PDA

View Full Version : FF Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Shananahan
09-03-2011, 10:22 PM
I'm pretty confused on how you managed to land both Vick and Manning in a league where you can start two QBs. Solid team, though I think you're right about your WRs. Gates will probably score more points than any of those guys.

Shananahan
09-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Ok just finished the twelve team draft

standard scoring + rb/wr flex spot

Starters

QB Sam Bradford
RB Lesean Mccoy
RB Beanie Wells
RB/WR Tim Hightower
WR Roddy White
WR Reggie Wayne
TE Jason Witten
D/ST Chicago Bears

Bench

QB Kyle Orton
RB Willis McGahee
RB Ben Tate
WR AJ Green
WR Santana Moss
TE Aaron Hernandez
D/ST Denver Broncos

Thoughts?
I like this team. Are you running a PPR league? If so, nabbing White in the 2nd round was a steal. I think Wayne continues to fall off a little more this year, but Green and Moss are good depth. I think Witten will have a great season. I grabbed Bradford in a 16-team league after missing out on my target QBs who went higher than I was prepared to draft them (Rivers, Ryan, etc). I think he'll have a solid year there with McDaniels calling the shots.

Shananahan
09-03-2011, 10:38 PM
I've been doing two different leagues for the past several years among the same sets of friends, and usually have several guys I like enough to try and draft them in each league. Bradford's one of those guys this year, especially since this league awards .25 points per completion and I expect him to have a boatload of them.

14-team league, drafted 11th so I missed out on a marquee RB:

QB Sam Bradford (6th)
RB Michael Turner (2nd)
RB Ryan Grant (4th)
RB/WR Fred Jackson (5th)
WR Calvin Johnson (1st)
WR Brandon Lloyd (3rd)
WR/TE Santana Moss (7th)
TE Chris Cooley (9th)
K Matt Bryant (15th)
D/ST New England Patriots (10th)

Bench:

RB Michael Bush (8th)
RB Thomas Jones (11th)
RB Jason Snelling (13th)
WR Lee Evans (12th)
WR Brandon Gibson (16th)
D/ST New York Giants (14th)

I'm way too thin at TE, and I'll probably be picking up somebody off waivers sooner or later. I was trying to hold out for the Kendricks kid from St. Louis there, but missed my shot. I'm also an idiot for drafting two defenses that share the same bye week. I loaded up on RBs this year after losing some of my top picks last season early on doomed me.

Feedback would be cool.

Boobs McGee
09-04-2011, 02:21 AM
@that one guy - I dunno, that's how both my leagues have been since I've been in them. 12 teams, playoffs go from week 15 and end in 17 with the finals. Just have to pick accordingly, which is one of the reasons I'm nervous about peyton and vick.

@ shanahan - I honestly don't know how I got that lucky...I picked third (in a group that's pretty legit in terms of knowledgeable football folks), a.p. and foster went 1-2, so I shnagged vick. Then there was a run of qbs, rbs, and Andre Johnson. I think a lot of people were worried about peytons surgery and late season garbage time. I ended up taking gates in the fourth ( reach, but a LOT of solid wrs were already gone, and the guy picking before me got Clark, so I said **** it).

Lucky, but risky at the same time. I just hope BOTH teams need to win to get in come playoff time, or else my point production goes WAY down. And that's assuming peyton isn't affected by the neck. We'll see

MileHighMagic
09-04-2011, 08:27 AM
12 teamer - ppr - 6pt tds

QB Brees, Drew
QB Cutler, Jay

RB Charles, Jamaal
RB Jones, Felix
RB Starks, James
RB Mcgahee, Willis
RB Bush, Michael

WR Marshall, Brandon
WR Jones, Julio
WR Burress, Plaxico
WR Garçon, Pierre
WR Decker, Eric

TE Witten, Jason
TE Cook, Jared

K Prater, Matt

DEF SD Chargers

WR could be an issue if Julio and Plaxico don't pan out. I have to start 3WR every week btw. Maybe I could trade one of my reserve RBs when and if they get the starting nod.

Witten has a week 5 bye and the SD def has a week 6 bye... I was thinking about picking up Demaryius after that. Thoughts?

ICON
09-04-2011, 09:46 AM
10 teamer - ppr - 6pt tds

Philip Rivers QB - SD

Maurice Jones-Drew RB -

Jamaal Charles RB - KC

Wes Welker WR - NE

Miles Austin WR - DAL

Rob Gronkowski TE - NE

W/R
Knowshon Moreno RB - DEN

BN
Kyle Orton QB - DEN

BN
Reggie Bush RB - MIA View News

BN
Plaxico Burress WR - NYJ

BN
A.J. Green WR - CIN

BN
Brandon Lloyd WR - DEN

BN
Zach Miller TE - SEA

Matt Prater K - DEN

New York Giants DEF

That One Guy
09-04-2011, 10:18 AM
12 teamer - ppr - 6pt tds

QB Brees, Drew
QB Cutler, Jay

RB Charles, Jamaal
RB Jones, Felix
RB Starks, James
RB Mcgahee, Willis
RB Bush, Michael

WR Marshall, Brandon
WR Jones, Julio
WR Burress, Plaxico
WR Garçon, Pierre
WR Decker, Eric

TE Witten, Jason
TE Cook, Jared

K Prater, Matt

DEF SD Chargers

WR could be an issue if Julio and Plaxico don't pan out. I have to start 3WR every week btw. Maybe I could trade one of my reserve RBs when and if they get the starting nod.

Witten has a week 5 bye and the SD def has a week 6 bye... I was thinking about picking up Demaryius after that. Thoughts?

I really like your team. One thing to consider would be hope for Plax to start out hot and then dump him. Maybe make it a package deal so people don't question why you're specifically trying to dump him but I've seen comments from people that while he looks good right now, he wont be able to hold up the entire season. You could use a hot streak to solidify the position with someone more stable. If the Jets have taught us anything, they've taught us that their players go through hot streaks.

That One Guy
09-04-2011, 10:21 AM
10 teamer - ppr - 6pt tds

Philip Rivers QB - SD

Maurice Jones-Drew RB -

Jamaal Charles RB - KC

Wes Welker WR - NE

Miles Austin WR - DAL

Rob Gronkowski TE - NE

W/R
Knowshon Moreno RB - DEN

BN
Kyle Orton QB - DEN

BN
Reggie Bush RB - MIA View News

BN
Plaxico Burress WR - NYJ

BN
A.J. Green WR - CIN

BN
Brandon Lloyd WR - DEN

BN
Zach Miller TE - SEA

Matt Prater K - DEN

New York Giants DEF

MJD and Charles in a 10 teamer? Nice. Both are boom/bust picks this year, I think though. A lot of risk in each.

Do you have a good opinion on Bush though? I want to believe since he's basically their last bastion of hope at RB but, at the same time, I can't sink my teeth into Bush as an every down back.

ICON
09-04-2011, 10:28 AM
MJD and Charles in a 10 teamer? Nice. Both are boom/bust picks this year, I think though. A lot of risk in each.

Do you have a good opinion on Bush though? I want to believe since he's basically their last bastion of hope at RB but, at the same time, I can't sink my teeth into Bush as an every down back.

I am on the same vibe that he is basically their last bastion of hope at RB.

Broncoman13
09-04-2011, 10:30 AM
OM 10 team, .3 ppr, bonus for length of TDs and 100/300 yard games.

Tom Brady
Arian Foster
Darren McFadden
Reggie Wayne
Brandon Marshall
Jeremy Maclin
Jermichael Finley
Neil Rackers
Packers D

Woodhead
Starks
Tate
Plaxico
Dallas Clark
Giants D

MileHighMagic
09-04-2011, 10:46 AM
I really like your team. One thing to consider would be hope for Plax to start out hot and then dump him. Maybe make it a package deal so people don't question why you're specifically trying to dump him but I've seen comments from people that while he looks good right now, he wont be able to hold up the entire season. You could use a hot streak to solidify the position with someone more stable. If the Jets have taught us anything, they've taught us that their players go through hot streaks.

I will keep that in mind - thanks!

RhymesayersDU
09-04-2011, 10:54 AM
My work league, 12 teamer:

Matt Schaub
Ahmad Bradshaw
LaGarrette Blount
Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Pierre Garcon
the Jets TE
forget which kicker
Lions defense

bench
Orton
Addai
Starks
Another WR or 2, nobody of note

Thoughts? I don't have the team in front of me and the link is in my work e-mail since it was a work league. I need to remember to forward it to my personal so I can be able to edit my team from home. Anyways, tear it apart.

HAT
09-04-2011, 11:19 AM
OM League...Same rules as B'man a few posts up.

Bradford, Sam STL QB (10.3)
Brees, Drew NOS QB (2.3)

Bush, Reggie MIA RB (9.3)
Greene, Shonn NYJ RB (4.3)
Hightower, Tim WAS RB (5.8)
McCoy, LeSean PHI RB (1.8)
Tolbert, Mike SDC RB (12.3)

Bryant, Dez DAL WR (6.3)
Burleson, Nate DET WR (11.8)
Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR (3.8)
Manningham, Mario NYG WR (8.3)
Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR (13.8)

Graham, Jimmy NOS TE (7.8)

Bironas, Rob TEN PK (15.8)

49ers, San Francisco SFO Def (14.3)

Was really happy McCoy fell to #8. Otherwise I was going to take Brees there to set up a QB run and assure myself Gore at #13.

Stoked to get Fitz at 3.8

Was targeting Felix at 4.3 and thought for sure he'd be there...Got swooped and kind of panicked into Greene. That's really the only pick I'm not 100% happy with, value wise.

Drek
09-04-2011, 11:25 AM

I'd be real tentative on Bush myself.

Sporano's latest quotes on Daniel Thomas, the rookie they drafted in the 2nd and want to be their workhorse:

“He’s been good the last couple of weeks,” Sparano said after the short practice week wrapped up Tuesday. “He ran the ball good today. We did some things that way, tried to get him and Larry (Johnson) and some of these guys a few more turns, so whenever he gets the ball a bunch he starts to get into a bit more lather. We had a full-contact practice and it worked out pretty good.”

The bold part is particularly ominous for Bush owners. A lot has been made of Thomas' struggles this pre-season but its very possibly just a stiff rookie learning curve due to the short off-season. Sparano and co. feel like he's coming around some now though and Sparano has directly said that a heavy work load might be needed to help him find a groove.

HAT
09-04-2011, 11:26 AM
BTW....Here's a pretty cool FF site for those that don't know it.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/rate-my-team/form.php

That One Guy
09-04-2011, 02:20 PM
I'd be real tentative on Bush myself.

Sporano's latest quotes on Daniel Thomas, the rookie they drafted in the 2nd and want to be their workhorse:

The bold part is particularly ominous for Bush owners. A lot has been made of Thomas' struggles this pre-season but its very possibly just a stiff rookie learning curve due to the short off-season. Sparano and co. feel like he's coming around some now though and Sparano has directly said that a heavy work load might be needed to help him find a groove.

Good call. I was putting everything into the Thomas was struggling rumors and it sounded recently like they were disappointed in him so maybe it'll be worth watching, I guess.

eddie mac
09-04-2011, 02:29 PM
My draft in a 12 team NFL.com league

QB P Manning
QB Stafford
QB Tebow

RB Peterson
RB Greene
RB McGahee

WR Fitzgerald
WR S Holmes
WR Britt
WR M Floyd

TE Witten
TE Keller

K Gostkowski

DEF Saints
DEF Chargers

That One Guy
09-04-2011, 02:43 PM
My draft in a 12 team NFL.com league

QB P Manning
QB Stafford
QB Tebow

RB Peterson
RB Greene
RB McGahee

WR Fitzgerald
WR S Holmes
WR Britt
WR M Floyd

TE Witten
TE Keller

K Gostkowski

DEF Saints
DEF Chargers

Conventional QB/RB/WR/WR/TE league or some special arrangement? Just curious of the need for backup QBs x 2, TE, and DEF. I ascribe to a theory of quantity at RB/WR over true backups. You have competent players at each so I guess maybe you play matchups rather than set it and forget it?

RhymesayersDU
09-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Just finished my draft with friends:

Michael Vick, Phi QB
Michael Turner, Atl RB
LeGarrette Blount, TB RB
Santonio Holmes, NYJ WR
DeSean Jackson, Phi WR
Brandon Lloyd, Den WR P
Kellen Winslow, TB TE P
Saints D/ST D/ST
Rob Bironas, Ten K

Wes Welker, NE WR P
Tim Hightower, Wsh RB
Joseph Addai, Ind RB
Malcom Floyd, SD WR P
Sam Bradford, StL QB
Danny Woodhead, NE RB
Jimmy Graham, NO TE

cutthemdown
09-04-2011, 06:51 PM
My work league, 12 teamer:

Matt Schaub
Ahmad Bradshaw
LaGarrette Blount
Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Pierre Garcon
the Jets TE
forget which kicker
Lions defense

bench
Orton
Addai
Starks
Another WR or 2, nobody of note

Thoughts? I don't have the team in front of me and the link is in my work e-mail since it was a work league. I need to remember to forward it to my personal so I can be able to edit my team from home. Anyways, tear it apart.

You are really pushing it at RB but your WR kick ass. Looks like you went WR 1, 2, then took blount in the 3rd? That is a risky way to draft but at least you got the 2 best wr in the league IMO. Addai will not be playable IMO, starks is iffy also. Hopefully your 2 starting rbs stay healthy and Blount improves.

