PDA

View Full Version : FF Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

That One Guy
08-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Until we get the FF forum moved where people will actually visit it, I figured I'd take the lead and get a thread going for questions, comments, etc. I noticed one thread already heading FF centric so I figured a dedicated area was needed.

First comment: I had one league where we drafted before the 1st pre-season game (WTF?, right) and the league head guy is a good buddy of mine but he loves to F with everything. The rosters are like 25+ and scoring all the way down to + or - points for the density of the pre-game poo. It's ridiculous. Anyways, based off last year's numbers, he heavily overvalued the return game so I figured I'd play along and draft a ****ton of returnmen for all the positions. Little did I realize the new rules would completely eliminate KO returns which are obviously the bulk.

Something I'd like opinions on: First overall, who do ya take? I've seen Vick as a commonly mentioned name. I think he's iffy in that position even before you consider how he finished out last season. I don't follow the Eagles enough to know what exactly happened but the same player didn't show in both halves of last season. First half of the season Vick is a decent choice for #1 overall if your league settings support it. Second half, no way. I rode Foster to success last year but I'm always weary about those scenarios. Either because the team saw the issues in overloading a single back with too many carries and tries to committee it or the player just doesn't repeat for whatever reason. I've seen others like MJD, Jamaal Charles, etc in the conversation and think GTFO.

Final question: How hard are you guys knocking down Manning and Chris Johnson at this point. No indication either will be ready to go but both are easily top 10 players when healthy.

I know I'll be keeping some cards close to the vest because of the OM leagues but some FF chat doesn't give away the whole scheme.

Northman
08-21-2011, 07:44 PM
Vick will have a down year. Qb wise i would place your bets on Rodgers, Brees, or Brady.

Br0nc0Buster
08-21-2011, 07:45 PM
I dont think Ill be drafting Manning this year
and unless CJ falls to like the 6-8 range I prolly will avoid him as well
Vick could put up like 2003 Priest Holmes numbers, but his health concerns me

So yeah Im gonna go safe in the first couple rounds and try to find some sleepers in the mid and late rounds
I was able to steal Jamaal Charles last year in the 4th, and there are some guys I got my eye on that are not all that highly ranked

Jahvid Best for example

Br0nc0Buster
08-21-2011, 07:47 PM
Vick will have a down year. Qb wise i would place your bets on Rodgers, Brees, or Brady.

I really think Rivers and Romo could blow up this year

tsiguy96
08-21-2011, 07:49 PM
taking tebow with my 1st rounder

That One Guy
08-21-2011, 07:53 PM
I dont think Ill be drafting Manning this year
and unless CJ falls to like the 6-8 range I prolly will avoid him as well
Vick could put up like 2003 Priest Holmes numbers, but his health concerns me

So yeah Im gonna go safe in the first couple rounds and try to find some sleepers in the mid and late rounds
I was able to steal Jamaal Charles last year in the 4th, and there are some guys I got my eye on that are not all that highly ranked

Jahvid Best for example

Best is intriguing. I was reading some things about how he wouldn't be a good pick because Leshoure was going to be stealing a lot of his carries. Now Leshoure goes down but I'm still stuck trying to wrap my mind around the potential of a Lions RB that has regular health issues.

And I picked up both Charles and Arian Foster in rounds 4 and 6, respectively, last year. It was great. The lockout has so much more jumbled this year.

That One Guy
08-21-2011, 07:54 PM
taking tebow with my 1st rounder

I triple dog dare ya. :yayaya:

That One Guy
08-21-2011, 08:00 PM
One of my hidden thoughts I'll share because it intrigues me so much: I've been trying to figure out the answer to the STL WR mystery. They have some weapons and for a McD led offense, there's gonna be SOMEONE that racks up some points. Is it D. Alexander? He's been getting some great reviews since he had issues early in camp. Do they stick with their proven in Amendola who seems a low risk, low reward kinda guy? Does Mike Sims-Walker finally realize his potential? Then you still have Donnie Avery hanging in the wings as unrealized potential.

Or am I off my rocker and all these guys are gonna be looking like bums come regular season?

That One Guy
08-21-2011, 08:05 PM

Rodgers has been supposedly shaky in pre-season. He was my QB last year and I have to assume he'll be back up to form by the time it matters but it just depends on how much you read into these practice games.

The opposite is true for Rivers. Noone likes their usual crappy starts to the season but they've been rocking in pre-season so far. A sign of good things to come or will anyone who picks a Charger early be kicking themselves for the first quarter of the season, as usual?

HooptyHoops
08-21-2011, 08:08 PM
One of my hidden thoughts I'll share because it intrigues me so much: I've been trying to figure out the answer to the STL WR mystery. They have some weapons and for a McD led offense, there's gonna be SOMEONE that racks up some points. Is it D. Alexander? He's been getting some great reviews since he had issues early in camp. Do they stick with their proven in Amendola who seems a low risk, low reward kinda guy? Does Mike Sims-Walker finally realize his potential? Then you still have Donnie Avery hanging in the wings as unrealized potential.

Or am I off my rocker and all these guys are gonna be looking like bums come regular season?

With this line of thinking....how high are we all rating Sam Bradford in this McD offense?

ludo21
08-21-2011, 08:10 PM
Rams receivers are potential booms or busts to me. Especially if they go old school Patriot ball where everyone gets a few touches but no number 1

That One Guy
08-21-2011, 08:11 PM
With this line of thinking....how high are we all rating Sam Bradford in this McD offense?

I'll be cognizant of his position in all my drafts. That's all I'm saying.

That One Guy
08-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Rams receivers are potential booms or busts to me. Especially if they go old school Patriot ball where everyone gets a few touches but no number 1

And that's what I'm afraid of. Last year when the options were limited, Amendola was getting solid targets. Now they have a very solid receiving corps. You have the potential to go NE with everyone touching some and you have the potential to go with what we've seen the last few years in Denver where one player in particular was going to get his touches every damn week and especially when things go sour elsewhere on the team. I think someone like Sims-Walker (if he wins a starting position and actually plays to his potential) could be somewhere between the very respectable numbers Branch was putting up in NE back in the day and the one man Marshall/Lloyd shows we've seen more recently. I think if any of the others win the showdown and become the first read, we see a more balanced attack. Amendola being the exception but I just can't fathom an offense running through a guy like that. I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a Royal-esque nosedive this year.

RhymesayersDU
08-21-2011, 08:22 PM
I'm so behind on my FF stuff. I haven't even thought about it and I have drafts coming up. I'll be reading this thread to see what people are thinking. Should help.

HooptyHoops
08-21-2011, 08:23 PM
I'll be cognizant of his position in all my drafts. That's all I'm saying.

I'm not in the OM draft, but he is flying up my board....we play auction, so I think I can him for pretty cheap!

Paul Finebaum PWNS!
08-21-2011, 08:35 PM
I drafted these Broncos yesterday!!!Brandon Lloyd (6th round)Also...Tim Tebow, Von Miller, Elvis Dumervil, Matt Prater

HooptyHoops
08-21-2011, 08:38 PM
I drafted these Broncos yesterday!!!Brandon Lloyd (6th round)Also...Tim Tebow, Von Miller, Elvis Dumervil, Matt Prater

Wow, very optimistic about the Broncos heh? I am high on Lloyd still, but I don't know about the D yet....

That One Guy
08-21-2011, 08:42 PM

Lloyd in the 6th round? Very nice.

Tebow is wasting a spot until we have some indication he is going to start, Prater sounds solid, but Doom and Miller are both "meh" FF players unless you specifically need a DE in Doom's case. A SLB won't get the tackle numbers you could get from a MLB or WLB.

Miller sounds awesome but he won't be so awesome when it comes to FF. You'll have to stick to just cheering for him in real life.

Paul Finebaum PWNS!
08-21-2011, 08:44 PM
Lloyd in the 6th round? Very nice.

Tebow is wasting a spot until we have some indication he is going to start, Prater sounds solid, but Doom and Miller are both "meh" FF players unless you specifically need a DE in Doom's case. A SLB won't get the tackle numbers you could get from a MLB or WLB.

Miller sounds awesome but he won't be so awesome when it comes to FF. You'll have to stick to just cheering for him in real life.

Bull****. Miller and Dumervil are going to be heat seeking missles in Dennis Allen's blitz scheme. Double digit sacks galore!

Orange&BlueMohawk
08-21-2011, 09:36 PM
Brandon Lloyd will put up good numbers for ya. But don't forget Orton. Without him Brandon is nothing (jerking off motion).

Orton will put up great numbers for ya. He just won't win you any games.

robbieopperude
08-22-2011, 05:18 AM
Here are my thoughts.
Michael Vick was by far and away the best player on a per game basis last year. Even if he comes down by 5 pts per game he will still be the top QB in the league. So if your league favors QB' in anyway you go Vick number 1.

Arian Foster is going to have another big year and should be the pick over AP. Chris Johnson should go 3rd in standard leagues or Vick if you want your QB.

I agree on Bradford. Big time sleeper this year who will likely outscore Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, and other QB's who are more recognized as fringe Top 10 QB's.

Manning may slip to the end of RD 3. Do your research and gobble him up earlier than that and laugh your way to a playoff birth.

Brandon Loyd will not have 1400 yards or 10 TD's in Fox's offense and I have no idea how much of a time share McGahee and Moreno are going to have so I am not touching either of them.

I like Felix Jones as a sleeper RB who could break out with 10 or more TD's. He could also get injured by week 4 so buyer beware on him.

HooptyHoops
08-22-2011, 08:36 AM
I'm high on Bradford and Stafford for QB's to surprise! Also agree about not touching Moreno or McGahee, yet, I believe we could all be in a for a treat watching them...just don't know who the heck is going to get the touches!

That One Guy
08-22-2011, 02:51 PM
Bull****. Miller and Dumervil are going to be heat seeking missles in Dennis Allen's blitz scheme. Double digit sacks galore!

Hopefully they are but you get your defensive points off tackles and return yardage. Sacks, INTs, etc. are bonus but if you get 1 pt for a tackle and 2 for a sack, you'd need 50 sacks to get the 100 points a good MLB or WLB could get you. Figure one of those DEs might get 20 or 30 tackles if you're lucky and that number drops all the way down to 35-40 sacks. No thanks.

That One Guy
08-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Here are my thoughts.
Michael Vick was by far and away the best player on a per game basis last year. Even if he comes down by 5 pts per game he will still be the top QB in the league. So if your league favors QB' in anyway you go Vick number 1.

Arian Foster is going to have another big year and should be the pick over AP. Chris Johnson should go 3rd in standard leagues or Vick if you want your QB.

I agree on Bradford. Big time sleeper this year who will likely outscore Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, and other QB's who are more recognized as fringe Top 10 QB's.

Manning may slip to the end of RD 3. Do your research and gobble him up earlier than that and laugh your way to a playoff birth.

Brandon Loyd will not have 1400 yards or 10 TD's in Fox's offense and I have no idea how much of a time share McGahee and Moreno are going to have so I am not touching either of them.

I like Felix Jones as a sleeper RB who could break out with 10 or more TD's. He could also get injured by week 4 so buyer beware on him.

Are you figuring CJ will report soon? Bud Adams had a quote over the weekend that sounded like he was done worrying about the guy. Something to the effect of "If he doesn't want to show up, that's on him, but the fines are mounting up".

Paul Finebaum PWNS!
08-23-2011, 03:22 AM
Hopefully they are but you get your defensive points off tackles and return yardage. Sacks, INTs, etc. are bonus but if you get 1 pt for a tackle and 2 for a sack, you'd need 50 sacks to get the 100 points a good MLB or WLB could get you. Figure one of those DEs might get 20 or 30 tackles if you're lucky and that number drops all the way down to 35-40 sacks. No thanks.

Sacks are worth more than two points in my league so your entire post is a moot point.

That One Guy
08-23-2011, 06:29 AM
Sacks are worth more than two points in my league so your entire post is a moot point.

Well details like that are significant.

Chris
08-23-2011, 08:39 AM
What's the feeling on top flight RBs this year? Same as it ever was? I see a lot of samey-ness...

Mediator12
08-23-2011, 08:49 AM
What's the feeling on top flight RBs this year? Same as it ever was? I see a lot of samey-ness...

RB's are always changing. Especially in the new 2 back NFL. It makes me hate some parts of FF because RB's are drafted first like when FF started back in the eighties. They are of LESS value to a team than ever and they are still the cream of the crop for FF. QB's, WR's, and TE's are much more valuable to teams who routinely change Starting RB's every other year IMHO.

The guys who play more snaps and get more carries are always up in the air and they get injured a lot too.

That One Guy
08-23-2011, 08:51 AM

The lack of true number ones continues to cause problems. Pick a RB first has been the basic FF dogma since its inception but it's not so easy anymore. Now you have to assess a RBs skill, his OL, and the RBs behind him - particularly if it's a guy lacking size and there's a vulture behind him.

That's my problem with the high rankings they're giving people like Charles. Sure, he'll get a lot of stats, but Thomas Jones still isn't anything to sneeze at. One that I thought might be worth looking into was Beanie Wells since everyone behind him has gone down but he's not really proven and, based off last season's stats, has a terribly hard schedule this year. Same with DET where everyone but Best has gone down.

If CJ ends his f'ing holdout soon, he's still gotta be in the conversation for tops based on pure reliability. I'm higher on Peterson than general rankings but lower on Foster, as I've mentioned. Worth keeping an eye on is whether Gore is actually requesting a trade.

DenverBroncosJM
08-23-2011, 08:53 AM
Im really struggling with my pick I have the second pick in a ten teamer with IDP's.

If A. Foster is there I take him but if he goes first Im struggling with Vick or A Peterson. I need to nail a point whore at 2 because I dont get another pick for what 16 more picks.

Because its IDP I am thinking of going WLB and MLB early. like second and third round. It seems like last year I got burned by defense on points a lot.

That One Guy
08-23-2011, 09:02 AM
Im really struggling with my pick I have the second pick in a ten teamer with IDP's.

If A. Foster is there I take him but if he goes first Im struggling with Vick or A Peterson. I need to nail a point whore at 2 because I dont get another pick for what 16 more picks.

Because its IDP I am thinking of going WLB and MLB early. like second and third round. It seems like last year I got burned by defense on points a lot.

