PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Tell Teams Inquiring About QB Tim Tebow "Make Offer They Won't Refuse"

bronclvr
08-24-2011, 06:19 AM
There are rumors quickly spreading that the Denver Broncos may trade or cut second year quarterback Tim Tebow, which is alarming many fans in Denver. The rumors are unsound however, as can be observed below: Head Coach John Fox, Vice President John Elway and General Manager Brian Xanders all have supported Tebow, and continue to do so. They simply told teams inquiring about Tebow to make them "an offer they couldn't refuse", which is a far cry from placing him on the trading block. Following this season, starting quarterback Kyle Orton and back-up Brady Quinn will be free agents; Tebow will have three years and $6,798,750 (just over $6.7 million dollars) left on his contract. Denver will continue to evaluate Tebow and give him his due opportunities.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/broncos_tell_teams_inquiring_about_qb_tim_tebow_ma ke_offer_they_wont_refuse/6301207

alkemical
08-24-2011, 06:21 AM
I'm going to start reporting people for new tebow threads as spam.

jhns
08-24-2011, 06:25 AM
Old news is old. It has also been posted multiple times.

Man-Goblin
08-24-2011, 06:25 AM
They're not gonna whack him, are they?

And what the hell is yardbarker

tsiguy96
08-24-2011, 06:26 AM
make an offer on ANY player (besides doom and von) on this team thats good enough and a trade will happen, why is this news?

if someone offers a 1st and 3rd for tebow, im sorry but that is an offer you cant refuse, even if you WANT to keep him to see if he can develop. same with orton and quinn.

PRBronco
08-24-2011, 06:29 AM
There are rumors quickly spreading that the Denver Broncos may trade or cut second year quarterback Tim Tebow, which is alarming many fans in Denver. The rumors are unsound however, as can be observed below: Head Coach John Fox, Vice President John Elway and General Manager Brian Xanders all have supported Tebow, and continue to do so. They simply told teams inquiring about Tebow to make them "an offer they couldn't refuse", which is a far cry from placing him on the trading block. Following this season, starting quarterback Kyle Orton and back-up Brady Quinn will be free agents; Tebow will have three years and $6,798,750 (just over $6.7 million dollars) left on his contract. Denver will continue to evaluate Tebow and give him his due opportunities.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/broncos_tell_teams_inquiring_about_qb_tim_tebow_ma ke_offer_they_wont_refuse/6301207

I really appreciate the bolded part. All those commas and numbers in a row confused me initially, but they cleared it up.

Requiem
08-24-2011, 06:31 AM
With Fox, Elway and Xanders at the helm a couple cigars, 30 pack of Coors and some pepperoni pizza would probably be the offer they couldn't refuse.

TheReverend
08-24-2011, 06:37 AM
There isn't one single player on the roster I WOULDN'T move for a first for Luck ammo right now

WolfpackGuy
08-24-2011, 06:43 AM
I don't have time to wait 5 years for him to become a starter.

Hopefully, the Rams come calling with 5 first rounders and Steven Jackson.

Hell, I'd throw in Moreno to sweeten the deal.

montrose
08-24-2011, 06:44 AM
There isn't one single player on the roster I WOULDN'T move for a first for Luck ammo right now

Well...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/18/Andr%C3%A9_Goodman.JPG/200px-Andr%C3%A9_Goodman.JPG

LOL

Man-Goblin
08-24-2011, 06:47 AM

Giving up on Tebow, eh? Shame on you.

TheReverend
08-24-2011, 06:54 AM
Giving up on Tebow, eh? Shame on you.

Me, personally? Not at all

The Broncos FO? Effing clearly

TailgateNut
08-24-2011, 06:54 AM
Maybe it's the "can't teach an old dog new tricks" issue with Tebow. I tought he would at least be able to evntually work his way into the lineup, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings one iota if the got something in return for the wasted picks.

bendog
08-24-2011, 06:55 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068646/quotes?qt=qt0361856

rock
08-24-2011, 07:01 AM
I don't have time to wait 5 years for him to become a starter.

Hopefully, the Rams come calling with 5 first rounders and Steven Jackson.

Hell, I'd throw in Moreno to sweeten the deal.

