PDA

View Full Version : Fox names Kyle Orton the Starter for MNF against daaaaa raaaidahs

Pages : [1] 2

Boobs McGee
08-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Breaking News: At his press conference, Fox announced Orton will be the starter for our home opener. Link to follow

Edit: Link (sorry taco, i can remove if need be) http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18733153?source=rss

The #2 QB hasn't been decided yet

Dagmar
08-22-2011, 12:06 PM
Stupid Orto!

But seriously, I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Boobs McGee
haha you're quick my friend! couldn't edit fast enough

DBroncos4life
Quinn can't get a break.

crush17
08-22-2011, 12:07 PM
Lets go #8!

OABB
08-22-2011, 12:07 PM
adding Prater to my fantasy team now.

Boobs McGee
08-22-2011, 12:09 PM

hahaha ^5

Rabb
08-22-2011, 12:09 PM
Lets go #8!

+1

it's nice to just support the team and the players chosen, isn't it?

Dr. Broncenstein
08-22-2011, 12:10 PM
Red zone futility, thy name is Orton.

TheDave
08-22-2011, 12:11 PM
Might as well get it over with...

DBroncos4life
08-22-2011, 12:12 PM

Extra points worth more in your league? You might want to ad McGahee instead.

Boobs McGee
+1

it's nice to just support the team and the players chosen, isn't it?

This, definitely. AND, this announcement just makes me even more excited for the fact that FOOTBALL IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN!!!!! **** the raiders! At home! Monday Night! Opener! ITS ALMOST TIME FOLKS!!!!!

Beantown Bronco
:lombardi:

55CrushEm
08-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Is it normal for teams to announce a starter for a game, 3 weeks before the game ??

BigPlayShay
08-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Go Broncos!

OABB
Extra points worth more in your league? You might want to ad McGahee instead.

boo.

Dr. Broncenstein
I wonder how long it will take Fox to realize that Tebow needs to play in the red zone. Even McDaniels figured that one out.

DBroncos4life
08-22-2011, 12:18 PM
boo.

Sorry that Broncos scoring TDs doesn't excite you.

OABB
08-22-2011, 12:20 PM
Sorry that Broncos scoring TDs doesn't excite you.

It does...unfortunately it doesn't matter to fox.

Tombstone RJ
08-22-2011, 12:21 PM
no suprise here... hopefully Orton doesn't crap the bed like he did last year when the Broncos hosted the faiders at home...

DBroncos4life
08-22-2011, 12:22 PM
It does...unfortunately it doesn't matter to fox.

**** he cut McGahee then?

SonOfLe-loLang
08-22-2011, 12:22 PM
I wonder how long it will take Fox to realize that Tebow needs to play in the red zone. Even McDaniels figured that one out.

Well, goal line. I'll be pretty annoyed if he's not used at the goal line regularly considering it didn't fail even once last year. Football coaches so rarely think outside the box though

Gort
08-22-2011, 12:23 PM
i'm guessing that on hearing this news, the bookmakers in Vegas just increased the odds against the Broncos winning the AFC West this year.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-22-2011, 12:25 PM
wasnt this obvious by the way?

Archer81
08-22-2011, 12:29 PM
<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kHvm_VEZ2NI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:Broncos:

TheReverend
08-22-2011, 12:35 PM
Also breaking news:

Fox already has one foot out the door

TheReverend
08-22-2011, 12:36 PM
This sure was a "QB competition" wasn't it?

brb rolling eyes

TonyR
08-22-2011, 12:36 PM

Hopefully he's already figured it out. It wouldn't make sense not to utilize him regularly deep in the red zone.

bendog
08-22-2011, 12:37 PM

brb rolling eyes

That's what happens when one of the guys shows up unprepared to compete

Jay3
08-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Is it normal for teams to announce a starter for a game, 3 weeks before the game ??

Pretty normal. The third preseason game is a tune-up where the starters play a lot to get the kinks worked out. So I think it must have seemed like time to announce so the playing time on Preseason Game 3 will make more sense.

Game 3 is not a "let's take a look at who we got" game. It's the tune up for the starters.

Game 4 is for taking a look at the scrubs to make final cuts.

Archer81
08-22-2011, 12:38 PM
I feel a distinct sense of distaste. This is going to be a long season. Mentally I understand why Orton is the starter. Emotionally he does not inspire confidence. At all. But hey, he looks great at 7 on 7's.

rock
08-22-2011, 12:38 PM

Or when you're a practice superstar.

OABB
08-22-2011, 12:39 PM
I've petitioned the league to shorten the field to 80 yards this year. hopefully it works.

gunns
08-22-2011, 12:40 PM
I feel a distinct sense of distaste. This is going to be a long season. Mentally I understand why Orton is the starter. Emotionally he does not inspire confidence. At all. But hey, he looks great at 7 on 7's.

Is there one that does inspire confidence?

gunns
08-22-2011, 12:41 PM
I've petitioned the league to shorten the field to 80 yards this year. hopefully it works.

Good thing it isn't Tebow then, it'd have to be shortened to 5-10 yards.

TonyR
08-22-2011, 12:41 PM
John Fox may have surprised Broncos fans by ending QB controversy by naming Orton as opening day starter. In camp, it was never in question.

Crypt Keeper via twitter................ http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=ClaytonESPN

OABB
08-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Good thing it isn't Tebow then, it'd have to be shortened to 5-10 yards.

you mean the guy that led our team to more points? I think you may be confused.

strafen
08-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Britt Colquitt has the NFL punting lead already locked up...
He'll be talked in the same breath as the greatest punters in NFL history; Sean Landetta, Ray Guy, Mike Horan, etc...

Dr. Broncenstein
08-22-2011, 12:43 PM
Hopefully he's already figured it out. It wouldn't make sense not to utilize him regularly deep in the red zone.

I would be completely surprised if Fox utilizes Tebow at all. He is nearly impossible to defend in the redzone, there is video proof of it working to great success last year, and it would totally make sense. Kind of like the idea of drafting a DT or signing a DT. So by my calculation, Tebow will never see the field this year. Also, I'm totally buying stock in Suck4Luck at this point.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
#ohmygodeverybodytotallyfreakoutnowaboutnewswe'vek nownaboutforweeks

Rabb
Or when you're a practice superstar.

while I agree with you, Tebow can only blame himself on this one

if he wanted the job, he had to make some improvements and go out and take it...and part of taking it means he has to be sharp in practice

I wanted to see what TT brought to the table as much as anyone else, but you cannot start a guy just because you think he might play better than he practices, especially being a new coach

I very truly believe it was Tebow's job to lose, and he lost it

bendog
08-22-2011, 12:44 PM
It is depressing. I've gone from 60% thinking Tebow can become a qb to flipping 40-60% in the doubter camp. I wish I had some idea of why he didn't work on his game.

Tombstone RJ
08-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Like I said in another post, I fully expected Orton to begin the season as the Broncos starting QB, but I seriously doubt he ends the season as the starting QB. He's only going to remain the starting QB if the Broncos are consistently winning and in the hunt for the playoffs. Now, there's reason to think the Broncos can do this with Orton and a good running game (and an average defense) but in the close games, when that one play is needed, yah, Orton is gonna break your heart.

I have a feeling the Broncos are going to be in some very close games this coming season...

Archer81
08-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Is there one that does inspire confidence?

Tebow, Quinn, Orton. In that order.

You cannot logically tell me Orton gives us the best chance to win when games like Arizona or the 2nd KC game happened. Games where he had to make something happen, and he couldnt do it. Or getting sacked by nobody, stumbling backpeddling...we have the most unathletic starting QB in football.

How would that inspire confidence? Because he looked good in a preseason game against Buffalo?

Rigs11
08-22-2011, 12:51 PM
Now that he has officially been named the starter,can you guys give it a rest? Support the team!

Beantown Bronco
08-22-2011, 12:51 PM

You cannot logically tell me Orton gives us the best chance to win when games like Arizona or the 2nd KC game happened. Games where he had to make something happen, and he couldnt do it. Or getting sacked by nobody, stumbling backpeddling...we have the most unathletic starting QB in football.

How would that inspire confidence? Because he looked good in a preseason game against Buffalo?

What exactly has Quinn done in the regular season to inspire MORE confidence than Orton? Oh yeah, his two best games both came at the expense of the #32 ranked defenses at the time he faced them. Anything other than that?

theAPAOps5
08-22-2011, 12:52 PM
Oh man I have a feeling for some......

http://students.ou.edu/T/Bruce.S.Townsend-1/End-is-near-785574.jpg

Los Broncos
08-22-2011, 12:53 PM
Orton to Lloyd is going to be exciting this season, hopefuly we have a good running game.

Lets go Orton, show us why your best man for the job.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-22-2011, 12:54 PM
Now that he has officially been named the starter,can you guys give it a rest? Support the team!

F--k the fan police. You'll never catch me, coppers.

Pony Boy
08-22-2011, 12:56 PM
I bet MNF would like to change that game pick ..........

TonyR
...I'm totally buying stock in Suck4Luck at this point.

We may suck, but we won't suck nearly enough for Luck.

BMF Bronco
Fuggit, what's done is done, time to cheer for the Broncos and await Tebow or QUinn in week 9 this year.

orange 4 life
i'm guessing that on hearing this news, the bookmakers in Vegas just increased the odds against the Broncos winning the AFC West this year.

You guys are functionally retarded.

Now I remember why I didn't log on this board for over a year.

Anyone that actually believes Tebow gives us a better chance to win doesn't understand the game.
Anyone that blames Orton for last years red zone woes probably has trouble tying their own shoes.

This is not rocket science people. I know some of you non local fans (and even a few natives with their heads up their rears) are stuck in fantasy land but the bottom line is EVERYONE within the organization realizes that Orton is EXPONENTIALLY better than Tebow and all any fan needs to do is open his (or her) eyes and it's pretty easy to see the same thing.

You people freaking amaze me. I'm quite sure the same people were bashing Plummer (and how did that work out for ya?) five years ago and what's worse if Tebow ever does get his chance (not likely and even less likely as a Bronco) you'll try and boo him out of town within two years.

Quit your bitching, realize we have a potential pro bowler under center, and support the guys actually ON the field.
Un-freaking-believable I'm typing almost identical posts to those of five years ago and no one learned from that experience.
Lemme guess, you wanted Van Pelt to start too right? Wow.

TheReverend
08-22-2011, 12:58 PM
We may suck, but we won't suck nearly enough for Luck.

lol we'll see

And Fox should update his resume.

They might be bragging about synergy and their working relationship now, but let's not forget these are the SAME guys that said the SAME thing this time last year, and then sold McD down the river for their own job security in a heartbeat.

They won't hesitate to do it again.

broncofan2438
08-22-2011, 12:58 PM
DUH, SHOULD WE EXPECT ANY DIFFERENT?