The priority of picks should always be based on the rate of decline from one tier to the next. If you pick the OMFG! MLB out there, you may average 2 points per week better than the 12th best. If you pick the OMFG QB, you may average 7-8 points better than the 12th best. Then you consider the positions where you're gonna need more and if you somehow manage 2 of the top 10 RBs (assuming your league does 2 per team), that'll mean the top 24 RBs are being played (presumably) at any given time. The difference in two top 10 RBs vs a top 10 and a top 25 could be upwards of 10 points per week.

Then consider the ease of which you can get a serviceable MLB or WLB tackling machine once the season starts and it's just not worth building a team around the defensive players.

Chris
08-23-2011, 09:23 AM
So in essence you guys would still draft RB in round 1?

I'm not convinced Vick will have such a "boss" season this year... I figure if you want a top flight QB it's a rd 2 pick..

That One Guy
08-23-2011, 09:41 AM
So in essence you guys would still draft RB in round 1?

I'm not convinced Vick will have such a "boss" season this year... I figure if you want a top flight QB it's a rd 2 pick..

It really depends on your league. There's so many positions and so much flex that it can change greatly. There used to be a pretty standard roster template but in one league, I think I had to draft 6 or 7 WRs. Obviously WR moved up the scale some as by the end of it, you were stuck picking guys you'd never heard of.

If your league is standard scoring and roster, MY opinion is that RB is still first IF you're in the top half of round one AND if you can find a true stud RB you believe in. I don't necessarily believe in Vick too high but the conversation does get more intriguing if you're stuck with that number one and don't believe in any RBs. As you get lower in the round, you're able to open yourself up more because not as much rides on the single pick. He who picks #1 overall (in a ten team league) gets 1 of the top 19 players. He who picks 10th gets 2 of the top 11 players. I'd much rather that 10th slot, personally.

Oh, and as for QB, I think you basically have Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Vick, Rivers... and then everyone else. If I don't get one of those top guys, I'll risk picking one when he hits BPA and being comfortable in my decision. This is assuming Peyton is still gonna be hurt indefinitely, of course.

vonqkilla
08-23-2011, 11:01 AM
Still need 2, anyone interested pm me.

robbieopperude
08-23-2011, 11:23 AM
Are you figuring CJ will report soon? Bud Adams had a quote over the weekend that sounded like he was done worrying about the guy. Something to the effect of "If he doesn't want to show up, that's on him, but the fines are mounting up".

I can't see CJ skipping game paychecks. He hasn't cashed a big contract yet. If I was the Titans owner I would honestly start checking what the market would be for him.

Chris
08-24-2011, 08:59 AM
Where do you guys think Lloyd will drop? I see him as being undervalued... but he's so good... is he worth a rd 2 pick? Who do you have ahead of him as a WR?

mkporter
08-24-2011, 09:07 AM
Brandon Loyd will not have 1400 yards or 10 TD's in Fox's offense

Steve Smith shakes his head...

That One Guy
08-24-2011, 09:36 AM
I think Lloyd's stats will be inversely proportional to the team's overall success. The ideal plan is a more balanced approach with the run game. Assume that succeeds, Lloyd's stats decline. Then figure they'd prefer to spread the ball around more and feel comfortable with folks since they were comfortable dealing Gaff. That'd also decline his stats. But, however, we know he is the security blanket for Orton so when things go south, his stats should increase.

I'd definitely have Fitzgerald, Johnson, Roddy White, and probably VJackson higher. I've seen arguments for folks like Miles Austin over him but don't quite buy it. If I were more confident in Orton pushing the ball down the field late in losing games a bit more, I'd be higher but personally wouldn't expect his stats to drop a whole lot. I expect more WRs to hit 1400 YDS this year than last though so just like others more rather than disliking him. If compared to a Calvin Johnson, I take Lloyd and don't look back.

Chris
08-24-2011, 09:55 AM
Thanks. Please clarify one thing

"I'd definitely have Fitzgerald, Johnson"

vs

"If compared to a Calvin Johnson, I take Lloyd and don't look back."

srphoenix
08-24-2011, 10:00 AM
I'd go fitz, megatron, roddy, gred jennings all over lloyd, just for the fact that they've all been much more consistent over the years. Also you can probably draft lloyd a round or 2 after those guys.

MVP-06
08-24-2011, 10:33 AM
Grade my draft if you would like. We held this draft before the preseason started. It's a 12 team non ppr league. QB's get 6 pts. for td's, 1 pt. every 25 yds passing. rb's 1 pt. every 10 rushing. I picked from the 6th spot in a snake draft.

QB- Vick
RB- Moreno
RB- Shonn Greene
WR- Mike Wallace
WR- Greg Jennings
TE- Jimmy Graham
Def- Bears
K- Prater
be- Tolbert
be- michael bush
be- percy harvin
be- T. Gonzalez
be- rashad jennings
be- jerome simpson
be- stever breaston
be- Cutler (gulp)

DENVERDUI55
08-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Steve Smith shakes his head...

Smith put up pretty good numbers under Fox BTW.

That One Guy
08-24-2011, 03:19 PM
Thanks. Please clarify one thing

"I'd definitely have Fitzgerald, Johnson"

vs

"If compared to a Calvin Johnson, I take Lloyd and don't look back."

Sorry. First statement was the Andre variety. Not because he'll necessarily be the receiving king but because you can bet your balls that you wont get a 900 yard season barring catastrophe. As long as he's playing (even if hobbled), he's going to get you decent numbers. If he could stay healthy, then you're talking receiving king again.

That One Guy
08-24-2011, 03:22 PM
I'd go fitz, megatron, roddy, gred jennings all over lloyd, just for the fact that they've all been much more consistent over the years. Also you can probably draft lloyd a round or 2 after those guys.

Finley kinda knocks down Jennings for me. Without looking specifically, I seem to remember Finley getting a lot of balls and impacting him.

Still good but I think a lower tier. Even without Finley, GB always has a deep WR corps. I recall being impressed when Jennings first came onto the scene but I seem to have cooled on him. Maybe I'm overlooking him.

serious hops
08-24-2011, 03:48 PM
Where do you guys think Lloyd will drop? I see him as being undervalued... but he's so good... is he worth a rd 2 pick? Who do you have ahead of him as a WR?

Here's a REALLY useful site.

http://www.mockdraftcentral.com/index.jsp

Use their Average Draft Position index to guage where players are being taken. Lloyd's current ADP is 42, which is obviously the beginning of the 4th round in a ten-team league. So, while he may prove to be worth a 2nd round pick, I certainly wouldn't take him there. Actually, I rarely ever take a receiver in the 2nd regardless, but if you do want one there, take Roddy White and see if you can still get Lloyd later-- you know it won't work the other way around. Granted, you may have to reach a little if you're drafting with other Broncos fans, but I wouldn't do it-- sit back and take Greg Jennings or Mike Wallace if somebody overpays for Lloyd. Understanding approximately where others have players rated is the key to getting value-- you have to play other people's rankings as much as your own.

In regards to running backs, don't let anyone scare you off. The lack of quality depth at the position underscores the need to draft them early. You can win with Matt Schaub as your QB, or Santonio Holmes as your WR2. It's really tough to win with LeGarrette Blount and Marshawn Lynch as your running backs, which is what you're going to have if you don't take a back with at least one of your top two picks.

I do agree that Vick gets really tempting after the top three backs are off the board, but I wouldn't touch him before then. You take Foster or Peterson at #1, you'll still have a chance at a QB like Brady, Romo, maybe Rivers at the end of the second-- that's a good combo. You take Vick at #1, you're going to end up with someone like McFadden, Blount or Shonn Green as your top back. And that's the real reason people don't take QBs high in the first.

That One Guy
08-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Here's a REALLY useful site.

http://www.mockdraftcentral.com/index.jsp

Use their Average Draft Position index to guage where players are being taken. Lloyd's current ADP is 42, which is obviously the beginning of the 4th round in a ten-team league. So, while he may prove to be worth a 2nd round pick, I certainly wouldn't take him there. Actually, I rarely ever take a receiver in the 2nd regardless, but if you do want one there, take Roddy White and see if you can still get Lloyd later-- you know it won't work the other way around. Granted, you may have to reach a little if you're drafting with other Broncos fans, but I wouldn't do it-- sit back and take Greg Jennings or Mike Wallace if somebody overpays for Lloyd. Understanding approximately where others have players rated is the key to getting value-- you have to play other people's rankings as much as your own.

In regards to running backs, don't let anyone scare you off. The lack of quality depth at the position underscores the need to draft them early. You can win with Matt Schaub as your QB, or Santonio Holmes as your WR2. It's really tough to win with LeGarrette Blount and Marshawn Lynch as your running backs, which is what you're going to have if you don't take a back with at least one of your top two picks.

I do agree that Vick gets really tempting after the top three backs are off the board, but I wouldn't touch him before then. You take Foster or Peterson at #1, you'll still have a chance at a QB like Brady, Romo, maybe Rivers at the end of the second-- that's a good combo. You take Vick at #1, you're going to end up with someone like McFadden, Blount or Shonn Green as your top back. And that's the real reason people don't take QBs high in the first.

Great input. The problem I have with RBs right now is that there's about a half dozen truly worth an emphasis. After that, you'll basically get your pick if you think a Deangelo Williams will dominate his role or maybe you think Beanie Wells will actually succeed. You have Peterson and Foster in the first tier for me. After that, you have a tier where I include players like Charles, MJD, maybe Ray Rice, etc. Those players will get you some solid points but they are less certainty. I'm probably missing some names but anyone below that level, really, and I'm feeling like I'm reaching at RB. In those scenarios, QBs start to really come into play. There's an echelon to them just the same as the RBs. The difference is that you can find RBs that pick up mid-season and start to perform well. If you start the season with ****ty QBs, you're stuck with a bad one all season long, most likely. Maybe, at best, you can get by playing on matchups but I consider the passing game the dependent variable in that scenario so it's unreliable.

Pontius Pirate
08-24-2011, 08:10 PM
OH HELL YEAH CHECK OUT MY WEINER!

I have been on a mock draft tear the past couple days. I have the #7 pick and intend to take Vick first if he falls to me. In all my mock drafts, he has fallen to me. Someone picked Rodgers before me once.

With Vick, and given the top tier of RB's gone, I then focus on two awesome WR's. I then go to RB's, and take the next three available. I then round out with my TE, another QB, Kicker and Defense last.

Defense last? Wha? Yessir. Defense last. Defense is a total crapshoot. I plan to just play whomever has the best match-up week-to-week off the waiver wire.

YEAH WEINERS!!!!

That One Guy
08-24-2011, 08:13 PM
OH HELL YEAH CHECK OUT MY WEINER!

I have been on a mock draft tear the past couple days. I have the #7 pick and intend to take Vick first if he falls to me. In all my mock drafts, he has fallen to me. Someone picked Rodgers before me once.

With Vick, and given the top tier of RB's gone, I then focus on two awesome WR's. I then go to RB's, and take the next three available. I then round out with my TE, another QB, Kicker and Defense last.

Defense last? Wha? Yessir. Defense last. Defense is a total crapshoot. I plan to just play whomever has the best match-up week-to-week off the waiver wire.

YEAH WEINERS!!!!

If you think Vick is going to do well, it's hard to argue with the logic of grabbing him up. It wouldn't surprise me to see him succeed but it wouldn't surprise me to see him flop, either. I'm not buying the kool aid but I can definitely understand the pick.

Agreed on D. Playing the matchups are about as sound as picking a good team and just holding your breath through the few tough games they'll play.

If you're taking that risk with the RBs, you better have some sleepers in mind. That's a risky route to start looking RB in rounds 4-5+ but it can definitely be done.

Pontius Pirate
08-24-2011, 08:24 PM
If you think Vick is going to do well, it's hard to argue with the logic of grabbing him up. It wouldn't surprise me to see him succeed but it wouldn't surprise me to see him flop, either. I'm not buying the kool aid but I can definitely understand the pick.

Agreed on D. Playing the matchups are about as sound as picking a good team and just holding your breath through the few tough games they'll play.

If you're taking that risk with the RBs, you better have some sleepers in mind. That's a risky route to start looking RB in rounds 4-5+ but it can definitely be done.

With this strategy, so far I've been able to regularly pick up Deangelo Williams, Ryan Grant, Ryan Matthews, Legarette Blount, Marshawn, Peyton, Shonn Greene, BJGE, Felix Jones....and occasionally RB's like Frank Gore, Rashard, or Ahmad will fall to me.

Those are all 2nd tier RB's, but a team with Vick, Andre Johnson, Hakeem Nicks, those guys, and another good WR/RB or two...championship

Hercules Rockefeller
08-24-2011, 08:26 PM
Thoughts?

Picked 5th out of 12, no 1st round pick because my keeper was Ray Rice

4 pts passing TD and .25 pts for a reception

QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, K, Def

Josh Freeman
Eli Manning

Ray Rice
Michael Turner
Johnathan Stewart
CJ Spiller

Hakeem Nicks
Miles Austin
Kenny Britt
Malcom Floyd
Johnny Knox

Greg Olsen
Tony Moeaki

Alex Henery

Saints

That One Guy
08-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Thoughts?

Picked 5th out of 12, no 1st round pick because my keeper was Ray Rice

4 pts passing TD and .25 pts for a reception

QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, K, Def

Josh Freeman
Eli Manning

Ray Rice
Michael Turner
Johnathan Stewart
CJ Spiller

Hakeem Nicks
Miles Austin
Kenny Britt
Malcom Floyd
Johnny Knox

Greg Olsen
Tony Moeaki

Alex Henery

Saints

Decent.

I worry that the Spiller pick is a wasted pick. Sounds like even when they tried to force the starting job down his throat, he just gagged on it until they finally relented.

I don't know about the Britt situation. If he's not facing any suspension, those top 3 WRs are pretty awesome.

I don't really have an opinion on Turner but I've seen a lot of people down on him this year. I'm following their lead on him but if that's to be accepted, that 2nd RB slot could be "meh" but respectable.

Henery is supposed to be badass but I know nothing of him. Again, following the lead.

Olson and Moeaki... not sure what I think about them. No real opinion is jumping out.

Overall, keep watching the waiver wire and stay on top of your team. It isn't a 'set it and forget it' team as it'll need to be patched here and there throughout the season but you have a very decent foundation.

That One Guy
08-24-2011, 08:40 PM
With this strategy, so far I've been able to regularly pick up Deangelo Williams, Ryan Grant, Ryan Matthews, Legarette Blount, Marshawn, Peyton, Shonn Greene, BJGE, Felix Jones....and occasionally RB's like Frank Gore, Rashard, or Ahmad will fall to me.