Damn... You would have missed out on a few Hall of Famers then with that patience.

bendog
08-24-2011, 07:14 AM
Well, to be serious for a moment, if you really read the quote it's more like what the Rox said of Ubaldo. And no team is going to give a one for Tebow.

Rabb
08-24-2011, 07:18 AM
Well, to be serious for a moment, if you really read the quote it's more like what the Rox said of Ubaldo. And no team is going to give a one for Tebow.

not again at least

FML

Teboner
08-24-2011, 07:19 AM
They better not trade Tebow

alkemical
08-24-2011, 07:20 AM
If Tebow is traded, I'm fully expecting most of the OM to turn into zombies.

TailgateNut
08-24-2011, 07:32 AM

Sometimes a bad thing can be good and in contrast, a good thing can be bad.

Tebow jerseys will be at or below the cost of O+B Cutler jerseys.

TheReverend
08-24-2011, 07:36 AM

He'll change his face make up to a Revelations verse and we'll be ****ing done for.

Shanahan curse is clearly potent enough... supplementing that with the wrath of Christ is more than I wanna deal with.

alkemical
08-24-2011, 07:42 AM
He'll change his face make up to a Revelations verse and we'll be ****ing done for.

Shanahan curse is clearly potent enough... supplementing that with the wrath of Christ is more than I wanna deal with.

He (Jesus) was to comeback as the "Destroyer", right? ;)

I mean, the Bronco in the logo is a white horse....

alkemical
08-24-2011, 07:49 AM
Sometimes a bad thing can be good and in contrast, a good thing can be bad.

Tebow jerseys will be at or below the cost of O+B Cutler jerseys.

It would be great for FLA fans though, the colour scheme is pretty close.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7q6HcuyIVGG5Q7vY70NE3a3BchkKpV 1ItzGZ-ApPdaabrGwq1

ONE OF US, ONE OF US (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=85122)

Teboner
08-24-2011, 07:51 AM
If we trade him 12-21-12 we are pretty much all going to be zombies.

Dagmar
08-24-2011, 08:30 AM
If we trade him 12-21-12 we are pretty much all going to be zombies.

Sure it's been said, but hello again MacGruder.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-24-2011, 08:33 AM

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tv90LpsdSnE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TDmvp
08-24-2011, 08:35 AM
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tv90LpsdSnE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:spit:

bendog
08-24-2011, 08:41 AM

vampiers.

NFLBRONCO
08-24-2011, 08:46 AM
Tebow isn't a fit here (Elway is more into Luck type QB's). If it was me I'd play Tebow this year and see what happens. If we get a shot at Luck somehow then please pull the trigger. I just don't think Denver has the ability or patience to develop him.

bendog
08-24-2011, 08:49 AM
Tebow isn't a fit here (Elway is more into Luck type QB's). If it was me I'd play Tebow this year and see what happens. If we get a shot at Luck somehow then please pull the trigger. I just don't think Denver has the ability or patience to develop him.

If they didn't have the patience, they'd be playing or cutting him.

strafen
08-24-2011, 08:51 AM
Tebow isn't a fit here (Elway is more into Luck type QB's). If it was me I'd play Tebow this year and see what happens. If we get a shot at Luck somehow then please pull the trigger. I just don't think Denver has the ability or patience to develop him.To have a legit shot at Luck, it will require of us to lose 14-15 games.
So we can kiss the Luck sweepstakes good-bye

WolfpackGuy
08-24-2011, 08:51 AM
They're not gonna cut him.

They're hoping some team will foolishly overpay to get him just like McClueless did.

Bob's your Information Minister
08-24-2011, 08:55 AM
YOU GUYS WILL BELIEVE ANYTHING!

Pony Boy
08-24-2011, 09:02 AM
This is what the the Orange Mane has become

Teboner

I am not that douce bag. That guy was a dick I'm much nicer no worries

NFLBRONCO
To have a legit shot at Luck, it will require of us to lose 14-15 games.
So we can kiss the Luck sweepstakes good-bye

Agree

I figure first 3 games will tell me if we have a shot at Luck or not. I figure we'll go 3-0 to start season. Miami Buff and Det are the only 6 games I expect to win honestly. Not saying we can't beat anybody with some breaks but, surely not expecting it.

enjolras
08-24-2011, 09:09 AM
It'd be worth it just so the Florida Gator fans masquerading as Bronco fans would take their circus somewhere else.

