PDA

View Full Version : Help Rahim and Other Broncos Pay Off Future Fines!

Jimmy
08-24-2011, 03:16 PM
The Rahim Moore Clean Hit Fund

On August 23th, 2011, NFL safety Rahim Moore was fined $20,000 USD for showing athletic prowess. Just days earlier, in a pre-season game, Moore delivered a vicious, albiet understandable hit on Donald Jones, another talented professional football player on the Buffalo Bills. Thankfully, Rahim's loyal Broncos teammates decided to help cover the fine, per Vic Lombardi's twitter.

I got bored and made a fundraiser for Rahim Moore... And then realized his teammates offered to pay the $20,000 fine back.

https://www.wepay.com/donate/edit/104201

Let's help pay the Broncos who chipped in back, or at least raise some money for inevitable future hits! Donate a dollar or repost this on twitter or something!

:strong:

Even if we can get $100... it will go to a Broncos player!

Edit:

there's a few millionaires on the roster. they can afford it.

Doesn't make it right! We have to show our support for the players. It sounds dumb right now, as the totals are at 0. But you wouldn't be saying that if we had $19,000 in the bank.

Also... Pretty sure we'd be the first NFL fan base to pay back player fines... Let's prove our superiority over the other 30 teams! (49ers and Raiders fans loose by default)

Merchandise sales, ticket sales, money from tv contracts because we watch them, etc.

Our Money is already going to them.

Yes. but every team's fan base does that. this would be unheard of, unique and undeniably a pretty cool gesture if it were somehow to happen.

it would also send a message that a ticket purchase or a merchandise sale does not, and that is - QUIT BEING A b****, GOODELL.

Chris
08-24-2011, 03:18 PM
I'd rather the rich guys pay for it personally. Nice idea though.

Rock Chalk
08-24-2011, 03:18 PM
I got bored and made a fundraiser for Rahim Moore... And then realized his teammates offered to pay the $20,000 fine back.

https://www.wepay.com/donate/edit/104201

Let's help pay the Broncos who chipped in back, or at least raise some money for inevitable future hits! Donate a dollar or repost this on twitter or something!

:strong:

**** those douches. They make more money htan most of you.

Lestat
08-24-2011, 03:19 PM
there's a few millionaires on the roster. they can afford it.

TheReverend
08-24-2011, 03:28 PM
Ummm...

We already pay for it, genius.

TheReverend
08-24-2011, 03:29 PM
It's nice to know "Jimmy" is Rahim Moore though.

gyldenlove
08-24-2011, 03:40 PM
Given that it is stipulated very clearly in the CBA that nobody can help pay a personal fine handed out by the NFL, if Rahim Moore accepted the money you would offer he would be fined again (and more than before), probably suspended and the team would be punished for salary cap violation - but nice try.

You and the other golden girls should really just stick to donating cat food to kittens, it is better for everyone.

TheChamp24
08-24-2011, 03:47 PM
Let me get this right.
These guys get paid at minimum I believe say $400,000. They get a $20k fine, and you want the fans who make maybe $50,000 a year to chip in to pay for it?

Shananahan
08-24-2011, 03:50 PM
It's nice to know "Jimmy" is Rahim Moore though.
Either that or an opportunistic genius. I'm pretty sure the last thing I'm going to do with my money is donate it to some guy off a message board with no guarantee that it ever goes to the claimed cause.

Also, Jimmy, you now owe me royalty fees for the Rahim Moore Quintet image. My usual fee is 20%.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-24-2011, 03:54 PM
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xlA9bNk3b5Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

vonqkilla
08-24-2011, 04:04 PM
Hiow bout we pay off rupert murdochs parking tickets next.

ghwk
08-24-2011, 04:06 PM
I'll chip in a 10 spot as soon as they pay off my mortgage.

ICON
08-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Rahim isn't just the soft center-fielder that he was labeled as coming out of the draft.

The league made it a point to emphasize leading with the head and leaving one's feet. Neither happened on this play.

Moore went shoulder to chest first. There should not have been a penalty or a fine.

