone13
08-25-2011, 09:45 PM
You go to hell for playing with yourself?

No ****! Dante's hell doesn't have the exponential factors for my self abuse.

cmhargrove
08-25-2011, 09:47 PM
[QUOTE=Blueflame;3267896]Not "quite" accurate. David didn't want to kill Bathsheba's husband, but either the husband had to die so that David could marry Bathsheba... or Bathsheba would have been put to death by stoning because David had already slept with her and she became pregnant during her husband's lengthy absence. The husband refused to return (so that the pregnancy could be foisted off as his child) and the law was rigid; even the King couldn't have saved Bathsheba. And David loved Bathsheba (and his unborn child) so he did what he had to do to. One sin (lust) led to several more sins.

But carry on... :)[/

So, David commits adultery, then writes a letter sending the hubby to the front line, then gives direct orders to withdraw from the hubby so he will be killed. You think David didn't want him to die? It was a direct order.

14 Now in the morning David wrote a letter to Joab and sent it by the hand of Uriah.

15 He had written in the letter, saying, “Place Uriah in the front line of the fiercest battle and withdraw from him, so that he may be struck down and die.”

Its funny how I said I was staying out of a pointless internetz religion debate, yet here I am...

hambone13
08-25-2011, 09:48 PM

Classic. It just depends on who you ask and what institution is conducting the 101 class. Thanks for the exercise in futility.

baja
08-25-2011, 09:50 PM
Hambone13 - Both of you are ridiculous if you think anyone's god give a **** about football. Just leave it alone. It's really lame when you don't have enough balance in your life that you bring religion to a football discussion board.

And the very next post;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3
"Your natural destiny from the time you were born was and is destruction. It is quite literally your default state. It is eternal destruction, permanent. And, like Clint Eastwood tried to explain, "We all got it coming, kid."

<b>Hambone - :The notions of eternal, active torment are largely based on stuff the Church said and epic poems from the Middle Ages. Very little description of an eternal hell in the Bible."
I sure hope you're being sarcastic, otherwise you're just nutz and brainwashed." </b>

hambone13
08-25-2011, 09:50 PM

Geeze. He put and keeps himself in the limelight as well or better than anyone ever. You think the MEDIA isn't going to bash him? There are some realities that need to be addressed in your logic.

hambone13
08-25-2011, 10:08 PM
Hambone13 - Both of you are ridiculous if you think anyone's god give a **** about football. Just leave it alone. It's really lame when you don't have enough balance in your life that you bring religion to a football discussion board.

And the very next post;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3
"Your natural destiny from the time you were born was and is destruction. It is quite literally your default state. It is eternal destruction, permanent. And, like Clint Eastwood tried to explain, "We all got it coming, kid."

<b>Hambone - :The notions of eternal, active torment are largely based on stuff the Church said and epic poems from the Middle Ages. Very little description of an eternal hell in the Bible."
I sure hope you're being sarcastic, otherwise you're just nutz and brainwashed." </b>

No kidding. Let's let the religious go to their religious discussion boards and the let the spiritual enjoy their spirituality away from football. Sorry Tim, Jesus was a great man but he didn't play football.

Blueflame
08-25-2011, 11:38 PM
[QUOTE=Blueflame;3267896]Not "quite" accurate. David didn't want to kill Bathsheba's husband, but either the husband had to die so that David could marry Bathsheba... or Bathsheba would have been put to death by stoning because David had already slept with her and she became pregnant during her husband's lengthy absence. The husband refused to return (so that the pregnancy could be foisted off as his child) and the law was rigid; even the King couldn't have saved Bathsheba. And David loved Bathsheba (and his unborn child) so he did what he had to do to. One sin (lust) led to several more sins.

But carry on... :)[/

So, David commits adultery, then writes a letter sending the hubby to the front line, then gives direct orders to withdraw from the hubby so he will be killed. You think David didn't want him to die? It was a direct order.

14 Now in the morning David wrote a letter to Joab and sent it by the hand of Uriah.

15 He had written in the letter, saying, “Place Uriah in the front line of the fiercest battle and withdraw from him, so that he may be struck down and die.”

Its funny how I said I was staying out of a pointless internetz religion debate, yet here I am...

Correct. He had no other choice but to give those direct orders to ensure that Uriah would be killed so that Bathsheba would be free to marry him. Otherwise, Bathsheba would have been executed by stoning because she was pregnant and it was not possible for the child to be her husband's. Uriah had to die or Bathsheba... and David's unborn child... would die instead. The sin of lust led to the sin of adultery which led to the sin of murder.

Those who said the theology debates belong in WRP are correct... I apologize for my part in the tangent this thread's taken.

Back to the topic of Tebow.... LOL

Blueflame
08-25-2011, 11:45 PM
Geeze. He put and keeps himself in the limelight as well or better than anyone ever. You think the MEDIA isn't going to bash him? There are some realities that need to be addressed in your logic.

You think the media's bad now? It would be exponentially worse if they did start Tebow and he struggled at all. If the coaches think he's not ready, then they're doing him a huge favor by giving him time to get ready before putting him out there front and center.

Doggcow
08-25-2011, 11:59 PM

I'm not jumping aboard.

