PDA

View Full Version : Who'll be the best Broncos player this season?

Houshyamama
08-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Which of these will be the best Broncos player this season?

peacepipe
08-23-2011, 02:50 PM
???

Dr. Broncenstein
08-23-2011, 02:51 PM
this one

Powderaddict
08-23-2011, 02:53 PM
Lloyd, Clady, Bailey, Miller, Dumervil

razorwire77
08-23-2011, 02:56 PM
1.) Doom
2.) Champ
3.) Clady
4.) Miller
5.) lloyd

Powderaddict
08-23-2011, 02:57 PM
Where is Prater on this list?

Houshyamama
08-23-2011, 03:00 PM
Where is Prater on this list?

I kicked him off

bowtown
Paxton as always.

Powderaddict
I kicked him off

I'd ask you to return him, but the NFL doesn't like those.

serious hops
08-23-2011, 03:04 PM
No reason to think it would be anyone besides either Champ or Doom, unless Clady's back to his '08 form.

OBF1
08-23-2011, 03:06 PM
Casey (Conklin) you are an idiot.... but I still like you :)

Swedish Extrovert
08-23-2011, 03:07 PM
With the reinstitution of the ZBS, I picked Clady.

Quoydogs
08-23-2011, 03:09 PM
Who the hell pick Orton ? Really Hilarious!

Conklin
08-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Casey (Conklin) you are an idiot.... but I still like you :)

Hey, I'm a believer, he'll make the most of it. He started last year off as well as anyone in the entire league...lets see what he can do with another year of motivation.

Paul Finebaum PWNS!
08-23-2011, 03:15 PM
Lloyd was the NFL All-Pro last year and he hasn't skipped a beat, red hot in the preseason. He's the man right now.

Houshyamama
08-23-2011, 03:25 PM
Lloyd was the NFL All-Pro last year and he hasn't skipped a beat, red hot in the preseason. He's the man right now.

One of the most underrated Broncos in a long time if you ask me.

BroncoMan4ever
08-23-2011, 03:55 PM
where is the matt prater option? why is green listed instead of Thomas?

anyone else think this team needs to get to work on a new deal for Lloyd before he plays himself out of their price range for him?

and best player is hard to say. because overall the teams best player would be either Champ or Clady, but the player that is most needed to have a good season is Doom. we all saw last year how terrible the D was without Doom. i'm not saying his presence would have turned our D from bottom feeder to elite, but he would have helped the team not be dead last in every defensive catergory.

BroncoMan4ever
08-23-2011, 04:01 PM

i picked Orton. he threw for a **** load of yards, a decent amount of TDs a low INT rate the past 2 years for a team that had no other offensive threats aside from his leading of the passing game. his protection has been bad, he has had no running game to lean on. i am excited to see what he can do when he has a running game that takes heat off of him and is actually a presence in the red zone and a line that can keep his jersey clean.

broncolife
08-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Rahim and Prater

Houshyamama
08-23-2011, 04:18 PM

anyone else think this team needs to get to work on a new deal for Lloyd before he plays himself out of their price range for him?

and best player is hard to say. because overall the teams best player would be either Champ or Clady, but the player that is most needed to have a good season is Doom. we all saw last year how terrible the D was without Doom. i'm not saying his presence would have turned our D from bottom feeder to elite, but he would have helped the team not be dead last in every defensive catergory.

You're the second person to ask this. I'll assume you were both joking.

Quoydogs
08-23-2011, 04:22 PM
i picked Orton. he threw for a **** load of yards, a decent amount of TDs a low INT rate the past 2 years for a team that had no other offensive threats aside from his leading of the passing game. his protection has been bad, he has had no running game to lean on. i am excited to see what he can do when he has a running game that takes heat off of him and is actually a presence in the red zone and a line that can keep his jersey clean.

His protection is just fine. He holds the ball to long and then goes fetal. Who cares about yard hell you could have 800,000 yard and still get L's No way in hell he gets best player award. Doom, Clady or Champ.

Rain Man
08-23-2011, 04:25 PM
If I can ask a quick question, do the Broncos have any players this year who are emerging as a surprise starter? Just curious.

BroncoMan4ever
08-23-2011, 04:25 PM
You're the second person to ask this. I'll assume you were both joking.

well if the red zone problems haven't been fixed as much as we all think, we are going to settle for a **** ton of field goals again, and add in the field position game that we should win now that Prater can basically just put the ball in the stands on kickoffs instead of worrying about preventing long returns, his game might be one of the most valuable to the team

Houshyamama
08-23-2011, 04:28 PM
well if the red zone problems haven't been fixed as much as we all think, we are going to settle for a **** ton of field goals again, and add in the field position game that we should win now that Prater can basically just put the ball in the stands on kickoffs instead of worrying about preventing long returns, his game might be one of the most valuable to the team

I get your point, but he's the kicker. If the kicker is the most valuable football player for the Denver Broncos this season I'll eat my own brain with a fork.

BroncoMan4ever
08-23-2011, 04:29 PM
His protection is just fine. He holds the ball to long and then goes fetal. Who cares about yard hell you could have 800,000 yard and still get L's No way in hell he gets best player award. Doom, Clady or Champ.

did you watch games the last 2 seasons. our OL has been a siev.

and like i said best player is hard to say. most talented it is Champ, Doom and Clady without question, but the ones who have the most bearing on whether or not this team improves or still sucks are Orton and Doom.

Houshyamama
08-23-2011, 04:30 PM

I had no idea what you were talking about until I read back over the list. I meant to put in Thomas but I copy/pasted the wrong name in from the roster. My B.