Those are all 2nd tier RB's, but a team with Vick, Andre Johnson, Hakeem Nicks, those guys, and another good WR/RB or two...championship

Hard to argue with that.

RhymesayersDU
08-24-2011, 08:41 PM
http://systemcentercentral.com/Portals/0/VivoIndexItem/Index59222/WLW-Essentials2010ImprovementsUpdateManageme_5557-image_thumb_1.png

Hercules Rockefeller
08-24-2011, 08:42 PM
Thanks.

I think I took Spiller in the 11th or 12th, so it was a "**** it, I'll roll the dice" pick.

RhymesayersDU
08-24-2011, 08:47 PM
Doing a live mock draft on ESPN right now. Pretty cool, good practice.

mwill07
08-24-2011, 08:56 PM
I have one rule for fantasy football...never draft a raider. Last time I had a raider on my team was 2001 (Tyrone Wheatley), and I still feel dirty. Never again.

That One Guy
08-24-2011, 09:01 PM
I have one rule for fantasy football...never draft a raider. Last time I had a raider on my team was 2001 (Tyrone Wheatley), and I still feel dirty. Never again.

I think people who claim they can draft an opposing player but not root for them are full of it. The only ones I'll believe are those who bench their players when they play the Broncos to avoid the conflict. Otherwise, if you have the player, you're gonna root for them. I try to avoid drafting rival players because it makes the division games better.

RhymesayersDU
08-24-2011, 09:06 PM
I think people who claim they can draft an opposing player but not root for them are full of it. The only ones I'll believe are those who bench their players when they play the Broncos to avoid the conflict. Otherwise, if you have the player, you're gonna root for them. I try to avoid drafting rival players because it makes the division games better.

I rationalize it as an individual's stats don't necessarily indicate a winning score. But I can tell you at least for me, I'll keep a guy in but I'll be rooting for the Broncos. Kind of a "I can't affect it one way or the other" deal.

Which I realize sounds like B.S., but my allegiance is to the Broncos. Many times I've said "**** fantasy football, go Broncos" in close games with various players, in division and out.

mwill07
08-24-2011, 09:07 PM

yup. at various times, I've rostered Gates, Gonzalez, Tomlinson, Vincent Jackson, Priest Holmes, etc. When they play the Broncos, I've always felt torn...i.e. hoping that player can have a good day but the team loose. It's not a fun spot to be in, and if I'm not having fun, I'm out.

I also try to avoid Bronco players because it's hard for me to evaluate them honestly. It's difficult to take a cold, hard look at the facts in front of you, and separate from what you want to have. Every year I'm very optimistic about the Broncos, and very rarely have things worked out the way I hoped they would.

serious hops
08-24-2011, 09:07 PM

I don't have any scruples about it. . . but nonetheless, I won't draft any of them. Simply because they don't have anyone worth drafting.*

*Theoretically, McFadden would be the one possible exception. I would draft him at the right spot-- he won't be available there in any league I draft in, so problem solved.

I did my WR cheatsheet last night-- 55 spots, and not a Raider on it. No point bothering with any of them. I imagine they'll be available on the waiver wire of almost any league not based out of a California correctional institution.

mwill07
08-24-2011, 09:09 PM
I don't have any scruples about it. . . but nonetheless, I won't draft any of them. Simply because they don't have anyone worth drafting.*

*Theoretically, McFadden would be the one possible exception. I would draft him at the right spot-- he won't be available there in any league I draft in, so problem solved.

I did my WR cheatsheet last night-- 55 spots, and not a Raider on it. No point bothering with any of them. I imagine they'll be available on the waiver wire of almost any league not based out of a California correctional institution.
yeah, the fact that they suck has made it pretty easy to hold onto this rule.

serious hops
08-24-2011, 09:16 PM
I won't lie, no way I'm benching someone like Rivers or Jackson against the Broncos. Doesn't mean I won't root like hell against them, cuss and throw shiat at the TV if they score-- I do, FF's not that important-- but I'll be damned if my FF team's going to suffer if the ****in' Broncos are soft as hell on D yet again. It's their own fault if they are, not mine.

I'm holding out hope for option C, we actually have a good defense and I can legitimately sit guys against Denver. I'm going with that until they pry it from my stiff, dead fingers.

:bronxrox:

Chris
08-24-2011, 09:34 PM
hops do you pay for that site or are you getting what you need from the free version?

serious hops
08-24-2011, 10:06 PM
hops do you pay for that site or are you getting what you need from the free version?

Unless it's changed from past years, everything I need (the ADP charts and the mock drafts) is free.

And if not, KFFL also has ADP charts, both "all positions included" and sorted by individual position. And that's definitely free.

http://www.kffl.com/static/programs/football/average-draft-position/

Chris
08-24-2011, 10:33 PM
it's free you just have to register. cheers.

ozomulsion
08-24-2011, 11:29 PM
1. RB - Arian Foster, HOU 1.29
2. RB - Adrian Peterson, MIN 2.07
3. RB - Chris Johnson, TEN 3.56
4. RB - Jamaal Charles, KC 4.23
5. RB - Rashard Mendenhall, PIT 6.45
6. RB - Maurice Jones-Drew, JAX 7.57
7. QB - Michael Vick, PHI 7.83
8. RB - Ray Rice, BAL 8.85
9. RB - LeSean McCoy, PHI 9.43
10. RB - Michael Turner, ATL 9.92
? Hmm Interesting...

I'm glad I read this before my draft. Good to know people will be taking non goal line backs (Jamal Charles, LeSean McCoy) so early. I consider these backs Home Run Hitters, and don't feel comfortable picking them that high. Example: That one year DeAngelo Williams scored an absurd amount of touchdowns for a non goal line back. The next years draft he was going 4th like Charles. That didn't work out well, and there's always a good chance it won't. That's the first and most drastic example that popped into my head. Too much risk for such a high pick, IMO.

serious hops
08-25-2011, 12:19 AM
While there's some legitimacy to the concern, I wouldn't avoid LeSean because of it. Throw in the receiving numbers, and Westbrook was close to (usually into) double digit TDs for a solid stretch of years. The offense isn't that much different, and I personally think McCoy's as tough an inside runner pound for pound as Westbrook. And like Westy, I expect him to be a threat to score in the passing game. The Eagles run tons of screens, and Vick's scrambling leads to dump-offs.

I agree, it's not ideal. But if you take Mendenhall or Michael Turner, you're losing all that receiving production for a handful of rushing TDs, most likely. And why take Steven Jackson or Frank Gore in the first when they're going in the second in most leagues? I do have Mendenhall a spot ahead of McCoy, so I'd say he's probably your guy if you can get him. Jones-Drew scares me this year-- I wouldn't think about taking him in the first. Down to five TDs last year, Jennings comin' on strong behind him, possible rookie QB at some point, not much in terms of outside receivers. . . and more to the point, I think the sawed-off little ball of hate made it through last year purely on piss and determination. Maybe he has one more big campaign left in those knees, but I'm like the Eagles personnel department of fantasy football-- I'd rather pass on the guy a year early than take him in the first a year late.

HooptyHoops
08-25-2011, 08:19 AM
RB's are always changing. Especially in the new 2 back NFL. It makes me hate some parts of FF because RB's are drafted first like when FF started back in the eighties. They are of LESS value to a team than ever and they are still the cream of the crop for FF. QB's, WR's, and TE's are much more valuable to teams who routinely change Starting RB's every other year IMHO.

The guys who play more snaps and get more carries are always up in the air and they get injured a lot too.

Yep, the league I play in has 5 flex positions, which can be a RB or WR....last year I won the whole thing with 5 WR's and no RB's. It will be interesting this year how high(we play Auction) people are going to pay for those top RB's vs top WR's.....

Chris
08-25-2011, 08:26 AM
I do think weighting the points more heavily at RB is unfair because ultimately what are you testing in FF... the guy that drafts best / grabs players off the waiver wire fastest or the guy that can find the best players period?

When you open it up to being more balanced point-wise I think you're rewarding people that know their stuff, not the people first out of the gate.

HooptyHoops
08-25-2011, 08:52 AM
Finley kinda knocks down Jennings for me. Without looking specifically, I seem to remember Finley getting a lot of balls and impacting him.

Still good but I think a lower tier. Even without Finley, GB always has a deep WR corps. I recall being impressed when Jennings first came onto the scene but I seem to have cooled on him. Maybe I'm overlooking him.

Does Finley belong in the same tier as Gates, Clark and Witten? I'm also intrigued with V. Davis in the new coaching regime.

Smiling Assassin27
08-25-2011, 08:58 AM
Does Finley belong in the same tier as Gates, Clark and Witten? I'm also intrigued with V. Davis in the new coaching regime.

Yes.

Rodgers is gonna wear Jermichael out this year, if he can stay healthy.

That One Guy
08-25-2011, 09:11 AM

Gates isn't high on my list at all because the lingering injuries are almost a constant at this point.

I wouldn't touch a Colt this year. Without Manning, they're going to bomb.

Finley and Witten are clearly tops though I think almost as high of a few less notable people.

Can you give any more details on Davis and why you think he'll do better?

ozomulsion
08-25-2011, 11:27 AM
While there's some legitimacy to the concern, I wouldn't avoid LeSean because of it. Throw in the receiving numbers, and Westbrook was close to (usually into) double digit TDs for a solid stretch of years. The offense isn't that much different, and I personally think McCoy's as tough an inside runner pound for pound as Westbrook. And like Westy, I expect him to be a threat to score in the passing game. The Eagles run tons of screens, and Vick's scrambling leads to dump-offs.

I agree, it's not ideal. But if you take Mendenhall or Michael Turner, you're losing all that receiving production for a handful of rushing TDs, most likely. And why take Steven Jackson or Frank Gore in the first when they're going in the second in most leagues? I do have Mendenhall a spot ahead of McCoy, so I'd say he's probably your guy if you can get him. Jones-Drew scares me this year-- I wouldn't think about taking him in the first. Down to five TDs last year, Jennings comin' on strong behind him, possible rookie QB at some point, not much in terms of outside receivers. . . and more to the point, I think the sawed-off little ball of hate made it through last year purely on piss and determination. Maybe he has one more big campaign left in those knees, but I'm like the Eagles personnel department of fantasy football-- I'd rather pass on the guy a year early than take him in the first a year late.

I notice you didn't defend taking Charles early during any
of your observations. I guess I pretty much agree with what you said about McCoy. He looks like he's trying out for Dancing With the Stars on most running plays though. He's a pretty crappy goal line back for that reason, and he just doesn't often run as strong as he looks. Worse than lil Westbrook on the goal line. With that said. The receiving does make up for most of those deficiencies.

Smiling Assassin27
08-25-2011, 12:18 PM
I wouldn't touch a Colt this year. Without Manning, they're going to bomb.

You may suffer early but when Melon Head gets back, you'll be just fine, IMO. Hell, Manning throws on just about every down. Now if you don't see him back by week 5 or so, you might start looking at the waiver wire.

Smiling Assassin27
08-25-2011, 12:19 PM
Finley and Witten are clearly tops though I think almost as high of a few less notable people.

Watch Graham in New Orleans. He might be their equal.

Chris
08-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Where would you draft Manning at this point?

I think Colt McCoy could be a steal

Pontius Pirate
08-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Where would you draft Manning at this point?

I think Colt McCoy could be a steal

I think I would take Eli before Peyton.

Really, if you're taking Peyton, you'd take him as a #1. The top tier is: Vick, Rodgers, Brady, and Brees. Peyton would be in there if there was no concerns. But pulling in Kerry Collins right now makes me keep him out of that top tier for now. That means I would wait on Peyton. He falls to round 5-7 for me. And QB is a position that I plan to go all-in on. I will take someone in the top tier within the first couple rounds.

I would take Bradford or Stafford before McCoy.

vonqkilla
08-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Manning in my auction draft, $200 budget, getting $5 bid.

Snake draft for suckas. But I wouldnt take him til 7th rd if at all.

Browns qbs, lol. Dont be fooled. Better run alot of pa for Colt. Those wr need to be 1 on 1 cuz they suck.

If you want a value qb late go with cassel or orton. I think cam newton deserves waiver wire or flyer consideration late, look at tebow last year.

That One Guy
08-25-2011, 10:33 PM
Manning in my auction draft, $200 budget, getting $5 bid.

Snake draft for suckas. But I wouldnt take him til 7th rd if at all.

Browns qbs, lol. Dont be fooled. Better run alot of pa for Colt. Those wr need to be 1 on 1 cuz they suck.

If you want a value qb late go with cassel or orton. I think cam newton deserves waiver wire or flyer consideration late, look at tebow last year.

I was just coming in to comment that any slight consideration I was giving to picking a Panther is gone after the few faint reports I've read tonight. Everything says their OL got worked hard and with Mr. 'I just went 6-19 in a preseason game' as their QB, opposing Ds can play aggressive and dare him to beat them. I could see that O grinding to a halt.

I've heard people high on Deangelo Williams but I don't think I'll be going that direction in my leagues.

serious hops
08-26-2011, 01:43 AM
I was just coming in to comment that any slight consideration I was giving to picking a Panther is gone after the few faint reports I've read tonight. Everything says their OL got worked hard and with Mr. 'I just went 6-19 in a preseason game' as their QB, opposing Ds can play aggressive and dare him to beat them. I could see that O grinding to a halt.

I've heard people high on Deangelo Williams but I don't think I'll be going that direction in my leagues.

I'll draft Deangelo if I get a chance. . . in like the 12th round, maybe. There's literally nothing appealing about that situation beyond a solid run-blocking line. Nothing much at receiver, raw rookie QB, defense looks soft and they'll probably play from behind plenty, two injury-prone backs running into lots of stacked fronts-- not much to love there, right?

serious hops
08-26-2011, 01:49 AM
I agree on Orton as a late value at QB-- though only as a backup, or in a ridiculously large league. If we're talking backup, Matt Hasselbeck is the other guy I like late, and ADP suggests you should typically be able to get him a round or two later if you miss Orton.

Doggcow
08-26-2011, 01:55 AM
Some kid just tried to tell me how his Blount / Felix Jones RB's we're better than my CJ2k and McFadden RBs because Felix Jones is somehow a clear cut #1 RB... ROFL I love ESPN Mock Drafts...

Btw I rolled out with: Romo, CJ, McFadden, Calvin Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Dallas Clark, and Balt D starters and Eli Manning, Reggie Bush, Mike Williams (SEA), Deon Branch, NYJ TE forgot his name atm... and NE D Bench...