OABB
08-22-2011, 12:59 PM

Anyone that actually believes Tebow gives us a better chance to win doesn't understand the game.
Anyone that blames Orton for last years red zone woes probably has trouble tying their own shoes.

This is not rocket science people. I know some of you non local fans (and even a few natives with their heads up their rears) are stuck in fantasy land but the bottom line is EVERYONE within the organization realizes that Orton is EXPONENTIALLY better than Tebow and all any fan needs to do is open his (or her) eyes and it's pretty easy to see the same thing.

You people freaking amaze me. I'm quite sure the same people were bashing Plummer (and how did that work out for ya?) five years ago and what's worse if Tebow ever does get his chance (not likely and even less likely as a Bronco) you'll try and boo him out of town within two years.

Quit your b****ing, realize we have a potential pro bowler under center, and support the guys actually ON the field.
Un-freaking-believable I'm typing almost identical posts to those of five years ago and no one learned from that experience.

agreed. Who needs to score points anyhow?

orange 4 life
P.S.- Tebow is MUCH more of a risk to get sacked.

"Orton gets sacked again?"
Really?

You must not watch many games. You see Orton can actually read a blitz and get rid of the ball.
That may be why he RARELY gets sacked even on a team that (prior to this season anyway) has had a questionable offensive line and ZERO running game.

But go on rain men. Blame Orton as you blamed Plummer. It's easy. Don't let logic get in your way.

Archer81
What exactly has Quinn done in the regular season to inspire MORE confidence than Orton? Oh yeah, his two best games both came at the expense of the #32 ranked defenses at the time he faced them. Anything other than that?

Probably because Quinn does not trip over blades of grass when he scrambles...or can walk without stumbling.

It's the little things.

You can be happy with Orton as starter. I'm not. By the way, this is not an I hatez the Ortonz so much becuz we haz Teboz emotional rant. We have seen the limits of what Orton can do. Its not going to be good enough. I'm sorry if that offends people but its a truth. We have a QB that needs everything to be perfect to be successful, and we clearly are far from being a perfect team.

I also recognize that he will start for my favorite team, so I will root for him, but will not shed a single tear when he leaves.

Gort
08-22-2011, 01:00 PM

i don't buy this. who says he didn't work on his game during the offseason? it's quickly becoming conventional wisdom that somehow Tebow is to blame because he wouldn't work during the offseason to become the #1 QB. the same few people keep posting this and repeating it and it's BS. remember that poster last year who floated the rumor that Hillis was too dumb to play in McD's offense? there was never any proof of that, but the fact that it was repeated often enough, some people believed it. there was a propagandist who once said, tell a big enough lie, often enough, and eventually people will believe it. i don't believe for a minute that Tebow didn't work on his game during the offseason. if he didn't win the job its because he's a 2nd year player going up against a 7th year and a 5th year player. how many QBs come out of college ready for the pro game by year 2? if Orton and Quin beat him out, then fine. but let's not indulge the smears that somehow Tebow is to blame for that. he is what he is... young and not yet meeting a veteran head coach's expectation on what a starting NFL QB should be able to do.

bendog
08-22-2011, 01:00 PM

And to think, Fox and Elway both conclude Tebow's worse trying to run plays to design. Man, that's not good.

OABB
08-22-2011, 01:01 PM

Really?

You must not watch many games. You see Orton can actually read a blitz and get rid of the ball.
That may be why he RARELY gets sacked even on a team that (prior to this season anyway) has had a questionable offensive line and ZERO running game.

But go on rain men. Blame Orton as you blamed Plummer. It's easy. Don't let logic get in your way.

bolded for awesome out of touch with realityness.

Mountain Bronco
If Kyle Orton is the starting QB I hope he plays well and we win with him BOTTOM LINE even if I am not sold on the long term with Orton. Broncos Fan first and foremost.

TheReverend

Dude has a boner for terrible QBs and epic meltdowns over them

TheReverend
08-22-2011, 01:02 PM
If Kyle Orton is the starting QB I hope he plays well and we win with him BOTTOM LINE even if I am not sold on the long term with Orton. Broncos Fan first and foremost.

Well no ****, genius.

No one's hoping we tank.

TonyR
08-22-2011, 01:02 PM

I have a feeling if/when the Broncos are forced to start Tebow in a "meaningful game" some of you are going to realize why he got beat out by Orton. The history of the league is littered with guys who were late/partial season wonders but who failed miserably when put on the main stage full time. Many of you are putting way too much stock into what Tebow did in those 3 meaningless games last year. I think it's safe to assume the coaches and Elway know better than we do. Remember, McD didn't start Tebow until he was practically forced to, either. And he drafted him. In the first round.

yerner
08-22-2011, 01:03 PM
It's odd you guys can get this emotional about any of these scrubs.

Gort
08-22-2011, 01:03 PM

Really?

Orton is "dead man walking" in the pocket. he couldn't scramble his way out of a paper bag. if you don't see that as a deficiency in his game, then i must ask you... really?

Tombstone RJ
08-22-2011, 01:04 PM

Quit your b****ing, realize we have a potential pro bowler under center, and support the guys actually ON the field.

I think it's because we know what Orton brings to the table--questionable leadership, uninspiring play, questionable accuracy, no mobility, no ability to improvise, etc.

Sure, he could all of a sudden change into an elite QB with a good running game, but I wouldn't bet on it. Perhaps with an all-pro defense like the one that the 2000 ratbirds had he'd lead the team into the playoffs, but I wouldn't count on it.

Lestat
08-22-2011, 01:05 PM
now comes the real test. the regular season will have ups and downs for the franchise.
the fans are clamoring for Tebow, he's obviously(in practice and footwork wise) not ready.
16 games is a long time to decide on the next season.
if Orton does really well then do you let him walk for nothing? if he doesn't do well do you put in Tebow or Quinn?

between the defense and the QB depth chart this season is gonna be interesting.

TheReverend
08-22-2011, 01:08 PM
I have a feeling if/when the Broncos are forced to start Tebow in a "meaningful game" some of you are going to realize why he got beat out by Orton. The history of the league is littered with guys who were late/partial season wonders but who failed miserably when put on the main stage full time. Many of you are putting way too much stock into what Tebow did in those 3 meaningless games last year. I think it's safe to assume the coaches and Elway know better than we do. Remember, McD didn't start Tebow until he was practically forced to, either. And he drafted him. In the first round.

So be it.

But there are still serious issues that should be addressed:

1. We were "hours away from trading Orton" several times. Then when he literally walks through the door at camp he becomes the #1 without throwing a pass. We all assumed at the time it was to put on a show for Miami, but wtf is going on there?

2. More FO manipulation of it's own fans right from their 2009 Jay Cutler textbook. "Tebow's not ready". "Tebow's too raw". "Tebow's a good football player but a poor QB". Then you take the developmental prospect and give him a few handoffs to close out a preseason game? GTFO. And then they try to sell it as nothing but rotating him and Quinn... Well, why did Quinn get the majority of PT the week before too? And I thought this was a QB competition? 6/7 with NO protection whatsoever where the incumbent goes 2/6 and one of them gets demoted... just not the one you'd expect.

Where's the "transparency" they billed so highly this off-season?

Where's the honesty?

You wanna be a closed door organization, that's fine by me, but don't wave this bull**** flag of "winning back our fans" and "transparency" around when all they've done is the opposite.

Gort
08-22-2011, 01:08 PM
This is not rocket science people. I know some of you non local fans (and even a few natives with their heads up their rears) are stuck in fantasy land but the bottom line is EVERYONE within the organization realizes that Orton is EXPONENTIALLY better than Tebow and all any fan needs to do is open his (or her) eyes and it's pretty easy to see the same thing..

so? Orton > Tebow doesn't necessarily translate to a winning record.

Archer81
08-22-2011, 01:11 PM

I would rather have a young QB go out and make mistakes and screw up early then do it in years 4, 5 and 6. With Tebow I already have the expectation that he will need work and will make mistakes and bad throws.

Which is odd to me. Young QB's make dumb mistakes. Only with tebow is it somehow indicitive that he cannot play the position. How the **** are we going to know if he can't play QB if he never plays?

Mountain Bronco
08-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Well no ****, genius.

No one's hoping we tank.

I don't agree, I think a large portion of this board would like to see us Tank w/orton or w/tebow (based on the camp they are in) in order show their football knowledge is superior and they saw this coming, yada yada yada, typical OM BS.

strafen
08-22-2011, 01:13 PM
I bet MNF would like to change that game pick ..........

It's clear at this point, they (ESPN) scheduled MNF game with the anticipation Tebow would have been named the Broncos starter.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-22-2011, 01:14 PM

Really?

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/18KQ2pBdd_Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pony Boy
08-22-2011, 01:15 PM
Eight is not Enough

OABB
08-22-2011, 01:16 PM
I'm canceling my sunday ticket, I refuse to pay to watch missed third down conversions and self sacks on every important ****ing drive in the game. ****, even though Cutler blew it to, at least there was a glimmer of hope that he's one day reach his potential. **** this.

I'm melting down. I wasted 7 ****ing months holding on through a coaching change, a ****ing lockout soap opera and a possible wonderfull world of Borton destroying Miami only to come back to this? fox is going to hand the ****ing keys back to borton?

that's like when my ****ing mother finally dumped her stupid ****ing drunken husband and when I came over to celebrate the joyous occasion that she finally saw through the ****ing bastard, she told me they were getting back together. I wanted to ****ing murder a hobo.

and now this? **** you Elway, **** you Fox and **** you Orton for demanding to get paid more than you ****ing deserve to play knuckleball on third and short and destroying the Miami deal. you suck ass incompetent ****face.

FUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKKK!

okay..I feel a little better now.

Gort
It's clear at this point, they (ESPN) scheduled MNF game with the anticipation Tebow would have been named the Broncos starter.

Tebow vs. Raiders

like the old Notre Dame vs. Miami rivalry ("Saints vs. Sinners")

Beantown Bronco
so? Orton > Tebow doesn't necessarily translate to a winning record.

Do Cy Young award winners always have the best record?

bronco militia
08-22-2011, 01:18 PM

so much fail....it's probably good that you don't post much anymore.

Dr. Broncenstein
The sweet, sweet smell of an internet meltdown. Like awakening to coffee and cinnamon rolls.

TheReverend
I'm canceling my sunday ticket, I refuse to pay to watch missed third down conversions and self sacks on every important ****ing drive in the game. ****, even though Cutler blew it to, at least there was a glimmer of hope that he's one day reach his potential. **** this.