17 of 104, vs 6 of 8...

This is ****ing stupid to start Orton. I'm sorry.

hambone13
08-26-2011, 02:03 AM
You think the media's bad now? It would be exponentially worse if they did start Tebow and he struggled at all. If the coaches think he's not ready, then they're doing him a huge favor by giving him time to get ready before putting him out there front and center.

The tone of your message implies that I disagree with you. I don't. Perhaps we disagree on the fact that I would rather he be the starter without Orton here but that is not the case. With Orton here, we need the FO to play the best QB because the team believes he gives the team, the best shot to win.

I agree the media will be exactly as you've described. should TT falter. However, as many others have described, I am more interested in his evaluation because of his intangibles, for the purposes of the potential for future prospects at QB, than I am at winning a couple more games this year with Orton. I don't believe we have a complete enough team to believe we are contenders for anything better than a wild card slot, if we're lucky. Sometimes you just have to say, "We're rebuilding" and do what it takes to do so.

The last thing any team needs is a QB controversy, let alone a bible thumping media pig, made popular by his work ethic and game enthusiasm. His religious passion, public character and college play are all admirable but his emergence in the NFL is almost arrogant to me. If he was really that focused on the game, his team and the fans, he would not be writing books, doing commercials on social issues and tapping media channels for increased popularity. He would be improving his mechanics and learning the playbook. That would show me his true spirituality and character.

I'm "All In" when he accomplishes that effort and humility. Then, whether he can make it in the NFL as a starting QB or not, will not matter. He'll just be a great man.

cmhargrove
08-26-2011, 05:27 AM
[QUOTE=cmhargrove;3267935]

Correct. He had no other choice but to give those direct orders to ensure that Uriah would be killed so that Bathsheba would be free to marry him. Otherwise, Bathsheba would have been executed by stoning because she was pregnant and it was not possible for the child to be her husband's. Uriah had to die or Bathsheba... and David's unborn child... would die instead. The sin of lust led to the sin of adultery which led to the sin of murder.

Those who said the theology debates belong in WRP are correct... I apologize for my part in the tangent this thread's taken.

Back to the topic of Tebow.... LOL

I agree - Peace bro, let's talk football...

Blueflame
08-26-2011, 05:30 AM
The tone of your message implies that I disagree with you. I don't. Perhaps we disagree on the fact that I would rather he be the starter without Orton here but that is not the case. With Orton here, we need the FO to play the best QB because the team believes he gives the team, the best shot to win.

I agree the media will be exactly as you've described. should TT falter. However, as many others have described, I am more interested in his evaluation because of his intangibles, for the purposes of the potential for future prospects at QB, than I am at winning a couple more games this year with Orton. I don't believe we have a complete enough team to believe we are contenders for anything better than a wild card slot, if we're lucky. Sometimes you just have to say, "We're rebuilding" and do what it takes to do so.

The last thing any team needs is a QB controversy, let alone a bible thumping media pig, made popular by his work ethic and game enthusiasm. His religious passion, public character and college play are all admirable but his emergence in the NFL is almost arrogant to me. If he was really that focused on the game, his team and the fans, he would not be writing books, doing commercials on social issues and tapping media channels for increased popularity. He would be improving his mechanics and learning the playbook. That would show me his true spirituality and character.

I'm "All In" when he accomplishes that effort and humility. Then, whether he can make it in the NFL as a starting QB or not, will not matter. He'll just be a great man.

Didn't mean for it to come off as confrontational.... I'm just not sure some of the more vocal "Start Tebow now whether he's ready or not" posters (not pointing at you here... lol) have thought about how bad the media would be if "EFX" are right and Tebow isn't ready. They would be merciless... what we've seen so far (since training camp opened) is nothing compared to the onslaught he'd face if he struggled in games that count. Don't get me wrong; Orton will face criticism if he struggles too. It's just "the nature of the beast".

I'm also in agreement with you re: the autobiography and book tour. Writing an autobiography when he's only in his early 20's just might hint at a lot more ego involved here than his (PR) image tries to portray. And unless the coaches have been ambiguous about "what they want him to do"... which areas of his mechanics they want him to work on...then is he doing that? If he is, sweet sauce; hope he improves by leaps and bounds.... but if not, why not?

Blueflame
08-26-2011, 05:42 AM
[QUOTE=Blueflame;3267988]

I agree - Peace bro, let's talk football...

:egbgb: Yay! I'm always ready to talk football. :approve: ^5

WolfpackGuy
08-26-2011, 06:58 AM
First I didn't realize we've been to the red zone 104 times last year......but those numbers are kind of out of place...... he only mentioned 17 touchdowns he doesn't mention how many field goals we had...... or that kyle orton did not have a single turnover in the red zone he did not throw a solitary interception......

I just think it's funny that some of the people who bashed tebow in the media are all of a sudden now sticking up for him

The Broncos kicked 14 FG's in total from 0-39 yards.

Too lazy to look up the specific 37, 38, and 39 yarders which could've come from the inside edge of the red zone depending how they set up, so we'll just say 14.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den/2010.htm

55CrushEm
08-26-2011, 07:22 AM
Yeah, no worries.

Nooooooooooooooooo! Really ?!?!

Ha!