PDA

View Full Version : Boomer Esiason says Tebow stinks!

cutthemdown
08-24-2011, 11:30 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/24/boomer-esiason-tim-tebow-cant-play-cant-throw/

Move aside, Merril Hoge. You now have competition as Tim Tebow’s harshest critic.

Boomer Esiason, the former Bengals quarterback and current CBS analyst, says Tebow has no business being an NFL quarterback, and just because Tebow was successful at Florida, that’s no reason to think he’ll ever be any good with the Broncos.

“He can’t play. He can’t throw,” Esiason said, via Mike McCarthy of USA Today. “I’m not here to insult him. The reality is he was a great college football player, maybe the greatest college football player of his time. But he’s not an NFL quarterback right now. Just because he’s God-fearing, and a great person off the field, and was a winner with the team that had the best athletes in college football, doesn’t mean his game is going to translate to the NFL.”

Esiason says he can’t imagine why the old coaching staff wanted Tebow and doesn’t see what good it does for the current coaching staff to keep him around.

The Tebowners going to have to face it. This kid will never start for the Broncos. He should try and switch to another position.

alkemical
08-24-2011, 11:31 AM
spam

Tombstone RJ
08-24-2011, 11:32 AM
well if Boomer is saying it, it must be true...

PRBronco
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/24/boomer-esiason-tim-tebow-cant-play-cant-throw/

Move aside, Merril Hoge. You now have competition as Tim Tebow’s harshest critic.

Boomer Esiason, the former Bengals quarterback and current CBS analyst, says Tebow has no business being an NFL quarterback, and just because Tebow was successful at Florida, that’s no reason to think he’ll ever be any good with the Broncos.

“He can’t play. He can’t throw,” Esiason said, via Mike McCarthy of USA Today. “I’m not here to insult him. The reality is he was a great college football player, maybe the greatest college football player of his time. But he’s not an NFL quarterback right now. Just because he’s God-fearing, and a great person off the field, and was a winner with the team that had the best athletes in college football, doesn’t mean his game is going to translate to the NFL.”

Esiason says he can’t imagine why the old coaching staff wanted Tebow and doesn’t see what good it does for the current coaching staff to keep him around.

The Tebowners going to have to face it. This kid will never start for the Broncos. He should try and switch to another position.

Now that Boomer Esiason and you have weighed in, I'll make peace with it. I'll just ignore the games last year where he proved he can throw, and played well. Because I read otherwise on the internet.

ghwk

OOH SNAP and OUCH!

Archer81
08-24-2011, 11:33 AM
Oh noes...

:Broncos:

OABB
08-24-2011, 11:34 AM
lol.

TailgateNut
But Jhns and Macgruder and OABB and Amangedon and Rev know better. He scored in the last 3 garbage games and he has a Heisman.

Didn't Leaf have one of those?

55CrushEm
Now that Boomer Esiason and you have weighed in, I'll make peace with it. I'll just ignore the games last year where he proved he can throw, and played well. Because I read otherwise on the internet.

This.

If I took everything that every "expert" says as truth....well. I mean, hey, Mel Kiper is always right, too.....yes?

So who'r right? Steve Young or Boomer Esiason?

oubronco
This should go over well

Archer81
08-24-2011, 11:36 AM
But Jhns and Macgruder and OABB and Amangedon and Rev know better. He scored in the last 3 garbage games and he has a Heisman.

I forgot that we were 13-0 when Kyle got hurt...

:Broncos:

PRBronco
This should go over well

Is there a way we can unban Macgruder just for this thread?

rock
And Montana says he doesn't so...

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/08/joe-montana-tim-tebow-throwing-motion/1

Requiem
08-24-2011, 11:37 AM
http://sportsmisstress.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/boomer-1.jpghttp://shop.sportsworldcards.com/ekmps/shops/sportsworld/images/cincinnati-bengals-carl-pickens-82-pinnacle-summit-1996-american-football-trading-card-30868-p.jpg

rock
08-24-2011, 11:38 AM

Actually... He needs to go somewhere where they can get him to where he needs to be. That will never happen here. Delhomme = Orton and that's what Fox needs.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Quick! Everyone! Discredit Boomer Esiason!

mkporter
08-24-2011, 11:39 AM
This has to be the most ridiculous media frenzy I've ever seen. Can't we just let Tim develop and learn like most other QBs? I'm not sold that he'll be a great NFL quarterback yet (and I really hope he will be), but it's not like the guy embarrassed himself out on the field in real live NFL games last year. He showed a lot of good stuff, and some bad stuff, but the dude was a rookie for ****s sake. Even Orton has to be feeling sorry for him at this point. Let's hope Tebow is building the world's largest chip on his shoulder.