DenverBound
08-24-2011, 04:11 PM
You guys are such downers. The guy is trying to do something right. Something that each of you know would make a difference and would probably show the NFL a type of support they have never seen. But you would rather sit back and act as if your all too cool for school.

This just in...

Sarcastic emo stopped being cool 3 years ago.

db56
08-24-2011, 04:13 PM
Rahim isn't just the soft center-fielder that he was labeled as coming out of the draft.

The league made it a point to emphasize leading with the head and leaving one's feet. Neither happened on this play.

Moore went shoulder to chest first. There should not have been a penalty or a fine.

sickening isnt it? I understand leading with head drawing a fine... but when a guy shows he is trying to follow the rules and doesnt lead with his helmet or hit above the shoulders is still fined??

gunns
08-24-2011, 04:26 PM

It's a travesty he's getting fined. But sorry, he and his fellow Broncos can pay it. While he's just a rookie, I'm still a little bitter about the lockout.

DBroncos4life
08-24-2011, 04:28 PM
Cox has a rape lawyer he needs help paying for Hilarious!

Rocket 7
08-24-2011, 04:33 PM
Its been done before

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=21236

0ddjob
08-24-2011, 04:34 PM
This has to be a troll... No way you guys really wanna pay rich peoples bills do you?

gunns
08-24-2011, 05:11 PM
This has to be a troll... No way you guys really wanna pay rich peoples bills do you?

Do most of the responses sound like it?

broncosteven
08-24-2011, 05:15 PM
Why not redirect the funds to help pay off the deficit?

Jimmy
08-24-2011, 05:33 PM

now that... is truly a cause worth raising money for.

i just kinda roll my eyes at people who take that approach.

first off... that fine is the equivalent of dinner out at a semi-decent restaurant for most of us. it's not going to change anything in Rahim's life, but it's the concept that i'm going for. letting the broncos players know that we have their back. make guys really respect our fanbase and want to play for the team for something other than money. i'm clearly not going to get a dollar out of the guys at this forum and it would clearly be pointless since there's allegedly rules in the new cba disallowing this type of thing, but you're just flat out wrong if you say that this idea has no upside at all, even in a dreamworld.

smoke4815162342
08-24-2011, 05:39 PM

Merchandise sales, ticket sales, money from tv contracts because we watch them, etc.

Jimmy
08-24-2011, 05:41 PM

Yes. but every team's fan base does that. this would be unheard of, unique and undeniably a pretty cool gesture if it were somehow to happen.

it would also send a message that a ticket purchase or a merchandise sale does not, and that is - QUIT BEING A b****, GOODELL.

smoke4815162342
08-24-2011, 05:46 PM

If it were to happen, I would be even more concerned with the financial intelligence of our country's citizens.

Jimmy
08-24-2011, 05:47 PM
If it were to happen, I would be even more concerned with the financial intelligence of our country's citizens.

i think you have bigger things to worry about. it's certainly a better investment than a scratchoff ticket or cigarettes, and MILLIONS of people buy those every day. stop making this out to be something crazier than it really is. it's one dollar a person.

Agamemnon
08-24-2011, 05:48 PM
I can't believe they actually fined him for that hit. It wasn't illegal.

smoke4815162342
08-24-2011, 05:58 PM
i think you have bigger things to worry about

thankfully, I do

KipCorrington25
08-24-2011, 06:10 PM
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/facepalm/grand/puppet_facepalm_gif.gif

LonghornBronco
08-24-2011, 07:00 PM
I have a feeling my adopt-a-bronco is going to make a lot of headlines this year.

Mogulseeker
08-24-2011, 07:39 PM
lol, who is this Jimmy douche? haha

alkemical
08-25-2011, 06:08 AM

It says I ran out of rep, but this....this was awesome.

alkemical
08-25-2011, 06:09 AM
i think you have bigger things to worry about. it's certainly a better investment than a scratchoff ticket or cigarettes, and MILLIONS of people buy those every day. stop making this out to be something crazier than it really is. it's one dollar a person.

Cigarettes are a much better investment, you can barter with them.