TailgateNut
08-24-2011, 09:20 AM
It'd be worth it just so the Florida Gator fans masquerading as Bronco fans would take their circus somewhere else.

THAT WOULD BE ONE POSITIVE NOTE!

Garcia Bronco
08-24-2011, 09:23 AM
You people will believe anything. What's said in the OP is true of any player. You want Dummervill...give us two firsts and you can have him.

There are no plans to trade Tebow unless you overpay. And no one is going to over pay.

Pony Boy
08-24-2011, 09:25 AM

It's not always a bad thing, half of the state of Oklahoma have become Rams fans and are buying tickets and jerseys like crazy. Letís face it merchandise and ticket sales are not going to sky rocket with Orton under center.

NUB
08-24-2011, 09:53 AM
Agree

I figure first 3 games will tell me if we have a shot at Luck or not. I figure we'll go 3-0 to start season. Miami Buff and Det are the only 6 games I expect to win honestly. Not saying we can't beat anybody with some breaks but, surely not expecting it.

I have a feeling Detroit will blow us out.

NFLBRONCO
08-24-2011, 10:03 AM
I have a feeling Detroit will blow us out.

With Stafford yes but, who knows he might be hurt by then :)

Durango
08-24-2011, 10:05 AM
If the team was shopping him, they'd play him in the pre-season. I honestly believe that Fox is just settling the QB issue early to get the team in sync before the regular season, like every other position.

Boobs McGee
08-24-2011, 10:10 AM
I am not that douce bag. That guy was a dick I'm much nicer no worries

haha you joined today...knew him well did ya?

Oleg Gordievsky
08-24-2011, 10:17 AM
Oleg will make offer of no refusing! Take offer and put it in fetid whore chasm! Make ****ting on ****ing offer!

Tim Tebow is mighty warrior hero! He is secret weapon! He is priceless and immeasurable! He is gift from gods! Make offering of your mother. Make offering of sister! Make offering of wife! These offerings are street workers! Hero Tebow is majestic princess in comparing!

Oleg is not saying of attractedness to Tim Tebow! There is nothing wrong with this thing. Oleg is just not meant for it! Keep minds from gutters, mangy squirrels! It is just analogizing!

Captain 'Dre
08-24-2011, 10:26 AM
make an offer on ANY player (besides doom and von) on this team thats good enough and a trade will happen, why is this news?

if someone offers a 1st and 3rd for tebow, im sorry but that is an offer you cant refuse, even if you WANT to keep him to see if he can develop. same with orton and quinn.

That's just assinine! IMO, it's highly unlikely that another team would offer a 3rd for Tebow, much less a 1st and a 3rd. You might as well say, "if a team offers three 1st rounders for him..."

At this point wouldn't an offer of a 2nd be one the team "couldn't refuse"?

TailgateNut
08-24-2011, 10:30 AM
a peanut butter sandwich and a glass of milk!

bendog
08-24-2011, 10:36 AM
a peanut butter sandwich and a glass of milk!

bottle of scotch, pack of winstons and a vegas hooker. (only kidding .... though....)

TailgateNut
08-24-2011, 10:38 AM
bottle of scotch, pack of winstons and a vegas hooker. (only kidding .... though....)

You're asking price is way to high. Maybe a pack of smokes.

underrated29
08-24-2011, 10:46 AM
That's just assinine! IMO, it's highly unlikely that another team would offer a 3rd for Tebow, much less a 1st and a 3rd. You might as well say, "if a team offers three 1st rounders for him..."

At this point wouldn't an offer of a 2nd be one the team "couldn't refuse"?

Nope...

They would never do it for a second.

bendog
08-24-2011, 10:47 AM
This thread brought this guy to mind. I hope his career is a good one.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/ravens/2011-08-02-sergio-kindle-accident_n.htm

Gort
08-24-2011, 10:48 AM
You people will believe anything. What's said in the OP is true of any player. You want Dummervill...give us two firsts and you can have him.

There are no plans to trade Tebow unless you overpay. And no one is going to over pay.

only to a point.

no way NE gives up Brady for 3 firsts or IND gives up Manning for 3 firsts.

some players are just not available for any amount. the goal is to win superbowls. when you have a player that is getting that done for you (especially at QB), he's essentially untouchable, until he gets older and his skills start to erode.