I'm melting down. I wasted 7 ****ing months holding on through a coaching change, a ****ing lockout soap opera and a possible wonderfull world of Borton destroying Miami only to come back to this? fox is going to hand the ****ing keys back to borton?

that's like when my ****ing mother finally dumped her stupid ****ing drunken husband and when I came over to celebrate the joyous occasion that she finally saw through the ****ing bastard, she told me they were getting back together. I wanted to ****ing murder a hobo.

and now this? **** you Elway, **** you Fox and **** you Orton for demanding to get paid more than you ****ing deserve to play knuckleball on third and short and destroying the Miami deal. you suck ass incompetent ****face.

FUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKKK!

Hilarious!ROFL!Ha!LOL

Oh, and FTR, Cutler was amazing on 3rd down.

Shoemaker
08-22-2011, 01:19 PM
I would rather have a young QB go out and make mistakes and screw up early then do it in years 4, 5 and 6. With Tebow I already have the expectation that he will need work and will make mistakes and bad throws.

Which is odd to me. Young QB's make dumb mistakes. Only with tebow is it somehow indicitive that he cannot play the position. How the **** are we going to know if he can't play QB if he never plays?

I agree with this post, and this is mostly my point of view-I figured the team was going to be bad this year, so might as well let Tebow play and find out what we have in him.

Apparently Fox believes that the team won't necessarily be as bad as most of us are thinking, and that he can actually win some games this year. If that's the case, then I suppose it makes sense to start the more polished QB-the one that's more likely not to make those rookie mistakes.

I don't necessarily buy that we've improved all that much, but I can understand Fox's rationale behind starting Orton. if he truly thinks the defense and running game will be improved. Considering Orton's contract status, it seems like a rather short-sighted decision unless the coaching staff is committed to developing Tebow during and after the season.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-22-2011, 01:19 PM

FUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKKK!

You should cry more. Over a game. A game over which you have no control.

This place is getting absurd.

bronco militia
08-22-2011, 01:20 PM
I don't agree, I think a large portion of this board would like to see us Tank w/orton or w/tebow (based on the camp they are in) in order show their football knowledge is superior and they saw this coming, yada yada yada, typical OM BS.

9 or 10 posters is not a large portion of the orange mane

bendog
08-22-2011, 01:20 PM
http://hilitereel.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/apocalypse-now-redux-wallpaper11.jpg?w=300&h=226

Pony Boy
08-22-2011, 01:21 PM
Note to all NFL teams ....

Double Lloyd
Jam Royal at the line
Blitz Orton

and watch Moreno dance.

TheReverend
08-22-2011, 01:22 PM

I'm genuinely curious to see you make a serious reply about this post considering you're very far into the "other camp" so to speak:

So be it.

1. We were "hours away from trading Orton" several times. Then when he literally walks through the door at camp he becomes the #1 without throwing a pass. We all assumed at the time it was to put on a show for Miami, but wtf is going on there?

2. More FO manipulation of it's own fans right from their 2009 Jay Cutler textbook. "Tebow's not ready". "Tebow's too raw". "Tebow's a good football player but a poor QB". Then you take the developmental prospect and give him a few handoffs to close out a preseason game? GTFO. And then they try to sell it as nothing but rotating him and Quinn... Well, why did Quinn get the majority of PT the week before too? And I thought this was a QB competition? 6/7 with NO protection whatsoever where the incumbent goes 2/6 and one of them gets demoted... just not the one you'd expect.

Where's the honesty?

You wanna be a closed door organization, that's fine by me, but don't wave this bull**** flag of "winning back our fans" and "transparency" around when all they've done is the opposite.

Inkana7
08-22-2011, 01:22 PM
Wow, people actually were holding out hope Tebow would start?

orange 4 life
08-22-2011, 01:23 PM

Wow. Have you watched the games?
The fact that the kid can run isn't the issue. His inability to check off his primary receiver is what gets him in trouble.

Being "out of touch with realityness" (whatever the heck that word means) would be your inability to realize fact. Orton rarely gets sacked (even MORE impressive given his lack of a running game the last two years) and Tebow is a liability.

As for me I have indeed melted down a couple times and reading this drivel makes me close again.
I was so proud of Bronco fans last week (guess I still am at least at the local level. Everyone seemed to finally get that Tebow just isn't the guy) and reading these posts is painful.

As for my meltdowns specifically let's look at them.
We went 10-6, 10-6, 13-3 (all playoff seasons), and 7-4 with Plummer.
Remind me how we did after?
The problem with Cantler wasn't trading him but rather drafting him in the first place. People like you ran Plummer out of town (and provided an easy scape goat for the team) and now you actually wanna do it again to Orton?
Orton is (debatably at least) better than Plummer and Tebow is nowhere NEAR as good as Cutler. It's even MORE insane this time around.
No wonder I had a meltdown.

I actually wanna win games.

OABB

It does matter to me that when I pay almost 300 ****ing dollars to watch my ****ing broncos every ****ing year, I do get to shed a tear when they purposely drag my investment through the ****ing mud. If fox wants to send me 300 ****ing dollars I will not cry anymore. Also, I want 100 bucks for my ****ing Tebow Jersey mother****er.

broncswin
:smashraid:raidersux:bronxrox:This is fine with me...now lets go out there and F-up the Faiders!!

OABB
08-22-2011, 01:25 PM

Yes. or Quinn. or van pelt. or Brandstater. or anyone other than cement boots.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-22-2011, 01:25 PM

Only people who remember the abortion of an effort Orton gave last year when in clutch situation / red zone / bad weather / coach evicted.

cutthemdown
08-22-2011, 01:26 PM
Broncos are going to beat the Raiders opening day. Miller and Doom are going to get to Campbell on 3rd downs and the Faider running game will fail to produce enough big runs to win.

TheReverend
It does matter to me that when I pay almost 300 ****ing dollars to watch my ****ing broncos every ****ing year, I do get to shed a tear when they purposely drag my investment through the ****ing mud. If fox wants to send me 300 ****ing dollars I will not cry anymore. Also, I want 100 bucks for my ****ing Tebow Jersey mother****er.

http://images.forbes.com/media/2011/05/17/0517_mike-shanahan-washington-redskins_485x340.jpg

:(

Boobs McGee
So be it.

Where's the honesty?

I see where their actions (in terms of the qb battle) could come off as transparent, but when you step back and look at it through their eyes, it's also completely plausible to assume they've been nothing BUT transparent. THEY are the ones who are constantly around the players. THEY are the ones that get paid to evaluate talent.

WE, as fans, have gotten ourselves worked up into such a frenzy over certain players throughout the years, because it's what we do. We're fans. We have emotional attachments to our players that isn't matched (except for a select few like the Duke, Shannon, TD, etc.) by our front office counterparts. They're running a business, and while we'd all like to HOPE that they have our best interests at heart, when it comes down to it, they're going to run a business to the best of their abilities.

Sometimes, that equates to nuclear meltdowns by us because we feel like we're more competent at making those decisions. People like you, Kaylore, Montrose, Socal, etc...know a ****LOAD about football, maybe even more than some of the Broncos employees, but ultimately, a Veteran Coach, the GOAT, and Xanders would from all outside appearances know more than even the most knowledgeable fans. We have to believe that's true, anyway.

This lack of transparency you're suggesting, I just don't agree with. They have been SO MUCH MORE forthcoming than at any point during McD's tenure...from draft room strategies and interviews, to player personnel changes and injury updates. I actually feel like they're going above and beyond to keep us in the loop after the last debacle. The problem though, comes in situations like these, when we as fans FEEL WITH SUCH PASSION, that we know what's best for the team. You say there's some ulterior motives, because how else can they not choose the heir apparent in Tebow. I say, they have a lot more insight with which to make decisions, and from an extremely short sample size, have concluded that Orton is our best choice.

I'm not trying to discount your or ANY OTHERS view of the current situation (except macgruder. that guy is straight up ball gargling), but it's hard for me to understand how you can so vehemently disagree with someone like John Fox, John Elway, McD, Gase, Xander, etc's opinion of the current situation, given their credibility. Questioning their honesty and transparency is just something that doesn't compute with me....from MY standpoint (general lack of intimate football knowledge), they pretty much stuck to their guns. There was a competition, and as much as WE would've liked to see Tebow get more reps, in their eyes, he just wasn't deserving of them. They saw the guy they thought gave us our best chance, and made the move to give him the most reps from here on out because they believe in him.

Gort
08-22-2011, 01:27 PM
you know what's amazing about these threads and topics?

the very same people who were on the other side of the argument in previous years and acted like complete douchebags then (Plummer vs. Griese, Plummer vs. Cutler, Culter vs. Orton, McD vs. Shanny, Hillis vs. McD, etc.) now don't seem like quite so big douchebags on these new arguments when they're on your side. ;)

this forum really is a soap opera. the same arguments (just change a few names here and there). the same arguers. the same endless beating of dead horses.

it's a good thing photons are free.

Archer81
Wow. Have you watched the games?
The fact that the kid can run isn't the issue. 1. His inability to check off his primary receiver is what gets him in trouble.
Being "out of touch with realityness" (whatever the heck that word means) would be your inability to realize fact. 2. Orton rarely gets sacked (even MORE impressive given his lack of a running game the last two years) and Tebow is a liability.

As for me I have indeed melted down a couple times and reading this drivel makes me close again.
I was so proud of Bronco fans last week (guess I still am at least at the local level. Everyone seemed to finally get that 3. Tebow just isn't the guy) and reading these posts is painful.

As for my meltdowns specifically let's look at them.
We went 10-6, 10-6, 13-3 (all playoff seasons), and 7-4 with Plummer.
Remind me how we did after?
The problem with Cantler wasn't trading him but rather drafting him in the first place. People like you ran Plummer out of town (and provided an easy scape goat for the team) and now you actually wanna do it again to Orton?
Orton is (debatably at least) better than Plummer and Tebow is nowhere NEAR as good as Cutler. It's even MORE insane this time around.
No wonder I had a meltdown.

4. I actually wanna win games.

1. Like every other young quarterback in the history of the game.

2. Orton got sacked 29 and 34 times the two years he has been in Denver. Last season he got sacked 2.6 times a game. Tebow got sacked 6 times in 3 games. An average of 2 a game.

3. You know this from 3 starts? Thank God you were not in charge when Elway was a rookie. You would have dumped him for DeBerg.

4. Who doesnt? But what good does it do to start a guy who is gone next year over a guy who could potentially be a franchise player? Just to get 1 or two wins this year, possibly maybe? That's not logical.

OABB
Only people who remember the abortion of an effort Orton gave last year when in clutch situation / red zone / bad weather / coach evicted.

also those who liked watching our team score more points. and those of us who enjoy staying awake through games that cost ****ing money and time to watch.

Shoemaker
08-22-2011, 01:28 PM

How is starting Orton "dragging your investment through the mud?" I understand that he doesn't have the excitement potential that Tebow brings, but there's a giant gap between "boring yet competent," which is what Orton is, and your imaginary Kyle Orton, who is apparently the worst quarterback on the planet.

