PDA

View Full Version : Are there any quotes from former QB's on Tebow, especially former Niners QB's?

Kaylore
08-22-2011, 09:33 PM
I'm just curious if anyone else has mentioned his potential. Like a Jeff Garcia or a Joe Montana, for example...

Anyone heard anything?

SoCalBronco
08-22-2011, 09:34 PM
lol

RhymesayersDU
08-22-2011, 09:37 PM
Jeff Garcia said "if it looks like a rat and smells like a rat, by golly, it is a rat."

rbackfactory80
08-22-2011, 09:41 PM
I heard Montana said Elway was scared that Tebow would break all his records in Denver within the first 3 years.

DBroncos4life
08-22-2011, 09:45 PM
I heard from the light rail that Alex Smith said Urban Myer didn't prepare him for the NFL either.

HAT
08-22-2011, 10:19 PM
Shaun Hill thinks he's the bees knees.

Hamrob
08-22-2011, 10:23 PM
Elway:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a34117/article/elway-likes-tebows-situation-says-broncos-will-use-qb-wisely

HAT
08-22-2011, 10:27 PM
Elway:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a34117/article/elway-likes-tebows-situation-says-broncos-will-use-qb-wisely

Can somebody (Read: Everybody) just paste this ad naseum into every MacGauno post?

"I think the good thing for Tim is all the pressure's not on him to go in and play right away and play well," said Elway, who led the Broncos to two Super Bowl victories. "So it's actually a good situation for him."

Dagmar
08-22-2011, 10:34 PM
Jim Druckenmiller says he's our QBOTF.

Vegas_Bronco
08-22-2011, 10:42 PM
Steve Spurrier said he was a beneficiary of floridas great program that he put in place and tim should give steve more bingo bango bongo.

SoCalBronco
08-22-2011, 10:46 PM
I definitely would believe this 49ers QB.

http://imgs.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2006/04/26/sp_49ersdorsey176.jpg

Stud.

That's my boy.

DBroncos4life
08-22-2011, 10:50 PM

Stud.

That's my boy.

Ken Dorsey

Pick Six
08-22-2011, 10:54 PM
Joe Montana told me, on the light rail, that he has no more credibility left since he played for Kansas City...:kcbard:

Mogulseeker
08-22-2011, 11:05 PM
I heard Montana said Elway was scared that Tebow would break all his records in Denver within the first 3 years.

He'd have to pass for like 20,000 yards a year to do that. Only two players (Dan Marino 1984, Drew Brees 2008) have ever passed for more than 5,000 yards in a season.

DBroncos4life
08-22-2011, 11:07 PM
He'd have to pass for like 20,000 yards a year to do that. Only two players (Dan Marino 1984, Drew Brees 2008) have ever passed for more than 5,000 yards in a season.

If BB had Tebow he would figure out away to do it. I read on here that he turned Mallet into a NFL god just think what he could do with Tebow.

MacGruder
08-22-2011, 11:11 PM
John Elway said Orton is going to revolutionize the NFL with his fetaling.

John Elway just called Orton's Fetaling "Greatness we are watching"
He basically all but guaranteed Orton's Fetaling will be great, win a lot of games, and will change the position as we know it. When asked about Orton's Fetaling his first response was "Orton''s Fetaling is greatness" and if someone builds on the offense we are running with his fetaling he would be the only guy to run this "new" fetaling scheme and thus become great with his unique fetaling skill set whether he is fetaling on the ground or passing the ball out of bounds instead of fetaling.

FADERPROOF
08-23-2011, 03:34 AM
The only thing worse than all these Tebow threads, are the mock tebow threads.

Everyone should be ashamed of finding this entertaining and funny.

Ray Finkle
08-23-2011, 04:38 AM

Stud.

That's my boy.

the same guy that at one time, you swore would be a 1st rounder ;)

rbackfactory80
08-23-2011, 06:34 AM

I didn't think this thread was serious.