Requiem
08-24-2011, 11:40 AM

Boomer Esiason farts in Kyle Orton's whiskey bottle. . . and Kyle likes it.

baja
08-24-2011, 11:41 AM

Now there is a short bus group. They should call themselves, " The Too Smart to Fails "

broncocalijohn
well if Boomer is saying it, it must be true...

For every Hoge and Boomer, I have Steve Young and Steve Young. If that isnt enough, I give you Steve Young and his banned brother MacGruder.

SonOfLe-loLang
Its silly that 8 months ago he had a 300 yard game, lead a broncos offense to success....now he "cant throw," "will never be an NFL QB" "he might as well kill himself, he sucks at being a human being."

As far as "switching to another position" .. absurd. If Tim Tebow's FLOOR is being Brad Smith, i want him on my team.

rock

No need to...

Support Tebow - Joe Montana, Jim Kelly, Peyton Manning

Tebow Sucks - Boomer Esiason, Tim Hasselbeck, Meril Hoge

If someone is giving you advice, who do you take it from?

OABB

nah. its more fun watching cut and tgn act as if he is the oracle of football.

NFLBRONCO
I wish the experts lol would focus more on that he is a refreshing athlete that is good for the game then just trash his game this early in his career. I guess role models don't mean anything these days.

I'm actually holding out for trifecta of suck so I'm waiting for Ryan Leaf's opinion on this subject before buy it.

ant1999e
08-24-2011, 11:42 AM

Just because he’s God-fearing,

This **** kills me. This is one of the reasons he's hated so much.

WolfpackGuy
Pretty bad situation.

I'd still rather see a guy who can't throw, make reads, etc. than Orton.

Thanks a lot, McClueless!

mkporter
And Montana says he doesn't so...

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/08/joe-montana-tim-tebow-throwing-motion/1

From Montana:
"If you can throw it accurately and on time, I don't care what your delivery looks like. Don't change his delivery. Get his feet right, because he's never taken a snap from under center. Let's work on that part and see how the rest goes."

Which is exactly what our VP of Football Operations was working with him on after practice.

BroncosMT
08-24-2011, 11:45 AM
I would take Montana and Young's opinion over Hoge and Esiason any day of the week. Two gold jackets to none! Nuff said! I think its ridiculous how people continue to bash Tebow. Give the kid a chance....either he has or he doesn't....you cant tell that in the little time he has been given.

55CrushEm
08-24-2011, 11:45 AM
No need to...

Support Tebow - Joe Montana, Jim Kelly, Peyton Manning

Tebow Sucks - Boomer Esiason, Tim Hasselbeck, Meril Hoge

If someone is giving you advice, who do you take it from?

You left out Steve Young a a huge supporter.

RaiderH8r
08-24-2011, 11:47 AM

He's a man of high moral character who may have been the greatest college football player ever and was a winner but he can't play in the NFL.

Makes sense Boomer. Makes perfect sense. I wonder what Boomer was saying about Ryan Leaf when he came out of college. Methinks Boom would have been swinging off Leaf's hangdown because Leaf has a big arm and the mechanics and blah blah blah. Point being Kiper, Hoge, Boomer have long histories of saying stupid sh$t that never pans out to be right.

Dedhed
08-24-2011, 11:51 AM
This kid will never start for the Broncos. He should try and switch to another position.

He'll start before the year is out.

RaiderH8r
08-24-2011, 11:52 AM

Leaf also had good mechanics and threw well from the pocket. I'm also pretty sure Marinovich was one hell of an NFL ready QB. Claussen was most NFL ready. And so on and so forth.

TailgateNut
08-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Pretty bad situation.

I'd still rather see a guy who can't throw, make reads, etc. than Orton.

Thanks a lot, McClueless!

Who drafted the worthless Gator?