Gort
08-24-2011, 10:52 AM
Oleg will make offer of no refusing! Take offer and put it in fetid whore chasm! Make ****ting on ****ing offer!

Tim Tebow is mighty warrior hero! He is secret weapon! He is priceless and immeasurable! He is gift from gods! Make offering of your mother. Make offering of sister! Make offering of wife! These offerings are street workers! Hero Tebow is majestic princess in comparing!

Oleg is not saying of attractedness to Tim Tebow! There is nothing wrong with this thing. Oleg is just not meant for it! Keep minds from gutters, mangy squirrels! It is just analogizing!

:)

can one imagine Oleg working in the FO giving press conferences? that would be "must see tv".

Gort
08-24-2011, 10:53 AM
haha you joined today...knew him well did ya?

i must confess, i am mesmerized by your avatar.

zowie!

NFLBRONCO
08-24-2011, 10:57 AM
I think with Tebow's popularity it might be wise for a struggling franchise that needs to full seats to make an offer.

TailgateNut
08-24-2011, 10:58 AM
I think with Tebow's popularity it might be wise for a struggling franchise that needs to full seats to make an offer.

CSU?

alkemical
08-24-2011, 10:59 AM

I don't think teams can trade to themselves.

;)

Crushaholic
08-24-2011, 11:00 AM
"An offer they won't refuse" would include current NFL players, if I was in the FO...

Tombstone RJ
08-24-2011, 11:07 AM
no team us gonna make even a decent offer

TailgateNut
08-24-2011, 11:10 AM
Maybe we can find Ryan Leaf and replace Timmy.

NFLBRONCO
08-24-2011, 11:13 AM
This one for Springy Tebow for Spiller :)

TailgateNut
08-24-2011, 11:16 AM
Has anyone called the raiders, they've always taken our dead and dying.

Boobs McGee
08-24-2011, 11:26 AM
i must confess, i am mesmerized by your avatar.

zowie!

God Bless America!

^5

Requiem
08-24-2011, 11:43 AM
God Bless America!

^5

Where is the mouth action?

Dedhed
08-24-2011, 11:47 AM

yeah, gosh, where could we find a struggling franchise, in need of a spark that needs to fill seats. hmmmm

What we really need is a team that won, like, four games last year, has an owner with reported money issues, and has really struggled with home field advantage the last fews years.

Even better if we could find a team that's really struggled on 3rd down, short yardage, and in the Red Zone. A team like that could really use Tebow.

Where could we possibly find such a team?

DBroncos4life
08-24-2011, 12:01 PM
yeah, gosh, where could we find a struggling franchise, in need of a spark that needs to fill seats. hmmmm

What we really need is a team that won, like, four games last year, has an owner with reported money issues, and has really struggled with home field advantage the last fews years.

Even better if we could find a team that's really struggled on 3rd down, short yardage, and in the Red Zone. A team like that could really use Tebow.

Buffalo?

alkemical
08-24-2011, 12:05 PM

I don't think teams can trade to themselves.

;)..

Dedhed
08-24-2011, 12:08 PM
Buffalo?

I actually had a team in mind that was worse than Buffalo last year, if you can imagine that.

DBroncos4life
08-24-2011, 12:17 PM
I actually had a team in mind that was worse than Buffalo last year, if you can imagine that.

Was it yards? Buffalo 25th Denver 13th. Was it points? Buffalo 28th Denver 19th. I know maybe it was attendance? Buffalo 22nd Denver 5th. Red zone %? Denver 13th Buffalo 20th. Passing yards maybe? Denver 7th Buffalo 24th. Rushing yards? Holy **** there it is Buffalo 18th Denver 26th.

You're right Denver is so much worse then Buffalo. ::)

TailgateNut
08-24-2011, 12:20 PM
Was it yards? Buffalo 25th Denver 13th. Was it points? Buffalo 28th Denver 19th. I know maybe it was attendance? Buffalo 22nd Denver 5th. Red zone %? Denver 13th Buffalo 20th. Passing yards maybe? Denver 7th Buffalo 24th. Rushing yards? Holy **** there it is Buffalo 18th Denver 26th.