Beantown Bronco
08-23-2011, 07:05 AM

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C6cxNR9ML8k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kaylore
08-23-2011, 07:22 AM

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0901/hey-beetlejuice-doris-joker-funny-demotivational-poster-1231432214.jpg

HorseHead
08-23-2011, 07:36 AM
Love me some "Sgt. Hulka"....

nice...Ha!

broncosteven
08-23-2011, 02:49 PM
I'm just curious if anyone else has mentioned his potential. Like a Jeff Garcia or a Joe Montana, for example...

Anyone heard anything?

If Tebow had cement for feet and rocks for brains he could be the next Steve Bono, that way we could trade him to KFC.

theAPAOps5
08-23-2011, 02:52 PM
Jeff Garcia say he was cute and had a pretty mouth!

Dedhed
08-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Can somebody (Read: Everybody) just paste this ad naseum into every MacGauno post?

"I think the good thing for Tim is all the pressure's not on him to go in and play right away and play well," said Elway, who led the Broncos to two Super Bowl victories. "So it's actually a good situation for him."

Yes, let's all post articles from over a year ago, before Tebow proved he could handle starting, and pretend they're still relevant.

Jay3
08-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Tim Rattay said Tebow was better than Adam Weber.

MacGruder
08-23-2011, 02:56 PM
Yes, let's all post articles from over a year ago, before Tebow proved he could handle starting, and pretend they're still relevant.

You mean actual games aren't relevant and non contact scrimmages are? lol

MacGruder
08-23-2011, 02:58 PM
Tim Rattay said Tebow was better than Adam Weber.

Most the world said cam Newton was better than Tebow.. lol

We will see how that turns out..

Cam would probably be above Tebow in practice as well.. games.. not so much.. none of them would.

DBroncos4life
08-23-2011, 03:00 PM
Most the world said cam Newton was better than Tebow.. lol

We will see how that turns out..

Cam would probably be above Tebow in practice as well.. games.. not so much.. none of them would.

I won't believe it till Steve Young gives it his mark of approval.

TheReverend
08-23-2011, 03:17 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slideshows/445/slideshow_44548/display_image.jpg?x=273791

"Tebow rulez"

MacGruder
08-23-2011, 03:21 PM
I won't believe it till Steve Young gives it his mark of approval.

Nah.. I''d listen to some homer fan over Steve Young..

Or John Fox who drafted and broke-in Jimmy clausen..

Or John Elway.. who was running a used car lot before this.. and had Michael Jordan as his mentor..

Hilarious!

DBroncos4life
08-23-2011, 03:22 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slideshows/445/slideshow_44548/display_image.jpg?x=273791

"Tebow rulez"

Did he say that from a Ouija board?

Gort
08-23-2011, 03:39 PM
...not really 49er quotes, but there are some comments out there from other NFL QBs:

- Ben Roethlisberger said he'd like to rape Tebow, if Tebow were a chick instead of a dude.
- Tom Brady wanted to knock up Tebow and leave him for a supermodel, again if Tebow were a chick and not a dude.
- Peyton Manning thinks Tebow has a nice body. surprisingly, Manning is aware that Tebow is a dude.
- Michael Vick had no idea who Tebow was when questioned. he thought Tebow might be some guy on youtube who became famous fighting people in backyards, but wasn't sure.

bombay
08-23-2011, 03:54 PM
He's no Clark Evans.

24champ
08-24-2011, 02:36 PM
"If you look at what he did in college, he played in one of the toughest divisions there was . . . He had success throwing the ball. He got it away in time. I don't remember a lot of balls knocked down at the line of scrimmage . . .

"If you change the thing that really made the guy you take away from his ability to play the game, because now he's thinking about his delivery as opposed to playing the game and throwing the ball on time, and that's what it's all about.