Requiem
08-24-2011, 11:56 AM
You did.

Br0nc0Buster
08-24-2011, 11:57 AM
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in all seriousness his footwork is the one thing I think he needs to polish up more than anything else

the rest as far as going through his progressions and getting the ball out on time should just come with experience

I saw the same games these "experts" saw, and no where did I see a guy who looked like he didnt belong

bronclvr
08-24-2011, 11:59 AM
To me, it's amazing how much energy the Media is expending to tear this kid down-what other 2nd Year Quarterback in the League gets as much criticism or headlines? They just won't give him the benefit of the doubt-it's just nuts-

There's a guy on another Forum I frequent that's offering 10:1 odds that Tebow will not be a starting Quarterback by 1/2013-

OABB
08-24-2011, 12:01 PM
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in all seriousness his footwork is the one thing I think he needs to polish up more than anything else

the rest as far as going through his progressions and getting the ball out on time should just come with experience

I saw the same games these "experts" saw, and no where did I see a guy who looked like he didnt belong

tebow played better than most rookies last year. its obviously a hateboner because every talking head knows rookies struggle with these things. in fact any football fan know this.

its completely hate driven and awesome to watch really. im going to.enjoy this.for years.

i still remember "elway all the way no way" cheers. boy those phonecalls were fun after we won 32 and 33.

bronco militia
08-24-2011, 12:01 PM
To me, it's amazing how much energy the Media is expending to tear this kid down-what other 2nd Year Quarterback in the League gets as much criticism or headlines? They just won't give him the benefit of the doubt-it's just nuts-

there's a lot of people in sports that don't like going to church

ghwk
08-24-2011, 12:02 PM
For every Hoge and Boomer, I have Steve Young and Steve Young. If that isnt enough, I give you Steve Young and his banned brother MacGruder.

Is there a banned list somewhere? I didn't even know Goober was banned? How do I get in the loop on these things!

Los Broncos
08-24-2011, 12:03 PM
I cant believe McD burned a pick on this guy, the more I think of it the more it pisses me off.

ColoradoDarin
08-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Dear Boomer,

Antoine says

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q227/dhaus5650/Antoine-Dodson-So-Dumb-for-Real.jpg

Br0nc0Buster
The Schefter has spoken:

"Let me be very clear, the Broncos are keeping Tim Tebow"

http://www.broncoszone.net/2011/08/schefter-chimes-in-on-tebow-situation.html

So let it be written, so let it be done

cutthemdown
I cant believe McD burned a pick on this guy, the more I think of it the more it pisses me off.

We could have had Ed Reed, oh wait wrong draft. :)

BroncosSR
08-24-2011, 12:10 PM
Good. I was concerned that there wasn't another Tebow thread in the last few minutes. Thought all of you had died or something.

bronclvr
08-24-2011, 12:11 PM
The Schefter has spoken:

"Let me be very clear, the Broncos are keeping Tim Tebow"

http://www.broncoszone.net/2011/08/schefter-chimes-in-on-tebow-situation.html

So let it be written, so let it be done

Thank Gawd, or should I say, Thanks EFX-I want this kid to at least have a chance to prove himself-

bronco militia
08-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Good. I was concerned that there wasn't another Tebow thread in the last few minutes. Thought all of you had died or something.

:thumbsup:

WolfpackGuy
08-24-2011, 12:12 PM

It was more like 3 picks.

peacepipe
08-24-2011, 12:13 PM
Now that Boomer Esiason and you have weighed in, I'll make peace with it. I'll just ignore the games last year where he proved he can throw, and played well. Because I read otherwise on the internet.he had acouple good throws,so did ryan leaf. he also had alot of bad throws.

TailgateNut
08-24-2011, 12:13 PM
tebow played better than most rookies last year. its obviously a hateboner because every talking head knows rookies struggle with these things. in fact any football fan know this.

its completely hate driven and awesome to watch really. im going to.enjoy this.for years.

i still remember "elway all the way no way" cheers. boy those phonecalls were fun after we won 32 and 33.

How old are you? You must have read about elway in a book!

rock
08-24-2011, 12:14 PM

I can't remember... Didn't Shanny burn a few first round picks? Can't remember...

What's going on with Middlebrooks these days? Moss plays for Oakland now right?