That One Guy
09-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Uh oh... Rumor time per PFT:

Indy radio host says Peyton needs another neck procedure (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/04/indy-radio-host-says-peyton-needs-another-neck-procedure/)

Here’s one that we considered holding until we could get confirmation. But the emails are flowing in like chocolates on a conveyor belt, and the only way to turn the machine off is to post an item on what could be a stunning development in the saga of Colts quarterback Peyton Manning (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1493/peyton-manning).
Radio host John Michael Vincent of ESPN 1070 in Indianapolis says via Twitter, citing multiple unnamed sources, that Manning needs another procedure on his neck (https://twitter.com/#%21/JMV1070/status/110501625562533888), and that Manning is out indefinitely.
Manning has had two neck surgeries in the last two years, and there have been concerns regarding his recovery and rehabilitation. The team’s recent decision to sign Kerry Collins raised eyebrows. Since then, Manning has been activated from the Physically Unable to Perform list, and he lately has seemed upbeat when discussing the situation with the media. Also, the decision to keep only two other quarterbacks.
Says John Michael Vincent, who goes by his initials on the air, of his report: “I’m not trying to be a newsbreaker. Never cared for that. I thought you would like to know. Seems to be solid. If I’m wrong U can torch me (https://twitter.com/#%21/JMV1070/status/110505712110682112).”
The Colts have been silent so far, but owner Jim Irsay has made an indirect reference on Twitter to the classic astronaut SOS: “Houston, we have a problem.” Instead of typing those words, Irsay has opted for the lesser-known follow up (http://twitter.com/#%21/JimIrsay/status/110504722141679616).
“Excuse me, sir, I think this will be our finest hour.”
If JMV is accurate, Colts fans will have a hard time agreeing with that.

RhymesayersDU
09-04-2011, 08:21 PM
You are really pushing it at RB but your WR kick ass. Looks like you went WR 1, 2, then took blount in the 3rd? That is a risky way to draft but at least you got the 2 best wr in the league IMO. Addai will not be playable IMO, starks is iffy also. Hopefully your 2 starting rbs stay healthy and Blount improves.

Well here's the thing; my league is set up in a way that makes QBs and WRs very valuable. 6 points for a TD pass, and PPR. So when we started the draft, for instance, the top projected was Vick, followed by Brees, Brady and Rogers.

However, come draft time, nobody in my league really followed that. Nothing but RBs and Vick went before I picked at 9. So then it got to me. With no elite RBs left, I didn't want to reach down and pick a RB ranked like 30th overall. So I took Andre Johnson. A couple more RBs go. And so at my 2nd round pick, same thought. Go for BPA and don't reach for a RB. Enter Calvin Johnson. 3rd round, Matt Schaub, to pair with AJ. It wasn't until the 4th and 5th that I took Bradshaw and Blount.

Believe me, this wasn't my strategy going into it. It's just how the draft kind of played out.

Anyways re: Addai, I've been hearing nothing but good. Matthew Berry was high on him. I'm not saying he's the unquestioned authority, but I felt good about that late-round pick. Unplayable? I think that's nuts. He's their starting running back and he's healthy. And only 28.

Boobs McGee
09-04-2011, 08:23 PM
Uh oh... Rumor time per PFT:

Indy radio host says Peyton needs another neck procedure (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/04/indy-radio-host-says-peyton-needs-another-neck-procedure/)

Here’s one that we considered holding until we could get confirmation. But the emails are flowing in like chocolates on a conveyor belt, and the only way to turn the machine off is to post an item on what could be a stunning development in the saga of Colts quarterback Peyton Manning (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1493/peyton-manning).
Radio host John Michael Vincent of ESPN 1070 in Indianapolis says via Twitter, citing multiple unnamed sources, that Manning needs another procedure on his neck (https://twitter.com/#%21/JMV1070/status/110501625562533888), and that Manning is out indefinitely.
Manning has had two neck surgeries in the last two years, and there have been concerns regarding his recovery and rehabilitation. The team’s recent decision to sign Kerry Collins raised eyebrows. Since then, Manning has been activated from the Physically Unable to Perform list, and he lately has seemed upbeat when discussing the situation with the media. Also, the decision to keep only two other quarterbacks.
Says John Michael Vincent, who goes by his initials on the air, of his report: “I’m not trying to be a newsbreaker. Never cared for that. I thought you would like to know. Seems to be solid. If I’m wrong U can torch me (https://twitter.com/#%21/JMV1070/status/110505712110682112).”
The Colts have been silent so far, but owner Jim Irsay has made an indirect reference on Twitter to the classic astronaut SOS: “Houston, we have a problem.” Instead of typing those words, Irsay has opted for the lesser-known follow up (http://twitter.com/#%21/JimIrsay/status/110504722141679616).
“Excuse me, sir, I think this will be our finest hour.”
If JMV is accurate, Colts fans will have a hard time agreeing with that.

Well **** me running. That just puts a big red flag on two of my teams :( I wish I'd seen this before today's draft

DBroncos4life
09-04-2011, 08:48 PM
I just drafted in a ten team league. Standard scoring.

QB Rivers, Romo
RB Steven Jackson, Ray Rice, Forte, Tolbert, B Tate, and McGahee
WR Marshall, Colston, Steve Johnson, Ochocinco, L Evans
TE Pettigrew
K Janikowski
D Pats

That One Guy
09-04-2011, 09:28 PM
Well here's the thing; my league is set up in a way that makes QBs and WRs very valuable. 6 points for a TD pass, and PPR. So when we started the draft, for instance, the top projected was Vick, followed by Brees, Brady and Rogers.

However, come draft time, nobody in my league really followed that. Nothing but RBs and Vick went before I picked at 9. So then it got to me. With no elite RBs left, I didn't want to reach down and pick a RB ranked like 30th overall. So I took Andre Johnson. A couple more RBs go. And so at my 2nd round pick, same thought. Go for BPA and don't reach for a RB. Enter Calvin Johnson. 3rd round, Matt Schaub, to pair with AJ. It wasn't until the 4th and 5th that I took Bradshaw and Blount.

Believe me, this wasn't my strategy going into it. It's just how the draft kind of played out.

Anyways re: Addai, I've been hearing nothing but good. Matthew Berry was high on him. I'm not saying he's the unquestioned authority, but I felt good about that late-round pick. Unplayable? I think that's nuts. He's their starting running back and he's healthy. And only 28.

#1 Rule in FF if you ask me. You should always consider your pick in relation to what you can pick later. If there's 10 guys at the same level, any of the ten will work the same and you can save your pick because no idiot is going to pick all ten of them. That's why having an idea of your rankings rather than just picking on the fly is important.

As for Addai, he went way down my board along with Wayne and Manning. I wasn't comfortable with Manning coming back this season during the only draft I've done so far so all the Colts fell hard. If they're starting Kerry Collins, it's not necessarily a bad thing to have him but he wont produce early. Once Collins is in his comfort zone, then they might roll with Addai and succeed. Until then, though, they just don't have an OL to take 9 or 10 guys playing run and succeeding. If Manning comes back though, he's a complete steal.

DBroncos4life
09-04-2011, 09:32 PM
I just drafted in a ten team league. Standard scoring.

QB Rivers, Romo
RB Steven Jackson, Ray Rice, Forte, Tolbert, B Tate, and McGahee
WR Marshall, Colston, Steve Johnson, Ochocinco, L Evans
TE Pettigrew
K Janikowski
D Pats

I had the 7th pick as well...

Chris
09-06-2011, 08:06 AM
I've been doing two different leagues for the past several years among the same sets of friends, and usually have several guys I like enough to try and draft them in each league. Bradford's one of those guys this year, especially since this league awards .25 points per completion and I expect him to have a boatload of them.

14-team league, drafted 11th so I missed out on a marquee RB:

QB Sam Bradford (6th)
RB Michael Turner (2nd)
RB Ryan Grant (4th)
RB/WR Fred Jackson (5th)
WR Calvin Johnson (1st)
WR Brandon Lloyd (3rd)
WR/TE Santana Moss (7th)
TE Chris Cooley (9th)
K Matt Bryant (15th)
D/ST New England Patriots (10th)

Bench:

RB Michael Bush (8th)
RB Thomas Jones (11th)
RB Jason Snelling (13th)
WR Lee Evans (12th)
WR Brandon Gibson (16th)
D/ST New York Giants (14th)

I'm way too thin at TE, and I'll probably be picking up somebody off waivers sooner or later. I was trying to hold out for the Kendricks kid from St. Louis there, but missed my shot. I'm also an idiot for drafting two defenses that share the same bye week. I loaded up on RBs this year after losing some of my top picks last season early on doomed me.

Feedback would be cool.

I guess you and I are both banking on Bradford having a breakout year. No backup QB? Who's available?

I really like your WRs. Both Blloyd and Santana Moss are underrated. To give you an example of the bias against Broncos - many people think Jamaal Charles is undoubtedly going to repeat last years performance (I don't think he will) and Blloyd's season was an aberration. Lee Evans could be a total stud in that vertical offense.

I'm lukewarm on your RBs. I think James Starks could take away significantly from Grant this year. Thomas Jones looks like something of a steal that late but I have concerns he'll finally start to slow down.

Chris
09-06-2011, 08:11 AM
OM 10 team, .3 ppr, bonus for length of TDs and 100/300 yard games.

Tom Brady
Arian Foster
Darren McFadden
Reggie Wayne
Brandon Marshall
Jeremy Maclin
Jermichael Finley
Neil Rackers
Packers D

Woodhead
Starks
Tate
Plaxico
Dallas Clark
Giants D

I think Brady is in for a bitchin year and Wayne will still put up big numbers despite Peyton's absence. Foster is boom / bust. Dude gets injured too much for my liking. Good insurance on Tate though. Plax is a nice guy to have on the bench in case he breaks out, but you knew that. Packers D with Giants as a reserve? That's crazy.

Very good team. I think you're already in a good place.

bfoflcommish
09-06-2011, 08:36 AM
here are my 2 drafts.

This is a 10 team league I drafted 9th
Aaron Rodgers QB GNB
Frank Gore RB SFO
LeSean McCoy RB PHI
Brandon Lloyd WR DEN
DeSean Jackson WR PHI
Marcedes Lewis TE JAC
Matt Prater K DEN
New Orleans Saints Def/ST
Matthew Stafford QB DET
Ryan Grant RB GNB
Knowshon Moreno RB DEN
Shonn Greene RB NYJ
Javon Ringer RB TEN
Plaxico Burress WR NYJ
Roy Williams WR CHI
Braylon Edwards WR
Sidney Rice WR SEA
Eddie Royal WR DEN
Julius Thomas TE DEN
Garrett Hartley K NOR

This is a 12 team league I drafted 4th

QB Drew Brees, NO QB
RB Arian Foster, Hou RB
RB Ryan Grant, GB RB
WR/TE DeSean Jackson, Phi WR
WR/TE Brandon Lloyd, Den WR
WR/TE Roy Williams, Chi WR
D/ST Falcons D/ST
K Matt Prater, Den K
Bench Cedric Benson, Cin RB
Bench Marshawn Lynch, Sea RB
Bench Jay Cutler, Chi QB
Bench Plaxico Burress, NYJ WR
Bench Zach Miller, Sea TE
Bench Montario Hardesty, Cle RB
Bench Giants D/ST
Bench Adam Vinatieri, Ind K

Shananahan
09-06-2011, 11:51 AM
I guess you and I are both banking on Bradford having a breakout year. No backup QB? Who's available?

I really like your WRs. Both Blloyd and Santana Moss are underrated. To give you an example of the bias against Broncos - many people think Jamaal Charles is undoubtedly going to repeat last years performance (I don't think he will) and Blloyd's season was an aberration. Lee Evans could be a total stud in that vertical offense.

I'm lukewarm on your RBs. I think James Starks could take away significantly from Grant this year. Thomas Jones looks like something of a steal that late but I have concerns he'll finally start to slow down.
Thanks. And yeah, let's hope Bradford throws about ten more touchdowns this year.

I've seen Lloyd ranked anywhere from 15th to 25th in fantasy WR rankings, and it confuses me a little, especially after posting a season as the number one guy. I don't expect a repeat performance, but 70+ with 1,200 yards and eight touchdowns wouldn't surprise me. Moss isn't a guy I'm super high on, but he was targeted so often last year he's worth it, as it's a PPR league.

Agreed on RBs. Turner wasn't my target there, but I felt like I had to get a top guy before they were all gone. Grant was a total MEH pick and I have no real hope for him. Bush should provide some TD help and if McFadden goes down he'll be solid for me. Thomas Jones was a value pick. I also have since dropped Gibson for Ben Tate, so maybe there's some potential there.

I'm considering dropping the NYG defense to pick Gibson back up. Anybody know for sure if he's the starter there in St. Louis?

Doggcow
09-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Thanks. And yeah, let's hope Bradford throws about ten more touchdowns this year.

I've seen Lloyd ranked anywhere from 15th to 25th in fantasy WR rankings, and it confuses me a little, especially after posting a season as the number one guy. I don't expect a repeat performance, but 70+ with 1,200 yards and eight touchdowns wouldn't surprise me. Moss isn't a guy I'm super high on, but he was targeted so often last year he's worth it, as it's a PPR league.

Agreed on RBs. Turner wasn't my target there, but I felt like I had to get a top guy before they were all gone. Grant was a total MEH pick and I have no real hope for him. Bush should provide some TD help and if McFadden goes down he'll be solid for me. Thomas Jones was a value pick. I also have since dropped Gibson for Ben Tate, so maybe there's some potential there.

I'm considering dropping the NYG defense to pick Gibson back up. Anybody know for sure if he's the starter there in St. Louis?

IDK why you even have the NYG D at this point.

I think Gibson is the most complete receiver STL has. He runs amazing routes, has great hands, and pretty solid speed. However he keeps getting buried on the depth chart.

scorpio
09-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Julio Jones or BenJarvus Green-Ellis at flex?

TheReverend
09-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Julio Jones or BenJarvus Green-Ellis at flex?

Green-Ellis until we see what JJ's got, imo.

Brandon Marshall or Hightower or Beanie Wells at Flex?

Punisher
09-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Broncos D is gonna be a steal around the 10th round

Doggcow
09-06-2011, 01:57 PM

Easy. Hightower until Marshall proves he can put up numbers without Orton.

Just because Hightower left, and dudes got hurt, doesn't all of a sudden make Beanie a good player, I think it's hilarious how much higher he went this year than he should have.