And he's one player out of 52 on the team. Did you pay 300 dollars just to watch the Broncos quarterback every single down? There are other things worth watching on this team; Lloyd, Moreno, Dumervil, Miller, Champ, etc.

orange 4 life
08-22-2011, 01:29 PM

This place was absurd five years ago.
There are a lot of great people (only a few of which I've noticed still posting) on this board but the rest make it almost intolerable.

Sad but true. I used to love this place and for awhile there we had a great (and large) group of people that would tailgate together before games.
Unfortunately stupidity won in straight sets after we drafted Cantler and it hasn't been the same since.

TheReverend
you know what's amazing about these threads and topics?

the very same people who were on the other side of the argument in previous years and acted like complete douchebags then (Plummer vs. Griese, Plummer vs. Cutler, Culter vs. Orton, McD vs. Shanny, Hillis vs. McD, etc.) now don't seem like quite so big douchebags on these new arguments when they're on your side. ;)

this forum really is a soap opera. the same arguments (just change a few names here and there). the same arguers. the same endless beating of dead horses.

it's a good thing photons are free.

It's even harder when you're always right... :)

TonyR
I would rather have a young QB go out and...

I'm with you. I was hoping Tebow would win the job. And part of me thinks they should throw him out there. But I'm going to trust their judgement on this. That and hope that they give Tebow some chances in the red zone!

Miss I.
hmm, interesting, even i am beginning to thing boobjacking this thread is a more palatable alternative to yet another rant on the mediocrity of Orton vs the potential awesomeness of Tebow.

Both Broncos, like them both. I wonder if it's possible to use them both? Use Orton at his strongest and throw Tebow and Quinn out there in different packages. Not sure how effective that'd be though. When AZ tried it, turns out Warner just was a better QB and their little boy from USC was a washout and rightfully lost his job.

At any rate, here's a little mojo to lighten the mood.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/Family_Guy_Boobs.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=3044)

OABB
08-22-2011, 01:30 PM
http://images.forbes.com/media/2011/05/17/0517_mike-shanahan-washington-redskins_485x340.jpg

:(

nope! not leaving my broncos. just not going to pay to be bored to death. It's like getting a hooker to wash your feet for 250 bucks.

If I'm shelling that kind of money out I at least want a Bizmark or Cleveland steamer.

TailgateNut

in meaningless games.

bendog
1. Like every other young quarterback in the history of the game.

2. Orton got sacked 29 and 34 times the two years he has been in Denver. Last season he got sacked 2.6 times a game. Tebow got sacked 6 times in 3 games. An average of 2 a game.

3. You know this from 3 starts? Thank God you were not in charge when Elway was a rookie. You would have dumped him for DeBerg.

4. Who doesnt? But what good does it do to start a guy who is gone next year over a guy who could potentially be a franchise player? Just to get 1 or two wins this year, possibly maybe? That's not logical.

Elway only got in when Deberg went down, and even after that Kubes took one of the starts after a game where Elway was very bad. Elway was good in two of the last three games that year, and then they lost in the playoffs.

TheReverend
08-22-2011, 01:31 PM
I see where their actions (in terms of the qb battle) could come off as transparent, but when you step back and look at it through their eyes, it's also completely plausible to assume they've been nothing BUT transparent. THEY are the ones who are constantly around the players. THEY are the ones that get paid to evaluate talent.

WE, as fans, have gotten ourselves worked up into such a frenzy over certain players throughout the years, because it's what we do. We're fans. We have emotional attachments to our players that isn't matched (except for a select few like the Duke, Shannon, TD, etc.) by our front office counterparts. They're running a business, and while we'd all like to HOPE that they have our best interests at heart, when it comes down to it, they're going to run a business to the best of their abilities.

Sometimes, that equates to nuclear meltdowns by us because we feel like we're more competent at making those decisions. People like you, Kaylore, Montrose, Socal, etc...know a ****LOAD about football, maybe even more than some of the Broncos employees, but ultimately, a Veteran Coach, the GOAT, and Xanders would from all outside appearances know more than even the most knowledgeable fans. We have to believe that's true, anyway.

This lack of transparency you're suggesting, I just don't agree with. They have been SO MUCH MORE forthcoming than at any point during McD's tenure...from draft room strategies and interviews, to player personnel changes and injury updates. I actually feel like they're going above and beyond to keep us in the loop after the last debacle. The problem though, comes in situations like these, when we as fans FEEL WITH SUCH PASSION, that we know what's best for the team. You say there's some ulterior motives, because how else can they not choose the heir apparent in Tebow. I say, they have a lot more insight with which to make decisions, and from an extremely short sample size, have concluded that Orton is our best choice.

I'm not trying to discount your or ANY OTHERS view of the current situation (except macgruder. that guy is straight up ball gargling), but it's hard for me to understand how you can so vehemently agree with someone like John Fox, John Elway, McD, Gase, Xander, etc's opinion of the current situation, given their credibility. Questioning their honesty and transparency is just something that doesn't compute with me....from MY standpoint (general lack of intimate football knowledge), they pretty much stuck to their guns. There was a competition, and as much as WE would've liked to see Tebow get more reps, in their eyes, he just wasn't deserving of them. They saw the guy they thought gave us our best chance, and made the move to give him the most reps from here on out because they believe in him.

I'm not trying to demean this post, because it's very thorough and good in general.

That being said... it doesn't even attempt to address the two main issues I put up at all:

"1. We were "hours away from trading Orton" several times. Then when he literally walks through the door at camp he becomes the #1 without throwing a pass. We all assumed at the time it was to put on a show for Miami, but wtf is going on there?

2. More FO manipulation of it's own fans right from their 2009 Jay Cutler textbook. "Tebow's not ready". "Tebow's too raw". "Tebow's a good football player but a poor QB". Then you take the developmental prospect and give him a few handoffs to close out a preseason game? GTFO. And then they try to sell it as nothing but rotating him and Quinn... Well, why did Quinn get the majority of PT the week before too? And I thought this was a QB competition? 6/7 with NO protection whatsoever where the incumbent goes 2/6 and one of them gets demoted... just not the one you'd expect."

Archer81
08-22-2011, 01:32 PM
I'm with you. I was hoping Tebow would win the job. And part of me thinks they should throw him out there. But I'm going to trust their judgement on this. That and hope that they give Tebow some chances in the red zone!

I'm a Broncos fan. Orton is the starter. I have no ability to change it, so I will go with it. For now. When it becomes clear that Orton has the upside of a limpdick on a corpse, I hope Elway and Fox have the foresight to make the right call and put the kid in.

TheReverend
08-22-2011, 01:32 PM
nope! not leaving my broncos. just not going to pay to be bored to death. It's like getting a hooker to wash your feet for 250 bucks.

If I'm shelling that kind of money out I at least want a Bizmark or Cleveland steamer.

No no no, not was I was inferring.

Loving your meltdown.

Just reminding people what a real coach looks like.

TheReverend
08-22-2011, 01:33 PM
This place was absurd five years ago.
There are a lot of great people (only a few of which I've noticed still posting) on this board but the rest make it almost intolerable.

Sad but true. I used to love this place and for awhile there we had a great (and large) group of people that would tailgate together before games.
Unfortunately stupidity won in straight sets after we drafted Cantler and it hasn't been the same since.

There's the door queer.

Go play handball with your ass pal in the Brokeback Mountains.

Boobs McGee
also those who liked watching our team score more points. and those of us who enjoy staying awake through games that cost ****ing money and time to watch.

I swear to jeebus if you don't at LEAST punch a hobo when you get to town for a game, there will be no beer consumed between us. I. want. to. see. BLOOD.

OABB
in meaningless games.

Every game was meaningless last year. and anytime the raiders or chargers play us they are far from meaningless.
have you ever watched football?

TailgateNut
08-22-2011, 01:34 PM

FUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKKK!

Hilarious!Hilarious!

Archer81
There's the door queer.

Go play handball with your ass pal in the Brokeback Mountains.

Not that there is anything wrong with that...:approve:

Dr. Broncenstein
I'm a Broncos fan. Orton is the starter. I have no ability to change it, so I will go with it. For now. When it becomes clear that Orton has the upside of a limpdick on a corpse, I hope Elway and Fox have the foresight to make the right call and put the kid in.

If only they had game tape to review.

I swear to god I'm living in the twilight zone.

OABB
I swear to jeebus if you don't at LEAST punch a hobo when you get to town for a game, there will be no beer consumed between us. I. want. to. see. BLOOD.

Punch one? With this news, I'm going to ****ing stab one to death.

crush17
08-22-2011, 01:35 PM

Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

Root for the TEAM not the PLAYER, you ignorant jackass

DBroncos4life
I've yet to yield any returns from my Elway jersey's or my Cutler jersey. Someone owes me money too!!! rawr rawr rawr

Archer81
If only they had game tape to review.

I swear to god I'm living in the twilight zone.

I hated the Twilight Zone movie. ITS ON THE WING...WHAT THE **** IS IT?

Dr. Broncenstein
08-22-2011, 01:36 PM

5-0

OABB

you kiss your mother? creep.

TailgateNut
ROFL!It does matter to me that when I pay almost 300 ****ing dollars to watch my ****ing broncos every ****ing year, I do get to shed a tear when they purposely drag my investment through the ****ing mud. If fox wants to send me 300 ****ing dollars I will not cry anymore. Also, I want 100 bucks for my ****ing Tebow Jersey mother****er.

Waaahhhhh, I spend more than that every ****ing weekend, you ****ing whiney bitch.

....and you deserve to get stuck with that jersey.ROFL!ROFL!

dbfan21
The sweet, sweet smell of an internet meltdown. Like awakening to coffee and cinnamon rolls.

Ha!

UberBroncoMan
08-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Anyone shocked? This was NEVER a competition.

Dr. Broncenstein
I hated the Twilight Zone movie. ITS ON THE WING...WHAT THE **** IS IT?

http://item.slide.com/r/1/112/i/p3SfdV1z4j-5xuS1tmGE4Udkc4_2Wa4-/

I'm going to have to make an Orton version.

Blueflame
There's no question that a QB controversy is a distraction that is bad for the team. Which means... where is the downside in the HC making an announcement that ends any and all debate over who's going to start on opening day?

Go Broncos!

Dr. Broncenstein
08-22-2011, 01:38 PM
ROFL!

Waaahhhhh, I spend more than that every ****ing weekend, you ****ing whiney b****.

....and you deserve to get stuck with that jersey.ROFL!ROFL!

He can't even approach the level of crybaby b!tch you exhibited during Tebow's comeback against Houston.