LittleFloyd
08-24-2011, 12:15 PM
Should we really listen to a guy named Boomer?

jhns
08-24-2011, 12:15 PM
Tebow may suck. He may not ever become a good NFL QB. He has still proven to be better than Orton. You may not think he is better than Orton, and that is your right. Not everyone believes facts. Granted, that puts you on MacGruders level...

PRBronco
08-24-2011, 12:16 PM
he had acouple good throws,so did ryan leaf. he also had alot of bad throws.

K thanks for that bro. Did anyone else know we had a pro scout in our midst?

Dedhed
Should we really listen to a guy named Boomer?

I'm sure he doesn't have anything against the organization though. If the Broncos had dumped his son or something I could see why he would want to make them look stupid, but this is just out of left field.

rock

Compare Ryan Leaf's first three games to Tebow's and get back to me.

Los Broncos
08-24-2011, 12:23 PM
I can't remember... Didn't Shanny burn a few first round picks? Can't remember...

What's going on with Middlebrooks these days? Moss plays for Oakland now right?

But a 1st rounder on a QB with many questions?

We needed help at DT and all kinds of holes on the defense.

You think 1st round picks grow on trees?

Gort
08-24-2011, 12:25 PM

i give Boomer wide latitude as a former Terp, but the fact is that he's become cranky in his old age and his job requires him to make controversial pronouncements.

somewhere in the past week to 10 days, it's become conventional wisdom among the chattering class (in sports) that Tebow is a bust and you will now see almost all of these TV types adding their names to the list who consider him a bust, so that they are not left out of the party. it's the "in" crowd opinion to hold right now, and it's complete BS.

Kaylore
08-24-2011, 12:27 PM
I don't understand why so many people are coming out now eager to get on the "Tebow Sucks" bandwagon. This kid is getting hammered every day and he's a major project in his second year.

RaiderH8r
08-24-2011, 12:28 PM
But a 1st rounder on a QB with many questions?

We needed help at DT and all kinds of holes on the defense.

You think 1st round picks grow on trees?

We needed help at DT this year too and I didn't see EFX spending too many picks there. In fact we went back to the trash heap and refused to pay the young FA and instead overpaid the old FA with a history of injuries so...um...yeah. If you're going to take a dump on a regime for not drafting DT then let's hold everyone equally accountable.

myMind
Let's hope Tebow is building the world's largest chip on his shoulder.

...and that he is still a Bronco when he inevitably brushes it off.
:pray:

alkemical
I don't understand why so many people are coming out now eager to get on the "Tebow Sucks" bandwagon. This kid is getting hammered every day and he's a major project in his second year.

It's because he's white.

RaiderH8r
08-24-2011, 12:29 PM

"Tebow only wipes with single ply toilet paper. That's just not sound fundamentals and he'll never start in the NFL if he insists on single ply."
-Boomer Esiason

OABB
08-24-2011, 12:31 PM

because he is unorthodox and raw. The nfl is a fraternity, and anything different or odd will be criticized. It's normal. the bad thing about it is that he has actually performed very well and it is being overlooked. there is rarely a mention about his preseason performance or his good showing last year as a counter argument.

tebow is marked. its not his fault, but hes a big boy and will be fine.

cutthemdown
08-24-2011, 12:32 PM

I don't get it either really.

a- Tebow is caught in regime change and Elway doesn't like him as a player

b- They liked Tebow until he came to camp and couldn't answer questions about coverages and defenses. You usually have to demonstrate the whole offense on a chalk board before a coach will let you be the starter. They want to know you know where to throw the ball. Tebow sort of seems to just wing it.

c-It's all just hyperbole media speculation and Tebow just still being developed to be a qb for the Broncos.

alkemical
08-24-2011, 12:33 PM
I don't get it either really.

a- Tebow is caught in regime change and Elway doesn't like him as a player

b- They liked Tebow until he came to camp and couldn't answer questions about coverages and defenses. You usually have to demonstrate the whole offense on a chalk board before a coach will let you be the starter. They want to know you know where to throw the ball. Tebow sort of seems to just wing it.

c-It's all just hyperbole media speculation and Tebow just still being developed to be a qb for the Broncos.

D - There's some really ****ed up people that need to peg their identity on a cult of personality.