Denver is worse in one category. Our fanbase is starting to resemble the chuggerfans. Fair weather fickle fandom, and this has been going on for years, so I wont blame Tebow, although his influence has brought in more of the fickle fans.

Dedhed
08-24-2011, 12:24 PM

Are you really this dense?

DBroncos4life
08-24-2011, 12:30 PM
Are you really this dense?

Stats and facts vs are you this dense.

Your own words vs facts and stats proven wrong and I'm the dense one. :thumbsup:

Dedhed
08-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Stats and facts vs are you this dense.

Your own words vs facts and stats proven wrong and I'm the dense one. :thumbsup:
Or we could just use the one fact that the league uses to determine who the worst teams in the league are. Who got beat by the most crappy teams.

That may seem simple compared to your cherry picked stats, I know, but I'm a believer that the truth tends to be simple.

Gort
08-24-2011, 12:40 PM
God Bless America!

^5

...and God bless big boobies! yay!!

DBroncos4life
08-24-2011, 12:42 PM
Or we could just use the one fact that the league uses to determine who the worst teams in the league are. Who got beat by the most crappy teams.

That may seem simple compared to your cherry picked stats, I know, but I'm a believer that the truth tends to be simple.

Every stat you brought up Denver was better then Buffalo. I didn't cherry pick ****. You talked about attendance I posted the stats. You talked about RZ I pointed out the stats. You brought these things up not me.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/30/football-values-09_NFL-Team-Valuations_Rank.html

There is the value of NFL teams something you talked about as well Denver is 10th Buffalo is 26th.

One year Denver finishes with a worse record then the Bills and all of the sudden we are a worse franchise then them? Good ****ing god.

Dedhed
08-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Every stat you brought up Denver was better then Buffalo. I didn't cherry pick ****. You talked about attendance I posted the stats. You talked about RZ I pointed out the stats. You brought these things up not me.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/30/football-values-09_NFL-Team-Valuations_Rank.html

There is the value of NFL teams something you talked about as well Denver is 10th Buffalo is 26th.

One year Denver finishes with a worse record then the Bills and all of the sudden we are a worse franchise then them? Good ****ing god.

Nice end around.

smoke4815162342
08-24-2011, 12:53 PM
I'm going to start reporting people for new tebow threads as spam.

Do It. I'll Help.

Dagmar
08-24-2011, 12:56 PM
Do It. I'll Help.

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lihle6Kg2C1qf5ab5o1_500.gif

DBroncos4life
08-24-2011, 01:01 PM
Nice end around.

Right. Do you have any stats or facts to back up your claims that Denver is worse then Buffalo what you brought up? Nope didn't think so. Buffalo won 4 games at home over the last two seasons. Is that better then Denver NOPE. In what ****ing way is Denver worse off then Buffalo???

TheReverend
08-24-2011, 01:03 PM
Right. Do you have any stats or facts to back up your claims that Denver is worse then Buffalo what you brought up? Nope didn't think so. Buffalo won 4 games at home over the last two seasons. Is that better then Denver NOPE. In what ****ing way is Denver worse off then Buffalo???

Tie-breaker for ineptitude

DBroncos4life
08-24-2011, 01:11 PM
Tie-breaker for ineptitude

Come on Rev you know we are better off then the Bills. Yeah our FO has it's issues of late but the Bills have been down and out for much longer then us. Hell they play some of their home games in Canada.

We will figure out how to best use Tebow, if not we will move on. Right now he is paid in full and the only QB that we will have under contract to begin next season.

TheReverend
08-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Come on Rev you know we are better off then the Bills. Yeah our FO has it's issues of late but the Bills have been down and out for much longer then us. Hell they play some of their home games in Canada.

We will figure out how to best use Tebow, if not we will move on. Right now he is paid in full and the only QB that we will have under contract to begin next season.

I don't think we're worse off than the Bills in general.

...but you asked for a specific and got your answer.

DBroncos4life
08-24-2011, 01:18 PM
I don't think we're worse off than the Bills in general.

...but you asked for a specific and got your answer.

from you not Dedhed lol.

Captain 'Dre
08-24-2011, 04:38 PM
Nope...

They would never do it for a second.

Then it won't happen, period!