Archer81
08-22-2011, 01:38 PM
http://item.slide.com/r/1/112/i/p3SfdV1z4j-5xuS1tmGE4Udkc4_2Wa4-/

I'm going to have to make an Orton version.

That would be awesome and horrible all at the same time.

TailgateNut
08-22-2011, 01:39 PM
He can't even approach the level of crybaby b!tch you exhibited during Tebow's comeback against Houston.

WTF are you yammering about, you ****ing glorified internet geriatric nurse.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-22-2011, 01:41 PM
WTF are you yammering about, you ****ing glorified internet geriatric nurse.

I'm calling you a b!tch. Because you are.

Binkythefrog
08-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Remember, when Orton had a decent defense and running game in the first 6 games of the McD era, he did some good things:

Week 1 @Cincinati : Total luck - yay Stokley
Week 2 Cleveland: 19-37 263 I Td - Defense dominated Browns in a 27-6 win
Week 3 @Oakland: 13-23 157 1 Td - D dominates again 23-3

Week 4 Dallas

Down 10-7 4th qtr, Orton takes over, doesn't "carry" the team persay but goes 3-4 for 30 yards, and helped by a 15yd penalty ties the game.

Then tied at 10-10 He goes 2-2 for 59 yards - of course Marshall does pretty much all of the work on the TD.

Week 5 New England 35-48 330 yards 2 tds

Down 17-10 10 min left 4th quarter Orton goes 7 - 10 for 76 yards throws 11 yd td to Marshall

In OT, Orton gets the ball and goes 4-6 31 yards, sets up game winning FG

Week 6 @San Diego 20-29 229 Yds 2 tds

Eddie steals the show, but Orton plays well in a good victory on the road.

To me, beating Dallas and New England on 4th quarter drives and playing well to beat San Diego shows me it is there with a decent running game and a decent D. Not even Manning or Brady can win without at least a good running game or defense. In Manning's case, when he got support from Addai and others in the run game he won a Super Bowl. In Brady's case, he played with a good defense.

Following the beatdown of the Chuggers, the Broncos got owned at Baltimore and proceed to give up 30, 28, 27, and 32 points before finally beating the Giants at home.

In 2010, we had the worst defense in all of football. Of course, Orton had something to do with it, but with a terrible defense and little running game, the QB play has to be perfect. I doubt even Tom Brady could have led that Broncos team to the playoffs.

So while I understand the Tebow hype (i find watching him entertaining), I still think Orton gives the Broncos the best chance to win. I don't understand why people think Orton can't be a good player, he has shown flashes of clutch play, and yes flashes of fetal position, fall down at the slightest movement of a dlineman within 10 feet of him play, but I can see him performing well when he has a decent run game and decent defense.

I'm hoping for a pro-bowl season from Orton and a playoff berth, and no matter how unlikely that is, I'd rather have that illusion of optimism than sit around being sad and pissed off that one player isn't quite getting his chance yet. Isn't watching football supposed to be fun?

Steve Sewell
while I agree with you, Tebow can only blame himself on this one

if he wanted the job, he had to make some improvements and go out and take it...and part of taking it means he has to be sharp in practice

I wanted to see what TT brought to the table as much as anyone else, but you cannot start a guy just because you think he might play better than he practices, especially being a new coach

I very truly believe it was Tebow's job to lose, and he lost it

You could always, you know, put in the game tape from the final 3 games of last season.

Rock Chalk
Well no ****, genius.

No one's hoping we tank.

Um, not true.

Lots of people are pulling for the Suck for Luck option this year.

Personally, I dont give a crap. I think Fox is going to have the defense improved and the run game improved enough that MANY of the problems the TEAM faced last year are going to be erased.

CEH
08-22-2011, 01:44 PM
What is absolutely hilarious and isn't fooling anyone is the quote from John Fox that he can't tell us who the #2 or #3 for the next preseason game will be because of "competitive advantage" (in a preseason game). No John you can't tell us because if Tebow is #3 fans may not show up or show up late and Boweln loses revenue

Blueflame
08-22-2011, 01:45 PM
"1. We were "hours away from trading Orton" several times. Then when he literally walks through the door at camp he becomes the #1 without throwing a pass. We all assumed at the time it was to put on a show for Miami, but wtf is going on there?

But why wouldn't he be the presumptive starter from the get-go? I mean, he's the veteran at the position and started on opening day the previous season. It was my impression that Tebow started the 3 games due to an injury to Orton; not that Orton was benched for ineffectiveness...

Pony Boy
08-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Fox names Kyle Orton the Starter for MNF against daaaaa raaaidahs

MacGruder
08-22-2011, 01:46 PM

I think what McDaniels realized is that even his stellar offensive coaching couldn't save Orton in the red zone.. he was fooled by fool's gold Orton, too.

Miss I.
okay, don't make me bring out the um big uh...well anyway....my work here is done. Be good and remember Broncos forever, even if we don't agree on our QB or much of anything else. :egbgb:

http://ussmullinnix.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/boobs.jpg

Garcia Bronco
Kyle Orton is the best QB on the roster guys and gals. Get over it.

OABB
08-22-2011, 01:48 PM
Kyle Orton is the best QB on the Arizona Rattler's roster guys and gals. Get over it.

fyp

mkporter
08-22-2011, 01:49 PM

2. More FO manipulation of it's own fans right from their 2009 Jay Cutler textbook. "Tebow's not ready". "Tebow's too raw". "Tebow's a good football player but a poor QB". Then you take the developmental prospect and give him a few handoffs to close out a preseason game? GTFO. And then they try to sell it as nothing but rotating him and Quinn... Well, why did Quinn get the majority of PT the week before too? And I thought this was a QB competition? 6/7 with NO protection whatsoever where the incumbent goes 2/6 and one of them gets demoted... just not the one you'd expect."

1) He was the #1 QB at the end of the season last year. Why wouldn't he start as the #1 this year? EFX was pretty consistent on this point all offseason.

2) I think you are just being a little over-emotional here. Are you really going to use 2/6 in the first preseason game as a key argument against Orton? That is just silly. And why wouldn't EFX lay some groundwork to spin whatever they planned to do with Tebow? The guy's got a built in legion of true believers that freak out if anything doesn't go his way. And for f's sake, stop comparing this to the Cutler situation. Cutler had a master BSer slinging **** against the Broncos from the get go. As far as the Tebow situation goes, the front office has clearly modified their plans based on the fact that they couldn't get the value they wanted for Orton, and after evaluating what they've seen so far this training camp. Maybe they are wrong, but it certainly doesn't seem as though they have it out for Tebow.

jhns
08-22-2011, 01:49 PM
But why wouldn't he be the presumptive starter from the get-go? I mean, he's the veteran at the position and started on opening day the previous season. It was my impression that Tebow started the 3 games due to an injury to Orton; not that Orton was benched for ineffectiveness...

And when Tebow got that chance, he completely outplayed Orton. When that happens, it doesn't matter who the previous uears starter was, or why he was benched. Just ask Tom Brady.

Kaylore
08-22-2011, 01:50 PM
I enjoy this thread. lol.

Ambiguous
08-22-2011, 01:51 PM

Great. Please stop then, and kindly shut the **** up.

WolfpackGuy
08-22-2011, 01:52 PM

Woo hoo!

Pardon me while I throw up in my shirt...

Quoydogs
Well at least this will put the D on the field more so we should see at least a few TD's to go with all field goals.

Boobs McGee
I'm not trying to demean this post, because it's very thorough and good in general.

That being said... it doesn't even attempt to address the two main issues I put up at all:

My bad, I was lumping my responses together.

1. We were hours away from trading Orton, then he showed up to practice and was #1 automatically. For me, this just speaks to his NFL readiness in comparison to Tebow/Quinn. I was a little surprised, because (i'm assuming here) like you and everybody else, I thought there would be a more clearly defined "competition". More evenly spread reps with the first team. More opportunities for each qb to work with the more talented players. When he immediately took over those reps, I just figured that the coaches saw THAT MUCH difference between the 3, that it was a no brainer. In retrospect, it doesn't seem like it was at all fair, but because of what they saw in skill levels, it was the best option for our team. I can see why that comes off as dishonest.

2. Again, I defer to the Coaching staff. Tebow had a great showing in the first PS game, and was "usurped" by Quinn in the second game. Did it seem fair to us? Not really. He got much more playing time than Tim. Everyone keeps asking the same questions...why why why? Why isn't Tim getting a better shot? Why isn't he getting the same opportunities if this is truly a "fair" competition? I just have to believe that the coaching staff, for whatever reason, just doesn't see him in the same light that we do. We picture this angelic steamrolling rocketarmed hillis amalgamation that chews nails and ****s concrete, and they see someone who's not ready, too raw, and a good football player but a poor QB.

I HAVE to believe that they've gone through the same stats you've compiled (his three starts last year) with even greater film study/detail and combined them with this years work so far. The bottom line, is that THEY don't think he's ready. Again, from OUR standpoint, it just looks like they skipped right over he and Quinn and went with K.O.

It's a battle of perception, and we always feel like we're the ones who're losing.

DBroncos4life
08-22-2011, 01:53 PM
I think we have the a RB that can give us our first double digit TD guy since MA in McGahee. I think if we follow the 05 teams pattern with Bell and MA we should be much improved on O. I still wish they would dump the Mays project and bring in Kirk Morrison. I think he would improve our run D a ton.

BMF Bronco
GO ****ING BRONCOS!!!!

bendog
MkPorter quote The guy's got a built in legion of true believers that freak out if anything doesn't go his way.

1 They went across the lake to the region of the Gerasenes.[a] 2 When Jesus got out of the boat, a man with an impure spirit came from the tombs to meet him. 3 This man lived in the tombs, and no one could bind him anymore, not even with a chain. 4 For he had often been chained hand and foot, but he tore the chains apart and broke the irons on his feet. No one was strong enough to subdue him. 5 Night and day among the tombs and in the hills he would cry out and cut himself with stones.
6 When he saw Jesus from a distance, he ran and fell on his knees in front of him. 7 He shouted at the top of his voice, “What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? In God’s name don’t torture me!” 8 For Jesus had said to him, “Come out of this man, you impure spirit!”

9 Then Jesus asked him, “What is your name?”

“My name is Legion,” he replied, “for we are many.” 10 And he begged Jesus again and again not to send them out of the area.

11 A large herd of pigs was feeding on the nearby hillside. 12 The demons begged Jesus, “Send us among the pigs; allow us to go into them.” 13 He gave them permission, and the impure spirits came out and went into the pigs. The herd, about two thousand in number, rushed down the steep bank into the lake and were drowned.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+5&version=NIV

Tombstone RJ
okay, don't make me bring out the um big uh...well anyway....my work here is done. Be good and remember Broncos forever, even if we don't agree on our QB or much of anything else. :egbgb:

http://ussmullinnix.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/boobs.jpg

thanks Miss I! This thread need more boobs, less talky...