Gort
08-24-2011, 12:34 PM
because he is unorthodox and raw. The nfl is a fraternity, and anything different or odd will be criticized. It's normal. the bad thing about it is that he has actually performed very well and it is being overlooked. there is rarely a mention about his preseason performance or his good showing last year as a counter argument.

tebow is marked. its not his fault, but hes a big boy and will be fine.

what's funny is this notion that 3-step, 5-step, and 7-step drops are sooooo difficult to learn how to do, that we should all just give up and declare Tebow a bust because there is just no chance he could ever possibly learn how to do those things.

PhD in astrophysics? no problem.
winning a Nobel Prize in chemistry? child's play.
learning how to do a 3-step and 5-step drop as an NFL QB? really amazingly difficult!

alkemical
08-24-2011, 12:35 PM
Tebow should just give up the NFL and offer a "stud" fee and just start impregnating women.

Smilin Assassin
08-24-2011, 12:37 PM

This. This. THIS.

I could understand if he was the Ryan Leaf/Kellen Winslow Jr. Type. But, the kid has displayed nothing but class and heart since he came out of college (and during his time there).

Give the kid a chance. Maybe he won't be a quality NFL Quarterback, maybe he will. But all this dumping on him is unwarranted, especially at this stage.

Gort
08-24-2011, 12:42 PM
This. This. THIS.

I could understand if he was the Ryan Leaf/Kellen Winslow Jr. Type. But, the kid has displayed nothing but class and heart since he came out of college (and during his time there).

Give the kid a chance. Maybe he won't be a quality NFL Quarterback, maybe he will. But all this dumping on him is unwarranted, especially at this stage.

it's the "in" thing to do right now. all the nattering nabobs of negativity in the sports media don't want to be left out of the fun, so they are going "all in" on this "Tebow is a bust" nonsense... the herd is now in full stampede mode.

Rock Chalk
08-24-2011, 01:00 PM

Im not really understanding the hate either.

I dont think Tebow will ever be a successful QB. His 3 games last year were against crap competition and he lost 2 of them. Teams had no film on him and what to prepare for.

BUT, I just dont get why the media is piling on. I can understand if they dont think he will succeed, but this kid is a project who should never have been drafted in the first round and should not be the subject of both so much hate and so much hype.

And perhaps therein lies the problem. Maybe some of these experts are just sick of Tebow news?

TheReverend
08-24-2011, 01:01 PM

I dont think Tebow will ever be a successful QB. His 3 games last year were against crap competition and he lost 2 of them. Teams had no film on him and what to prepare for.

BUT, I just dont get why the media is piling on. I can understand if they dont think he will succeed, but this kid is a project who should never have been drafted in the first round and should not be the subject of both so much hate and so much hype.

And perhaps therein lies the problem. Maybe some of these experts are just sick of Tebow news?

And stopped reading there.

Almost as good as "Gannon was a statue"

RaiderH8r
08-24-2011, 01:02 PM
D - There's some really ****ed up people that need to peg their identity on a cult of personality.

Yep.

http://www.jhocy.com/gallery/barrack-obama-a212/shepard-fairey-barack-obama-20767953-i7205.jpg

alkemical
08-24-2011, 01:04 PM
Yep.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxPgQENBtoU3foE3tUCHvTkMPUK3RhE QFeAuhV28doadQXuLjy..

RaiderH8r
08-24-2011, 01:05 PM
what's funny is this notion that 3-step, 5-step, and 7-step drops are sooooo difficult to learn how to do, that we should all just give up and declare Tebow a bust because there is just no chance he could ever possibly learn how to do those things.

PhD in astrophysics? no problem.
winning a Nobel Prize in chemistry? child's play.
learning how to do a 3-step and 5-step drop as an NFL QB? really amazingly difficult!

True. To hear Jaws talk about it the 5 step drop is more difficult than proving unified string theory. A 7 step drop is harder than quantifying the existence of the Boson-Higgs particle and indisputably proving the existence of God falls just short of getting off the 3 step drop and...AND...making the hot read. So hard. So difficult. Should be a Nobel prize for it.

peacepipe
08-24-2011, 01:06 PM

You're not kidding, I was on this wagon alone for quite some time. now I'm getting trampled by all the people jumping on.

