PDA

View Full Version : Colts have inquired about Brady Quinn

BMarsh615
08-21-2011, 03:09 PM
**UPDATED NFL NEWS**Source: Indy Colts have been calling around looking for backup QB help & targeted Brady Quinn / Gradowski / Josh Johnson

https://twitter.com/#!/incarceratedbob/status/105378261428748289 (https://twitter.com/#%21/incarceratedbob/status/105378261428748289)

Does that make ya'll feel any better?

TheReverend
08-21-2011, 03:10 PM
**UPDATED NFL NEWS**Source: Indy Colts have been calling around looking for backup QB help & targeted Brady Quinn / Gradowski / Josh Johnson

https://twitter.com/#!/incarceratedbob/status/105378261428748289 (https://twitter.com/#%21/incarceratedbob/status/105378261428748289)

Does that make ya'll feel any better?

No

BMarsh615
08-21-2011, 03:11 PM
No

You don't think it's possible that Denver tried to get Quinn more reps because they were getting calls for him?

bronco militia
08-21-2011, 03:12 PM
huh......I was going to start a thread about shopping orton to Indi last night

bronco militia
08-21-2011, 03:15 PM
oh wait...it's incarcerated bob again

DrFate
08-21-2011, 03:16 PM
You don't think it's possible that Denver tried to get Quinn more reps because they were getting calls for him?

It's possible, sure. It would explain a lot...

It's clear Manning's neck is more serious than has been reported.

BMarsh615
08-21-2011, 03:17 PM
oh wait...it's incarcerated bob again

He has gotten a lot of things right this offseason, I say he has the same amount of credibility as PFT did a few years ago.

spdirty
08-21-2011, 03:20 PM
I wouldn't trade him. Orton maybe, that'd actually be funny to make him backup 18 once he gets back, but not Quinn.

bombay
08-21-2011, 03:20 PM
I wouldn't trade Quinn. He's looking better and better.

Unless they blow you away, of course.

cutthemdown
08-21-2011, 03:33 PM

Shhhh don't make sense around here....people get upset. It makes 100% sense that Broncos would showcase the bkup they want to trade. It's a great observation that wades through all the emotional BS going on the forum right now. Great great point and very realistic.

lostknight
08-21-2011, 03:37 PM
As a side note, this is not the first discussion about Quinn that the Broncos have had this offseason. Mr. Quinn might have played himself back into a starter, even if the Broncos are set with Orton.

maher_tyler
08-21-2011, 03:44 PM
What would we get in return??

Finger Roll
08-21-2011, 03:46 PM
Trading Quinn at this point would be pretty stupid

Northman
08-21-2011, 03:47 PM
Quinn for Freeney. Make it happen.

Dagmar
08-21-2011, 03:47 PM
God I wish we'd trade Orton. Not Quinn.

HAT
08-21-2011, 03:50 PM

Why?

Finger Roll
08-21-2011, 03:51 PM
God I wish we'd trade Orton. Not Quinn.

Agree. At least Quinn has the chance to be good and opens our playbook up more. It's very easy to game plan around Orton.

ward63
08-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Are they sure that they dont want Orton? haha

MacGruder
08-21-2011, 03:55 PM
If they are serious about Tebow then Quinn isn't a good guy to be a back up or mentor. It would be better to have someone else young like Tebow and someone elder that could mentor him more and be a solid backup. People are way overrating Quinn anyway

RunSilentRunDeep
08-21-2011, 04:06 PM
I'd feel better having the Bleacher Report or SB Nation confirm this rumor.

tnedator
08-21-2011, 04:06 PM
FWIW, @MaxBroncos posted this link about IncarceratedBob: http://nfldraftmonsters.com/news/is-incarceratedbob-a-complete-fraud/

tnedator
08-21-2011, 04:07 PM
I'd feel better having the Bleacher Report or SB Nation confirm this rumor.

Sarcasm?

Agamemnon
08-21-2011, 04:23 PM

All the more reason to think it might happen.

HAT
08-21-2011, 04:25 PM
All the more reason to think it might happen.

Why would it be stupid?

broncosteven
08-21-2011, 04:32 PM
The only time I remember Orton getting through an entire year without missing a game was the year he never dressed when duh bears went to the SB.