Steve Sewell
08-22-2011, 01:55 PM
now comes the real test. the regular season will have ups and downs for the franchise.
the fans are clamoring for Tebow, he's obviously(in practice and footwork wise) not ready.
16 games is a long time to decide on the next season.
if Orton does really well then do you let him walk for nothing? if he doesn't do well do you put in Tebow or Quinn?

between the defense and the QB depth chart this season is gonna be interesting.

That is what's so retarded about the situation. It's not so much about Tebow...at least for me. Everyone knows that Orton is a one-year player with the franchise. If the team makes the playoffs and wins a playoff game that might change, but that's a longshot.

In all likelihood next years starter will be Tebow/Quinn/Drafted QB. Why mortgage the future for 1 year? It doesn't make any sense. Let's see who we've got that MIGHT be a long term solution for the franchise.

Blueflame
08-22-2011, 01:56 PM
And when Tebow got that chance, he completely outplayed Orton. When that happens, it doesn't matter who the previous uears starter was, or why he was benched. Just ask Tom Brady.

Nice try Jhns... Brady took over for the injured Bledsoe in the 2001 season... and there was no QB controversy between the two in New England in 2002 because Bledsoe was with the Bills in '02. And he started all 16 games for the Bills that year.

vancejohnson82
08-22-2011, 01:59 PM
Nice try Jhns... Brady took over for the injured Bledsoe in the 2001 season... and there was no QB controversy between the two in New England in 2002 because Bledsoe was with the Bills in '02. And he started all 16 games for the Bills that year.

don't bring up facts with Jhizz

Miss I.
08-22-2011, 02:01 PM
Damn it, Should've provided a picture those who enjoy nature could enjoy too. Here's a pic all can enjoy because well it's a nature shot of one of our very own players...I love you Eric, it's not stalking if we are friends on FB right? ;D

http://www.hunkymalecelebs.com/eric_decker/pictures/2.jpg

jhns
08-22-2011, 02:02 PM

How does that change the statement? Brady got in because of injury and proved he was better. He started the next year. You just highlighted the point that they didn't waste time with the lesser QB...

AK Broncomaniac

I agree... I'm still a Tebow supporter, but more than that, I support the Denver Broncos as a team! :)

vancejohnson82

brb rolling eyes

wow, I never thought you to be someone who would take a position competition and turn it into a whine-fest

but you've done a great job in the last 3 weeks

Dedhed
wasnt this obvious by the way?

Sadly

bendog
I just pray Ted Haggard doesn't frequent this site

jhns
08-22-2011, 02:03 PM
don't bring up facts with Jhizz

Yeah! Brady didn't take the job from the injured starter because they traded him!

mkporter
08-22-2011, 02:03 PM
MkPorter quote The guy's got a built in legion of true believers that freak out if anything doesn't go his way.

1 They went across the lake to the region of the Gerasenes.[a] 2 When Jesus got out of the boat, a man with an impure spirit came from the tombs to meet him. 3 This man lived in the tombs, and no one could bind him anymore, not even with a chain. 4 For he had often been chained hand and foot, but he tore the chains apart and broke the irons on his feet. No one was strong enough to subdue him. 5 Night and day among the tombs and in the hills he would cry out and cut himself with stones.
6 When he saw Jesus from a distance, he ran and fell on his knees in front of him. 7 He shouted at the top of his voice, “What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? In God’s name don’t torture me!” 8 For Jesus had said to him, “Come out of this man, you impure spirit!”

9 Then Jesus asked him, “What is your name?”

“My name is Legion,” he replied, “for we are many.” 10 And he begged Jesus again and again not to send them out of the area.

11 A large herd of pigs was feeding on the nearby hillside. 12 The demons begged Jesus, “Send us among the pigs; allow us to go into them.” 13 He gave them permission, and the impure spirits came out and went into the pigs. The herd, about two thousand in number, rushed down the steep bank into the lake and were drowned.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+5&version=NIV

In summary then, bacon is delicious because pigs are inhabited by impure spirits?

or

Orton is really the better analogue for Jesus:

Isaiah 50:6

I gave my back to those who strike, and my cheeks to those who pull out the beard; I hid not my face from disgrace and spitting.

vancejohnson82
08-22-2011, 02:08 PM
Yeah! Brady didn't take the job from the injured starter because they traded him!

just like Rivers took Brees' job?

TheReverend
08-22-2011, 02:09 PM
I started replying to the people that were kind and good enough to reply to my post.

...But then I realized all your replies were ****ing **** and awful and not worth my time and this is a thread to be RELISHED

MacGruder
08-22-2011, 02:10 PM

Until he gets hit... then he will fall apart faster than a Chinese motorcycle..

jhns
08-22-2011, 02:11 PM
just like Rivers took Brees' job?

Fine, you are right. Brady didn't take the job. They just decided that he was the starter after he performed better than the starter...

Is this really being argued?

TheReverend
08-22-2011, 02:14 PM
In summary then, bacon is delicious because pigs are inhabited by impure spirits?

or

Is that why he asked for a trade like a bitch?

Shananahan
08-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Damn it, Should've provided a picture those who enjoy nature could enjoy too. Here's a pic all can enjoy because well it's a nature shot of one of our very own players...I love you Eric, it's not stalking if we are friends on FB right? ;D
Actually I'm pretty sure it is stalking because you're friends on Facebook.

DBroncos4life
08-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Is that why he asked for a trade like a b****?

Lets be fair here, if Orton is a bitch for asking for a trade then why isn't Cutler? I don't think either one of them are bitches, just pointing that out.

mkporter
08-22-2011, 02:21 PM

Yes, Jesus was well known for being a bitch, and asking to be traded. The Romans had a deal line up for two second round picks, but it fell apart when Jesus refused to switch the brand of sandals he wore.

bendog
08-22-2011, 02:22 PM

or

nah, I'm thinking you tebowites are pigs infested by demons who have made you delusional and you need to jump in a lake.

TheReverend
08-22-2011, 02:23 PM
Lets be fair here, if Orton is a b**** for asking for a trade then why isn't Cutler? I don't think either one of them are b****es, just pointing that out.

Cutler did it out of principle.

Orton did it because he was scared of competition.

...but that's cool because they sidestepped that whole business for him anyway.

mkporter
08-22-2011, 02:24 PM
nah, I'm thinking you tebowites are pigs infested by demons who have made you delusional and you need to jump in a lake.

What exactly makes you think I'm a Tebowite? Lack of reading comprehension? I like the guys potential, but I don't really have a problem with Orton starting.

TheReverend
08-22-2011, 02:25 PM
Yes, Jesus was well known for being a b****, and asking to be traded. The Romans had a deal line up for two second round picks, but it fell apart when Jesus refused to switch the brand of sandals he wore.

Repped Ha!

Miss I.
08-22-2011, 02:26 PM

Since when did b**** ask for trades? Mofo ought to know his damned place and get back in the kitchen and make me some turkey pot pie....

Don't make me come back there skanksworder... Get me my dinner Kyle...B**** what did I just say to you? Now get me my turkey pot pie, mofo. And while you are up get me Decker on the line. boy needs some tutoring on the playbook that only a wisened woman such as myself can provide.

Stop it Kyle, stop looking so damned pitful. You know I like you best, well of all the QBs over the age of 25 anyway...OMG, stop crying...I do not wish Tebow was here. What would I do with a virgin, oh wait, now there's an idea...

No I don't think the uniform makes you look fat...it's clearly the fat that makes you look fat honey...Ah crap, honey, stop it...I didn't mean it..sometimes the Jack Daniels has this effect on me...now, now Kyle, it's okay...Look, little Quinn is here to play...go on now, you boys go enjoy some JD and some play time...

Damn, I never had this trouble with the Snake, but really..well the Snake kind of says it all

"this little melodrama brought to you courtesy of being really tired and slightly bemused by this thread" ;D Now I really am off to get some sleep...

GO BRONCOS!:egbgb::curtsey:

mkporter
08-22-2011, 02:26 PM

You are wandering into MacGruder territory Rev. I'm all for it, btw, just make sure you go all in. Half way isn't going to cut it.

bendog
08-22-2011, 02:27 PM
What exactly makes you think I'm a Tebowite? Lack of reading comprehension? I like the guys potential, but I don't really have a problem with Orton starting.

Sorry, "the tebowites." I left for the "McD years." I don't like orton, but unfortunately he's the best McD left us.

PS, that's one of my fav parables. Notice the guy who owned the pigs got totally screwed by Jesus. Jesus cast out the demons of the possessed guy, who everybody then gave stuff too. The pigs all drowned themselves. And the guy who lost the pigs got jack sht. And Jesus kept right on trucking. LOL

OABB

because he moves likes he's nailed to a board?

Shananahan
Lets be fair here, if Orton is a b**** for asking for a trade then why isn't Cutler?
I don't think Orton asked for a trade like a b!tch, but Cutler probably did.

I picture Orton stumbling into Bowlen's office with a broken-off bottle of Jack Daniels and an enormous two-day neckbeard filled with bits of food and women's underwear while screaming at the top of his lungs.

I see Cutler, on the other hand, sulking on the couch with his mom while his dad calls the team.

Powderaddict
08-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Orton isn't my pick, but he's Fox's pick (and I have a TON of respect for Fox and how he's handled this whole situation).

It's time to back the starting QB and root for success whether he's YOUR guy or not. He's the starting QB on the Denver Broncos the team I love, and I will never hope for failure.

MacGruder
You are wandering into MacGruder territory Rev. I'm all for it, btw, just make sure you go all in. Half way isn't going to cut it.

You mean reality? That territory?

Have you researched Freemasonry? No fear of Rev coming to reality.

TheReverend

How so?

They are completing a trade one minute.

The next the trade's off and they annoint the guy the starter.

The next Tim goes 6/7 and gets demoted to almost no effing snaps.

I mean... I just want some ****ing answers and something to jive with all their "off-season mottos".

Not being biased. Loved the draft. Just almost everything's been **** since then. If Orton wins for us, awesome. I really don't see that being consistently possible, but awesome.

DBroncos4life
08-22-2011, 02:30 PM

Tebow is the most talented QB on our roster but, he should have been working his ass off instead of signing books. Quinn should be the starter and he went out and WORKED his ass off to improve and he is getting F'd.

I think the Orton thing is kind of BS but Tebow didn't take advantage of what was going to be given to him. Honestly I really think Tebow didn't expect Orton to be on the roster at all so he didn't give it his all during this off season because he felt he was going to be given the job.

TheReverend
08-22-2011, 02:30 PM
I don't think Orton asked for a trade like a b!tch, but Cutler probably did.