Gort
08-24-2011, 01:06 PM

maybe they can't wait to get back to reporting on DUIs, rapes, and gun charges filed against current and former NFL players.

RaiderH8r
08-24-2011, 01:11 PM
maybe they can't wait to get back to reporting on DUIs, rapes, and gun charges filed against current and former NFL players.

Rapey McStabsalot and Stabby McRapesalot both love the Tebow coverage. Maybe Tebow needs to rape and stab Boomer to get his respect.

Blueflame
08-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Tebow's a victim of his own hype, IMHO... whenever a player is that high-profile and then their performance is disappointing, this is what happens.

MplsBronco
08-24-2011, 01:24 PM

Comparing what he did last year to Ryan Leaf? You are pathetic and must not have watched the games because you don't know what you are talking about.

peacepipe
08-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Comparing what he did last year to Ryan Leaf? You are pathetic and must not have watched the games because you don't know what you are talking about.watched every game last yr. I saw QB with very poor accuracy.

MplsBronco
08-24-2011, 01:29 PM
watched every game last yr. I saw QB with very poor accuracy.

That's all you got? Very poor accuracy? Pathetic.

jhns
08-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Very poor accuracy that resulted in far superior production.*

MplsBronco
08-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Let's not acknowledge:

17 point comeback, showing that he can be CLUTH.
A 300 yard game
A 35-40 yard scramble down the throat of the Raiders, breaking tackles and stiff arming all the way. Perhaps offering inspiration to his teammates???
The ability to scramble of 3rd and 10 and get the first down.
Positive TD to INT ratio
Good field presence. ABSOLUTELY looked as if he belonged on the field.

The game was not too fast or too big for him. That was obvious.

I am sick of this crap, blanket statement that he "can't play". Get your own material.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-24-2011, 01:34 PM

San Diego has the #1 D in the league and Oaklands was fairly high too. Sure, the Texans D was bad, but it is NFL competition and he had a ton of success against it.

It was the first 3 games of his career, as a project QB, with a interim head coach...as I've said, if Bradford's second game of his career mirrored Tebows, they'd crown him. For Tim, apparently it was some cute novelty for some guy who "can't throw"

Rock Chalk
08-24-2011, 01:35 PM
And stopped reading there.

Almost as good as "Gannon was a statue"

Right, Houston was AWESOME.

Oakland, couldnt win a game outside of the division and San Diego, all that talent and a whopping 9-7.

His opponents were a combined 23-25.

Not exactly the cream of the crop.

Furthermore, Tebows BEST game last year came at home against the one defense that MIGHT have actually been worse than ours in Houston.

MplsBronco
08-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Oh, and a beatiful bomb to Lloyd, igniting the comeback. The guy throws a beautiful deep ball. I am glad he isn't a dink and dunker. I am so sick of that brand of football. Tebow looks to make plays 15-20+ yards downfield.

peacepipe
08-24-2011, 01:37 PM
That's all you got? Very poor accuracy? Pathetic.it's all I need.

MplsBronco
08-24-2011, 01:38 PM

Oakland, couldnt win a game outside of the division and San Diego, all that talent and a whopping 9-7.

Furthermore, Tebows BEST game last year came at home against the one defense that MIGHT have actually been worse than ours in Houston.

Yeah, he should have won the Super Bowl after having just those three starts. Do you remember the game plan against the Raiders? They wouldn't let him throw. For f*ck sake.

Gort
08-24-2011, 01:38 PM

Orton lost to STL, SF, OAK (badly), and Jay Feeley.

i'm not understanding your point ???

OABB
08-24-2011, 01:40 PM
Orton lost to STL, SF, OAK (badly), and Jay Feeley.

i'm not understanding your point ???

his point is that mike vick is a statue in the pocket I think.

TheReverend
08-24-2011, 01:46 PM

#1 defense in the NFL

#1 and #2 pass defense in the NFL

And your "they didn't have film!" was a really adorable explanation of a rookie in his first ever NFL start on the road in the Black Hole outperforming Orton's humiliating performance against Oak @ home.

...why don't you go ahead and find me ANY quote of ANY DC in the HISTORY OF THE NFL that says gameplanning for a rookie QB is a disadvantage because of lack of film.

Go ahead.