I wish I could get that in a money league, holy balls.

cutthemdown
08-26-2011, 01:58 AM
All I know is the titans and Chris Johnson are ruining my team. He's my Keeper i would build team around, this SUCKS! just have to be patient and still name him as one of my 2 keepers.

Doggcow
08-26-2011, 02:00 AM
All I know is the titans and Chris Johnson are ruining my team. He's my Keeper i would build team around, this SUCKS! just have to be patient and still name him as one of my 2 keepers.

I think he will be fine.

I trust him more than Foster at this point, I have the #2 in my money league.

Kubes could go Shanny at any minute on Foster, also Foster just lost Leach.

serious hops
08-26-2011, 01:06 PM
Kubes could go Shanny at any minute on Foster.

And do what, give him 300+ carries?

TheReverend
08-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Schaub and Romo are the QB value picks this year.

That being said, I went hard after Tom Brady and couldnt land him or Rivers so I filled out my WRs and grabbed Romo late.

TheReverend
08-26-2011, 01:12 PM

Lol, he's my keeper too.

Relax bro. I grabbed Ringer just in case but I have a nice RB stable outside of CJ and Ringer with Deangelo Williams, Hightower and Beanie Wells.

That One Guy
08-26-2011, 01:20 PM
I think he will be fine.

I trust him more than Foster at this point, I have the #2 in my money league.

Kubes could go Shanny at any minute on Foster, also Foster just lost Leach.

I don't expect either team nor player to completely cave and resolve this. It could be a long, hard negotiation. They're saying he's demanding upwards of 10 mil per season and he sounds adamant. This sounds like as dug in a holdout as we've seen in some time.

Peoples Champ
08-26-2011, 01:46 PM
anyone buying the felix jones hype?

TheReverend
08-26-2011, 01:48 PM

Ish

HooptyHoops
08-26-2011, 01:53 PM

Not really....the Cowboys are awesome in the skill positions, but they were last year too and he didn't produce at a high level. I'm not gunning for him in our Auction, but he does have a boom/bust kind of pick to me.

TheReverend
08-26-2011, 01:55 PM
Not really....the Cowboys are awesome in the skill positions, but they were last year too and he didn't produce at a high level. I'm not gunning for him in our Auction, but he does have a boom/bust kind of pick to me.

Just shy of 800 yards in the back 8 starts when he became starter and that was with Kitna playing QB.

HooptyHoops
08-26-2011, 02:01 PM
Just shy of 800 yards in the back 8 starts when he became starter and that was with Kitna playing QB.

He just doesn't get in the endzone very much...if you have a high yardage league then go for it....I personally am not high on him.

TheReverend
08-26-2011, 02:04 PM
He just doesn't get in the endzone very much...if you have a high yardage league then go for it....I personally am not high on him.

With Barber in Chicago now, I expect that to improve.

Peoples Champ
08-26-2011, 02:21 PM

I think he is worth a shot if you get him cheap in a later round. Its a lower risk high reward. And if he craps out, then oh well he was just a 3rd rounder.

That One Guy
08-26-2011, 02:53 PM

I'm a buyer. He's not my #1 but I think I like him more than many people do.

Doggcow
08-26-2011, 02:55 PM
I'm a buyer. He's not my #1 but I think I like him more than many people do.

**** NO. That Piece of **** caused me so much stress last year.

1 Rushing TD.

Tashard Choice had 3.

Just sayin.

vonqkilla
08-26-2011, 02:57 PM
Im huge on blount and jones. Garret is going to feed him, but the oline is raw like we were.

DBroncos4life
08-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Thoughts on Hightower? He looks pretty good so far in Shanahan's system.

That One Guy
08-26-2011, 02:59 PM
**** NO. That Piece of **** caused me so much stress last year.

1 Rushing TD.

Tashard Choice had 3.

Just sayin.

Hmm... I'll look into that and see what the scenario was. A lack of goal line skills or a lack of opportunities, basically. Whether you buy or not, though, it's gotta be based on his new role.

That's why I like these discussions. You can't necessarily see everyone's flaws so it's good to keep an eye out for things others pick up.

That One Guy
08-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Im huge on blount and jones. Garret is going to feed him, but the oline is raw like we were.

Why Blount?

That One Guy
08-26-2011, 03:01 PM

I think everyone remembers the days when Shanny would, somehow, lead to your FF team's demise at least once throughout the season. Whether for committee'ing, producing a stud out of nowhere, or keeping the plan a secret until gametime, he'd always screw you over somehow.

DBroncos4life
08-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Why Blount?

Because he finished the year pretty strong and they don't really have anyone that is going to be taking carries away from him.

DBroncos4life
08-26-2011, 03:04 PM
I think everyone remembers the days when Shanny would, somehow, lead to your FF team's demise at least once throughout the season. Whether for committee'ing, producing a stud out of nowhere, or keeping the plan a secret until gametime, he'd always screw you over somehow.

I road Davis and Portis to championships :) I know it's scary to draft his RBs though and Helu Jr is looking good as well.

vonqkilla
08-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Why Blount?

1400 & 14, can catch too.

Doggcow
08-26-2011, 03:08 PM
I love Blount but he's going in the early 2nd a lot. I just need more consistent play at that pick. I'd go a power wide first.

Picks 24+ I'd slay Blount though.

DBroncos4life
08-26-2011, 03:10 PM
1400 & 14, can catch too.

He had 5 catches last year so I don't think he is that big of a reception guy. The rest I agree with.

serious hops
08-26-2011, 03:41 PM

Steal of the year, IMO. Shanahan prefers a "stud buffalo" if he can keep a guy on the field on all downs, and Hightower can block and catch as well as run. I see him being their lead back and giving you RB2 numbers for a late pick. People are still taking Torain. That dude can't get from the Gatorade jug to the trainer's table without rupturing something. I'll draft Hightower in every one of my leagues if I can.

ozomulsion
08-26-2011, 04:12 PM

I don't consider hype, but I do consider what I watch. I've seen alot of him in college and pros. During their last preseason game he looked amazing. He's got his speed back, and still has the extra weight. He was running with more power than I've seen out of him before. He could provide amazing return, but he hasn't proven he can stay healthy. Sooo It is what it is. A gamble worth taking if you get him in the right spot. I do know this. He's gonna have to get injured to loose his #1 spot. DeMarco Murry and Choice aren't in his league, and more importantly are not goal line backs.

That One Guy
08-26-2011, 04:43 PM
I've heard Choice is actually on the roster bubble.

My only concern is how often do you see someone put on weight to be more durable and it ends up tearing up a knee or something. I'm always weary of that.

DENVERDUI55
08-26-2011, 06:05 PM
Finley is looking really good for green bay.

TheReverend
08-26-2011, 06:11 PM
Finley is looking really good for green bay.

Tonight or in general? If tonight, Indy's still a heavy cover 2 team making TE seam routes accessible.

HooptyHoops
08-26-2011, 08:34 PM
Moreno actually scored a lot more points last year than I realized ....holy crap! I might have to draft him, as he average over 8 points a game in my league....surely he is going to have better numbers this year.....

Hamrob
08-27-2011, 09:06 AM
I play in a high stakes league where teams can franchise 1 player each year and forfeit their #1 pick. That honor costs the owner $500.

There are four guys being franchised: Vick, Rogers, AP, Foster

I pick #2.

Who would you guys reccomend I take if he's there: (CJ or Charles)?

Should there be anyone else in the converstaion that I should consider at that spot, given my dilemma?

Additionally, we are not a serentine draft. So, I have the #2, #12, #22 etc.

I'd appreciate your thoughts?

vonqkilla
08-27-2011, 09:17 AM
Shady Mccoy at 2. Chiefs look horrid. Cj if he signs or you think he will.
At ur next 2 picks I would look at f. jones, blount, and ingram. Target matt ryan at qb after that.

That One Guy
08-27-2011, 09:20 AM
I play in a high stakes league where teams can franchise 1 player each year and forfeit their #1 pick. That honor costs the owner $500.

There are four guys being franchised: Vick, Rogers, AP, Foster

I pick #2.

Who would you guys reccomend I take if he's there: (CJ or Charles)?

Should there be anyone else in the converstaion that I should consider at that spot, given my dilemma?

Additionally, we are not a serentine draft. So, I have the #2, #12, #22 etc.

I'd appreciate your thoughts?

My thoughts: Who the F would agree to a high stakes league where the draft doesn't snake?

As per your question, I'd think long and hard before taking CJ that high. I have no good reason to believe one way or the other but I'm under the impression he's going to continue holding out and his demands are absurd.

Charles also makes me nervous both for his faults and the team's faults.

I'd look at settings and see if a QB or WR are justified. I don't have a good answer to that situation and that sucks.

DENVERDUI55
08-27-2011, 09:30 AM
Shady Mccoy at 2. Chiefs look horrid. Cj if he signs or you think he will.
At ur next 2 picks I would look at f. jones, blount, and ingram. Target matt ryan at qb after that.
q
That's got large bust potential. I like blount bit not in second is rather take mendenhall there. Could really boom though if Jones ever lives to hype.

Baba Booey
08-27-2011, 10:35 AM
I have the first of four drafts today at 4.

12 team league and my keepers are Romo and DeSean Jackson.

I have the fifth pick in the first round; snake draft.

Will post results.

Hamrob
08-27-2011, 10:58 AM
My thoughts: Who the F would agree to a high stakes league where the draft doesn't snake?

As per your question, I'd think long and hard before taking CJ that high. I have no good reason to believe one way or the other but I'm under the impression he's going to continue holding out and his demands are absurd.

Charles also makes me nervous both for his faults and the team's faults.

I'd look at settings and see if a QB or WR are justified. I don't have a good answer to that situation and that sucks.Yeah, it's the owner's league of the Company I work for...so, yes it sucks...but, it is what it is.

I'm thrilled to pick at 2, but it may not be such an advantage in the 1st round. Both CJ and Charles scare me. I think if CJ is back the fold by kickoff, he'll go number one (considering that Foster, Vick, Rogers & AP are franchised).

That leaves a number of risk picks left:

Charles
McCoy
Mendenhal
MJD
Rice

Are there any others that you'd consider at #2 from the list above. And, if I take one of these guys, who should I look at for #12?

I'm thinking of maybe going RB at #2 & #12, WR at #22 and QB at #32. Thoughts?

HooptyHoops
08-27-2011, 01:12 PM
So, how are all you rating Bowe? He had such a crazy year last year, but this preseason has been HORRID for the Chiefs....don't know what to think of him....

Doggcow
08-27-2011, 01:16 PM
So, how are all you rating Bowe? He had such a crazy year last year, but this preseason has been HORRID for the Chiefs....don't know what to think of him....

Not drafting him.

Going way too high for what I'd be interested in.

Doggcow
08-27-2011, 01:17 PM
Yeah, it's the owner's league of the Company I work for...so, yes it sucks...but, it is what it is.

I'm thrilled to pick at 2, but it may not be such an advantage in the 1st round. Both CJ and Charles scare me. I think if CJ is back the fold by kickoff, he'll go number one (considering that Foster, Vick, Rogers & AP are franchised).

Charles
McCoy
Mendenhal
MJD
Rice

Are there any others that you'd consider at #2 from the list above. And, if I take one of these guys, who should I look at for #12?

I took Foster at #2. I don't trust CJ this year. Only other guy close IMO, was Ray Rice.

DBroncos4life
08-27-2011, 01:22 PM
I took Foster at #2. I don't trust CJ this year. Only other guy close IMO, was Ray Rice.

I think Foster's numbers might take a dip without his FB.

tsiguy96
08-27-2011, 01:24 PM
ive got #2 in our OM league, i am really considering doing something kinda crazy....

Doggcow
08-27-2011, 01:26 PM

So you think Charles, with even worse of a FB, who did less last year is better?
Or CJ with NO QB or threat on the team other than him?
Or MJD who is a huge injury concern and already labeled as getting to split time with Jennings?
Or Mendenhall? Which anyone who knows football should know why you stay far far away from Mendenhall this year?

Doggcow
08-27-2011, 01:27 PM
ive got #2 in our OM league, i am really considering doing something kinda crazy....

Vick!

That One Guy
08-27-2011, 01:31 PM

Interesting, tell me more.

That One Guy
08-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Yeah, it's the owner's league of the Company I work for...so, yes it sucks...but, it is what it is.

Charles
McCoy
Mendenhal
MJD
Rice

I like the potential of McCoy still particularly if you're PPR.

As for what you should do, we need league info. Is it standard scoring? What are the positions (# of RBs, WRs, etc)?

DENVERDUI55
08-27-2011, 01:34 PM

The shanny kubes system always produces remember.

DBroncos4life
08-27-2011, 01:36 PM
So you think Charles, with even worse of a FB, who did less last year is better?
Or CJ with NO QB or threat on the team other than him?
Or MJD who is a huge injury concern and already labeled as getting to split time with Jennings?
Or Mendenhall? Which anyone who knows football should know why you stay far far away from Mendenhall this year?

None of the above. I'm sure Foster will do OK I just don't see those type of numbers again IMO.

tsiguy96
08-27-2011, 01:39 PM
Vick!

nope. think vick is gonna flop this year.

mwill07
08-27-2011, 01:42 PM

Downgrading all chiefs. Also, all colts (i think there is a chance Manning sits out 2011) and Titans (chris johnson will be rusty...if he even comes back).

DBroncos4life
08-27-2011, 01:45 PM
nope. think vick is gonna flop this year.

Brady is going to own QBs this year.

HooptyHoops
08-27-2011, 01:50 PM
Talk about a WR falling way down draft boards that has elite fantasy potential is Kenny Britt---rated around 25th for a guy who averages top 10 numbers....plus, Hasselbeck might help his numbers.

That One Guy
08-27-2011, 01:56 PM
Downgrading all chiefs. Also, all colts (i think there is a chance Manning sits out 2011) and Titans (chris johnson will be rusty...if he even comes back).

Agreed across the board. The fact that if the Colts go without Peyton, they're making Kerry Collins their insta-starter solidified it for me. They don't pull a guy out of retirement for a week or two and since he wasn't even in camp with them for a big part of it, he's gonna be playing major catchup.

That One Guy
08-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Talk about a WR falling way down draft boards that has elite fantasy potential is Kenny Britt---rated around 25th for a guy who averages top 10 numbers....plus, Hasselbeck might help his numbers.

But you have to figure out what numbers he'll get: FF stats, # of games suspended, inmate #s, etc.

