PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Franklin sticking with first team

bronclvr
08-23-2011, 04:58 PM
RT Orlando Franklin continues to run with the first team, as he has from Day 1 of training camp.

Franklin initially had to hunker down with veteran linemen Chris Kuper and Russ Hochstein to assimilate all the information from the thick playbook after no OTAs. But now itís mostly about refining technique.

RT Orlando Franklin continues to run with the first team, as he has from Day 1 of training camp. (AP Photo)Offensive line coach Dave Magazu likes Franklinís aggressiveness, power and work ethic, but, especially, is continuing to refine the rookieís pass-protection skills.

The main component Franklin is hearing about from Magazu is trying to remain patient and playing with a controlled violence especially in his pass sets, by using proper footwork, body positioning and reach to control opposing rushers.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-08-23/denver-broncos-team-report-orlando-franklin-sticking-with-first-team#ixzz1VtaqaIYc

DeuceOfClub
08-23-2011, 05:01 PM
Must protect 4th string blind-side.

serious hops
08-23-2011, 05:26 PM
He better stick there. It's not like we have any other decent options.

Hopefully he can be a healthier version of Otah.

Ray Finkle
08-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Fox is tearing this team apart!

UberBroncoMan
08-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Funny fact.

Orlando Franklin is OLDER than Ryan Clady.

Shananahan
08-23-2011, 05:35 PM
I liked this part:

Magazu said that while Franklin still has much to improve on and learn, he expects the rookie's charming personality and influence to keep him in the starting lineup for the foreseeable future.

"I'm terrified of him," Magazu explained. "We all are."

Dedhed
08-23-2011, 05:36 PM
I liked this part:

That is great stuff!

Requiem
08-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Funny fact.

Uh, no.

Dedhed
08-23-2011, 05:43 PM
Funny fact.

Orlando Franklin (born December 16, 1987 in Kingston, Jamaica) is an Canadian American

Ryan Clady (born September 6, 1986) is an American football offensive tackle for the Denver

Inkana7
08-23-2011, 05:47 PM
He is a terrifying human being.

Houshyamama
08-23-2011, 05:49 PM
Funny fact.

I think you meant to type Not a

tsiguy96
08-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Orlando Franklin (born December 16, 1987 in Kingston, Jamaica) is an Canadian American

Ryan Clady (born September 6, 1986) is an American football offensive tackle for the Denver

im 4 days older than clady. wowzers.

Mogulseeker
08-23-2011, 05:59 PM
RT Orlando Franklin continues to run with the first team, as he has from Day 1 of training camp.

Franklin initially had to hunker down with veteran linemen Chris Kuper and Russ Hochstein to assimilate all the information from the thick playbook after no OTAs. But now itís mostly about refining technique.

RT Orlando Franklin continues to run with the first team, as he has from Day 1 of training camp. (AP Photo)Offensive line coach Dave Magazu likes Franklinís aggressiveness, power and work ethic, but, especially, is continuing to refine the rookieís pass-protection skills.

The main component Franklin is hearing about from Magazu is trying to remain patient and playing with a controlled violence especially in his pass sets, by using proper footwork, body positioning and reach to control opposing rushers.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-08-23/denver-broncos-team-report-orlando-franklin-sticking-with-first-team#ixzz1VtaqaIYc

Cool story, bro.

Seriously... even if he sucks, it's not like there is any competition at RT.

TheReverend
08-23-2011, 06:01 PM
I liked this part:

I actually bought that at first glance...

UberBroncoMan
08-23-2011, 06:18 PM

Yar I misread Wikipedia. Was a bit late to delete the post. Though wiki has Orlando born in April and December. Still, a year off vs Clady's three years is pretty big.

Mogulseeker
08-23-2011, 06:59 PM
In other news, Colquitt has locked up the punter position.

Chris
08-23-2011, 07:00 PM
In other news, Colquitt has locked up the punter position.

Source? I call bull****.

enjolras
08-23-2011, 07:08 PM
I think he's going to anchor that right tackle position for years, or at least somewhere on that right side of the line. He looks outstanding.

The best case would be for them to find a way to move him inside.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-23-2011, 07:15 PM
I think he's going to anchor that right tackle position for years, or at least somewhere on that right side of the line. He looks outstanding.

The best case would be for them to find a way to move him inside.

Sense. This makes none.

TheReverend
08-23-2011, 07:29 PM
Sense. This makes none.

Yeah, what?

Rock Chalk
08-23-2011, 07:36 PM
Funny fact.

Umm, funny fiction.