DBroncos4life
09-06-2011, 02:00 PM
I think the match up favors Wells better then the other two IMO.

TheReverend
09-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Easy. Hightower until Marshall proves he can put up numbers without Orton.

Just because Hightower left, and dudes got hurt, doesn't all of a sudden make Beanie a good player, I think it's hilarious how much higher he went this year than he should have.

...what?

Marshall put up 86 catches and over 1k yards last year in 14 games his first season in a new system and his first season with Henne. Soooooooooooooooo yeah...

Chris
09-06-2011, 02:13 PM
NYG just lost their starting MLB for the season. That's all I know.

Punisher
09-06-2011, 02:14 PM
J Shockey is gonna have a big year i'm taking him near 12

Br0nc0Buster
09-06-2011, 02:39 PM
10 team league Im in non ppr

QB: Rivers
RB: Mendenhall
RB: Felix Jones
WR: Kenny Britt
WR: Santana Moss
W/R: LeGarette Blounte
TE: JeMichael Finley

Dont care about defenses since I just scour the waiver all year based on matchups
dont care about kicker either but I think I got Hanson, the Lions kicker

Loaded up on the backup RBs though with Ryan Grant, Fred Jackson, Ben Tate, and Ryan Matthews

RhymesayersDU
09-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Broncos D is gonna be a steal around the 10th round

Is your draft only 10 rounds?

DomCasual
09-06-2011, 02:55 PM
I do a family draft with my wife's family every year.

It's like the Twilight Zone of drafts. None of these people do fantasy football, other than this league.

This year, quarterbacks were 11 of the first 14 picks. Reggie Bush was taken in the 2nd round (my niece thinks he's sort of cute). I talked my nephew (a 15-year-old band geek - a nice kid, though) out of taking Randy Moss in the 3rd round. John Beck and Dennis Pitta were gone by the 5th round (both BYU guys).

We have a traveling trophy for the league, and this is our 9th year. This year, my first three picks were Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster, and Maurice Jones-Drew. That hasn't been all that different than other drafts.

The last two years, I lost in the first round of the playoffs.

Regular rules don't seem to apply in a retardo-world league. You almost have to put value where everyone else puts value. If I don't do well this year, I am drafting on uniform color next year.

Chris
09-06-2011, 03:14 PM

It's like the Twilight Zone of drafts. None of these people do fantasy football, other than this league.

This year, quarterbacks were 11 of the first 14 picks. Reggie Bush was taken in the 2nd round (my niece thinks he's sort of cute). I talked my nephew (a 15-year-old band geek - a nice kid, though) out of taking Randy Moss in the 3rd round. John Beck and Dennis Pitta were gone by the 5th round (both BYU guys).

We have a traveling trophy for the league, and this is our 9th year. This year, my first three picks were Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster, and Maurice Jones-Drew. That hasn't been all that different than other drafts.

Regular rules don't seem to apply in a retardo-world league. You almost have to put value where everyone else puts value. If I don't do well this year, I am drafting on uniform color next year.

Well one of my friends wants to start a league with our french contingent who all think Jeff Gordon is a quarterback and Tom Brady is a coach.

Shananahan
09-06-2011, 03:18 PM
I'm guessing the trophy doesn't travel very much.

cutthemdown
09-06-2011, 03:25 PM

So add fantasy football to the things Mormons don't do right. :) Let me guess not a lot of beer drinking at your fantasy draft, which is the main reason we all get together for my league.

DomCasual
09-06-2011, 03:36 PM
So add fantasy football to the things Mormons don't do right. :) Let me guess not a lot of beer drinking at your fantasy draft, which is the main reason we all get together for my league.

Does root beer and apple beer count?

Let's put it into perspective, though. We started doing this league to get a bunch of kids involved (I have a big extended family with lots of nephews and nieces - only one wife per husband, though). They watch football, and assume that fantasy football value is consistent with actual player value. So, since QBs get talked about a lot on pregame shows, they must be the most valuable players in fantasy football, as well. It's an interesting phenomenon to me, because it shows how difficult playing is when you're playing with people who adhere to a totally separate set of rules than what is typically accepted.

Generally, I think Mormons probably do fantasy football, as a whole, about as well as non-Mormons - only with slightly different beverages at the drafts. :)

Chris
09-06-2011, 03:39 PM
What do Mormons say when Orton throws an INT?

Gee golly shucks!
Fiddle fooey sticks!
Doggarnit begollagers!

Punisher
09-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Is your draft only 10 rounds?

Not my draft we go 20

mkporter
09-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Just drafted in a ten team league, standard scoring, except we get 1 pt per 8 rec. yards.
Kinda missed the boat at TE this year, and will be looking for a waiver pickup if Gonzo isn't performing. Any thoughts on how Colston will do this year? He may show up as my flex or WR2 depending on matchups.

Starters (Jones at flex):
Matt Ryan (Atl - QB)
Larry Fitzgerald (Ari - WR)
Santonio Holmes (NYJ - WR)
Rashard Mendenhall (Pit - RB)
Peyton Hillis (Cle - RB)
Felix Jones (Dal - RB)
Tony Gonzalez (Atl - TE)
Billy Cundiff (Bal - K)
Pittsburgh (Pit - DEF)

Bench:
Marques Colston (NO - WR)
Joseph Addai (Ind - RB)
Sam Bradford (StL - QB)
A.J. Green (Cin - WR)
Denarius Moore (Oak - WR)
Montario Hardesty (Cle- RB)

Chris
09-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Just drafted in a ten team league, standard scoring, except we get 1 pt per 8 rec. yards.
Kinda missed the boat at TE this year, and will be looking for a waiver pickup if Gonzo isn't performing. Any thoughts on how Colston will do this year? He may show up as my flex or WR2 depending on matchups.

Matt Ryan (Atl - QB)
Larry Fitzgerald (Ari - WR)
Santonio Holmes (NYJ - WR)
Rashard Mendenhall (Pit - RB)
Peyton Hillis (Cle - RB)
Felix Jones (Dal - RB)
Tony Gonzalez (Atl - TE)
Billy Cundiff (Bal - K)
Pittsburgh (Pit - DEF)

Bench:
Joseph Addai (Ind - RB)
Sam Bradford (StL - QB)
A.J. Green (Cin - WR)

That is a pretty NASTY team. Maybe I'm just not used to 10 teamers since I always play in 12 teamers.

mkporter
09-06-2011, 03:42 PM
It's an interesting phenomenon to me, because it shows how difficult playing is when you're playing with people who adhere to a totally separate set of rules than what is typically accepted.

Same phenomenon with poker. It can be kinda hard playing with people who have no idea what they are doing.

Drek
09-06-2011, 03:43 PM

I'd go Hightower. Shanahan loves the run, he and Turner have their OL in year two of the ZBS transition, and they also stole the Giants best DT, a key part of their top 10 run D last year.

That and I also chalk a large portion of the top 10 run D they touted last year up to very inconsistent running attacks within the division. Hightower is a real good flex bet since he's probably a lock for 15-20 carries, at that point he should out produce the flex in almost any league.

Though I will say, if Marshall is at best a flex WR then you've got a stacked up WR corps.

Similar question myself for flex. Have Boldin, Addai, and Marshawn Lynch. My thoughts on each:
Boldin is facing Pittsburgh, tough defense for Flacco and I'm already starting Ray Rice as my RB1. Lot of eggs in the Baltimore basket with Boldin.

Addai is playing without Manning, so maybe more rushing touches and check downs than normal against a Texans D that was bad last year and is completely changing schemes this year. But without Manning the Texans might just attack the run and make Collins/Painter beat them.

Lynch will likely see a ton of touches since its not like the Seahawks really want Jackson throwing the football. But the 49ers have been a pretty stout D the last few years. 6th best against the run last year and the defense hasn't been significantly compromised.

I'm leaning Addai and hoping that Collins' vet savvy is enough to outwit a green Texans D.

Chris
09-06-2011, 03:48 PM
I think Collins will be better than people think. I'd go Addai.

mkporter
09-06-2011, 04:58 PM
That is a pretty NASTY team. Maybe I'm just not used to 10 teamers since I always play in 12 teamers.

I've never played in a 12 teamer, but having those extra two teams will dilute the talent pool pretty quickly.

Shananahan
09-06-2011, 05:01 PM
having those extra two teams will dilute the talent pool pretty quickly.
Yeah. I've consistently done 12-team leagues for the past five or six years and this year jumped up to a 14-team and a 16-team.

I have to keep reminding myself that my teams are not considerably worse than in the past just because the top talent is spread so much more thinly.

bronco militia
09-06-2011, 09:17 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Chris
09-07-2011, 07:53 AM
By the way THIS is a pretty awesome feature

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/rate-my-team

Yes you have to sign up but it's free and I used my bull**** email. Here's what these guys had to say about my team.

[quote]
QB: Sam Bradford (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/BradSa00-1.php), Kyle Orton (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/OrtoKy00-1.php)
RB: LeSean McCoy (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/McCoLe01-1.php), Chris Wells (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/WellCh00-1.php), Tim Hightower (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/HighTi00-1.php), Willis McGahee (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/McGaWi00-1.php), Ben Tate (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/TateBe00-1.php)
WR: Roddy White (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/WhitRo00-1.php), Reggie Wayne (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/WaynRe00-1.php), Santana Moss (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/MossSa00-1.php), A.J. Green (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/GreeA.00-1.php)
TE: Jason Witten (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/WittJa00-1.php), Aaron Hernandez (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/HernAa00-1.php)
PK: Matt Prater (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/PratMa44-1.php)
TD: Chicago Bears (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/chixxx99-1.php), Denver Broncos (http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/denxxx99-1.php)

Overview:
Your receivers are the strongest part of this team and you look good at tight end as well. While no team can be expected to be above average at all three core positions (QB/RB/WR), you are in the precarious position of being a bit weak at two of them.
Although you should not be counted out yet, you may need to be active on both the waiver wire and in trades to turn this team into a legitimate contender. The best way to achieve that might be to sacrifice some of your wide receiver strength to gain multiple players than can help your roster now. It's generally easier finding quarterbacks and wide receivers on the waiver wire than quality running backs.
Keep an eye out for quarterbacks like Michael Vick and Josh Freeman last year, Brett Favre in 2009, Matt Cassel and Kurt Warner in 2008, and Derek Anderson in 2007. All were available cheap in August, and all contributed to fantasy championship teams.

Likewise, running backs like Peyton Hillis, LeGarrette Blount, and Mike Tolbert all could be had dirt cheap at the draft or shortly after. You are likely going to need to land some of this year's top waiver plays, so pay close attention to increased workloads, targets, injuries, etc.
Players we particularly like on this team include Aaron Hernandez, Jason Witten, A.J. Green, Santana Moss, Tim Hightower, and Willis McGahee. We have all these guys ranked ahead of where they are typically being drafted.

Bottom line:

With great inseason management, we think you have about a 65 percent chance of making the playoffs.
With good inseason management, we think you have about a 50 percent chance of making the playoffs.
With average inseason management, we think you have a 29 percent chance of making the playoffs.

QB Summary:
We have Sam Bradford rated #14 among quarterbacks, so we're not even sold on him as a fantasy starter in your league. And we're not sure that Kyle Orton (our #25-rated QB) is likely to provide much help.
Incidentally, these two have a pretty nice combined schedule, though their playoff schedule isn't so great. If you simply played the one with the better matchup each week, this is the schedule you'd face: PHI | NYG | TEN | WAS | SD | GB | DAL | DET | ARI | KC | SEA | ARI | SF | SEA | NE | BUF

Note that the above "thoughts" were generated by David Dodds's projections. Others

have different takes:
Some of our staffers have Sam Bradford as high as #12, which would make him a fine first quarterback. Sigmund Bloom's take: "If Josh McDaniels can make Kyle Orton an elite fantasy QB, what can he do with Bradford? Bradford was a viable fantasy QB as a rookie, which is a rare feat that even some of the greats haven't accomplished. With his offensive line gelling and better health from his wide receiver corps in 2011, Bradford could be an adequate starting fantasy QB this year and he should be part of every QBBC draft plan."

Some of our staffers have Kyle Orton as high as #14, which would make him an above average second quarterback. Mark Wimer's take: "Orton has been getting almost all the first-team reps, and the word is the Brady Quinn is beating out Tim Tebow for second-stringer during training camp, with Tebow relegated to third. This is Orton's job to lose, and I don't think he will. Orton is a good passer and the Broncos play in a weak division. I doubt Orton will lose his job this year - Quinn does not scare me as a challenger to Orton, but he may keep Tebow mired at #3."

RB Summary:
We see both your starters at running back as below average. Our projections have LeSean McCoy ranked sixth and Chris Wells ranked at #24.
Your bench looks good and should help offset the unexciting starting unit. Tim Hightower should serve as a very solid third running back; he's a likely flex starter. Willis McGahee should also be solidly above average at RB4. Not only do we like Ben Tate as a fifth running back, we love that you stole him from the Arian Foster owner.
Note that the above "thoughts" were generated by David Dodds's projections. Others have different takes:

LeSean McCoy is ranked #4 by some of our writers, which would make him an above average first running back. Ryan Hester reasons, "While McCoy may be far from leading the league in carries, he'll be near the top in touches as he could be tops among RBs in receptions (as evidenced by his 7 receptions and 9 targets in the team's third preseason game). Even in non-PPR leagues, the receiving yardage put up by backs like McCoy, Ray Rice, and Jamaal Charles is very enticing and usually more predictable than touchdown-dependent, non-pass-catchers like Michael Turner."
Chris Wells is ranked #17 by some of our writers, which would make him an above average second running back. Anthony Borbely reasons, "Wells gets a big boost because of the season-ending injury to Ryan Williams. There are no other current RBs on the Cardinals that can threaten Wells' touches. I have him as a mid RB2 and he would be higher if not for his past injury history. There is upside here. "

WR Summary:
Your starting receiver group is a strength, particularly Roddy White as a top receiver. White is our #4 ranked receiver, and we have Reggie Wayne at #20.
Your bench also looks good. Tough to do better than Santana Moss at WR3. A.J. Green is also a very nice WR4.
Note that the above "thoughts" were generated by David Dodds's projections. Others have different takes:
Reggie Wayne is ranked #4 by some of our writers, which would make him a great second receiver and even a legitimate WR1. Mark Wimer reasons, "OK, people, let's get real. Wayne has caught over 100 footballs in three of the last four seasons. He is Peyton Manning's most trusted receiver, and Manning is going to rely on his favorites this year after missing all of his usual preseason work and all of training camp due to his neck surgery. Wayne is as close to a sure thing as there is in fantasy football, despite his 33 years on this earth. Hopefully Manning won't miss any games, but even if he does not start week 1 I look for him under center sooner rather than later."

