PDA

View Full Version : What scenario you prefer for our Quarterbacks?

broncocalijohn
08-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Ok Maners, poll much better than what CBF1 or Baja can give us. There will be an end date before our first game so you wont be able to vote go_bronos style. Here is the question. Public poll btw.
Would you prefer:
Orton being #1 QB for whole game
Orton being #1 QB and come out once we are inside the 20 yard line
Orton being #1 QB and come out on short yard situations (3rd or 4th down) and near the goal line
Quinn being named #1 QB and playing whole game
Quinn being named #1 QB and playing part of game and come out for Tebow short yardage situations.
Tebow being #1 QB and in for all situations
Other (explain)

TheReverend
08-22-2011, 04:28 PM
Tebow whole game and if he can't hack it, bench him for Orton/Quinn.

Bar none what's best for the franchise.

ColoradoDarin
08-22-2011, 04:33 PM
Other - Broncos winning.

I prefer whoever starts to be good and win.

broncocalijohn
08-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Other - Broncos winning.

puss! Pick one and be on record. That is how we roll here at the Mane. You must be accounted for your opinion.

ColoradoDarin
08-22-2011, 04:39 PM
puss! Pick one and be on record. That is how we roll here at the Mane. You must be accounted for your opinion.

Well I already voted, but I've been pretty clear around here that I think Tebow won the job outright last year and should be the starter, so in that scenario, Tebow plays all snaps option.

DBroncos4life
08-22-2011, 04:42 PM
I wanted Tebow but now I want Quinn. Orton has no future here so we need to see if Quinn does.

Jay3
08-22-2011, 04:42 PM
Tebow all snaps. The harvest will be amazing after about 6 or 7 games.

Popps
08-22-2011, 04:43 PM
I wish Tebow could beat out Orton.

Or even Quinn.

ColoradoDarin
08-22-2011, 04:49 PM

Or even Quinn.

When was Tebow given the chance to beat out Orton? He fully outplayed him last year. He was better in the Dallas game and yet he was relegated to hand-off duty in the last few minutes of the next game.

Are we talkin' about practice?

<object width="420" height="345"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eGDBR2L5kzI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eGDBR2L5kzI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="345" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

theAPAOps5
08-22-2011, 04:56 PM
I chose other. I think nubby briefer could break off 20k in this system

Dagmar
08-22-2011, 04:56 PM
When was Tebow given the chance to beat out Orton? He fully outplayed him last year. He was better in the Dallas game and yet he was relegated to hand-off duty in the last few minutes of the next game.

I just wish Fox would give him a Q or two with the starters throwing to Lloyd.

Blueflame
08-22-2011, 05:00 PM
It's my contention that a QB controversy is bad for the team... not only on the field but in the locker room. I want the QB that the coaches think gives the Denver Broncos the best chance of winning (that's Orton, like it or not) should start and play in every offensive series of every game unless or until he's injured.

FireFly
08-22-2011, 05:03 PM
Any but Orton.

I've said it before, with Orton gone at the end of the year I think we need to see if we have a QBoTF.

Is it Quinn? Is it Tebow? idk, but I want to find out.

8-8 with Orton and then being back at square one at the end of the season is NOT appealing to me.

TheReverend
08-22-2011, 05:03 PM
AFK Bears game (announced for joke fodder)

:)

Finger Roll
08-22-2011, 05:15 PM
Quinn with Tebow playing inside the redzone. Anybody but Orton. Can't stand him

Popps
08-22-2011, 05:22 PM

<object width="420" height="345"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eGDBR2L5kzI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eGDBR2L5kzI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="345" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Hey, McDaniels is gone. Conspiracy theories should have gone with him.

It would be one thing if Tebow had beaten out Quinn, but apparently he couldn't even do that.

I'm a fan of the kid, big-time. Thus, I'm disappointed that by all coaching and media accounts... he came in less prepared than our other two QBs.

But, I'm cool with the reality that we have a few QBs that can play.... so bring on the season.

ward63
08-22-2011, 06:05 PM
Other - Broncos winning.

This...

Who ever is best out of the 3 and if its not Tebow, still utilize him at the goal line.

ward63
08-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Any but Orton.

I've said it before, with Orton gone at the end of the year I think we need to see if we have a QBoTF.

Is it Quinn? Is it Tebow? idk, but I want to find out.

8-8 with Orton and then being back at square one at the end of the season is NOT appealing to me.

This is where I'm somewhat scared. Fox LOVED Delhomme! Is Orton his know Delhomme? Orton is serviceable and we all know that, but I'm tired of average. I know I'm all for the WIN like I said and if that is Orton, then go with him. At the same time, do you want to give Orton $8-10 for 4 or 5 years? Heck NO! Elway is not that dumb! At least I hope not! Quinn and Tebow are both younger and more promising, so after reading people's opinions so far, I would have to say, that's what I want. Winning first, but if Orton isn't in the future plans. Which, I hope he's not, then we have to move forward.

NUB
08-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Tebow or Quinn, don't care which. Orton serves no long-term purpose.

frerottenextelway
08-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Orton reminds me a lot of Brian Griese. I just don't like Quinn as a man. Tebow is at least fun to watch, give me him and let the chips fall.

People won't blame Fox or Elway if he gets a chance and fails, everyone knows who brought him in. Fox and Elway sure will get blamed if he's not given a true shot on gamedays. Throw the fans a bone, we sure deserve one.