Ryan Clady #78 OT
Height: 6-6 Weight: 315 Age: 24
Born: 9/6/1986

Orlando Franklin #74 T
Height: 6-7 Weight: 330 Age: 23
Born: 12/16/1987

Edit: Bah someone beat me to it.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-23-2011, 07:39 PM
I'm still trying to understand how drafting a guy with prototypical OT size to be a RT, inserting him as starting RT as a rookie, and watching him play well as a rookie at RT... is better served by moving him to guard.

Sir_Robin
08-23-2011, 07:52 PM
Sounds like he needs to sit on the bench a couple of years and refine his footwork and technique behind a veteran. Then maybe he'd be ready to play on the nfl.

Rock Chalk
08-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Sounds like he needs to sit on the bench a couple of years and refine his footwork and technique behind a veteran. Then maybe he'd be ready to play on the nfl.

Refine is completely different than teach from scratch.

Tebow has worse mechanics than a 12 year old.

FireFly
08-23-2011, 08:01 PM
Well I'm glad he is, because the only other option I see as being decent would be him and Beadles switching places, and I'd way prefer Beadles as a guard

tsiguy96
08-23-2011, 08:01 PM
I'm still trying to understand how drafting a guy with prototypical OT size to be a RT, inserting him as starting RT as a rookie, and watching him play well as a rookie at RT... is better served by moving him to guard.

youre not supposed to understand it. just accept it.

FireFly
08-23-2011, 08:03 PM

Are you talking about Beadles or Franklin?

When Beadles came out he was pegged as an OG. Something about arm-span among other things.

If Franklin, I don't see him as a guard this season - unless his pass protection is atrocious

Baba Booey
08-23-2011, 08:22 PM

That feel when Clady will only be 25 on opening day

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i403/dperry7/1313537556923.gif

Feels like he's been in the league a while already.

KipCorrington25
08-23-2011, 08:32 PM

It's the McDaniels' Effect.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-23-2011, 09:01 PM
Are you talking about Beadles or Franklin?

When Beadles came out he was pegged as an OG. Something about arm-span among other things.

If Franklin, I don't see him as a guard this season - unless his pass protection is atrocious

Franklin.

I don't see him as a guard ever. Unless for some reason he stinks up the joint at RT. He was drafted to play RT, will be given every opportunity to do so, and will be an enormous disappointment if he gets moved to guard.

Mogulseeker
08-23-2011, 09:04 PM

If he's talking about Beadles, it makes sense.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-23-2011, 09:09 PM
OMFG

enjolras
08-23-2011, 09:16 PM
There were numerous scouting reports that projected Franklin as a solid guard, and you can definitely see it. The thought of him as a power-blocking guard in the run game is something to salivate at.

I think the FO was ready to go with him at guard (over Beadles) when they made the move to resign Harris.

Either way, I think he's going to be a real good player for this team at either position.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-23-2011, 09:23 PM
If Franklin gets moved to guard it will be because he failed at right tackle.

enjolras
08-23-2011, 09:24 PM
If Franklin gets moved to guard it will be because he failed at right tackle.

On this team as presently constructed? I'd completely agree.

Hamrob
08-23-2011, 09:26 PM

Tebow has worse mechanics than a 12 year old.I'd like to see a 12yr old have his type of college career, or play like he did last year, or go 7-9 for 101yds this preseason.

But, but...nice burn dude!

Hamrob
08-23-2011, 09:27 PM
Franklin is a big nasty beast....what's not to like?

Dr. Broncenstein
08-23-2011, 09:50 PM
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dMUvftabP4A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Br0nc0Buster
08-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Franklin is a mauler in the run game, and that is awesome to see

Hopefully practice against Doom and Miller helps him get his technique down against the speedier rushers

but yeah Im liking this guy a lot already as well as the rest of the '11 draft class

Broncobiv
08-23-2011, 10:10 PM

It doesn't matter! When it's game time, he comes to play! Tebow elevates his play when it's a real game...it does not matter what he look like in practice! Tebow is a WINNER, and "mechanics" during "practice" don't matter a damn bit! TEBOW WINS!

The scary thing? I actually believe what I just typed (until proven otherwise).

Dr. Broncenstein
08-23-2011, 10:14 PM
It doesn't matter! When it's game time, he comes to play! Tebow elevates his play when it's a real game...it does not matter what he look like in practice! Tebow is a WINNER, and "mechanics" during "practice" don't matter a damn bit! TEBOW WINS!

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/18KQ2pBdd_Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What impeccable mechanics might look like.

Broncobiv
08-23-2011, 10:15 PM
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dMUvftabP4A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just watched this video about 15 times, checking each player directly involved in the run.