I think we are going to need Quinn at some point and he could turn out to be a better long term option as a starter.

I think they will use Timbo for gadget plays during the season so I wouldn't move anyone now.

theAPAOps5
08-21-2011, 04:33 PM
Sarcasm?

Did you seriously have to ask this.

theAPAOps5
08-21-2011, 04:35 PM
FWIW, @MaxBroncos posted this link about IncarceratedBob: http://nfldraftmonsters.com/news/is-incarceratedbob-a-complete-fraud/

Ha that is a complete and utter outing of the jersey shore wanna be incarcerated bob

ant1999e
08-21-2011, 04:43 PM

Yeah, I stopped following him He got quite irritating. Just STFU and give me football news.

robbieopperude
08-21-2011, 04:47 PM
Quinn for a 3rd and a 5th or no dice Indi.

tnedator
08-21-2011, 04:53 PM
Did you seriously have to ask this.

Haven't seen enough of RSRD's posts to know.

yerner
08-21-2011, 04:57 PM
Give them Tebow.

theAPAOps5
08-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Haven't seen enough of RSRD's posts to know.

I would think that 99.9999999 (repeating of course) would not be serious. But I guess you never know.

tnedator
08-21-2011, 05:00 PM
I would think that 99.9999999 (repeating of course) would not be serious. But I guess you never know.

I'm rarely suprised by people going against what I think is commone sense these days.

go_broncos
08-21-2011, 05:03 PM
Indy..Please take Orton for free.He plays great in preseason games.

theAPAOps5
08-21-2011, 05:06 PM
I'm rarely suprised by people going against what I think is commone sense these days.

Point taken :spit:

BMarsh615
08-21-2011, 05:11 PM

Schefter and Aaron Wilson both follow incarceratedbob on twitter, and Schefter even gave him a couple of shoutouts during the free agent frenzy a couple weeks ago. If you check incarceratedbob's twitter timeline he got a lot of FA signings right and was often the first to report them.

RunSilentRunDeep
08-21-2011, 05:14 PM
Sarcasm?

Yes, it makes me sad you asked.

In the future, when someone inevitably wastes our time with some worthless Bleacher Report link, I may make a crack about incarceratedbob, josina or some other well-known source of fraud journalism. I'll be joking then as well.

I don't do the "/end sarcasm" thing because I don't like insulting people's intelligence. It also looks gay.

FireFly
08-21-2011, 05:23 PM
The only time I remember Orton getting through an entire year without missing a game was the year he never dressed when duh bears went to the SB.

I think we are going to need Quinn at some point and he could turn out to be a better long term option as a starter.

I think they will use Timbo for gadget plays during the season so I wouldn't move anyone now.

I agree with this.

If we decide to trade Orton, than fine. He's gone at the end of the year anyhow. Otherwise I'd rather keep all 3.

If Orton goes down Quinn could turn out to be the long term solution.

I also agree that Tebow will see the field in special packages. This is especially possible with the new 3rd QB rules.

ColoradoDarin
08-21-2011, 05:29 PM
What would we get in return??

Peyton Manning?

HAT
08-21-2011, 05:51 PM
Color me super confused that the very same people who want Tebow starting are saying we need Quinn in case Orton gets hurt. ???

TheReverend
08-21-2011, 05:59 PM

"No" as in "no, it doesn't make me feel better".

broncosteven
08-21-2011, 06:13 PM
Color me super confused that the very same people who want Tebow starting are saying we need Quinn in case Orton gets hurt. ???

I don't have a horse in the Orton/Quinn/Timbo race, I just want the best guy of the 3 to start.

cabronco
08-21-2011, 06:16 PM
Pound sand Colts, now we can talk a trade for Weber...:thumbsup:

baja
08-21-2011, 06:18 PM
It's a good thing the OM isn't a large boat. The way the herd runs from side to side we would surly capsize.

First it was "Hillis for Quinn" Quinn is garbage cut him now, now it's wow Quinn is really good let's start him and dump Orton.

