PDA

View Full Version : Joe Montana says don't change Tim Tebow's throwing motion.

24champ
08-24-2011, 02:05 PM
"If you look at what he did in college, he played in one of the toughest divisions there was . . . He had success throwing the ball. He got it away in time. I don't remember a lot of balls knocked down at the line of scrimmage . . .

"If you change the thing that really made the guy you take away from his ability to play the game, because now he's thinking about his delivery as opposed to playing the game and throwing the ball on time, and that's what it's all about.

"If you can throw it accurately and on time, I don't care what your delivery looks like. Don't change his delivery. Get his feet right, because he's never taken a snap from under center. Let's work on that part and see how the rest goes."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/08/joe-montana-tim-tebow-throwing-motion/1

Joe Montana > Merril Hodge & Boomer.

Lolad
08-24-2011, 02:19 PM
this makes sense.

bronco militia
08-24-2011, 02:20 PM
who knew

El Guapo
08-24-2011, 02:24 PM
Ground breaking.

TheReverend
08-24-2011, 02:27 PM
Hmmmmmmm... I feel like I need a quote from at least ONE more HoF 49ers QB

Liquid Courage
08-24-2011, 02:28 PM
I may be in the minority here, but if I were Elway for a day I would go out and procure the one left-handed QB that displayed elusiveness, drive and accuracy throughout his career . . . Steve Young (no, not Boomer). I would pay him more than he makes now doing whatever the hell he is doing and I would have him come in and work on footwork and preparation and the rest would follow. The kid needs room to develop and the right instruction and then he'd emerge as a true, multi-faceted weapon.

Kaylore
08-24-2011, 02:34 PM
HEY!!

I made a thread for former Niners QB's quotes on Tebow:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3264028#post3264028

Please add. Thank you!

Teboner
08-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Joe Montana knows what he is talking about start Tebow!

Shananahan
08-24-2011, 02:50 PM
Hmmmmmmm... I feel like I need a quote from at least ONE more HoF 49ers QB
http://i55.tinypic.com/2ppx2c7.jpg

maher_tyler
08-24-2011, 02:55 PM
LOL at all these threads!

UberBroncoMan
08-24-2011, 02:57 PM
Furthermore from that article...

"Montana also reminded listeners that he wasn't an instant sensation, and that in his first game he had two interceptions returned for touchdowns, including one where he was run over at the 1-yard line."

Tebow has played pretty ****ing well for a rookie with basically no off-season. Especially last year. So many of this smart ****ers forget how ****ing bad people were in their first/second years, etc. Look at Josh Freeman for a good current example.

OABB
08-24-2011, 03:13 PM

"Montana also reminded listeners that he wasn't an instant sensation, and that in his first game he had two interceptions returned for touchdowns, including one where he was run over at the 1-yard line."

Tebow has played pretty ****ing well for a rookie with basically no off-season. Especially last year. So many of this smart ****ers forget how ****ing bad people were in their first/second years, etc. Look at Josh Freeman for a good current example.

yeah. but they had no film on montana in that game. so thats why he was so good. or wait...how does that work again? rock chalk, montana was a scrambling qb right?

Steve Sewell
08-24-2011, 03:25 PM

People have also forgotten that Tebow has actually started games in the NFL, and in his second game went for over 300 yards (making every NFL throw imaginable) in leading his team to a 17 point comeback (tied for the franchise record).

Inkana7
08-24-2011, 03:37 PM
People have also forgotten that Tebow has actually started games in the NFL, and in his second game went for over 300 yards (making every NFL throw imaginable) in leading his team to a 17 point comeback (tied for the franchise record).

Wait, what?? I have not heard of this before!

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
08-24-2011, 04:10 PM
"If you look at what he did in college, he played in one of the toughest divisions there was . . . He had success throwing the ball. He got it away in time. I don't remember a lot of balls knocked down at the line of scrimmage . . .

"If you change the thing that really made the guy you take away from his ability to play the game, because now he's thinking about his delivery as opposed to playing the game and throwing the ball on time, and that's what it's all about.

"If you can throw it accurately and on time, I don't care what your delivery looks like. Don't change his delivery. Get his feet right, because he's never taken a snap from under center. Let's work on that part and see how the rest goes."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/08/joe-montana-tim-tebow-throwing-motion/1

Joe Montana > Merril Hodge & Boomer.

The thing is, it takes time to develope that 3, 5, and 7 step drop. Its thousands of snaps in practice, another couple of thousand in game experience before a QB is ready. That's what college was suppose to be. McDip$h!t picked a guy the 1st round who has nearly 0 experience taking snaps from center, then during all of TC practiced very little from under, plus 3 games where it looked like he never even looked at the playbook(which I blame McFuqface).

Tebow has a long road ahead of him. There been a couple of post here that said that "GM Elway, became Coach Elway for a day of camp". Well Tebow better pitch a tent in Elway's backyard if he wants to get to half of what Elway did.

I'll leave you with this quote "I've taken 50,000 snaps in my life. I told Tommy Nalen, 'you make sure I get this snap.'" - John Elway Superbowl 32

TheDave
08-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Don't change the throwing motion of our option QB... Uh, OK... Thanks Joe... I think...

vonqkilla
08-24-2011, 04:25 PM
If u cant master your drops in 3 practices... Wow.