I'll just say...it's a good thing Kuper pulled straight right to help double-team with Franklin against Dareus (#99). That hole was in NO way paved by Franklin alone! Not saying that I don't love Franklin so far...but let's not get ahead of ourselves. :)

Broncobiv
08-23-2011, 10:18 PM

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/18KQ2pBdd_Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LOL :notworthy

enjolras
08-23-2011, 10:20 PM
I love how you people conveniently ignore that Tebow was sacked in nearly identical fashion later in the game.

baja
08-23-2011, 10:25 PM
I love how you people conveniently ignore that Tebow was sacked in nearly identical fashion later in the game.

I would quit too if my players wanted Orton to play over Tebow.. the NFL is like a bizarro world.. Tebow plays meaningless minutes forced to take sacks in the pocket.. and Orton plays meaningful minutes throwing screens and handing the ball off to running backs..

rmsanger
08-23-2011, 10:31 PM
Why does every thread have to go down the Tebow path? Still don't understand the hype, frankly I'm more interested in seeing Demaryus come back...

Dr. Broncenstein
08-23-2011, 10:46 PM

Except for that part where Orton had decent blocking and was arm tackled by a guy who was being effectively blocked. Other than that it was nearly identical.

enjolras
08-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Except for that part where Orton had decent blocking and was arm tackled by a guy who was being effectively blocked. Other than that it was nearly identical.

He stepped up in the pocket and the defender collapsed on him... Tebow stepped up in the pocket and the defender collapsed on him.

They really are nearly identical plays.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-23-2011, 11:09 PM
He stepped up in the pocket and the defender collapsed on him... Tebow stepped up in the pocket and the defender collapsed on him.

They really are nearly identical plays.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EJkveKNtZx4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

One guy was arm tackled by an effectively blocked lineman. The other was tackled by two linemen, starting with an unblocked defensive end draped across his back. But other than that, there was no difference.

Broncobiv
08-23-2011, 11:31 PM
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EJkveKNtZx4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

One guy was arm tackled by an effectively blocked lineman. The other was tackled by two linemen, starting with an unblocked defensive end draped across his back. But other than that, there was no difference.

LOL Dr. B is killing it in this thread!

Orton tacklizes himself while Tebow is brought down in part by a DL draped over his back. Yeah...that's the same thing!

Quoydogs
08-23-2011, 11:47 PM

I think Orton should be credited with his own sack.

Mogulseeker
08-24-2011, 12:39 AM

Watch that video again... notice how Walton was getting owned.

Mogulseeker
08-24-2011, 12:41 AM

Tebow's sack was clearly a better shot from the defensive player, but at the same time, oin the two videos being used here, Tebow actually had better blocking.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-24-2011, 12:52 AM
Holy balls.

MagicHef
08-24-2011, 01:14 AM
Tebow's sack was clearly a better shot from the defensive player, but at the same time, oin the two videos being used here, Tebow actually had better blocking.

Orton has a full second more than Tebow, and is only touched because he ran into a defender rather than moving to his left away from all the defenders. The idea that Tebow had better blocking is completely ridiculous.

Lolad
08-24-2011, 05:05 AM

Tebow was trying to step up and let the rush pass him. Orton just fell fetal once he was breathed on. "Must have been Jesus"

TheReverend
08-24-2011, 05:57 AM
Watch that video again... notice how Walton was getting owned.

Coming from a Walton hater: ....what?

Tebow was trying to step up and let the rush pass him. Orton just fell fetal once he was breathed on. "Must have been Jesus"

:spit:

Haha!

Mind if I use this?

Every self sack I'm gonna say was by Jesus.

Kaylore
08-24-2011, 06:19 AM
I liked this part:

Our offensive line coach is racist!

Lolad
08-24-2011, 12:00 PM
Coming from a Walton hater: ....what?

:spit:

Haha!

Mind if I use this?

Every self sack I'm gonna say was by Jesus.

sure :thanku:

PRBronco
08-24-2011, 12:05 PM

Man I love watching Ryan Clady play.

Lestat
08-24-2011, 12:06 PM
if Franklin can stick at RT and excel that would be huge for the success of the OL going forward. rarely does a team get to have two anchors for the OL to protect either blindside.

bendog
08-24-2011, 12:56 PM
if Franklin can stick at RT and excel that would be huge for the success of the OL going forward. rarely does a team get to have two anchors for the OL to protect either blindside.

you hater. Tim doesn't have a blind side.

Requiem
08-24-2011, 12:58 PM
http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Recruit/213/6_62311.jpg

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/22/229147.jpg

http://caneshooter.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/cstrblog0818101.jpg

Dedhed
08-24-2011, 01:14 PM

And yet he still manages to be more effective than the incumbent, lame duck, when given the starting job as a rookie.

If you call 25pts/game "starting from scratch", I'll take my chances starting from scratch.