Beantown Bronco
08-25-2011, 06:27 AM
Given that it is stipulated very clearly in the CBA that nobody can help pay a personal fine handed out by the NFL, if Rahim Moore accepted the money you would offer he would be fined again (and more than before), probably suspended and the team would be punished for salary cap violation - but nice try.

You and the other golden girls should really just stick to donating cat food to kittens, it is better for everyone.

There are ways around that. Look at Bob Kraft. After Belichick was fined $500K by the league for Spygate I, Kraft simply gave him a $500K raise that season to negate it. The league may not have liked it, but they allowed it.

gyldenlove
08-25-2011, 07:31 AM
There are ways around that. Look at Bob Kraft. After Belichick was fined $500K by the league for Spygate I, Kraft simply gave him a $500K raise that season to negate it. The league may not have liked it, but they allowed it.

It is different for coaches, they are not part of the salary cap - they have in no uncertain terms said that if a team gives a player a raise to cover fines the team will be fined and the player may be suspended.

alkemical
08-25-2011, 07:35 AM
It is different for coaches, they are not part of the salary cap - they have in no uncertain terms said that if a team gives a player a raise to cover fines the team will be fined and the player may be suspended.

What about "contests"? What about a donation to their "foundation"?

Beantown Bronco
08-25-2011, 07:35 AM

But we're not talking about the team bailing out players. We're talking about other players or people outside the organization bailing them out. The salary cap doesn't apply there either.

The league can't stop Brian Dawkins from telling Rahim Moore, "Hey little buddy. Forgot to give this to you earlier. It's your Birthday card with a nice little check inside. Buy yourself something nice."

alkemical
08-25-2011, 07:37 AM
But we're not talking about the team bailing out players. We're talking about other players or people outside the organization bailing them out. The salary cap doesn't apply there either.

The league can't stop Brian Dawkins from telling Rahim Moore, "Hey little buddy. Forgot to give this to you earlier. It's your Birthday card with a nice little check inside. Buy yourself something nice."

it's how it works in sales.

Pony Boy
08-25-2011, 07:39 AM
If every man, woman and child in the US sent in a measly $44,000.00 each we could pay of our debt to China.

Beantown Bronco
08-25-2011, 07:39 AM
it's how it works in sales.

....and the University of Miami. :)

alkemical
08-25-2011, 07:42 AM
If every man, woman and child in the US sent in a measly $44,000.00 each we could pay of our debt to China.

We could have been given $18k (citizens) - and had it mandated towards debt instead of TARP:

$18k could have been stipulated for:

Mortgages
CC's
School Loans

The banks still would have received $, people would be better off - and the "debt" load would have been smaller.

My bad - wrong forum - if anyone wants to continue this - PM me or direct me to a thread in the WRP forum.

alkemical
08-25-2011, 07:44 AM
....and the University of Miami. :)

Sales & Marketing budget ;)

Hookers & Blow - Check
Phat Ridez - Check
Free edjumication - Check
Free booze - Check
Sticky Icky - Check
Urine Luck - Check

Peoples Champ
08-25-2011, 08:11 AM
i just got a speeding ticket, can the broncos pay that?

bowtown
08-25-2011, 08:12 AM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/5/4/9e6387b4-20c7-499a-b3d0-c67301548930.jpg

Crushaholic
08-25-2011, 08:25 AM
Hilarious!

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QQly3eoMxOk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Broncenstein
08-25-2011, 08:29 AM
Hilarious!

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QQly3eoMxOk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't know WTF I'm watching, but i has a serious lulz.

TheChamp24
08-25-2011, 08:34 AM
Sales & Marketing budget ;)

Hookers & Blow - Check
Phat Ridez - Check
Free edjumication - Check
Free booze - Check
Sticky Icky - Check
Urine Luck - Check

Shoot I had to process an expense report from a sales person that works for us when he bought 4 Florida Gators tickets for their bowl game($500) and claimed it entertaining clients.

TheReverend
08-25-2011, 08:35 AM
I don't know WTF I'm watching, but i has a serious lulz.