Guy is constantly in trouble and at risk of being suspended.

That One Guy
08-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Training Camp Champs
1. (1) Arian Foster (Hou - RB)
2. (16) Larry Fitzgerald (Ari - WR)
3. (17) Roddy White (Atl - WR)
4. (32) Tony Romo (Dal - QB)
5. (33) Brandon Lloyd (Den - WR)
6. (48) Jermichael Finley (GB - TE)
7. (49) Beanie Wells (Ari - RB)
8. (64) Ahmad Bradshaw (NYG - RB)
9. (65) Felix Jones (Dal - RB)
10. (80) Wes Welker (NE - WR)
11. (81) Ryan Grant (GB - RB)
12. (96) Mike Sims-Walker (StL - WR)
13. (97) Darren Sproles (NO - RB)
14. (112) Marshawn Lynch (Sea - RB)
15. (113) Johnny Knox (Chi - WR)

This is what I got in a draft in a league from here on the Mane. I really hit that good RB void so I figured I'd draft a bunch, let the week three games play out, and see what I feel as the season gets closer. Bold currently expected to be starters.

anton
08-27-2011, 03:10 PM
Rate my team! 12 man keeper league. Starting lineup is 1 qb, 2 wr, 2 rb, 1 te, 1 w/r, 1 w/t, 1 k, 1 def

QBs: Big Ben (11k), Josh Freeman (7), Matt Stafford (10)

Could not believe Stafford kept falling. He will be my trade bait.

RBs: Ray Rice (1k), DeAngelo Williams (3), Tim Hightower (4), Knowshon Moreno (5), Ricky Williams (14)

4th round for Hightower is probably the highest he has ever gone but I think he is this year's Arian Foster so I couldn't let him get away. Moreno falling makes up for it. I think my league hates Georgia.

WRs: Vincent Jackson (2), Mario Manningham (6), AJ Green (8), Robert Meachem (12), Jacoby Ford (13), Arrelious Benn (15)

Green is a solid keeper pick and should see a ton of targets. Late round WRs are just to see who looks good till i have to drop 2.

TE: Marcedes Lewis (9)

K: Did not draft, will pick up prior to week 1

DEF: Did not draft, will pick up, I usually play a different D each week depending on matchup. I will have to drop 2 WRs for my K and DEF.

I think I have some great keeper candidates and a stacked QB class, Big Ben should have a nice year playing the NFC West

peacepipe
08-27-2011, 03:17 PM
Training Camp Champs
1. (1) Arian Foster (Hou - RB)
2. (16) Larry Fitzgerald (Ari - WR)
3. (17) Roddy White (Atl - WR)
4. (32) Tony Romo (Dal - QB)
5. (33) Brandon Lloyd (Den - WR)
6. (48) Jermichael Finley (GB - TE)
7. (49) Beanie Wells (Ari - RB)
8. (64) Ahmad Bradshaw (NYG - RB)
9. (65) Felix Jones (Dal - RB)
10. (80) Wes Welker (NE - WR)
11. (81) Ryan Grant (GB - RB)
12. (96) Mike Sims-Walker (StL - WR)
13. (97) Darren Sproles (NO - RB)
14. (112) Marshawn Lynch (Sea - RB)
15. (113) Johnny Knox (Chi - WR)

This is what I got in a draft in a league from here on the Mane. I really hit that good RB void so I figured I'd draft a bunch, let the week three games play out, and see what I feel as the season gets closer. Bold currently expected to be starters.
Orlando liberals

1. phillup Rivers(SD-QB)
2. andre johnson(HOU-WR)
3. Chad occocinco(NE-WR)
4. Stephen Jackson(STL-RB)
5. Ryan Matthews(SD-RB)
6. Mercedes Lewis(JAC-TE)
7. Santonio Holmes(NY-WR)
8. Greg Olsen(CAR-TE)
9. Mark ingram(NO-RB)
10. Sam Bradford(QB-STL)
11. Lee Evans(Balt.-WR)
12. Pierre Garcon(IND-WR)
13. Matt Bryant(ATL-K)
14. SD DEF.
15. Philly DEF.

tsiguy96
08-27-2011, 03:28 PM
ochocinco was a huge reach in third...

peacepipe
08-27-2011, 03:41 PM
I f'd up. I should've paid better attention to the starting time of the draft. I ended up having to wing it. I think 85 is going to have a chip on his shoulders & play with sime purpose this yr.

gunns
08-27-2011, 04:01 PM
Orlando liberals

1. phillup Rivers(SD-QB)
2. andre johnson(HOU-WR)
3. Chad occocinco(NE-WR)
4. Stephen Jackson(STL-RB)
5. Ryan Matthews(SD-RB)
6. Mercedes Lewis(JAC-TE)
7. Santonio Holmes(NY-WR)
8. Greg Olsen(CAR-TE)
9. Mark ingram(NO-RB)
10. Sam Bradford(QB-STL)
11. Lee Evans(Balt.-WR)
12. Pierre Garcon(IND-WR)
13. Matt Bryant(ATL-K)
14. SD DEF.
15. Philly DEF.

Damn you for taking Rivers and Jackson. And we play the first week.

ObamasMamas

1. Drew Brees
2. DeSean Jackson
3. Malcolm Floyd
4. Michael Turner
5. BenJarvus Green-Ellis
6. Rob Gronkowski
7. Percy Harvin
8. Peyton Hillis
9. Eli Manning
10. Julio Jones
11. Willis McGahee
12. Lance Moore
13. Tony Gonzalez
14. Josh Brown
15. Detroit

gunns
08-27-2011, 04:03 PM

Wasn't in the third, he took him in the 5th.

That One Guy
08-27-2011, 04:10 PM
Yeah, this was our 5th round:

<table id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853371" class="simpletable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><thead id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853370"><tr id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853369"><th id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853368" colspan="3">Round 5</th> </tr> </thead> <tbody id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853376"> <tr id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853375" class="odd"> <td id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853388" class="first">1.</td> <td id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853385" class="player" nowrap="nowrap">Brandon Lloyd (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6460) (Den - WR)</td> <td id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853374" class="last" title="Training Camp Champs">Training Cam...</td> </tr> <tr id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853378" class="even"> <td class="first">2.</td> <td id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853382" class="player" nowrap="nowrap">Chad Ochocinco (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5483) (NE - WR)</td> <td id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853377" class="last" title="orlando liberals">orlando libe...</td> </tr> <tr id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853380" class="odd"> <td class="first">3.</td> <td id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853381" class="player" nowrap="nowrap">Frank Gore (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7241) (SF - RB)</td> <td id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853379" class="last" title="Sin City Saints">Sin City Saints</td> </tr> <tr id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853392" class="even"> <td class="first">4.</td> <td id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853391" class="player" nowrap="nowrap">Malcom Floyd (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7149) (SD - WR)</td> <td class="last" title="ObamasMammas">ObamasMammas</td> </tr> <tr id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853395" class="odd"> <td class="first">5.</td> <td id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853394" class="player" nowrap="nowrap">Reggie Wayne (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5477) (Ind - WR)</td> <td id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853396" class="last" title="epicSidquanism4tw">epicSidquani...</td> </tr> <tr id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853398" class="even"> <td class="first">6.</td> <td class="player" nowrap="nowrap">Dwayne Bowe (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8277) (KC - WR)</td> <td id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853397" class="last" title="Tea-bow Party Hobbit">Tea-bow Part...</td> </tr> <tr id="yui_3_3_0_10_1314486378533100" class="odd"> <td class="first">7.</td> <td class="player" nowrap="nowrap">Vernon Davis (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7755) (SF - TE)</td> <td id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853399" class="last" title="Team Bowtown">Team Bowtown</td> </tr> <tr id="yui_3_3_0_10_1314486378533102" class="even"> <td class="first">8.</td> <td class="player" nowrap="nowrap">Mike Williams (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24076) (TB - WR)</td> <td id="yui_3_3_0_10_1314486378533101" class="last" title="Tigers Blood">Tigers Blood</td></tr></tbody></table>

So not too bad depending on how you evaluate things. I think Ochocinco and Branch will compete for throws and took my chances that Welker wouldn't be impacted too much. It was strange seeing Reggie Wayne fall that far.

peacepipe
08-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Yeah, this was our 5th round:

<table id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853371" class="simpletable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><thead id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853370"><tr id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853369"><th id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853368" colspan="3">Round 5</th> </tr> </thead> <tbody id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853376"> <tr id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853375" class="odd"> <td id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853388" class="first">1.</td> <td id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853385" class="player" nowrap="nowrap">Brandon Lloyd (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6460) (Den - WR)</td> <td id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853374" class="last" title="Training Camp Champs">Training Cam...</td> </tr> <tr id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853378" class="even"> <td class="first">2.</td> <td id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853382" class="player" nowrap="nowrap">Chad Ochocinco (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5483) (NE - WR)</td> <td id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853377" class="last" title="orlando liberals">orlando libe...</td> </tr> <tr id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853380" class="odd"> <td class="first">3.</td> <td id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853381" class="player" nowrap="nowrap">Frank Gore (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7241) (SF - RB)</td> <td id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853379" class="last" title="Sin City Saints">Sin City Saints</td> </tr> <tr id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853392" class="even"> <td class="first">4.</td> <td id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853391" class="player" nowrap="nowrap">Malcom Floyd (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7149) (SD - WR)</td> <td class="last" title="ObamasMammas">ObamasMammas</td> </tr> <tr id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853395" class="odd"> <td class="first">5.</td> <td id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853394" class="player" nowrap="nowrap">Reggie Wayne (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5477) (Ind - WR)</td> <td id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853396" class="last" title="epicSidquanism4tw">epicSidquani...</td> </tr> <tr id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853398" class="even"> <td class="first">6.</td> <td class="player" nowrap="nowrap">Dwayne Bowe (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8277) (KC - WR)</td> <td id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853397" class="last" title="Tea-bow Party Hobbit">Tea-bow Part...</td> </tr> <tr id="yui_3_3_0_10_1314486378533100" class="odd"> <td class="first">7.</td> <td class="player" nowrap="nowrap">Vernon Davis (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7755) (SF - TE)</td> <td id="yui_3_3_0_10_131448637853399" class="last" title="Team Bowtown">Team Bowtown</td> </tr> <tr id="yui_3_3_0_10_1314486378533102" class="even"> <td class="first">8.</td> <td class="player" nowrap="nowrap">Mike Williams (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24076) (TB - WR)</td> <td id="yui_3_3_0_10_1314486378533101" class="last" title="Tigers Blood">Tigers Blood</td></tr></tbody></table>

So not too bad depending on how you evaluate things. I think Ochocinco and Branch will compete for throws and took my chances that Welker wouldn't be impacted too much. It was strange seeing Reggie Wayne fall that far.

I was iffy on picking him at 1st but figured he would have something to prove going to NE.

peacepipe
08-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Unfortunately lee evans has a boot on his foot,so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

vonqkilla
08-27-2011, 05:26 PM
Legarrette Blount, 52 yard rec tonite. Franchise back.

Pontius Pirate
08-27-2011, 05:30 PM
If you pick Kyle Orton as your QB, just be sure to handcuff him with Tim Tebow.

LOLJK

vonqkilla
08-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Im telling u mccoy is the pick @ 2.

Take the explosive franchise back that each week is a LOCK for double digit pts. Then go blount or jones in 2nd, and then if avail Ingram, then Qb or wr, romo or matt ryan, b lloyd. # winning

Thats assuming vick goes #1, if not, take vick then blount, jones, ingam

Pontius Pirate
08-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Im telling u mccoy is the pick @ 2.

Take the explosive franchise back that each week is a LOCK for double digit pts. Then go blount or jones in 2nd, and then if avail Ingram, then Qb or wr, romo or matt ryan, b lloyd. # winning

Thats assuming vick goes #1, if not, take vick then blount, jones, ingam

I have been mock drafting like crazy and Vick falls to me every time at #7. Once or twice someone took Rodgers before me. If Vick was taken at #7, I'd take Rodgers.

I don't know what you're smoking re: blount in the 2nd. Dude's been falling to round 4 or 5 consistently. Likewise, Felix Jones is a 5th round pick. Don't reach for Felix or Blount before 3rd round for the love of gawd.

vonqkilla
08-27-2011, 06:36 PM
I have been mock drafting like crazy and Vick falls to me every time at #7. Once or twice someone took Rodgers before me. If Vick was taken at #7, I'd take Rodgers.

I don't know what you're smoking re: blount in the 2nd. Dude's been falling to round 4 or 5 consistently. Likewise, Felix Jones is a 5th round pick. Don't reach for Felix or Blount before 3rd round for the love of gawd.

Well I took Arian Foster in the 4th last year. Ive never not made the playoffs in any league ever, and these guys are going to have big years. I appreciate what your saying though if those caliber backs are going that late, then go wr in 2nd. Blount in the 4th is a steal. Jones too, hardly a reach.
Foster hamstring hurt again.

I am way ahead of the curve, and ill take ur advice and maybe go wr in rd 2.

If you get blount and jones in rd 4 and 5, its a wrap.

That One Guy
08-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Well I took Arian Foster in the 4th last year. Ive never not made the playoffs in any league ever, and these guys are going to have big years. I appreciate what your saying though if those caliber backs are going that late, then go wr in 2nd. Blount in the 4th is a steal. Jones too, hardly a reach.
Foster hamstring hurt again.

I am way ahead of the curve, and ill take ur advice and maybe go wr in rd 2.

If you get blount and jones in rd 4 and 5, its a wrap.

We only had 8 in our league but there were DEFs going before Felix Jones came off. He went in the same round as two kickers. It's all about the people you're drafting with.

That One Guy
08-27-2011, 07:00 PM
Yay, I get Foster and 3 hours later he re-injures his hamstring.

vonqkilla
08-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Von miller insane!!!

Foster was off my board this year.

That One Guy
08-27-2011, 07:43 PM
And Wes Welker is down now.

There's two. Damnit.

DBroncos4life
08-27-2011, 08:03 PM
OM vs CP draft...

Rice
Hicks
Blount
Bryant
Stevie Johnson
Moreno
Eli Manning
Stafford
M Lewis
Helu
Ward
Alex Henry
Mike Williams (Hawks)
Delone Carter
Denver

I'm kind of F'd at RB really. Oh well.

vonqkilla
08-27-2011, 08:09 PM
OM vs CP draft...