I picture Orton stumbling into Bowlen's office with a broken-off bottle of Jack Daniels and an enormous two-day neckbeard filled with bits of food and women's underwear while screaming at the top of his lungs.

I see Cutler, on the other hand, sulking on the couch with his mom while his dad calls the team.

Yeah!

Boy was Cutler wrong about McDaniels!

We sure showed him!

mkporter
08-22-2011, 02:31 PM

or because he parties with whores?

Shananahan
08-22-2011, 02:32 PM
Orton's drives also tend to leave the field after the third play, much like Jesus emerged from the tomb after three days.

Cito Pelon
08-22-2011, 02:33 PM
There's no question that a QB controversy is a distraction that is bad for the team. Which means... where is the downside in the HC making an announcement that ends any and all debate over who's going to start on opening day?

Go Broncos!

Good try to hold back the swarm . . . At least you got your foot in to try and hold them back.

TheReverend
08-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Tebow is the most talented QB on our roster but, he should have been working his ass off instead of signing books. Quinn should be the starter and he went out and WORKED his ass off to improve and he is getting F'd.

Links?

Go ahead and show where Tim wasn't working his ass off?

In fact, wasn't him working hard all off-season one of the team's justifications for putting Orton on the block?

I think the Orton thing is kind of BS but Tebow didn't take advantage of what was going to be given to him. Honestly I really think Tebow didn't expect Orton to be on the roster at all so he didn't give it his all during this off season because he felt he was going to be given the job.

Yeah, still no. The second Miami said no, Orton walked in and went right to the 1s.

Orton played like **** in the first PS game, so what do they do? Dumb down the O to screens and flats (again) so he looks decent to casual fans and then ensure Tim gets almost no reps in front of the home crowd. Unfortunately his character is too documented to start leaking stories of him being alcoholic THIS TIME...

"Transparency"

bendog
or because he parties with whores?

But Jesus resisted the tasty temptation. I believe orton married some time last year, so maybe he's not wallowing in sin anymore. Still, probably even Jesus couldn't have saved last season.

Powderaddict
Fox didn't start this mess - he inherited it.

IMO he's handling this like a seasoned professional head coach. He doesn't lose the locker room, he can easily replace Orton if he absolutely sucks.

Good job all around by John Fox IMO.

DBroncos4life
Yeah!

We sure showed him!

I look at it like this. If Orton can win 8 games in a season with McD as his HC then he should improve with a NFL coach coaching him.

Shananahan
08-22-2011, 02:35 PM
Yeah!

We sure showed him!
It's pretty hilarious how well he came out of the entire scenario.

Everybody hated him for rushing for the exit, and then the bomb went off.

Powderaddict
08-22-2011, 02:37 PM
It's pretty hilarious how well he came out of the entire scenario.

Everybody hated him for rushing for the exit, and then the bomb went off.

He's still a whiny bitch.

I blame both Cutler and McDaniels. Neither is a saint, and both are villians in my book.

Bronco Vixen

Good God that's funny. This thread is highly entertaining indeed. Which is more than can be said about our impending kickfest of a season.

HILife

This

jhns
Everybody hated him for rushing for the exit

Not everyone. Just the dumb ones.

mkporter
08-22-2011, 02:41 PM
How so?

They are completing a trade one minute.

The next the trade's off and they annoint the guy the starter.

The next Tim goes 6/7 and gets demoted to almost no effing snaps.

I mean... I just want some ****ing answers and something to jive with all their "off-season mottos".

Not being biased. Loved the draft. Just almost everything's been **** since then. If Orton wins for us, awesome. I really don't see that being consistently possible, but awesome.

If you don't trade a starter, isn't he still a starter?

Is going 6/7 in a single preseason game the only opportunity the FO has had to evaluate Tebow? Do we know for sure that Tebow is demoted? Isn't it conceivable that Quinn has shown more to the FO, and that the move reflects his improvement rather than Tebow's decline? TBD IMO.

Their offseason motto was: "Orton is the starter."

Everything hasn't been **** since then. The defense has shown some life, the offense seems to be running pretty smoothly. An improved short yardage running game will do wonders for Orton. Orton will win for us. The problem will be if he gets hurt again, and they let him keep playing. That **** sucks. Orton got dinged last year against the Rams, and again against the chiefs, and he proceeded to be awful.

TheReverend
08-22-2011, 02:43 PM
If you don't trade a starter, isn't he still a starter?

Is going 6/7 in a single preseason game the only opportunity the FO has had to evaluate Tebow? Do we know for sure that Tebow is demoted? Isn't it conceivable that Quinn has shown more to the FO, and that the move reflects his improvement rather than Tebow's decline? TBD IMO.

Their offseason motto was: "Orton is the starter."

Everything hasn't been **** since then. The defense has shown some life, the offense seems to be running pretty smoothly. An improved short yardage running game will do wonders for Orton. Orton will win for us. The problem will be if he gets hurt again, and they let him keep playing. That **** sucks. Orton got dinged last year against the Rams, and again against the chiefs, and he proceeded to be awful.

Oooooh thats got a "if a tree falls in the woods" feel to it...

How about "If a guy isn't a capable starter, is he still a starter?"

bendog
08-22-2011, 02:44 PM
This should be an interesting year in Chi. Only Cutler knows how much stability he had in the knee. Brees played with a torn mcl, but he had a custom brace.

TheReverend
Orton got dinged last year against the Rams, and again against the chiefs, and he proceeded to be awful.

PS. Don't act like that was the start of the "be awful"

Pick Six

JAKE! Welcome back...^5

OABB
08-22-2011, 02:46 PM
This should be an interesting year in Chi. Only Cutler knows how much stability he had in the knee. Brees played with a torn mcl, but he had a custom brace.

his knee should be fine. His brain, however, still is his brain.

DenverBroncosJM
08-22-2011, 02:47 PM

I had him last year myself. Orton as far a fantasy qb is not a bad option if you wait till later rounds he gets yards and td's they just happen at the wrong time.

Blueflame
08-22-2011, 02:48 PM
How does that change the statement? Brady got in because of injury and proved he was better. He started the next year. You just highlighted the point that they didn't waste time with the lesser QB...

How does your post "And when Tebow got that chance, he completely outplayed Orton. When that happens, it doesn't matter who the previous uears starter was, or why he was benched. Just ask Tom Brady." have any relevance whatsoever... why would asking Tom Brady be relevant at all... unless Bledsoe (the veteran player he was backing up the previous year) were still on the roster, losing the starting job to Brady? Given the fact that Bledsoe was with another team, your "point" is inane and irrelevant.

mkporter
08-22-2011, 02:48 PM
How about "If a guy isn't a capable starter, is he still a starter?"

Joe Mays is angry with you for asking that.

OABB
08-22-2011, 02:49 PM
I had him last year myself. Orton as far a fantasy qb is not a bad option if you wait till later rounds he gets yards and td's they just happen at the wrong time.

Orton is a great pickup if your league has a defensive player option. one point every time he sacks himself.

go_broncos
08-22-2011, 02:50 PM
**** you Fox..You will definitely pay the price for starting Orton..
you dont know **** about QBs. you started Jake in CAR and rightfully fired for that.
your days are numbered in Denver.
Go Broncos and GO Tebow.

bendog
08-22-2011, 02:53 PM
Orton is a great pickup if your league has a defensive player option. one point every time he sacks himself.

you're just like my wife. she criticizes me everytime I fall on my ass drunk.

ColoradoDarin
08-22-2011, 02:53 PM
Tebow should have been the returning starter from last year, I saw him (and the offense) outplay the performance of Orton with the offense.

EFX - liars, all of them. They said it was going to be a competition, but it wasn't. They gave Orton the job.

Oh well, Go Broncos. I hope we win regardless of who the QB is. I do think they're making a mistake, but that doesn't mean I'm rooting for anything other than Ws.

jhns
08-22-2011, 02:54 PM

This is why. Brady took the job from the injured starter. You are claiming that doesn't happen. Who cares what happened to the old starter after that? Most teams play the player that does better in live games, even if they only played because someone else got injured. My question to you is, how is it even relevant that Orton was the starter at the beginning of last season?

Do you really think they would have started Bledsoe if they didn't find a trade partner? I'm not getting why this changes what I am saying.

maher_tyler
08-22-2011, 02:55 PM
Let's go 8!!

mkporter
08-22-2011, 02:57 PM
PS. Don't act like that was the start of the "be awful"

Not an act. KC and Arizona were far and away his worst games last year. I'm not making the case that he was an all star otherwise, but he was no where near being our biggest problem until that point last year. Any rational take on the sum total of Orton's play last year falls pretty far away from awful. Awful describes our defense and running games last year, for reference.

Bob's your Information Minister
08-22-2011, 02:58 PM
SUPER BOWL!

TheReverend
08-22-2011, 02:59 PM
Not an act. KC and Arizona were far and away his worst games last year. I'm not making the case that he was an all star otherwise, but he was no where near being our biggest problem until that point last year. Any rational take on the sum total of Orton's play last year falls pretty far away from awful. Awful describes our defense and running games last year, for reference.

...Really?

What's your "rational take" on his play then?

Please expand.

bendog
08-22-2011, 02:59 PM
This is why. Brady took the job from the injured starter. You are claiming that doesn't happen. Who cares what happened to the old starter after that? Most teams play the player that does better in live games, even if they only played because someone else got injured. My question to you is, how is it even relevant that Orton was the starter at the beginning of last season?

No diss, but I think you sort of hit the nail on the head, though it's maybe not what you meant. The first two games are very winnable, assuming Den plays up to quality and doesn't make stupid mistakes. Tebow is very likely to do stupid stuff, and Orton less so. If Den won two games, and then went 1-11 or even 0-12 with Tebow, I'm not upset. If they go 2-3 into the bye and Orton is looking Ortonish, Fox has a legit reason to "go to the bullpen" to shake things up.

Dagmar
08-22-2011, 03:02 PM
SUPER BOWL!

24,626 posts on an opposing team's message board you sad fat ****er.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOm7cb64R4mT-KZC8Sj2eD1o0qYrUzyTajmxrRKx2RawdtWrs4vQ

Dedhed
08-22-2011, 03:04 PM
The first two games are very winnable

I'm hoping for two 7-0 wins with defensive TDs in each. Orton gets benched and we get to see the future.

Dedhed
08-22-2011, 03:05 PM
Tebow should have been the returning starter from last year, I saw him (and the offense) outplay the performance of Orton with the offense.

It was pretty clear to most that the team was better with Tebow starting.

TheReverend
08-22-2011, 03:05 PM
I'm hoping for two 7-0 wins with defensive TDs in each. Orton gets benched and we get to see the future.

I hope Orton plays great.

To keep perspective: I also hope nude Scarlett Johannson knocks on my door for sex tonight.