You might consider we have three very capable QBs and all were bought to you by Josh McDaniels.

broncswin
08-21-2011, 06:28 PM
I don't have a horse in the Orton/Quinn/Timbo race, I just want the best guy of the 3 to start.

this and that is all :thumbsup:

Cito Pelon
08-21-2011, 06:40 PM
My god, the incredibly high level of childish stupidity on this board is amazing.

elsid13
08-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Give them Tebow.

Their offense doesn't use a Fullback.

Tim
08-21-2011, 06:44 PM
trade quinn. Perfect scenario, make it happen.

gtown
08-21-2011, 06:45 PM
Wouldn't mind Quinn being traded, especially for some beef in the middle of our DL or OL, which IMO are not much better than last year. I think Orton is still head and shoulders above Quinn and Tebow, and I think we have to give Tim his fair shake.

Hogan11
08-21-2011, 07:14 PM
Give them Tebow.

This

Paladin
08-21-2011, 07:20 PM

"Common sense is not common these days." Voltaire

Pseudofool
08-21-2011, 07:21 PM
Keeping both Quinn and Orton seems silly given both are FAs after the season (IIRC). If the coaching staff likes one better than the other, it makes the decision easier. Trading Quinn would allow them to keep Tebow on the bench.

Trading Orton and then starting Quinn would only make the QB controversy worse.

Paladin
08-21-2011, 07:25 PM
What controversy?

Is there a QB controversy?

Where?

Lestat
08-21-2011, 07:30 PM
hopefully Quinn can keep playing well and improve every week. i for one hope it's constant competition and not just because someone is sucking. a glut at QB would be very valuable later on in the season.

KipCorrington25
08-21-2011, 07:32 PM
I think people are naturally gun shy about any trade because every trade the last few years has been a complete fleecing. It would be nice to not take it in the rear in a trade for once.

tnedator
08-21-2011, 07:52 PM
Yes, it makes me sad you asked.

In the future, when someone inevitably wastes our time with some worthless Bleacher Report link, I may make a crack about incarceratedbob, josina or some other well-known source of fraud journalism. I'll be joking then as well.

I don't do the "/end sarcasm" thing because I don't like insulting people's intelligence. It also looks gay.

Gotcha, I will add you to my "not a gullible idiot" list... ;)

extralife
08-21-2011, 08:15 PM
I think people are naturally gun shy about any trade because every trade the last few years has been a complete fleecing. It would be nice to not take it in the rear in a trade for once.

I dunno man, this Jarmon kid might make third team for us.

El Guapo
08-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Quinn looked awfully good yesterday. I would put Orton on the trade block and keep the other two.

TailgateNut
08-21-2011, 08:59 PM
Quinn looked awfully good yesterday. I would put TIMBOW on the trade block and keep the other two.

Mo Betta!

bronco militia
08-21-2011, 09:22 PM
Quinn looked awfully good yesterday.

what?

orton has nothing to worry about

HAT
08-21-2011, 09:26 PM
It's a good thing the OM isn't a large boat. The way the herd runs from side to side we would surly capsize.

First it was "Hillis for Quinn" Quinn is garbage cut him now, now it's wow Quinn is really good let's start him and dump Orton.

You might consider we have three very capable QBs and all were bought to you by Josh McDaniels.

Welcome back, Hippy. There were precious few of us who knew that the Quinn trade was a steal. HI-larious to see everyone jump on his bandwagon now.

MacGruder
08-21-2011, 09:39 PM
The Josh McDaniels school for wayward quarterbacks.. Gruden could team up.. that would be a great show.

Rother8
08-21-2011, 09:42 PM
I'd be thrilled if this went down.

To me, that's the only way BQ could have possibly been playing all those snaps with Tebow getting 2 passes. Unless it's flipped next week, but hopefully by then we have a 4th rounder and not BQ.

baja
08-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Welcome back, Hippy. There were precious few of us who knew that the Quinn trade was a steal. HI-larious to see everyone jump on his bandwagon now.

We both knew this day would come.

Next everyone will say "I always knew Quinn had elite talent and even a blind squirrel finds an acorn occasionally" ( referring to McD)

The Joker
08-21-2011, 09:47 PM
You'd think that the Colts would be able to develop a reasonably competent backup when the guy is watching Manning up close and personal every day. Yet they all seem to suck immensely.

Quinn would be a good pickup for them, and unless we're planning on giving him an extension or think he can start this year at some we should probably get something for him while we can.