"If you can throw it accurately and on time, I don't care what your delivery looks like. Don't change his delivery. Get his feet right, because he's never taken a snap from under center. Let's work on that part and see how the rest goes."

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...owing-motion/1

Joe Montana > Merril Hodge & Boomer.

24champ
08-24-2011, 02:43 PM
Former 49ers OC Mike Shanahan...

"I like everything about him," Shanahan said. "If you can't root for a guy like Tebow, man, you don't like your [own] kids."

"Here's a guy to me that brings everything to the table. He'll interview with 30 people, work out for everybody [and] when you're with him, he's just an off-the-chart guy," Shanahan said. "Those guys don't come around all the time. Especially with the success that he's had."

"I just think he's something that's very special," he added.

Obviously, the knock against Tebow will continue to be his mechanics and throwing accuracy. His footwork certainly isn't blowing away NFL coaches, but Shanahan says what he saw on Saturday was a noticeable improvement from what Tebow showed scouts and coaches at the Senior Bowl in January.

"I think what everybody was looking at from the Senior Bowl was where he dropped the ball below his waist," Shanahan said. "I think he's doing a great job keeping the ball up high, and I think everybody saw that at his workout."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/mike-shanahan/mike-shanahan-on-tim-tebow-hes.html

jhns
08-24-2011, 02:59 PM
Former 49ers OC Mike Shanahan...

"I like everything about him," Shanahan said. "If you can't root for a guy like Tebow, man, you don't like your [own] kids."

"Here's a guy to me that brings everything to the table. He'll interview with 30 people, work out for everybody [and] when you're with him, he's just an off-the-chart guy," Shanahan said. "Those guys don't come around all the time. Especially with the success that he's had."

"I just think he's something that's very special," he added.

Obviously, the knock against Tebow will continue to be his mechanics and throwing accuracy. His footwork certainly isn't blowing away NFL coaches, but Shanahan says what he saw on Saturday was a noticeable improvement from what Tebow showed scouts and coaches at the Senior Bowl in January.

"I think what everybody was looking at from the Senior Bowl was where he dropped the ball below his waist," Shanahan said. "I think he's doing a great job keeping the ball up high, and I think everybody saw that at his workout."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/mike-shanahan/mike-shanahan-on-tim-tebow-hes.html

I agree with Shanahan. If you don't think Tebow should start, it is proof that you don't love your kids. We should start taking down usernames and calling child protective services.

Cutler4Life
08-24-2011, 03:17 PM
“I think there’s a time to throw in the towel, and this clearly is the time,” Mr. Favre said of the Kyle Orton. “What’s weird to me is that it seems painfully obvious to everyone but him.”
Mr. Favre said that Kyle's desire to hold on at all costs “could wind up damaging people’s memory of all the good years he didn't have.”
“The spectacle of an old man hanging in there when he’s clearly lost it, well, there’s only one word for that: embarrassing,” he said. “It’s painful to watch. He needs to let that clearly more talented guy on the bench get playing time. That Tim Tebow shore is purrrty”
Mr. Favre said that he feels so strongly about this issue that he has reached out to Kyle, urging him to retire. He's also reached out to Tim Tebow, sending him photo text messages and loving messages of encouragement, like "hey ya wanna come over and go fishing. Here's a pic of one big ole trout I got here for you."
“Tim hasn’t responded to my texts,” Mr. Favre said, “but I’m used to that.”

baja
08-24-2011, 03:25 PM
Dan Fouts likes Tebow.

stopgap
08-24-2011, 05:40 PM
“I think there’s a time to throw in the towel, and this clearly is the time,” Mr. Favre said of the Kyle Orton. “What’s weird to me is that it seems painfully obvious to everyone but him.”
Mr. Favre said that Kyle's desire to hold on at all costs “could wind up damaging people’s memory of all the good years he didn't have.”
“The spectacle of an old man hanging in there when he’s clearly lost it, well, there’s only one word for that: embarrassing,” he said.

Hilarious!