MacGruder
08-22-2011, 03:06 PM
It was pretty clear to most that the team was better with Tebow starting.

Why wasn't this clear to the players?

08-22-2011, 03:11 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/1g40mb.jpg

Blueflame
08-22-2011, 03:13 PM

The Orton-Tebow situation would be akin to the Bledsoe-Brady situation if the Orton trade had gone through. If Orton were with another team, then the perception would have been that Tebow would have been the presumptive starter... but the trade didn't happen, so there is no comparison between the two. Further differences between Brady and Tebow include:
Brady started 14 games filling in for an injured starter; not 3.

2. Brady's team won 11 games with him under center; not just 1.

3. Brady's team ended up 11-5 and made the playoffs; Tim's team went 4-12 and got the #2 overall draft pick.

4. Oh... and Brady's team won the SB too.

edited to add:

2002 numbers for Brady & Bledsoe:

375 of 610 for 4359 yards; 24 touchdowns, 15 INTs 86.0; team went 8-8
373 of 601 for 3764 yards; 28 touchdowns, 14 INTs 85.7; team went 9-7

Please tell me again just how clearly "better" one QB was than the other in Bledsoe's post-injury season. Because of age, Brady did have more "upside" but the Pats would not have been in bad shape had they kept Bledsoe as their starter either.

MplsBronco
08-22-2011, 03:13 PM
What happens when we are losing 17-13 late in the 4th quarter of the opener and Orton ****s the bed? This is what I see happening. It is going to be a friggen mess in Bronco Nation. The FO has botched this beyond belief.

Look, it's been said a hundred times, but we have a first round QB sitting on the bench that is NOT being given a chance (Tebow not Quinn). This FO is going to just piss away a first rounder with HUGE potential. The only sensible thing to do is to let Tebow play and see what you have. In doing this, I guess you alienate Orton so that he won't resign, but who cares. At this point, I am wondering when the extension happens.

mkporter
08-22-2011, 03:14 PM
...Really?

What's your "rational take" on his play then?

Please expand.

Pros:
-Solid understanding of the offense, and his progressions
-Smart with the football, doesn't throw many picks.
-Good short and intermediate accuracy.
-Adequate arm strength to make all necessary throws, including the deep ball.
-Very good in play action passing game

Cons:
-Slow footed, will take unnecessary sacks when he is pressured, and is little threat to gain yards on the ground.
-Does not set up screen plays well.

Here my two main points with Orton:
1) We were bad in the red zone last year because we did not have any semblance of a short yardage running game. This is not a shortcoming of Orton. Tebow was so successful in the red zone last year because he IS a short yardage running game unto himself. I think Orton will have more red zone success this year with an improved offensive line, McGahee, and less cutesy play calling.
2) Orton tries to be a tough guy and play through injuries which clearly limit his effectiveness. The coaches should have done a better job getting him out of the game(s) when he got injured, but Orton is prone to getting hurt because he doesn't move around well.

08-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Wow, imagine the fallout if Orton plays poorly this weekend.

Can the Donks even afford to let Tebow play with the 2's now? It could spark riots!

TheReverend
08-22-2011, 03:18 PM
Pros:
-Solid understanding of the offense, and his progressions
-Smart with the football, doesn't throw many picks.
-Good short and intermediate accuracy.
-Adequate arm strength to make all necessary throws, including the deep ball.
-Very good in play action passing game

Cons:
-Slow footed, will take unnecessary sacks when he is pressured, and is little threat to gain yards on the ground.
-Does not set up screen plays well.

Here my two main points with Orton:
1) We were bad in the red zone last year because we did not have any semblance of a short yardage running game. This is not a shortcoming of Orton. Tebow was so successful in the red zone last year because he IS a short yardage running game unto himself. I think Orton will have more red zone success this year with an improved offensive line, McGahee, and less cutesy play calling.
2) Orton tries to be a tough guy and play through injuries which clearly limit his effectiveness. The coaches should have done a better job getting him out of the game(s) when he got injured, but Orton is prone to getting hurt because he doesn't move around well.

Yeah, RZ scoring issues aren't a new problem for Orton...

And your "cons" are extremely poor. Frankly screens should be in his pros, but his list of cons is SUBSTANTIALLY longer than that...

Your pros are off also. What progression? Lloyd, reconsider Lloyd, dump off?

gunns
08-22-2011, 03:23 PM

In preseason....get real.

RZ has been a problem for the Broncos for a long time, not just Orton's problem, although his attributes, or lack of them, contribute. Tebow has success in the RZ because he runs. Make him a FB.

OABB
08-22-2011, 03:24 PM
In preseason....get real.

wow. not even going to pwn you here, because I feel sorry for you.

Shananahan
08-22-2011, 03:25 PM
What happens when we are losing 17-13 late in the 4th quarter of the opener and Orton ****s the bed?
http://i.imgur.com/qwtqc.gif

go_broncos
08-22-2011, 03:28 PM
not suprised as Fox started Jake Delhomme in the past.

tsiguy96
08-22-2011, 03:28 PM
tell me if youve seen this before:

go_broncos calling for the firing of the head coach before he even coaches a single game.

TheReverend
08-22-2011, 03:30 PM

I'd take Jake Delhomme in his prime over every one of the QBs on the roster 5x over.

MacGruder
08-22-2011, 03:31 PM
Someone needs to make an image with Orton fetaling and the quote "GAMER" on it.. then Fox looking on proudly...

Garcia Bronco
08-22-2011, 03:31 PM
No one ever ran the screen as good as Kyle Orton at Purdue. Dude can run a screen.

Archer81
08-22-2011, 03:32 PM

...Delhomme got Carolina to a superbowl. That kind of inspires loyalty...

go_broncos
08-22-2011, 03:39 PM
tell me if youve seen this before:

go_broncos calling for the firing of the head coach before he even coaches a single game.

Well..i am one of the few who told Mcd sucks and needs to be fired.
Fox needs to start Tebow.He is making a mistake by starting Orton.
He will fired after couple of seasons.

TheReverend
08-22-2011, 03:40 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/19/john-fox-accused-of-mutiny-in-carolina/

In a sense, this insane Panthers quarterback situation (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/18/panthers-to-start-brian-st-pierre-on-sunday/) feels familiar. “John Fox came up to me on Wednesday and said Vinny Testaverde did this three years ago,” sudden starter Brian St. Pierre said Thursday via the Rock Hill Herald. “I said, ‘Well, Vinny has a little better resume than I do.’ “
Even St. Pierre knows this situation is different. He was putting diapers (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/11/18/1849261/it-is-what-it-is-and-thats-mutiny.html#ixzz15juwuTuq) on his kid two weeks ago. He’s 30, and has thrown five career passes. Fox didn’t have much in the way of explanation of why St. Pierre got the call over rookie Tony Pike, who has been with the team since April

go_broncos
I'd take Jake Delhomme in his prime over every one of the QBs on the roster 5x over.
I am talking about the seasons where Fox was stubborn to start Jake though he didn't play well.

bendog
Tebow's always sort of reminded me of Delhomme. Delhomme's college offense didn't really get him ready for the NFL, but he had the arm, he was a gunslinger early on, and a gamer. He did two tours in NFL Europe, rode the bench with the saints for 2-3 years, and Fox gave him a shot.

mkporter
08-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Yeah, RZ scoring issues aren't a new problem for Orton...

And your "cons" are extremely poor. Frankly screens should be in his pros, but his list of cons is SUBSTANTIALLY longer than that...

Your pros are off also. What progression? Lloyd, reconsider Lloyd, dump off?

Receptions last year:
-Lloyd: 77
-Gaffney: 65
-Royal: 59
-Rbs: 77
-TEs: 27

Seems like a pretty decent distribution, but I'm no expert.

Orton's passer rating before he was hurt for the last two games he played: 96.0 (You'll have to trust me, as I calculated it by hand)

Let's remember here, the bar that you set was "awful." Not great, good, average, or even below average, but awful. I enjoyed getting to watch Tebow last year, and I'd like to see more of him this year, but I refuse to submit my opinions on either Orton or Tebow through the Broncos QB algorithm (also used for politics, hotness of celebrities, and BBQ/grilling techniques):

1) Form opinion
2) Exaggerate opinion by 10x
3) Multiply conviction by 15x
4) Post on internet

bendog
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/19/john-fox-accused-of-mutiny-in-carolina/

Lame. Read the comments to your own link.

gunns
wow. not even going to pwn you here, because I feel sorry for you.

Oh please do.

TailgateNut
08-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Well..i am one of the few who told Mcd sucks and needs to be fired.
Fox needs to start Tebow.He is making a mistake by starting Orton.
He will fired after couple of seasons.

You also said Tebows mechanics suck and we ****ed up by drafting him in the first round. Now, you're busy following the herd of Tebonites even though superchild hasn't improved his mechanics nor has a firm grasp of dealing with NFL caliber defenses and still runs like a scared chicken at the first sign of trouble.

You're a joke and a cheater (see last years pick-em). Nothing lower. (except whale **** at the bottom of the ocean)

Archer81
08-22-2011, 03:46 PM
You also said Tebows mechanics suck and we ****ed up by drafting him in the first round. Now, you're busy following the herd of Tebonites even though superchild hasn't improved his mechanics nor has a firm grasp of dealing with NFL caliber defenses and still runs like a scared chicken at the first sign of trouble.

You're a joke and a cheater (see last years pick-em). Nothing lower. (except whale **** at the bottom of the ocean)

Like other rookie and 2nd year quarterbacks...

go_broncos
08-22-2011, 03:48 PM
Fox and Elway are thinking Orton is a safe option.They are forgetting about Orton's history. When the pressure is more, Orton fails.
People learn once they experience. In this case, both of them will realize the mistake of starting Orton.Unfortunately, fans has to suffer in this process.

bendog
08-22-2011, 03:48 PM
Like other rookie and 2nd year quarterbacks...

yet why did he show up at camp with less mechanics that he seemed to show at the end of last year? The guys evaluating him, the OC and QB coach were carryovers who coached him last year.

Archer81
08-22-2011, 03:50 PM
yet why did he show up at camp with less mechanics that he seemed to show at the end of last year? The guys evaluating him, the OC and QB coach were carryovers who coached him last year.

If this is the crux of your counterargument then you lost it already. From what I have read and have seen for myself, his mechanics are the same as last season...which happens when you do not get work in with your coaching staff for 6 months.

Unless I missed something I thought our ex WR coach is the QB coach?

go_broncos
08-22-2011, 03:53 PM

Well..after watching how Tebow played the last 3 games.I changed my opinion.I remember you supported Mcd.What happened?
Do you still support him? LOL

Cheater..Hilarious!.it's funny that you call me cheater.The coach you supported is the biggest cheater.

you are fit to be fan of Mcd and Orton..Born losers.