...but guess what? It doesn't exist. Because getting to attack a rookie QB is a DC's wet dream you ****ing retard.

MplsBronco
08-24-2011, 01:53 PM
#1 defense in the NFL

#1 and #2 pass defense in the NFL

And your "they didn't have film!" was a really adorable explanation of a rookie in his first ever NFL start on the road in the Black Hole outperforming Orton's humiliating performance against Oak @ home.

...why don't you go ahead and find me ANY quote of ANY DC in the HISTORY OF THE NFL that says gameplanning for a rookie QB is a disadvantage because of lack of film.

Go ahead.

...but guess what? It doesn't exist. Because getting to attack a rookie QB is a DC's wet dream you ****ing retard.

Awesome!

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-24-2011, 01:56 PM
I see so many vets quick to slam the guy and almost none of them willing to take any time sharing their knowledge and experience with him. (Except for Elway)

razorwire77
08-24-2011, 03:35 PM
At this point, I wish they would just cut the kid, trade the kid, something. With Tebow, you basically have about 10 percent of the population who are rational. If he winds up having success with another team, the same pundits that said he would never make it will be screaming about how they knew Timmy have the "intangibles" to be successful. If he fails, they will pile on x 10 compared to what we already have. It's not the kids fault, but he's such a polarizing figure that he eclipses the team.

Mogulseeker
08-24-2011, 04:50 PM
Interesting.

I remember watching the Broncos-Raiders game in Oakland last year and I heard Steve Tasker say, "Who says Tebow can't throw. He's looking like Boomer Esiason out there."

Just thought it was kind of funny, because people have made the comparison.

DomCasual
08-24-2011, 04:54 PM

This is so dumb.

I'm sure there are other posts pointing this out. Oh well.

Even if Tebow never becomes the starter (something I'm not conceding), he could make a career off of playing exclusively in the red zone. He could be Kordell Stewart as Slash - only bigger and harder to bring down. So, there's no value in that? A, say, fifth cornerback that is going to be inactive every week is going to be a better use of a roster spot than Tim Tebow.

People are dumb.

Mogulseeker
08-24-2011, 04:55 PM
Tebow will start eventually if he's up to the challenge. He's under contract for 3 more years, and Orton and Quinn have one.

Orton and Quinn will likely be gone next year, and the choice the Broncos will have to make is if theyr'e going with Tebow or drafting another QB.

spdirty
08-24-2011, 04:55 PM
This has to be the most ridiculous media frenzy I've ever seen. Can't we just let Tim develop and learn like most other QBs? I'm not sold that he'll be a great NFL quarterback yet (and I really hope he will be), but it's not like the guy embarrassed himself out on the field in real live NFL games last year. He showed a lot of good stuff, and some bad stuff, but the dude was a rookie for ****s sake. Even Orton has to be feeling sorry for him at this point. Let's hope Tebow is building the world's largest chip on his shoulder.

Yep. Couldn't agree more.

Mogulseeker
08-24-2011, 04:56 PM
This is so dumb.

I'm sure there are other posts pointing this out. Oh well.

Even if Tebow never becomes the starter (something I'm not conceding), he could make a career off of playing exclusively in the red zone. He could be Kordell Stewart as Slash - only bigger and harder to bring down. So, there's no value in that? A, say, fifth cornerback that is going to be inactive every week is going to be a better use of a roster spot than Tim Tebow.

People are dumb.

This is reason, but Mitt Romney is not a Bronco.

DomCasual
08-24-2011, 05:10 PM
This is reason, but Mitt Romney is not a Bronco.

He would be, if he played football. And he would be fabulous!

cutthemdown
08-24-2011, 05:20 PM
That's all you got? Very poor accuracy? Pathetic.

What I see is a QB that really doesn't think very pre-snap. He calls a play, hikes the ball, then looks at WR without taking into account the route. Or its like he already decided to run and pulls it down early. Other times it seemed like he held ball to long. But he completes passes and moves the ball IMO. But...thats not really what coaches are looking for. They want the qb to tell them when I see the ssl in the b gap I know its a deep zone with the safety so I am going to blah blah blah. I'm just making that up lol not real football, just an example that they want the QB to understand coverages and how to manipulate them. Not just wing it and go out and try and be a bulldozer.