Rice
Hicks
Blount
Bryant
Stevie Johnson
Moreno
Eli Manning
Stafford
M Lewis
Helu
Ward
Alex Henry
Mike Williams (Hawks)
Delone Carter
Denver

I'm kind of F'd at RB really. Oh well.
Looks good to me, as long as stafford stays up, pick up hill.

RhymesayersDU
08-28-2011, 09:22 PM
Anybody got any suggestions for a team name? I've used "Albuquerque Aztecs" (Any Given Sunday reference) for years, but this year I want to change. The snarkier the better.

All I have right now is "Radio Rahim Moore," a reference to the character "Radio Raheem" from Spike Lee's "Do The Right Thing" and of course Rahim Moore. I like it, although it's not nearly snarky enough or sexually explicit.

Suggestions?

vonqkilla
08-28-2011, 09:36 PM
Ojs pez dispencers

Doggcow
08-29-2011, 12:20 AM
Yay, I get Foster and 3 hours later he re-injures his hamstring.

Saying should be go in Week 1.

I'm not holding my breath though. I'd rather wait til week 2 or 3.

I have other RB's that can spot him no problem.

Get him healthy and don't let this **** linger.

DENVERDUI55
08-29-2011, 05:14 PM

What was the crazy thing did you draft yet?

That One Guy
08-29-2011, 05:28 PM
What was the crazy thing did you draft yet?

We haven't drafted yet.

That One Guy
08-29-2011, 05:31 PM
Anybody got any suggestions for a team name? I've used "Albuquerque Aztecs" (Any Given Sunday reference) for years, but this year I want to change. The snarkier the better.

All I have right now is "Radio Rahim Moore," a reference to the character "Radio Raheem" from Spike Lee's "Do The Right Thing" and of course Rahim Moore. I like it, although it's not nearly snarky enough or sexually explicit.

Suggestions?

For inspiration.

http://fantasyteamnames.net/football

That One Guy
08-29-2011, 05:34 PM
For inspiration.

http://fantasyteamnames.net/football

Some of my favorites from the first page: Plaxidental Shooting, Free Hand Schaubs till you Jaquizz, and I do not like Green-Ellis and Manningham.

That One Guy
08-29-2011, 05:36 PM
LOL

I'm liking this site.

"MyPoopIsRonnieAndBrown"

That One Guy
08-29-2011, 05:38 PM
OK, last one because I don't want to spam but it was too awesome.

"Off in Church (Because you can't beat... Off in Church)"

mwill07
08-29-2011, 05:39 PM
just had my first draft of the season...12 team keeper league, 20 players deep. Ended up with 4 broncos rostered:

12: McGahee (my 4th RB drafted)
13. Orton (2nd QB, behind Schaub)
14: Royal (5th WR)
19: Julius Thomas (3rd TE)

I normally don't like to draft Broncos becasue I usually overvalue them...probably the case here too. But, I didn't spend too much for any of them and if the ball bounces the way I think it can, I'll have a damn strong team.

Julius Thomas is really a flyer for next year...the way our keeper rules work is we can keep a player next year at the cost of what we drafted them for this year...so I will be able to keep him for a 18th round pick. Also, TE's get 2 PPR, so there is a premium on the position. If he can develop into a serviceable threat, that pick will be money in the bank.

DENVERDUI55
08-29-2011, 05:50 PM
Hey guys who have drafted where has Melon head manning been going in your drafts?

bowtown
08-29-2011, 07:02 PM
I am really hurting at RB in one of my leagues, basically have no good #2. My #1 is Jamaal Charles, but I have an offer on the table to trade him for SJax and Hightower. I also already have Torain, in case Hightower gets hurt or he comes back strong from the hand injury. What do you think? My other RBs are Pierre Thomas, Ricky Williams, and MBarberIII.

Should I do it?

That One Guy
08-29-2011, 07:05 PM
I am really hurting at RB in one of my leagues, basically have no good #2. My #1 is Jamaal Charles, but I have an offer on the table to trade him for SJax and Hightower. I also already have Torain, in case Hightower gets hurt or he comes back strong from the hand injury. What do you think? My other RBs are Pierre Thomas, Ricky Williams, and MBarberIII.

Should I do it?

Partially because I'm low on Charles this year, I take that and run. There's been good things said this preseason about Jackson and the Rams O in general and Hightower obviously has been tearing it up. If anything, trade now then if you don't believe in Hightower, trade him away after he has a 150+ yard game somewhere. Both of those are better than your #2, at least.

That One Guy
08-29-2011, 07:06 PM
Hey guys who have drafted where has Melon head manning been going in your drafts?

From what I've seen, his draft position keeps falling and falling. I wanna say he went in the 4th round or so in our 8 teamer the other day.

DENVERDUI55
08-29-2011, 07:27 PM
WOuld you guys take chris johnson at 7 in your league.

mwill07
08-29-2011, 07:30 PM
WOuld you guys take chris johnson at 7 in your league.

not over Andre Johnson/Roddy White/Peterson/Foster/Rice/Mccoy. If any of those 6 lands in your lap @ 7, I'd take them for sure.

Beyond that, it get's a little fuzzy.

RhymesayersDU
08-29-2011, 08:50 PM
Just finished a mock draft. I drafted 9/12, snake draft. Here is my team and the order they were picked. Tear me apart.

Round: 1
** (9) Rashard Mendenhall RB
** (16) Calvin Johnson WR
** (33) Ahmad Bradshaw RB
** (40) Antonio Gates TE
** (57) Anquan Boldin WR
** (64) Ryan Grant RB
** (81) Joe Flacco QB
** (88) Steve Smith WR
** (105) Jordy Nelson WR
** (112) Willis McGahee RB
** (129) Danny Woodhead RB
** (136) Kyle Orton QB
** (153) Tony Gonzalez TE
** (160) Mason Crosby K
** (177) Jacoby Jones WR
** (184) Lions D/ST D/ST

Chris
08-29-2011, 08:56 PM
Some good info in here... why avoid Mendenhall Doggcow? Forgive me for not being clued in to steeler news.

That One Guy
08-29-2011, 09:02 PM
Just finished a mock draft. I drafted 9/12, snake draft. Here is my team and the order they were picked. Tear me apart.

Round: 1
** (9) Rashard Mendenhall RB
** (16) Calvin Johnson WR
** (33) Ahmad Bradshaw RB
** (40) Antonio Gates TE
** (57) Anquan Boldin WR
** (64) Ryan Grant RB
** (81) Joe Flacco QB
** (88) Steve Smith WR
** (105) Jordy Nelson WR
** (112) Willis McGahee RB
** (129) Danny Woodhead RB
** (136) Kyle Orton QB
** (153) Tony Gonzalez TE
** (160) Mason Crosby K
** (177) Jacoby Jones WR
** (184) Lions D/ST D/ST

I like Orton better than Falco though the Ravens did pick up a bunch of WRs so we'll see how that turns out. The Bradshaw pick seems early for him but in a 12 teamer, there can be crazy runs on RBs early. Grant is a complete unknown at this point and the only other starting RB on your roster. I would watch that situation closely to see if Starks takes the reigns when their run game is, once again, mediocre.

WR wise, Boldin is better than his stats, I think. Hopefully he picks it up a bit this year in Balt. To go from 2nd fiddle in AZ and have his stats go down in a Balt O which had... chirp chirp... as competing quality WRs is not a good sign. They brought in a lot of folks but it'll all depend on how things go as to whether anyone succeeds. There's high hopes that Falco having a speed guy can change the dynamics of the O. We'll see. Beyond him, you've got people who have potential to make big plays and occasionally have a good game but you can't rely on it. Again, that's a 12 team league issue and why they're so challenging. Hopefully you only have to start two WRs and you can let your other guys sit and see if they do anything.

I like the TE pick. Gates and then Gonzo to patch up the games when Gates inevitably goes down to a butterfly bite.

That One Guy
08-29-2011, 09:06 PM
Wow, Manning was activated from the PUP today, I didn't see that. That's gonna make a difference. He could very well play opening week still.

vonqkilla
08-29-2011, 09:07 PM
$200 to spend

I got

Brady 35
Mccoy 55
Blount 20
R Matthews 17
Forte 20
Desean j 23
Julio jones 1
Juluis thomas 1
J finley 10
Felix jones 17
Orton 5
Den d 1
Tate 1
Mc luster 1
S moss 4

Love my backs, but I need a possession rec

That One Guy
08-29-2011, 09:12 PM
$200 to spend

I got

Brady 35
Mccoy 55
Blount 20
R Matthews 17
Forte 20
Desean j 23
Julio jones 1
Juluis thomas 1
J finley 10
Felix jones 17
Orton 5
Den d 1
Tate 1
Mc luster 1
S moss 4

Love my backs, but I need a possession rec

Holy balls. Hopefully you start 4-5 RBs and one WR every week.

DENVERDUI55
08-29-2011, 09:16 PM
Wow, Manning was activated from the PUP today, I didn't see that. That's gonna make a difference. He could very well play opening week still.

They had to or he would of been out til a certain week can't remember exactly but around week 10.

Chris
08-30-2011, 10:00 AM
Anyone know a place where I can build my own draft board and print it out?

That One Guy
08-30-2011, 10:19 AM
They had to or he would of been out til a certain week can't remember exactly but around week 10.

Oh.. hmm.. I guess I didn't realize that time was already coming. I just assumed it was by week one or something.

That One Guy
08-30-2011, 10:32 AM
Anyone know a place where I can build my own draft board and print it out?

I would get a comprehensive one and just mark it up.

I've seen one where you can custom rank 'em but it wouldn't be printer friendly. I saw one where it fit all the top 50 or so at each position on one printed sheet so it'd be handy.

Chris
08-30-2011, 11:49 AM
I would get a comprehensive one and just mark it up.

I've seen one where you can custom rank 'em but it wouldn't be printer friendly. I saw one where it fit all the top 50 or so at each position on one printed sheet so it'd be handy.

Mark up an existing one? Sounds like it would be confusing. I think I'll have to make my own.

Just got screwed on the order... I pick 7 out of 12.

DENVERDUI55
08-30-2011, 11:56 AM
Mark up an existing one? Sounds like it would be confusing. I think I'll have to make my own.

Just got screwed on the order... I pick 7 out of 12.

I got Chris Johnson in that slot.

HooptyHoops
08-30-2011, 12:55 PM
200 to spend, 12 teams, we start 5 flex positions RB/WR(both score about the same amount of points), IDP and TE's score decent.

Rivers 45
P Hillis 33
D. Jackson 25
S. Holmes 22
V. Davis 20
Steve Johnson 13
P Harvin 13
L Timmons 5
L Fletcher 3
B Urlacher 1
Patriots D 1
Prater 1

Not a lot of big names, but should put up some great points in our league.

Jens1893
08-30-2011, 01:50 PM
Who do you take at number 3 assuming Peterson is gone? CJ is holding out and Foster has a bad hammy ....

cutthemdown
08-30-2011, 01:53 PM
Who do you take at number 3 assuming Peterson is gone? CJ is holding out and Foster has a bad hammy ....

Part of being good at Fantasy is to not be scared. Johnson will play this yr, get a new contract, you have to not be afraid to take him 3rd or 4th overall. WIth Foster having a hammy problem maybe even 2nd overall.

cutthemdown
08-30-2011, 01:55 PM
I don't worry about having players ranked perfect. I get the Rotoworld top 200, and the top by position, then go through and highlight the guys I like in different tiers. Maybe make a note of why, like easy early schedule, going to break out this yr, catches more balls then players ranked higher, better upside etc etc. Also i usually keep an ADP top 200 handy as well.

Jens1893
08-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Part of being good at Fantasy is to not be scared. Johnson will play this yr, get a new contract, you have to not be afraid to take him 3rd or 4th overall. WIth Foster having a hammy problem maybe even 2nd overall.

I am strongly leaning towards CJ ... if hes there. I think I might consider AJ and Rice before I take Foster.

Chris
08-30-2011, 02:04 PM
Man who could I get at the 7th pick in a snake draft for rds 1 and 2?

I doubt CJ is there. I will be picking colts players because I think they'll be undervalued and Peyton will play. Dallas Clark / Reggie Wayne here I come.

serious hops
08-30-2011, 02:27 PM
Man who could I get at the 7th pick in a snake draft for rds 1 and 2?

At least one or two out of Arian Foster, CJ, Ray Rice, Jamaal Charles, LeSean McCoy or Rashard Mendenhall will be available-- or either Vick or Aaron Rodgers if you absolutely aren't comfortable with the backs there. Don't let anybody talk you into a wide receiver, though. If you do take a back, come back in the second with Roddy White or Calvin Johnson if they're there, or maybe Michael Turner or Steven Jackson-- and probably a QB in round three or four. If you do take a QB in the first, as far as I'm concerned you almost have to come back with a RB in round two, and WR/RB with your next two picks.

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 03:19 PM
Take Ray rice if he's there...

No way foster or CJ are.

I don't like Mendenhall or McCoy this year for some reason.

Btw all you people posting your drafts without your scoring and asking for input is ridiculous. No way anyone can judge without seeing your leagues scoring...

tsiguy96
08-30-2011, 03:28 PM
Take Ray rice if he's there...

No way foster or CJ are.

I don't like Mendenhall or McCoy this year for some reason.

Btw all you people posting your drafts without your scoring and asking for input is ridiculous. No way anyone can judge without seeing your leagues scoring...

chris johnson fell to the 2nd round in my first league.

That One Guy
08-30-2011, 04:04 PM
What are the knocks against Mendenhall?

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 04:11 PM

Like 7 thousand carries last year.

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 04:11 PM
chris johnson fell to the 2nd round in my first league.

3 team league?

That One Guy
08-30-2011, 04:27 PM
Like 7 thousand carries last year.

Ahh... well I'm not trying to play pickup games with the guy when he's 50. Ride him 'til the wheels fall off, I say.

Doggcow
08-30-2011, 04:31 PM
Ahh... well I'm not trying to play pickup games with the guy when he's 50. Ride him 'til the wheels fall off, I say.

RB's tend to just have down years after the kinda work he got is all. Buyer beware.

Pitt has a nice schedule though.

Ziggy
08-30-2011, 04:44 PM

Suggestions?

1. Clady GaGa
2. Clady and the Tramp
3. Little Orton Annie
4. Orton Hears a Boo

tsiguy96
08-30-2011, 05:02 PM
3 team league?

orange mane/chiefs planet league.

its a fair concern for guys drafting so high, he may not be available for a few weeks of the season and when he is, is he gonna get injured?

That One Guy
08-30-2011, 05:07 PM
RB's tend to just have down years after the kinda work he got is all. Buyer beware.