Wes Mantooth
08-21-2011, 09:54 PM
Make the trade! If we can get a 3rd for him or a reserve DT now, why not?

doonwise
08-21-2011, 10:01 PM
Trading Quinn is a great idea and the front office should pull the trigger. It puts us back into a clear #1, #2, #3 QB hierarchy and well all know that Quinn will never be a top shelf QB. We don't want him taking development reps away from Tebow or the 3rd string developmental QB.

ozomulsion
08-21-2011, 10:14 PM

Nice try. That turd won't float regardless of the validity, simply because it's you saying it. If it was someone else it wouldn't float either, but for different reasons. It's both too dramatic, and not dramatic enough at the same time. If I sort through enough muck around here I can still find things to learn from. Mainly though, it's good relief if I'm grinding my teeth too much, as my jaw drops and brings satisfying relief to the tension.

baja
08-21-2011, 10:23 PM

If we were to get high 3rd for Quinn would we have been fleeced in the trade for him?

baja
08-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Nice try. That turd won't float regardless of the validity, simply because it's you saying it. If it was someone else it wouldn't float either, but for different reasons. It's both too dramatic, and not dramatic enough at the same time. If I sort through enough muck around here I can still find things to learn from. Mainly though, it's good relief if I'm grinding my teeth too much, as my jaw drops and brings satisfying relief to the tension.

Jaw dropping?

Do you disagree that we have some combination of a good starting quarterback and two promising backups?

Do you disagree that McD acquired all three?

What about that statement causes you slack jaw?

Shananahan
08-21-2011, 11:09 PM
If we were to get high 3rd for Quinn would we have been fleeced in the trade for him?
A high third, huh?

strafen
08-21-2011, 11:27 PM
Why is it nobody is interested in Orton.
He's been in the trading block for over a year now, and nobody wants the guy... Ha! ROFL!

baja
08-21-2011, 11:39 PM
A high third, huh?

What would you take in trade for a first round QB with prototypical NFL quarterback skills who appears to be finding his legs?

Shananahan
08-21-2011, 11:45 PM
What would you take in trade for a first round QB with prototypical NFL quarterback skills who appears to be finding his legs?
Not that he's getting traded, but Quinn's value is what other teams would pay for him.

Do you think anybody is going to give Denver a high third?

baja
08-21-2011, 11:57 PM
Not that he's getting traded, but Quinn's value is what other teams would pay for him.

Do you think anybody is going to give Denver a high third?

Do you think Kolb has a higher potential up side than Quinn or is substantially better right now?

Shananahan
08-22-2011, 12:04 AM
No, but what I think doesn't change the fact that Denver isn't getting anywhere near a high third-round pick for him.

I agree with you on most regarding Quinn, but you're getting carried away if you that's realistic.

baja
08-22-2011, 12:11 AM
Well I hope we keep him. Some team will need him real bad sometime during the season, let's wait for that and see if his play continues to improve in the mean time.

baja
08-22-2011, 12:12 AM
Actually I think Quinn is the reason they felt comfortable to shop Orton. The kid has turned it on.

MacGruder
08-22-2011, 12:14 AM
Actually I think Quinn is the reason they felt comfortable to shop Orton. The kid has turned it on.

But weren't they already shopping Orton before they even saw Quinn in training camp? Or do you think they felt he had improved last season before the lockout?

strafen
08-22-2011, 12:17 AM

Now you're really talking out of your ass LOL

DBroncos4life
08-22-2011, 12:22 AM
HATTIESBURG, Miss. -- Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay posted on his Twitter account that he was in Brett Favre's hometown, but the quarterback's agent says he has not heard of any interest from the Colts.

The 41-year-old Favre retired in the offseason after a 20-year career and lives in Hattiesburg. Irsay sent a tweet on Sunday saying "Brad, I'm in Hattiesburg ... is it right or left at the Firechief?"

Last Colts QB To Start Not Named Peyton

Harbaugh Peyton Manning has started every regular-season (208) and postseason (19) game for the Colts since being drafted in 1998. The last quarterback not named Peyton Manning to start a regular-season game for the Colts was current 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh (a 39-28 loss at Minnesota on Dec. 21, 1997).