TE Summary:
We like the choice of Jason Witten to start at tight end. We have him ranked third overall at the position. He's about 0.7 points per game better than an average starting TE in this league. We also think Aaron Hernandez is a starting quality tight end in this league. He's a luxury.

Kicker Summary:
We don't think Matt Prater is starter quality in this league. Keep a sharp eye on the waiver wire.

Defense Summary:
The Bears are probably not a difference-maker at defense, but they should be OK.
When you don't have an elite defense, one option is a committee approach. That is, try to get two cheap defenses whose schedules fit well together. Here are a few teams who we think may be available and whose schedules fit best with the Bears', along with the combined schedule that each would create:
Bears + Cardinals = CAR | WAS | SEA | CAR | MIN | MIN | TB | BAL | STL | DET | SF | STL | KC | SF | CLE | CIN
Bears + 49ers = SEA | DAL | CIN | CAR | DET | MIN | TB | CLE | WAS | DET | ARI | OAK | STL | ARI | SEA | SEA
Bears + Cowboys = NYJ | SF | WAS | CAR | DET | MIN | STL | PHI | SEA | BUF | WAS | OAK | ARI | DEN | SEA | PHI

Chris
09-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Would you start Bradford vs PHI or Orton vs OAK this week?

mkporter
09-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Would you start Bradford vs PHI or Orton vs OAK this week?

I'd go with Orton. Bradford is playing in a new offense against a defense that is typically pretty good. Win or lose, Orton should at least put up pretty decent numbers. He looked fine in the preseason.

That One Guy
09-08-2011, 08:54 AM
Just thought it worth mentioning: It almost sounds like they're being optimistic about Foster starting but he still isn't practicing. If he doesn't start, they're saying it would be Ward and not Tate that would be his backup. It may be a horribly risky play but if you have a slot, sitting on Ward to see what happens might not be a bad deal.

That One Guy
09-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Foster missed practice again. I'm content running with Hightower and Moreno as my RBs, the question becomes who would do better in standard scoring: Kenny Britt or Derrick Ward?

bronco militia
09-09-2011, 01:25 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/graphic/2011-08/64291844.jpg

HooptyHoops
09-09-2011, 01:30 PM
I have a WR problem in one of my leagues....I have to start 3. Scoring is 7yrd = 1 and receptions are .2.

Jennings is a lock, but then, I have to choose 2 from this: P Harvin, S Rice and J Ford.

Man, yuck!

That One Guy
09-09-2011, 01:41 PM
I have a WR problem in one of my leagues....I have to start 3. Scoring is 7yrd = 1 and receptions are .2.

Jennings is a lock, but then, I have to choose 2 from this: P Harvin, S Rice and J Ford.

Man, yuck!

I'll help: Reports are that Rice wont be suiting up.

MileHighMagic
09-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Julio Jones (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/NFL/6475/Julio-Jones)' impressive preseason extensively in August. Jones and White have played on both sides of the formation, so they'll likely square off evenly with RCB Charles Tillman (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/NFL/2457/Charles-Tillman) and LCB Tim Jennings (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/NFL/3706/Tim-Jennings). From a matchup perspective, the 5-foot-8, 185-pound Jennings is the Bears' corner to target. Jones has seven inches and 35 pounds on him.

That One Guy
09-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Julio Jones' impressive preseason extensively in August.

:-/

Say what?

I got the point of the message in context but that part was quite the jumble.

That One Guy
09-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Pop goes the collarbone.

Colston out with a broken collarbone.

mkporter
09-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Pop goes the collarbone.

Colston out with a broken collarbone.

They say 4 weeks, although I'm guessing it will be longer. Always a tough choice on whether to burn a roster spot so no one takes him. I have him in my serious league. Decisions, decisions...

Ziggy
09-09-2011, 04:21 PM
12 team PPR League. Here's my team:

QB- Bradford, Kolb, Collins (picked him up the day before the Manning announcement on waivers)
RB- Chris Johnson, Matt Forte, Reggie Bush, Shonne Greene, Thomas Jones, Marion Barber
WR- Vincent Jackson, Austin Collie, Julio Jones, Dez Bryant
TE- Antonio Gates
K- Prater
D/ST- Pats
IDP- Stephen Tulloch

I'm leaning towards starting Bradford this week. Thoughts?

Drek
09-09-2011, 05:16 PM
They say 4 weeks, although I'm guessing it will be longer. Always a tough choice on whether to burn a roster spot so no one takes him. I have him in my serious league. Decisions, decisions...

Unfortunately the Saints are a week 11 bye too, so even if he takes 5 or 6 weeks to get back you'll still lose him for his bye shortly thereafter.

That One Guy
09-09-2011, 06:21 PM

The chatter is that Lance Moore will benefit from this and Henderson got the same number of targets in yesterday's game as Colston did. If one of them are available, it may be worth it. Swap him out, get some decent production still, and let someone else burn the spot if they snag him up.

HooptyHoops
09-09-2011, 06:43 PM
The chatter is that Lance Moore will benefit from this and Henderson got the same number of targets in yesterday's game as Colston did. If one of them are available, it may be worth it. Swap him out, get some decent production still, and let someone else burn the spot if they snag him up.

I think Moore is going to surprise a lot of people this year!

DBroncos4life
09-10-2011, 03:16 PM
So I just lost Colston. I not really planning on him doing much for me this year. That leaves me with Steve Johnson, Marshall, Ochocinco, and Lee Evans. I put in a waiver wire move for Robert Meachem and I'm dropping Ben Tate. I would like to have kept Tate but we can only start two backs and I'm deep at RB. Should that not go through I was thinking of packaging Romo and a WR for Fitz. The person that has Fitz is hurting for a QB pretty bad. She has Manning and Sanchez. Thoughts??

BroncsRule
09-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Just thought it worth mentioning: It almost sounds like they're being optimistic about Foster starting but he still isn't practicing. If he doesn't start, they're saying it would be Ward and not Tate that would be his backup. It may be a horribly risky play but if you have a slot, sitting on Ward to see what happens might not be a bad deal.

Nah. The existence of Tate ruins Ward's fantasy value. They'll go RBBC until Foster is +90%.

Of course, I'm not big on "handcuffs" anyway - IMO, there are usually better options available than the backup.

That One Guy
09-10-2011, 05:00 PM
So I just lost Colston. I not really planning on him doing much for me this year. That leaves me with Steve Johnson, Marshall, Ochocinco, and Lee Evans. I put in a waiver wire move for Robert Meachem and I'm dropping Ben Tate. I would like to have kept Tate but we can only start two backs and I'm deep at RB. Should that not go through I was thinking of packaging Romo and a WR for Fitz. The person that has Fitz is hurting for a QB pretty bad. She has Manning and Sanchez. Thoughts??

I think for her part, even in a 12 teamer, I can find a QB+Fitz that'll be as good as Romo+Avg Receiver X. I think Fitz is gonna have a great year, personally. He was on my must-have list.

As to your list, I haven't heard good things regarding Ochocinco and I don't necessarily believe in Evans being a difference maker. Johnson is supposedly the man and I think Marshall comes out of his shell and does good things this year. They don't have a run game to lean on anymore so Henne may send a lot of balls his way as they play catch up.

If you get the opportunity, maybe see if one of your WRs blow up this weekend then go after Fitz for good measure.

That One Guy
09-10-2011, 05:03 PM
Nah. The existence of Tate ruins Ward's fantasy value. They'll go RBBC until Foster is +90%.

Of course, I'm not big on "handcuffs" anyway - IMO, there are usually better options available than the backup.

I'm not playing Ward this week where I can afford it but if you're absolutely desperate, I think there could be a lot of running opportunities for Houston. They like to run and I could very easily see them getting up on Indy and using the ground game extensively in the entire second half. The Colts can say what they want but I think the team crumbles without Manning.

Requiem
09-11-2011, 08:44 AM
Hey guys: Here is my team:

QB: Freeman, Cutler
RB: Jones-Drew, McCoy, Hillis, Jackson (Rams) and Hightower
WR: Bowe, Maclin, Harvin, Williams (Bucs)
TE: Lewis and Miller (Seahawks)
Kicker: Kaeding
Defense/ST: Ravens

Who do you guys I suggested starting?

QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX

That One Guy
09-11-2011, 08:51 AM
Hey guys: Here is my team:

QB: Freeman, Cutler
RB: Jones-Drew, McCoy, Hillis, Jackson (Rams) and Hightower
WR: Bowe, Maclin, Harvin, Williams (Bucs)
TE: Lewis and Miller (Seahawks)
Kicker: Kaeding
Defense/ST: Ravens

Who do you guys I suggested starting?

QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX

Quite the stable of RBs. It sucks but I think Jones-Drew is your weakness there but as he was likely your first pick, you want to use him. I do crazy things and shoot for the sky but for this particular week, I'd rank them McCoy, Hillis, Jackson, Hightower, and Jones-Drew until I saw how the team would be since Garrard got cut.

Definitely use a RB for flex. I don't have a good grasp on anything TB so their QB and WR are both unknown to me, really. Bowe and Maclin wouldn't be a bad squad to run with and I wouldn't have qualms going with the frown cannon if necessary.

Requiem
09-11-2011, 08:54 AM
I picked 8th in my league and yeah, Jones-Drew was my guy. I took him and McCoy first because we receiving points for receptions, yards, TD's etc. -- and those guys catch the ball. All my backs besides Hightower do.

That One Guy
09-11-2011, 09:02 AM
I picked 8th in my league and yeah, Jones-Drew was my guy. I took him and McCoy first because we receiving points for receptions, yards, TD's etc. -- and those guys catch the ball. All my backs besides Hightower do.

Ahhh... PPR changes things. I could see some dumpoffs to MJD. In that case, I'd probably play them just as they're sequenced above. Only difference is probably Jackson goes up to around McCoy and maybe in front of him.

Requiem
09-11-2011, 09:07 AM
Thanks for your advice!

ludo21
09-11-2011, 09:10 AM
I got Steven JAckson over Felix Jones today. Smart?

Requiem
09-11-2011, 09:19 AM
I'd say so. I think we're going to see Jackson get a lot of passes against the Eagles defense.

That One Guy
09-11-2011, 12:03 PM
Too late now and we couldn't count on the Jackson injury but Jones is gonna struggle against the Jets D, I think

That One Guy
09-12-2011, 04:44 AM
Well the Ward prediction was in the right area but I put too much stock into Ward starting. Tate was still the play and I would have to assume they'll keep doing more of the same if Foster stays down.

Kaylore
09-12-2011, 05:12 AM
I benched Flacco thinking the Steelers would hold him to 10-15 like usual. I should be hanged.

That One Guy
09-12-2011, 05:15 AM
I benched Flacco thinking the Steelers would hold him to 10-15 like usual. I should be hanged.

I would've thought the same thing. Just like all those guys who benched Steve Smith just to see him go for 180 and 2 TDs, you just can't know what to expect early in the year.

MileHighMagic
09-12-2011, 06:23 AM
I am desperate for a WR...who are the top PPR WR waiver wire guys?

That One Guy
09-12-2011, 06:28 AM
I am desperate for a WR...who are the top PPR WR waiver wire guys?

Hmm... guys that might be unclaimed...

There's Larry Fitzgerald in AZ, that Johnson guy in Houston, the other Johnson guy in Detroit... ;D

Now, seriously, one of the Rams, Saints, Packers, or Pats receivers are surely open. If you get return points, maybe that Packer that did so well the other night.

Chris
09-12-2011, 08:26 AM
Jordy Nelson
Davis the TE on the redskins if you can do that

mkporter
09-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Not a great start for me. Seems I got all of the underachievers this week.

Matt Ryan (Atl - QB) => 8.76
Larry Fitzgerald (Ari - WR) => 7.75
Santonio Holmes (NYJ - WR) => 8.75
Rashard Mendenhall (Pit - RB) => 2.5
Peyton Hillis (Cle - RB) => 9.45
Felix Jones (Dal - RB) => 11.15
Tony Gonzalez (Atl - TE) => 9
Billy Cundiff (Bal - K) => 9
Pittsburgh (Pit - DEF) => -3

Total => 63.36

Bench:
Joseph Addai (Ind - RB)
Sam Bradford (StL - QB)
A.J. Green (Cin - WR)

Chris
09-12-2011, 10:01 AM
I would trade Hillis now if you can. I think he's in for a Reuben Droughns like year personally. Their OL is banged up.

mkporter
09-12-2011, 01:51 PM
I would trade Hillis now if you can. I think he's in for a Reuben Droughns like year personally. Their OL is banged up.

He'll be fine, IMO. Cinci has a pretty good defense. My league gets a little extra weighting on receiving yards (1 pt per 8 yds), and Hillis usually gets pretty good production there. Had he put up a TD, it would've been a pretty good day.

Reuben had a couple of pretty decent years. I'd be fine with this kind of yardage protection, but I'd like him to get more TDs. I don't care if he's getting 3.4 ypc as long as he gets enough carries.

scorpio
09-12-2011, 01:56 PM

Same here, I benched Flacco for Josh Freeman.