Pitt has a nice schedule though.

Makes sense. I haven't gotten him in any leagues but as long as they'll keep feeding him the ball, he'll produce decently. Maybe a trade partway through the season kinda player.

mwill07
08-30-2011, 05:28 PM

not that active in passing game. Better in standard than PPR.

mwill07
08-30-2011, 05:32 PM
At least one or two out of Arian Foster, CJ, Ray Rice, Jamaal Charles, LeSean McCoy or Rashard Mendenhall will be available-- or either Vick or Aaron Rodgers if you absolutely aren't comfortable with the backs there. Don't let anybody talk you into a wide receiver, though. If you do take a back, come back in the second with Roddy White or Calvin Johnson if they're there, or maybe Michael Turner or Steven Jackson-- and probably a QB in round three or four. If you do take a QB in the first, as far as I'm concerned you almost have to come back with a RB in round two, and WR/RB with your next two picks.

I took Roddy White @ 1.07 in a keeper league on sunday...none of the above were available. FWIW...between 1.07 and 2.05 (12 picks), 8 WR's, 2 QB's, and 2 RB's were taken. In this case it's best to get ahead of the curve and take a WR unless you want your WR1 to be Stevie Johnson.

I'm a big fan of WR early this year...IMO AJ, Calvin Johnson, and Roddy White are all worth drafting in the first round, regardless of scoring system.

tsiguy96
08-30-2011, 05:33 PM
I took Roddy White @ 1.07 in a keeper league on sunday...none of the above were available. FWIW...between 1.07 and 2.05 (12 picks), 8 WR's, 2 QB's, and 2 RB's were taken. In this case it's best to get ahead of the curve and take a WR unless you want your WR1 to be Stevie Johnson.

I'm a big fan of WR early this year...IMO AJ, Calvin Johnson, and Roddy White are all worth drafting in the first round, regardless of scoring system.

stevie johnson will prove to be a WR1 by the end of the year.

mwill07
08-30-2011, 05:34 PM

I hope you are right, but I wouldn't want to draft him as such.

DBroncos4life
08-30-2011, 05:37 PM

I'm hoping so. I'm not sure why I picked Dez in the OM vs CP league. I think I panic. I picked Denver's D for the first three weeks. Oak, Bengals, and Tenn.

Chris
08-30-2011, 06:55 PM
Where is Dallas Clark falling for you guys?

serious hops
08-30-2011, 06:59 PM

I agree that Stevie Johnson's not the #1 you want, but I think your league results are pretty irregular-- unless Chris has drafted in that league for years and really knows the tendency of the owners, I'd say he's better going off the huge sample size of ADP (average draft position) data rather than any individual draft results we can provide him. MDC's current ADP ( http://www.mockdraftcentral.com/report_adp.jsp ) has seven WRs going in the first 24 picks-- Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Roddy White, Hakeem Nicks, Greg Jennings, Larry Fitzgerald and Reggie Wayne. In a 12-team draft, that leaves guys like Vincent Jackson, Mike Wallace, Mike Williams (Tampa), Dwayne Bowe, DeSean Jackson, Miles Austin and Brandon Lloyd all still on the board in the third round.

Obviously, you have to be able to adjust your strategy on the fly if a crazy run happens, but that doesn't mean you should plan your draft to anticipate one. If the six backs that I listed were the first six picks, I'd take Vick or Rodgers at seven with confidence. Andre Johnson has exceeded 1,300 total yards twice in his career and has never scored double digit touchdowns. Love him as a fantasy player, but I want more than that from my top ten pick. All just my opinion, obviously, but I firmly believe getting a premiere QB gives you more advantage than the approximately 1,300 yards and 10 TDs you're more than likely going to get from Roddy, Andre or Calvin.

More to the point, IMO, is that there is more available depth at WR than RB, especially if your league offers a flex option. In this era of split backfields, you're pretty much out of luck if you don't get a couple of backs from the top two tiers. I'd rather have Stevie Johnson or Mike Williams and the number of targets they're going to get as my top wideout than Jonathon Stewart or Ben-Jarvis GreenWhatsis and their questionable number of carries as my second back, if pressed to it.

I don't mind playing matchups from a group of wideouts the likes of Santonio Holmes, Santana Moss, Kenny Britt, Percy Harvin, Mario Manningham, Steve Smith, Malcolm Floyd or whoever. I can't stand having one of my starting backs blow a knee and ending up praying that Marshawn Lynch or Cedric Benson comes up with one of their three usable games of the season. . . on a weekly basis.

At the worst, if you're going to take a WR in the first round of a 12-team league, I'd say you almost have to come back with RBs in the next two rounds, and target Romo, Manning or Schaub at QB. Otherwise you're going to be praying that Felix Jones or Jahvid Best can hold up for 16 weeks, which is a bad bet in my book. I'd rather take my chances that Johnson can at least match his close to 1,100 yards and 10 TDs (close to good WR1 numbers, very strong WR2 numbers) from last year, than go light at RB and be an injury or two away from starting Brandon Jacobs with the playoffs on the line, and praying he gets more than six carries.

With the injury rate at RB, I just feel you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't draft three that have fairly clear lead back status, and preferrably not a horrible injury history. You have to draft those guys early, or you'll end up depending on your waiver wire position to grab the one or two unforeseen backs that come out of nowhere down the stretch.

Again, obviously all JMO. The point about anticipating runs rather than following them is certainly valid-- I just don't extend it as far as taking a WR in the first round.

Chris
08-30-2011, 07:18 PM
Thoughts on Blount hops? I'd consider drafting him as a 2nd RB in round 2... or am I nuts... I'm drafting vs two bucs fans.

Doing a mock draft now.

Chris
08-30-2011, 08:14 PM
Mock results from spot 7 in a 12 team league (default scoring)

Starters

QB Matt Schaub
RB Lesean Mccoy
RB Legarette Blount
WR Greg Jennings
WR Brandon Lloyd
WR AJ Green
TE Jason Witten
DEF/ST Jets
K Matt Prater

Bench

QB Kyle Orton
RB Joseph Addai
RB Ronnie Brown
WR James Jones
WR Danario Alexander
TE Rob Gronkowski
DEF/ST Denver Broncos

Thoughts?

vonqkilla
08-30-2011, 08:17 PM
200 to spend, 12 teams, we start 5 flex positions RB/WR(both score about the same amount of points), IDP and TE's score decent.

Rivers 45
P Hillis 33
D. Jackson 25
S. Holmes 22
V. Davis 20
Steve Johnson 13
P Harvin 13
L Timmons 5
L Fletcher 3
B Urlacher 1
Patriots D 1
Prater 1

Not a lot of big names, but should put up some great points in our league.
Hillis went for like $25 in my draft. Ill trade u a rb for a wr!

HooptyHoops
08-30-2011, 08:33 PM
Hillis went for like $25 in my draft. Ill trade u a rb for a wr!

I know, I got a little out of control, but I did want him, as he was a monster in fantasy land last year....I've won it the last 2 years, but I'm kinda blah about my team this year...tried to do some different things, but there were very few RB's that I was high on and since we don't have the start any, I usually shy away from them.

HooptyHoops
08-30-2011, 08:34 PM
Mock results from spot 7 in a 12 team league (default scoring)

Starters

QB Matt Schaub
RB Lesean Mccoy
RB Legarette Blount
WR Greg Jennings
WR Brandon Lloyd
WR AJ Green
TE Jason Witten
DEF/ST Jets
K Matt Prater

Bench

QB Kyle Orton
RB Joseph Addai
RB Ronnie Brown
WR James Jones
WR Danario Alexander
TE Rob Gronkowski
DEF/ST Denver Broncos

Thoughts?

This is a slamming team for a 12 person league...what the heck were all the other guys looking at?!!

mwill07
08-30-2011, 08:55 PM
I agree that Stevie Johnson's not the #1 you want, but I think your league results are pretty irregular-- unless Chris has drafted in that league for years and really knows the tendency of the owners, I'd say he's better going off the huge sample size of ADP (average draft position) data rather than any individual draft results we can provide him. MDC's current ADP ( http://www.mockdraftcentral.com/report_adp.jsp ) has seven WRs going in the first 24 picks-- Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Roddy White, Hakeem Nicks, Greg Jennings, Larry Fitzgerald and Reggie Wayne. In a 12-team draft, that leaves guys like Vincent Jackson, Mike Wallace, Mike Williams (Tampa), Dwayne Bowe, DeSean Jackson, Miles Austin and Brandon Lloyd all still on the board in the third round.

Obviously, you have to be able to adjust your strategy on the fly if a crazy run happens, but that doesn't mean you should plan your draft to anticipate one. If the six backs that I listed were the first six picks, I'd take Vick or Rodgers at seven with confidence. Andre Johnson has exceeded 1,300 total yards twice in his career and has never scored double digit touchdowns. Love him as a fantasy player, but I want more than that from my top ten pick. All just my opinion, obviously, but I firmly believe getting a premiere QB gives you more advantage than the approximately 1,300 yards and 10 TDs you're more than likely going to get from Roddy, Andre or Calvin.

More to the point, IMO, is that there is more available depth at WR than RB, especially if your league offers a flex option. In this era of split backfields, you're pretty much out of luck if you don't get a couple of backs from the top two tiers. I'd rather have Stevie Johnson or Mike Williams and the number of targets they're going to get as my top wideout than Jonathon Stewart or Ben-Jarvis GreenWhatsis and their questionable number of carries as my second back, if pressed to it.

I don't mind playing matchups from a group of wideouts the likes of Santonio Holmes, Santana Moss, Kenny Britt, Percy Harvin, Mario Manningham, Steve Smith, Malcolm Floyd or whoever. I can't stand having one of my starting backs blow a knee and ending up praying that Marshawn Lynch or Cedric Benson comes up with one of their three usable games of the season. . . on a weekly basis.

At the worst, if you're going to take a WR in the first round of a 12-team league, I'd say you almost have to come back with RBs in the next two rounds, and target Romo, Manning or Schaub at QB. Otherwise you're going to be praying that Felix Jones or Jahvid Best can hold up for 16 weeks, which is a bad bet in my book. I'd rather take my chances that Johnson can at least match his close to 1,100 yards and 10 TDs (close to good WR1 numbers, very strong WR2 numbers) from last year, than go light at RB and be an injury or two away from starting Brandon Jacobs with the playoffs on the line, and praying he gets more than six carries.

With the injury rate at RB, I just feel you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't draft three that have fairly clear lead back status, and preferrably not a horrible injury history. You have to draft those guys early, or you'll end up depending on your waiver wire position to grab the one or two unforeseen backs that come out of nowhere down the stretch.

Again, obviously all JMO. The point about anticipating runs rather than following them is certainly valid-- I just don't extend it as far as taking a WR in the first round.
I don't necessarily disagree, I'm just trying to provide a counterpoint that it's not necessarily foolish to go WR that early.

IMO, after the the first few RB's are off the board, there's a huge glut of RB's all involved in some sort of time-share. Beyond the first tier, there's a whole lot of guys who aren't all that different. If you can't get someone from the first tier, I say go premium WR, and get one of many servicable tier 2 RB's. Tier 1 is Peterson - McCoy...5 guys (6 with Chris Johnson).. tier 2 is McFadden - Bradshaw or so...roughly 9 guys there.

If you can't get in on the first tier, go ahead and get a top 3 WR, and pick up a second tier RB later on...IMO, there isn't that much of a difference between McFadden and Bradshaw, so might as well get a premium player.

QB follows the same pattern, and I'd say at the upper end their value is about the same as WR.

I just got done with a 10 team re-draft, with varying skill levels represented. I was in the 9th spot. Here is my top 10 based on this leagues configurations::

APeterson
AFoster
RRice
JCharles
LMcCoy
MVick
AJohnson
DMcFadden
MJones-Drew
RWhite

*if you believe CJohnson signs and plays healthy and well all year, he should be in the top 3. I have my doubts.

**Ranking for my upcoming OM fantasy draft will be different than posted above. This was tailored to my league specific rules. There will be changes, but not significant ones.

I took AJohnson @ 1.09 and was ecstatic he dropped to me. @ 2.02, I took MJD, Gates @ 3.09, Lloyd @4.02, and so on. Benson is my RB2, but I'm ok with that as this is a 2 position flex league and I have some good juice w/ Gates @ TE. BTW: instead of Gates/Lloyd, I could have had PHillis, LBlount, FelixJones, etc as my RB2 at the end of round 3 had I chosen to do so.

gunns
08-30-2011, 09:28 PM

My feelings too. I'm always shocked when someone takes a WR in the first round, regardless of the scoring system.

gunns
08-30-2011, 09:33 PM
Partially because I'm low on Charles this year, I take that and run. There's been good things said this preseason about Jackson and the Rams O in general and Hightower obviously has been tearing it up. If anything, trade now then if you don't believe in Hightower, trade him away after he has a 150+ yard game somewhere. Both of those are better than your #2, at least.

I agree.

cutthemdown
08-30-2011, 10:02 PM
I wouldn't be down on Charles as a fantasy player this yr. He's going to be top 5 in RB points.

RhymesayersDU
08-31-2011, 05:00 AM
Need help all:

My work league drafts at 4 today. In this league I have come to discover that TD passes are worth 6 points, which I'm not used to. As such, the player rankings are different than normal. As opposed to the normal AP, Ray Rice, etc, at the top, you have Vick, Brady, etc.

I draft ninth, but should I be taking a QB higher than I'm used to? Or do I hope that Vick, Brady, Rodgers go 1-2-3 and then grab one of the RBs that falls to me?

Boobs McGee
08-31-2011, 07:43 AM
OOOOOOOOoOOOOOOoOOOOooooooooo talk about a poopy draft :( Not the ****tiest of the 12 teams, but definitely not a winner.

Picked 8th (peyton manning and A.P. we're both there, had to grab one of em). Snake draft. Scoring ISNT ppr or ppc - it's like a 1pt every 25 yds for qbs with bonus' over 300 yds, 1pt every 10 yds for rb/wr's with bonus' over 100 yds. D/st gets 2 pts for turnovers/sacks/int's. TD's are worth 6 for everyone (qb's get 4pts). The only difference in your standard starting roster, is that in our league, you can start a QB in your flex as well.

All that being said:

Adrian Peterson
Matt Ryan
Hakeem Nicks
Antonio Gates
Jeremy Maclin
Ryan Grant
Jonathan Stewart
Dirty Sanchez
Pierre Garcon
Sidney rice
Willis Mcahee
Broncs D
Greg Olsen
Rashad jennings
Janikowski
Davone Bess.