BroncoMan4ever
08-23-2011, 07:16 AM
i want to see Quinn get the nod. simply because i think his skill set is the best of the 3 and if given a real shot i think he could run with it.

jhns
08-23-2011, 07:25 AM
I voted Tebow because I watched him outplay Orton in live games. This was while he was a rookie and Orton was like a six year vet. I will be fine with any of them as long as they produce though. Orton really just needs to learn to play better in clutch situations and he would be pretty good. I don't really have an opinion on Quinn.

Kaylore
08-23-2011, 07:26 AM

Or even Quinn.

This.

TailgateNut
08-23-2011, 07:27 AM
May the best man (not according to fan sentiment and manlove) win the starting position. Substitute only in the event of injury or trick play situation.
If a QB can't earn the spot, he should pace the sidelines.

FWIW:I'm so sick of all the Tebow hype, I hope that ****er never sees the playing field at Mile High unless he's on another team. He's overated and his fanclub is delusional!

jhns
08-23-2011, 07:30 AM
May the best man (not according to fan sentiment and manlove) win the starting position. Substitute only in the event of injury or trick play situation.

FWIW:I'm so sick of all the Tebow hype, I hope that ****er never sees the playing field at Mile High unless he's on another team. He's overated and his fanclub is delusional!

The old fat guy is jealous of Tebow. How cute!

TheReverend
08-23-2011, 07:31 AM

^ Former Bronco fan police chief in action.

:wave:

TailgateNut
08-23-2011, 07:36 AM
^ Former Bronco fan police chief in action.

:wave:

Just stating my opinion. From the day we wasted draft picks to get this clown, **** has gone to hell. He has yet to prove that hee was worth what we "spent" to put him on the roster. He's busy with his endorsements, autobiography and patting himself on the back when he should be busy trying to win a starting position.

Oh well, at least he sells jerseys!

OABB
08-23-2011, 08:06 AM
Just stating my opinion. From the day we wasted draft picks to get this clown, **** has gone to hell. He has yet to prove that hee was worth what we "spent" to put him on the roster. He's busy with his endorsements, autobiography and patting himself on the back when he should be busy trying to win a starting position.

Oh well, at least he sells jerseys!

and scores more points for our team....

you didnt mention that part in your vagina song.

TailgateNut
08-23-2011, 08:10 AM
and scores more points for our team....

you didnt mention that part in your vagina song.

I doubt he'll be able to score any points at all if he can't convince anyone who's opinion counts (not Tebownites) that he's the guy to trot out when the O has the ball.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-23-2011, 08:14 AM
http://item.slide.com/r/1/008b/i/6_k-cy_g6D8VScxhs7HEi9p7pYzQYYxG/

OABB
08-23-2011, 08:33 AM
I doubt he'll be able to score any points at all if he can't convince anyone who's opinion counts (not Tebownites) that he's the guy to trot out when the O has the ball.

true. hence the anger from the pro tebow brigade.

broncocalijohn
08-23-2011, 11:32 AM
This poll shows that even those that have Orton as the #1, he still has his limitations. 24 people have him as #1 yet only 7 of those want him playing the whole game. Many of those in Tebow camp could compliment Orton "outside the 20s" yet either don't care to win by putting Tebow in the special circumstances only, see Tebow as better an all parts of the game or just hate on Orton and want him gone no matter what the chances (or lack of) we have this year. Contrary to many here, the Orton fans for #1 are not as delusional as the Tebow for #1 want to claim. Not sure what TGN had in mind for "other". Maybe an option for him would have been , "I would want our #4 Practice Team QB over Tebow".

TailgateNut
08-23-2011, 11:34 AM
This poll shows that even those that have Orton as the #1, he still has his limitations. 24 people have him as #1 yet only 7 of those want him playing the whole game. Many of those in Tebow camp could compliment Orton "outside the 20s" yet either don't care to win by putting Tebow in the special circumstances only, see Tebow as better an all parts of the game or just hate on Orton and want him gone no matter what the chances (or lack of) we have this year. Contrary to many here, the Orton fans for #1 are not as delusional as the Tebow for #1 want to claim. Not sure what TGN had in mind for "other". Maybe an option for him would have been , "I would want our #4 Practice Team QB over Tebow".

I don't think it's too complicated if you read the options verbatim.

broncocalijohn
08-23-2011, 11:39 AM
^I thought I put enough options. I didnt know if you were more Pro Orton than an Anti-Tebow.

crowebomber
08-23-2011, 11:46 AM
I'm stretching out my wrist on my b!tch slap hand for anybody who votes for quarterback by committee. When has that ever worked? Do you remember the Tommy Maddox and Shawn Moore debacle? Nobody got in a rhythm and it was just a cluster-you-know-what.

Bottom line: If Orton starts, he will have a short leash. It's not like he's Peyton Manning or someone else who earned the right to have a few bad games. If Tebow ends up watching for another year, is that the end of the world? Lots of great quarterbacks have carried a clipboard for their first two seasons. And if that were the case, it would mean Orton was being successful - fine by me. If they both suck then we draft a first round qb next year. Doesn't have to be Luck. There will be a few first round qbs that have just as much or more potential then the dudes we have now.

How did you guys suck me into this crap?

broncocalijohn
08-23-2011, 11:51 AM
^ The reason why those two came in because Elway was hurt and those two were 2A and 2B quarterbacks. Reeves didnt feel he could trust either one so he kept flip flopping them. Tebow comes in for the whole "Inside the 20, 10" or whatever scenario. Those two were not ready for a full game. Tebow might not either but putting him in during a 3rd and 2 situation could help the team get 7 instead of 3.

TailgateNut
08-23-2011, 11:52 AM
^I thought I put enough options. I didnt know if you were more Pro Orton than an Anti-Tebow.

bout equal