:garcia:

Chris
09-12-2011, 01:57 PM
I looked up Reuben after that earlier post. He's coaching a serbian team now after being cut by the Giants a few years back.

I just have concerns about the Browns OL... haven't they been beat up and lost a key player?

ozomulsion
09-12-2011, 03:40 PM
I got Steven JAckson over Felix Jones today. Smart?

Ouch! That hurt to read. Felix got me some good points last night. He didn't look like he was running as good as the preseason which is why I picked him high. He looked awesome in preseason. I hope that it's just the Jets have a good D. That goal line TD made me breath a sigh of relief. I'm 13 points behind my opponent. I have Lloyd, Gronkowski, and Von Miller yet to play. He has Brian Dawkins, and that's all.

DENVERDUI55
09-12-2011, 03:44 PM
I would've thought the same thing. Just like all those guys who benched Steve Smith just to see him go for 180 and 2 TDs, you just can't know what to expect early in the year.

I sensed him in one league and not the other. Hope he is back to old self.

That One Guy
09-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Ouch! That hurt to read. Felix got me some good points last night. He didn't look like he was running as good as the preseason which is why I picked him high. He looked awesome in preseason. I hope that it's just the Jets have a good D. That goal line TD made me breath a sigh of relief. I'm 13 points behind my opponent. I have Lloyd, Gronkowski, and Von Miller yet to play. He has Brian Dawkins, and that's all.

I have to think you win that if you're in anything resembling a standard scoring league.

Drek
09-12-2011, 04:21 PM

I had Steve Smith on the bench. But then my WR1 is Roddy White, my WR2 is Calvin Johnson, and my WR3 is Boldin in a league where you start two WRs and a flex.

If Boldin's and Smith's week one performances were legit I'm going to have a hard time deciding who to start.

mkporter
09-12-2011, 04:23 PM
I looked up Reuben after that earlier post. He's coaching a serbian team now after being cut by the Giants a few years back.

I just have concerns about the Browns OL... haven't they been beat up and lost a key player?

They lost Steinbeck (sp?) at LG, and he is pretty good. Still have Joe Thomas, and Hillis gets a good amount of work in the passing game too.

Chris
09-12-2011, 05:37 PM
I had Steve Smith on the bench. But then my WR1 is Roddy White, my WR2 is Calvin Johnson, and my WR3 is Boldin in a league where you start two WRs and a flex.

If Boldin's and Smith's week one performances were legit I'm going to have a hard time deciding who to start.

Jeepers dude how many teams?

ozomulsion
09-12-2011, 06:06 PM
I have to think you win that if you're in anything resembling a standard scoring league.

Grankowski took me from 13 behind to 4 ahead already. I got Grankowski way late in both my drafts. I wondered if there was some thing I didn't know about him. He seems fine to me. I love having a reliable every week TE. I've had many TE troubles in the past because I always draft em so late. Vincent Jackson sure screwed me yesterday. I think having him and Lloyd will be a solid combo this year.

That One Guy
09-12-2011, 06:14 PM
Grankowski took me from 13 behind to 4 ahead already. I got Grankowski way late in both my drafts. I wondered if there was some thing I didn't know about him. He seems fine to me. I love having a reliable every week TE. I've had many TE troubles in the past because I always draft em so late. Vincent Jackson sure screwed me yesterday. I think having him and Lloyd will be a solid combo this year.

I was the same. I was gonna go something along the Tony Gonzalez route until I saw him still there. The thing that made me scratch my head was Hernandez was drafted 3 or 4 rounds before I got Gronk. Hernandez had a couple decent games last year but I don't recall him ever being much of a RZ presence and tonight it's been all Gronk in the passing game.

Chris
09-13-2011, 08:25 AM
So I kicked some serious butt this week. Only problem is I've got Kyle Orton and Sam Bradford (now with possible nerve damage to his finger) at QB. I've also got Ben Tate, Jason Witten and Aaron Hernandez on my team. I think I should be shopping Tate + Hernandez right now for an upgrade at QB... or should it be Witten?

Chad Henne is available on waivers and Miami has a pretty easy schedule.

That One Guy
09-13-2011, 08:34 AM
So I kicked some serious butt this week. Only problem is I've got Kyle Orton and Sam Bradford (now with possible nerve damage to his finger) at QB. I've also got Ben Tate, Jason Witten and Aaron Hernandez on my team. I think I should be shopping Tate + Hernandez right now for an upgrade at QB... or should it be Witten?

Try to upgrade without losing players, if possible. Henne looked really good the other day.

Chris
09-13-2011, 09:06 AM
Thanks. Hopefully I can pick up Henne. I'm last in waiver priority.

Drek
09-13-2011, 09:28 AM
Jeepers dude how many teams?

10 team, its one of the OM leagues.

Took Ray Rice with 1:3, Roddy White at 2:8, CJ at 3:3. Then I took Boldin in the 6th round and Steve Smith in the 12th.

All went according to my draft day plan. My goal was to lock up BPA through the first three rounds. I'd come out with either my two starting RBs or two starting WRs. After that get a QB and TE from the back end of the "every Sunday" pool so I didn't need to carry multiples, got Romo and Vernon Davis in the 5th and 7th respectively.

Then the rest of the draft was focused on adding butt loads of depth at RB (Best, Lynch, Addai, Daniel Thomas, CJ Spiller, and Deji Karim) while getting a couple safe bets to back up my WRs (Boldin and Smith).

I locked up my WR corps with only 4 of my 16 roster spots. One spot each for QB, DEF, K, and TE. So I feel good at every spot but RB#2 with 7 RBs to mix and match throughout the season looking for a breakout.

Maximizes my chance of hitting the lottery at RB while knowing my other positions will deliver optimal production.

Drek
09-13-2011, 09:34 AM

Henne isn't a bad pickup. I'd look at Colt McCoy as well. While the Browns didn't look real great against the Bengals McCoy still had a solid game and will only get better in Shurmur's offense. I doubt the Browns running game stays this lackluster as well.

I'd personally look Henne, Fitzpatrick, Kolb and McCoy for sleeper QBs, just play 'em based on match ups. If you're in a league that doesn't have compounding INT penalties (bigger negative for throwing more as opposed to the more typical -1 or -2 per pick regardless of quantity) Newton could be a real good situational choice as Carolina has shown a willingness to let him air it out and he'll be a big red zone rushing threat.

Chris
09-16-2011, 12:21 PM
I picked up Henne so now I'm left with Henne vs Houston or Bradford vs NYG. It looks like the Giants secondary has been decimated (see: Rex Grossman actually appearing capable) so I'm tempted to start Bradford.

There's also this Kyle Orton guy somehow dangling on my team but I'm tempted to dump him.

spdirty
09-16-2011, 02:48 PM
Flex question...be Benjarvis Green-Ellis bs San Diego, britt bs Baltimore, or ingram vs Chicago???

Drek
09-16-2011, 03:53 PM
Flex question...be Benjarvis Green-Ellis bs San Diego, britt bs Baltimore, or ingram vs Chicago???

I'd probably go Britt. Seems like he's the clear cut #1 target while Green-Ellis and Ingram are split duty guys on their own team. Ingram should prove he can actually finish in the red zone before you play him.

Green-Ellis is a solid choice when you know the Pats are going against a bad run defense team and especially later in the season when Belichick will run the ball more. But early against the Chargers who they know will put up some points? They'll be throwing and that means more Woodyard than Green-Ellis owners should want to see.

Britt meanwhile had a huge week and for the first time in his career is playing with a real QB. Hasselback could make him a fantasy stud. I'd ride that horse until it proves otherwise.

I picked up Henne so now I'm left with Henne vs Houston or Bradford vs NYG. It looks like the Giants secondary has been decimated (see: Rex Grossman actually appearing capable) so I'm tempted to start Bradford.

There's also this Kyle Orton guy somehow dangling on my team but I'm tempted to dump him.

I'd drop Orton in a heart beat. If Fitzpatrick is available grab him. After reviewing the numbers more I'd give him the best vote for break through QB this year. Look at his numbers for a bad Buffalo team last season, surprisingly good. He only had four games with a QB rating below 75 and those were against KC, CHI, PIT, and NE. Four real good defenses last year. The Buffalo D has improved, their in the second year of Gailey's system, Stevie Johnson has emerged as his clear #1 WR, and the OL has come along fairly well from last season. Last week against KC wasn't a fluke. A really big game sure, but it wasn't smoke and mirrors. After seeing how weak both the Pats and Dolphins are in the secondary his divisional matchups don't even look that bad.

myMind
09-16-2011, 04:40 PM
Who to start at QB this week: Shaub, Grossman, or Kolb.
Im leaning towards Grossman v. Arizona's D.

My RB situation is pretty sweet: Rice, McFadden, and Sproles at Flex.

This is my first season playing FF, is it ever a good idea to start 2 WRs from the same team? I have Both Greg Jennings and Jordy Nelson.

Any thoughts?

That One Guy
09-16-2011, 07:35 PM

This is my first season playing FF, is it ever a good idea to start 2 WRs from the same team? I have Both Greg Jennings and Jordy Nelson.

Any thoughts?

For QBs, my first target is usually anyone likely to get into a shootout. That really leaves all three. Second, who's up against a bad D and that eliminates Kolb. After that, who has the best running game: Houston is probably more talented but do you take the student when the master is also in the scenario? In the end, I take pure talent and that's Shaub.

As for the WRs, it depends on your strategy. If you play two WRs from the same team, you increase your odds of gaining TDs if you think that team will put up points. It can be more consistent overall but the likelihood is that one will probably flop. If, however, you want the best team possible, you play your two best WRs and they shouldn't usually be on the same team.

cutthemdown
09-17-2011, 05:13 AM
I have crappy qbs now because someone made me an offer I could not refuse for vick. But my 3 WR now are C. Johnson, L Fitz, Brandon Marshall, with Lance Moore and Witten as bkups. But now I have to decide what scrub qb to play each week. Henne or Cutler this week. Or I could pick up Grossman or Fitzpatrick. Grossman may have best matchup this week but I don't feel like spending the 10 bucks to make a waiver move. Thinking Cutler because the Saints will be scoring, forcing Cutler to throw. I was thinking maybe he could get 300 yrds, couple picks, maybe couple tds. Probably enough to give me a chance to win. Cutler I think knows he has to have a big yr so I am hoping maybe he can not suck. Henne though I will keep on bench until i see another good game from him.

tsiguy96
09-17-2011, 05:16 AM
I have crappy qbs now because someone made me an offer I could not refuse for vick. But my 3 WR now are C. Johnson, L Fitz, Brandon Marshall, with Lance Moore and Witten as bkups. But now I have to decide what scrub qb to play each week. Henne or Cutler this week. Or I could pick up Grossman or Fitzpatrick. Grossman may have best matchup this week but I don't feel like spending the 10 bucks to make a waiver move. Thinking Cutler because the Saints will be scoring, forcing Cutler to throw. I was thinking maybe he could get 300 yrds, couple picks, maybe couple tds. Probably enough to give me a chance to win. Cutler I think knows he has to have a big yr so I am hoping maybe he can not suck. Henne though I will keep on bench until i see another good game from him.

fitzpatrick will have a huge year, you should pick him up asap if nothing else to prevent someone else. henne will tumble soon.

cutthemdown
09-17-2011, 05:16 AM

Any thoughts?

The dolphins gave up 500 yrds, cut a corner because of it, I would start Schuab and not worry about a scrub like Grossman. He may outscore Schuab but this early in a fantasy yr I believe in going with who you know the better player is, who has the better wr to throw to. Andre Johnson can give you a big play for your qb at any time.

Chris
09-17-2011, 07:33 AM
I'd probably go Britt. Seems like he's the clear cut #1 target while Green-Ellis and Ingram are split duty guys on their own team. Ingram should prove he can actually finish in the red zone before you play him.

Green-Ellis is a solid choice when you know the Pats are going against a bad run defense team and especially later in the season when Belichick will run the ball more. But early against the Chargers who they know will put up some points? They'll be throwing and that means more Woodyard than Green-Ellis owners should want to see.

Britt meanwhile had a huge week and for the first time in his career is playing with a real QB. Hasselback could make him a fantasy stud. I'd ride that horse until it proves otherwise.

I'd drop Orton in a heart beat. If Fitzpatrick is available grab him. After reviewing the numbers more I'd give him the best vote for break through QB this year. Look at his numbers for a bad Buffalo team last season, surprisingly good. He only had four games with a QB rating below 75 and those were against KC, CHI, PIT, and NE. Four real good defenses last year. The Buffalo D has improved, their in the second year of Gailey's system, Stevie Johnson has emerged as his clear #1 WR, and the OL has come along fairly well from last season. Last week against KC wasn't a fluke. A really big game sure, but it wasn't smoke and mirrors. After seeing how weak both the Pats and Dolphins are in the secondary his divisional matchups don't even look that bad.

Fitz isn't available. He was drafted. Not really a sleeper in my league (I would have drafted him if I could have). I wonder if I should dump Orton for Grossman (still on waivers) and his matchup this week over Henne.

Drek
09-17-2011, 10:10 AM
Fitz isn't available. He was drafted. Not really a sleeper in my league (I would have drafted him if I could have). I wonder if I should dump Orton for Grossman (still on waivers) and his matchup this week over Henne.

I'd dump Orton for Grossman, sure. This offense without McDaniels doesn't look capable of the same point production Orton gave early last year. Our OL is bad and Orton got hit a bunch on Monday night, he's had some form of injury issue pretty much every season he's been a starter. On top of all that, he's got two young former first rounders behind him, one of whom started three games in his place last year.

If Orton makes it to mid-season as the starter I'd be somewhat surprised. If he does it and is actually putting up worthwhile fantasy numbers in the process I'd be shocked.

There are a lot of guys I'd feel better having on my roster than Kyle Orton right now. Hell, give it a couple months and Tebow begins to look like a decent fantasy sleeper.