Decent depth at RB, but big question marks across the board. Someone please come in and blow sunshine up my ass :/

tsiguy96
08-31-2011, 07:55 AM
OOOOOOOOoOOOOOOoOOOOooooooooo talk about a poopy draft :( Not the ****tiest of the 12 teams, but definitely not a winner.

Picked 8th (peyton manning and A.P. we're both there, had to grab one of em). Snake draft. Scoring ISNT ppr or ppc - it's like a 1pt every 25 yds for qbs with bonus' over 300 yds, 1pt every 10 yds for rb/wr's with bonus' over 100 yds. D/st gets 2 pts for turnovers/sacks/int's. TD's are worth 6 for everyone (qb's get 4pts). The only difference in your standard starting roster, is that in our league, you can start a QB in your flex as well.

All that being said:

Adrian Peterson
Matt Ryan
Hakeem Nicks
Antonio Gates
Jeremy Maclin
Ryan Grant
Jonathan Stewart
Dirty Sanchez
Pierre Garcon
Sidney rice
Willis Mcahee
Broncs D
Greg Olsen
Rashad jennings
Janikowski
Davone Bess.

Decent depth at RB, but big question marks across the board. Someone please come in and blow sunshine up my ass :/

dont like matt ryan at 2, or ryan grant at all...

Chris
08-31-2011, 08:14 AM
I think James Starks will have at least an equal workload to Grant.

Where would you draft Matt Ryan? Ryan over Schaub?

Boobs McGee
08-31-2011, 08:55 AM
dont like matt ryan at 2, or ryan grant at all...

RIGHT!!?!?! Ryan was a desperation move...so much emphasis on qb in our league, and there was a run going :(

Grant was a big question mark, but I figured starks was having ankle problems..so roll of the dice! FML the more I look at it the more I just donated $50 to my ffl. ****.

mwill07
08-31-2011, 09:25 AM
RIGHT!!?!?! Ryan was a desperation move...so much emphasis on qb in our league, and there was a run going :(

Grant was a big question mark, but I figured starks was having ankle problems..so roll of the dice! FML the more I look at it the more I just donated $50 to my ffl. ****.

I'm guessing that in a league where you can start 2 QB's, there will be an early run of them.

Peterson was a good choice, and I won't levy any blame for taking Matt Ryan in the second. Forget about ADP - those don't really apply for start 2 QB leagues.

Beyond that, I'm not sold on Nicks. i like gates where you got him.

Past Gates, the only pick I really like is mcGahee.

RhymesayersDU
08-31-2011, 10:29 AM
ARIAN FOSTER TORN HAMMY.

Boobs McGee
08-31-2011, 10:49 AM
ooooooh ****ty!

bowtown
08-31-2011, 10:59 AM
ARIAN FOSTER TORN HAMMY.

Or not...

Arian Foster: Arian Foster tweets MRI of his hamstring
Arian Foster - RB - HOU - Aug. 31 - 1:22 pm et
Arian Foster tweeted an MRI of his hamstring injury Wednesday, and assures that he'll be "fine."
ESPN's John Clayton quickly jumped to the conclusion that Foster wouldn't be ready for Week 1 after viewing the MRI, but we didn't know Clayton has a medical background. "If I had a 'significant injury' why post it?" Foster then tweeted. "I'll be fine, it was just meant to make fun of the whole situation. Humor is lost nowadays." There have been rumors that Foster has a torn hamstring, but nothing to confirm them. Foster doesn't seem worried, and the Texans wouldn't be letting him run on the side of practice with a muscle tear. Aug. 31 - 1:22 pm et

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=5469&line=211106&spln=1

RhymesayersDU
08-31-2011, 11:44 AM
Sorry, was reported on the radio, must have been premature.

Chris
08-31-2011, 06:34 PM
Ok just finished the twelve team draft

standard scoring + rb/wr flex spot

Starters

QB Sam Bradford
RB Lesean Mccoy
RB Beanie Wells
RB/WR Tim Hightower
WR Roddy White
WR Reggie Wayne
TE Jason Witten
D/ST Chicago Bears

Bench

QB Kyle Orton
RB Willis McGahee
RB Ben Tate
WR AJ Green
WR Santana Moss
TE Aaron Hernandez
D/ST Denver Broncos

Thoughts? I kind of screwed up in rounds 3 to 4. I had the chance to draft Lloyd or Steve Johnson but all I had at that point was Lesean Mccoy + Roddy White and Wayne.

mwill07
08-31-2011, 06:50 PM
Ok just finished the twelve team draft

standard scoring + rb/wr flex spot

Starters

QB Sam Bradford
RB Lesean Mccoy
RB Beanie Wells
RB/WR Tim Hightower
WR Roddy White
WR Reggie Wayne
TE Jason Witten
D/ST Chicago Bears

Bench

QB Kyle Orton
RB Willis McGahee
RB Ben Tate
WR AJ Green
WR Santana Moss
TE Aaron Hernandez
D/ST Denver Broncos

Thoughts? I kind of screwed up in rounds 3 to 4. I had the chance to draft Lloyd or Steve Johnson but all I had at that point was Lesean Mccoy + Roddy White and Wayne.

solid team. a little thin @ QB. Not all that keen on Beanie. Love the starting WR's +McCoy. Broncos D probably was a wasted pick, as they would probably be on the WW, at least for a week or two.

Who did you take @ 3 &4 instead of Steve Johnson or Lloyd?

DBroncos4life
08-31-2011, 07:02 PM
solid team. a little thin @ QB. Not all that keen on Beanie. Love the starting WR's +McCoy. Broncos D probably was a wasted pick, as they would probably be on the WW, at least for a week or two.

I drafted the Broncos D in the last round for our first three games alone.

tnedator
08-31-2011, 07:12 PM
I drafted Foster in the only league where I had an early pick (#2). Between his hammy and CJ's holdout, it was a crap choice.

Chris
08-31-2011, 07:13 PM

Sorry I misspoke. It was round 6 and I took Tim Hightower.

My team at that point was

RB Lesean Mccoy (Rd 1)
WR Roddy White (Rd 2)
WR Reggie Wayne (Rd 3)
RB Beanie Wells (Rd 4)
TE Jason Witten (Rd 5)

Basically ****ed myself with the Wells pick so I got nervous about RB. I always stack myself at WR and come just short so I wanted to be more RB heavy this year.

mwill07
08-31-2011, 07:33 PM
I drafted the Broncos D in the last round for our first three games alone.

you know what...not a bad strategy. I like it.

mwill07
08-31-2011, 07:35 PM
Sorry I misspoke. It was round 6 and I took Tim Hightower.

My team at that point was

RB Lesean Mccoy (Rd 1)
WR Roddy White (Rd 2)
WR Reggie Wayne (Rd 3)
RB Beanie Wells (Rd 4)
TE Jason Witten (Rd 5)

Basically ****ed myself with the Wells pick so I got nervous about RB. I always stack myself at WR and come just short so I wanted to be more RB heavy this year.

well, Hightower > Wells. I wouldn't sweat that one.

DBroncos4life
08-31-2011, 07:37 PM
you know what...not a bad strategy. I like it.

I just hope that CJ doesn't make it back for the Tenn game but, I'm sure he will. I still like my chances with our D during that span.

mwill07
08-31-2011, 07:55 PM
I just hope that CJ doesn't make it back for the Tenn game but, I'm sure he will. I still like my chances with our D during that span.

actually, we bottled him up pretty good last year. Probably our D's best game all year.

Chris
08-31-2011, 08:41 PM
Thoughts on AJ Green?

bowtown
08-31-2011, 08:45 PM
Thoughts on AJ Green?

I drafted him late in one league, but I'm not expecting too much. On the right team, he could be a total late round steal, but with Dalton as his QB, I'm just not sure if you can expect that much. That said, he's really their primary option, so you never know.

Chris
08-31-2011, 08:49 PM
Thoughts on my team browntown?

bowtown
08-31-2011, 08:55 PM
I like it. I have some concerns about your flex position. I like the Wells pick but if he goes down, as per usual, I don't really see another 3rd RB or WR that I love on your roster if Hightower gets bumped up.

I think Hernandez gets you more points than Witten this year.

Edit: Sorry, for some reason I saw Wayne and thought Harrison. Disregard my final thought.

Chris
08-31-2011, 09:02 PM
Thanks.

Harrison?

http://bigfanboy.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/harrisonford-funny-header.jpg

Garrison?

http://images1.makefive.com/images/entertainment/television/the-worst-most-evil-or-just-plain-stupid-educators-in-tv-and/mrmrs-harrison---south-park-7.jpg

bowtown
08-31-2011, 09:03 PM
Thanks.

Harrison?

http://bigfanboy.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/harrisonford-funny-header.jpg

Oops, edited. It's late. Obviously Harrison would be a thorn in your side... sitting on his couch.

Chris
08-31-2011, 09:07 PM
Marvin?

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f229/Eh-Nam/marvinharisonarmedtestback2.jpg

biggymac609
09-01-2011, 06:42 AM
just had my draft last night let me know what you think!
12 man league
PPR
IDP league
1 point per tackle

QB peyton manning
rb frank gore
rb fred jackson
wr larry fitzgerald
wr davone bess
wr AJ green
te antonio gates
flex cedric benson
def giants
k matt bryant
db: charles woodson
db: bernard pollard
d: jon beason
d: james farrior
d: paris lenon
d: kevin burnett
Bench:
steve smith (car)
rob meachem
kyle orton
ryan torian
brandon jackson

Chris
09-01-2011, 07:54 AM
robert meachem was supposedly a late round steal. Don't know enough about the saints to comment.

Jens1893
09-02-2011, 07:26 AM
QB - Ben, Joe Flacco
RB - CJ2K, Matt Forte, Ryan Matthews, Daily Show
WR - Mike Wallace, Brandon Marshall, Wes Welker, Kenny Britt, Jacoby Ford
TE - Antonio Gates, Jared Cook
K - Josh Brown
D - Saints

10 team, 6 per TD, non PPR, start 2 WR+RB + one flex RB/WR

1. (3) Chris Johnson RB
2. (18) Matt Forte RB
3. (23) Mike Wallace WR
4. (38) Antonio Gates TE
5. (43) Brandon Marshall WR
6. (58) Ben Roethlisberger QB
7. (63) Wes Welker WR
8. (78) Kenny Britt WR
9. (83) Ryan Mathews RB
10. (98) Joe Flacco QB
11. (103) Jonathan Stewart RB
12. (118) Jacoby Ford WR
13. (123) Jared Cook TE
14. (138) New Orleans DEF
15. (143) Josh Brown K

That One Guy
09-02-2011, 07:29 AM
QB - Ben, Joe Flacco
RB - CJ2K, Matt Forte, Ryan Matthews, Daily Show
WR - Mike Wallace, Brandon Marshall, Wes Welker, Kenny Britt, Jacoby Ford
TE - Antonio Gates, Jared Cook
K - Josh Brown
D - Saints

10 team, 6 per TD, non PPR, start 2 WR+RB + one flex RB/WR

1. (3) Chris Johnson RB
2. (18) Matt Forte RB
3. (23) Mike Wallace WR
4. (38) Antonio Gates TE
5. (43) Brandon Marshall WR
6. (58) Ben Roethlisberger QB
7. (63) Wes Welker WR
8. (78) Kenny Britt WR
9. (83) Ryan Mathews RB
10. (98) Joe Flacco QB
11. (103) Jonathan Stewart RB
12. (118) Jacoby Ford WR
13. (123) Jared Cook TE
14. (138) New Orleans DEF
15. (143) Josh Brown K

If we see the Forte from a few years ago, solid roster. If it's the more recent guy, the RBs are less than ideal. I like the WRs though. The QB/WR link makes them boom or bust so I always avoid it when I can but they're probably as reliable as any combo in the league at this point.

Boobs McGee
09-03-2011, 05:01 PM
OK, so, second draft went a LOT better for me, here ya go:

QB: Michael Vick (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/VickMi00-1.php), Peyton Manning (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/MannPe00-1.php)
RB: LeGarrette Blount (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/BlouLe00-1.php), Ryan Mathews (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/MathRy00-1.php), BenJarvus Green-Ellis (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/GreeBe00-1.php), Roy Helu (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/HeluRo00-1.php)
WR: Kenny Britt (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/BritKe00-1.php), Steve Johnson (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/JohnSt00-1.php), Johnny Knox (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/KnoxJo00-1.php), Malcom Floyd (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/FloyMa00-1.php), Derrick Mason (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/MasoDe00-1.php), Mohamed Massaquoi (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/MassMo00-1.php)
TE: Antonio Gates (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/GateAn00-1.php), Tony Gonzalez (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/GonzTo00-1.php)
PK: Sebastian Janikowski (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/JaniSe44-1.php)
TD: Green Bay Packers (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/gnbxxx99-1.php)

Little worried about my wr situation, but I figure the peyton/vick combo (i can start two qb's) will get me through until about week 15 haha. I just have to hope that Indy and Philly aren't locks for the postseason :/

That One Guy
09-03-2011, 08:31 PM
OK, so, second draft went a LOT better for me, here ya go:

QB: Michael Vick (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/VickMi00-1.php), Peyton Manning (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/MannPe00-1.php)
RB: LeGarrette Blount (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/BlouLe00-1.php), Ryan Mathews (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/MathRy00-1.php), BenJarvus Green-Ellis (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/GreeBe00-1.php), Roy Helu (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/HeluRo00-1.php)
WR: Kenny Britt (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/BritKe00-1.php), Steve Johnson (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/JohnSt00-1.php), Johnny Knox (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/KnoxJo00-1.php), Malcom Floyd (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/FloyMa00-1.php), Derrick Mason (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/MasoDe00-1.php), Mohamed Massaquoi (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/MassMo00-1.php)
TE: Antonio Gates (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/GateAn00-1.php), Tony Gonzalez (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/GonzTo00-1.php)
PK: Sebastian Janikowski (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/JaniSe44-1.php)
TD: Green Bay Packers (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/gnbxxx99-1.php)

Little worried about my wr situation, but I figure the peyton/vick combo (i can start two qb's) will get me through until about week 15 haha. I just have to hope that Indy and Philly aren't locks for the postseason :/

How many teams?

And anyone still running a half-serious league after week 15 is an idiot. The playoffs shouldn't rely upon what waiver wire pickups do best in garbage games.