BroncoMan4ever
08-23-2011, 04:32 PM
I get your point, but he's the kicker. If the kicker is the most valuable football player for the Denver Broncos this season I'll eat my own brain with a fork.

i agree completely. if all season all Prater did was kick extra points and kickoffs and he never needs to attempt a FG i would be ecstatic. but the option should still remain in case it does indeed prove to be warranted

BroncoMan4ever
08-23-2011, 04:33 PM
I had no idea what you were talking about until I read back over the list. I meant to put in Thomas but I copy/pasted the wrong name in from the roster. My B.

sad thing is. leading up to the draft i was pimping Green as a guy just waiting to bust out, and he has been good but completely and totally overshadowed by Thomas

Dos Rios
08-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Colquitt's got this locked up.

Houshyamama
08-23-2011, 04:47 PM
sad thing is. leading up to the draft i was pimping Green as a guy just waiting to bust out, and he has been good but completely and totally overshadowed by Thomas

If we were typing in Hebrew it'd be a lot easier to read your posts.

ChrisToker
08-23-2011, 04:54 PM

Britton Colquitt?

Houshyamama
08-23-2011, 04:55 PM
Britton Colquitt?

That was a joke.

ChrisToker
08-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Im going with the rook, It's Miller Time!

Dr. Broncenstein
08-23-2011, 05:41 PM
I went with the first ballot HOFer... who has plenty left in the tank and possibly something that resembles a pass rush in front of him.

srphoenix
08-23-2011, 05:46 PM
definitely dumervil, we all saw how decent of a defense we had with him 2 years ago and how awful it was without him with essentially the same players otherwise. Not only is he possibly the best pass rusher in the league but he allows von miller to become one of the top 5 best pass rushers along with him. Not only that but Champ's INT totals should go way up from the past several years. I'm soooo unbelievably pumped to have Dumervil back this year.

DivineLegion
08-23-2011, 05:49 PM
I think DJ Williams is going to surprise the hell out of everyone. All of those years SoCal was pining for him to make the Pro bowl are finally going to come to fruition.

srphoenix
08-23-2011, 05:57 PM
I think DJ Williams is going to surprise the hell out of everyone. All of those years SoCal was pining for him to make the Pro bowl are finally going to come to fruition.

agreed, I think with less pressure on him being the only guy making tackles in the front 7 he'll be allowed to take some more risks which will lead to more INT's more strip fumbles and better utilization in blitzes

extralife
08-23-2011, 06:04 PM
If I can ask a quick question, do the Broncos have any players this year who are emerging as a surprise starter? Just curious.

Cassius Vaughn

BroncoLover
08-23-2011, 06:42 PM
Best Player on Defense : Elvis D
Best Player on Offense : Ryan C

Most Improved Player on Defense : Robert A
Most Improved Player on Offense : Knowshon M

The later two will make me happy, so atleast we get something out of our 1A and 1B pick from that draft.

FireFly
08-23-2011, 06:57 PM
I think it could be Clady.

Lloyd is a possibility and obviously Doom if he's completely recovered.

Champ is good... but (don't hate me) he's not as good as he was and I think the others I mentioned should be better this year.

I think it could legitimately be Miller next year

ChrisToker
08-23-2011, 06:57 PM
I would love to regreat all the ill things i've said about them (Knowshon Moreno, Robert Ayers).

Br0nc0Buster
08-23-2011, 09:10 PM
Ill say Clady
We are gonna run some more zone, and he looks to be fully recovered from his injury last year
Ill put a healthy Clady up against any linemen in the league as far as pass blocking

I also think he is the best player on the team

Clady in 08 was a brick wall, I think we will see similar play this year

boppool
08-23-2011, 09:26 PM
LOL

Orton: 2 votes
Tebow: 4 votes

montrose
08-23-2011, 09:41 PM
Lloyd - the rapport he has with Orton is unreal, and if they can have any resemblence of balance in their attack - he could be downright ridiculous in the playaction game. Keep in mind he only caught 77 balls last year and still lead the league in receiving and had a ridiculous amount of catches go for 1st downs and TDs - so he doesn't need to be a "volume targeted WR".

FireFly
08-23-2011, 09:45 PM
Lloyd - the rapport he has with Orton is unreal, and if they can have any resemblence of balance in their attack - he could be downright ridiculous in the playaction game. Keep in mind he only caught 77 balls last year and still lead the league in receiving and had a ridiculous amount of catches go for 1st downs and TDs - so he doesn't need to be a "volume targeted WR".

I heard that it was the best in the league :strong::strong:

Hilarious!

ghwk
08-23-2011, 10:07 PM
You know it's just plain cool we have a list to choose from. I'm going with Von miller though because he's a rookie. I think he and Doom are really going to create problems that will give other guys opportunities to make plays.

MagicHef
08-23-2011, 10:20 PM

Trying to get inside information for your Sandbox team? I'd say Decker and Vickerson are 2 guys that will get a lot of playing time that non-Broncos fans wouldn't necessarily know.

OABB
08-23-2011, 10:25 PM
it depends if fox lets him play.

serious hops
08-23-2011, 10:41 PM
it depends if fox lets him play.

Yea, Syd Thompson is pretty badass.

:strong:

KevinJames
08-24-2011, 12:06 AM
1. Doom
2. Lloyd
3. Moreno
4. Orton
5. Champ

LonghornBronco
08-24-2011, 04:45 AM
I picked Doom, but Rahim Moore will suprise some people!