For now the "lower tier" of fantasy QBs in my book would be as follows (in order):
Fitzpatrick
Kolb
Grossman
Cutler
McCoy
Newton
Henne
Orton
Cassell

Fitz looks like he might be an emerging legit every week play.

Kolb has enough talent at receiver and too little defense to not wind up in a lot of shootouts, he could be a high scorer any given week.

Grossman is playing for Shanahan, who finds a way to get production out of his QBs.

Cutler is a big risk/big reward guy. He'll have really good games followed by abject stinkers. If you play match ups and get some luck he could pay off.

McCoy has real upside if Hillis can get going and Shurmur's offense takes hold. He's got enough talent around him and a WCO style offense should be a great fit for him.

Newton is like Cutler, big game potential coupled with huge negatives on bad weeks. He's an even bigger risk play for what will probably be less potential, but he might also start putting up significant points with his legs, which helps.

Henne put points up in a shootout against the Pats, but their secondary is weak and Henne has done this kind of thing previously and always reverts to his not so impressive self. Monday night division rivalry games is not a good litmus test for what he'll give you all season.

Orton, as I said before, I'd be surprised if he even keeps the job to the mid-point. Better long term potential from anyone above him on this list.

Cassell wasn't worth much on the Chiefs last year when they were winning and never stepped up in big games. Think that is suddenly going to change now that KC got exposed by Buffalo? Wiess out means more Haley control, that isn't a good thing.

Thats my personal take on the bottom tier of starting QBs for fantasy purposes at least.

Carmelo15
09-17-2011, 11:32 AM
Who should I start at flex Jahvid Best vs KC or Tim Hightower vs ARI? In my other league I gotta decide between DeAngelo Williams or Santonio Holmes

Chris
09-17-2011, 12:10 PM
Ben Tate / Hightower / Wells?

I think Tate sits.

tsiguy96
09-17-2011, 04:24 PM
owen daniels @ miami or fred davis @ arizona?

Drek
09-17-2011, 04:56 PM
Who should I start at flex Jahvid Best vs KC or Tim Hightower vs ARI? In my other league I gotta decide between DeAngelo Williams or Santonio Holmes

I'd go Best if its PPR or has bonuses for big plays. Otherwise its kinda a toss up. KC did get ran on pretty well last week though, so I'd lean Best personally.

Ben Tate / Hightower / Wells?

I think Tate sits.

Tate obviously sits because Foster is expected to play. If you need to decide between Hightower and Wells I'd go with Hightower. Wells is facing a front seven with more defensive talent and isn't running in the ZBS.

owen daniels @ miami or fred davis @ arizona?

I like what Davis showed last week but Daniels is a key option for Schaub, who is a better QB than Grossman.

Dagmar
09-18-2011, 08:39 AM
I'm very torn between Mendenhall and Tolbert. Mendenhall laid SUCH an egg last week.

That One Guy
09-18-2011, 08:56 AM
I'm very torn between Mendenhall and Tolbert. Mendenhall laid SUCH an egg last week.

I would lean Mendenhall again. It's hard to judge by last week as the team fell apart. Sure, Tolbert could get some passing TDs again but there's gonna be a lot of passing in that game and I'd hate to hinge my score on it. Pitt Sea could be a running game.

If Mendenhall doesn't produce here though, I start to worry about him going forward.

ICON
09-18-2011, 09:00 AM
LeGarrette Blount or Reggie Bush PPR

Are the Bucs content with just airing it out?

The Joker
09-18-2011, 09:14 AM
Tate or McGahee?

Requiem
09-18-2011, 09:16 AM
Jay Cutler against New Orleans or Josh Freeman against Detroit!?

Dagmar
09-18-2011, 09:16 AM
Tate or McGahee?

McGahee, not a homer comment, he'll get a lot of work today. Foster will get about 20 carries today. McGahee will be the feature back.

ICON
09-18-2011, 09:18 AM

Dagmar

Aren't Tampa playing Minnesota? Although, NO's secondary looked bad last week, that was against Rodgers.

Ok, go with Cutler. Rivers was picked twice last week, Jackson had a poor game and now Minnesota is at home.

Requiem
Yeah it's Minnesota.

Dagmar
09-18-2011, 09:20 AM
It really is a bit of a coin flip.

rifleman625
09-18-2011, 09:21 AM
McGahee, Cadillac or Beanie to start with Foster in a PPR?

Dagmar
09-18-2011, 09:23 AM
McGahee, Cadillac or Beanie to start with Foster in a PPR?

Wells. He was a monster last week.

Dukes
09-18-2011, 09:23 AM
Cadillac Williams or Willis McGahee?

The Joker
09-18-2011, 09:24 AM
McGahee, not a homer comment, he'll get a lot of work today. Foster will get about 20 carries today. McGahee will be the feature back.

Leaning that way too... put off by how much our running game sucked on Monday though!

rifleman625
09-18-2011, 09:29 AM
Bess or Maclin in PPR. Return yards counted as well.

That One Guy
09-18-2011, 09:29 AM

At PPR, I say Bush. The other RB isn't really back yet so he might get some carries but he'll always be in play as 3rd down back and screen option.

That One Guy
09-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Tate or McGahee?

I say McGahee but that's hoping the Broncos are even mildly competitive against Cincy. If you think we're gonna get blown out, Tate as a #2 is probably even better.

That One Guy
09-18-2011, 09:31 AM

I take Cutler against NO and watch the scoreboard rock like a slot machine.

ICON
09-18-2011, 09:31 AM
At PPR, I say Bush. The other RB isn't really back yet so he might get some carries but he'll always be in play as 3rd down back and screen option.Thanks.....

Dagmar
09-18-2011, 09:36 AM
Leaning that way too... put off by how much our running game sucked on Monday though!

Yeah, but he'll be targeted for some screens too. Trust in Willis.

Dagmar
09-18-2011, 09:38 AM
Yeah it's Minnesota.

NO's DB's looked bad, Minnessoa looked good defensively against Rivers. I'd probably take the frown cannon. I've switch back and forth several times though.

Drek
09-18-2011, 09:53 AM
At PPR, I say Bush. The other RB isn't really back yet so he might get some carries but he'll always be in play as 3rd down back and screen option.

Daniel Thomas said he expects to see a pretty decent workload this week, for what that's worth. Also said he was 100% all through practice this week.

Drek
09-18-2011, 09:57 AM

How did you get pinned down with those ****ty QB options?

Can't grab Fitzpatrick or Colt McCoy still can you? Freeman and Cutler aren't horrible but they lose a lot of value in bad match ups.

Cutler though, by a mile. Forte is a play maker who pads Cutler's numbers and it'll likely be a shootout so Cutler will have plenty of chances to score points. Its a bit more of a gamble than Freeman but his upside is way, way higher.

That One Guy
09-18-2011, 09:59 AM
Daniel Thomas said he expects to see a pretty decent workload this week, for what that's worth. Also said he was 100% all through practice this week.

Hmm... I was under the impression he was back at practice but still not expecting a heavy workload as he gets back into it.

spdirty
09-18-2011, 11:18 AM
Thank you drek!!!

Dagmar
09-18-2011, 11:36 AM
I hope you went with Cutler Req.

That One Guy
09-18-2011, 12:22 PM
Wow, Beanie wells has taken off late in this game. Started with like 3 carries for 5 yards in the first quarter or something and now he's hitting 10+ yds each carry.

Chris
09-20-2011, 09:03 AM
Here is my team in a standard 12 teamer

QB Rex Grossman / Sam Bradford / Chad Henne (trying to drop Henne for Helu)
RB Lesean Mccoy / Beanie Wells / Tim Hightower / Ben Tate / Willis McGahee
WR Roddy White / Reggie Wayne / Santana Moss / AJ Green
TE Jason Witten / Aaron Hernandez
D Chicago

Do you think Reggie Wayne + Tim Hightower for Philip Rivers is a good trade? Is it worth the extra 10 points per week or should I just stay put?

Here is the trader partner's team

QB Philip Rivers
RB Fred Jackson, Mark Ingram, Knowshon Moreno, Jamaal Charles (IR)
WR Mike Wallance, Brandon Lloyd, Jerome Simpson, Mike Williams, Roy Williams, Brandon Gibson
TE Jimmy Graham, Ed *****on
D Philadelphia, Houston

Chris
09-20-2011, 09:12 AM
Also should I try to drop Grossman or Bradford for Decker?

This with Rivers as my starting QB (trade has been accepted, pending league approval).

KevinJames
09-20-2011, 09:15 AM
Do you think Reggie Wayne + Tim Hightower for Philip Rivers is a good trade? Is it worth the extra 10 points per week or should I just stay put?

Yes your deep at RB should be starting Tate as your RB2 until foster is healthy plus you know McGahee has goal line carries on lock here and hes earned several more carries. AJ Green is a solid 3rd WR start.

Your QBs suck really bad, fantasy wise Rivers is top 5. In a 12 team league you gotta have a good QB.

pull the trigger on that and don't look back.

Chris
09-20-2011, 03:58 PM
I think I will actually go for Denarius Moore instead of Decker. Drop Grossman or Stafford? Leaning towards Grossman because Bradford has more upside.

That One Guy
09-20-2011, 04:40 PM
I think I will actually go for Denarius Moore instead of Decker. Drop Grossman or Stafford? Leaning towards Grossman because Bradford has more upside.

Stafford has looked good, I thought. Grossman is much less consistent. Stafford, of course, could end up hurt next week but I think you can find Grossman-esque players on the waiver wire.

Chris
09-20-2011, 04:43 PM
Doh I mean Bradford. I'm a little tired. I don't have Stafford ;)

Apologies

That One Guy
09-20-2011, 05:59 PM
Doh I mean Bradford. I'm a little tired. I don't have Stafford ;)

Apologies

Ahh... I noted you mentioned Bradford later but just went with the first one.

Hmm.. I'd definitely agree that Bradford has more upside. He looked decent yesterday but their WRs are dropping like ladies when I pass by (:yayaya:) and they're having scoring issues. Bradford was my dark horse QB stud candidate for this year but so far it's just not there. I think I would keep him over Grossman but I wouldn't consider him the answer at this point.

Chris
09-20-2011, 06:53 PM
I've got Rivers now (in exchange for Wayne and Hightower). I think that was a pretty good trade and now I'll be able to start Ben Tate in the flex.

MrPeepers
09-20-2011, 07:09 PM
I had a brutal week last week and now have to go hunting for qb's and rb's, however i do have some need at wideout. what should be priority #1, #2 - PPR League

My team
QB- Vick, Cassell
RB- Jamal Charles (IR) dropped, Blount, Ryan Matthews, and Benjarvis Green
WR- Mike Wallace, Percy Harvin, AJ Green
TE- Jimmy Graham
K- Mason Crosby
D- Detroit, and 49ers

QB's available - Kafka(Vick), J Campbell, A Smith, Sexy Rexy, Dalton, McNabb, Collins
RB - Ben Tate, McCluster and T Jones, D Thomas, K Moreno, R Helu
WR- Decker, D Moore, Burleson, Doucett

Would you start Cassell or dump him? Pickup who? Vick likely out this week.
I need to replace Charles with someone, but stronger WR on waivers than RB.

Thanks

btw this league no trades and we charge to add/drop

spdirty
09-20-2011, 07:28 PM
Add Rex drop cassell

Add Daniel Thomas

Add decker drop harvin.

WABronco
09-20-2011, 08:01 PM
QB's: Rex Grossman, Kevin Kolb
RB: McFadden, Foster, Hightower, Tate, Bush, Felix Jones, Tolbert
WR: Mike Williams (TB), Stevie Johnson, Percy, Julio Jones

I had originally drafted Manning in the 3rd, so his neck thing really ****ed me over. I'm wondering if guys like...

QB: Hasselbeck, Bradford
RB: Helu (dropped him for Tate after week 1), Thomas
WR: Moore, Decker, Burleson, David Nelson

...would be upgrades.

Right now I've got a claim in for Decker/Moore/Burleson (in that order) and I'd be dropping Julio Jones. But even that sounds kinda stupid as Jones has plenty of upside of his own. I'm a pretty conservative fantasy owner but I fear if I don't make a move for a depth upgrade now I'll be high and dry later on. HELP ME HOMIE G'S

Chris
09-20-2011, 08:16 PM
I had a brutal week last week and now have to go hunting for qb's and rb's, however i do have some need at wideout. what should be priority #1, #2 - PPR League

My team
QB- Vick, Cassell
TE- Jimmy Graham
K- Mason Crosby
D- Detroit, and 49ers

QB's available - Kafka(Vick), J Campbell, A Smith, Sexy Rexy, Dalton, McNabb, Collins

Thanks

Grab Helu too.

MrPeepers
09-20-2011, 08:34 PM
dropped cassel and attempted waiver pickup on decker and thomas as they seem to be most likely to get snatched up. i think i can grab rex in a day or two if vick isn't cleared to play.

That One Guy
09-20-2011, 08:43 PM
I've got Rivers now (in exchange for Wayne and Hightower). I think that was a pretty good trade and now I'll be able to start Ben Tate in the flex.

Wayne is going to be marginal with Collins there and I'm relying on Hightower bigtime but figure I'm just counting the days until he goes down or loses his job. The gut feeling tells me not to expect good numbers all season long. You did well.

peacepipe
09-20-2011, 08:45 PM
I got SD def vs KC or Eagles def vs NYG, who would you start?

That One Guy
09-20-2011, 08:45 PM

My team
QB- Vick, Cassell
TE- Jimmy Graham
K- Mason Crosby
D- Detroit, and 49ers

Thanks

I would drop a D (probably 9ers) and pick up D Thomas. Bush is falling off the chart and Thomas could be a full fledged #1 RB and he's still available on waivers in some places. He went over 5 YPC last week, got a full load, and left Bush with a total of like 7 touches after the coach had said he'd get 20 per game. Their OL has been respectable and, really, I'd probably take him over someone like Matthews. Until Foster returns, Tate is a good play too.