I dig tebow I think he can be a great football player. Maybe even a starting qb in a yr or 2. But I also think he could be a great bkup QB role player. Gotta be a position like FB or HB he could play while at the same time being your 2nd or 3rd qb depending. Be great for making up a roster where you can comfortably keep only 2 qbs. But he would have to take pay but and buy into it. Paid too good for that role.

Captain 'Dre
08-24-2011, 07:42 PM

Defensive tackle, perhaps. :wiggle:

Agamemnon
08-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Tebow's a victim of his own hype, IMHO... whenever a player is that high-profile and then their performance is disappointing, this is what happens.

What performance has been disappointing exactly? The guy has yet to have a single truly bad outing in the preseason or regular season. Especially by the standards that are used for other young QBs.

That is probably the most disgusting aspect of all of this. The guy has actually played very well for a young QB coming from a spread option offense, and he's being treated like Ryan Leaf by many in the media.

The Moops
08-24-2011, 08:30 PM
Boomer's just bitter that he gets zero HOF love ... even though he's not even the greatest Bengal QB in their crappy team history (see Ken Anderson)

OABB
08-24-2011, 08:32 PM
What performance has been disappointing exactly? The guy has yet to have a single truly bad outing in the preseason or regular season. Especially by the standards that are used for other young QBs.

That is probably the most disgusting aspect of all of this. The guy has actually played very well for a young QB coming from a spread option offense, and he's being treated like Ryan Leaf by many in the media.

this. its strange. if bradford played that well in three starts thyd be knobslobbing him. why does tebow have to be such a good person? what an asshole to not be one.

Mogulseeker
08-24-2011, 09:44 PM
He would be, if he played football. And he would be fabulous!

Mitt Romney sounds like a baseball players name.

vancejohnson82
08-24-2011, 10:09 PM
Boomer Esiason is tongue punching Steve Young's mom's box right now

dbfan21
08-25-2011, 03:30 AM

^5

Maximus
08-25-2011, 03:45 PM

It's the media "Stock" correction cycle. Just like the stock market becomes overvalued and goes through corrections... The media is now making a stock correction on overvalued athletes. Not just in football but all sports. Especially with athletes who have high profiles but haven't proven worthy of positive media attention.

This is not a personal indictment of Tebow; It's just my observation of what happened in the aftermath of numerous Over-valuations by the media and former athletes. Take a quick look at how the media supported the following super high profile athletes: Barry Bonds, Roger Clemons, A-Rod and the biggest culprit of all LeFraud James! Ironically, James was the catalyst of all the venom from the media.

LeBron is the most Overvalued Stock of them all and he has not fully delivered the ROI that is expected from a premium stock! Sure, his net asset value is high, but anyone who purchases mutual funds or stocks should know that the value of a stock is measured by all the value of all the securities, minus calculated liabilities. If the liabilities are not calculated correctly, the fund can be overvalued or overpriced.

In the case of LeFraud, the biggest liability is his inability to deliver in crunch time. This was exposed many times, but the Market or Media kept purchasing a penny stock at blue chip prices!

The media and former players pushed his stock to unbelievable prices and actually proclaimed that he was possibly the greatest of all times! Then, the market crashed! James failed to deliver ROI and the media has been in market correction ever since!

What does this have to do with TeBow? Well, Just take a look at when the shift in support for Tebow changed… Before the Tweets (maybe when it comes from LeFraud it should be called TWITS) from Lefraud… the media was ok… After the tweets the media went into a frenzy! They saw all of their unfounded support of other players and are making a correction.

It’s harsh and maybe unfounded in Tebows case but, It’s more humane to him now because he has the chance to get dinged up now and prove the Media wrong. The media hyped this kid up and they are responsible for correcting his value. This gives Tebow an honest chance to have a decent career… Otherwise, he’s boom or bust with a short career! The truth is, the media is learning from past mistakes.

Just an overall sports take on the Media.

The Moops
08-26-2011, 07:37 AM
Boomer's career starting record?

80-93, even worse than Ortong's 32-29.

His career QB rating? 81 ...

Tebow's rating after 3 games, 82.

Blueflame
08-26-2011, 01:06 PM

We've all read the reports where the coaches said his mechanics need work and that he's not ready to start. *shrug*