This... wtf

Dr. Broncenstein
08-25-2011, 08:38 AM
Judging by appearances, Nate Irving may have been okiedoked by Lil' Jimmy.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-25-2011, 08:44 AM
All you little Jimmys... All you BIG Jimmys.... Even da MOMMA JIMMY!!!

Fuggin lulz.

gyldenlove
08-25-2011, 09:17 AM

Yes, the salary cap applies to all income a player has from any sources related to the NFL. There is a reason the NFL knows about all sponsorship deals a player signs. There is a reason why the Colts can't sign Peyton Manning to a veterans minimum salary and then hire him to do a signing session with fans for 25 million dollars a year - if fans of a team gave money to a player who played for that team and player didn't donate it to charity, it would be circumvention of the salary cap - Boosters are not allowed in the NFL.

It is true they can't stop it, but if they find out they can fine both players for doing just that.

alkemical
08-25-2011, 09:23 AM
Shoot I had to process an expense report from a sales person that works for us when he bought 4 Florida Gators tickets for their bowl game($500) and claimed it entertaining clients.

That's a bargin!

Jimmy
08-25-2011, 09:28 AM
http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/088/322/original/lobster-dog-030110-main.jpg

Bronco Boy
08-25-2011, 09:57 AM
So how much money have you raised so far? I assume you donated some yourself correct?

Jimmy
08-25-2011, 10:01 AM
So how much money have you raised so far? I assume you donated some yourself correct?

0 and nah i dont want to waste my money if nobody else is going to donate. fatal flaw

Beantown Bronco
08-25-2011, 10:05 AM
Yes, the salary cap applies to all income a player has from any sources related to the NFL. There is a reason the NFL knows about all sponsorship deals a player signs. There is a reason why the Colts can't sign Peyton Manning to a veterans minimum salary and then hire him to do a signing session with fans for 25 million dollars a year - if fans of a team gave money to a player who played for that team and player didn't donate it to charity, it would be circumvention of the salary cap - Boosters are not allowed in the NFL.

It is true they can't stop it, but if they find out they can fine both players for doing just that.

Sorry. Disagree.

NFL players give each other loans and gifts all the time and the league knows about it. How many stories came out during the lockout? Tons. Guys maybe shouldn't be so blatant about the "I'll pay your fine" issue, but that's where my birthday present (wink wink) scenario comes into play.

And as far as your booster issue goes.....these NFL stars get paid by local franchises all the time to do commercials and endorse their products. The owners of said franchises are almost all "fans" of the local teams and players they engage to do these commercials and endorsements. They essentially act as boosters to an extent and it is allowed.

Kaylore
08-25-2011, 10:07 AM
I am going to watch one full commercial segment next regular season game as my donation, where I usually use my DVR to skip through them. :)

LittleFloyd
08-25-2011, 10:13 AM

LMFAO, the funniest comment ever.

Sir_Robin
08-25-2011, 10:44 AM
I am going to watch one full commercial segment next regular season game as my donation, where I usually use my DVR to skip through them. :)

I'll consider doing this when "Rahim and the other broncos" field a team that's entertaining for the right reasons.

smoke4815162342
08-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Willis McGahee had his car's windshield broken during practice. Lets raise money to help him fix it!

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/08/25/errant-pass-at-broncos-practice-cracks-windshield-of-willis-mcgahees-porsche/9084/

BroncoMan4ever
08-25-2011, 11:02 AM
actually i think the Pittsburgh organization and fans have had a hand in paying back the fines on Harrison's weekly cheap shots

Crushaholic
08-25-2011, 01:39 PM
This... wtf

WWE professional rasslin'...R-Truth's character is going on about Lil' Jimmy and conspiracies against him...

theAPAOps5
08-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Whoa, so someone really tried to make a fundraiser! Wow, just wow.

Ratboy
08-25-2011, 03:23 PM
The good news for Moore is that the new Collective Bargaining Agreement protects players from fines of more than 25 percent of their weekly base salary, which means his fine will likely be reduced to 25 percent of his weekly pay of $22,058.82, or $5,514.71.

So he was fined $5,514.71?

Sweet! KEEP ON IT RAHIM!