EDIT: I didn't notice the drop add cost thing... that's screwy and right this second, I can't come up with a good answer of whether it'd be worth it. That depends on what it costs and how comfortable you are with your RBs.

That One Guy
09-20-2011, 08:48 PM
QB's: Rex Grossman, Kevin Kolb
RB: McFadden, Foster, Hightower, Tate, Bush, Felix Jones, Tolbert
WR: Mike Williams (TB), Stevie Johnson, Percy, Julio Jones

I had originally drafted Manning in the 3rd, so his neck thing really ****ed me over. I'm wondering if guys like...

QB: Hasselbeck, Bradford
RB: Helu (dropped him for Tate after week 1), Thomas
WR: Moore, Decker, Burleson, David Nelson

...would be upgrades.

Right now I've got a claim in for Decker/Moore/Burleson (in that order) and I'd be dropping Julio Jones. But even that sounds kinda stupid as Jones has plenty of upside of his own. I'm a pretty conservative fantasy owner but I fear if I don't make a move for a depth upgrade now I'll be high and dry later on. HELP ME HOMIE G'S

For principle, I'd grab Thomas and drop Bush but holy **** you have some RB depth.

MrPeepers
09-20-2011, 08:53 PM
I would drop a D (probably 9ers) and pick up D Thomas. Bush is falling off the chart and Thomas could be a full fledged #1 RB and he's still available on waivers in some places. He went over 5 YPC last week, got a full load, and left Bush with a total of like 7 touches after the coach had said he'd get 20 per game. Their OL has been respectable and, really, I'd probably take him over someone like Matthews. Until Foster returns, Tate is a good play too.

EDIT: I didn't notice the drop add cost thing... that's screwy and right this second, I can't come up with a good answer of whether it'd be worth it. That depends on what it costs and how comfortable you are with your RBs.

grabbed decker, then thomas on waivers will drop 9ers for rex if vick looks not to play otherwise i may start 9ers vs cincinatti for D. well see how it plays out my team has been losing by 1-2 pts each week. im 3rd on waivers.

That One Guy
09-20-2011, 08:55 PM
grabbed decker, then thomas on waivers will drop 9ers for rex if vick looks not to play otherwise i may start 9ers vs cincinatti for D. well see how it plays out my team has been losing by 1-2 pts each week. im 3rd on waivers.

If you'd like to keep the 9ers D and are gonna add a backup QB, why keep Cassell?

The general rule is if you can get someone of their quality from the waiver wire on a weekly basis, don't waste a backup spot on them. That usually pertains to 2nd tier QBs and Ds. If you're picking up Rex because you don't want to be stuck playing Cassell, that just reinforces that he's a wasted spot.

mwill07
09-21-2011, 10:15 AM
Who do you guys like better for the rest of the year: Freeman, Fitzpatrick, or Grossman? I can roster 2 of these guys, havimg trouble picking which one I don't want.

That One Guy
09-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Who do you guys like better for the rest of the year: Freeman, Fitzpatrick, or Grossman? I can roster 2 of these guys, havimg trouble picking which one I don't want.

Personally, not a Freeman believer.

Chris
09-21-2011, 08:43 PM
Freeman is good he just has no one to throw to (Benn and Winslow... meh). I'd definitely keep Fitzpatrick though bear in mind he faded big time at the end of the last season. It will be interesting to see how Buffalo does after teams have some tape on them.

I'd wait one more week to see how Grossman does but really... I just don't think he'll ever be a great player.

For this year I'd still go with Fitz and Grossman.

spdirty
09-21-2011, 09:34 PM
Who should be my flex starter?

Mike Williams Tampa vs Atlanta
BenJarvis Green-Ellis at Buffalo
Eric Decker at Tennessee
Mike Sims-Walker at Carolina
Dustin Keller at Oakland

???

Chris
09-21-2011, 09:39 PM
Decker or Keller (I watched the jets game last week and he was getting a LOT of targets). I'd still go Decker if you want the risk. Big play potential.

EDIT: Disclaimer - don't know much about green-ellis.

spdirty
09-21-2011, 10:55 PM
EDIT: Disclaimer - don't know much about green-ellis.

Green-Ellis has 25 points so far which is solid. Wanted him to be my every game flex this year but since Britt has emerged as a must start for me now he is a week to week question mark. I expect ne-buff to be a shootout this week so there's that danger that he may not get many carries.

And Mike Williams is now benched since getting shut out last week until he proves himself.

Think I'm gonna go with the hot hand and play Decker. Well shoot now that I think about it I kind of have to since I'm playing against the double deckers this week. :-D

Drek
09-22-2011, 04:41 AM
Who should be my flex starter?

Mike Williams Tampa vs Atlanta
BenJarvis Green-Ellis at Buffalo
Eric Decker at Tennessee
Mike Sims-Walker at Carolina
Dustin Keller at Oakland

???

Keller's 100 yard game last week was a product of him catching all six passes thrown to him. That isn't a very likely feat for him to repeat. He's a solid play but the upside probably isn't huge.

BJGE isn't a bad play. While the Bills did hold McFadden to only ~70 yards on 20 carries he did put up another 70 catching the football. That is the kind of detail the pats pick up on and exploit. But then Woodhead is effectively their receiving RB. That split duty is your risk with BJGE.

With Lloyd coming back there is some question as to if Decker will get as many targets. But Royal is now out and we're a three deep WR team with Royal, so if we can make hay in the passing game against Tennessee (which we should) Decker should do fine.

Decker would be my play. Check updates on all three of Keller, BJGE, and Decker before the first games start to make sure you don't get a late injury. Then pull for the young Bronco to keep breaking out for us.

Mike Williams and Sims-Walker should probably stay on your bench until they give you a reason to do otherwise.

That One Guy
09-23-2011, 01:24 PM
Beanie Wells comes up with a phantom injury the week he's going against freaking Seattle? This is the kind of game I got him for. 4:15 games suck.

Hercules Rockefeller
09-24-2011, 08:36 AM
Start Tate or Turner?

SoDak Bronco
09-24-2011, 08:57 AM
ben tit for tatE

That One Guy
09-24-2011, 09:00 AM
Start Tate or Turner?

Just about any matchup, I go Tate right now.

Not sure who's playing who in that scenario but unless it's Tate vs the Ravens or something, it's gotta be him.

tsiguy96
09-24-2011, 09:00 AM
Beanie Wells comes up with a phantom injury the week he's going against freaking Seattle? This is the kind of game I got him for. 4:15 games suck.

:welcome:

from what ive read, seattle actually has a decent run D. they just suck at everything other aspect of football.

That One Guy
09-24-2011, 09:03 AM
:welcome:

from what ive read, seattle actually has a decent run D. they just suck at everything other aspect of football.

LOL

That's hillarious 'cause I've caught myself rooting against Britt and Starks so as to feel like I won.

Chris
09-24-2011, 09:04 AM
Seattle have only allowed two 100 yard rushers in their last 16 games weirdly enough.

I have the same problem now. I traded hightower and wayne away for phyillis rivers so my depth aint great... start willis mcgahee, danario alexander or santana moss now?

That One Guy
09-24-2011, 09:06 AM
Seattle have only allowed two 100 yard rushers in their last 16 games weirdly enough.

I have the same problem now. I traded hightower and wayne away for phyillis rivers so my depth aint great... start willis mcgahee, danario alexander or santana moss now?

I like to stay away from waiver-wire pickups that just have a long ball or two that leave them with insane stats. I'd rather the 8-10 target guy every day of the week. That leaves me cold on Alexander right now. I think you have to ride the Mcgahee train until it slows down. He did well last week.

RhymesayersDU
09-24-2011, 09:22 AM
Anybody need RB help, it's worth picking up Bernard Scott, I think. He'll get three weeks of starter work with Benson suspended.

spdirty
09-24-2011, 09:54 AM
Start Tate or Turner?

I don't know anyone that would have Tate rated ahead of Turner. Turner usually does well against the Bucs, I have him in both of my leagues, and wouldn't think of benching him this week.

My church league has me pretty damn upset right now. Just traded Finley and Boldin for Gates. With only a 4 player bench there is a LOT of good talent at wideout there. For example, 85, harvin, Burleson, Jacoby Jones, Denarius Moore, Denario Alexander, David Nelson (who I wanted this week), and Nate Washington are all FAs right now.

And now because Gates is questionable, in maybe his most favorable fantasy matchup of the year, I have to pick up Fred Davis, and start Decker over all those guys which I don't want to do. Man I hate questionable. It's the most maddening injury status out there.

spdirty
09-24-2011, 10:01 AM
Which one do I sit out of these 3? Green-Ellis, Mike Williams Tampa, or Hakeem Nicks at the Eagles?

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Nicks meets Asomugha. Manningham out. Won't be an easy day for Eli.

That One Guy
09-24-2011, 10:57 AM
I don't know anyone that would have Tate rated ahead of Turner. Turner usually does well against the Bucs, I have him in both of my leagues, and wouldn't think of benching him this week.

My church league has me pretty damn upset right now. Just traded Finley and Boldin for Gates. With only a 4 player bench there is a LOT of good talent at wideout there. For example, 85, harvin, Burleson, Jacoby Jones, Denarius Moore, Denario Alexander, David Nelson (who I wanted this week), and Nate Washington are all FAs right now.

And now because Gates is questionable, in maybe his most favorable fantasy matchup of the year, I have to pick up Fred Davis, and start Decker over all those guys which I don't want to do. Man I hate questionable. It's the most maddening injury status out there.

Ya know, I don't think I noticed Turner was having as good a season as he is. I think the two players will probably have comparable numbers but it'd definitely not be a clear cut decision for me like it was.

That One Guy
09-24-2011, 10:58 AM
Nicks meets Asomugha. Manningham out. Won't be an easy day for Eli.

Maybe Eli will throw to his receiver that actually catches the ball now. Watching Nicks get just a few targets while Manningham drops pass after pass is freaking frustrating to watch.

tsiguy96
09-24-2011, 01:02 PM
LOL

That's hillarious 'cause I've caught myself rooting against Britt and Starks so as to feel like I won.

hahaha, im starting starks in the flex which is kinda risky given he gets like 4-5 carries a game it seems. britt may have a huge game this week or if champ is in he may be a complete non factor. its hard to really say who won unless you look at the rest of your lineup, i did good because i didnt need wells in as flex RB, it got me a better WR and a flex RB. you really needed a new RB, and wells was available for trade, so you may have made out for your specific roster as well.

That One Guy
09-24-2011, 02:39 PM
hahaha, im starting starks in the flex which is kinda risky given he gets like 4-5 carries a game it seems. britt may have a huge game this week or if champ is in he may be a complete non factor. its hard to really say who won unless you look at the rest of your lineup, i did good because i didnt need wells in as flex RB, it got me a better WR and a flex RB. you really needed a new RB, and wells was available for trade, so you may have made out for your specific roster as well.

Absolutely. I think we both were better afterward, overall.

And PFT said this week that while it'll still be a share, Starks is now considered the lead back. If/when GB starts getting some good leads going on, that solidifies his position as game closer. He'll do well but Beanie is a bit more reliable and I had the depth to spare.

The fact that you promised me half your winnings if I'd hook ya up didn't hurt any. !Booya!

The Joker
09-25-2011, 05:22 AM
McGahee or Hightower for my flex spot?

phibacka31
09-25-2011, 06:51 AM
Yes this is an actual question: Vernon Davis or Scott Chandler for TE. Vernon is not getting targeted at all in the new 49er offense.

ICON
09-25-2011, 07:04 AM
R. Bush vs CLE or L. Blount vs ATL ?

Thanks

ICON
09-25-2011, 07:08 AM
McGahee or B.Jacobs

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-25-2011, 07:21 AM
Yes this is an actual question: Vernon Davis or Scott Chandler for TE. Vernon is not getting targeted at all in the new 49er offense.

Davis will get back on track soon enough. It's hard to bench a potential stud (Davis) for a FF newcomer in Chandler. You usually play the studs while waiting out the flashes in the pan.

Now, Fred Davis, is looking like he might be the real deal.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-25-2011, 07:23 AM
R. Bush vs CLE or L. Blount vs ATL ?

Thanks

Bush is losing carries to Thomas in Miami. You might benefit a couple more points if it's PPR, but I'd go with the feature back in Blount. Week 1, they admitted they went away from him too much. Week 2, he bounced back as a focal point of that offense. And we know he has the size to be the goal line back, as well.

ICON
09-25-2011, 07:25 AM
Bush is losing carries to Thomas in Miami. You might benefit a couple more points if it's PPR, but I'd go with the feature back in Blount. Week 1, they admitted they went away from him too much. Week 2, he bounced back as a focal point of that offense. And we know he has the size to be the goal line back, as well.All good points thanks +1 rep

McGahee or B.Jacobs

Chris
09-25-2011, 07:34 AM
McG

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-25-2011, 07:34 AM
All good points thanks +1 rep

McGahee or B.Jacobs

That's a tough one. Knowshon is expected to be back, but we've seen McGahee get the carries near the goal line. I think the Giants are going to have to rely on that running game between Bradshaw/Jacobs with Manningham out, Eli sucking and going against the Eagles pass protection. They'll want to control the clock as much as possible today. Between the two, I'd take Jacobs in a slight nod over McGahee.

That One Guy
09-25-2011, 08:08 AM
So... interesting predicament for me this week.

I want to play Beanie Wells in my flex spot. I have Hightower and Daniels as my other two RBs. I like Henderson and Fitz as my WRs and put Nicks on my bench.

Now, my issue is Beanie is a 4:15 start and is questionable so it's possible he might not go. Now, I could move Hicks in for Fitz, and have Fitz as the sub for Beanie if he can't go. Alternatively, I can go with Fitz and Henderson and use Plaxico as my backup plan since he has a 4:15 as well.

Thoughts? Take the safe route with Nicks/Henderson/Wells or Fitz or go for broke and be left with Fitz/Henderson/Wells or Plaxico.

For an explanation of my position, I didn't care for how few targets Nicks got last week (granting he was dinged) so I'd prefer not to play him but with Manningham out, even a run-centered offense could get him a few touches. I'm just not confident that he'll be putting up monster numbers today.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-25-2011, 08:08 AM
Santana Moss v. Dallas MNF or Deion Branch v. Buffalo? PPR league. Moss is the Cowboy Killer, but Branch makes up with high targets in that NE passing game.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-25-2011, 08:09 AM
So... interesting predicament for me this week.

I want to play Beanie Wells in my flex spot. I have Hightower and Daniels as my other two RBs. I like Henderson and Fitz as my WRs and put Nicks on my bench.

Now, my issue is Beanie is a 4:15 start and is questionable so it's possible he might not go. Now, I could move Hicks in for Fitz, and have Fitz as the sub for Beanie if he can't go. Alternatively, I can go with Fitz and Henderson and use Plaxico as my backup plan since he has a 4:15 as well.

Thoughts? Take the safe route with Nicks/Henderson/Wells or Fitz or go for broke and be left with Fitz/Henderson/Wells or Plaxico.

For an explanation of my position, I didn't care for how few targets Nicks got last week (granting he was dinged) so I'd prefer not to play him but with Manningham out, even a run-centered offense could get him a few touches. I'm just not confident that he'll be putting up monster numbers today.

Wells has been saying he'll be alright.

I wouldn't rely on Plaxico if I had to.

That One Guy
09-25-2011, 08:10 AM
Santana Moss v. Dallas MNF or Deion Branch v. Buffalo? PPR league. Moss is the Cowboy Killer, but Branch makes up with high targets in that NE passing game.

Branch has been getting a lot of balls and if Buffalo decides to try to put up points in a shootout, it could get crazy. On the other side, Dallas could be left with no offensive players and Washington could be running the ball and burning clock by the 3rd quarter.

I say Branch.

That One Guy
09-25-2011, 08:12 AM
Wells has been saying he'll be alright.

I wouldn't rely on Plaxico if I had to.

Very much agreed. He's closer to being dumped than he is to starting most weeks if I start the two WRs that I'd prefer, he may be my only fallback option if Beanie has to call in sick.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-25-2011, 08:15 AM
Branch has been getting a lot of balls and if Buffalo decides to try to put up points in a shootout, it could get crazy. On the other side, Dallas could be left with no offensive players and Washington could be running the ball and burning clock by the 3rd quarter.

I say Branch.

Agreed. I'm already going with Fred Davis against the Cowboys. I hesitate to have 2 Redskins going in a Rex Grossman offense.

That One Guy
09-25-2011, 08:23 AM
Hillis already shut down for the day. If ya had him in, be sure to park him.

Baba Booey
09-25-2011, 08:37 AM
L. McCoy
McFadden
Mathews
Tate

need three

Also, should I play Decker over Britt?

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-25-2011, 08:50 AM
L. McCoy
McFadden
Mathews
Tate

need three

Also, should I play Decker over Britt?

McCoy is a monster. Tolbert steals from Mathews. And you have to keep the stud in McFadden (especially with those Campbell checkdowns). Nice little stable of RBs there. I'd go McCoy, McFadden and Taint.

Decker over Britt? No way. Especially with Champ out and Goodman trying to cover Britt.

Baba Booey
09-25-2011, 08:54 AM
Yeah I made sure to keep Britt in the lineup after I heard Champ is out.

And it looks like I'll go with Tate, considering Foster has been ruled out officially.

phibacka31
09-25-2011, 09:13 AM
Thoughts on Kenny Brit? Thinking about trying to deal him for a RB. I have Fred Jackson, Ben Tate, and Felix Jones right now, but would LOVE to get MJD or Forte for Brit.

Baba Booey
09-25-2011, 09:15 AM
Thoughts on Kenny Brit? Thinking about trying to deal him for a RB. I have Fred Jackson, Ben Tate, and Felix Jones right now, but would LOVE to get MJD or Forte for Brit.

What do your other WR's look like? If you can afford to deal him for a stud RB, then by all means.

phibacka31
09-25-2011, 09:17 AM
I have Nicks, Moss, Decker, AJ Green, without Brit

Baba Booey
09-25-2011, 09:25 AM
Yeah, I would definitely try to bring in a stud RB for Britt.

That One Guy
09-25-2011, 09:34 AM

If you can get Forte for Britt... You're playing with some interesting folk. MJD MAYBE but I haven't followed him much this year and he seems to be quiet so far.

WRs are always expendable and replaceable.

bowtown
09-25-2011, 09:46 AM
Hillis already shut down for the day. If ya had him in, be sure to park him.

Out with strep throat. Apparently he is 8 years-old. Hopefully he has a big bowl of ice cream while watching the game.

That One Guy
09-25-2011, 09:50 AM
Out with strep throat. Apparently he is 8 years-old. Hopefully he has a big bowl of ice cream while watching the game.

LOL

The Joker
10-07-2011, 04:19 AM
Right, advice on a trade offer please.

My backs are

Ray Rice
Hightower
McGahee
Tate

Someone else in the league has just offered me a trade, Tate in exchange for Torain. He has Foster.

Do people think Torain will end up the starter in Washington if he stays healthy? He looked so much better than Hightower running the ball in the Rams game... but you never know with Shanahan and his backs! Tate meanwhile becomes an elite fantasy player if Foster's fragile hammy's have any more issues... hard to give him up.

Would appreciate people's advice, thanks.

dbfan21
10-07-2011, 04:28 AM
I have a tough decision at TE:

Do I start Tony Gonzalez against Green Bay?
or
Do I start Vernon Davis against Tampa Bay?

Help a brutha out!!

dbfan21
10-07-2011, 04:30 AM
Right, advice on a trade offer please.

My backs are

Ray Rice
Hightower
McGahee
Tate

Someone else in the league has just offered me a trade, Tate in exchange for Torain. He has Foster.

Do people think Torain will end up the starter in Washington if he stays healthy? He looked so much better than Hightower running the ball in the Rams game... but you never know with Shanahan and his backs! Tate meanwhile becomes an elite fantasy player if Foster's fragile hammy's have any more issues... hard to give him up.

Would appreciate people's advice, thanks.

I wouldn't do it. I have Torain on my FF team, but he's on the bench. Sure he had a good game last week, but Shanny will get Hightower back in there, plus Torain is an injury risk. With your depth at RB, I'd keep Tate because it doesn't seem Foster's hammy is healing very well...and hammy's are hard to recover from in mid-season.

Just say no...

The Joker
10-07-2011, 06:16 AM
Thanks man, will definitely take that into consideration.

I'd start Gonzalez over Davis btw, no question.

Packers pass defense isn't very good and they've given up pretty decent points to TE's so far this year. Bucs have been pretty good against the TE this year too, and the 49ers passing game is poor.

Also, I can't see the Falcons D slowing the Pack offense down much so expect Ryan to throw a lot, and Gonzalez will get more than his fair share.

Smiling Assassin27
10-07-2011, 07:22 AM
I'd start Gonzalez over Davis btw, no question.

I concur. That's an easy choice.

phibacka31
10-07-2011, 07:30 AM
Thoughts on aj green?

That One Guy
10-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Hmm... So, dilemma:

Plax
Devery Henderson
Denarius Moore

Moore has his TD streak but not much else. Plax should put up something but he'll likely not have but 50 yds and maybe a TD. Henderson could do 150 and 2 TDs or he could do 7 yds receiving on the day.

That One Guy
10-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Thoughts on aj green?

That's a heart/gut play. Heart tells me never trust a Bengal offensive player, gut says he's been putting up points (aside from one game) even though in different ways (one week lots of yds, one week fewer yds but a TD).

Maybe if you give us the alternative we can make it a relative discussion.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-09-2011, 08:41 AM
Isn't Devery Henderson dealing with a calf injury?

peacepipe
10-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Anybody, who would you start, matt ryan or phillip rivers?

Chris
10-09-2011, 08:45 AM

don't make me answer this and look like a bad fan ;)

That One Guy
10-09-2011, 08:55 AM
Isn't Devery Henderson dealing with a calf injury?

Yep, I didn't know that when I asked. Must've overlooked it. It gave me the reason to park him that I needed. Pats have been exposed through the air but the Jets have been talking about going to more of a run game so I'm gonna play the boom/bust pick with Denarius Moore.

That One Guy
10-09-2011, 08:56 AM
don't make me answer this and look like a bad fan ;)

LOL

This.

The Joker
10-09-2011, 09:09 AM
Denver has been the worst team in the league against QB's... Hasselback and Dalton both had monster weeks against us and Rodgers destroyed us completely...

My opponent this week has Rivers, I'm expecting him to go nuts.

sgbfan
10-09-2011, 09:24 AM

I've got Rivers and Stafford. That ones actually a tough call. Stafford is rated higher this week by ESPN, but I can't help but think Rivers will destroy us.

peacepipe
10-09-2011, 09:58 AM
I've got Rivers and Stafford. That ones actually a tough call. Stafford is rated higher this week by ESPN, but I can't help but think Rivers will destroy us.I'm going with rivers,but I can't help but think ryan has revenge on his mind.

That One Guy
10-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Thoughts on aj green?

Ya know, in hindsight, I say play him.

ludo21
10-09-2011, 10:28 AM
I had to start Moreno today.... praying for some touches!!

DBroncos4life
10-09-2011, 10:37 AM
I had to start Moreno today.... praying for some touches!!

As did I. I'm not feeling to good about this week.

That One Guy
10-09-2011, 10:52 AM
Ugh... so much for AZ D being a good play. Today, across the board, is not going well for me.

DBroncos4life
10-10-2011, 04:23 PM
I made two trades this week.

I traded McGahee for Roddy White and then I traded Romo and Keller for Hernandez and Bradford. I have Rice, Forte and Jackson as my RBs and we can only start two anyways so McGahee isn't too important. I really need Hernandez in the worst way. I know he is coming back from the injury but this is my point total from my TEs each week. 5, 0, 8, 1, and 0. Romo is my back up and I'm not to worried about him.

Chris
10-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Should I trade Roddy White + Texans D for the Ravens D?

Hear me out - I've got Victor Cruz, AJ Green and Santana Moss at WR and I only have to start two per week.

bowtown
10-13-2011, 05:31 PM
I have a trade on the table that I'm probably going to take, but I have a choice of a throw-in WR on the deal. He's offering either Denarius Moore or Mike Thomas. What do you think?

Smiling Assassin27
10-13-2011, 06:00 PM
I have a trade on the table that I'm probably going to take, but I have a choice of a throw-in WR on the deal. He's offering either Denarius Moore or Mike Thomas. What do you think?

Unless you get points for return yards, I go with Mike Thomas. Raiders got a lot of wr's to spread it around--bey, moore, ford, and boss.

WABronco
10-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Here's a good one...

For a prospective stash-type pickup, should I try for Christian Ponder or Carson Palmer? We already all know who's going to be my starter. TEBOW DUH

phibacka31
10-18-2011, 05:15 PM
Just traded brees,Fred Jackson, Hakeem nicks, and Cedric benson for Tom Brady, MJD, Vincent Jackson,and sproles. Mind you it's a ppr league.

That One Guy
10-18-2011, 07:48 PM
Here's a good one...

For a prospective stash-type pickup, should I try for Christian Ponder or Carson Palmer? We already all know who's going to be my starter. TEBOW DUH

My simple thoughts:

Last time I saw him, Palmer was a terrible QB. Sure, he could have a Hasselbeck or Warner turnaround but the odds are that he wont.

Ponder wont light the world on fire but he'll be decent. He just doesn't really have great WRs.

I wouldn't get too excited by either.

Chris
10-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Just traded brees,Fred Jackson, Hakeem nicks, and Cedric benson for Tom Brady, MJD, Vincent Jackson,and sproles. Mind you it's a ppr league.

No offense but I don't think that was a good trade. The best RB this year, one of the best WRs and a decent RB for lesser players. Brady vs Brees is a toss up (slight edge to Brady).

I'm 5-1. Picking up the cowboys D on waivers (hopefully) but if that doesn't work out I'm considering trying to trade Aaron Hernandez (I have Jason Witten) for a top flight D like the Jets. I guess I was stupid to dump the Bears.

bowtown
10-18-2011, 08:24 PM
No offense but I don't think that was a good trade. The best RB this year, one of the best WRs and a decent RB for lesser players. Brady vs Brees is a toss up (slight edge to Brady).

I'm 5-1. Picking up the cowboys D on waivers (hopefully) but if that doesn't work out I'm considering trying to trade Aaron Hernandez (I have Jason Witten) for a top flight D like the Jets. I guess I was stupid to dump the Bears.

Why would you ever trade a great producer for a defense? Of any position--except kicker--defenses can be picked up week to week based on match up.

phibacka31
10-18-2011, 08:27 PM

Really Vincent Jackson is just as good as nicks. MJD just hasn't scored much. Jackson is bound to slow down. In our league Brady has produced 30 more points up to this point. And bensen isn't that good... Once again in our league it's ppr meaning sproles has scored a lot of fantasy points.

phibacka31
10-18-2011, 08:29 PM
Not saying it will happen but would you trade Brady, Santana moss, Eric decker, Vernon Davis, and Felix jones for Tebow, Greg jennigs, miles Austin, rob gronkoski, and Michael turner?

Chris
10-18-2011, 09:19 PM
Why would you ever trade a great producer for a defense? Of any position--except kicker--defenses can be picked up week to week based on match up.

Because I can't start that great producer since I have Witten. It's killing me :|

dbfan21
10-21-2011, 07:09 AM
In my ESPN league, who should I start: Demarius Thomas or Brandon Lloyd?

The latest out of St. Louis is that Bradford will not start due to high ankle sprain...it'll be AJ Feeley at the helm for the Rams. Obviously, that factors in to the decision.

I already have Decker as one of my WR's, so should I be a homer and play Thomas too, or should I sit DT for the first week and see how he plays?